PDA

View Full Version : Tipp South & District League 2006/07

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

C.T.F.C
26/07/2006, 7:30 PM
Pre Season Friendly- Clonmel Town 1 Waterford Crystal 1

C.T.F.C
26/07/2006, 7:43 PM
Town and Crystal played out a 1-1 draw last night at the complex. Town were completely in control in the first half with impressive debuts from Goggsy Reade at centre half and a goal scoring return for the prodigal son Aaron Moroney. Debuts also for Michael Coady and some Polish bloke. Both looked comfortable at this level. Crystal came back into the match in the second half and deservedly equalised allbeit against a second string following a host of substitutions. Both teams rattled the woodwork on several occasions after this but a draw was a fair result. John Delaney did the honours with the offical opening of the new dressing rooms and all weather pitsh. Nice to see the the dressing rooms dedicated to the memory of the late Johnny Kane. Any news on other signings around the league?????

stephen07
27/07/2006, 8:42 AM
Another season in the making and the top two seem to be improving their teams again. Obviously enough we can see from previous posts Aaron Moroney has signed with the Town and a few more will more than likely arrive the rumour mill is going with talk's of another St.Michaels player on his way to town!!!

Paul Tobin,Trevor Cosgrave and an unnamed striker from Limerick are on the squad list for St.Michaels with Colin Bargary from Cashel also reported to be turning out for either saints or the villa in thurles.

Bansha Celtic not expected to start as well as their third place finish of last year would suggest.Loosing a few of their young players due to no youth team being put forward and already having lost some players last year that trend look's to continue, but maybe their new manager will have something to say about that?

What of Peake Villa will the good performances of old return....? Ted O Connor I have been told is moving to the Town?

If the top two continue to take the best players from the rest of the league it will turn into a farce,what we all want is a competitive league so whats the opinion of everyone else what players with the top two should move and where should they go?????

smellyfeet
27/07/2006, 12:38 PM
an unnamed striker from Limerick are on the squad list for St.Michaels ?????

Would the unnamed striker be Alan Barry..:rolleyes:
I heard that Michaels are after him..

stephen07
28/07/2006, 7:33 AM
That's the very man I just couldn't think of it. He is training with them anyway so I guess it's up to him to see will he sign!:confused:

smellyfeet
28/07/2006, 8:46 AM
That's the very man I just couldn't think of it. He is training with them anyway so I guess it's up to him to see will he sign!:confused:

Alan is a big strong centre forward. hard to get ball off him and is a good finisher. He played with limerick fc few season ago.

tipp man
28/07/2006, 9:14 AM
I'm very surprised at Tony Reade signing for Town. I thought he was Carrick thru and thru. Cannot believe that Moroney is described above as a 'prodigal son'. What has changed at Town that convinced him to go back. Charlie is still there. Most of the same players are still there.

Maybe I'm getting too old and I don't understand these things anymore! The mind boggles.

smellyfeet
28/07/2006, 9:25 AM
I'm very surprised at Tony Reade signing for Town. I thought he was Carrick thru and thru. Cannot believe that Moroney is described above as a 'prodigal son'. What has changed at Town that convinced him to go back. Charlie is still there. Most of the same players are still there.

Maybe I'm getting too old and I don't understand these things anymore! The mind boggles.

Still 2 good signings for Clonmel Town..:ball:

zizu's head
28/07/2006, 3:19 PM

Agree with you.
There were some horrible things said to him by Town fans every time he played against them!! Don't know whats changed

C.T.F.C
29/07/2006, 12:20 PM
Agree with you.
There were some horrible things said to him by Town fans every time he played against them!! Don't know whats changed

Lets just pause for a minute to allow the saintly Michaels fans to polish their halos:D . A delicate bunch of souls who would never resort to name calling????:D Aaron is Clonmel born and bred and obviously realised the error of his ways. I wonder how michaels supporters will react when he scores against them this year????? No doubt by acclaiming his sublime skill and his sportsmanship:D . As for Tony Reade- another good signing but by all accounts not the only Carrick player on his travels: trouble in the Carrick camp apparently. THE FUTURE'S BRIGHT- THE FUTURE'S ORANGE.

tipp man
30/07/2006, 9:12 AM
As for Tony Reade- another good signing but by all accounts not the only Carrick player on his travels: trouble in the Carrick camp apparently.
What other Carrick players are moving?

leather
31/07/2006, 8:31 AM
Clonmel 2 Boro 2 Not A Bad Match, Very Odd Ref...

smellyfeet
31/07/2006, 9:48 AM
4 all draw.
this was a great game with the home side leading 3-0 at half time.
Michaels scored 4 in the second half only for Newtown to get the
equalizer with about 5 mins to go

zizu's head
31/07/2006, 11:16 AM
Lets just pause for a minute to allow the saintly Michaels fans to polish their halos:D . A delicate bunch of souls who would never resort to name calling????:D Aaron is Clonmel born and bred and obviously realised the error of his ways. I wonder how michaels supporters will react when he scores against them this year????? No doubt by acclaiming his sublime skill and his sportsmanship

Im sure the Michael's fans will stand and applaud his talent should he score against them!! :D

C.T.F.C
31/07/2006, 11:53 AM
What other Carrick players are moving?

No other names mentioned although i do know that a couple signed for Rock Rovers. Defies logic i know but apparently its true:confused:

C.T.F.C
31/07/2006, 11:56 AM
Im sure the Michael's fans will stand and applaud his talent should he score against them!! :D

Lol- i wont hold my breath waiting for that to happen. I'll bring the camera though just in case. Surely a collectors item:D

stephen07
01/08/2006, 7:36 AM
Did anyone else hear that David Horan is signing with Michaels from Peake?:eek:

GreenLane OBFC
01/08/2006, 8:37 AM
PreSeason Friendly......Old Bridge 5 Carrick Utd 2. Carrick only missing 2 first team players Calf in goal and Minge Ryan. Great performance from The Bridge especially new signings Paul Shanahan from Town and "Whack" O'Donnell from Clonmel Celtic. Two goals from Barry O'Neill and goals from Jamie Kelly and Emmet Ryan. Bridge could do welll this season and maybe another good FAI run is on the cards.

Tipp Man 2
01/08/2006, 12:00 PM
Did anyone else hear that David Horan is signing with Michaels from Peake?:eek:

not true...Im a saints fan and i know Davy Horan is a peake man thru and thru.... plus he'd be competing for a place between james W and Paul B so couldn't see it happen

Tipp Man 2
01/08/2006, 12:07 PM
PreSeason Friendly......Old Bridge 5 Carrick Utd 2. Carrick only missing 2 first team players Calf in goal and Minge Ryan. Great performance from The Bridge especially new signings Paul Shanahan from Town and "Whack" O'Donnell from Clonmel Celtic. Two goals from Barry O'Neill and goals from Jamie Kelly and Emmet Ryan. Bridge could do welll this season and maybe another good FAI run is on the cards.

Im delighted to hear bridge are looking strong.. the whole league will benefit..havin town finish on 48 and saints finish on 43 points last season is a joke.. hopefully peake, bridge, celtic, and cahir coming up and all d others will provide big tests and make it a competitive league.. heres to a competitive league..... FYI great coup for St Michaels and the TS&DL.. The FAI will be holding an Amateur International game between Ireland and England on saturday 30th september in cooke park. will be a great occasion for James Walsh as captain and also hopefully for paul Breen and even Adrian walsh, adam mc sharry if all are selected for the final panel. lets hope so...

Tipp Man 2
01/08/2006, 12:51 PM
4 all draw.
this was a great game with the home side leading 3-0 at half time.
Michaels scored 4 in the second half only for Newtown to get the
equalizer with about 5 mins to go

was a great game... newtown not bad but defense a little suspect..micheals were all over d place in 1st half albeit they were missing 11 from the munster junior cup final squad..Trevor cosgrave and Alan Barry played with saints as well as james Walsh and about 6 of last years youths.

Shovels OBFC
03/08/2006, 8:35 AM

I reckon we'd be better off without the distraction of a long cup run, last year we coped because we had a great start to the season and were never really likely to through away promotion but this year priority has got to be survival first and foremost. Well within our capabilities but we probably need a good start again.
Agree with you on the new signings, Shanners is a big addition, Wack will score goals for us, Jamie Kelly got another two against Cahir last night and Chesh was class down in dungarvan.
The future's Bright, the future's Bridge
(not the same ring to it but whatever!!!)

tipp man
03/08/2006, 9:25 PM
Best of luck to the Bridge. When does the new season start?

zizu's head
04/08/2006, 4:25 PM
Best of luck to the Bridge. When does the new season start?

August 15/16th, Tuesday and Wednesday nights!!!

stephen07
08/08/2006, 7:41 AM
Last years surprise team Bansha Celtic have played two pre season games they won against St.Nicholas's 4-1, it has to be said it was a poor enough game and it will be hard to see St.Nicholas's staying up this year considering they had a near full team. Bansha on the other hand were missing about 7 players and still thrashed out a win.

Their second game came last sunday morning and got off to a bad start with two dubious penalty's being awarded to the visitors Vee Rovers inside ten minutes. This left Bansha with a mountain to climb and as the game progressed they came back very strong and were unlucky not to score with a succession of attacks in the first half.

The second half was hardly 10 minutes old when Bansha grabbed one back and a second was not long in following but the elusive winner avoided them and it finished 2-2. A good battling performance from Bansha who were yet again missing 6-7 key members of the team. They should hold their own this year but that's about it i'd say.

Has anyone any news on other pre season games?

Shovels OBFC
09/08/2006, 11:22 AM
Fixtures posted on the web-site for the first few games

Fixtures 15 to 23 Aug 2006

Tuesday 15/8/2006

Premier League all at 7.00

Clonmel Town-v- Clonmel Celtic (M.Freiberg)

Two Mile Borris-v-Peake Villa (J.Maguire)

Cahir Park-v-Old Bridge (J.Lyons)

Thursday 17/8/2006
Premier League at 7.30

St. Michael’s-v-Bansha Celtic (J.Hadnett)

Shield Division 1 (Preliminary Round)
Glen Villa-v-Rock Rovers (J.McKell)

Sunday 20/8/2006
Premier League all at 3.00

Clonmel Celtic-v- Two Mile Borris (M.Coady)

Bansha Celtic-v- Clonmel Town (T.Keating)

Peake Villa-v-St. Nicholas (J.Teehan)

St. Michael’s-v- Cahir Park (P.Keane)

Shield Division 1 (1st Round)
Draw to be made

Wednesday 23/8/2006
Premier League

St. Michael’s-v-Two Mile Borris at 7.30

Clonmel Celtic-v- Old Bridge at 6.45

Bansha Celtic-v-Clonmel Town at 6.45

St. Nicholas-v-Cahir Park at 6.45

C.T.F.C
09/08/2006, 12:24 PM
Clonmel Town 6 Ferrybank 0

Clonmel Town 3 Blackcastle 0

Clonmel Town V Southend Friday 11th @ the Complex 7:00 pm

Shovels OBFC
09/08/2006, 3:49 PM
Here's our progress so far, shaky start but were 2-0 nil up in Dungarvan before taking the first team off!!

Dungarvan 4 Old Bridge 2

Old Bridge 5 Carrick Utd 2

Old Bridge 3 Cahir Park 1

Old Bridge 3 Galbally 2

Old Bridge Vs. Evergreen Kilkenny
this weekend prob saturday evening

the 12 th man
09/08/2006, 4:04 PM
Btw,I gave the upcoming fixtures their own thread in this Forum.

Van The Man
11/08/2006, 10:01 AM
The new season kicks off next Tuesday night.

It's kicks off with a bang with a great local derby match Peake V Two-Mile-Borris......Now that is a game to watch. Haven't heard much pre-season banter about any of the clubs. Noel Byrne is back at Peake so I'm presuming that there will be an influx of players there, and I'm sure we'll see a few new faces and possibly old one's at that, not 100% sure if Dermot Finnan is back as Manager but haven't heard otherwise. Two-Mile-Borris have a few players back from their travels..namely Ken Ryan and Martin Darmody so they will be a welcome addition to Borris.

A GAME TO WATCH !

balls
11/08/2006, 9:03 PM
my prediction to how prem league will finish

1 clonmel town
2. michaels
3 peake
4. oldbridge
5. borris
6. clonmel celtic
7. Cahir Park
8. Bansha Celtic
9. Nicholas s

allab
14/08/2006, 8:57 AM
Fixtures posted on the web-site for the first few games

Fixtures 15 to 23 Aug 2006

Tuesday 15/8/2006

Premier League all at 7.00

Clonmel Town-v- Clonmel Celtic (M.Freiberg)

Two Mile Borris-v-Peake Villa (J.Maguire)

Cahir Park-v-Old Bridge (J.Lyons)

Thursday 17/8/2006
Premier League at 7.30

St. Michael’s-v-Bansha Celtic (J.Hadnett)

Shield Division 1 (Preliminary Round)
Glen Villa-v-Rock Rovers (J.McKell)

Sunday 20/8/2006
Premier League all at 3.00

Clonmel Celtic-v- Two Mile Borris (M.Coady)

Bansha Celtic-v- Clonmel Town (T.Keating)

Peake Villa-v-St. Nicholas (J.Teehan)

St. Michael’s-v- Cahir Park (P.Keane)

Shield Division 1 (1st Round)
Draw to be made

Wednesday 23/8/2006
Premier League

St. Michael’s-v-Two Mile Borris at 7.30

Clonmel Celtic-v- Old Bridge at 6.45

Bansha Celtic-v-Clonmel Town at 6.45

St. Nicholas-v-Cahir Park at 6.45

is there only 8 teams in tipp premier league??

allab
14/08/2006, 8:58 AM
sorry my mistake..

Van The Man
16/08/2006, 8:23 AM
RESULTS FROM 15th AUGUST 2006

Clonmel Town...2 Clonmel Celtic...2

Two Mile Borris...0 Peake Villa...1

Cahir Park...2 Old Bridge FC...2

Town dropped 1st points since last year, they had to come from 2-0 down to get a draw at the Complex in a great league opener against Kenny O' Shea's Clonmel Celtic. Cahir and Bridge settle for a point and Dermot Finnan and Noel "Bub" Byrne's Peake Villa take points in Newhill in a lackluster affair with Padraig "Foggy" Fogarty getting the winner on his return to Peake Villa after a season with Saints.

C.T.F.C
16/08/2006, 10:51 AM
A disapointing opener from Town last night. Conceded 2 early goals before they woke up and realised they were in a game. Celtics second goal was a peach- inch perfect cross to the back post and Steven Ryan stole in and buried a header. Town missed Barnesy's creative spark in the middle and the defense looked creaky without Shanners, Goggsy and Landers. Moroney led the line well and slotted the peno with ease. Definetly room for improvement though. Looking like the league may be a more competitive affair this year. Anyone have the scorers from the Cahir/Bridge game????

Den Perry
17/08/2006, 9:21 PM
A disapointing opener from Town last night. Conceded 2 early goals before they woke up and realised they were in a game. Celtics second goal was a peach- inch perfect cross to the back post and Steven Ryan stole in and buried a header. Town missed Barnesy's creative spark in the middle and the defense looked creaky without Shanners, Goggsy and Landers. Moroney led the line well and slotted the peno with ease. Definetly room for improvement though. Looking like the league may be a more competitive affair this year. Anyone have the scorers from the Cahir/Bridge game????

villa look to be back in form,won easily in borris,could be in the shake up.about time

Shovels OBFC
18/08/2006, 9:46 AM

Whack O Donnell got the two bridge goals, Pa Quinn and the left winger, who's name escapes me got the second were on target for Cahir. Good game to watch i'd say, I had a couple of dodgy moments with Pa Quinn's pace, came for a few when i should have stayed on the line but got away with it!! Whack's second was a peach into the top corner from 25 odd yards!! Anyone know the Michaels/Bansha result?? Not on the website as of yet

stephen07
18/08/2006, 2:26 PM
Michael's won 5-1 it was a poor game. Bansha went one up after a Paul Breen mistake on the edge of the box and Declan Peters finished for Bansha. Michaels were poor in the first half and never got behind the Bansha rearguard at all through out the game.Bansha conceded poor goals from set pieces where James Walsh done the damage with two goals, Bansha chipped in with an own goal,Gary Hogan scored and Colin Bargary (ex- cashel) got the best worked goal of the night.

Bansha missing 7 first team starters will not be too bad this year dispite poor start, Michaels are sound defensively but will struggle with no strikers worth talking about to get them goals!

zizu's head
20/08/2006, 9:46 AM
Whack O Donnell got the two bridge goals, Pa Quinn and the left winger, who's name escapes me got the second were on target for Cahir. Good game to watch i'd say, I had a couple of dodgy moments with Pa Quinn's pace, came for a few when i should have stayed on the line but got away with it!! Whack's second was a peach into the top corner from 25 odd yards!! Anyone know the Michaels/Bansha result?? Not on the website as of yet

Benny Ryan was the other scorer for Cahir!!

Van The Man
21/08/2006, 8:19 AM
Thursday 17/8/2006
Premier League

St. Michael’s...5 Bansha Celtic....1

Sunday 20/208/2006
Premier League

Clonmel Celtic...2 Two Mile Borris...1
Bansha Celtic...2 Clonmel Town...9
Peake Villa...P St. Nicholas...P
St. Michael’s…4 Cahir Park...2

It's starting to look all too familiar and even only two games gone this season. Saints and Town with impressive results again. One wonders is there anyone out there that will make even the slightest of challenges for these two again this year. Peake and Nicholas game was postponed, Nicholas couldn't field a team. I find this un-acceptable at TSDL Premier League level, that on their first game of the new season they couldn't field team !

Does anyone know if points would go to Peake on this occasion or would the game be replayed :confused:

C.T.F.C
21/08/2006, 11:46 AM
Town strolled to a win in Bansha on sunday and it could have been far worse for the home side if Town hadnt taken the foot off the pedal in the second half. Last year Bansha lokked to have a few promising players and i thought they might build on it this year. In the immortal words of Marvin Gaye "What's going on".

Den Perry
21/08/2006, 2:28 PM
those who think saints and town will have it there own way this season could be in for a shock next week. i fancy peake to take at least a point home from the complex. town very shaky at the back and villa have their house in order

Van The Man
21/08/2006, 3:37 PM
those who think saints and town will have it there own way this season could be in for a shock next week. i fancy peake to take at least a point home from the complex. town very shaky at the back and villa have their house in order

What makes Peake any different than last year....Padraig Fogarty signed back from Saints and that's about it....But still don't recon they'll feature in the shake up at the end. I haven't seen them play yet but will try and see the fixture in the Complex next week.

Den Perry
21/08/2006, 3:52 PM
What makes Peake any different than last year....Padraig Fogarty signed back from Saints and that's about it....But still don't recon they'll feature in the shake up at the end. I haven't seen them play yet but will try and see the fixture in the Complex next week.

new signings also include aaron ryan,gubbi jordan,ossie o shea and paul kirwan. foggy is the best signing in the league. will create numerous chances

Van The Man
22/08/2006, 3:03 PM
new signings also include aaron ryan,gubbi jordan,ossie o shea and paul kirwan. foggy is the best signing in the league. will create numerous chances

Fair enough, I didn't hear that they had any more signings. I haven't heard of any of these players. Possibly Gubbi Jordan for the North Tipp league, and if I can recall he previously played with Peake :confused: Is David Horan still a regular with Peake ?

I appreciate your faith in Peake this year with their new signings, and really do hope they, or anyone else, can make a challenge for honours this year, which in turn will make the league a bit for interesting !!!!

Den Perry
22/08/2006, 5:09 PM
no unfortunately davy horan is away in italy for the duration of the season. the club have signed three defenders to hopefully free up the attacking options. should have 3 out and out strikers now with ted o connor,barry ryan and paul kirwan. they must avoid positional tampering and give these players a run in their best positions. it is good to see the change in attitude with regards training and saturday night fever however,and hopefully villa can at least give the big two someone else to worry about besides eachother.

stephen07
22/08/2006, 6:54 PM
Town strolled to a win in Bansha on sunday and it could have been far worse for the home side if Town hadnt taken the foot off the pedal in the second half. Last year Bansha lokked to have a few promising players and i thought they might build on it this year. In the immortal words of Marvin Gaye "What's going on".

Bansha are in trouble at the moment they have alot of players away on holidays and stuff about 7 first team regulars in all. Knew the first two games would yield nothing but they have crashed heavily and the fact that they have lost some of their good young players due to no youth team and Eddy Grace gone from the centre of defence with a broken leg for the season hit's them really hard.Don't know will they pick themselves up only time will tell I guess we'll just have to wait and see them in a week or two when they are at full strength again.

Villa man
23/08/2006, 10:36 AM
Saw villa play borris the other week. Looked very impressive, totally new team and deserved to win by more really. They were extremely solid at the back and up front new club captain Barry Ryan looked very sharp. With the excellent Ted O’Connor coming back from injury should have no problems scoring whatsoever. Villa will fancy their chances of going to the complex on Sunday and coming away with 3 vital points. When they win on Sunday they will go 5 points clear of the defending champions!!!!

Van The Man
23/08/2006, 2:26 PM
Saw villa play borris the other week. Looked very impressive, totally new team and deserved to win by more really. They were extremely solid at the back and up front new club captain Barry Ryan looked very sharp. With the excellent Ted O’Connor coming back from injury should have no problems scoring whatsoever. Villa will fancy their chances of going to the complex on Sunday and coming away with 3 vital points. When they win on Sunday they will go 5 points clear of the defending champions!!!!

Ur sum-up of villa looks very good i think :confused: But I was informed that Barry Ryan looked far from sharp:eek: and was replaced near the finish, and for Villa to succeed this season O'Connor and new signing P.Kirwan would be the preferred choice up front with Ryan been the 3rd striker (it's only word of mouth I got) I haven't seen Villa play yet but hope to get up to the Complex on Sunday. O'Connor came on in the 2nd half so obviously will be a while before fully fit and as you say "will have no problems scoring"...

Your confidence is great, "when" they win on Sunday !!!! 5 pts clear after two games.....sher at the rate your going you'll have the league won for Peake by December !!

C.T.F.C
23/08/2006, 3:07 PM
[QUOTE=. When they win on Sunday they will go 5 points clear of the defending champions!!!![/QUOTE]

LMFAO- We might as well not bother turning up so:D