PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 2A 2008/09

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

TopperHarley
03/10/2008, 1:54 PM
Hey guys,

For the people that like talking football:ball:,nothing wrong with a bit of banter but no name calling and abuse,
Cheers

TopperHarley
03/10/2008, 1:57 PM
2a Teams in action this weekend

Predictions

Castle Rovers 1 v Knockainey 2
Summerville Rovers B 1 v Newport 0
Aisling Annacotty B 3 v Knocklong 1

pedigree
03/10/2008, 2:00 PM
Hey guys,

For the people that like talking football:ball:,nothing wrong with a bit of banter but no name calling and abuse,
Cheers
good man yourself topper.lets hope we get a few league matches over the coming wks and we can get down to talking football.who from this division is playing munster junior this wk?any predictions?

pedigree
03/10/2008, 2:02 PM

Predictions

agree on last 2.think castle might take the other one

Easy Easy
03/10/2008, 2:11 PM
Good stuff topper,your a real HOT SHOT!!

Id agree with the predictions castle will find it tough against a Knockainey team that have had a good start to the season in 1b

Full agree with Pedigree lets hope the season get back up and running next week!

untouchable
03/10/2008, 7:36 PM
Hey guys,

Cheers
Cheers topper.Lets have abit of banter and at the end of it all wish each other luck.I agree with the other two,but think castle could cause a upset.Great to be back

lankyboy26
03/10/2008, 10:04 PM

Predictions

good to be back!!!
castle to lose at home to knockainey i reckon, but it'll be close. summerville to win by 2 goals versus newport and aisling to scrape a win against knocklong.
i presume the abbey v castle league game is a mistake on the limericksoccer.com website???

Dkid
04/10/2008, 9:23 AM
good man topper,like ur predictions!hope there right:eek::eek: did knocklong beat hyde 4-0 in fai?aisling and knocklong could be a close game.

untouchable u asked did i play football,ive played league of ireland 21s for 3 seasons,and premier so far from a water boy... il tell ya,so for a man with great knowledge of the game where have you played?

untouchable
04/10/2008, 10:26 AM
good man topper,like ur predictions!hope there right:eek::eek: did knocklong beat hyde 4-0 in fai?aisling and knocklong could be a close game.

untouchable u asked did i play football,ive played league of ireland 21s for 3 seasons,and premier so far from a water boy... il tell ya,so for a man with great knowledge of the game where have you played?
Ive never said i had a knowledge of the game,but i do know my way round the field.I will tell you the truth and ive never played league of ireland and all i have is your word that you have.I have played premier and ive played for dundee united reserves and been on the bench for the first team.I play now and again if and when my knee lets me.So like i said i dont have agreat knowledge of the game but do know myway round.

untouchable
04/10/2008, 10:30 AM
good to be back!!!
castle to lose at home to knockainey i reckon, but it'll be close. summerville to win by 2 goals versus newport and aisling to scrape a win against knocklong.
i presume the abbey v castle league game is a mistake on the limericksoccer.com website???
Can anyone tell me if castle lost a few of there players over a bust up.they will run knockainey close

lankyboy26
04/10/2008, 12:50 PM
Can anyone tell me if castle lost a few of there players over a bust up.they will run knockainey close
didn't hear anything about that.only know one guy playing for them. i know they had issues with managers before alright and one guy quit because he was gettin too much hassle

TheLastBoyScout
04/10/2008, 1:17 PM
Hey guys,

Cheers

Agree with you a 100% topper....

untouchable
04/10/2008, 3:13 PM
didn't hear anything about that.only know one guy playing for them. i know they had issues with managers before alright and one guy quit because he was gettin too much hassle
This league could have two of its title pushers fallen apart.I reckon over the course of the next four to five league games you"ll have the main pushers pull away.the two league teams that i HEARED were in trouble are castle and pallas,stress just heard this.

lankyboy26
05/10/2008, 4:50 PM
This league could have two of its title pushers fallen apart.I reckon over the course of the next four to five league games you"ll have the main pushers pull away.the two league teams that i HEARED were in trouble are castle and pallas,stress just heard this.
how did the 2A teams get on today lads?

untouchable
06/10/2008, 4:22 PM
how did the 2A teams get on today lads?
Back to normal on sunday lets have perdictions.Kp 3 v Hyde 1,Kilfinane 2 v Summerville 3,Hospital 2 v Ballynanty 0,Athlunkard 2 v Pallasgreen 4.

TopperHarley
06/10/2008, 5:31 PM
Kennedy Park 7 v Hyde 0
Kilfinane 2 v Summerville 2
Hospital 3 v Ballynanty 1
Athlunkard 0 v Pallasgreen 1

svillerovers
07/10/2008, 10:30 AM
Kennedy Park 3 v Hyde 1
Kilfinane 2 v Summerville 3
Hospital 2 v Ballynanty 1
Athlunkard 1v Pallasgreen 2

Can anyone give me directions to the kilfinane pitch from limerick

Easy Easy
07/10/2008, 11:23 AM
Kennedy Park 3 v Hyde 1
Kilfinane 2 v Summerville 3
Hospital 2 v Ballynanty 1
Athlunkard 1v Pallasgreen 2

Can anyone give me directions to the kilfinane pitch from limerick

-------------------------------------
Id agree with the above!

Straight through Kilmalock and its sign posted from there,easily the worst pitch in all the leagues!

Iddy
07/10/2008, 12:16 PM
Kennedy Park 7 v Hyde 0
Athlunkard 0 v Pallasgreen 1[/quote]

Kennedy Park 7 v Hyde 0
is that meant as a joke:confused:

lankyboy26
07/10/2008, 12:31 PM
Kennedy Park 7 v Hyde 0
Athlunkard 0 v Pallasgreen 1
kennedy park 4 hyde 2
kilfinane 1 summerville 2
hospital 2 ballynanty 0
athlunkard 3 pallasgreen 1

worst pitch in the division is a throw up between kilfinane and castle rovers. both awful pitches

Hyde Man
07/10/2008, 12:37 PM
Talking to the Hyde lads, they are well up for this game. Should be a great match, lots of tackles flying in, if its on what with the weather being so bad

lankyboy26
07/10/2008, 12:39 PM
Talking to the Hyde lads, they are well up for this game. Should be a great match, lots of tackles flying in, if its on what with the weather being so bad
it definitely won't be 7-0 to kennedy park anyway that's for sure!!! hyde will always score goals

TopperHarley
07/10/2008, 1:08 PM
it definitely won't be 7-0 to kennedy park anyway that's for sure!!! hyde will always score goals
----------------------------------------------------
The guys that sets up and scores all Hydes goals:ball: will be making there debuts for Kennedy ParK on Sunday........

Talking to a few Hyde players they struggling and they are worried about having the bare 11:confused:

Also spoke with Parks best player Joe Rooney and he said he is finally fit for or the first time this season that why i think they will hit them for a big score...should be an interesting game i might head up there on sunday for a watch!;)

the snake
07/10/2008, 2:21 PM

Maybe 7-1 with andy meehan scoring there only goal :D To be honest it doesnt look good for hyde with kennedy park having 6 former hyde players.Easy easy how many of these former hyde players playing with kennedy are starters.Heard colin mcnamara on the bench and all these days :eek:

TopperHarley
07/10/2008, 3:51 PM
Aisling Annacotty B 1 Knocklong 6

----------------------------
Bad beaten for Aisling last weekend?
What happined there?

crusader
07/10/2008, 4:39 PM

What happined there?

think a lot of teams will underestimate Knocklong this year. they have a very useful side with a good mix of experience and youth. even have a few players that have played prem. football. personally i think they are good enough to play a couple of divisions higher.:eek:

untouchable
07/10/2008, 6:55 PM
The guys that sets up and scores all Hydes goals:ball: will be making there debuts for Kennedy ParK on Sunday........

Talking to a few Hyde players they struggling and they are worried about having the bare 11:confused:

Also spoke with Parks best player Joe Rooney and he said he is finally fit for or the first time this season that why i think they will hit them for a big score...should be an interesting game i might head up there on sunday for a watch!;)
Dont no the lads that scored all the goals for hyde but if they can improve kp more luck.I personally think they wont make much of a impact,but with joe rooney back things could be looken up for them.And that 7-0 perdiction is so far off.Hyde lads always put up a fight,but too much of a fight could see the ref showen red.kp will let in a few.

lankyboy26
07/10/2008, 10:23 PM
Dont no the lads that scored all the goals for hyde but if they can improve kp more luck.I personally think they wont make much of a impact,but with joe rooney back things could be looken up for them.And that 7-0 perdiction is so far off.Hyde lads always put up a fight,but too much of a fight could see the ref showen red.kp will let in a few.
definitely agree with the above, hyde will score goals and kennedy park will always concede, it'll be a good game, personally i think kennedy park will win but by no more than 2 goals. Neither team will threaten to win title either or get promoted i feel

Hyde Man
08/10/2008, 11:43 AM

What happined there?

Aisling had a fall out. 6 players didn't turn up. Some of the C team were asked to play but none did.

Easy Easy
08/10/2008, 11:44 AM
definitely agree with the above, hyde will score goals and kennedy park will always concede, it'll be a good game, personally i think kennedy park will win but by no more than 2 goals. Neither team will threaten to win title either or get promoted i feel
-----------------------------------------
Couldnt care how Many we score or concede just as long as we pick up the 3 points on Sunday,

If we dont beat this Hyde team then we might as well pack it in simple as that!

Hyde Man
08/10/2008, 12:52 PM
-----------------------------------------
Couldnt care how Many we score or concede just as long as we pick up the 3 points on Sunday,

If we dont beat this Hyde team then we might as well pack it in simple as that!

A couple of Hyde lads working with me here. They haven't taken too kindly to this statement.

TopperHarley
08/10/2008, 1:09 PM
A couple of Hyde lads working with me here. They haven't taken too kindly to this statement.

Think Easy is correct ,Hyde have lost all but one match this season and thats with there 2 best players,what chance have they got now?
Kennedy Park should win easy and if they dont there is something very wrong with them,hope it goes ahead now!

the snake
08/10/2008, 2:27 PM

I think those hyde lads would agree that hyde are the underdogs with kennedy haven TAKEN 6 of hyde best players.Love to see hyde beat them just to sicken all the former hyde players now with the park.:p Cant see it happen do.Reserve ask the lads who have hyde got if they have any desent strikers will cause them problem there defence is poor.I THINK the hyde lads will know all bout kennedy players.;)

pedigree
08/10/2008, 2:27 PM
Maybe 7-1 with andy meehan scoring there only goal :D To be honest it doesnt look good for hyde with kennedy park having 6 former hyde players.Easy easy how many of these former hyde players playing with kennedy are starters.Heard colin mcnamara on the bench and all these days :eek:
should be a good game sunday.heard hyde have some fella back playing with them thats in his forties.are they that badly stuck?mac just aint fit at the moment by the looks of it. :ball:

oscar
08/10/2008, 2:31 PM
colin likes his breakfast rolls alright:D

TopperHarley
08/10/2008, 3:04 PM
I think those hyde lads would agree that hyde are the underdogs with kennedy haven TAKEN 6 of hyde best players.Love to see hyde beat them just to sicken all the former hyde players now with the park.:p Cant see it happen do.Reserve ask the lads who have hyde got if they have any desent strikers will cause them problem there defence is poor.I THINK the hyde lads will know all bout kennedy players.;)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I played with hyde 3 years ago with a few of the lads you cant really say TAKEN if they only played with Hyde for 1 season!
Only Park game i saw this season was the FAI game v Aisling, Parks centre backs were the best players on the field IMO!
Setplays and not much help from the midfield or goalie killed them!

the snake
08/10/2008, 3:08 PM
colin likes his breakfast rolls alright:D
Best manager kennedy park ever had ;)

the snake
08/10/2008, 3:20 PM
I played with hyde 3 years ago with a few of the lads you cant really say TAKEN if they only played with Hyde for 1 season!
Only Park game i saw this season was the FAI game v Aisling, Parks centre backs were the best players on the field IMO!
Setplays and not much help from the midfield or goalie killed them!

So your sayin there bad on setplays,there defence get no help from midfield and a bad keeper.Hope the hyde lads are listening.Anything else topper what bout the forwards probably dont help out the midfield enough :confused:

TopperHarley
08/10/2008, 3:27 PM
So your sayin there bad on setplays,there defence get no help from midfield and a bad keeper.Hope the hyde lads are listening.Anything else topper what bout the forwards probably dont help out the midfield enough :confused:
Cant really say going on the game i saw other than stevie Wonder would of hit the target more than the forwards

lankyboy26
08/10/2008, 6:26 PM
Cant really say going on the game i saw other than stevie Wonder would of hit the target more than the forwards
i think most people on this thread would agree that kennedy park will beat hyde.
anyone got any thoughts on the other games? the top 4 are playing against each other if i'm correct?
hospital v balla & pallasgreen v athlunkard
2 very good games there

Hyde Man
09/10/2008, 7:17 AM

They finished 5th last year. They have lost 1 striker, the right winger and a central midfielder. All new players are either midfielders or defenders. I've seen them play a couple of times, they are in the game until the first goal goes in and then the head drops. Not much pace in attack.

svillerovers
09/10/2008, 7:56 AM
i think most people on this thread would agree that kennedy park will beat hyde.
anyone got any thoughts on the other games? the top 4 are playing against each other if i'm correct?
hospital v balla & pallasgreen v athlunkard
2 very good games there

I think Hyde will win by the odd goal in 3.....Why not...Give the underdog a chance...

Hospital to beat balla 3-1 and i think pallas will win 2-0....

Easy Easy
09/10/2008, 8:38 AM
I think Hyde will win by the odd goal in 3.....Why not...Give the underdog a chance...

Hospital to beat balla 3-1 and i think pallas will win 2-0....
---------------------------------------------------
We have to win simple as,

Other 2 games i agree with the above,Atlunkard have had a few bad results lately so dont see them getting a win,
Hospital are one of the strongest in the league so should win on there own patch,
All been said i hope its two draws!!

lankyboy26
09/10/2008, 12:29 PM
---------------------------------------------------
We have to win simple as,

Other 2 games i agree with the above,Atlunkard have had a few bad results lately so dont see them getting a win,
Hospital are one of the strongest in the league so should win on there own patch,
All been said i hope its two draws!!
athlunkard have lost 2 games in the league already, both at home, can't afford to slip up again against pallas. can't see us losin, confident of a draw at the very least. hoping for a win obviously.
hospital will be too strong for balla. the balla defence is dodgy. hospital's defence is strong

pedigree
09/10/2008, 12:43 PM
summerville v kilfinnane should be interesting too.summerville are a good team that plays good football but going out to kilfinnane ye'll struggle to on possibly the worst pitch in europe.it lives up to the name kilfinnane forest.:p

lankyboy26
09/10/2008, 12:50 PM
summerville v kilfinnane should be interesting too.summerville are a good team that plays good football but going out to kilfinnane ye'll struggle to on possibly the worst pitch in europe.it lives up to the name kilfinnane forest.:p
not many teams will win out in kilfinane. they have some good forwards too. play good football. god only knows how they managed to learn how to play good football on that pitch though! reckon they could beat summerville but it'll probably be a draw

Easy Easy
09/10/2008, 12:57 PM
not many teams will win out in kilfinane. they have some good forwards too. play good football. god only knows how they managed to learn how to play good football on that pitch though! reckon they could beat summerville but it'll probably be a draw
-------------------------------------------------------------
No way do they play good football, kick and rush and foul is there game plan,
Very hard to get a result out there Ville would be happy with a point.

pedigree
09/10/2008, 2:07 PM
agree with you on that one.will many games be on if the rain keeps up?

lankyboy26
09/10/2008, 2:08 PM
that's a bit harsh now in fairness. just because they're a tough physical side doesn't mean they don't play good football. they scored a lotta goals last season and didn't concede many. away form cost them in the end. they'll be up there challenging this season

Roadend
09/10/2008, 2:29 PM
They were closer to bottom than top last year