PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2012/13

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

hotspur
12/09/2012, 8:01 AM
any report on the corbally/pike game?
huge result for corbally(not disrespect to corbally but a huge shock as well)

Very poor performance from pike,went a goal down and then took a 2 1 lead and should have put corbally away but they didn't,corbally got an equaliser and the winner was as funny as can be,corbally player receiving treatment on the sideline when a ball broke out by him,he ran onto pitch without any prompt from ref and he crossed for corbally player to score,bizarre really,pike then missed a pen near end but had numerous chances to score,but that's football,corbally worked their socks off,corbally sideline were roaring for ref to blow up game when he didn't play any injury time for the corbally players going down with cramp,and there was plenty of them.

Man on
12/09/2012, 10:12 AM
The pike vs corbally match was an entertaining affair which came to life after the break. Pike led 2v1 at break but corbally missed a good chance just on the stroke of half time which could be considered a good save by Neville but a miss by Corbally.

Pike played the long ball a lot of times from the back which suited Corbally who defended everything in the air very well. when pike got the ball down they looked good with slick passing. Corballys second goal was a good counter attacking goal with a great cross coming in from the wing which enright failed to deal with the ball broke to O'Sullivan who was very calm rounding Neville and stroking into the empty net

This was a que for the pike bench to put on rose tinted glasses and give the ref a barage of abuse for every incident. There was a number of late challenges that went unpunished by a number of pike players not too serious but late. There sideline were hysterical , the only calm man was Declan Considine who had to warn Borris twice about been on a yellow.

Corbally had good pace on the wings and anytime they got the ball out wide they seemed to be able to turn pike. The third goal again came from a break when a cross from the right from Corbally took out the Pike centre backs. The Corbally player in my opinion took the wrong option and cut back inside but the pike full back was not strong enough in the tackle and the corbally player stroked past neville. Nearly all the Corbally team ran to celebrate and with five players still well inside the pike half Mikey Bourke restarted the game which was unbelievable.

He was giving a lot of debatable decisions to pike , the penealty was never a penalty and if it was corbally should have had one minutes later. The penalty was awful and blazed over. As can be imagined pike piled on the pressure and the corbally keeper made a fantastic save from Barry late on. Corbally back four were superb under the high ball and crosses , they were stretched at times when the ball was on the deck. But the played good football , this was no fluke to score three goals in the pike field is a great achievement.

The corbally line after the match were like they won the league and who could blame them

Zizou
12/09/2012, 10:43 AM
Pike lineup and subs?

don't panic
12/09/2012, 2:26 PM
I feel sorry for the management and the core group of players at Hibs, they have been let down by an ego, who jumped ship after a couple of games and by certain players who simply can't stay in on a Saturday night

Fairkop
12/09/2012, 3:00 PM
a very unexpected win for corbally and in pikes backyard as well you would have got some price on that i,d say.super 3pts for them.there are many forms of ..cramp...and some pike players are very familar with them especially the one at least one of their players always seems to get when they score a lead goal in a big cup game.

Hibs7772
12/09/2012, 4:29 PM
I feel sorry for the management and the core group of players at Hibs, they have been let down by an ego, who jumped ship after a couple of games and by certain players who simply can't stay in on a Saturday night
What players cant stay in on a Saturday night? I wasn't aware that there was any players going out. First statement is true though, if one of your better players leaves its going to make a hard task even more difficult.

don't panic
12/09/2012, 8:03 PM
not naming players. Most soccer loving people in Shannon know who they are. And as for the other one, very surprised the club still have anything to do with him.

Hollywood Hogan
12/09/2012, 8:12 PM
Ego's will always jump ship when things are going wrong for the team or them. Always been the way, not just a problem in shannon. Has also effected every team in town even pike, boro and d view!

hotspur
12/09/2012, 9:22 PM
a very unexpected win for corbally and in pikes backyard as well you would have got some price on that i,d say.super 3pts for them.there are many forms of ..cramp...and some pike players are very familar with them especially the one at least one of their players always seems to get when they score a lead goal in a big cup game.

Fair enough,but don't start whinging for the ref to blow it up when at least 5 or 6 players received treatment for cramp then,good win for corbally and best of luck to them.

booster 03
12/09/2012, 9:34 PM
Fair enough,but don't start whinging for the ref to blow it up when at least 5 or 6 players received treatment for cramp then,good win for corbally and best of luck to them.

Cos pike never do it..

old git
12/09/2012, 10:27 PM

lads will always go out on a saturday night if players let club down by going out on the saturday night the manager should discipline them.. think it goes a bit deeper than trying to blame one player for all hibs problems so far it also seems strange that a club that gets promoted to premier league then loses 3 players (including their player of the year) to shannon town a division below them and only 1 player of their under 19 team stays with club ? and unfortunatly lets be honest at the moment neither hibs or shannon town have a team capable of competing in the premier league.

dirtfree
12/09/2012, 11:24 PM
It's fairly obvious hibs have a management problem so..I think when a club loses players to their local rivals like hibs have done this year then questions should be asked about the manager before its matamatecially too late..for instance why would Gary Higgins go back playing with hibs B when A team are in premier.. Also your point about Shannon town or hibs not being good enough to stay in premier I'd totally agree but from what I've seen of both this year town have a better set up at youths and at underage level and would have a better future,

DSMALL1
13/09/2012, 7:46 AM
The problem with Park rangers is in the last ten - twelve years is they have always got mercenaries in to play for the club. Paying a manager and players some years ago put that club back twenty years!!!

If you joined all the teams in Shannon together they would still struggle to stay in the premier never mind compete.The players just arent in Shannon.

I dont blame the players for going out on a Saturday night, when your going to get thumped on the Sunday morning. Last year when they were in 1A you would hardly see them out on a Sat night.
I know a lot of players in the premier and plenty would have a few pints / Drinks at home on a Sat night.
Life cant stop because your playing in the Premier !!! But of course you should look after yourself the night before a match.( not take the **** )

DSMALL1
13/09/2012, 7:49 AM
The problem with Park rangers is in the last ten - twelve years is they have always got mercenaries in to play for the club. Paying a manager and players some years ago put that club back twenty years!!!

If you joined all the teams in Shannon together they would still struggle to stay in the premier never mind compete.The players just arent in Shannon.

I dont blame the players for going out on a Saturday night, when your going to get thumped on the Sunday morning. Last year when they were in 1A you would hardly see them out on a Sat night.
I know a lot of players in the premier and plenty would have a few pints / Drinks at home on a Sat night.
Life cant stop because your playing in the Premier !!! But of course you should look after yourself the night before a match.( not take the p**s )

CupWinner99
13/09/2012, 8:40 AM
It's fairly obvious hibs have a management problem so..I think when a club loses players to their local rivals like hibs have done this year then questions should be asked about the manager before its matamatecially too late..for instance why would Gary Higgins go back playing with hibs B when A team are in premier.. Also your point about Shannon town or hibs not being good enough to stay in premier I'd totally agree but from what I've seen of both this year town have a better set up at youths and at underage level and would have a better future,

When Shannontown were in the Premier they lost players to Hibs who were in 1A so there is an issue there with lads' attitudes towards playing top teams every week. It was always going to be a struggle, I certainly wouldn't be questioning management. Shannontown have always had a good youth set up going back through the years, far better than Hibs (formerly Park Rangers), problem was the good players all left to join Park Rangers who were consistently in the top half of the Premier division not so long ago. These days, lads just chop and change because there isn't one stand out team out there.

hotspur
13/09/2012, 8:58 AM
When Shannontown were in the Premier they lost players to Hibs who were in 1A so there is an issue there with lads' attitudes towards playing top teams every week. It was always going to be a struggle, I certainly wouldn't be questioning management. Shannontown have always had a good youth set up going back through the years, far better than Hibs (formerly Park Rangers), problem was the good players all left to join Park Rangers who were consistently in the top half of the Premier division not so long ago. These days, lads just chop and change because there isn't one stand out team out there.

No disrespect to the players there at the moment,but even years ago when park were prem the better players always left to play in the city with the bigger clubs,ie,Paul Carr,Brendan o'mara,Phil Purcell,mick dowling,Frankie Nolan etc.so there always has been a problem there with park losing players.

old git
13/09/2012, 9:52 AM

dont agree with that you can have a better set up with youths underage and you still cannot guarantee these players will stay with club when they reach 18 you cannot play them all and they will get frustrated standing on the line watching games and will look to move on to get games with other teams , shannon town always had great underage set up but they have still not produced players to stay with club and make them an established premier league team ?

don't panic
13/09/2012, 12:40 PM
Another major problem for hibs, is that most "Park" people think it's just newtown in a different jersey and from what i can gather this is driving people to send their kids to shannon town. not really up to speed with schoolboy soccer but from what i hear hibs are really struggling to field teams.... after Park & newtown joined together they should have been far stronger than town. I think the whole amalgamation has been a disaster?.....Any opinions?

old git
13/09/2012, 3:23 PM
Another major problem for hibs, is that most "Park" people think it's just newtown in a different jersey and from what i can gather this is driving people to send their kids to shannon town. not really up to speed with schoolboy soccer but from what i hear hibs are really struggling to field teams.... after Park & newtown joined together they should have been far stronger than town. I think the whole amalgamation has been a disaster?.....Any opinions?

i think when amalgamation happened you lost alot more newtown people as they thought it it was park in a different jersey !! two sides of the story here driving kids to shannon town they have been almagamted now 3-4 years and have dont think to many parents drove kids out of club. why would they two grounds at riverside / ballycasey with changing rooms / showers etc containng 3 pitches at each ground A team in premier league ( struggling) B team promoted last couple of years , shannon town 2 pitches 1 shed to change in with no water , A team & B teams in DIVISIONS BELOW both hibs teams :confused: and rumours around shannon town pulling 2 schoolboys team soon out of league so .. and shannon town ( hearsay) approached hibs not so long ago to try and amalgamate so it looks like soccer overall in shannon is struggling

Second
13/09/2012, 3:50 PM
Lads in fairness this is limerick premier forum not shannon utd forum .I think everyone will agree, old git your some man for the hearsay !!

old git
13/09/2012, 7:10 PM
Lads in fairness this is limerick premier forum not shannon utd forum .I think everyone will agree, old git your some man for the hearsay !!

sure alot of other posts on here are mostly hearsay or just plain s**t stirring. you hear so many stories and rumours these days :p

don't panic
13/09/2012, 7:41 PM
Only repeating what I'm hearing, i heard they pulled two "B" teams, 16s & 15s I think. I was told that town have over 200 kids playing for them, where as hibs have around 70. And I certainly wouldn't be boasting about any of the so called pitches (bogs) that we have. I only asked what I thought was a very relevant question

mrman
14/09/2012, 8:49 AM

no people dont agree with you, shhn hibs are part of the premier and are entitled to talk on here as much as any other premier team and its sad to hear of any club struggling but unfortunally most clubs are struggling in some form or other,

AC Melon
14/09/2012, 12:45 PM
Cant really blame hibs losing to players going out on saturday nights.. as far as i know its very rare to see any of the players out on a saturday night, once hibs concede in a game they seem to drop the heads as if the game is over... its simply down to there confidence and there isnt much confidence within the team, games ive watch vs annacotty and wembley hibs could and should of got points from but as i said once they concede the ref might aswell blow the whistle because they seem to drop the heads...nothing to lose at this stage so hopefully they get a few points on the board..whats peoples opinions on hibs getting points this season?

KUFCMan
14/09/2012, 12:51 PM
Is there a website with league tables for the Limerick Junior Leagues Tables and Results etc?

prawnsandwich2
14/09/2012, 1:02 PM
Is there a website with league tables for the Limerick Junior Leagues Tables and Results etc?

limerickjuniorsoccer.com
but also put in tables at the end...there is some problem accessing from the site itself.
if you put tables at the end of the website address,it should go straight into it.
how are ye getting on this year?

abbeyvale
14/09/2012, 1:07 PM

what limerick table to you require sir?

KUFCMan
14/09/2012, 1:33 PM
I had it saved Prawnsandwich but all I get now is a blank page.Can u forward a link please.
Well abbeyvale I see u always post tables under each forum which is a great help but I was just looking for a website for quickness.

Kilbarrack have won 4 out 5 games so far and are stonger this yr as we got 4 players from local rivals Baldoyle.But alas Sheriff Yc have also got stronger and are unbeaten so were chasing them again.We would hope for another run in The FAI Junior Cup.

passandmove
14/09/2012, 2:00 PM
Ac Melon can you please explain how you think hibs should have got something from wembley game which finished 5 1??Best ive heard in a long time!!!!

prawnsandwich2
14/09/2012, 2:09 PM
I had it saved Prawnsandwich but all I get now is a blank page.Can u forward a link please.
Well abbeyvale I see u always post tables under each forum which is a great help but I was just looking for a website for quickness.

Kilbarrack have won 4 out 5 games so far and are stonger this yr as we got 4 players from local rivals Baldoyle.But alas Sheriff Yc have also got stronger and are unbeaten so were chasing them again.We would hope for another run in The FAI Junior Cup.
team to beat is sheriff so...some side last year.
think they are 4/1 in pp,and, if they have added to their squad,they are good value at those odds.
front runner in the limerick league,as it has been for several seasons now, are pike.
shock result alright last thurs.,when they were beaten at home by corbally.
next would be Carew park and fairview, while current MJC champs janesboro,having made some big signings this year,are struggling.
geraldines,having just been promoted,are also tipping along nicely,and would be a tough place to get a result out of in either the provincial or national cups.
ballananty are very hard to fathom.
can beat or match the best in town,or can struggle against the so called smaller teams in the division.
pike would be hard to beat home or away,where as the rest mentioned would be tough draws,if you get them away.
early days yet however

AC Melon
14/09/2012, 2:14 PM
Ac Melon can you please explain how you think hibs should have got something from wembley game which finished 5 1??Best ive heard in a long time!!!!

well as i said hibs drop the head when a goal is conceded and they were well in the game 1-0 up when the ref gave a very unjustified free kick against hibs (which wembley scored from)...didnt say hibs deserved 3 points im pointing out from a team perspective that hibs feel they should be getting points against these teams...wembley deserved the 3 points and wish them best of luck for the season.

passandmove
14/09/2012, 2:20 PM
Fair enough Ac,ye have some good players,i taught yer two wingers where very good and the number 10 in the middle,neways best of luck for the season.

Hibs7772
14/09/2012, 10:58 PM
Ryan Kelly and Jack Kelly been by far Hibs two best players this season, Ryan with a great goal against Wembley!

Hibs7772
18/09/2012, 5:25 PM
Is the lowest points total any team has ever gotten in the Premier 4? i.e Summerville last season and Shannon Town the year before

Sea Bird
18/09/2012, 5:35 PM
Think Geraldines only got 1 a few years ago

oscar
18/09/2012, 6:05 PM
didn't Geraldines only get 1 point 2 or 3 years ago

Hibs7772
18/09/2012, 8:25 PM
didn't Geraldines only get 1 point 2 or 3 years ago
Wasn't 2 years ago anyway Because Shannon Town finished bottom with 4 points that year im pretty sure. Was 1 point the lowest ever then?

oscar
18/09/2012, 8:31 PM
ya until this year:)

Hibs7772
18/09/2012, 8:36 PM
ya until this year:)
Haha season is far from over yet

old git
18/09/2012, 10:14 PM
Ryan Kelly and Jack Kelly been by far Hibs two best players this season, Ryan with a great goal against Wembley!

definatly ryan kelly so far , jamie eagan in patches & seamus farrell impressive coming on as a sub he must be due a start with team must give pa devanney a mention not the best footballer but 110 % committment and its lads like him you need over the season to try and dig out a few results

Boroman
18/09/2012, 11:19 PM
is it true connie is moving to america

hotspur
19/09/2012, 9:48 AM
is it true connie is moving to america

Ya he's after getting a part in Dallas,I think Shane O'Hanlon is going as well,he got Cliff Barnes part,

oscar
19/09/2012, 3:45 PM
Shane would have to be Bobby:):):)

whats this thread coming to

Hibs7772
19/09/2012, 4:39 PM
definatly ryan kelly so far , jamie eagan in patches & seamus farrell impressive coming on as a sub he must be due a start with team must give pa devanney a mention not the best footballer but 110 % committment and its lads like him you need over the season to try and dig out a few results
Yeah Farrell has done very well when he has come on, getting himself two goals in the process. Think Jack Kelly surely deserves a mention in there though, his first season playing junior, playing premier when he's only 17, a few really good performances out of him in my opinion.

Boroman
20/09/2012, 6:28 AM
Ya he's after getting a part in Dallas,I think Shane O'Hanlon is going as well,he got Cliff Barnes part,

so its not true because its so far fetched is it

mrman
22/09/2012, 9:20 AM
whats the story with the Wayne Colbert saga Lads, is he gone to Pike or are Boro still holding tough and not releasing him, has the Ldmc got involved yet.

Boroman
22/09/2012, 2:50 PM
is that you wayne

mrman
22/09/2012, 3:10 PM
is that you wayne

not wayne at all son, is that you derek, well what the story is he still with ye or what

Fairkop
22/09/2012, 6:46 PM
why would boro not release a player,sure if he wants to leave surely the best thing is to let him go.surprised he is leaving especially as he was capped there recently which was great for him and janesboro.

Minesapint
23/09/2012, 9:19 PM
why would boro not release a player,sure if he wants to leave surely the best thing is to let him go.surprised he is leaving especially as he was capped there recently which was great for him and janesboro.
Players getting capped for a club shouldn't make a differance lots of players that have been capped moved to different clubs, is he gone from boro?, they haven't had a good start to the season how far behind are they in the league?