PDA

View Full Version : What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Jock MIB
22/01/2007, 4:02 PM
Hi Polo

I can feel your frustration, I had my first game in almost the same lenght of time yesterday and as a player in the lower divisions I know exactly what you are speaking of. I think that the introduction of the cups and possibly a new way to play them off will help the situation and I look forward to the FS proposals in this regard. It would not be a bad idea to have a meeting of the team managers of the lower divisions to discuss this so get your quills out and ask your clubs to request a meeting with the FS and LS.

I will ask my own club to write this week.

what position were you playing? :)

Limeref
22/01/2007, 4:40 PM
Can any of you give some feedback on the new division pages! the Premier 1A and 4B have been changed, the rest will be once the feedback is in. Be brutally honest as the changes are easier to make now rather than later.

OK,

The table would be easier to understand if it read

p w d l f a Pts

(drawn matches between won and lost)

also it might be easier on the eye if results were displayed in a tabular format (eg excel) as opposed to a list.

A list could be used to show next week fixtures and last weeks results

Just my thoughts

Limeref

Old keeper
22/01/2007, 8:44 PM
what position were you playing? :)

Hi Jock

The C team decided they could spare me to play with the A team yesterday so I managed to be on a side that lost 3-2 to prospect (In Goals)

Jock MIB
22/01/2007, 10:11 PM
you would had quiet time against us on sunday Old Keeper, because my team couldn't hit the target time after time after time after time.... you get the drift..... :)

Hoops 1967
23/01/2007, 7:45 AM
We havent had a match since 11th November in 4B. Thats 2 and a half months!!! And counting.....

I will say it again the simple answer is to amalgamate the bottom four divisions into 3A, 3B and 3C.. this will give teams more matches.

Everyone I have spoken to in my league from other teams and those divisions agree. Its not hard to do and we would gladly play in 4B for the rest of our lives if it just meant more games. We only play for the love of the game. Either that or we will apply to be the representatives of Limerick37... your call :rolleyes:

This isn't just a problem in the lower leagues, some teams in premier and 1A havent had a game since November. The problem is a combination of the poor weather this time of year and the FS's incompetence. Surely the solution to this problem is to introduce a winter break for the months of December and January, and to continue playing into June...this is probably going to happen this year anyway. The other solution is to introduce a summer league.

ffffff
23/01/2007, 8:05 AM
OK,

The table would be easier to understand if it read

p w d l f a Pts

(drawn matches between won and lost)

also it might be easier on the eye if results were displayed in a tabular format (eg excel) as opposed to a list.

A list could be used to show next week fixtures and last weeks results

Just my thoughts

Limeref

would agree definitely ...meant to say it before .P W D L..........

Jock MIB
24/01/2007, 10:35 AM
hi old keeper,

will the leagues 1b - 4a be updated soon :)

Old keeper
24/01/2007, 4:41 PM
hi old keeper,

will the leagues 1b - 4a be updated soon :)

Hi Jock

Yea But I'm just very busy at work.

Jock MIB
27/01/2007, 8:41 AM
hi old keeper,

thanks for updating league but missed one of our results in 1b

hlycross beat lisnagry recently we should be on 20 points

holycrossjock :)

3 Heroes
27/01/2007, 4:02 PM
Jock, I pm'd you, please check

Old keeper
27/01/2007, 4:18 PM
hi old keeper,

thanks for updating league but missed one of our results in 1b

hlycross beat lisnagry recently we should be on 20 points

holycrossjock :)

Hi Jock

I am having someone verify my entries and I am sure they will come up with the same error. Thanks for your feedback

Jock MIB
27/01/2007, 5:25 PM
Jock, I pm'd you, please check

did see mate, will get that info to you tonight or tomorrow :)

3 Heroes
28/01/2007, 2:04 AM
did see mate, will get that info to you tonight or tomorrow :)

Good man, ta

greenandwhite
31/01/2007, 11:50 PM
Was at the delegate meeting in the boro, the crap from the so called bigger clubs was unbelievable! tried their best to look like they were open to the idea but were the only negative voices and then said they as delegates couldnt make any decisions without their clubs permission!! thats a laugh. they need to look at the dictionary and see what delagate means

larrywhite
08/02/2007, 9:41 AM
Hi Oldkeeper,

Just wondering why there are no refs down for this weekends fixtures on the website. A couple of the lads at training heard that the referees have a problem with something. Any light to shed?

see's it
08/02/2007, 10:50 AM
the refs are not taking any games until Derek Olsen is freed...........

inexile
08/02/2007, 11:30 AM
why where is olsen these days?

Old keeper
08/02/2007, 1:41 PM
Hi Oldkeeper,

Just wondering why there are no refs down for this weekends fixtures on the website. A couple of the lads at training heard that the referees have a problem with something. Any light to shed?

Hi

I have no idea that there is, was, or could be an issue relating to the referees the fixtures were due for posting on the website and the referee info was not available so the fixtures were just posted, will fill in the ref's if time permits

larrywhite
08/02/2007, 3:01 PM
Oh right no prob. Obviously just idle chat. Thanks.

larrywhite
08/02/2007, 3:02 PM

The gardai at Henry Street would also like to know the answer to this one. :D

inexile
08/02/2007, 3:45 PM
you serious larrywhite? what is it alleged he has done this time?

Old keeper
08/02/2007, 9:18 PM
you serious larrywhite? what is it alleged he has done this time?

Hi

This is not the forum for this discussion, If you want to set uo another thread do by all means, but keep this one for the reason it was started

Bonovox
09/02/2007, 9:28 AM
Oldkeeper, I heard the clubs passed the LDL's involvement in Limerick37 by a big margin. What happens if the idea is rejected by the LDSL who haven't yet called a delegate meeting to get it sanctioned from the clubs?

Limeref
09/02/2007, 11:54 PM
the refs are not taking any games until Derek Olsen is freed...........

The gardai at Henry Street would also like to know the answer to this one. :D

Leave it out lads, please. How would you feel if referees placed posts about individual player here? It's this sort of thing that drives us (referees) bonkers!

larrywhite
10/02/2007, 11:52 AM
It was a ref who told me in the first place.

It is funny though. :)

the only 1
10/02/2007, 1:38 PM
lads there might not be an ldmc comittee soon heard some resigned last night surely there cant be an lim37+ldmc comittee is there a meeting planned by the 23rd on the say of the fai well oldkeeper?

Old keeper
10/02/2007, 7:30 PM
Oldkeeper, I heard the clubs passed the LDL's involvement in Limerick37 by a big margin. What happens if the idea is rejected by the LDSL who haven't yet called a delegate meeting to get it sanctioned from the clubs?

Hi Bonovox

I cant speak on behalf of the LDSL but the LDSL have been very supportive of this project and will gain quite a lot from the project.

Old keeper
10/02/2007, 7:45 PM
lads there might not be an ldmc comittee soon heard some resigned last night surely there cant be an lim37+ldmc comittee is there a meeting planned by the 23rd on the say of the fai well oldkeeper?

Hi the only one

You heard wrong if some one resigned last night! we meet on Tuesday nights and there were no resignations at that meeting.

There will always be an LDL committee so I would not worry about the L37 side of things falling apart The structures were presented to the clubs of the LDL and were approved, there will be another meeting shortly to demonstrate the finalised structures. The LDL are NOT running the L37 club but do have representation on the board.

The other issues you are referring to are in relation to the vote of No confidence requested by a number of clubs, it really wont matter as the people who run Junior soccer (Whoever they may be) in the LDL will be faced with the same issues and problems that the current committee face and will need to be forward thinking in order to overcome them. the way forward for all grades is by being united and having a strong voice when it comes to supporting clubs and getting increased funding and resources.

I do seem to detect a slight glee in the tone of your posts especially when you feel you are posting something that could cause problems for some group or other!! I hope I am wrong about that because my own opinion is that all soccer people in Limerick need to be united as for far too long Limerick Soccer has suffered by one faction or another putting all of their energy into preventing progress.

HuRya
10/02/2007, 9:20 PM
Hi the only one
You heard wrong if some one resigned last night! we meet on Tuesday nights and there were no resignations at that meeting.
There will always be an LDL committee so I would not worry about the L37 side of things falling apart The structures were presented to the clubs of the LDL and were approved, there will be another meeting shortly to demonstrate the finalised structures. The LDL are NOT running the L37 club but do have representation on the board.
The other issues you are referring to are in relation to the vote of No confidence requested by a number of clubs, it really wont matter as the people who run Junior soccer (Whoever they may be) in the LDL will be faced with the same issues and problems that the current committee face and will need to be forward thinking in order to overcome them. the way forward for all grades is by being united and having a strong voice when it comes to supporting clubs and getting increased funding and resources.
I do seem to detect a slight glee in the tone of your posts especially when you feel you are posting something that could cause problems for some group or other!! I hope I am wrong about that because my own opinion is that all soccer people in Limerick need to be united as for far too long Limerick Soccer has suffered by one faction or another putting all of their energy into preventing progress.
well said keep up the good work..nice to know at least 2 of us give a **** about Limerick football

the dazzler
14/02/2007, 7:37 PM
oldkeeper is it true there was a bit of hassle at the ldmc meeting last night some walked out and whats the story thers a no confidance vote being passed the 23rd the commitee will be goin will that affect lim37 if the new people dont want them in jackman have ye a garantee for the year or longer?

the only 1
15/02/2007, 10:13 AM
oldkeeper is it true there was a bit of hassle at the ldmc meeting last night some walked out and whats the story thers a no confidance vote being passed the 23rd the commitee will be goin will that affect lim37 if the new people dont want them in jackman have ye a garantee for the year or longer?

whats this about?

gaidin
15/02/2007, 10:32 AM
oldkeeper whats this about?

Are you actually involved in football in limerick?

Because as soon as there seems to be any bit of trouble either with junior or senior football you are on here announcing the trouble and at the same time it seems like your gloating about it.

Do you have a problem with the council in its current capacity?

the only 1
15/02/2007, 1:34 PM
Are you actually involved in football in limerick?

Because as soon as there seems to be any bit of trouble either with junior or senior football you are on here announcing the trouble and at the same time it seems like your gloating about it.

Do you have a problem with the council in its current capacity?

hold on i justed asked what is it about as i read the above piece thats why i asked the way you are goin there must be some trouble

gaidin
15/02/2007, 1:50 PM
hold on i justed asked what is it about as i read the above piece thats why i asked the way you are goin there must be some trouble

To be honest I couldnt tell you if there is trouble or not. Im not in the know about things like that. Its not just your last post though. You have been on both the junior and senior forums. And most of your comments seem to be pretty negative against limerick football.

Just wondering if you have a problem with the current setup(commity) thats all.

Old keeper
18/02/2007, 11:03 PM

Hi Dazzler

You dont really expect me to answer that!
The only thing I can say is that there is always a faction war going on in Limerick soccer and it has held all teams and clubs back in so far as the level of investment in the league has been very very poor. For instance the FAI and the county and city councils all over the country have agreed the location and funding for over 50 astro turf mini pitches, How many have been allocated in the LDL area? correct NONE. There are a number of clubs with space and facilities to have these pitches sited on their land but we spend most of the time we have arguing and bickering with each other when we should be facilitating soccer in the communities and representing the clubs best interests at regional and national level. Local personalities seem to be the only winners in all the faction fighting that goes on.

Limerick 37 has been set up to ensure that all soccer maximises it's influence and take on the available funding. If it is not supported by the Junior League clubs the only ones to suffer will be the junior league clubs who do not have up to date facilities and the young players who will be denied access to professional coaching in their own leagues and we will once again be reduced to seeing our best be exported at very young ages to other clubs. Regarding Jackman park, I have been on the development committee for the park for nearly 2 years now and the level of investment needed just to get the park to a level where a junior club would be proud to play there is huge let alone bring it to the level where we can play FAI youth and junior finals (the ground no longer qualifies to play these games as it is deemed unsuitable in it's current condition) So while the junior clubs do own the park we do not have the potential to develop it on our own.

larrywhite
19/02/2007, 9:12 AM
HI Oldkeeper,

Is it true that there is a delegate meeting on Wednesday night to vote on the the no confidence motion?

If the motion is passed and the committee is dissolved, is it true there will be no local football until the new committee is elected?

Old keeper
19/02/2007, 3:20 PM
HI Oldkeeper,

Is it true that there is a delegate meeting on Wednesday night to vote on the the no confidence motion?

If the motion is passed and the committee is dissolved, is it true there will be no local football until the new committee is elected?

Hi

It is true that there is a delegate meeting on Wed 21st Feb in the Boro club at 9pm. The subject of the delegate meeting is to discuss the proposed vote of no confidence in the "Chairman and administration of the league" regarding the committee being dissolved, there would have to be a majority of over 35 clubs voting to remove the current committee and if this happens I would expect (hope) that some interim arrangement would be put in place to ensure that teams are not affected by this latest issue.

greenandwhite
21/02/2007, 10:21 PM
Hi

It is true that there is a delegate meeting on Wed 21st Feb in the Boro club at 9pm. The subject of the delegate meeting is to discuss the proposed vote of no confidence in the "Chairman and administration of the league" regarding the committee being dissolved, there would have to be a majority of over 35 clubs voting to remove the current committee and if this happens I would expect (hope) that some interim arrangement would be put in place to ensure that teams are not affected by this latest issue.

I have to say the bigger clubs in limerick are a discrace. mike noonan is so focused on having his relation put back into the LDMC he has tried to screw the whole league and also had a few pops at the work done on Limerick 37. any one from pike should hold their heads in shame if he is representing yere club views. as for fairview heffernan just wants to have fairview as the leader of the big boys and anyone else would want to watch out if they look like the are doing well cause these big boys want the playground all to them selves. Paddy cusack organised this with the 39 clubs and was prompting malachy all evening telling him what to say. total bull****e balla whinging about being picked on all the time

Old keeper
21/02/2007, 11:17 PM
I have to say the bigger clubs in limerick are a discrace. mike noonan is so focused on having his relation put back into the LDMC he has tried to screw the whole league and also had a few pops at the work done on Limerick 37. any one from pike should hold their heads in shame if he is representing yere club views. as for fairview heffernan just wants to have fairview as the leader of the big boys and anyone else would want to watch out if they look like the are doing well cause these big boys want the playground all to them selves. Paddy cusack organised this with the 39 clubs and was prompting malachy all evening telling him what to say. total bull****e balla whinging about being picked on all the time

Hi Green and white

The matter is now dealt with so hopefully people can get on with soccer business rather than the issues that were being dealt with for the last few months. The league has appointed an interim committee chaired by the MFA so there will be no fear of any issues that arise not being dealt with. So it is now time to drop it and move on there are countless issues for the league to be concentrating on and as we all know nobody is expendible so the new committee will no doubt do a fine job.

the only 1
22/02/2007, 6:51 AM
Hi Green and white

The matter is now dealt with so hopefully people can get on with soccer business rather than the issues that were being dealt with for the last few months. The league has appointed an interim committee chaired by the MFA so there will be no fear of any issues that arise not being dealt with. So it is now time to drop it and move on there are countless issues for the league to be concentrating on and as we all know nobody is expendible so the new committee will no doubt do a fine job.

does that mean ur off the committee?

leather
22/02/2007, 7:04 AM

Surely you are not suprised by any of the above observations.Having years of expierence with certain members of council and dealings with some of the BIGGER clubs, .Back to the good old days when certain clubs can make their own fixtures and find out confidential info about any club that they want.. To the so called BIG clubs, thanks for the trip back to the dark ages...as for the other clubs(sheep) that were part of the 39 plus, shame on you for being used..

larrywhite
22/02/2007, 8:49 AM
I presume from the chat here that the committee was voted out last night. If it was its a bloody disgrace. How long before a new one is elected?

No wonder the FS put 3 weeks of fixtures on the paper. When did he ever do that before?

gaidin
22/02/2007, 8:52 AM
Surely you are not suprised by any of the above observations.Having years of expierence with certain members of council and dealings with some of the BIGGER clubs, to the good old days when certain clubs can make their own fixtures and find out confidential info about any club that they want.. To the so called BIG clubs, thanks for the trip back to the dark ages...as for the other clubs(sheep) that were part of the 39 plus, shame on you for being used..

Agree with all of the above.

The league was moving in the right direction and now its back to the bad old days of a poorly run league.

the only 1
22/02/2007, 9:09 AM
new one will be in within 3weeks

leather
22/02/2007, 9:50 AM
Just heard that old keeper has been retired... huge loss for the local game...
for you dimwits on the north side, the pro fulfills a vital function in promoting the league and acting as a conduit between the clubs and the league.. let all(78 clubs) welcome back the bad old days.wont it be great to go back to the sham meetings in Jackman and the to witness the real meetings being held in clubhouses by the real football people.... all this because an officer wouldn't say sorry...blood is thicker than water i suppose... cant wait to see who will now look after the excellent web site....Oh sorry that will probably discontinued as it "gives too much information" to us little people(the clubs)

see's it
22/02/2007, 10:07 AM
excuse my ignorance whats happened to the oldkeeper?

leather
22/02/2007, 10:20 AM
From wht i gathered, he has been relieved of his position, all codes for the web site given to malachy

a country voice
22/02/2007, 10:44 AM
The L.D.M.C. Committee was removed last night by a vote of no confidence in the Chairman and administartion of the league. The motion was passed by 78 votes to 21.
No discussion was had on the matter. The was a small bit of discussion on what way the agenda should run at the meeting, but then the vote was taken without any reason being given for it. Apart from a few comments that the vote of no confidence was in retaliation for the suspension of the former treasurer.
After the vote there was still no discussion as to why the committee had been voted out. The only discussion after the vote was as to who would run junior football in Limerick for the 3 weeks before the E.G.M. to elect a new committee.
It was decided that with the help of the M.F.A. (3 members of which were present at last nights meeting), that 3 members of the committee that had just been voted out, along with 3 members from the floor, would serve on an interim committee for the 3 weeks until a new committee is elected.
To sum up, the L.D.M.C. is now out of office, there is an interim committee in place to run football. Thats what I know.
Im not on the interim committee, so I dont know what was decided at their meeting after the Special A.G.M. last night.
The former Vice chairman, the former Fixtures secretary, and the former registrar are all on the interim committee, along with 3 persons nominated from the floor last night, and members of the M.F.A. executive.
Regards
A Country Voice., (or at least I thought I was!)

"Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything"
Frank Dane

leather
22/02/2007, 10:57 AM
Your Quote Sums It All Up...

A Disgusted Football Person

Dont Let Me Ever Hear A Limk Football Person Slag Either Rugby Or The Gaa In This Town.

a country voice
22/02/2007, 11:21 AM
Yeah ur spot on Leather.
Ive just joined a rugby club actually, might feck off to another code, see if this sort of bull**it is tolerated there.................
.........Although I probably wont, I'll just go back and re-double my efforts with my club, theres always room for improvement in clubs, always a need for volunteers, always a need for people who will put their time in for the good of sport in their local community.
I cant wait to see who from the outgoing ldmc committee allows thier names to go forward for election in 3 weeks time. I dont understand how anyone after losing a vote of confidence in their abilty to run the league could allow their name to go forward. I know some will though!
Anyway, best of luck to the 15 clubs that didnt sign with the rest of the sheep! I hope ye dont become disheartened.
A country voice

"The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want"
Ben Stein