PDA

View Full Version : Transfers Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Roverstillidie
12/01/2006, 6:11 PM
**** one, Hoop.

But what's he really like?:D

hahaha you will find out soon enough.

to put it mildly, he is an overweight, talentless, clueless, slow, lazy hack. and im being nice. worst rovers regular i have seen in at least 10 years, and we have had some garbage.

is good in the air to be fair.

how did you end up stung with that pudding? :D one less mouth to feed at Rovers i suppose.

Breifne
12/01/2006, 11:05 PM
'Willo' McDonagh signed for the Glens today on 2 1/2 year deal.

Any good?

Can't really comment didn't see much of him, but was a part of the worst Rovers side in history. We were talking to him but he wanted something like €800 a week, definitely not worth that.

Passive
14/01/2006, 11:43 AM
Any Waterford fans hear the Willie Doyle to Rovers rumour?

Poor Student
14/01/2006, 1:03 PM
Any Waterford fans hear the Willie Doyle to Rovers rumour?

What do Waterford have to do with it?

Passive
14/01/2006, 1:23 PM
What do Waterford have to do with it?

Touche. Forgot he left them mid-way through last season.

RockofGibraltar
14/01/2006, 2:11 PM
We're supposedly signing one or two polish players, Alan Matthews was over in Poland recently on a scouting mission and he has supposedly found a few gems

De Town
14/01/2006, 6:18 PM
Why do you say that? The area they've most been weakened is central defence and they've signed two central defenders in Murphy and Doherty. They just need to replace Digger. Granted their last year's team wasn't great but they should be able to steer clear of danger.
I wish I was as confident as you :o

Could be a long season for us IMO.

sligoman
15/01/2006, 12:51 AM
I wish I was as confident as you :o

Could be a long season for us IMO.Surely Longford have potential targets ready to improve the squad though? Are ye up to much in the transfer market so far?

De Town
15/01/2006, 11:15 AM
Surely Longford have potential targets ready to improve the squad though? Are ye up to much in the transfer market so far?
Re-signed Alan Murphy which is great news andKevin Doherty which I'm unsure about.

Theres apparently at least another 2 signings on the way (one of them possibly Shay Kelly from Bohs) and Matthews was apparently over in Poland looking at players and picked up 1 or 2 over there.

Mental Man
15/01/2006, 2:11 PM
We can just confirm down here that our former captain Davy Mulcahy has just signed for St.Pats, huge loss to us, and also that Fat Dolan is trying his best to destroy another club (The Blues) by telling players not to sign contracts and he's told them he will be taking over at Limerick.
The sooner the better this person is put down, the better for League of Ireland.:mad:

Speranza
15/01/2006, 6:05 PM
Off topic but...If this is true then it is becoming a pattern. Dolan achieves demi-God status while in charge of a club then becomes a hate figure when he leaves. I hate the man, he is a two-faced git who seems to have a love for every team in the country when he is simply looking to the future and possible employers.

TonyD
16/01/2006, 8:54 PM
We can just confirm down here that our former captain Davy Mulcahy has just signed for St.Pats, huge loss to us

Am I right in thinking he's a centre half ? I take it you rate him highly.

Magicme
17/01/2006, 3:04 PM
Monaghan United have made some more new signings. We have signed Shane Harte from Kildare and also old local favourite Paul Smyth. Robbie Horgan has re-signed as has our Under 19 International Stephen Finnegan.

dublinwanderer
17/01/2006, 3:10 PM
Monaghan United have made some more new signings. We have signed Shane Harte from Kildare and also old local favourite Paul Smyth. Robbie Horgan has re-signed as has our Under 19 International Stephen Finnegan.

shane harte from kildare? did he not leave kildare ages ago? Just out of curiosity what position does he play? :confused:

Magicme
17/01/2006, 3:20 PM
He is a midfielder and from what I can see he was at Kildare last season!

sligoman
17/01/2006, 6:29 PM
Sean Connor is 95% certain that his number one target will sign. The player in question is still under contract with his current club so he wont name him but he did say that he was on the bench for his team(an English league 1 side) last Saturday. His contract is up at the end of this month so he's expected to join us then.

Connor also said that he'll be keeping an eye on how Keith Gilroy gets on with Burton(after all the hype with the Man U game ends) and said that he'd love him to play for him.

Rumours were that we were interested in former player Declan Boyle(released by Harps last week) but Sean dismissed them saying that he's a good player but he wants to keep to a young enough squad. Our oldest player is only 26:eek:.

daveh
18/01/2006, 10:31 AM
Not sure if this was posted yet but i havent seen it on the list of transfers

Dave Breen has signed for Cobh from Waterford

http://eleven-a-side.com/first/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=20715

Roo69
18/01/2006, 11:01 AM
Sean Connor is 95% certain that his number one target will sign. The player in question is still under contract with his current club so he wont name him but he did say that he was on the bench for his team(an English league 1 side) last Saturday. His contract is up at the end of this month so he's expected to join us then.

Connor also said that he'll be keeping an eye on how Keith Gilroy gets on with Burton(after all the hype with the Man U game ends) and said that he'd love him to play for him.

Rumours were that we were interested in former player Declan Boyle(released by Harps last week) but Sean dismissed them saying that he's a good player but he wants to keep to a young enough squad. Our oldest player is only 26:eek:.

Thats good and bad ! good if he can keep the squad together and develop them over a few years, bad because lack of experience. How many Rovers players have Premier experience ?

Raheny Red
18/01/2006, 11:35 AM
He was released by Shels at the end of the season. Has anyone heard anything about him lately???

sligoman
19/01/2006, 10:00 AM
How many Rovers players have Premier experience ?Not many in the EL Premier Division but some have experience from other leagues, for example, Liam Burns has played for Bristol Rovers and Port Vale in England. In the actual Premier, O'Grady is probably our most experienced given that he played with Derry and Cork in the Premier. The likes of Cretaro and McTiernan don't have experience in the Premier, but I don't think playing there will affect them that much considering they have played against(and beaten some of) the big teams before, in cup games. A lot of our squad have being playing together for a number of seasons, despite being relatively young, so they know how to work with each other well:).

monzo
20/01/2006, 9:45 PM
Can anyone of St Pat's tell me anything on David Bell who's signed for us?

Red4Eva
21/01/2006, 1:00 AM
He was released by Shels at the end of the season. Has anyone heard anything about him lately???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/4627168.stm

TonyD
22/01/2006, 5:54 PM
Can anyone of St Pat's tell me anything on David Bell who's signed for us?

He's a left back we signed from Rushden & Diamonds the season before last. Think he actually comes from your neck of the woods. Former Irish under 20 international. Started off a bit dodgy but was actually beginning to improve last season before John Frost arrived and he lost his place in the team.

sligoman
24/01/2006, 8:31 PM
Rovers are holding a press conference next Friday, at which, they will be unveiling 6 new signings. Two of which are Keith Foy and Chris Turner but the others are unknown at the moment:eek: :).

Battery Rover
26/01/2006, 6:37 AM
We have signed Kevin Williamson from Dublin City. He has previously played for Galway and Bohs under 21s

wakenuppaddy
31/01/2006, 5:57 PM
Harps keeper James Gallagher has joined Glenavon and midfielder Barry Curran is on his way to finn park from Newry City.
Both to be confirmed though:ball:

harpskid
31/01/2006, 6:00 PM
Curran is now confirmed as a signing.

Heard Gallagher is going on-loan to Glenavon too aye. Aint had this confirmed though

sligoman
31/01/2006, 7:30 PM
Sligo Rovers have signed 3 new players(one of which was previously announced but now it's official). Keith Foy(Monaghan), Gavin Peers(Mansfield) and Adam Hughes(Doncaster). See here (http://www.sligorovers.com/news/news_reports/2006/20060127_new_players.htm).

While Carlos Alvarez has gone on loan to Glenavon.

harps1954
31/01/2006, 7:59 PM
Heard Gallagher is going on-loan to Glenavon too aye. Aint had this confirmed though

Gallagher won't be signing for Glenavon due to difficulties in the possibility in calling the player back, if he needed to be called back early. Something to do with bringing a player back outside of windows. This from a Harps Board member earlier this evening.

Mr_T
31/01/2006, 10:32 PM
And Barry Curran to Harps is confirmed.

TG

Passive
01/02/2006, 11:10 AM
Trevor Molloy's contract at Rovers has been terminated by mutual consent. He has re-joined St. Pat's.

hoopy
01/02/2006, 6:20 PM
Good luck to him, no animosity on either side. His departure will pay for three other players wages now

Risteard
04/02/2006, 3:53 PM
Todays Star speculates on City and Drogs being in the hunt for Zayed.
Yes please.

Martinho II
05/02/2006, 6:16 PM
looks like paul keegan is signing for pats next week! cos of him being based in scotland it wont suit keegan to stay with us! he will much missed a good siging for pats!

Roo69
06/02/2006, 12:05 PM
Todays Star speculates on City and Drogs being in the hunt for Zayed.
Yes please.

Do Cork or Drogs really have €100,000+ to spend on 1 player ?

Dr.Nightdub
06/02/2006, 7:22 PM
looks like paul keegan is signing for pats next week! cos of him being based in scotland it wont suit keegan to stay with us! he will much missed a good siging for pats!

Confirmed. Keith Dunne has left us, moving to the States with his family.

Risteard
06/02/2006, 11:29 PM
Do Cork or Drogs really have €100,000+ to spend on 1 player ?
No.

The same article the other day said Bray wanted 50k which would have been ridiculous value of course.
But another article today said Devlin didn't want to consider thinking about it.
:confused:
Am i right in saying this is his last season under contract at Bray?
Might want to cash in so.

Sense would send him to the home of the Eircom League Champions but sense of the financial kind might lure him to the other side of Dubland.
Might get near enough to €100,000 off Drogs if Doolin convinces them he's the final piece of the jigsaw.

sidcon
14/02/2006, 3:05 PM
Finn Harps Have just taken our useless defender Sean Cooney on loan for the the season. Cooney joined bohemians on a free transfer after being released by Coventry in july 05

Mr A
14/02/2006, 3:45 PM
You think he's useless now, wait til he spends a year in the Harps school of tellytubby-style defending :p

joema
17/02/2006, 3:27 PM
Tadhg Purcell is a class act. He's definitly good enough for the premier. I wonder did we (kilkenny City) get any money for him??
He signed for us last year on a two year contract so we must have got something. Rovers made an initial bid of 1,800euro:mad: for him that was rejected and we apparently put a 10,000euro price on his head but then he refused to play for us and demanded a move to rovers:mad: so ye probobly got him for nothing:mad:

Update Jamie Duffy has also left us for Rovers aswell
Paul Donnely ex St Pats has signed for us
Robbie McGuiness ex Bray is currently on trial here
Husein Yassdani ex Shels has signed
Sean L'Estrange ex Shels has signed
Dont know any more - the other players are all probobly ex Leinster Senior Leaguers

Kildare Lad
19/02/2006, 11:23 AM
Kildare County have either signed or given these lads trialls anyone know anything about any of them?

Ian Brazil
Stephen McCrossan
Graham Gibbs
Gary Lawless
Barry Clancy
Barry Slattery
Dave O Mara

Maynard
19/02/2006, 5:32 PM
Steve McCrossan average player at best.

Dave O'Mara (Meara?) if it's the same guy (an U21 of ours, who I wouldn't like to see go) is a very promising young lad...so feck off:p

Kildare Lad
20/02/2006, 5:27 PM
Wh did McCrossan play for?
Is your man Dave O' Mara A right full back?

Blue Man
22/02/2006, 9:08 AM
Dave O Mara is down on a season long loan.very promising player.steven Mc Crossan was a central midfielder and former captain of the vikings under 21s

gustavo
22/02/2006, 1:59 PM
Rafael Cretaro
FROM Sligo Rovers
TO Galway United :mad: :mad: :mad:

Raheny Red
22/02/2006, 8:32 PM
From the Shels web (http://shelbournefc.ie/news.php?id=250)

James Chambers (Waterford United, loan) and David Tyrell (back to Bray, loan)

Slash/ED
22/02/2006, 10:12 PM
Very disappointed, though Kearneys signing was always going to push Tyrell out on loan he's a good player for the future, but for Chambers I thought he was good enough to make the break through this season. Eitherway both are good players for the future.

Raheny Red
23/02/2006, 10:41 PM
There is a Bulgarian player on trial at Shels at the moment (played in tonight's 4-0 win against Kilkenny) called Todor Kiselichkov. Anyone ever heard of this chap.......................................confuse d: :o :confused:

Sheridan
23/02/2006, 10:59 PM
There is a Bulgarian player on trial at Shels at the moment (played in tonight's 4-0 win against Kilkenny) called Todor Kiselichkov. Anyone ever heard of this chap
I haven't, but Google has. From what I can discern, he's a former captain and playmaker of Naftex (née Neftochimik) and a shade over thirty.

Raheny Red
23/02/2006, 11:06 PM
Cheers, I just saw on the Shels forum (supposedly posted by a Bulgarian chap) he has had a few games with the National team........

Click (http://forum.shelbournefc.ie/chat/viewtopic.php?t=5318&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30), the poster goes by the name Vicente......