PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior League - Junior Divisions

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

Shinguard
02/10/2013, 10:06 PM
Ya Sparks but their was some issue with a Leeside player I think and it seems the fairest thing was to just have a play off between Everton an Wilton . Dosent really bother me personally .

Leeside played illegal players against Everton United and Wilton United. They were removed from the competition by the league.

tricksey
02/10/2013, 10:27 PM
Leeside played illegal players against Everton United and Wilton United. They were removed from the competition by the league.
Of course you would know shin gaurd if they played the players against Everton !

Sparks
03/10/2013, 11:26 AM
seems every year these cups turn into a farce!

Wheres the farce? If you break the rules they remove you from the competition I think it's actually pretty clear for once from the MSL

ringmahon4ever
03/10/2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah carrigaline played a senior player against our a team so we got the three points instead and onwards we move. Interesting to see its ringmahon versus Douglas hall in two games

Sparks
04/10/2013, 9:42 PM
Looking at the tables and Leeside seem too have been docked points in the League also?? What's going on down little island? More illegal players?? After been throw out of the cup this week just gets worse for them

littleman
04/10/2013, 11:38 PM
The Hall V Cors,,,,,,,,,,,,, any decent match report,obviously being fair to both sides,an no BS please.

bullet
05/10/2013, 2:31 PM
Looking at the tables and Leeside seem too have been docked points in the League also?? What's going on down little island? More illegal players?? After been throw out of the cup this week just gets worse for them
I heard the 2nd team managers thought a player was signed on the 2nd team form but he wasnt, they played 3 first team players! it wasnt like they were trying to get away with playing illegal players his name was down. I think the blame is totally at Exectitive level its an absolute farce from talking to people from there.

Sparks
05/10/2013, 6:45 PM
I heard the 2nd team managers thought a player was signed on the 2nd team form but he wasnt, they played 3 first team players! it wasnt like they were trying to get away with playing illegal players his name was down. I think the blame is totally at Exectitive level its an absolute farce from talking to people from there.

2nd team? They've a junior and senior team and no seniors are left play junior it's a fairly simple concept

There's no such thing as group forms either. Every player gets registered on an individual form. Each individual form has the team and league registered in at the top so too try too say its a mistake at committee level is laughable. Blame must ly solely at the feet of the managers as they must keep track of whos registered and also how many as you can only have 23 players in any one team.

fifa
06/10/2013, 11:50 AM
Ringmahon b 3-0 Rockmount

littleman
06/10/2013, 2:23 PM
Watched the 2nd half of this one.Ringmahon were well worth the victory. Looked a good solid side. Rockmount tried in fairness but maybe Sunday mornings dont suit them. Ringmahon could of scored a few more if not for poor finishin and a solid performance from the Rockmount keeper.

Glenbuck
06/10/2013, 5:16 PM
Watched the 2nd half of this one.Ringmahon were well worth the victory. Looked a good solid side. Rockmount tried in fairness but maybe Sunday mornings dont suit them. Ringmahon could of scored a few more if not for poor finishin and a solid performance from the Rockmount keeper.Well deserved 3 points alright. What did you think of second goal.

littleman
06/10/2013, 10:00 PM
Look Glenbuck I know you might feel agreived about the 2nd goal if the ref maybe got it wrong , but it was one way traffic at that stage and it was only a matter of when and not if Ringmahon would score again.

If I though the game hinged on the 2nd goal Id say ye have a fair reason to grumble but Ringmahon had the game won at half time and the only thing left to be settled was by how much.

If Ringmahon are anything they are cute with the ball an ye held a line way to high all game. They were pickin passes through yer backline on the half way line time an time again.

The ref was well placed throughout the game and my opinion was he let the game play as much he could and got the majority of calls right. Id have no problem admitting Rockmount tried throughout to get back into the game but to start with 10 an get to half time only 1 nil down was doing very well.

Starting the 2nd half with 11 did help a bit but being honest Ringmahon looked the stronger side,and they did have 3 subs so tired legs wasnt as much a problem obviously. As iv said in fairness Rockmount kept pluggin away but the 3/0 could of been a lot worse had Ringmahon took there chances , maybe the Sunday morning kick off didnt help but I hope things improve for ye.

Glenbuck
06/10/2013, 11:01 PM
Look Glenbuck I know you might feel agreived about the 2nd goal if the ref maybe got it wrong , but it was one way traffic at that stage and it was only a matter of when and not if Ringmahon would score again.

If I though the game hinged on the 2nd goal Id say ye have a fair reason to grumble but Ringmahon had the game won at half time and the only thing left to be settled was by how much.

If Ringmahon are anything they are cute with the ball an ye held a line way to high all game. They were pickin passes through yer backline on the half way line time an time again.

The ref was well placed throughout the game and my opinion was he let the game play as much he could and got the majority of calls right. Id have no problem admitting Rockmount tried throughout to get back into the game but to start with 10 an get to half time only 1 nil down was doing very well.

Starting the 2nd half with 11 did help a bit but being honest Ringmahon looked the stronger side,and they did have 3 subs so tired legs wasnt as much a problem obviously. As iv said in fairness Rockmount kept pluggin away but the 3/0 could of been a lot worse had Ringmahon took there chances , maybe the Sunday morning kick off didnt help but I hope things improve for ye. Not a bother with that my friend. Just asking what you thought of the second goal. Regardless of the way any game is going, possession or scoreline, for a ref doing a Premier Junior League game to get that call wrong is totally off the wall. Of course it didnt change the course of the game but for him not to spot the infringement (10 yrds at a guess) is a serious black mark against him. I know you have connections to him going back to the Grattan days but call a spade a spade it was bordering on ridicoulas. Never the less, on we go. (whisper) why dont sensible people call it as it is....

littleman
07/10/2013, 2:23 PM
Glenbuck theres an awful lot of football left and I like ta keep all the refs on me good side so lets just say it was a bad day at the office for the Whitechurch boys :D , the great thing about football is it gives you another chance next week so I hope it improves for ye.

littleman
07/10/2013, 2:28 PM
Wednesday 9th October

Keane Cup Q-Final

Crofton Celtic v Midleton CIT 7.30 (P. Murphy)

Thursday 10th October

Beamish Stout Junior League 1

CIT v Leeside CIT 7.30 (M. O’Flynn)

Friday 11th October
(7.30pm Kick-Off Unless Stated)

Beamish Stout Floodlit League

Leeds v Douglas Hall The Mardyke 7pm (P. McAuliffe)
Casement v Everton The Mardyke 8pm (R. Murphy)
Mayfield Utd v Ringmahon Rgs The Mardyke 9pm (R. Murphy)

Keane Cup Q-Final

Blarney Utd v Ballincollig O’Shea Park (D. Deady)

Beamish Stout Senior 2nd Division

Youghal Utd v Ballinhassig Adrath Park 7.45 (D. Cronin)

FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round

Douglas Hall v Wilton Utd Moneygourney
(K. O’Keefe)
Midleton v Killumney Knockgriffin
(M. O'Flynn)
Leeview Utd v Youghal Utd Mayfield Sports Complex (AUL)

Beamish Stout Junior Premier Division

Rockmount v UCC A Rockmount Park
(J. Thompson)
Carrigaline Utd A v Ringmahon Rgs B Ballea Park 8pm (M. O’Connell)

Saturday 12th October
(3pm KO Unless Stated)

Keane Cup Q-Final

College Corinthians v Avondale Utd Corinthians Park (P. Murphy)

Munster Senior Cup 1st Round

Carrigaline Utd v CIT Ballea Park 7pm
(R. Murphy)

Munster Senior Cup 2nd Round

Mallow Utd v Leeside Town Park (D. Keeler)

Beamish Stout Senior Premier Division

UCC v Rockmount The Farm
(K. Callanan, J. Thompson, M. Moynihan)
Leeds v St Marys Leeds Park
(M. Barry, R. Murphy, D. Cronin)

Beamish Stout Senior 1st Division

Mayfield Utd v Fermoy Mayfield Park (A. Kelly)

Beamish Stout Senior 2nd Division

Casement Celtic v Kinsale Casement Park
(D. Deady)
Crosshaven v Temple Utd Camden
(T. Thompson)

FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round

Glasheen v Fairview Glasheen Park 2pm (L. Murphy)
Douglas Hall Ath v Macroom Moneygourney 7.45 (M. O’Flynn)
Everton v Douglas Hall (AUL) Everton Park (J. Walsh)
Glen Celtic B v College Cors Glen Park (AUL)
Grattan Utd v College Cors Ath O’Neill Park (AUL)

Fermoy v Riverstown/Blodge Carrig Park (J. Walsh)

Beamish Stout Junior League 1A

UCC Acdaemials v Blarney Utd The Farm (M. O’Connell)

Sunday 13rd October
(10.45am KO)

FAI Intermediate Cup 1st Round

Douglas Hall v Glasheen Moneygourney
(M. Barry)

Keane Cup Q-Final

Everton v Bandon Everton Park (D. Deady)

Beamish Stout Senior 1st Division

Tramore Ath v Castleview Tramore Park (G. Kelly)

FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round

Cobh Wanderers v Waterloo B Oldchurch Park
(T. Thompson)
Mallow Utd v Fox & Hounds Town Park (K. O'Keefe)
Watergrasshill v Mayfield Utd Skehanagh (AUL)
Bweeng v Ringmahon Rgs Bweeng (AUL)
Dillons Cross v Temple Utd Silverheights Park (AUL)
Coachford v Everton Utd The Glebe (AUL)

Avondale Utd v Leeside Avondale Park (P. McAuliffe)
Ballincollig v CIT Landing Field (P. Hayes)
St Marys v Carrigaline Utd B St Marys Park (S. Gallagher)

Beamish Stout Junior League 1A

Bandon v Passage Town Park (T. McCarthy)

littleman
11/10/2013, 9:15 PM
FAI JUNIOR CUP RESULTS (FRIDAY NIGHT)

Midleton 0-4 Killumney United,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any report on this one,expected this to be closer.

Mighty almighty
11/10/2013, 9:35 PM
FAI JUNIOR CUP RESULTS (FRIDAY NIGHT)

Midleton 0-4 Killumney United,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,any report on this one,expected this to be closer.

Watched this one and to he honest Midleton never performed at all,centre foward was only bright spark for Midleton,but killumney are a top side very impressed with them,one of the better junior teams I've seen in a while,big physical and can pass d ball,but Midleton never came to life and will wonder how this game by passed them,they tried but got no momentum together.killumney deserved it and by the margin too.

littleman
11/10/2013, 10:47 PM
Killumney are one of the best junior sides in Cork,never mind the Aul . I thought Midleton would have to play really well to get a result,and as ya said it didnt happen so no great surprise the scoreline . It was a tough draw,Everton could find it equally hard away to Coacford . Corinthians have a tricky one away to Glen B,tough place for a side to go looking for an away win. Ringmahon whave a tricky one away to Bweeng as well . Sunday mornins always throw up a few strange ones so expect the unexpected.Might go watch the GlenB/Cornthians game tomorrow for a look see.

Liathroidi
12/10/2013, 7:45 PM
best of luck to college coritains in the next round of th fai junior cup a good solid team . thanks for a good game today lads . penalties a lottery and ye took it well done

littleman
17/10/2013, 1:28 PM
F.A.I. JUNIOR CUP 3rd ROUND DRAW
Pearse Celtic “B / Rockmount v Dunbar Celtic
Douglas Hall “B” v Killumney United.
Carrigtwohill Utd. / Pearse Celtic “A” v College Cors. “A”.
Glenthorn Celtic v Blackstone Rovers.
Wilton United v Blarney St.Ath.
Springfield FC v Grattan United.
Dillons Cross Ath.v Richmond “A”.
Mayfield United v Fox & Hounds.
U.C.C. United v Ringmahon Rangers.
Innishvilla FC v Fairview FC.
Greenwood FC v Waterloo FC.
Glen Celtic “A” v Douglas Hall FC. (A.U.L.).
Leeview Athletic v Coachford FC
Fermoy FC./ Kilreen Celtic v Cobh Wanderers.

games to be played the 1st weekend in November:D

Kearney
17/10/2013, 2:15 PM
F.A.I. JUNIOR CUP 3rd ROUND DRAW
Pearse Celtic “B / Rockmount v Dunbar Celtic
Douglas Hall “B” v Killumney United.
Carrigtwohill Utd. / Pearse Celtic “A” v College Cors. “A”.
Glenthorn Celtic v Blackstone Rovers.
Wilton United v Blarney St.Ath.
Springfield FC v Grattan United.
Dillons Cross Ath.v Richmond “A”.
Mayfield United v Fox & Hounds.
U.C.C. United v Ringmahon Rangers.
Innishvilla FC v Fairview FC.
Greenwood FC v Waterloo FC.
Glen Celtic “A” v Douglas Hall FC. (A.U.L.).
Leeview Athletic v Coachford FC
Fermoy FC./ Kilreen Celtic v Cobh Wanderers.

games to be played the 1st weekend in November:D

Are Douglas Hall b not Munster junior league as well?

littleman
17/10/2013, 11:25 PM
Douglas Hall A are the MSL Junior Premier champs

Douglas Hall B are the MSL junior 1st division team.

Douglas hall Athletic are the Aul Premier A side.

That straightforward enough

Kearney
18/10/2013, 7:21 AM
Douglas Hall A are the MSL Junior Premier champs

Douglas Hall B are the MSL junior 1st division team.

Douglas hall Athletic are the Aul Premier A side.

That straightforward enough

Yes that's very straightforward but you highlighted all MSL junior sides so when they weren't highlighted I had my doubts. That is all.

littleman
18/10/2013, 8:22 AM
My bad Donnie, I didnt spot that. Thanks . Douglas probably got the worst draw of the lot in Killumney . Cors will have it tough too . Be a few close games in this round an no doubt a few surprises as well .

littleman
18/10/2013, 11:34 AM
Sittin on the fence on this one :o

littleman
18/10/2013, 1:01 PM
Ya they would have to be . The Aul has 8 or 9 divisions with over a hundred sides compared to the Msl's 3 divisions an 30 odd teams . Pure weight of numbers allows the Aul manager a bigger chance to get the better players or if not then a better chance at finding a replacement .

In the Msl if the best players are not selected for what ever reason then the their manager has a far harder job to do with a smaller pot of players . Also the Aul have the weight of expectation on them , the majority of people in the Aul would rightly or wrongly deem the Msl junior a lesser league .

The Aul have to go for the win as I wouldnt fancy havin to play Kerry in the final game looking for a win . The Msl could draw and still have an outside chance of progressing if they finsih well against the Defence Forces . So I think the Aul will want to get a result on Wednesday week , but the Msl if up for it are well capeable of upsetting he odds .

littleman
19/10/2013, 9:12 PM
Mayfield 0 Corithians 3
MJC 1st round

No complaints, easy to underestimate a side, I was guilty of that tonite. My fault totally.

littleman
20/10/2013, 10:13 AM
Keeping things in context red, they have played a vastly different hall side an mallow I think, 2 games do not a league winning team make, we lost, my fault. I'll learn from it an it didn't cost me 3 points.

Sparks
21/10/2013, 9:18 PM
If the hall are that poor this year who do people predict will take the junior prem? Mayfield?Ringmahon??

littleman
24/10/2013, 10:50 PM
Goin ta be a quite weekend lads if ya ain't down ta play on an astro an even if ya are it ain't a guarantee the game will go ahead with this gale as we'll,,,,, total disaster. Anyone comin up ta our place Saturday evening, bring a hat an scarf lads,,,,,,,,, am maybe a life jacket :)

littleman
25/10/2013, 10:11 AM
I felt confident last week too an look what happened ,,,,won't get caught out a 2nd time .

Just wanted to offer my apologies to Corinthians as we'll for not wishing them the best last week after the game. My bad totally. I stayed down on the all weather for the warm down an a chat With the players an by the time I was back up they were nearly gone. Best of luck to Corinthians in the next round. Good lads all round.

Iv no problem with the result as goals win games an they were ruthless from our mistakes an we were not from there's . They are we'll run, organised an play in a way that will upset most sides .

There very direct an they will win a lot of games in our league by doing so . We have played Ringmahon, Everton, and Midleton from this division in the league and although all different the common trait they shared was they were all good sides but Corinthians from what I saw could get results from them all .

Be a tuff battle this season I'd say for the league title.

littleman
26/10/2013, 9:30 PM
Mayfield 4 Mallow 1

By Christ we had to work for this, Mallow were full of beans an made it bleedin hard . 1/1 with 25 left an we could of been behind in fairness to Mallow but we rode our luck . Credit to the lads the attitude in the 2nd half was spot on 1 to 16, we arnt a starting 11 side , strenght in depth made the difference. :)

littleman
28/10/2013, 8:27 PM
Sorry now but this thread had gone to pot,,,,,,,,, it's down to me an a fella from Castleview ( Red ur opinion is very valued by the way big time :) postin,

Christ what's gone wrong. The MSL are playin in the old foe Wednesday an iv a sneaky feelin it might go all Pete Tong for the Aul. Maybe me but I just think an upset is on the cards. A lot of great talent within the Msl ranks if the proper lads are selected an hopefully out in the cross they will get to be seen, hopefully

Any thought lads or should we just stay at home an expect a hammering ,,,,,,,, I'm goin anyway to support irrellavant of ur answer

Sparks
29/10/2013, 7:42 AM
Draw for the semis of the league cup

Q-Finals:

1. Ringmahon Rgs B v Douglas Hall
2. Wilton Utd / Everton Utd v Mayfield Utd
3. College Cors v Carrigaline Utd B
4. Ringmahon Rgs A 5 v Douglas Hall Ath 3

Semi-Finals:

3 v 1
Ringmahon Rgs A v 2

Could be Ringmahon A V B in the final

old-head
29/10/2013, 8:05 AM
Sorry now but this thread had gone to pot,,,,,,,,, it's down to me an a fella from Castleview ( Red ur opinion is very valued by the way big time :) postin,

Christ what's gone wrong. The MSL are playin in the old foe Wednesday an iv a sneaky feelin it might go all Pete Tong for the Aul. Maybe me but I just think an upset is on the cards. A lot of great talent within the Msl ranks if the proper lads are selected an hopefully out in the cross they will get to be seen, hopefully

Any thought lads or should we just stay at home an expect a hammering ,,,,,,,, I'm goin anyway to support irrellavant of ur answer
What time is kick off?

littleman
29/10/2013, 9:14 AM
7:30 in the Cross Wednesday night

Eric
30/10/2013, 9:58 AM
Weather this way is terrible. Is tonight's game at the Cross likely to be affected? Much rain up that way?

Sparks
30/10/2013, 12:26 PM
Weather this way is terrible. Is tonight's game at the Cross likely to be affected? Much rain up that way?

Pitch inspection at 3

littleman
30/10/2013, 12:31 PM
Littlemans weather report

Bad enough this morning, nice enough now,,,, a few showers expected if the MSL can ride out a 1st half deluge I fancy an upset

littleman
30/10/2013, 5:08 PM
Best of luck to Tommy an all the lads tonite out the Cross

littleman
30/10/2013, 9:06 PM
AUL 5( missed 3 penos) MSL 2

I'll leave off my match report till tomorrow so I'm in a better frame of mind, I honestly wouldn't know where to start tonite

killer"B"
30/10/2013, 9:10 PM

I'll leave off my match report till tomorrow so I'm in a better frame of mind, I honestly wouldn't know where to start tonite
littleman poor man did ok (ish) in the 2nd half my god it that a full strenght MJL TEAM !

moonman
30/10/2013, 9:36 PM
totally out classed man for man ,the keeper is the only 1 that can actually hold his head up high but you cannot solely blame the players because after getting an early scare after about 2 mins with the AUL running at them with pace and fluency and then getting away with the peno miss , Tommy and Co decided to continue with 3 at the back and the AUL just carved them open time and time again with some serious passing both short and long !!! how he didn't change this is beyond be-leave and at least if your going to go with this formation the players should at least know what they have to do with regards when the opposition has the ball etc

Superkeeper
30/10/2013, 9:56 PM
Biggest problem with this competition is that the Msl don't care about it and put very little effort into it, by that I mean the league itself and not players. Very little training sessions or proper perpetration go into it, to be honest I think the league see this competition as a hindrance to them, players usually find this squad harder to get off than on ! Major re think is needed from top to bottom.

littleman
30/10/2013, 10:53 PM
Ur right Moonman an ur also right Superkeeper but I just want to keep this in context.

Iv been apart of an AUL team that actually won the Oscar Traynor Trophy so I think I'm qualified in saying that if it is taken seriously by all that winning it is acheiveable but if not well tonite happens .

One team looked tonite as if they had put time an effort into gelling as a team, working in set peices, learning about the opposition, an one looked as if they met at 6:15 for the first time.

Roy Keane famously said an I quote " fail to prepare, prepare to fail ",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,, an never was that more evident than tonite.

Sparks
31/10/2013, 6:52 AM
One team looked tonite as if they had put time an effort into gelling as a team, working in set peices, learning about the opposition, an one looked as if they met at 6:15 for the first time.

The AUL met at 6:15. I passed Turners Cross going too Douglas at 6:40 too see 2 MSL players strolling towards the cross with gear bags and Tommy's car parked in the bus stop only been unloaded at this stage.

Southsider
31/10/2013, 8:47 PM

I think the big difference is systems on how players are picked is the problem. I mean Donal goes to games to scout players for months on end and MSL committee ring up a club and say can you send down a few lads who might be interested. I mean come off it's not a game of ball amongst friends this is a fairly prestigious competition to win. Maybe the MSL know they won't win it but if this system doesn't change save us the bother and not enter at all.

littleman
31/10/2013, 11:21 PM
Billy Lyons just about hit the nail on the head tonite in his write up if anyone wants a match report,if anything he was a little kind.

Iv a game this weekend in the Fai and Im just happy my players came through last nights debacle with out injuring anything other than their pride .

Why even enter !

Bodie
01/11/2013, 7:39 AM
Was at the game it was like a pro team vs a pub team. Old school guys on here may not agree but the AUL guys had a decent kid all wore the same gear, the MSL team had a mix of about 10 kits, small detail but just a little example of effort thats put in from both leagues. Fail to prepare...

Although AUL were very well organised etc its not the best AUL team you will ever see but Tommy made it very easy for them. Fair enough the league dont support the team either but all people in the stand around me were asking was, what system was Tommy playing. They did train together a number of times but by looks of it team wasnt picked based on who trained and most fellas on the pitch hadnt a clue what they were doing. Surely play a simple 4 4 2 a system every player knows how to play regardless. Think he had some sort of 3 - 3 -1 -3. Anyway l am not on here to slate the management i think its obvious the MSL dont offer any support and the teams in the league nominate the players, the manager of this team needs to know the league and allowed pick the best players. Tommy has proven he is up to it, he is a v good manager backed up by all his recent success with Douglas Hall but is he supposed to put his whole weekend into watchin guys in the league when his superiors in the league dont offer any support?

Will be interesting to see what happens in the next game....

Glenbuck
01/11/2013, 12:28 PM
Note for next year. Give the job to someone who isnt involved in a club team. This will ensure he has no excuse for not going to watch players.