PDA

View Full Version : Transfers Discussion Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

Cosmo
17/12/2005, 5:15 PM
Is Rogers a good signing? I thought he was getting a fair bit of stick at Drogheda? Or was that O'Dowd (or whoever the other lad was)?

Sure we give everybody stick at some point :)

Dont see much difference is rogers and connor (though towards the end of the seaosn i thought connor got better for us)

O Dowd was worse than sh!te for us :(

daveh
17/12/2005, 10:10 PM
Was talking to a Drogheda fan at our home league game when you know who f**ked it up and he absolutely hated connor,said gary rogers was one of the best keepers drogheda ever had and he was being wasted sitting on the bench

Tenderloins
19/12/2005, 2:31 PM
With Kearney and O'Flynn refusing new contracts at Cork and Greg O'Halloran gone to Shels, has there been any names mentioned as possible new signings?

harpskid
19/12/2005, 7:26 PM
Stu,

Can you change the Harps bit in your top of the page sticky - Shane Bradley hasn't been released from Harps.

No one here knows why he's on the PFAI list - he's been offered a new contract

Battery Rover
19/12/2005, 8:23 PM
He's absolutely awful.

Yes, he's a scumbag. He pushed a young ball boy to the ground in a rush to get the ball back from him in the Showgrounds a few years ago.:mad:

Thanks for the views.

Anyone got any negatives :p

Conor H
19/12/2005, 8:28 PM
Yes, he's a scumbag. He pushed a young ball boy to the ground in a rush to get the ball back from him in the Showgrounds a few years ago.:mad:
Did that happen to be you sligoman?:confused: :D

pineapple stu
19/12/2005, 9:09 PM
Stu,

Can you change the Harps bit in your top of the page sticky - Shane Bradley hasn't been released from Harps.

No one here knows why he's on the PFAI list - he's been offered a new contract
Ditto Pádraig Moran - available per the PFAI and signed on for next year according to the Athlone website. Very strange. Don't know what the PFAI are at.

pineapple stu
20/12/2005, 12:28 PM
According to the Star and the Rovers MB, Brian Shelley is agreeing terms with Drogheda while Mark Quigley is going to Pat's.

MariborKev
20/12/2005, 12:32 PM
Whilst not transfer news.....

Forde and Delaney have both agreed and signed new contracts with Derry.

monutdfc
20/12/2005, 2:33 PM
Having gone almost a whole week without signing a player, Dundalk have signed Trevor Vaughan for a second stint at the club according to their website.

Krstic
20/12/2005, 2:34 PM
On Radio Foyle at lunchtime that Sean Hargan has agreed a new 2 year deal also.

pineapple stu
20/12/2005, 2:41 PM
Having gone almost a whole week without signing a player, Dundalk have signed Trevor Vaughan for a second stint at the club according to their website.
Bloody hell! Their supporters are going to be driven mad on the opening day of the season! And people say UCD have a quick turnover?!

NY Hoop
20/12/2005, 5:32 PM
According to the Star and the Rovers MB, Brian Shelley is agreeing terms with Drogheda while Mark Quigley is going to Pat's.

Unfortunately Brian went last week. Thanks Brian.

KOH

Cosmo
20/12/2005, 5:43 PM
Unfortunately Brian went last week. Thanks Brian.

KOH

Have to be honest and say I don't know much about shelley apart from him being the dude that went to carlisle.

Whats the buzz with him NY - left back yeah? Read on your mb that he can play centre back too? - will find it hard to break into our starting 11 unless hes pretty good!!

pineapple stu
20/12/2005, 7:49 PM
Not trying to play the WUM (again! :)) Cosmo, but what to Drog fans make of Doolin's signings? I would have thought that if the club was getting bankrolled to the extent it appears to be, yez'd be looking for slightly bigger names than Keddy (32 and arguably past it, though fondly remembered from his time at Belfield), Shelley (relegated, albeit seemingly one of the best players on the team) and Fitzpatrick (slightly better than Rooney, but not much)? They wouldn't exactly inspire confidence that the team can bridge the 30-ish point to the top?

Also, is Sully (Pat) staying? We'll have him back if you want!

Liam Kearney looks like he's going to Heerenveen in Holland. Similar move to Byrne to Djurgarden - moving up to a team from a league beaten by Cork in the past 18 months. Be interesting to see how he gets on anyway.

Roverstillidie
20/12/2005, 9:40 PM
Have to be honest and say I don't know much about shelley apart from him being the dude that went to carlisle.

Whats the buzz with him NY - left back yeah? Read on your mb that he can play centre back too? - will find it hard to break into our starting 11 unless hes pretty good!!

played in the middle for us, steady, good distribution and consumate pro.

was honest with us and left for full time football only. miles ahead of gavin in every sense. good signing.

MariborKev
20/12/2005, 10:54 PM
Crowe in talks with Linfield

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/irish/4547612.stm

Vitruvian Man
20/12/2005, 11:41 PM

Forget that minnow, the footballing Colossus who is Sean Cooney is in talks with Nuneton Borough.

http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/0300football/tm_objectid=16505619&method=full&siteid=50003&headline=coon ey-set-for-boro--name_page.html

Slash/ED
21/12/2005, 12:36 AM

Can't see it unless Byrne doesn't go and he is concerned about his position in the team. He'll cost Linfield a bit to get.

Cosmo
21/12/2005, 8:37 AM
Not trying to play the WUM (again! :)) Cosmo, but what to Drog fans make of Doolin's signings? I would have thought that if the club was getting bankrolled to the extent it appears to be, yez'd be looking for slightly bigger names than Keddy (32 and arguably past it, though fondly remembered from his time at Belfield), Shelley (relegated, albeit seemingly one of the best players on the team) and Fitzpatrick (slightly better than Rooney, but not much)? They wouldn't exactly inspire confidence that the team can bridge the 30-ish point to the top?

Well I can only speak for myself but I'm quite happy so far, decent squad signings.

Wouldn't mind a decent keeper (Quigley maybe :) ) to challenge connor for the number 1 jersey.

Back 4 of maybe Lynch, Gray, Gartland, Webb (have sufficent cover and competition for places with Sullivan, Gavin, Shelly and Keddy).

Midfield, plenty of quality players to choose from – maybe Robbo on the right and take your pick from Whelan, Keegan, Bradley, Fahey and Sami for the 2 centre midfield spots. Hopefully we'll sign a left midfielder (as I reckon Keddy is more of a utility squad player – good squad signing but need someone else on the left imo - Killian Brennan would have been ideal :( )

Up front – Fabio and Fitzpatrick. Dont think Fitzpatrick will get us 15/20 goals but I reckon he was bought to help Fabio get 15/20 goals. Type of player Fabio needs up front with him – similar to myler and what a partnership that was!! So we'll wait and see what happens with that partnership! Cover in Van Leecho who is a special player and Sami!!

Still a couple of other players to be brought in I reckon and we're all expecting at least one big name signing. Reckon next seasons top positions will be dependant on the size and quality of teams squads with setanta cup, europe, etc so can't see why we shouldn't be realistically aiming for a top 2 finish!!

pineapple stu
21/12/2005, 8:40 AM
Wouldn't mind a decent keeper (Quigley maybe :) ) to challenge connor for the number 1 jersey.
We just loaned out our reserve keeper to your friends, so Quigley's going nowhere!

Tenderloins
21/12/2005, 8:49 AM
Reports in the Sun this morning that Rovers have signed
John McGuinness from Kilkenny, Sean Kelly from Monaghan and Robbie Shields from Kildare.
Are they any good?

Terry
21/12/2005, 9:12 AM
John McGuinness from Kilkenny, Sean Kelly from Monaghan and Robbie Shields from Kildare.
Are they any good?

Average first division players

Tenderloins
21/12/2005, 9:39 AM
If Peter Thompson leaves Linfield ,as expected, the they should have a good bit of money , more than enough to sign Crowe.
Glentoran and Linfield have started signing a number of players on Full Time contracts too.

Maynard
21/12/2005, 11:50 AM
Are they any good?

Shields is well thought of at Kildare (or was) as far as I can remember, he's rediculously fast and redonkulously short...hit the onion bag against us though...

The others are average 1st Division players, nothin special.

Maynard
21/12/2005, 11:52 AM
Meant to say he DIDN'T hit the onion bag against us :o Feckin' work...I miss college:(

Raheny Red
21/12/2005, 12:19 PM
Originally Posted by Maribor

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...sh/4547612.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/irish/4548254.stm

it would appear this is not true*

* From the Shels Web

pineapple stu
21/12/2005, 12:28 PM
Rovers have also signed Paul Connaughton from Kilkenny.

carrickharp
21/12/2005, 1:05 PM
Kevin McHugh leaving Harps:(

Terry
21/12/2005, 1:11 PM
Kevin McHugh leaving Harps:(

to go to...................

Raheny Red
21/12/2005, 1:12 PM
maybe Derry or Linfield???:confused: :confused: :confused:

carrickharp
21/12/2005, 1:17 PM
Hasen't made his mind up could be either side of the border, he just confirmed he will be leaving Harps.

dcfc_1928
21/12/2005, 1:17 PM
According to the Mirror, Tim McCann to leave Sligo Rovers to return to the Irish League - probably to Glenavon.

Blue Man
21/12/2005, 1:27 PM
is that rovers after signing both of kilkennys keepers?i remember playing against mc guinness in schoolboy football.if so is there any chance kilkenny will take me on loan for the season!!!!

Tenderloins
22/12/2005, 7:37 AM
Reports this morning that Rovers have Released Trevor Molloy.

Cosmo
22/12/2005, 7:44 AM
Reports this morning that Rovers have Released Trevor Molloy.

Wouldnt mind him with drogheda, doubt doolin will sign him though - any word on where hes likely to go?

Tenderloins
22/12/2005, 7:50 AM
I'm sure Trevor will have plenty of suitors. He had a year left on his contract, so there must be some interest in him or else he'd hardly have left Rovers. That said theres no word yet as to if Trevor left or was pushed.

Magicme
22/12/2005, 11:47 AM
Heard Johnny Lester has gone to Dublin City but cant see it anywhere official yet.

Rory H
22/12/2005, 11:51 AM
According to the Mirror, Tim McCann to leave Sligo Rovers to return to the Irish League - probably to Glenavon.

they never tell lies either:)

Strabane_Harp
22/12/2005, 12:35 PM
Tim McCann will be leaving Sligo, his work committments have changed and he needs a belfast club

although it looks like Cliftonville rather than Glenavon

dcfc_1928
22/12/2005, 1:12 PM
Ken Oman signs 2-year deal with Derry.

Also - Stephen Kenny extends contract to end of 2008 season.

Tenderloins
22/12/2005, 1:21 PM
Todays Sun had Glentoran (seem to be linked to a lot more EL players these days) and Pats as possible destinations for Molloy.

Raheny Red
22/12/2005, 2:11 PM
Originally posted by Tenderloins

Pats as possible destinations for Molloy.

Jaysus he likes to get around - the little slut!!

Partizan
22/12/2005, 2:15 PM
Waterford United
OUT:
Rodney Jack (unattached)
Sean Finn (Dundalk)
Paul Crowley (Dublin City)
John Lestor (Dublin City)

Others that will possibly go;
Davy Mulcahy (Cork City)
Kevin Doherty (Bohs or Dublin City)
Colm Heffernan (Sligo)

IN:
nobody

pineapple stu
22/12/2005, 4:01 PM
Apparently UCD have re-signed Alan Cawley on a free, two years after getting E24k for him. :D

Red4Eva
22/12/2005, 7:56 PM
Waterford United

Others that will possibly go;

Colm Heffernan (Sligo)

anything new to indicate this?? fingers crossed anyway

coislaoi
23/12/2005, 3:44 PM
Rumours abound that O'Flynn has reversed his decision and will be remaining with the club (2-year contract). Yet to be confirmed.

HarpoJoyce
23/12/2005, 4:06 PM
Colin P. moves to Cobh
http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/1223/cobh.html

Red4Eva
23/12/2005, 9:00 PM
Rumours abound that O'Flynn has reversed his decision and will be remaining with the club (2-year contract). Yet to be confirmed.

i always thought that he could come crawling back

dancinpants
24/12/2005, 3:15 AM

Aaah, so he'll be the dogs boll!x again all of a sudden? :rolleyes: