PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie team?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

John83
19/07/2007, 3:25 PM
Are we forming a proper team for a league? Or is it just a one-off thing?
It would make my day if someone applied to enter a foot.ie team into the A league next year. :D

aido_b
19/07/2007, 6:12 PM
Lads im willing to help out organising the team but won't be able to lead our crusade to league domination, just too busy ... anybody willing to step up and give organising this team a go?!

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 6:34 PM
I'd be semi interested. Only know 2 or 3 people on here in real life though so that might hinder things a bit. One of the more popular lads might give it a shot :D

superfrank
19/07/2007, 7:37 PM
Are we entering into a proper league???

sligoman
19/07/2007, 11:10 PM
Green Tribe and Babysis live in Galway now so they've no excuse not to manage the team again:D.

DmanDmythDledge
19/07/2007, 11:13 PM
I'd say it would be best for someone that has been on the team before to organise it.

aido_b
19/07/2007, 11:18 PM
Right well the only way that I can see this working is for a load of us to have a game some day next week or the following week if people are around, just a simple 7 a side or something like that, Phoenix Park suit people ok?!

DmanDmythDledge
19/07/2007, 11:22 PM
Phoenix Park suit people ok?!
Not really but majority rules.

sligoman
19/07/2007, 11:29 PM
Not really but majority rules.I suggest Longford so, any takers?:D Meet around the middle like

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 11:39 PM
Yeh suits me fine, the phoneix Park that is. Not longford :D

sligoman
19/07/2007, 11:42 PM
Yeh suits me fine, the phoneix Park that is. Not longford :DAh come on, a trip to the countryside would be good for ye. Bit of unpolluted air and all that:D. Plus, if Longford go belly-up, we can take over Flancare as our home ground. Forward planning lads;).

LeixlipRed
19/07/2007, 11:44 PM
Leixlip is in the country. Well it was when I was born. that still counts right??? :D

Anto McC
20/07/2007, 6:27 AM
There isn't enough interest to have a full team to enter into a league. Which is a bit sad because the amount of people who think they can talk a good game on this site is about 90% of the members.

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 11:35 AM
I'd be interested in playing for a team that was entered into a league. I'm sure you could get 15 players together that would be able to get to Dublin on matchdays

superfrank
20/07/2007, 1:44 PM
I'd be interested in joining a proper team going ito a league but there doesn't seem to be anyone with any info on joining a league and stuff.

dfx-
20/07/2007, 1:51 PM
Right then time for a list for a one-off game..

Those who have expressed "an interest":

AntoMcC +1
LeixlipRed
DmanDmythDledge
superfrank
the seagull
dfx-
passinginterest
feo123
sligonproud
sligoman
aido b
Bluebeard

Now obviously there will be last minute omissions from that through travel/work/having to wash their hair, but for an initial run..

Bluebeard
20/07/2007, 2:04 PM

AntoMcC +1
LeixlipRed
DmanDmythDledge
superfrank
the seagull
dfx-
passinginterest
feo123
sligonproud
sligoman
aido b
Bluebeard

Now obviously there will be last minute omissions from that through travel/work/having to wash their hair, but for an initial run..

Are they three deliberate pokes at me!;)

Would definitely be up for a one-off some weekend if I can manage it, but let me know, as I have to make major travel plans to get back for a match these days. The one plus on that side is you'll know if I can't make it about a fortnight in advance. The downer is I will whine like there is no tomorrow if I turn up and no-one else does.

forza
20/07/2007, 3:04 PM

AntoMcC +1
LeixlipRed
DmanDmythDledge
superfrank
the seagull
dfx-
passinginterest
feo123
sligonproud
sligoman
aido b
Bluebeard

after september im available i have to work weekends at the minute busy season and all. :(

superfrank
20/07/2007, 9:11 PM
Well I didn't get the job I wanted so I'll have more time on my hands for the next while. I'll organise a primary training session in the Dublin area, if anyone's interested. I was thinking a Sunday sometime soon. I'll attempt to organise something for the Sligo gang through an assistant. Any interest PM me.

I'll get around to organising something and I'll PM all in dfx-'s list and anyone else that's PM'd me.

Mods - Can this be stickied?

kdjaC
20/07/2007, 9:24 PM
http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53584407&postcount=29

Your best player defects :D

Follow the boards.ie way of things it worked very well, i could get foot.ie a kit if needed sponsored by www.filestores.com

kdjac

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 9:28 PM
We don't need him. He's a poor man's Peter Crouch :D

superfrank
20/07/2007, 9:28 PM
Don't worry I'll take over the playmaker role.

holidaysong
20/07/2007, 9:31 PM
I could play a game on a weekend from October on. Working weekends for the summer until then.

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 9:35 PM
To get a team going to enter in a league you'd realistically need 20 to 22 players. Anyone think it migt be word duplicating this thread in every forum on here? There are a lot of people who post on here that might not have noticed it hidden in here

superfrank
20/07/2007, 9:36 PM
One in the junior forum would be a smart idea actually. I'll get on it now.

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 9:41 PM
I'd be interested in joining a proper team going ito a league but there doesn't seem to be anyone with any info on joining a league and stuff.
This (http://www.astro.ie/LeagueTable.asp?CompetitionAssociationID=1&CompetitionLocationID=1&CompetitionID=1257&DivisionDetailsID=1http://) is the league the boards.ie team is playing in. The matches are played in Rathfarnham on a Sunday. Cost for a season works out at a bit more than €100 per person. New season starts in September AFAIK.

To get a team going to enter in a league you'd realistically need 20 to 22 players. Anyone think it migt be word duplicating this thread in every forum on here? There are a lot of people who post on here that might not have noticed it hidden in here
I'd say we'd get by with 17/18.

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 9:47 PM
That link doesn;t work for me. those astro.ie leagues allow you to play anyone you want on your team as long as someone's not playing for two teams don't they? ie you don't have to register a list of players

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 9:49 PM
That link doesn;t work for me. those astro.ie leagues allow you to play anyone you want on your team as long as someone's not playing for two teams don't they? ie you don't have to register a list of players
www.astro.ie (http://www.astro.ie)- there's actually a good few venues around Dublin but I insist on Rathfarnham.:p I think you're right about the squad thing but there'd be a limit on matchday squad.

sligoman
20/07/2007, 9:50 PM
Did any of ye actually check out the criteria for entering the A league? I mean, is their not certain standards you need to meet first? ie. good ground, financial aspect etc.

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 9:51 PM
Not having to register players would be perfect. ie, if you're stuck your Dad can play :D I think all the astro.ie venues are on the southside anyway

superfrank
20/07/2007, 9:51 PM
Did any of ye actually check out the criteria for entering the A league? I mean, is their not certain standards you need to meet first? ie. good ground, financial aspect etc.
I think the A League is fair few years off. Let's try and get this together first.

PS Have you checked your Bebo lately?

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 9:52 PM

We're not actually going to enter the A league

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 9:56 PM
I think all the astro.ie venues are on the southside anyway
...that would be correct...

About the training I suggest Bushy Park or Marlay Park for a southside venue. Phoenix Park seems to be the best option for Northside. Can we get straw poll going- North or South? I'm going with south.

sligoman
20/07/2007, 9:56 PM
I think the A League is fair few years off. Let's try and get this together first.Ah right, my mistake.

PS Have you checked your Bebo lately?Yes, have you checked yours?;)

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 10:00 PM
I'll go northside. I remember those long trips to Bushy and Marlay Parks playing underage football too vivdly :p

holidaysong
20/07/2007, 10:00 PM
Northside!

EDIT - Only noticed this thread now so sticking it in other forums might not be a bad idea!

superfrank
20/07/2007, 10:03 PM
How about a southside base AND a northside base. We're already going to have a Sligo split as it is.

sligoman
20/07/2007, 10:03 PM
How about Northwestside?;)

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 10:06 PM
How about a southside base AND a northside base. We're already going to have a Sligo split as it is.
Would that not be too messy? Spliting up the squad would mean the whole team wouldn't be training together and could end up with not enough for decent training sessions.

How about Northwestside?;)
How's Ballymun?;)

superfrank
20/07/2007, 10:10 PM
I guess it would be messy actually.

So we'll have a Dublin get together soon. Nothing too heavy. I suggest the southside somewhere. Marlay Park's a bit out of the way for me. Where's Bushy Park?

EDIT - dahamsta's putting up a Global Announcement so there'll be an ad in every forum.

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 10:11 PM
Where's Bushy Park?
Terenure so even worse for you.

I presume you're out in Bray? Where would be a good location a bit closer that direction (not People's Park:D)?

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 10:14 PM
Anywhere near a train is handiest for me. Bushy or Marlay are disasters fro me to get to

superfrank
20/07/2007, 10:14 PM
Terenure so even worse for you.

I presume you're out in Bray? Where would be a good location a bit closer that direction (not People's Park:D)?
Well there's the astro turf place in Loughlinstown but that's probably out of the way for a lot of others. If someone can think of a good place in the low D's or south Dublin let us know.

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 10:24 PM
Don't know the southside very well to be honest so can't be of much help

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 10:29 PM
If someone can think of a good place in the low D's or south Dublin let us know.
We could use the astro in UCD but it would cost us (http://www.ucd.ie/sport/facilities_astroprestige2.htm). I know plenty of people in the college I we would be able to get the cheaper rate, only would work out at less than a fiver each. Pitches there are class too.

superfrank
20/07/2007, 10:31 PM
Well that's our best offer yet.

When are people free for a meet up?

DmanDmythDledge
20/07/2007, 10:32 PM
When are people free for a meet up?
I'm free this Sunday or next Thursday evening or Sunday. I'm a bit busy next week but from Sunday week on I'm free almost any time.

superfrank
20/07/2007, 10:35 PM
Ok I'm free this Sunday too. Anybody else?

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 10:53 PM
This weekend is too soon. Next weekend?

LeixlipRed
20/07/2007, 10:54 PM
I'm working this Sunday til 5 so that kinda rules me out