TopperHarley
08/05/2009, 1:15 PM
Div 2A Lipper Cup

Hospital v Aisling Annacotty, 2.00,
Kilfinane v Summerville Rvs, 2.00,
St Pats v Kennedy Park, 10.30,
Athlunkard Villa v Pallasgreen, 10.30.

Predictions anyone??

I would say wins for Hospital, Kilfinane, St Pats and Pallas.

By the way, where abouts is Abbeys pitch?
--------------------------------------------------------
Hospital
Kilfinane
KP
Villa

lankyboy26
10/05/2009, 11:52 AM
--------------------------------------------------------
Hospital
Kilfinane
KP
Villa
Athlunkard Villa 5 Pallas United 2 (Result)

Begrudger
10/05/2009, 6:30 PM
Athlunkard Villa 5 Pallas United 2 (Result)

Strange result for pallas thats 2 on the bounce for them

Summerville v Kilfinane abandoned with 10 mins to go summerville were down to 10 men and winning 2-1 and their winger was sent off for a second yellow their player stuck a head in our striker on his way off the pitch and it all went off. After that referee called it off dont know if he should have but they had a big crowd on the line and they were getting rowdy before the fight so i think the ref was worried it could get a bit nasty does anyone know what happens now is it replayed in kilfinan is it at home for us or a neutral venue and is there any chance we will get the result because they started the fight after a red card

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 7:18 AM
Strange result for pallas thats 2 on the bounce for them

Summerville v Kilfinane abandoned with 10 mins to go summerville were down to 10 men and winning 2-1 and their winger was sent off for a second yellow their player stuck a head in our striker on his way off the pitch and it all went off. After that referee called it off dont know if he should have but they had a big crowd on the line and they were getting rowdy before the fight so i think the ref was worried it could get a bit nasty does anyone know what happens now is it replayed in kilfinan is it at home for us or a neutral venue and is there any chance we will get the result because they started the fight after a red card
Strange result maybe but the better team won on the day. it could've been 8-2. we missed a few chances. we totally dominated the game,apart from 10 minutes in the 2nd half. we went 3-0 up, pallas striker lost his head and lashed out on our midfielder, got a straight red

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 7:31 AM
Div 2A Lipper Cup

Hospital v Aisling Annacotty, 2.00,
Kilfinane v Summerville Rvs, 2.00,
St Pats v Kennedy Park, 10.30,
Athlunkard Villa v Pallasgreen, 10.30.

Predictions anyone??

I would say wins for Hospital, Kilfinane, St Pats and Pallas.

By the way, where abouts is Abbeys pitch?
Kennedy park beat St. Pats i think it was 2-0. and aisling beat hospital on penalties

square it
11/05/2009, 11:43 AM
annacotty beat hospital 5-4 on penalties 1-1 after full time 2-2 after extra time annacotty keeper went up to score from a corner in the last minute of extra time and then saved a peno in the shoot out STUFF OF LEDENDS

slim-jim
11/05/2009, 12:13 PM
Strange result maybe but the better team won on the day. it could've been 8-2. we missed a few chances. we totally dominated the game,apart from 10 minutes in the 2nd half. we went 3-0 up, pallas striker lost his head and lashed out on our midfielder, got a straight red. their manager never stopped arguing with the referee on the sideline, he also got sent off. all i can say is i hope summerville win the league because pallas are sore losers. they got a good hiding off us yesterday :)
was that striker the small fella with red hair? so how does that leave the table looking/now...

mundener
11/05/2009, 12:53 PM
The table looked the same before and after the cup matches....

pallas and sum promoted......

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 1:23 PM
was that striker the small fella with red hair? so how does that leave the table looking/now...
No it wasn't him, it was another small black haired fella. it was a cup game yesterday my friend. we have Aisling in the semis now

TopperHarley
11/05/2009, 1:32 PM
No it wasn't him, it was another small black haired fella. it was a cup game yesterday my friend. we have Aisling in the semis now

------------------------------------------------------------
ye home or away lanky?

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 1:35 PM
------------------------------------------------------------
ye home or away lanky?
away. and it's on this Thursday night. it'd be nice to get to the final, hopefully we can beat Aisling, but they will be very tough at home

TopperHarley
11/05/2009, 2:24 PM
away. and it's on this Thursday night. it'd be nice to get to the final, hopefully we can beat Aisling, but they will be very tough at home
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The semi on thursday?

Arent ye down to play them in the league on thurs?

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 2:30 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------
The semi on thursday?

Arent ye down to play them in the league on thurs?
Ya you're right. But they've changed it now i think. i'm only going on what our manager told us a while ago. i reckon the summerville v kilfinane result will stand and Summerville will go through to the semi

TopperHarley
11/05/2009, 2:42 PM
Ya you're right. But they've changed it now i think. i'm only going on what our manager told us a while ago. i reckon the summerville v kilfinane result will stand and Summerville will go through to the semi
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Dead right Kp down to play summerville in the semis Sat nite,should be good

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 2:51 PM
Dead right Kp down to play summerville in the semis Sat nite,should be good
That'll be a very good game. Athlunkard v Kennedy Park would be a nice final :)

slim-jim
11/05/2009, 3:45 PM
looks like Pallas are getting their blip at the business end of the season,best of luck,might head out to watch it

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 4:09 PM
looks like Pallas are getting their blip at the business end of the season,best of luck,might head out to watch it
Cheers. It's on Thursday evening at 6:30pm in Annacotty, the pitch behind Sinnott's I'd say, nice pitch

TopperHarley
11/05/2009, 4:24 PM
Cheers. It's on Thursday evening at 6:30pm in Annacotty, the pitch behind Sinnott's I'd say, nice pitch
Say that ye could take them there,that dump in Kilonan would be a different matter

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 4:42 PM
Say that ye could take them there,that dump in Kilonan would be a different matter
That pitch in Killonan is a joke. i think their C team are using it this season. you just can't play football on it. i don't think the aisling lads will want to play on it either in fairness, they like to pass it around a bit

briancool21
11/05/2009, 6:54 PM
We're looking forward to playing ye all next year in 2A lads we wrapped up the 2B title saturday..Caherconlish AFC

Dkid
11/05/2009, 7:05 PM
we had a great win over hospital yesterday!about time luck went our way SHANE DEER the legend.... unfortunately we have to play the semi on thurs gona be missing a couple of players!especially our striker derek caused havoc for the hospital defence,looking forward to playing athlunkard should be a good match, pitch is in great nic!

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 9:11 PM
we had a great win over hospital yesterday!about time luck went our way SHANE DEER the legend.... unfortunately we have to play the semi on thurs gona be missing a couple of players!especially our striker derek caused havoc for the hospital defence,looking forward to playing athlunkard should be a good match, pitch is in great nic!
Really lookin forward to thursday. the aisling v athlunkard matches are always good games with lots of goals usually, 2 teams who like to play football, and i must say those pitches behind Sinnotts are top quality. hopefully it doesn't go to penalties!!!

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 9:14 PM
We're looking forward to playing ye all next year in 2A lads we wrapped up the 2B title saturday..Caherconlish AFC
is that 3 promotions in a row? that's some goin. some good teams in 2A, next season will be very interesting. can't really see any team running away with it next season. tough division

Begrudger
11/05/2009, 9:19 PM
The table looked the same before and after the cup matches....

pallas and sum promoted......

pallas are up but summerville have a bit to do yet id give them a 50/50 chance with all the top teams to play and injuries mounting with all these games

lankyboy26
11/05/2009, 9:25 PM
pallas are up but summerville have a bit to do yet id give them a 50/50 chance with all the top teams to play and injuries mounting with all these games
summerville have to play us too and the way we are playing at the moment we'll give them a good game. pity we didn't have a full team all season or we'd be up there with pallas and summerville now

Grinder64
11/05/2009, 9:29 PM
Really lookin forward to thursday. the aisling v athlunkard matches are always good games with lots of goals usually, 2 teams who like to play football, and i must say those pitches behind Sinnotts are top quality. hopefully it doesn't go to penalties!!!

good win lankyboy and nice to see colin o gorman on the score sheet, good luck thursday

mundener
12/05/2009, 11:48 AM
good win lankyboy and nice to see colin o gorman on the score sheet, good luck thursday

colin o gorman?? is he playing with ya... hes some head of a ball

mundener
12/05/2009, 11:53 AM

That means liverpool have a 50/50 in that case.

lionelhutz
12/05/2009, 12:00 PM
That means liverpool have a 50/50 in that case.

I think he means a 50/50 chance of promotion, not winning the league

slim-jim
12/05/2009, 2:53 PM
is that 3 promotions in a row? that's some goin. some good teams in 2A, next season will be very interesting. can't really see any team running away with it next season. tough divisionyeah i think it is,with a couple of cup finals along the way?going to be a tough division to call next year,not sure who's comming up with them yet,between polish and knocklong

Easy Easy
12/05/2009, 3:00 PM
yeah i think it is,with a couple of cup finals along the way?going to be a tough division to call next year,not sure who's comming up with them yet,between polish and knocklong
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully not the polish,had enough of there diving and complaining last year!

briancool21
12/05/2009, 8:10 PM
We'd rather knocklong stay down in 2b anyway

lankyboy26
12/05/2009, 8:20 PM
We'd rather knocklong stay down in 2b anyway
why's that

lankyboy26
12/05/2009, 8:27 PM
colin o gorman?? is he playing with ya... hes some head of a ball
he's got 4 goals this season for us from centre-half. 4 headers. alan colbert has been brilliant for us the last few games, unreal pace, really gave the pallas lads the run-around on sunday and took his goal well

Begrudger
12/05/2009, 10:18 PM
I think he means a 50/50 chance of promotion, not winning the league

Summerville 5-0 Abbey scoreline flatters summerville

Easy Easy
13/05/2009, 12:46 PM
Summerville 5-0 Abbey scoreline flatters summerville
-----------------------------------------------------
Did Summerville get that win in the Cup?

20legend
13/05/2009, 2:45 PM
both team's should be thrown out,if what i read on this thread is true,that kind of cary on isn't on...

da bishop
13/05/2009, 3:36 PM
summerville have to play us too and the way we are playing at the moment we'll give them a good game. pity we didn't have a full team all season or we'd be up there with pallas and summerville now

good bet for the cup then.whats the story with not getting your regular elevn out every week.

slim-jim
13/05/2009, 6:48 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully not the polish,had enough of there diving and complaining last year!
i'd have to argee with you completely there Easy, their all big strong boys who love time to play it around,but if there pressed or not given time to pass it they go into "diva" mode and throw themselves around the place and look for yellow cards or soft pens from the ref

slim-jim
13/05/2009, 6:50 PM
both team's should be thrown out,if what i read on this thread is true,that kind of cary on isn't on...
and what's that?

briancool21
13/05/2009, 6:59 PM
why's that

There our local rivals plain and simple and we're sick of the sight of em haha

lankyboy26
13/05/2009, 7:24 PM
good bet for the cup then.whats the story with not getting your regular elevn out every week.
don't wanna get our hopes up too much but we are playin well. there's a number of reasons why we haven't had our 1st 11 players playing, one guy moved to australia, another midfielder picked up a horrible knee injury and needs an operation, our striker plays for young munsters and missed the whole season, 2 centre-halves work weekends and have to book days off work to play or change their hours, left back broke his ankle and other left back moved to dublin! on top of all that we've had 3 goalkeepers this season, all outfield players because our regular goalie joined fairview at the start of the season and we never replaced him. on sunday we had our best possible team for the 1st time this season and it showed, we played pallas off the park

lankyboy26
13/05/2009, 7:25 PM
There our local rivals plain and simple and we're sick of the sight of em haha
fair enough! knocklong are a good side though, they'd be a good addition to 2A

20legend
13/05/2009, 8:18 PM
and what's that?

if you read the report that's on the thread

lankyboy26
13/05/2009, 9:41 PM
does anybody know what actually happened? kilfinane are a dirty side in my opinion

no17 fan
14/05/2009, 7:14 AM

where is this report,would like to see how it matches up to what really happened,

Easy Easy
14/05/2009, 8:58 AM
does anybody know what actually happened? kilfinane are a dirty side in my opinion
Out on the cabbage patch pitch they are, but when they come into us they are like little Angels

TopperHarley
14/05/2009, 1:15 PM
Just heard that KPs semi this week is off
Kilfinane/Sville will have to replay for some crazy reason?

Dkid
14/05/2009, 2:04 PM
Out on the cabbage patch pitch they are, but when they come into us they are like little Angels

not only are ye the best team in the limerick but ye're rock hard aswell!little angels your some laf dunno that kid!bullet proof jackets nxt time we play ye:eek:

TopperHarley
14/05/2009, 2:17 PM
not only are ye the best team in the limerick but ye're rock hard aswell!little angels your some laf dunno that kid!bullet proof jackets nxt time we play ye:eek:
----------------------------------------------------
:D:D Comedy gold on this website