PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

oldspice
14/04/2005, 12:13 PM
The crucial game really is the meeting of Olympic and Bridge out in O'Briens Bridge next Tuesday night. Whoever wins that game will be in a great position to win the league. I dont think 35 points will be enough to win the league but probably enough for 2nd or 3rd.

I agree that if either Olympic or Bridge win on Tuesday (assuming neither lose at the weekend) they have to be favourites to win the league. However for whoever loses, or both if it's a draw, the doubts could begin to set in. They have tough games ahead against Corofin and Kilkishen, both of whom could be promoted if either of the big boys slip up. I think I'd rather be in Mountshannon's position after last night. They would probably be the bookies favourite to win the league if there were a book open ... until next Wednesday morning at least!!!!!

MadMick
14/04/2005, 12:36 PM
Lets not forget Rock v Kilkishen, win for either team and they are right in the hunt, the funny thing is that Kilkishen have it in their own hands if they win their games and would win the league if they do!!! twice against Rock and once against Bunratty(absolute certain 3 points) then Bridge Celtic and then Olympic, my money is on Kilkishen to be one of the 3 top sides.

OpenGoal
14/04/2005, 1:54 PM
Lets not forget Rock v Kilkishen, win for either team and they are right in the hunt, the funny thing is that Kilkishen have it in their own hands if they win their games and would win the league if they do!!! twice against Rock and once against Bunratty(absolute certain 3 points) then Bridge Celtic and then Olympic, my money is on Kilkishen to be one of the 3 top sides.

yeah, its funny at this stage of the season that 3 teams have their destinies in their own hands........i.e. Olympic, Kilkishen and Bridge. Doesnt often happen that way. Have Bunratty B been relegated???

MadMick
14/04/2005, 1:55 PM
yeah, its funny at this stage of the season that 3 teams have their destinies in their own hands........i.e. Olympic, Kilkishen and Bridge. Doesnt often happen that way. Have Bunratty B been relegated???
Kilrush and Bunratty cannot finish higher than 3rd from bottom.

oldspice
14/04/2005, 2:01 PM
Kilrush and Bunratty cannot finish higher than 3rd from bottom.
Kilrush have been relegated. They have 8 points with 2 games remaining. Kilmaley are currently third from bottom with either 16 or 17 points.
Also I don't think Rock can get back in it. They have 21 points with 3 games remaining, therefore a maximum of 30. Indeed, should they lose their last 3 games (Kilkishen twice and Kilmaley) they will finish 3rd from bottom (if Tulla can pick up 1 more point). Also, the best Kilkishen can do at the moment is to draw level with Mountshannon. They have 20 points with 5 games remaining. For them to win the league, they'd have to win all 5 games, hope that other unlikely results go their way and then beat Mountshannon in a play-off. A big ask.

footstar
14/04/2005, 2:09 PM

don't count your chickens mad mick in saying that any game in this division is an absolute certain 3 points. kilkishen will not get it all their own way when they travel to play rock as other teams have seen this season. they have a very impressive home record only been beaten once, suprisingly by buratty, they have beaten mountshannon and tulla and drew against the likes of olympic, corifin and bridge. i'm afraid to say i don't think kilkishen will be in the top three this season unless bridge and olympic slip up.

Kicks
14/04/2005, 2:12 PM
Does anyone know how many teams automatically go up from the 3rd division. Is there any playoff to see who goes up this year?

MadMick
14/04/2005, 2:13 PM
Kilrush have been relegated. They have 8 points with 2 games remaining. Kilmaley are currently third from bottom with either 16 or 17 points.
Also I don't think Rock can get back in it. They have 21 points with 3 games remaining, therefore a maximum of 30. Indeed, should they lose their last 3 games (Kilkishen twice and Kilmaley) they will finish 3rd from bottom (if Tulla can pick up 1 more point). Also, the best Kilkishen can do at the moment is to draw level with Mountshannon. They have 20 points with 5 games remaining. For them to win the league, they'd have to win all 5 games, hope that other unlikely results go their way and then beat Mountshannon in a play-off. A big ask.

Sorry I thought Kilrush had 3 games left!

CousinSylDolan
14/04/2005, 2:18 PM
Next Tuesday's game in Bridgetown is key. That will be worth seeing. Something has to give that night. A winner in that game would be in the driving seat and if its a draw it gives hope to about 3/4 other teams.

oldspice
14/04/2005, 3:28 PM
don't count your chickens mad mick in saying that any game in this division is an absolute certain 3 points. kilkishen will not get it all their own way when they travel to play rock as other teams have seen this season. they have a very impressive home record only been beaten once, suprisingly by buratty, they have beaten mountshannon and tulla and drew against the likes of olympic, corifin and bridge. i'm afraid to say i don't think kilkishen will be in the top three this season unless bridge and olympic slip up.

I think most people have learned at this stage that no result in this division can be taken for granted. As for Rock, Kilkishen played them three times last season, lost once and drew twice. Nothing will be taken for granted. However, I think when Mick suggested a sure three points he was referring to the game against Bunratty. He really meant that too ??? Sure it was a guranteed three points when they played in Bunratty a few weeks ago too - for Bunratty that was.

Prem Rep!
14/04/2005, 5:40 PM
that pitch has never been playable......
lifford have the chance to 2nd in the premier tonight....com on the townies!!

Lifford are a fine side who try to play football in the right manner.
If they were to win the league nobody would have any complaints, at least they are trying to go in the right direction. Where as Avenue are the complete opposite, good footballers but the most unsporting in the league. They winge like hell when the lose as I'm sure Bunratty found out last night and really rub opponents faces in it when they win.
To be fair I think Bunratty played themselves back into the running last night. Bridge are not in the best form at the minute, Newmarket seem to be fading. Maybe a late Bunratty or Lifford surge could clinch it.

CousinSylDolan
15/04/2005, 7:21 AM
Interesting 1st post there Prem Rep.... Premier is still wide open no doubt. However I'm not sure how the Bridge are in bad form at the moment and Newmarket are still well in the hunt. Its there for 4/5 teams really.

p.s. Leftie... I am checking out those games from Feburary you were asking about. Might know something today but the likely-hood is they were not played.

Anyone get the score from Cratloe vs Lifford last night????

plasticpitch
15/04/2005, 7:56 AM
cratloe 0 lifford 3.
Lifford beat cratloe 3-0 in a one sided affair in coonagh last night .... lifford go 2nd a point behind ave in the table

Prem Rep!
15/04/2005, 8:40 AM
I reckon 37 points will be enough to win the prem. Cratloe are another side who aggravate me. They fold for every other game except for their local derbies. You can be sure they will be stacked for Bunratty and Bridge games but couldn't be bothered against everyone else.
Cousin Syl, I know Newmarket are still in the hunt but the fact they could not get 11 against Corofin and had 2 men sent off for fighting with each other would suggest that they bubble may have burst.

Prem Rep!
15/04/2005, 8:59 AM
Why am I not surprised that Cooraclare beat Avenue B last night. Under any hint of relegation, you can be sure that Avenue played the strongest Cooraclare side this season last night. Always the same!

CousinSylDolan
15/04/2005, 9:01 AM
I reckon 37 points will be enough to win the prem. Cratloe are another side who aggravate me. They fold for every other game except for their local derbies. You can be sure they will be stacked for Bunratty and Bridge games but couldn't be bothered against everyone else.
Cousin Syl, I know Newmarket are still in the hunt but the fact they could not get 11 against Corofin and had 2 men sent off for fighting with each other would suggest that they bubble may have burst.

I see where you are coming from but I suppose Sunday will tell a lot really. A loser or even if its a draw in Bunratty will mean for sure none of Bunratty/Newmarket will be winning anyhting this season.

Newmarket did however beat Lifford 3-0 in their 2nd last lg game and were unlucky with a dissallowed goal not to get the 3 points vs Newtown by all accounts in their last game.

This time next week we will know a lot more with tough games ahead for Lifford and Newmarket. All very tight though in comparasion to the usual 2/3 horse race.

plasticpitch
15/04/2005, 9:04 AM
yeah get down the bookies... lifford are still 6/1 to win prem title.... ave are 7/4 favourites... i know who my money is on

Prem Rep!
15/04/2005, 9:07 AM
yeah get down the bookies... lifford are still 6/1 to win prem title.... ave are 7/4 favourites... i know who my money is on

What are the odds on the others??

OpenGoal
15/04/2005, 9:15 AM
What are the odds on the others??

what bookies take bets on the clare league?????

And do they take bets on all divisions?

4-4-2
15/04/2005, 9:44 AM
what bookies take bets on the clare league?????

And do they take bets on all divisions?

Well that is one way we could make sure Olympic do everything we can to win all our games...put money on it because if there is one thing our lads like to do is a bet :)

plasticpitch
15/04/2005, 9:48 AM
lads..the bookies in newmarket take bets on the prem div and the cup only....
avenue were favourites before buratty match the other night.... bridge utd were 3/1 and lifford 5/1.. they are the only prices i have....
i know a couple of bunratty lads had money on them doing a double last year at 20/1.... happy days

OpenGoal
15/04/2005, 10:07 AM
lads..the bookies in newmarket take bets on the prem div and the cup only....
avenue were favourites before buratty match the other night.... bridge utd were 3/1 and lifford 5/1.. they are the only prices i have....
i know a couple of bunratty lads had money on them doing a double last year at 20/1.... happy days

This is a very interesting revelation!!! Cheers ;)

plasticpitch
15/04/2005, 10:31 AM
This is a very interesting revelation!!! Cheers ;)

maybe we can use our indepth knowledge of clare soccer to get 1 over on the bookies ;)

OpenGoal
15/04/2005, 10:35 AM
maybe we can use our indepth knowledge of clare soccer to get 1 over on the bookies ;)

well I'm an olympic man, so if your team is ever playing against us give me a shout ! We can do a deal :D :D :D :D

CousinSylDolan
15/04/2005, 10:54 AM
well I'm an olympic man, so if your team is ever playing against us give me a shout ! We can do a deal :D :D :D :D

Well its a dead cert that the odds on Bunratty B beating Olympic are a lot higher that Olympic beating Bunratty B so why not "do a deal" this Sunday.

I would say we could get odds of 4-1 on a Rat win so lets get the money down and then organise CousinSyl striking a late winner....(it would have to be from 3 yards or less though...just to make sure)

Cheers Opengoal... ;)

oldspice
15/04/2005, 11:19 AM
Well its a dead cert that the odds on Bunratty B beating Olympic are a lot higher that Olympic beating Bunratty B so why not "do a deal" this Sunday.

I would say we could get odds of 4-1 on a Rat win so lets get the money down and then organise CousinSyl striking a late winner....(it would have to be from 3 yards or less though...just to make sure)

Cheers Opengoal... ;)

How the hell would you propose getting within 3 yards of the opposition goal. That's nosebleed country.

MadMick
15/04/2005, 11:27 AM
How the hell would you propose getting within 3 yards of the opposition goal. That's nosebleed country.

If nothing else the jog (walk) back to the half way line after scoring would kill him!!!!

Prem Rep!
15/04/2005, 11:39 AM
Cousin Syl from the half way line!

CousinSylDolan
15/04/2005, 11:52 AM
This is how I had it planned....

"""A helicopter collects Cousin Syl from the dugout in the 90th minute and drops him standing 3 yards from the Olympic goal. An expertly taken corner from the Rat set piece supremo is directed to the forehead of Cousin Syl and deflects in to the Olympic net past 4-4-2... Referee blows the full time whistle and Rats win 1-0....

Helicopter then re-collects Cousin Syl and drops him to the Creamery not forgetting to drop off to Bad Blokes in Newmarket where he has collected the substantial winnings...."""

Now how hard can that be lads?????? :D

MadMick
15/04/2005, 11:54 AM

"""A helicopter collects Cousin Syl from the dugout in the 90th minute and drops him standing 3 yards from the Olympic goal. An expertly taken corner from the Rat set piece supremo is directed to the forehead of Cousin Syl and deflects in to the Olympic net past 4-4-2... Referee blows the full time whistle and Rats win 1-0....

Helicopter then re-collects Cousin Syl and drops him to the Creamery not forgetting to drop off to Bad Blokes in Newmarket where he has collected the substantial winnings...."""

Trouble is how big has the helicopter got to be!!!!

OpenGoal
15/04/2005, 11:58 AM
Trouble is how big has the helicopter got to be!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

the bunratty rescue helicopter would be ideal!! Off to lunch.........still bent over laughing.

Prem Rep!
15/04/2005, 12:36 PM
Avenue: Bridge & Rineanna (H), Newtown & Moher (A)
Lifford: Newmarket, Bridge, Newtown (H), Rineanna & Newtown (A)
Bridge: Cratloe, Rineanna, Bunratty (H), Newtown, Lifford, Avenue (A)
Newmarket: Moher, Rineanna (H), Bunratty, Cratloe, Lifford (A)
Bunratty: Cratloe, Rineanna, Moher, Newmarket (H), Bridge (A)

leftie
15/04/2005, 1:04 PM

And just to be sure why not park the helicopter in the Bunratty goals ;)

plasticpitch
15/04/2005, 1:06 PM
Avenue: Bridge & Rineanna (H), Newtown & Moher (A)
Lifford: Newmarket, Bridge, Newtown (H), Rineanna & Newtown (A)
Bridge: Cratloe, Rineanna, Bunratty (H), Newtown, Lifford, Avenue (A)
Newmarket: Moher, Rineanna (H), Bunratty, Cratloe, Lifford (A)
Bunratty: Cratloe, Rineanna, Moher, Newmarket (H), Bridge (A)

thanks prem rep some very useful info there!!
who do you fancy now seen the fixtures that are left?? :ball:

4-4-2
15/04/2005, 1:07 PM

Just let me know what side you are aiming for and i'll make sure im not there although if its like the last match we had against you it wont matter if im there or not it will go in... :p

CousinSylDolan
15/04/2005, 1:25 PM
Ah come on now 4-4-2... Dont be so harsh on yourself. Olympic have a superb defensive record. 13 lg games played and only 12 goals conceded speaks for itself...

Anyone fancy the idea of saving ourselves a lot of time and hassle and sorting this game out below in the Creamery altogether.... :o

Prem Rep!
15/04/2005, 1:27 PM
thanks prem rep some very useful info there!!
who do you fancy now seen the fixtures that are left?? :ball:

I think Avenue may still be in pole position. You just know with Avenue, if you give them a sniff they'll be well up for it. Saying that, it may have been the old Avenue (Current B Team) who held those credentials. Not sure about the current crop!
There are a lot of top 5 clashes remaining and I cannot see one side winning all there top 5 clashes (probably will break even as the sides are closely matched), I feel that the team who does not slip up against the non title contenders will win the league.

37 points will win the league and that means Bunratty must win all there games. It is a big ask but they have the lads to do it.
Newmarket squad is a bit skinny at the moment and I cannot see them winning 4/5 remaining games.
That leaves the 2 Ennis sides and the Bridge. If the bridge can take all 6 points from there next two home games (Rineanna and Cratloe) they will be well up for a trip to the capital (potentially Sunday week).

It's looking like it's going to Ennis but the Bridge may spoil the party!!

oldspice
15/04/2005, 2:15 PM
I think Avenue may still be in pole position. You just know with Avenue, if you give them a sniff they'll be well up for it. Saying that, it may have been the old Avenue (Current B Team) who held those credentials. Not sure about the current crop!
There are a lot of top 5 clashes remaining and I cannot see one side winning all there top 5 clashes (probably will break even as the sides are closely matched), I feel that the team who does not slip up against the non title contenders will win the league.

37 points will win the league and that means Bunratty must win all there games. It is a big ask but they have the lads to do it.
Newmarket squad is a bit skinny at the moment and I cannot see them winning 4/5 remaining games.
That leaves the 2 Ennis sides and the Bridge. If the bridge can take all 6 points from there next two home games (Rineanna and Cratloe) they will be well up for a trip to the capital (potentially Sunday week).

Lads, Who are they talking about there? Lifford, Avenue, Bridge Utd. Moher ... Are there foreigners creeping into our thread???
Only joking Prem Rep, Plastic etc. it's good to see lads from other divisions contributing .... Pauliwallnuts and Leftie were beginning to feel like outsiders. Personally, I think that the Bridge might just edge it. They have players who remember what's needed to win the league. So have Bunratty I know but they might just have dropped too many points. However, Lifford are a decent side (we played them in the cup earlier) and are making a bit of a charge having lost a few games at the beginning. It's a tough call but I'm going with my fellow "culchies". By the way, now that I've got my "apprenticeship" I'm off for a week so I'll see ye all Monday week. Cousinsyl, go easy on those townies on Sunday. We want them intact for our trip to the stadio olympico.... not!!!

BallBreaker
15/04/2005, 8:31 PM

Interesting, i think the bridge are fav's but anything can happen,i agree no team are going to win all their remaining matches.i have noted Newtown do not even get a mentioni think it will be between Bridge,Newtown,Lifford and Bunratty.

CUP QUARTERFINAL RESULT JUST IN
BRIDGE UTD 1 MOHER CELTIC 2

that leaves Moher,Corofin,Newtown and Avenue B in the hat for the Semis.
:D :D

Murphman
16/04/2005, 2:39 PM
As we are getting close to the end of another season.. here are the latest Goal/Result stats from the Clare 1st Division before 2 moros action , hope you enjoy.

GOALS INFORMATION

Total Goals scored in the 1st division: 255
Home Goals: 139, Away Goals: 116.
Ave/Match: 3.45, Most in a match: 10,
32 Clean Sheets so far.

GAMES INFORMATION

74 Games played so far.
33 Home Wins, 23 Away Wins,
18 Draws, 16 Score, 2 No Score.
EXTRAThere have been 7 1-0 scorelines, 10 1-1 draws,
5 2-1 results and 3 3-2 results

MATCH INFORMATION
HIGHEST HOME SCORE: 20/03/2005 KILRUSH 7 BUNRATTY B 0
HIGHEST AWAY SCORE: 13/04/2005 BUNRATTY B 1 BRIDGE CELTIC 6 AND 17/03/05 KILRUSH 1 TULLA 6

Well lads, As you can see I've been bored... Enjoy

4-4-2
16/04/2005, 2:56 PM
As we are getting close to the end of another season.. here are the latest Goal/Result stats from the Clare 1st Division before 2 moros action , hope you enjoy.

GOALS INFORMATION

Total Goals scored in the 1st division: 255
Home Goals: 139, Away Goals: 116.
Ave/Match: 3.45, Most in a match: 10,
32 Clean Sheets so far.

GAMES INFORMATION

74 Games played so far.
33 Home Wins, 23 Away Wins,
18 Draws, 16 Score, 2 No Score.
EXTRAThere have been 7 1-0 scorelines, 10 1-1 draws,
5 2-1 results and 3 3-2 results

MATCH INFORMATION
HIGHEST HOME SCORE: 20/03/2005 KILRUSH 7 BUNRATTY B 0
HIGHEST AWAY SCORE: 13/04/2005 BUNRATTY B 1 BRIDGE CELTIC 6 AND 17/03/05 KILRUSH 1 TULLA 6

Well lads, As you can see I've been bored... Enjoy
Do you have anything on the top scorers... which team has keep the most clean sheets ( and before anyone comes back with smart remarks i mean on the pitch) stuff like that???? like me you must be at work Murphman

Murphman
16/04/2005, 4:38 PM
No Goalscorer info, only for Bridge Celtic.
Has anyone kept details of their goals scorers and we can compare etc.

Here is something for you, the league table broken down into Home and Away details.

http://www.freewebs.com/clareleague/ClareLeagueTable.JPG

Also I've an up to date Score Grid done...

http://www.freewebs.com/clareleague/ClareLeagueScoreGrid.JPG

bakodnet
16/04/2005, 6:24 PM
No Goalscorer info, only for Bridge Celtic.
Has anyone kept details of their goals scorers and we can compare etc.

Here is something for you, the league table broken down into Home and Away details.

http://www.freewebs.com/clareleague/ClareLeagueTable.JPG

Also I've an up to date Score Grid done...

http://www.freewebs.com/clareleague/ClareLeagueScoreGrid.JPG
interesting murphman...dont suppose ya have anything like that for the 3rd division?? :ball:

Murphman
16/04/2005, 6:50 PM
interesting murphman...dont suppose ya have anything like that for the 3rd division?? :ball:

Nope, I only really follow the first Div, but I use a League Tracker programme that does all the work for you.Provided you put it in the results etc...

League tracker programme (http://www.obriensbridge.com/bridgeceltic/leaguetracksetup.exe )

Right click and save target as...

Murphman
16/04/2005, 6:53 PM
KILKISHEN CELTIC A V ROCK ROVERS
Form - (kilkishen: 1 loss in 7, 14pts out of last 24)
(Rock Rovers: 1 win in 7, 14 pts out of last 30, 1 loss in 6)

TULLA UNITED V BRIDGE CELTIC
Form - (Tulla: Lost last 4, 1 win in 5, not won for 4 , not scored for 2)
(Bridge Celtic: Won last 4, Unbeaten in 5, 20 points out of last 30, 1 loss in 7)

COROFIN HARPS V KILRUSH RANGERS
Form - (Corofin harps: Not won away for 5 games, Unbeaten in 5, 16 pts out of last 30)
(Kilrush Rangers: Not won away this season,1 win in 16, 5 pts out of last 24.)

BUNRATTY B V SHANNON OLYMPIC A
Form - (Bunratty B: Lost last 8, Not won at home for 3 games, 6 pts out of last 30)
(Shannon Olympic A: Won last 3 at home, 22 pts out of 30, Scored 5 goals against Bunratty already this season)

Murphman
17/04/2005, 10:19 AM
Tulla V Bridge Celtic - OFF (Pitch Unplayable.)

johnnyosullivan
17/04/2005, 11:07 AM
well we (newtown) just wasted a day of a sleep in to travel to ruan to find out the pitch was unplayable!! very frustrating as we all could have been doin better things with our saturday evenings rather than sittin at home watchin t.v and goin to bed early. what a wreck head!! :mad:
i don't know what to do with myself now. i might as well go to bed til the united match comes on. i reckon newcastle will take um!! :D

4-4-2
17/04/2005, 2:46 PM
Tulla V Bridge Celtic - OFF (Pitch Unplayable.)
Bunratty B 1 shannon Olympic A ????

Murphman
17/04/2005, 3:27 PM
Bunratty B 1 shannon Olympic A ????

Bunratty B 1 shannon Olympic A 10

4-4-2
17/04/2005, 3:35 PM
Bunratty B 1 shannon Olympic A 10

No not 10 but we did win ....shame it put them down but as i said you have to look at the season not just one game, i hope they come back up next season best of luck Big Syldolan...just make sure your younger players stick around in the Clare league, :ball: