PDA

View Full Version : What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

larrywhite
15/11/2006, 2:08 PM
Hi All following the LDL committee meeting last evening the over whelming decision was that there was no case to answer in relation to the PRO bringing the committee into disrepute and as a result I will post as normal.

Welcome back Oldkeeper,

Straight in with a question....

If this dreadful weather keeps can a MFA game be called off on Saturday like an ordinary league game or must the referee call it on Sunday morning after inspecting the pitch.

Old keeper
15/11/2006, 2:22 PM
I'm referring to one particular post which was critical of Pike. It basically gave someone the perfect opportunity to have a go at him which they duly did by the sounds of things. Now being a committe member and posting such things is really silly, no matter what way you look at it.

Hi Roadend

I presume you are referring to the post made in the "is sportsmanship dead" thread. That thread was from start to finish my own opinions and I think that anyone reading the thread would be of the same view, however the facts stated in the thread were never in question just the fact that I posted them. I have the utmost respect for all the clubs in Limerick and all of the people who work long hours to make sure that every week someone else can pull on a jersey and enjoy a game of soccer. The operative word is "enjoy" and when we get to a stage where this enjoyment is missing from the sport at the younger levels we will pay a heavy price with regard to numbers in the years to come. Unless we actually discuss what’s wrong we will never really get to fix it.

However I would like now to apologise if anyone from Pike felt that I was picking on them as nothing could be further from the truth as regardless of the posts from various people on this thread I would consider Pike Rovers players to be upholding the clubs tradition of fair play and my overwhelming feeling was one of disappointment when leaving the Pike grounds after our youth game, not that we had lost the game but in the manner that it was played.

I will never stay quiet if there is a wrong being perpetrated regardless of who is involved.

Old keeper
15/11/2006, 2:28 PM
Welcome back Oldkeeper,

Straight in with a question....

If this dreadful weather keeps can a MFA game be called off on Saturday like an ordinary league game or must the referee call it on Sunday morning after inspecting the pitch.

Hi Lar

The Saturday rule only applies to local games so any MJC or FAI games will be down to the ref on the day.

ffffff
15/11/2006, 2:31 PM
when will we kbow if the matches with OT players are off... so people can plan for matches/weekends etc

Old keeper
15/11/2006, 2:34 PM
when will we kbow if the matches with OT players are off... so people can plan for matches/weekends etc

As soon as I get the work from the FS I will update the website, should be by tomorrow evening.

greenandwhite
15/11/2006, 2:44 PM
Any news on last nights delegate meeting???
Heard that the real meeting by the Real people who care about junior footy took place last wed in our BIGGEST club...

I usually just watch these threads with amusement but I was at the meeting and it was a disgrase, the behavior of the socalled pillars of local soccer leaves a lot to be desired. clubs from the city and county were dragged in to a meeting while the 3 nominees had decided beforehand they were not going forward whydidnt they notify the committee beforehand. all they wanted to do was to spout the same old stuff and then leave before anyone could dispute what they had said. and so much for balla demanding that the minuits be read out they were like sheep in the corner when the big boys were playing not a peep out of them. I got off work early to attend and was livid with the 3 guys that spoke.

larrywhite
15/11/2006, 3:59 PM
Hi Lar

The Saturday rule only applies to local games so any MJC or FAI games will be down to the ref on the day.

Thought so. Thanks Oldkeeper.

Roadend
15/11/2006, 4:02 PM
Hi Oldkeeper,

Good to see you're back. I read your reply and was in total agreement with what you had said all along. I just thought that the post in question was one that could be used as a stick to beat you with, which may or may not have been the case. Anyhow good to see there finally seems to be a bit of common sense creeping into the committee.

Old keeper
15/11/2006, 4:50 PM
Hi Oldkeeper,

Good to see you're back. I read your reply and was in total agreement with what you had said all along. I just thought that the post in question was one that could be used as a stick to beat you with, which may or may not have been the case. Anyhow good to see there finally seems to be a bit of common sense creeping into the committee.

Hi

You are right it was used as a stick, but it was a very small and feeble stick.

Can you even imagine where soccer would be in Limerick if all the different people worked together for the greater good?

The committee were never against my posting just one or two clubs had a bit to say at a delegate meeting.

greenandwhite
16/11/2006, 11:53 AM
Hi

You are right it was used as a stick, but it was a very small and feeble stick.

Can you even imagine where soccer would be in Limerick if all the different people worked together for the greater good?

The committee were never against my posting just one or two clubs had a bit to say at a delegate meeting.

old keeper is it true that we have to vote for a treasurer all over again cause the guy who wasnt there is now not taking the job!!!!

Old keeper
16/11/2006, 10:19 PM
old keeper is it true that we have to vote for a treasurer all over again cause the guy who wasnt there is now not taking the job!!!!

Hi Green & White

Well if you were at the meeting you are in the same frame as me. 3 of the 4 nominees were unable to allow their names go forward for one reason or another, the last nominee was not present but as he was the only one left there was no election.

ffffff
17/11/2006, 10:24 AM
Hi Old keeper,

will the first round of fixtures ( matched that were called off cos of cup matches/refs not turning up etc) have to be completed before the 2nd round of fixtures start or will we be starting the second set of fixtures next week regardless and then filling in the other fixtures at the end of the season

thanks as usual
f

greenandwhite
17/11/2006, 2:58 PM
that would hold up the season but it would make it more fair

Jock MIB
18/11/2006, 1:27 PM
hi oldkeeper

firstly welcome back and secondly do you know when the
divisonal cups start

summervilleman
18/11/2006, 3:05 PM
i'd say they could be a while jock as they are struggling to even get league games out of the way at this stage!@!

Old keeper
18/11/2006, 11:49 PM
hi oldkeeper

divisonal cups start

Straight answer No

I will bring it up at the next meeting but there will need to be a meeting to hold the draws. I will post details after the next meeting

Old keeper
18/11/2006, 11:52 PM
i'd say they could be a while jock as they are struggling to even get league games out of the way at this stage!@!

The first rounds of leagues should be completed soon and then we can make a fresh start.

greenandwhite
21/11/2006, 12:41 PM
hi oldkeeper

divisonal cups start

I am more than surprised that holycross is one of the clubs who is trying to get rid of the LDMC committee. I saw the letter sent to the favoured clubs by the real LDMC. have ye no gumption at all!

A man who did nothing but cause trouble and protect fairview and Pike was suspended for treathening to shoot someone and his friends whip up support and clubs rally round the over 70s gang

I am sickend by it we will never have a level playing pitch for soccer while there are crooks working behind the scenes

greenandwhite
21/11/2006, 12:54 PM
Old keeper is it true that 42 clubs signed a letter to get rid of the current committee? I saw the letter sent to the clubs to be filled in and sent back but I cant beleive that there are 40 who are stupid enought to be lead on by PC and his gang

Jock MIB
21/11/2006, 1:02 PM
I am more than surprised that holycross is one of the clubs who is trying to get rid of the LDMC committee. I saw the letter sent to the favoured clubs by the real LDMC. have ye no gumption at all!

A man who did nothing but cause trouble and protect fairview and Pike was suspended for treathening to shoot someone and his friends whip up support and clubs rally round the over 70s gang

I am sickend by it we will never have a level playing pitch for soccer while there are crooks working behind the scenes

i have no idea what you are refering too, will bring up at next meeting we have.. i myself are keen supporter of what old keeper and others are doing with the league. have been annoyed personally relating to football matters basically refering to lack of games which i think was understandable.

leather
21/11/2006, 1:02 PM
Not Suprised With Pike And The View, They Have Been Well Looked After Over The Years By Hon & Pc, Rest Of Clubs Dont Be Led Like Sheep By A Bunch Of Crooks Who Want To Go Back To The Days Of A Nod And A Wink And Little Meetings In Smokey Rooms..question For The Pike Lads, If You Do Get Rid Of The Present Ldmc Will The Meeting For The Real C'mitte Continue In The Pike Club

Old keeper
21/11/2006, 1:10 PM
Old keeper is it true that 42 clubs signed a letter to get rid of the current committee? I saw the letter sent to the clubs to be filled in and sent back but I cant beleive that there are 40 who are stupid enought to be lead on by PC and his gang

Hi Green and White Firstly I have no idea if there are 1 or 42 clubs who have signed anything. If such a letter exists and was sent it will be most likely discussed at the weekly meeting this evening. In relation to your mentioning PC I must take issue, as I discussed this with him at a recent meeting and he has given his word that he is not involved it this matter in any way shape or form so please do not mention people when speculating as it just causes bother.

greenandwhite
21/11/2006, 1:22 PM
i have no idea what you are refering too, will bring up at next meeting we have.. i myself are keen supporter of what old keeper and others are doing with the league. have been annoyed personally relating to football matters basically refering to lack of games which i think was understandable.

Well your secretary signed a letter asking for a vote of no confidance so ask him cause the real ldmc are strutting about like peacoks with the list

Jock MIB
21/11/2006, 1:26 PM
Well your secretary signed a letter asking for a vote of no confidance so ask him cause the real ldmc are strutting about like peacoks with the list

don't know personally the circumstances of what has happened at delegate meeting and why my secretary signed the form, will ask him but please don't class me as a person who is in favour of the Real Ldmc because i'm not and will never will be.

Old keeper
21/11/2006, 1:47 PM
don't know personally the circumstances of what has happened at delegate meeting and why my secretary signed the form, will ask him but please don't class me as a person who is in favour of the Real Ldmc because i'm not and will never will be.

Lads lets not start another round of this as it is only mind numbing. If clubs request a meeting that is their right and if enough clubs feel that we (the current committee) are not administering the game properly let them ask any questions they want. But remember at the last delegate meeting there was not one question on the administration of the league there was a question as to weather I should be allowed to post as PRO on this site and a whole raft of questions on the suspended member. So it would be really strange if the clubs now decide that they have questions on the running of the league.

But remember the time and effort that is put in to running the league on behalf of the clubs is unpaid and is done for the most part for the betterment of soccer in Limerick

greenandwhite
21/11/2006, 4:04 PM
Lads lets not start another round of this as it is only mind numbing. If clubs request a meeting that is their right and if enough clubs feel that we (the current committee) are not administering the game properly let them ask any questions they want. But remember at the last delegate meeting there was not one question on the administration of the league there was a question as to weather I should be allowed to post as PRO on this site and a whole raft of questions on the suspended member. So it would be really strange if the clubs now decide that they have questions on the running of the league.

But remember the time and effort that is put in to running the league on behalf of the clubs is unpaid and is done for the most part for the betterment of soccer in Limerick

Dont mean to harp on old keeper but thats unbeleivable that PC said he was not involved in the move to have the committee removed sure he is already picking the new committee with the real ldmc they meet in the pike club committee room every week. you should ask him is he attending the real meetings with the older lad form shelbourne,the ex treasurer, the chairman of pike the secretary of pike and the chairman of fairview along with a few other hangeroners who do what they are told

greenandwhite
22/11/2006, 9:38 AM

Well Did you talk to your secretary??

The list of clubs who are in paddy cusacks pocket are a real tell tale just look at some

Pike, fairview, prospect, mungret, balla, holycross, charlville,geraldines, carew park,caherdavin,star, and another bunch of sheep to make up 42.

well oldkeeper am i right is ther 42 clubs who want the committee out?

and someone is telling lies if they say PC is not involved because I was there when he called to our club with his mate in tow

The letter is as follows

we the club name request a special meeting in accordance with the rules

to pass a vote of no confidance in the chairman and the committee
to arrange a egm to elect a new ldmc
clubs can ask questions on any matters of the ldmc that happened this year

Crok of S**te what is so wrong other than the fixtures!!!! and he is the guy causing the crap

Jock MIB
22/11/2006, 10:56 AM

no i haven't will talk to him when at next training session, and i will respond to you in due time.

i'm not avoiding the issue if thats what you think

Old keeper
22/11/2006, 11:23 AM

The list of clubs who are in paddy cusacks pocket are a real tell tale just look at some

Pike, fairview, prospect, mungret, balla, holycross, charlville,geraldines, carew park,caherdavin,star, and another bunch of sheep to make up 42.

well oldkeeper am i right is ther 42 clubs who want the committee out?

and someone is telling lies if they say PC is not involved because I was there when he called to our club with his mate in tow

The letter is as follows

we the club name request a special meeting in accordance with the rules

to pass a vote of no confidance in the chairman and the committee
to arrange a egm to elect a new ldmc
clubs can ask questions on any matters of the ldmc that happened this year

Crok of S**te what is so wrong other than the fixtures!!!! and he is the guy causing the crap

Hi greenandwhite

Up to last night the committee had instructed its members not to discuss publicly the suspension of one of it’s members, this action was taken in a vain effort to protect the reputation of that member. Unfortunately this was seen in some quarters as having something to hide and a number of lies and innuendo followed. The instruction from last nights meeting is that any questions asked will be answered fully and the no comment policy that was in place is now ended.

It is my job as the PRO to ensure that any information relating to your league in the public domain is truthful and accurate

The LDMC received a number of letters from clubs yesterday.
These clubs were all requesting a special delegate meeting to pass a vote of No confidence in the Chairman and the committee. There was no indication however as to why they have no confidence, normally if clubs have a problem with the running of the league they write or call to the committee and air their views, this has not happened this year and a massive 39 clubs have decided to write exactly the same letter but have neglected to state why they are unhappy with the administration of the league. The rules are simple if 2/3s of the clubs wish to have a special general meeting that is their right, however some other rights must also be upheld and one of these is the right of each member currently sitting on the committee to be given some indication from these 39 clubs as to why the clubs feel they have not performed to the clubs standards and in what areas they are failing. Remember there are 16 members on this committee and each person gives of their time freely, some work, some are retired, but all the members try their best to ensure that the league is managed in a professional and fair manner. If their efforts are not good enough someone should have the common decency to contact them on behalf of their club and let them know why they have no confidence in their ability to run the league.

The committee has taken a lot of flack in the last number of months from a group of people who will not state their ultimate aim and unfortunately some of these people are actually members of the committee. Most of the communications to the committee this year have been complementary in relation to the managing of the league and in the manner that rules have been applied fairly and consistently to all clubs.

It is unfortunate that the league is embroiled in such matters at such a critical time for clubs and the league when efforts are being made to ensure that clubs and the league maximise their applications from the sports capitol grant scheme, in fact some of the very clubs that have no confidence in the committee have written asking for the same committees support in applying for these grants.

Ger Finnin
PRO LDMC

leather
22/11/2006, 12:01 PM
would it be possible to post the list of (sheep)clubs on the ldmc website?.
I bet you most of the members of these clubs have no idea about what is being done in their names...

a country voice
22/11/2006, 12:17 PM
Id also love to see the list of clubs out in the public domain so that officers and members of these clubs could see if their club was on the list. Who knows? maybe some of the letters were signed without clubs committees even knowing about it?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
Martin Luther King Jr.

Old keeper
22/11/2006, 1:29 PM
would it be possible to post the list of (sheep)clubs on the ldmc website?.
I bet you most of the members of these clubs have no idea about what is being done in their names...

Hi Leather

I am not in a position to divulge the names of the clubs as they are to be contacted by the league.

greenandwhite
22/11/2006, 1:57 PM
Id also love to see the list of clubs out in the public domain so that officers and members of these clubs could see if their club was on the list. Who knows? maybe some of the letters were signed without clubs committees even knowing about it?

Martin Luther King Jr.

I saw the list after one of the real ldmc meetings here it is

Pike, prospect, cals,balla,charlville,star,ballylanders,shelbourne ,st pauls,moyross,fairview,carew,caherconlish,meanus,t rinity,caherdavin,southend,cappamore,kiltealy,shan non,atlunkard,glenview,holycross,granville,bilboa, parkville,hospital,kilfinane,abbey,castle,dromore, mungret,summerville,geraldines,kennedypark,bruff,k ilmallock,regional,newport. there are only 39 here but i saw another few but they must have backed out. fair dues to them.

So what are all these clubs complaining about??? hon being suspended for treathening to shoot somone and then refusing to apologise. cause at the delegate meeting it was said he was given 5 or 6 chances to withdraw the remarks but all he did was send a solicitors letter to the league. The man when to cork and dublin and both said he was wrong so who is at fault here. hon is probably the most vindictive man i ever say on council and was suspended before as well so he has a track record.

Old keeper
22/11/2006, 2:06 PM
Martin Luther King Jr.[/QUOTE]

Great quotations Voice

Old keeper
22/11/2006, 2:10 PM
I saw the list after one of the real ldmc meetings here it is

Pike, prospect, cals,balla,charlville,star,ballylanders,shelbourne ,st pauls,moyross,fairview,carew,caherconlish,meanus,t rinity,caherdavin,southend,cappamore,kiltealy,shan non,atlunkard,glenview,holycross,granville,bilboa, parkville,hospital,kilfinane,abbey,castle,dromore, mungret,summerville,geraldines,kennedypark,bruff,k ilmallock,regional,newport. there are only 39 here but i saw another few but they must have backed out. fair dues to them.

So what are all these clubs complaining about??? hon being suspended for treathening to shoot somone and then refusing to apologise. cause at the delegate meeting it was said he was given 5 or 6 chances to withdraw the remarks but all he did was send a solicitors letter to the league. The man when to cork and dublin and both said he was wrong so who is at fault here. hon is probably the most vindictive man i ever say on council and was suspended before as well so he has a track record.

Hi Green and White

I am not in a position ot agree or disagree with your list, but I would ask you not to use peoples initials or any names when discussing these matters, It would be unfair to do so. You can still get your points across without using names and initials.

Thanks

Goals4fun
22/11/2006, 2:21 PM
Hi Old keeper,

just wondering if ye have though about getting pitcures of the leader as there are loads each week that could be put up on the website from action during the weekend games? I know there is a page there at the moment but it is blank
Might be another route of getting people to re-direct to the www.ldmc.ie website.

greenandwhite
22/11/2006, 2:23 PM
Hi Green and White

I am not in a position ot agree or disagree with your list, but I would ask you not to use peoples initials or any names when discussing these matters, It would be unfair to do so. You can still get your points across without using names and initials.

Thanks

Thats what has ye in this position why dont ye just tell all and be dammed. if the clubs knew that it was a few cronies who are whipping this up there would be no problem. your name is being used all over the place by the real ldmc do you think they would give you the same courticey i think not

silvercircle
22/11/2006, 2:28 PM
Hi Green and White

Thanks

people in glasshouses...etc, etc...comes to mind:D :D

a country voice
22/11/2006, 3:38 PM
Well thanks oldkeeper, but even a man as intelligent and dare i say handsome as me cant come up with quotes like that off the top of my head! (thats a bit of country bogdweller wit for those of you who dont recognise it!)
Right, enough of foot.ie for today, im away for my bacon and cabbage and then its milking time!

Heres a good page for quotes
www.quotationspage.com

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
Bill Cosby

Old keeper
22/11/2006, 3:58 PM

Hi Silver

I don't recall mentioning anybody’s name in a derogatory manner, but if you can find an instance I will apologise most sincerely to the person involved.

greenandwhite
22/11/2006, 10:30 PM

A Balla man i presume.

ye were very quiet at the last delegate meeting after throwing the toys out of the pram to have an apology read out to the clubs ye did as ye were told at the next one and kept yer mouths firmly shut. Good to know ye know where balla stands when certain people say jump ye say how high. yer friends were afraid that if the minuits were read out at the meeting the truth would be there for all the clubs to see.

So dont be sniping at Old Keeper about glass houses ye need to keep yer sniping for the delegate meetings

and btw that statment that yor chairman made that no one from balla was on foot.ie! you guys are obviously from another planet

summervilleman
23/11/2006, 2:45 AM
Why don't u say all these things at one of these meetings greenandwhite instead of bickering on here about it over and over again!!! Go to one of the meetings and have your say instead of having a hop off old keeper??

abbeyvale
23/11/2006, 8:21 AM
Why don't u say all these things at one of these meetings greenandwhite instead of bickering on here about it over and over again!!! Go to one of the meetings and have your say instead of having a hop off old keeper??

He's actually backing Oldkeeper, and by the way SilverCircle is a Pike man NOT a Balla man.

greenandwhite
23/11/2006, 9:39 AM

I was at meetings and did have a say but when the likes of Pike fairview prospect etc stand up spout what they want and then run out the door before anyone can comeback at them it is a farce. These clubs have had the best of both worlds for far too long they have their man in council giving them the info on who is suspended and who did not pay fines so they can decide with anothe member of council when to play their games. its all falling apart now for these clubs cause they have to follow the same rules as everyone else and i include my own club in that.

And i am not having a hop off old keeper just the opposite every few years someone makes anattempt to do good in the league and what happens is that the over 70s gang up and try to get rid of them the fixtures sec is afraid of his place now that there is a system there that will do the fixtures automatically so he is trying to cause crap again **MOD EDIT** (please don't make allegations like that here***) but the fact that everyone can see on the website who played who and where is making it harder.*******

greenandwhite
23/11/2006, 9:41 AM
He's actually backing Oldkeeper, and by the way SilverCircle is a Pike man NOT a Balla man.

must have my info wrong so

Silvercircle is still a sniper for those comments

Old keeper
23/11/2006, 6:03 PM
Hi Old keeper,

just wondering if ye have though about getting pitcures of the leader as there are loads each week that could be put up on the website from action during the weekend games? I know there is a page there at the moment but it is blank
Might be another route of getting people to re-direct to the www.ldmc.ie website.

Hi Goals for fun

Yes is the answer but its on hold at the moment. I have had a few very enthusiastic Facilitators to help withthe website, but to be honest I am not using them until the current issues are sorted. it would be unfair to have them in the middle of any stuff going on.

But if any one has photos of their own clubs please mail them in for inclusion.

summervilleman
23/11/2006, 9:24 PM
Will it be sorted soon is the question though old keeper???

Old keeper
24/11/2006, 8:07 AM
Will it be sorted soon is the question though old keeper???

One would hope so, it's really a drain on peoples time and energy it also puts a bad light on Limerick soccer. The key to any resolution is honest open discussion, so with any bit of luck the matter will be resolved.

leather
24/11/2006, 8:29 AM
Old Keeper: The key to any resolution is honest open discussion

C'mon , you cannot be serious about that bunch of crooks having the above

Old keeper
24/11/2006, 10:00 AM
Old Keeper: The key to any resolution is honest open discussion

C'mon , you cannot be serious about that bunch of crooks having the above

I dont agree with the bunch of crooks comment, there must be some misunderstanding somewhere and discussion will iron it out I am of the opinion that peoples motives are for the best. until this is disproven then there is always hope.