PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

littleman
14/12/2013, 6:13 PM
To answer your question an to keep it simply,personally I feel the ref bottled it . Essentially becoming the oppositions 12 th man.

With respect to the few
bad results. We put in our worst performance of the season an were rightly punished by Glasheen. Would it not be better give come credit to Glasheen for their performance

We lost 1 league game an are out of the Fai, 2nd in the league, quarterfinal of the league cup,,,,,,,,il take that all day,,,,,,
I know u would

ringmahon4ever
18/12/2013, 3:50 PM
any transfer news lads ???? id say this division be very very interesting in the new year

ringmahon4ever
28/12/2013, 10:11 AM
Everyone needs the break but great to see fixtures back up for next weekend

littleman
28/12/2013, 6:13 PM
Looking forward to getting back alright . Friendly tomorrow against Waterloo an another Wednesday should get the beer an the turkey out of us for the game Saturday evening . Hav'nt heard much with regards to comings and goings .

ringmahon4ever
29/12/2013, 5:58 PM
i see the cup games are been played which is great

Sparks
29/12/2013, 6:36 PM
i see the cup games are been played which is great
With the weather we've had last 2 weeks and whats forecast for next 2 weeks I wouldn't hold much hope of any games been played.

littleman
29/12/2013, 8:39 PM
Sparks ,,,,,, bleeding all weathers are a neusence haha

littleman
31/12/2013, 10:05 PM
Happy new year from Littleman an the Northside Rebels .

Sparks
03/01/2014, 10:45 AM
******Cancelled Games*****
Posted: 2014-01-03 10:57:51

ALL Munster Senior League games,including o35 games, are cancelled this weekend, with the exception of scheduled ALL-WEATHER games.

littleman
04/01/2014, 11:40 AM
Worked nights last night lads an the weather was awful . Good call by the Msl to carpet bomb the fixtures in my humble opinion . In respect of our game , the joys of having an all weather . The Northside Nucamp is open for buisness tonight again and we entertain the league champs and I just hope we put on a better show than our last outing against Glasheen , all credit to Glasheen in fairness .

Played a few friendlies over Xmas to get the turkey out and let's just hope we start the year well .

Kick off is at 6 lads so come early to ensure a good seat . Free entry and parking and OAP 's an under 16s with a hoodie an tracksuits are free in . Heck seein as I'm in good form , everyone's free in tonite :) .

PS,due to the impending downpours expected there will be a life guard on duty :)

Sparks
05/01/2014, 1:05 PM
Worked nights last night lads an the weather was awful . Good call by the Msl to carpet bomb the fixtures in my humble opinion . In respect of our game , the joys of having an all weather . The Northside Nucamp is open for buisness tonight again and we entertain the league champs and I just hope we put on a better show than our last outing against Glasheen , all credit to Glasheen in fairness .

Played a few friendlies over Xmas to get the turkey out and let's just hope we start the year well .

Kick off is at 6 lads so come early to ensure a good seat . Free entry and parking and OAP 's an under 16s with a hoodie an tracksuits are free in . Heck seein as I'm in good form , everyone's free in tonite :) .

PS,due to the impending downpours expected there will be a life guard on duty :)

Report or score line?

littleman
05/01/2014, 1:42 PM
Sorry for the delay, had our Xmas team night out after the game.

Mayfield 2 Douglas Hall 1

The first half was scrappy with both sides looking to catch the other on the break .

We took the lead on 20 through Jamie Murphy's deflected effort an instead of kicking on we wobbled an in fairness the Hall equalised an gave us a few scares till the ref blew for half time .

Made one positional change at half time an took the lead within minutes of the restart when Jamie robbed the ball from the center half an finished well for his 2nd.

The pitch was well iced up by half time an it made it difficult to control the ball on the run but made it perfect for passing the ball . I think last night in the 2nd half we showed how well we can pass the ball .

It was an open enough 2 nd half with the best chances falling to Mayfield . Once we went with 3 in the middle man for man we were stronger and we upped the intensity an pressurised the Hall up top at every opertuinity . We should of made the scoreline more comfortable in all honesty but If it wasn't for some truly outstanding goalkeeping from the wise old owl ;) in the Hall goal the scoreline would of been wider.

As with any game we were under pressure at times but defensively we were top class in the 2 nd half an our new keeper was superb on the night .

3 points an a bit of pride was what was gained last night . Last season the Hall took us to the cleaners twice in the league an the season before we twice were 1 up only to conceed late in the game to end with draws so it was important for ourselves to get a result last night we needed to prove we could . We were superb all over the pitch in the 2nd half last night.

fifa
07/01/2014, 10:02 AM
Big blow to Mayfields title hopes with Jamie Murphy apparently signing for Cobh Ramblers

Sparks
07/01/2014, 11:19 AM
Big blow to Mayfields title hopes with Jamie Murphy apparently signing for Cobh Ramblers
Good send off for Jamie getting 2 against the champs if true.
And I also was told the young dark lad in midfield is going too Galway also but again how realiable is second hand information? I'm sure little man will clear it up hes allways knocking around here.

littleman
07/01/2014, 11:42 AM
Corks a small place an people talk so why lie when questions are asked .

Paul Koffi has moved to Galway for work but intends on traveling back for games when possible.

Jamie Murphy has been asked to attend pre season training by Cobh Ramblers but he will continue to play with Mayfield United Juniors for the foreseeable future or until he receives an offer worth accepting . So he's far from played his last game with us .

On a side note against the Hall Steven Kearney, Stevie o donnell,Shane "duggzy" Duggan , Ray Keating, Dave Cremmin,Pa o Connell and Thomas Mulaney didn't even tog off so with all due respect to the 2 aforementioned players you might understand what I'm not panicking .

Any other questions you'd like cleared up with regards to Mayfield United Juniors please don't hesitate to ask, cheers Littleman

fifa
09/01/2014, 10:31 AM

Paul Koffi has moved to Galway for work but intends on traveling back for games when possible.

Jamie Murphy has been asked to attend pre season training by Cobh Ramblers but he will continue to play with Mayfield United Juniors for the foreseeable future or until he receives an offer worth accepting . So he's far from played his last game with us .

On a side note against the Hall Steven Kearney, Stevie o donnell,Shane "duggzy" Duggan , Ray Keating, Dave Cremmin,Pa o Connell and Thomas Mulaney didn't even tog off so with all due respect to the 2 aforementioned players you might understand what I'm not panicking .

Any other questions you'd like cleared up with regards to Mayfield United Juniors please don't hesitate to ask, cheers Littleman

Paddy Powers quoting ye at 6/4 for the title do you not think ye'll bottle it on the real pitches when yer after playing 90% of yer games at home on astro was at yer recent game vs glasheen and wasn't impressed should of pushed on after getting back to a draw but I think it showed yer frailties conceding way too much

littleman
09/01/2014, 12:37 PM
Keep your money in your pocket so Fifa :p

fifa
09/01/2014, 1:12 PM
Keep your money in your pocket so Fifa :p
I think I will

rushy12
09/01/2014, 1:14 PM

Any other questions you'd like cleared up with regards to Mayfield United Juniors please don't hesitate to ask, cheers Littleman right i was at this game as i was working in the area so i popped into see how this was would go..mate of mine plays for hall (who has mentioned the disarray their season has been eg their centre half has to go into goals) all down to poor management Im pressuming..anyway the game..hall could have been 2/3 up after a few minutes with a few half chances that an inform striker would have taken..then mayfield took the lead, deflected shot..hall equalized..fair at half time..mayfield got on top but scored from a gift to their striker..hall got back into it but no clearcut chance..mayfield could of added another 1/2 as hall were dropping like flies..injuries etc..mayfield deserved there win..just got away with it as i think the crossbar was hit in the last minute..from what i saw that night was the hall manager has lost alot of players from what i hear is self inflicted..they didn't look fit and no keeper..which is embarrassing for the champions..as for mayfield they are the same as last year with addition to Jamie Murphy who is a very good player..other than that mayfield will be looking to finish 3/4..hall tho will be interesting..if they don't get a result Friday night, they are in trouble?also thrown out of a cup...interesting..so littleman 3/4..be happy with that..that will be a good year.

Superkeeper
09/01/2014, 3:15 PM
Lads some of the comments on this are extremely harsh to say the least !

littleman
09/01/2014, 3:43 PM
I agree Superkeeper , some of the comments are laughable

rushy12
09/01/2014, 5:25 PM
Explain what comments are harsh and laughable...those who wear blinkers are easily amused by honest comments..excuse the pun littleman but grow up.

littleman
09/01/2014, 9:50 PM
Rushy you came on here with the bucket load of excuses as to why your mates team lost, an I'm wearin blinkers haha, that's twice you made me giggle today.

Im_not_stirring
09/01/2014, 11:32 PM
I took the holidays off but I'm back now. I needed my spoon for lots of cooking last few weeks.

Little man I don't think there is a bucketload of excuses it looks like genuine talk that we have all being saying about the hall for last few weeks. An in fairness he did say ye just about deserved it. I can't believe ye are 6/4. I think college with a lot to spare.

I to keeper would like to know what comments are harsh & are you a buddy of little man.

littleman
10/01/2014, 6:26 AM
Not even going to entertain you spoony . I enjoyed your " holiday " though :p

Dont think theres enough room for your OAR an little ol me on here so littleman is bailing out and if we do finish 3rd or 4th or worse then I'l gladly return to say that you were all correct .

Ps best of luck to Corinthians an Douglas Hall this weekend in the Mjc .

Littleman over and out and good luck to everyone even you Steve Redgrave:p

Pass pass pass
10/01/2014, 4:30 PM
I took the holidays off but I'm back now. I needed my spoon for lots of cooking last few weeks.

Little man I don't think there is a bucketload of excuses it looks like genuine talk that we have all being saying about the hall for last few weeks. An in fairness he did say ye just about deserved it. I can't believe ye are 6/4. I think college with a lot to spare.

I to keeper would like to know what comments are harsh & are you a buddy of little man.

Theres no betting on that league at all

oldlegs
10/01/2014, 7:15 PM
Innishvilla A prem aul are looking for game next saturday 18th of jan . Please contact Denis on 0872932652 if interested in a game thank's.

rushy12
10/01/2014, 8:45 PM
I didn't come on here to blow people off the forum. I just stated what I saw in that game. mayfield deserved it no doubt but it seemed that littleman was watching a different game to me..plus I have a mate playing for mayfield too.
He is over and out. That is unfortunate because I loved the way he viewed the league (with blinkers on). I won't get any enjoyment if Im right that his team finish 3/4, it is just an opinion. That's what football is, opinions. And finally if I could get a bet on cors to win the league I would invest my grandmothers pension on them.
I AIN'T over and out.;-)

Sparks
10/01/2014, 9:51 PM
Hall 2 Rockmount 1

Mighty almighty
11/01/2014, 5:44 PM

Still can't work this one out,how can a player getting a trial with Cobh ramblers be playing Msl junior,would he not be a huge addition to your senior side,never mind being a major diff to your sides fortunes this year?

el nino coro
11/01/2014, 8:14 PM
Looking forward to Carrigaline v Mayfield tomorrow!

ringmahon4ever
12/01/2014, 9:19 AM
prob only game be on again!!!! match off ringmahon park

Im_not_stirring
15/01/2014, 12:49 PM
Looking forward to Carrigaline v Mayfield tomorrow!

Did this game get played. If so any result.

Im_not_stirring
15/01/2014, 12:57 PM
Jaysus littleman can't believe your leaving us. We do enjoy your match reports ( even when a little bias ). I don't think you will tho. Looks like your getting out of the kitchen hope the league don't get to hot for ye also. ( only teasing ). It's only a bit of a laugh don't take things so seriously.

Best of luck to ye. I'd love to see a team of locals break the domination of teams taking players from all over the city.

Im_not_stirring
16/01/2014, 3:32 PM
This thread also like senior one seems to be missing things from earlier today?

Can anyone explain???
Who is in charge of this ????

Only wondering now is it just a website issue

Im_not_stirring
17/01/2014, 8:51 AM
Anyone know are the games going ahead tonight?

Im_not_stirring
17/01/2014, 9:26 PM
Ringmahon won again tonight.3 nil. Starting to look real contenders now as well as Mayfield & college. Well worth the win tonight but credit to a young rockmount team. Just saw on msl site 5 nil midelton. They to look like they could be in the mix.

Sparks
18/01/2014, 6:49 PM
Any idea how the hall are doing?

Blackandwhite
18/01/2014, 7:01 PM
2-1 down

Blackandwhite
18/01/2014, 7:28 PM
3-1 Killarney

littleman
18/01/2014, 7:30 PM
Mayfield 6 UCC A 1

Blackandwhite
18/01/2014, 7:47 PM
4-1 Killarney

pirlo
19/01/2014, 5:47 PM
Ringmahon won again tonight.3 nil. Starting to look real contenders now as well as Mayfield & college. Well worth the win tonight but credit to a young rockmount team. Just saw on msl site 5 nil midelton. They to look like they could be in the mix.

Great junior league this year, hard to call at the moment, ringmahon and mayfield look like they could be the teams to beat. Cors have a lot of games to play and I think this might b their Achilles heal. Midleton and Douglas will have a say on where the trophy will end up this year. No team will be guaranteed 3 points from them.

littleman
19/01/2014, 8:03 PM
Well for what it's worth I thought the UCC were quality last nite in fairness . Played ball throughout .

Superkeeper
19/01/2014, 8:37 PM
Quality little man? Ye beat them 6-1?

littleman
19/01/2014, 8:56 PM
All the scoreline reflected was the quality of our front 4 an there finishing , some of our goals were ridiculalous . To a man all our lads at half time said UCC were the best side we had played to date , it was a cracking game that just 2 footballing sides slugged it out an ended up with a one sided scoreline,it wasn't a hammering in terms of quality , just finishing .

Did I mention UCC got a great goal too !

Have no fears UCC A will take points all round

Im_not_stirring
20/01/2014, 4:37 PM
Great junior league this year, hard to call at the moment, ringmahon and mayfield look like they could be the teams to beat. Cors have a lot of games to play and I think this might b their Achilles heal. Midleton and Douglas will have a say on where the trophy will end up this year. No team will be guaranteed 3 points from them.

Yes have to agreed with you , most competitive for a few years which is good to see. Not to many easy points out there from what i've seen so far this year. A lot of good teams in the league. Couple of the mid table teams capable of having a say yet I think.

Im_not_stirring
20/01/2014, 4:46 PM
All the scoreline reflected was the quality of our front 4 an there finishing , some of our goals were ridiculalous . To a man all our lads at half time said UCC were the best side we had played to date , it was a cracking game that just 2 footballing sides slugged it out an ended up with a one sided scoreline,it wasn't a hammering in terms of quality , just finishing .

Did I mention UCC got a great goal too !

Have no fears UCC A will take points all round

Ahhh little man we knew you wouldn't leave us. Another win for ye. looks like good weekend for yourselfs , ring & midelton. I think pirlo could have a point about college having problems with so few games played. a lot of catching up and a few injuries could hurt them.

littleman
20/01/2014, 6:57 PM
Well my spoony friend me saying I was going was merely a statement of intent , keep it football an il gladly stick around , no interest in wind ups or p### takin , seen plenty good forums go to waste cause of a few bad apples who are only interested in causing mayhem with a keyboard .

fifa
20/01/2014, 9:40 PM
Well my spoony friend me saying I was going was merely a statement of intent , keep it football an il gladly stick around , no interest in wind ups or p### takin , seen plenty good forums go to waste cause of a few bad apples who are only interested in causing mayhem with a keyboard .
Just because you don't like somebody else's opinion on here dosnt mean there a "bad apple" or causing "mayhem"