PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Division 2A 2008/09

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Dkid
14/05/2009, 2:35 PM
----------------------------------------------------
:D:D Comedy gold on this website

:D its easy easy better say no more or he'll be behind sinnotts dis evening with a rocket launcher pointing down on 22 littl angels!

TopperHarley
14/05/2009, 3:06 PM
:D its easy easy better say no more or he'll be behind sinnotts dis evening with a rocket launcher pointing down on 22 littl angels!
==================================================
Dont think he was talking about Aisling?

slim-jim
14/05/2009, 6:48 PM
if you read the report that's on the thread
well a few of us seem to be having trouble finding it? so why dont you enlighten us.

lankyboy26
14/05/2009, 10:05 PM
Cup Semi-Final Result :

Aisling/Annacotty 3 Athlunkard Villa 1

Hugely disappointing result for us tonight. not a great game of football. aisling took their chances and we didn't. they deserve to be in the final. best of luck to aisling in the final from all the Athlunkard lads

da bishop
14/05/2009, 10:59 PM
sorry to hear that lankyb,you really do blow hot and cold,its on to next season i guess.

mundener
15/05/2009, 12:49 PM
sorry to hear that lankyb,you really do blow hot and cold,its on to next season i guess.

spot on.

20legend
15/05/2009, 1:02 PM
Cup Semi-Final Result :

Aisling/Annacotty 3 Athlunkard Villa 1

Hugely disappointing result for us tonight. not a great game of football. aisling took their chances and we didn't. they deserve to be in the final. best of luck to aisling in the final from all the Athlunkard lads

taught that was league game.isn't the cup not on till the weekend?

20legend
15/05/2009, 1:04 PM
well a few of us seem to be having trouble finding it? so why dont you enlighten us.

read what the BEGRUDGER.wrote oon page 26.

lankyboy26
15/05/2009, 6:20 PM
Couldn't agree more. we are brilliant one day, average the next. we seem to do better against the better teams. it just doesn't make sense that we hammer the best team in the league, then 4 days later we lose to a very ordinary Aisling side. in saying that though, we missed 3 one-on-ones against aisling,one when it was 1-1. 3-1 flatters Aisling but you have to take your chances and we didn't

lankyboy26
15/05/2009, 6:50 PM
Just heard that KPs semi this week is off
Kilfinane/Sville will have to replay for some crazy reason?
Will the Summerville v Kilfinane game be changed to Portland Park as it is a replay?

Begrudger
17/05/2009, 12:28 AM
Summerville 3 Kilfinane 2 tough game but deserved the win on the night

Dkid
17/05/2009, 11:13 AM
Summerville 3 Kilfinane 2 tough game but deserved the win on the night

so when ye down to play kp are ye home or away congrads on beating kilfinane

svillerovers
17/05/2009, 11:36 AM
It will probably be this saturday or sunday..Not to sure as we still have a few league games to play but i reckon they will want to get the cup over with asap with one team waiting in the final already!

Dkid
17/05/2009, 6:19 PM
It will probably be this saturday or sunday..Not to sure as we still have a few league games to play but i reckon they will want to get the cup over with asap with one team waiting in the final already!

yeah hopefully the final will be on asap!ye seem to be our bogey team these last few years,i think we've only beat ye once in the last 5 or 6 games,would be nice to get one over ye in the final if ye get there,have ye still a chance of winning the league?

svillerovers
17/05/2009, 8:03 PM
yeah hopefully the final will be on asap!ye seem to be our bogey team these last few years,i think we've only beat ye once in the last 5 or 6 games,would be nice to get one over ye in the final if ye get there,have ye still a chance of winning the league?

well if we win our games in hand then we will be a point behind pallas so we need them to slip up one more time..we will just concentrate on winning all our games 1st and see how it goes...would be nice to pip them in the end..here's hoping we get to the final..tough game against kp..at least we are at home..

kingpin1
17/05/2009, 9:36 PM
s'ville are on a good run.... any game ive seen ye play though ye have never had the same team... if there were a few more games to play i could see ye catching pallas... any truth in the rumours there are a few 1a and premier clubs sniffing around some of yere players next for season? theres some good talent down in 2A from what ive seen this year... heard rumours a few players have already been approached for next year...:confused:

lankyboy26
17/05/2009, 11:28 PM
well if we win our games in hand then we will be a point behind pallas so we need them to slip up one more time..we will just concentrate on winning all our games 1st and see how it goes...would be nice to pip them in the end..here's hoping we get to the final..tough game against kp..at least we are at home..
who have ye left to play in the league?

TopperHarley
17/05/2009, 11:43 PM
i think it cud b before on sometime during the week.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Yea KP play Pallas tuesday night,and Summerville in the semi thursday:ball:

lankyboy26
17/05/2009, 11:47 PM
2 very important games in the space of 3 days. bit unfair really on kennedy park

Begrudger
18/05/2009, 12:28 AM

Is this true never saw any fixture for summerville kp on thursday

svillerovers
18/05/2009, 9:09 AM
Is this true never saw any fixture for summerville kp on thursday

If the game is on thursday it will be on todays local paper..Are Kp playing pallas in the league..would be great if they could get something off pallas..
we have to play athlunkard,kp,hyde,balla,..Think there might be one more but i am not sure ...all at home..

Easy Easy
18/05/2009, 11:16 AM
If the game is on thursday it will be on todays local paper..Are Kp playing pallas in the league..would be great if they could get something off pallas..
we have to play athlunkard,kp,hyde,balla,..Think there might be one more but i am not sure ...all at home..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Yea we were told sat that the semi is on thursday,Pallas on tuesday and we want to beat them so we will go all out

svillerovers
18/05/2009, 12:37 PM
Yea we were told sat that the semi is on thursday,Pallas on tuesday and we want to beat them so we will go all out
Do go all out easy easy..And a draw would even be good for us ... ye will be all out on thursday night as well i bet....

Easy Easy
18/05/2009, 12:55 PM
Do go all out easy easy..And a draw would even be good for us ... ye will be all out on thursday night as well i bet....
Of course we will be all out,should be good thursday could of went either way earlier in the season,the best team will make the final,its down for Jackman on Monday 25th May 7.30

Begrudger
18/05/2009, 5:18 PM
Of course we will be all out,should be good thursday could of went either way earlier in the season,the best team will make the final,its down for Jackman on Monday 25th May 7.30

good luck to Kp in the game i hope its a cracker, but id love us to make a final this year we've worked very hard all winter for it but we'll be struggling to field a team mid week alot of guys injured and working away.

Easy Easy
18/05/2009, 5:25 PM
good luck to Kp in the game i hope its a cracker, but id love us to make a final this year we've worked very hard all winter for it but we'll be struggling to field a team mid week alot of guys injured and working away.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
whats yer pitch like Grudge?
Lotta rain still to come id say?

Begrudger
18/05/2009, 5:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------
whats yer pitch like Grudge?
Lotta rain still to come id say?

Had a look today and it was pretty wet but there is no game tuesday or wednesday on it so hopefully we can keep home advantage i'd say if there's any chance of getting it played they will with the final already fixed for monday

Dkid
18/05/2009, 6:38 PM
Had a look today and it was pretty wet but there is no game tuesday or wednesday on it so hopefully we can keep home advantage i'd say if there's any chance of getting it played they will with the final already fixed for monday

so if the semi is off thurs do you think it will be played sat,theres prob a good chance of the final been changed again would be great if it was on a friday to go on tear after it

svillerovers
18/05/2009, 9:33 PM
exactly...its a bad night to have a final to be honest no matter who gets there..players wil be working all day and then have to play a game and then win or lose they'd like to go on the beer and cant as they've work the next morning...Joke...thurs or fri evning would be great...a lot of surface water in portland this evening but we will see how the rest of the week goes...Home advantage is big here i think ..as mentioned it was a close game in the league earlier in the year!!

lankyboy26
18/05/2009, 9:42 PM
exactly...its a bad night to have a final to be honest no matter who gets there..players wil be working all day and then have to play a game and then win or lose they'd like to go on the beer and cant as they've work the next morning...Joke...thurs or fri evning would be great...a lot of surface water in portland this evening but we will see how the rest of the week goes...Home advantage is big here i think ..as mentioned it was a close game in the league earlier in the year!!
well sville, just wonderin, whats kilfinane's pitch lookin like? we have them away 2moro. bloody disaster if we drove all the way out there and it was called off by the ref...

Begrudger
18/05/2009, 10:40 PM
well sville, just wonderin, whats kilfinane's pitch lookin like? we have them away 2moro. bloody disaster if we drove all the way out there and it was called off by the ref...

It was ok on saturday not much water on it but a bit soft in places its well up off the road so i'd say it'll be ok,Get stuck into them and the small man syndrome will take over:)

lankyboy26
19/05/2009, 2:07 PM
It was ok on saturday not much water on it but a bit soft in places its well up off the road so i'd say it'll be ok,Get stuck into them and the small man syndrome will take over:)
cheers bud. we're missin half the team tonight though. mainly B players gonna be playin, chance for them to impress i suppose. looks like match should go ahead alright, kilmallock's pitch is fine as well so they mustn't get as much rain as us out in the sticks :)

TopperHarley
19/05/2009, 11:07 PM
KP 1 Pallas 0

Any other results from 2nite guys?

Dkid
20/05/2009, 6:48 AM
drew 1-1 with balla took the lead after 15mins we had must of the clear chances, scored a perfect goal in the second half and the ref dissalowed it for some mad reason,they equalised wit 8 minutes to go,very open game and good game to watch this time of season!

svillerovers
20/05/2009, 10:12 AM
KP 1 Pallas 0

Any other results from 2nite guys?

Heard Kp got a result all right..Great result for us..If we win our 4 games then we will win the league..Back in our own hands again which is great..wont be easy as we have to play kp as well...Well done and great result guys...Ye will be tough in the cup as well...

no17 fan
20/05/2009, 11:14 AM
fiar play to kennedy park, beat summerville and pallas this year if ye can get some consistency next year, ye should do well, have to make ye favourits for the cup on the back of that win against pallas should be a good game, most of the lads know each other,

Easy Easy
20/05/2009, 11:32 AM
fiar play to kennedy park, beat summerville and pallas this year if ye can get some consistency next year, ye should do well, have to make ye favourits for the cup on the back of that win against pallas should be a good game, most of the lads know each other,
Wouldnt say we would be favourites going away to the Champions elect in the semis is not gonna be easy,
Good game with Pallas last nite we had a big squad turn up so we could rest some key players and them coming of the bench was the differnce in the end
Pallas had 2 men sent of at the end when they lost the rag so there upcoming games will be tougher!

lankyboy26
20/05/2009, 12:47 PM
Wouldnt say we would be favourites going away to the Champions elect in the semis is not gonna be easy,
Good game with Pallas last nite we had a big squad turn up so we could rest some key players and them coming of the bench was the differnce in the end
Pallas had 2 men sent of at the end when they lost the rag so there upcoming games will be tougher!
Pallas seem to be buckling under the pressure. good win for ye easy easy fair play. we'd rather see summerville win it than pallas. there's not one ounce of sportsmanship in that Pallas team. when we beat them they had 2 people sent off too. 2 straight reds. at least we won't have to play them next season.

Kilfinane beat us 2-0 last night. they had a man sent off for a disgraceful incident when their player kneed our winger into the ribs when he was on the ground injured. he had to go to hospital after it. no place for it on a soccer pitch. must say that pitch in Kilfinane is a funny place to have a pitch, and it cut up really badly. their keeper was man of the match, made 7 or 8 top class saves

Dkid
20/05/2009, 6:59 PM

look lads we all said it at the start of the season that pallas would fall apart in the 2nd part of the season due to gaa and thats happening now,only for the got off to such a good start they would prob be mid table, its only these last few weeks they have lost a game or 2 and fair play to sville for getting it back into there own hands took alot of effort and commitment id say and best of luck to ye!

but how can you make kp favourites after beating a prob weakened pallas team its beyond me!well i know id rather be playing kp than sville in the final no offense but i think sville are better team hands down!

lankyboy26
20/05/2009, 8:26 PM
look lads we all said it at the start of the season that pallas would fall apart in the 2nd part of the season due to gaa and thats happening now,only for the got off to such a good start they would prob be mid table, its only these last few weeks they have lost a game or 2 and fair play to sville for getting it back into there own hands took alot of effort and commitment id say and best of luck to ye!

but how can you make kp favourites after beating a prob weakened pallas team its beyond me!well i know id rather be playing kp than sville in the final no offense but i think sville are better team hands down!
pallas only have 2 lads playin gaa. thats what they told us when we played them last week.

i know kennedy park have beaten summerville this season but i don't think anyone could say that kennedy park are better than summerville. summerville are a fine side and deserve to go up

TopperHarley
21/05/2009, 8:32 AM
Pallas had about 6 subs on the sideline so GAA had nothing to do with it KP should of hammered them out there 2, really dont no how they won promotion,
Games iv watched KP play Ville,aisling and Balla are way stronger

Easy Easy
21/05/2009, 10:48 AM
yer pitch ok for later lads?

Begrudger
21/05/2009, 12:05 PM
yer pitch ok for later lads?

It looks ok unless there's a thunder storm it'll go ahead

svillerovers
21/05/2009, 3:27 PM
It looks ok unless there's a thunder storm it'll go ahead

Its going to be a tough and close game...we are missing a few key players so we will have to see how it pans out!!!

oscar
21/05/2009, 4:48 PM
come on KP:ball:

mysteryman
21/05/2009, 5:52 PM
so what do we reckon lads, which players make up 2a team of the season

TopperHarley
21/05/2009, 8:25 PM
Summerville 1 Kp 0

Very tight game 2nite,little chances from both sides,Summerville scored after 80 mins from Darren o Sullivan,will be tough to beat in the final!

lankyboy26
21/05/2009, 8:34 PM
Summerville 1 Kp 0

Very tight game 2nite,little chances from both sides,Summerville scored after 80 mins from Darren o Sullivan,will be tough to beat in the final!
Hard luck to Kennedy Park. summerville v aisling will be a good final. reckon aisling might upset summerville on the day, just have that sneaky feeling their name is on the cup

lankyboy26
21/05/2009, 8:39 PM
so what do we reckon lads, which players make up 2a team of the season
very good question mysteryman. what players would you nominate?

mysteryman
21/05/2009, 8:47 PM
i duno, its a tough one, all teams in 2a have there strong points as a team, like work well together, id jus thought id put it out there to see what everybody says, like maybe nominate a player or two from your club that have been outstanding for you or if someone in the opposition has caught your eye. just one to think about and see what everybody says