PDA

View Full Version : Licences 2011

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

BonnieShels
07/02/2011, 1:24 PM
With a month to go until the start of Season 2011 and with the pre-season well and truly underway does anyone know when the licences are supposed to be announced or would anyone closer to a club have an inkling?

Please don't mention fudge until it becomes very clear that Cadbury's has been ransacked.

Longfordian
07/02/2011, 1:29 PM
14th or 15th February I think. Somewhere around then anyway!

pineapple stu
07/02/2011, 1:40 PM
The 15th has been mentioned alright. Remember it cos it's one day after Fingal's opening Setanta Cup game (which could be our opener if they pull out).

Mr A
07/02/2011, 1:45 PM
Well UCD should be all right. Shamrock Rovers too I'd say.

Beyond that it starts to get tricky.

Mr Maroon
07/02/2011, 1:51 PM
The decisions will be made by Sunday the 13th. I presume the announcement will be on Monday the 14th.

marinobohs
07/02/2011, 2:06 PM
The decisions will be made by Sunday the 13th. I presume the announcement will be on Monday the 14th.

.... Monday 14th, Weds 16th, friday 18th and various dates after

Mr Maroon
07/02/2011, 2:07 PM
True.

Ezeikial
07/02/2011, 2:32 PM
Licences to be announced at 8.30pm on Friday 4 March (unless the Rovers V Dundalk game has been moved for Television)

John83
07/02/2011, 2:36 PM

Clearly, you hate the league. This sort of fan, dancing on the graves of assorted clubs, is why more people don't watch games. Even Rovers and UCD are only one bill away from bankruptcy. :turtle::hammer::beer: Damn, where's the "jealous" smilie when you need it?

Mr_Parker
07/02/2011, 7:09 PM
Licences to be announced at 8.30pm on Friday 4 March (unless the Rovers V Dundalk game has been moved for Television)

Surely they need to be issued prior to the commencement of the Setanta Cup as participating teams are required to have a current domestic license to compete in it?

http://www.irishleaguesupporters.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif

Red Army
07/02/2011, 7:24 PM
Can any the Galway lads confirm that when Galway applied for there one United was spelled Utd on the form and was returned?

oriel
07/02/2011, 8:15 PM

Why do you say only these two? I would safely say Sligo, Dundalk, Pats & Derry are all 100%, Bray & Galway most likely, Fingal and Bohs, who knows.

Terry
07/02/2011, 8:16 PM
thats bull red army, whoever told you that?

culloty82
07/02/2011, 8:21 PM
Once the licences have been awarded, will any firm decision be made on whether it is 1 down, 3 up or two teams promoted and no relegation? Likewise, the A Championship clubs have been left in limbo over their future next year, so once the league format is finalised, they'll need to know precisely what division they'll be playing in in 2012.

Sam_Heggy
07/02/2011, 8:49 PM
Why do you say only these two? I would safely say Sligo, Dundalk, Pats & Derry are all 100%, Bray & Galway most likely, Fingal and Bohs, who knows.

Oh....
Sweet....
Jebus......

Sarcasm is lost on the tinternet these days, not like back in my day.

Mr Maroon
07/02/2011, 9:19 PM
Can any the Galway lads confirm that when Galway applied for there one United was spelled Utd on the form and was returned?

What?

BonnieShels
07/02/2011, 9:20 PM
Oh....
Sweet....
Jebus......

Sarcasm is lost on the tinternet these days, not like back in my day.

I miss the olde internet too.

Ezeikial
08/02/2011, 1:10 AM
Surely they need to be issued prior to the commencement of the Setanta Cup as participating teams are required to have a current domestic license to compete in it?

http://www.irishleaguesupporters.com/forums/images/smilies/huh.gif

Sorry Mr P but you just don't get how it works down here.

Special Setanta licenses will be issued retrospectively to any club that sells two Lansdowne Rd vantage tickets by the end of the season.

Sell ten and the FAI will insist you are declared the winner (open to Irish League clubs too, apply anytime before next December 31)

BonnieShels
08/02/2011, 7:30 AM

Special Setanta licenses will be issued retrospectively to any club that sells two Lansdowne Rd vantage tickets by the end of the season.

Sell ten and the FAI will insist you are declared the winner (open to Irish League clubs too, apply anytime before next December 31)

How could it fail?

Red Army
08/02/2011, 9:50 AM
It was Mooney who was saying it Terry.

legendz
08/02/2011, 11:50 AM
The league will never grow with so much uncertainty over it and a good number of clubs. Coming from a region not represented by any of the 22 LoI clubs, I find it hard to take the league seriously, as much as I'll like to see the league develop. The FAI need to sort out the issues regards the restructuring of the league and make it clear how potential new clubs, especially from regions not represent, can look to join the league.

noddy102
08/02/2011, 12:08 PM
The league will never grow with so much uncertainty over it and a good number of clubs. Coming from a region not represented by any of the 22 LoI clubs, I find it hard to take the league seriously, as much as I'll like to see the league develop. The FAI need to sort out the issues regards the restructuring of the league and make it clear how potential new clubs, especially from regions not represent, can look to join the league.

This is all far too logical ;)

poster
08/02/2011, 12:16 PM
Get your red pens out!!

Mr_Parker
08/02/2011, 11:02 PM

On that basis Cliftonville are in with a great chance seeing as we have already been doing our bit on the ticket front for many years now. :smile:

However joking aside, I have read through the rules again and I believe it is quite clear that clubs entry into the Setanta is conditional on having a "current" licence and that LOI club licences from last season expired on the 31st December.

Nesta99
09/02/2011, 4:45 PM
I have read through the rules again and I believe it is quite clear that clubs entry into the Setanta is conditional on having a "current" licence and that LOI club licences from last season expired on the 31st December.

Details Details!!!
First rule of the FAI is that there are no rules (unless they decide they dont like you)

El-Pietro
09/02/2011, 4:54 PM
Cork City have applied for a Prem license. How many clubs need to fail to get them for us to go up? 4 or 5 is it?

Jofspring
09/02/2011, 4:56 PM
Cork City have applied for a Prem license. How many clubs need to fail to get them for us to go up? 4 or 5 is it?

You would probably need Drogheda, Monaghan, Waterford, Shels and Limerick to all fail to get them before Cork would go up if it was to go on final standings of last season. I know we wouldn't even be applying for it so you can probably take us out straight away.

El-Pietro
09/02/2011, 5:01 PM
Bohs would be another possibility. I can't imagine Drogheda in any situation being able to take a premier spot.

So if you say we finished 16th, and fingal are already gone. Limerick didn't apply for a Prem license, and Bohs and Drogs could potentially not be able to get Prem licenses (arguments sake) thats us up to 12th.

Not to be dancing on the grave of Fingal by the way. having been through this I know how tough this must be for their fans. And to be honest we're set up to compete for the first division not to play in the Premier, I'd much rather get promoted on the field

legendz
09/02/2011, 5:05 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0209/sportingfingal.html

Fingal could be opening one spot?

Jofspring
09/02/2011, 5:07 PM
Bohs would be another possibility. I can't imagine Drogheda in any situation being able to take a premier spot.

So if you say we finished 16th, and fingal are already gone. Limerick didn't apply for a Prem license, and Bohs and Drogs could potentially not be able to get Prem licenses (arguments sake) thats us up to 12th.

Not to be dancing on the grave of Fingal by the way. having been through this I know how tough this must be for their fans. And to be honest we're set up to compete for the first division not to play in the Premier, I'd much rather get promoted on the field

Ya most likely you'd be talking about Mons and Waterford up to replace Bohs and Fingal and Limerick probably wouldn't even apply so it would be Shels next in line and then Cork.

Agree, personally i would prefer Limerick to get promoted on the field. Wouldn't mind having Waterford and Mons out of the division though. If fingal are gone and there are teams moving up i take it Cobh are back in the first division.

legendz
09/02/2011, 5:09 PM
The FAI should press forward with 10 clubs in each of the Premier and First Divison. Retain the A Championship as a safety net for clubs who fall out of the league but can be used as a path-way back as Cobh Ramblers have been trying to do.

Mr_Parker
09/02/2011, 6:03 PM
Details Details!!!
First rule of the FAI is that there are no rules (unless they decide they dont like you)

But they are not the FAI's rules in this case.

Nesta99
09/02/2011, 6:21 PM
you know what i mean!!

Ezeikial
09/02/2011, 6:35 PM
Subject to meeting licencing requirements Drogheda will be in the premier with an amateur team

legendz
09/02/2011, 6:59 PM
Will Cobh Ramblers be invited to the First Division?

Mr_Parker
09/02/2011, 7:12 PM
you know what i mean!!

I do. :)

Sam_Heggy
09/02/2011, 7:36 PM
Will Cobh Ramblers be invited to the First Division?

Provided they obtain a licence, I can't see why they would not be invited back.

Finlay Harp
09/02/2011, 8:07 PM
Provided they obtain a licence, I can't see why they would not be invited back.

You enjoy the social aspect of Cobh Sam if memory serves me correct!

Martinho II
10/02/2011, 1:50 PM

lads ye have forgotten about my club longford town fc.. they are in a very good position financially (thank god!) and got a premier division licence last season and I am sure they will be applying for it again this season but I would guess that we would be low in the rankings to go back up unless a huge amount of teams pull out of the league then we may have a chance depending on the rankings!

Lim till i die
10/02/2011, 1:56 PM
It wont go beyond Monaghan and Waterford for the Premier place.

If Monaghan don't want it, Waterford will take it (even if they have to get rid of Hendo! :p)

Tis a no brainer for Monaghan IMO but whatever, I'm not privy to their plans.

poster
10/02/2011, 1:58 PM
I am sure they will be applying for it again this season but I would guess that we would be low in the rankings to go back up unless a huge amount of teams pull out of the league then we may have a chance depending on the rankings!

The season Longford and Monaghan are in the Premier would probably be the greatest season in the LoI's history.

legendz
10/02/2011, 2:07 PM
I haven't heard much talk of late about the expansion of the league to 24 clubs, 12 in each division. I still think 16 club Premier (2 series ~ 30 games) and 8 club First Division (4 series ~ 28 games) is the way to go.

Town Legend
10/02/2011, 2:49 PM
The season Longford and Monaghan are in the Premier would probably be the greatest season in the LoI's history.

Its not too long ago that we both were in the Premier albeit Monaghan only lasted the season but it has happened before! ;)

Sam_Heggy
10/02/2011, 3:28 PM
I haven't heard much talk of late about the expansion of the league to 24 clubs, 12 in each division. I still think 16 club Premier (2 series ~ 30 games) and 8 club First Division (4 series ~ 28 games) is the way to go.

8 club 1st Division? Are you mad? 10 is bad enough for fook sake.

passerrby
10/02/2011, 3:43 PM
sam please dont get him started again.... legendz please dispel the notion that clubs /supporters, media have any say in the make up of the league now or in the future, it is at the sole discretion of the one who must be obeyed.

legendz
10/02/2011, 3:59 PM
Ha ha, I've no interest in starting again tbh. I've had my say on it. :cool:
I just want to highlight that maybe the mooted 16 team Premier should be put back on the agenda.

passerrby
10/02/2011, 4:07 PM
what agenda... read the last part of my post the clubs have been putting options forward to the league since the merger they dont care what anyone thinks..

legendz
10/02/2011, 4:31 PM
The agenda, as I put it, is to do with the clubs vote last season and the meetings that were to be held before Christmas about it. I thought the conclusion was an expansion of the Premier to 12? Whoever the powers that be are, they should listen to the clubs and go with a Premier of 16. Before Delaney quenched talk, talk of a 16 team Premier, seemed to be well received in many quarters.
I accept your point though re. those putting options forward etc.

OneForTheFuture
10/02/2011, 4:51 PM
Do you want a 10 Prem and 10 1st Div?

or

16 team Prem and 8 team 1st Div?

Depending on what day it is you say something different!

legendz
10/02/2011, 5:26 PM
Do you want a 10 Prem and 10 1st Div?

or

16 team Prem and 8 team 1st Div?

Depending on what day it is you say something different!

Fair comment. Based on the 22 clubs at the moment, reduce to 20, 10 and 10. Long-term if clubs can be invited from the A Championship to make 24, 16 and 8. This is with a view that in time the First Division will expand to 10, 12 or more if clubs can come on board, while the Premier Division as the flagship league will remain a constant 16 club league.