PDA

View Full Version : Clare Junior Soccer

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54

4-4-2
04/05/2005, 1:28 PM
i don't know a lot about many clubs in clare so i wouldn't give comments on something i know nothing about. so when i see someone talking horse**** about something they know **** all about it ****es me off. lets get some facts straight here. if someone said that they hoped your club gets relegated this year, best thing that could happen to clare soccer and they'd love it, you would have a pop at them as well. well thats what jim madden said about avenue. he is supposed to be the chairman of clare soccer and treat everyone fairly etc. also he went on clare fm ranting about a club with posts and jerseys when he thought avenue where pulling a fast one getting the bridge game called off. only having to eat his words afterwards.(not the first or last avenue/madden conflict)
what the **** did the clare league have seven (is seven too generous) years ago actually what the **** did any club have over seven years ago. nothing with the exception of newmarket. where it turns out that there was a gradient of around 18feet from goal to goal, but christ you could have a shower. looked forward to it every year. sure we'll all be off to join st pats (who bought their pitch for one euro)and there great pitch with changing rooms. the state of the pitch league and clubs??????????? the soccer players of clare payed for a lot of digi with subs for the last no. of years. clubs in other leagues have better facilities so i wouldn't get excited. how many clubs pulled out of clare leagues, how many teams gave walk overs????? right?
avenue are given the worst pitch in premier??? where do connoly play their home matches (away) lifford play on avenue's old pitch in ruan. cratloe didn't have a pitch till last 3 months of season. (they borrowed it) newmarket are playing in quality pitch while there pitch they bought for one pound is been done up. moher play in community pitch just like avenue. maybe they should do a lifford and plead squatters rights, get payed to leave and set up with pitch??????
the reason avenue are so successful is that there are plenty of people that give a ****. in fact i would go on record as to say they have the best structure out of any club in clare. they have under 6, 8's and 10 who have won the majority of small comps played. the 11's 12's and 13 won their leagues and hopefully 14's will win cup. they don't have a 15's 16' or youths but will have by 3 yrs time. the b team got promoted and a team won premier league. pitch or no pitch they are heading in the right direction. would you prefer to be sitting in your clubhouse with old mother hubard staring at the cupboard????????????
the facilities in fairgreen are not worst in the clare league by miles. any big game that was played over the last 20yrs changing rooms and showers were always provided and grub after the game. any improvements sought in the green were always knocked back.the club have tried unsuccessfully over the last no. of years to get their own pitch but with no success. this year they were offered 6 acres in inch for €250,000. competing with builders, don't think so. but while other clubs lock there posts away (if they have them) and put the club jerseys in the garage avenue will be actively looking for a pitch. the most knowledgeable comment you made was avenue are the most successful club in clare history, so can you imagine if they had there own facilities, the mind bogiles??????????????
yours in sport
townie.

next time your near the fairgreen you love so much I think you should pop around the corner to the hospital and ask if there is anyone you can talk to about your problems i think you will find they are very good at dealing with mental illness :D ,from what i can see avenue are a good club but dont have any facilities of note , stop living in the past and the fact that nobody had any pitches, i think you should take a look now and see all the work that is being done by clubs,Rats,Newtown,sixmilebridge newmarket,kilkishen lifford all with new pitchs,clubhouse or some for of development going on,Cratloe are a new club and they are trying to get things sorted so stop taking digs at clubs because people have helped them out over the years i think they use to call it local pride

Clifford
04/05/2005, 2:06 PM
next time your near the fairgreen you love so much I think you should pop around the corner to the hospital and ask if there is anyone you can talk to about your problems i think you will find they are very good at dealing with mental illness :D ,from what i can see avenue are a good club but dont have any facilities of note , stop living in the past and the fact that nobody had any pitches, i think you should take a look now and see all the work that is being done by clubs,Rats,Newtown,sixmilebridge newmarket,kilkishen lifford all with new pitchs,clubhouse or some for of development going on,Cratloe are a new club and they are trying to get things sorted so stop taking digs at clubs because people have helped them out over the years i think they use to call it local pride

think you should read it again 3-5-2, never once said i love fairgreen. it's the people who are having a pop at the green and those who know **** all about club past present and future who its aimed at. fair ****s too all those clubs and more power to them in the future. don't worry 4-5-1 the best soccer facilities will be in ennis next year. hope there up to your standards.

4-4-2
04/05/2005, 2:32 PM
think you should read it again 3-5-2, never once said i love fairgreen. it's the people who are having a pop at the green and those who know **** all about club past present and future who its aimed at. fair ****s too all those clubs and more power to them in the future. don't worry 4-5-1 the best soccer facilities will be in ennis next year. hope there up to your standards.

Yip i was right mental illness...its 4-4-2 say it 4-4-2 now slower 4---4---2
thats it well done you'll be better in no time,as for standards i play for olympic so the fairgreen is already up to my standards, dont claim to know alot about your club but just stated the facts as someone from outside the county might see which is good team no facilities get over it and move on,

CousinSylDolan
04/05/2005, 2:33 PM
Did anyone hear if Newtown played Moher in the Premier last night ladies?????

Also I wonder could any of the Olympic lads sort me for seats in yere corporate boxes for tonights game. I'd be interested to see the champs lg game to see who the mighty reds play in the final. Cheers :D

Best of luck to all at Olympic anyway tonight. I hope ye do it to go up to the premier as ye wont be playing our B team next season so I hope ye keep the derby alive by joining our A team in the premier... :ball:

CousinSylDolan
04/05/2005, 2:35 PM
Oh yeah and Clifford.... That was some rant!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

4-4-2
04/05/2005, 2:48 PM
Did anyone hear if Newtown played Moher in the Premier last night ladies?????

Also I wonder could any of the Olympic lads sort me for seats in yere corporate boxes for tonights game. I'd be interested to see the champs lg game to see who the mighty reds play in the final. Cheers :D

Best of luck to all at Olympic anyway tonight. I hope ye do it to go up to the premier as ye wont be playing our B team next season so I hope ye keep the derby alive by joining our A team in the premier... :ball:

i have booked Yourself and Devilfish into the premier box for tonights game you can pick up your tickets at reception they will be serving drinks followed by some of the finest nomadic food you have ever had so enjoy and if you like it make sure you have a hitch on the car and you can take the box home with you ....come on the olympic

4-4-2
04/05/2005, 3:25 PM
Im off for a few days, getting some R and R, so i hope when i come back Olympic will be in the playoff if not....well if anyone from rat town reads this can they send the Bunratty search and rescue out to look for me i should be floating somewhere near limerick by tomorrow morning, :) :) :)

devilfish
04/05/2005, 3:32 PM
Thanks for that 4-4-2 but do these corporate boxes come with earplugs???? Best of luck tonight and I fully expect a 3-0 win for ye. Watch Houlihan turn on the style. As for that Boss fella, he's right, they did stuff us twice but he forgot to say that they got hammered by Newmarket 3 days later and that dashed their title hopes.... what a waste...can't wait to go to the horse field in Ruan again next year...no wonder this league is a joke with places like that....thanks Syl for the back-up..I'll bring one of my premier medals with me next year and let the boss have a look, it'll be the closest he ever gets to it....

CousinSylDolan
05/05/2005, 7:04 AM
1st division result.

Shannon Oly 3 0 Kilkishen...

Well predicted by Devilfish may I say. Houlihan made the difference too but I must say it was a very weakened Kilishen side.

Any word from the other games last night in the 1st and Premier?

MadMick
05/05/2005, 7:25 AM
1st division result.

Well predicted by Devilfish may I say. Houlihan made the difference too but I must say it was a very weakened Kilishen side.

Newmarket 2 Rinneana 1

OpenGoal
05/05/2005, 10:16 AM
Good win for Olympic last night, but match ruined by yet another abysmal refereeing performance by the shameless Albert Murphy. Producing a straight red for the words "Ah come off it Albert" borders on the incredible I know, but its true. What was wrong Albert, time of the month perhaps???

oldspice
05/05/2005, 11:16 AM
Good win for Olympic last night, but match ruined by yet another abysmal refereeing performance by the shameless Albert Murphy. Producing a straight red for the words "Ah come off it Albert" borders on the incredible I know, but its true. What was wrong Albert, time of the month perhaps???

I don't think Albert handled the game too badly overall, but I would have to agree the sending off was nothing short of ridiculous. What he said just after you went off was that he was sick of "their" whinging so I would have to say Carlos and Gaz probably sowed the seeds. No justification but it seemed to be where he was coming from.

oldspice
05/05/2005, 11:21 AM
Congrats to Olympic on reaching the play-off but I would have to warn ye not to get carried away with puttin 3 past a Kilkishen team with only 5 regulars playing and 2 of them had to go off injured. Sure, those that witnessed the "Spice" making his entry would realise how desperate a situation it was. I can only assume the Olympic boys were taking it easy but ye'll need to up the performance a notch or two when it comes to playing Rineanna or Cratloe. The best of luck to ye.

the boss
05/05/2005, 11:37 AM
As for that Boss fella, he's right, they did stuff us twice but he forgot to say that they got hammered by Newmarket 3 days later and that dashed their title hopes.... what a waste...can't wait to go to the horse field in Ruan again next year...no wonder this league is a joke with places like that....thanks Syl for the back-up..I'll bring one of my premier medals with me next year and let the boss have a look, it'll be the closest he ever gets to it....

Bit of jealousy on your part devil? Still sore you were hammered twice in one season by a team playing their first season in the premier. As for the horse field what would ye be complaining about. A decent surface would be wasted on ye. Your centre half spent the games playin one twos with the clouds. Oh yeah and what did ye win this season again? No wonder all your best players are leaving. Rats are always the first off a sinking ship!

buts86
05/05/2005, 11:58 AM
come on devilfish let that f***er hav it !!!

CousinSylDolan
05/05/2005, 11:58 AM
Did Lifford beat the Bridge last night? or did ye even bother playing it?

Rats have won 4 Clare junior cups and 3 league titles in the past 6 years... Not a bad return especially in comparasion to Lifford. I think this should end this petty argument...

number?
05/05/2005, 12:01 PM
what were last nights scores in the premier and how come a2z is not been updated?

CousinSylDolan
05/05/2005, 12:43 PM
what were last nights scores in the premier and how come a2z is not been updated?

I see Newmarket beat Rineranna 2-1 but did not hear how Lifford vs Bridge went. I dont think Newtown vs Moher was played Tues night either.

The guy who updates the website is away on holidays and wont be back until next week. Thats why its not updated...

OpenGoal
05/05/2005, 12:46 PM
I see Newmarket beat Rineranna 2-1 but did not hear how Lifford vs Bridge went. I dont think Newtown vs Moher was played Tues night either.

The guy who updates the website is away on holidays and wont be back until next week. Thats why its not updated...

Feck sake, wouldn't you think he would've postponed his holidays until after the season is over. Some people have no consideration :D

CousinSylDolan
05/05/2005, 12:53 PM
Feck sake, wouldn't you think he would've postponed his holidays until after the season is over. Some people have no consideration :D

Totally agree :mad: :mad: :mad:

I can see you are still panting after your kick around there at lunch. Were you rested for 80 mins last night so you could give the lunch time kickaround your all....

Nice finish when you came on though...still have that ould burst of pace I see. ;)

Best of luck in the playoff....

OpenGoal
05/05/2005, 1:06 PM
Yeah, finish was good. My "electric" pace may have been exaggerated by the fact that the guy at the back was chasing Jimmy all over the pitch for 80 mins though, and was probably knackered. Still, game was ruined for me as I said but sur no point trying to apply logic to the actions of that referee. He's clearly mad.

Oh yeah, STOP DRIVING ACROSS MY PITCH AT LUNCHTIME!!!! All this stopping and starting is disrupting the flow of the game! :D :D

oldspice
05/05/2005, 1:48 PM
Yeah, finish was good. My "electric" pace may have been exaggerated by the fact that the guy at the back was chasing Jimmy all over the pitch for 80 mins though, and was probably knackered. Still, game was ruined for me as I said but sur no point trying to apply logic to the actions of that referee. He's clearly mad.

Oh yeah, STOP DRIVING ACROSS MY PITCH AT LUNCHTIME!!!! All this stopping and starting is disrupting the flow of the game! :D :D

I'd have thought the odd short break would suit you at this stage of the season!!! Was a nice finish last night, and Jimmy's wasn't bad either. Who scored the second? I was turned the other way tending to an injured player.

oldspice
05/05/2005, 1:50 PM
Syl, Just how stuck are you for something to do ona Wednesday evening? Surely you weren't there talent-spotting for next season?????????

leftie
05/05/2005, 1:51 PM
I'd have thought the odd short break would suit you at this stage of the season!!! Was a nice finish last night, and Jimmy's wasn't bad either. Who scored the second? I was turned the other way tending to an injured player.

Even if you were facing the right way you mightn't have seen him :D It was Bobby 'O, the big winner in the battle of the midgets. ;)

OpenGoal
05/05/2005, 2:45 PM

normally, yes, but I spent the first half of the season warming the bench and alot lately injured so I'm raring to go at this stage. I agree with your comments earlier about raising our game if we are to overturn whatever team we play in the play-off but I think we can do it. Most of the team have played in big matches before so we wont be too nervous and can just get on with the football. Plus a nice flat pitch, i.e. doora or newtown will suit us.

Production will be up tenfold here in the office once the season is over and this website becomes redundant for 3 months, bout time too!!!

SupermanIII
05/05/2005, 3:05 PM

I think your pace was exagerated more by the fact that the guy at the back has been chasing the ball for nearly twenty years now and should give it up! (I was burned for the first too!) :(

CousinSylDolan
05/05/2005, 3:42 PM
Syl, Just how stuck are you for something to do ona Wednesday evening? Surely you weren't there talent-spotting for next season?????????

Oh I was looking at a few but reckon they will be too pricey for any summer movement!!!!!!

Close in a price bracket between that young left winger for Kilkishen, Houlihan for Oly and the 2 oriental dudes playing for PSV... :D :D :D

Thats the info that went into my black book after last night anyway!!! :)

plasticpitch
05/05/2005, 7:08 PM
1st division result.

lifford beat bridge 4-2... both sides fielded weakened teams. noel mullane scored a hat trick... will be suprised if he is not on oscar traynor newxt year ... bridge got 2 consolation goals but were playing with a weakened team.... 2nd for lifford not bad for 1st yr back in premier!!!

oldspice
06/05/2005, 7:40 AM
lifford beat bridge 4-2... both sides fielded weakened teams. noel mullane scored a hat trick... will be suprised if he is not on oscar traynor newxt year ... bridge got 2 consolation goals but were playing with a weakened team.... 2nd for lifford not bad for 1st yr back in premier!!!
How refreshing to hear someone from Lifford give a balanced view of a game (or of anything for that matter). Well done plasticpitch, it was quite an achievement for your first season and if it weren't for the boss ye'd probably have won the goodwill of most contributers to this thread also.

CousinSylDolan
06/05/2005, 8:42 AM
How refreshing to hear someone from Lifford give a balanced view of a game (or of anything for that matter). Well done plasticpitch, it was quite an achievement for your first season and if it weren't for the boss ye'd probably have won the goodwill of most contributers to this thread also.

Well said ;)

leftie
06/05/2005, 9:50 AM
Just to let anyone know who may be interested. Th 3rd v 2nd division playoff is on this weekend in Doora between Cooraclare and Shannon Olympic B. Kick off is at 2 or half past.

Does anyone know anything about the Cooraclare team, are they bad or just unlucky?

Clifford
06/05/2005, 10:02 AM
Just to let anyone know who may be interested. Th 3rd v 2nd division playoff is on this weekend in Doora between Cooraclare and Shannon Olympic B. Kick off is at 2 or half past.

Does anyone know anything about the Cooraclare team, are they bad or just unlucky?

typicall gaa team, depends on who turns up. (no doubt they will have everyone and their grannies for this one) they are pretty big and physical. they have couple of nice players, go 1 up will break there resistance go 1 down and they will battle twice as hard. never seen oly b playing, but if they play football like A team should do it.

oldspice
06/05/2005, 11:54 AM
Unless they've changed considerably from last season, they'll be dogged and physical. Not a dirty team but well able to give and take a few knocks. They'll probably have their full contingent out on Sunday so don't expect anything too easy. However, they collect most of their points from home games as their pitch (if you can be charitable enough to call it that) takes some getting used to so doesn't suit visiting teams. Most of their good play comes through Christy O'Donoghue who is pushing on but still some operator. Dangerous from direct free kicks anywhere within 25 yards.

MadMick
09/05/2005, 6:26 AM
Originally Posted by leftie

hopefully the clare gaa won't change there senior football match against kilkee due tobe played sunday at 2pm...come on olympic b

Corofin and Moher in the Cup Final, have either won the competition before?

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2005, 7:22 AM
Corofin and Moher in the Cup Final, have either won the competition before?

No as far as I'm aware there will be a new name on the cup this year. Jeez I'm shocked Newtown could not beat the harps... I was full sure they would wax them.

One of the Newtown lads I talked to was saying they lacked the desire to win it which I find very hard to comprehend... It was there for the taking. :confused: :confused: :confused:

MadMick
09/05/2005, 7:25 AM
No as far as I'm aware there will be a new name on the cup this year. Jeez I'm shocked Newtown could not beat the harps... I was full sure they would wax them.

One of the Newtown lads I talked to was saying they lacked the desire to win it which I find very hard to comprehend... It was there for the taking. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Maybe they thought they could just turn up and a Final appearance was theirs???

Any news on any results from yesterday?

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2005, 7:43 AM
Maybe they thought they could just turn up and a Final appearance was theirs???

Any news on any results from yesterday?

All I heard was Newtown were waxed by the harps and Specials B lost 1-0 to Cooraclare in the playoff...

MadMick
09/05/2005, 8:21 AM
All I heard was Newtown were waxed by the harps and Specials B lost 1-0 to Cooraclare in the playoff...

The Olympians are very quiet this morning, what's up Leftie cat got your tongue!!!

MadMick
09/05/2005, 8:40 AM
I hear next years champions lifford were unlucky yesterday.Lost 5-1 to banana rovers. :cool:

was this league?

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2005, 8:57 AM
You know well what it was in mick.

Oi Handycap...cut out your smart talk :D

I think this means Cratloe and Banana playoff and the losers play Olympic for a place in the Premier next year!!!!!!!!

leftie
09/05/2005, 9:03 AM
The Olympians are very quiet this morning, what's up Leftie cat got your tongue!!!

Not at all, bit of a sore head and a late start to the day. Gutted by yesterday's result. After all the work put in over the course of the season we've nothing to show for it.

As for the game yesterday we were unlucky. We missed a few chances and they took theirs. But that's how football works I suppose. We weren't helped by the fact that we were missing our keeper which caused a complete reshuffle in our team and our most dangerous looking player going off injured midway through the first half.

I guess we'll have to wait another year or so to get the opportunity to have our revenge on Bunratty B.

OpenGoal
09/05/2005, 9:26 AM
Olympic B 0 - 1 Cooraclare

Olympic B deserved a draw, brave perfromance. They dominated the first half , aided by a strong breeze but failed to capitilise on thier dominance and ultimately paid the price. Brilliantly taken goal by the cooraclare striker in the 2nd half, but as Olympic dominated the first half, the opposite was true of the second half, and you could feel a goal coming for Cooraclare as the 2nd half went on. Some great performances from the Olympic side, particularly in defence, but just lacked the cutting edge in attack. So another season in div 3 for the boys, shouldve won the division really but complacency seemed to set in and they idled on front................

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2005, 9:28 AM
I guess we'll have to wait another year or so to get the opportunity to have our revenge on Bunratty B.

I'd be confident Bunratty B will not be relegated to the 3rd after next season... or do you mean Specials B might get promoted in the future?

From what I hear Newtown B are delighted with Cooraclare as they ensured there is a local derby game in the 3rd division next season!!!!!!!

oldspice
09/05/2005, 9:32 AM
Any word on when Cratloe and Rineanna are to meet?

MadMick
09/05/2005, 9:42 AM
Munster area semi final i believe.Just struck me who madmick is-a good mate of yours cousinsyl-stop talking crap!!!!!!!! :cool:

Who????

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2005, 9:50 AM
Munster area semi final i believe.Just struck me who madmick is-a good mate of yours cousinsyl-stop talking crap!!!!!!!! :cool:

Apologies lads if Banana Rovers were in a Munster Area semi yesterday then I'm worng in saying they are in a playoff with Cratloe... :o

So Cmon Handyman.... Who is this MadMick bloke? Spill the beans my friend.

MadMick
09/05/2005, 9:59 AM
Apologies lads if Banana Rovers were in a Munster Area semi yesterday then I'm worng in saying they are in a playoff with Cratloe... :o

any fixtures for this week?

SupermanIII
09/05/2005, 10:20 AM

MadMick....is your FATHER! :eek:

MadMick
09/05/2005, 10:32 AM
MadMick....is your FATHER! :eek:

Jesus Christ would be a better answer!!

CousinSylDolan
09/05/2005, 10:58 AM
Ye lunatics dont be well at the best of times :cool: