PDA

View Full Version : What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Old keeper
08/07/2006, 12:08 AM
What do you think the LDMC should be doing for clubs in Limerick?

A face
11/07/2006, 12:11 PM
Possible develop a sort of business directory within the league so the league-friendly companies (sponsors) would make up this directory and other clubs, players, staff could choose to do business with those companies, thus rewarding them even further for their sponsorship. This would provide a bigger incentive for companies to provide sponsorship in the further.

Helping with sponsorship, either by getting a big sponsorship deal for the whole league and divide it equally among the clubs in the league, or by helping clubs get their own sponsorship deal by adding extra incentives to enable them to do that.

Be helping with the administration of the league and streamlining the administration that is involved with the clubs. Have a good online presence in my opinion is vital on this count but clubs/leagues seem to hold little value in it for some reason.

Providing a website resource to clubs, such as hosting. It think it would be a good step aswell to try and provide a website that can be updated by club officials as a means of disseminating information to the clubs players and staff.

Enabling clubs to avail of training, be it coaching, referees courses or even on administration or first aid etc. I would suggest that this be subsidised to some degree.

They should also be disseminating information on how other clubs are performing off the pitch, what initiatives have been undertaken and what degree of success have they had? What are the pitfalls if any? I would also suggest that this be tied in with a monthly/quarterly newsletter.

They should also undertake the development of a framework for clubs to work within. Not too far away from the UEFA Licensing scheme the eL clubs have undertaken. Definitely some sort of benchmarking, outlining standards or basic agreed requirements that clubs should adhere to. The objective here would be to have better governance within clubs.

They should also keep clubs up to date on various grants and schemes, which are available to them, what are the prerequisites? How can they be eligible or compliant for said grants etc.

The league should be looking to get as much exposure for the league and clubs as possible. They should establish good links with local and national media bodies and provide information to them wherever possible. They should constantly be looking to raise the profile of the league.

Just a few suggestions there off the top of my head. If i think of anymore then i'll add them in later on.

renovater
12/07/2006, 8:07 PM
Possible develop a sort of business directory within the league so the league-friendly companies (sponsors) would make up this directory and other clubs, players, staff could choose to do business with those companies, thus rewarding them even further for their sponsorship. This would provide a bigger incentive for companies to provide sponsorship in the further.

Helping with sponsorship, either by getting a big sponsorship deal for the whole league and divide it equally among the clubs in the league, or by helping clubs get their own sponsorship deal by adding extra incentives to enable them to do that.

Be helping with the administration of the league and streamlining the administration that is involved with the clubs. Have a good online presence in my opinion is vital on this count but clubs/leagues seem to hold little value in it for some reason.

Providing a website resource to clubs, such as hosting. It think it would be a good step aswell to try and provide a website that can be updated by club officials as a means of disseminating information to the clubs players and staff.

Enabling clubs to avail of training, be it coaching, referees courses or even on administration or first aid etc. I would suggest that this be subsidised to some degree.

They should also be disseminating information on how other clubs are performing off the pitch, what initiatives have been undertaken and what degree of success have they had? What are the pitfalls if any? I would also suggest that this be tied in with a monthly/quarterly newsletter.

They should also undertake the development of a framework for clubs to work within. Not too far away from the UEFA Licensing scheme the eL clubs have undertaken. Definitely some sort of benchmarking, outlining standards or basic agreed requirements that clubs should adhere to. The objective here would be to have better governance within clubs.

They should also keep clubs up to date on various grants and schemes, which are available to them, what are the prerequisites? How can they be eligible or compliant for said grants etc.

The league should be looking to get as much exposure for the league and clubs as possible. They should establish good links with local and national media bodies and provide information to them wherever possible. They should constantly be looking to raise the profile of the league.

Just a few suggestions there off the top of my head. If i think of anymore then i'll add them in later on.
You made alot good coments, and the the responsabilty of any league needs a good admin to run it, but also need the suport of its clubs to indorse any improvements it wishes to make ie like ground improvments.
Funding is everyone problem thou I think its hard for any league to find sponsors for its clubs. thou the league can get sponsors for it competitions, which in turn could be given as prize fund or tokens.
At the end of the day you the clubs are paying for a service and the league is responable to deliver

backodanet
17/07/2006, 1:47 PM
any when ur finish with that list Old Keeper how bout a roll of honour on the website

what clubs have won what over the years

Old keeper
18/07/2006, 6:56 PM
Hi lads

thanks for the feed back, I agree that there should be a lot more on the admin support for clubs and in fact I think that the HQ should have a full time office to support clubs with printing and grant application etc. On the training front there will be a new page for the FAI regional RDO to follow up on clubs requests and training courses. There will be training for secretaries and PRO's over the season and the first aid training is a good idea.
The Directory is already simmering away and there should be movement on this mid season, but there are a lot of people to persuade on the committee first.
Licencing is a great way to set a benchmark for all clubs and my personal preference is that unless a club meets the divisional requirements they are not promoted, this will ensure that the same effort goes into the back room set up as goes into the pitch side.
The Sponsorship and funding is a thorny issue but could be overcome by clubs requesting the LDMC to apply on their behalf and the money would be divided up per capita. another way to get funds for clubs is to host a few big name games with the proceeds split between all clubs. This would allow clubs to benifit from central funding as well as taking some small amount of pressure off the admin.
The bottom line of course will be support from the clubs.

I will have a roll of honour up before next season just need to get the facts solid first.

Old keeper
18/07/2006, 7:08 PM
By the way the league has agreed to issue a free match ball worth €70 to each team registered this season and this will have the league crest, the idea is that there will be less of a problem with complaints about clubs not having approved balls available for games.

the only 1
18/07/2006, 7:12 PM
ldmc are as corrupt as you can get watch the way teams get matchs off whenever they want ps is paddy cusack there again this year hes the worse one causing trouble every year with the fixtures

Old keeper
18/07/2006, 7:21 PM
ldmc are as corrupt as you can get watch the way teams get matchs off whenever they want ps is paddy cusack there again this year hes the worse one

Well I am on the LDMC and I am not corrupt So please lets try to be positive.

The proceedure for getting games off is simple
In the event of a pitch being unplayable the league Fixtures secretary must be notified before 2pm on the sat.

All Clubs are entitled to apply for free weekends as per rule.

Any deaths in a club may result in the postponment of games,

All clubs will be given a list of fixtures prior to the season commencing.

If there is no change this season then you can complain otherwise lets all try to make it work better.

the only 1
18/07/2006, 10:12 PM
Well I am on the LDMC and I am not corrupt So please lets try to be positive.

The proceedure for getting games off is simple
In the event of a pitch being unplayable the league Fixtures secretary must be notified before 2pm on the sat.

All Clubs are entitled to apply for free weekends as per rule.

Any deaths in a club may result in the postponment of games,

If there is no change this season then you can complain otherwise lets all try to make it work better.
like the end of last season was a joke with pike+carew getting any matchs of they want

abbeyvale
18/07/2006, 11:27 PM
like the end of last season was a joke with pike+carew getting any matchs of they want

HAVE YOU ANTHING POSITIVE TO SAY AT ALL IN ANY OF THE THREADS????
YOU MUST HAVE HAD A SAD CHILDHOOD.

backodanet
19/07/2006, 7:41 AM
agree abbeyvale

all clubs need to help out to improve the LDMC

Old keeper
19/07/2006, 11:26 AM

No team get matches of unless they meet the criteria, if you know of some teams who did please forward me your details and any solid facts I will ensure that any members of the committee who were involved in this are asked to respond to the comments. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem, and I am sorry to say that the problem for years has been people not willing to step up to the plate and do their bit, this is the last response I will make to any comments such as above from the only 1.

Edgey
19/07/2006, 12:24 PM
Fair play to you Old Keeper. You seem to be giving a lot of time and energy to this.

The website has been a huge addition. Personally, I think that the biggest single achievement would be the fixture list at the start of the season or even at the start of each month.

In the top three divisions over the last few seasons there have been suspicions of favoured clubs being left with a huge amount of home games in hand. I realise that clubs that go out of town in the junior cups will always have a backlog but going in to the last 5 or 6 games of the season everyone should be on the same games played.

Abbeyvale and backofdanet are spot on. It is up to the clubs to get involved. But the website should make this easier.

Keep up the good work.

abbeyvale
19/07/2006, 9:57 PM
[QUOTE=Old keeper]

Old Keeper
Will the fixture list consist of all fixtures for a full season for each club.
ie; date and kick off times throughout the season etc etc;;

Old keeper
19/07/2006, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=Old keeper]

Old Keeper
Will the fixture list consist of all fixtures for a full season for each club.
ie; date and kick off times throughout the season etc etc;;

The list will be issued for all league games for the full season and will initially be issued showing the schedule of games, this should eliminate the issue with regard to who plays who and when. any postponment of a game will have a reason posted as to why the game was changed. The dates will most likely be put in as far ahead as possible, but as you know there will always be issues with weather and other issues.

abbeyvale
19/07/2006, 11:54 PM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale]

The list will be issued for all league games for the full season and will initially be issued showing the schedule of games, this should eliminate the issue with regard to who plays who and when. any postponment of a game will have a reason posted as to why the game was changed. The dates will most likely be put in as far ahead as possible, but as you know there will always be issues with weather and other issues.

sounds good

renovater
23/07/2006, 2:01 PM
Anyone who has served on an L.M.C will no its hard work to keep all clubs happy.
At the end of the day you as clubs must follow the ground rules as layed down in order to have a sussessful L.M.C.
Rather than be critical try working on one,then you will have first hand knowledge of how hard its is in pleasing clubs.
anotherwords clubs and L.M.C. must work together in a postive frame work.
Also must be honest with one another in good working relationship and agree with a program in partership:)

hoops12
26/07/2006, 2:49 AM

you must be with balla ,how can ye give out about clubs getting matches off when ye won 2 leagues by hand picking yer matches ,by the way congrats on the 3 in a row last year,the 3rd year in a row that charleville gave ye a walkover out in charleville that is.how convenient for mr cusack to fix balla out there every time charleville look for that particular game off

backodanet
26/07/2006, 7:11 AM
you must be with balla ,how can ye give out about clubs getting matches off when ye won 2 leagues by hand picking yer matches ,by the way congrats on the 3 in a row last year,the 3rd year in a row that charleville gave ye a walkover out in charleville that is.how convenient for mr cusack to fix balla out there every time charleville look for that particular game off

THINK YOU'LL FIND THE ONLY_1 IS A GRANVILLE MAN AND BALLA ACTUALLY PLAYED CHARLEVILLE IN THE 2ND GAME OF LAST SEASON IN CHARLEVILLE BEAT THEM 3 NIL AND AS FAR AS I REMEMBER PIKE GOT A WALK OVER FROM THEM TOO

Old keeper
26/07/2006, 9:21 AM
Stop bitching and be constructive

Soccer Lover
03/08/2006, 6:27 PM
What about liasing with the refs, what they expect from us and what we expect from them. The consistancy last season between different refs left a lot to be desired.

Old keeper
03/08/2006, 10:05 PM
What about liasing with the refs, what they expect from us and what we expect from them. The consistancy last season between different refs left a lot to be desired.

Good point! might be an idea to have sessions with club secretaries and refs reps to discuss items like that. I will bring it to the table. Thanks

Soccer Lover
03/08/2006, 10:22 PM
Old keeper,

Is there a course that players can do to learn the rules?

renovater
04/08/2006, 7:32 PM
Old keeper,

Is there a course that players can do to learn the rules?
Yes
referees inspector gives seminars to people wishing to be come associates or full time refs

renovater
04/08/2006, 7:35 PM
Good point! might be an idea to have sessions with club secretaries and refs reps to discuss items like that. I will bring it to the table. Thanks
The best way to deal with this matter is to have an agenda put forward to the league secretary out lining problems you might be having inturn refs can do the same and let the two bodys trash iit out.
and the league come back to you with the answers.:ball:

Soccer Lover
04/08/2006, 8:36 PM
Yes
referees inspector gives siminars to poeple wishing to be come assicates or full time refs

Don't want to referee, just get to know the rules, I thought you could'nt shout "my ball" but in a game I involved in the referee never gave a free kick for the opposition calling it. It's this sort of thing I'd like to know? Am I alone:confused:

bigguy
04/08/2006, 10:13 PM
Don't want to referee, just get to know the rules, I thought you could'nt shout "my ball" but in a game I involved in the referee never gave a free kick for the opposition calling it. It's this sort of thing I'd like to know? Am I alone:confused:

Im not sured but think that rule is gone,it used to be deemed as obstruction did it not:confused: :confused:

Old keeper
07/08/2006, 12:36 AM
Im not sured but think that rule is gone,it used to be deemed as obstruction did it not:confused: :confused:

The rule is still there but simular to the Offside rule the action is not an offence unless it is interfearing with play so you could be calling "mine" while on your own and no bother but if the referee feels that you were interfeering with another player you will be penalised.

Old keeper
07/08/2006, 12:38 AM
We will put on our thinking caps on the rules and come up with a way to get info out to players and managers.

lim abroad
07/08/2006, 4:58 AM
We will put on our thinking caps on the rules and come up with a way to get info out to players and managers.

old keeper,can clubs sign players that aren't registered with anyone after the transfer deadline?

Old keeper
08/08/2006, 12:32 PM
old keeper,can clubs sign players that aren't registered with anyone after the transfer deadline?

Yes the transfer deadline is only for players who have been signed already in the league, you can sign new players at any time as long as its their first signing.

diablo
08/08/2006, 4:33 PM
Yes the transfer deadline is only for players who have been signed already in the league, you can sign new players at any time as long as its their first signing.

By new player do you mean a player who has played in the league say last season but not signed with anyone for the coming season yet? Or is it someone who has never played before?

Old keeper
09/08/2006, 4:22 PM
By new player do you mean a player who has played in the league say last season but not signed with anyone for the coming season yet? Or is it someone who has never played before?

Hi Diablo
Each season is started from scratch so anybody who was signed with a club last season is free to sign with any club this season, if he has not signed this season and wishes to sign after the transfer deadline he is free to do so. The transfer deadline is only for players who have already signed with a club for the current season and wish to move to another club. (There are other rules in relation to professional players and eircom league players but these are the exception)

Bonovox
18/08/2006, 7:01 AM
Oldkeeper, I see LDMC washing their dirty linen on the front page of the website regarding the half fees. It came as a surprise to me to read that LDMC purchased the new balls. I was sure the chairman on the night said that they were sponsorship from Errea. Anyhow you say on the website Fees were set at €300 for junior teams and €200 for youth teams. In an effort to ease the pain of the increase the league decided to purchase a match ball for every team that registered and this would be issued on the night that forms were collected. Why increase the fees and then spend the increase and more on a ball that most clubs don't need or want????. ...........are the LDMC trying to justify suspending one of its members for four years through the new website? If so, it doesn't look good to be honest.

Old keeper
18/08/2006, 9:44 AM
Oldkeeper, I see LDMC washing their dirty linen on the front page of the website regarding the half fees. It came as a surprise to me to read that LDMC purchased the new balls. I was sure the chairman on the night said that they were sponsorship from Errea...........are the LDMC trying to justify suspending one of its members for four years through the new website? If so, it doesn't look good to be honest.

In the bad old days the ldmc was often accused of being secretive and hiding from clubs. the post on the website is the first part of clarifing to all clubs what the situation is in relation to fees and the rumors that clubs were forced to buy a ball! the follow up will be that each secretary will be sent a detailed outline of fees and costs assocated with registering a team for the new season. this action was taken as a result of requests from a number of clubs. regarding the balls, these were NOT sponsored by errea but were purchased by the league from errea who are the league sponsors.
I cannot comment currently on the statement you make in relation to a member being suspended. I am sure you can understand that all matters need to follow a set course.

I will always reply to posts with facts and will not put a spin on issues. When I don't have answers I will say so and will try to find them. If you think that it would be better to allow some clubs to feel agreived or in the dark on issues then that is a step backward in my opinion. The whole idea of the website is to allow greater transparancy of the process and when everybody has the facts it is much easier to make informed decisions at delegate meetings, also remember that it is the clubs who own the league the committee are there to facilitate football
lastly the website or any other medium will never be needed to justify a decision of the LDLC as the facts when known will speak for themselves.

leather
18/08/2006, 10:31 AM
Well Done Old Keeper...

abbeyvale
18/08/2006, 11:21 AM
OldKeeper
Whats the ruling on kicking the ball out of play for an injured (or not so injured) opposition player this season?

Has it changed, as it has for the professional game?

Just wondering

Old keeper
18/08/2006, 1:31 PM
OldKeeper
Whats the ruling on kicking the ball out of play for an injured (or not so injured) opposition player this season?

Just wondering

Don't know but I will try to find out

Bonovox
18/08/2006, 1:59 PM
In the bad old days the ldmc was often accused of being secretive and hiding from clubs. the post on the website is the first part of clarifing to all clubs what the situation is in relation to fees and the rumors that clubs were forced to buy a ball! the follow up will be that each secretary will be sent a detailed outline of fees and costs assocated with registering a team for the new season. this action was taken as a result of requests from a number of clubs. regarding the balls, these were NOT sponsored by errea but were purchased by the league from errea who are the league sponsors.
I cannot comment currently on the statement you make in relation to a member being suspended. I am sure you can understand that all matters need to follow a set course.

I will always reply to posts with facts and will not put a spin on issues. When I don't have answers I will say so and will try to find them. If you think that it would be better to allow some clubs to feel agreived or in the dark on issues then that is a step backward in my opinion. The whole idea of the website is to allow greater transparancy of the process and when everybody has the facts it is much easier to make informed decisions at delegate meetings, also remember that it is the clubs who own the league the committee are there to facilitate football
lastly the website or any other medium will never be needed to justify a decision of the LDLC as the facts when known will speak for themselves.

Oldkeeper

Much respect for your reply as always. However you still haven't clarified for me the following: why increase the fees from 270 to 300 and then buy a ball out of the increase for the clubs when most of them didn't need or want them? Would it not have been better to leave the fees at 270 and let those clubs who wanted a ball to buy them themselves and the rest could save costs.

Old keeper
18/08/2006, 3:12 PM
Oldkeeper

Much respect for your reply as always. However you still haven't clarified for me the following: why increase the fees from 270 to 300 and then buy a ball out of the increase for the clubs when most of them didn't need or want them? Would it not have been better to leave the fees at 270 and let those clubs who wanted a ball to buy them themselves and the rest could save costs.

Hi Bonovox

you need to separate the ball from the fees. the majority of clubs were delighted to get a match ball free. the decision to increase fees needed to be taken and was voted and passed. the decision to issue a match ball was based on a refreshing view that the ldmc needed to support and help clubs as much as possible. one thing that every team needs is a match ball! and while some clubs have plenty there are a large amount of our clubs who find it difficult to make ends meet and the issue of a ball was most welcome. if you break down the fee increase it was €30 over the 12 months this equates to a €15 increase in half fees. this was nowhere near the cost of the ball but the ball was a gesture of support from the LDL to all clubs not just the wealthy few. I would forsee further support for youth football in the coming season and would hope that it would not cause the same aggro.

Bonovox
18/08/2006, 8:23 PM
Thanks Oldkeeper. Keep it going, your views are refreshing.

The Ref
19/08/2006, 1:46 PM
OldKeeper

Just wondering

There is no rule. If a player kicks the ball out of play, the opposition are under no obligation to return the ball to them, also if the referee stops the game in order for a player to receive treatment and no foul has occured, a drop ball restarts the game neither team is obligated to return the ball. (For a drop ball) If a player states to the referee that he is returning the ball to the oppisition and the drop ball becomes uncontested and that player "changes his mind" and dosen't pass the ball back, there is nothing the referee can do (offically), in practice, most referees will stop the game and re-drop the ball which will then become fiercly contested.

I hope this helps

Old keeper
19/08/2006, 2:33 PM
There is no rule. If a player kicks the ball out of play, the opposition are under no obligation to return the ball to them, also if the referee stops the game in order for a player to receive treatment and no foul has occured, a drop ball restarts the game neither team is obligated to return the ball. (For a drop ball) If a player states to the referee that he is returning the ball to the oppisition and the drop ball becomes uncontested and that player "changes his mind" and dosen't pass the ball back, there is nothing the referee can do (offically), in practice, most referees will stop the game and re-drop the ball which will then become fiercly contested.

I hope this helps

excellent thanks

The Ref
19/08/2006, 4:13 PM
Old Keeper,

I have submitted a new thread for advice on the Laws, all queries welcome!

The Ref

Old keeper
19/08/2006, 10:00 PM
Old Keeper,

I have submitted a new thread for advice on the Laws, all queries welcome!

The Ref

Super

well done it was needed

the 12 th man
21/08/2006, 2:51 PM
Roadend,your question has been moved to the Refs "sticky" thread "Advice on the laws of the game"

allab
21/08/2006, 3:32 PM
what is the date for the transfer deadline??

Old keeper
21/08/2006, 3:40 PM
what is the date for the transfer deadline??

Hi Allab

1st Feb each year is the transfer deadline

Old keeper
23/08/2006, 11:21 PM
Hi the referees fees will be changing shortly all clubs will be notified of the changes

The Ref
26/08/2006, 3:49 PM
Originally Posted by Soccer Lover View Post
Here's an idea,

Instead of sending match cards to Refs, what about send them list of players registered with that team. The manager of each team fills in the number that each player is wearing also a note of suspended players could be made on the list before it sent to the referee. the ref then returns the lists to the league.

It is a good idea but would require a change to be agreed by all clubs, also the issue of B and C players playing with the A teams would pose a problem. But it is still workable and we have the means to print a match sheet for each match detailing the squad and any suspended players could be highlighted. speak with your club and ask them to bring it up as a change at the next Delegate meeting

Old Keeper,

I was looking through old threads and I found this, as a referee I wouldn't be comfortable policing suspensions for a league, and if this was proposed and accepted, this is what referees would, in effect be doing.

Before any of this could happen, you would need to be in agreement with the local referee society branch as to their role in the administration of this scheme and I would find it difficult to believe that they would agree.

Only my two pence worth

The Ref