PDA

View Full Version : What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

ShelsLimerick
10/10/2006, 10:31 AM
before you could contact the fixtures secretary and he could handle it now you have to go to the committee to get a game off! and what if your missing players or someone is injured! and its too late for 12 days

So everytime someone gets injured you can call off a game. Games would never be played if that was the case.

leather
10/10/2006, 10:31 AM
The clubs are the bigest ones in limerick and they are leading the charge for to change this committee. how can you call the pro a real pro when there are hardly no notes every week in the chronicle!! and how do we know the information given out on this website is the right information!!

(1) I am involved with one of the biggest clubs and we are not leading any charge.
(2) when did the ldmc pro ever put notes in the chronicle? Clubs do this.
(3) how do you know any info given either privately or in the public domain is the right info??

would one of the biggest clubs be the one that tried to belittle the chairman, with the help of the treasurer on the night that the forms were given out?
who would you consider to be the biggest clubs in limk...

you and your bunch just want to have your old little boys club giving certain info about certain clubs to your favs. if everybody was treated the same there would not be any problems.

longtimefan
10/10/2006, 10:32 AM
Its up to the clubs to provide the notes not the LDMC. All the website shows is fixtures, results and news. There are no opinions just facts. Hardly propaganda.

So where are the facts about the treasurer!! see the only put up what they want you to know!

leather
10/10/2006, 10:35 AM
before you could contact the fixtures secretary and he could handle it now you have to go to the committee to get a game off! and what if your missing players or someone is injured! and its too late for 12 days

very easy to rebutt this one...
"the fixtures secretary and he could handle it" that was exactly the problem
my club asked for a fixture to be cancelled last season and were told that as it was 13 days before fixture that it was too late. 14 days required.
You cannot have one person deceiding who plays and when... it leaves the whole thing open to favouritism. stick by the rule and there is no prob..

Hoops 1967
10/10/2006, 11:37 AM

So what you are saying is that before you could ring your mate the fix secretary and the get the game called off anytime you liked, were as now you have to do it officially through the committee....poor you...thats how every other club has had to do it.

leather
10/10/2006, 11:49 AM
well said

Old keeper
10/10/2006, 1:21 PM
I go away for a few hours and the whole thread falls to bits!!

I will wait till i am finished work to answer all of the Long Time Fans rants. I get a fit if the giggles when I read them. Someone should really take the shovel off him because he is in deep enough already.

Roadend
10/10/2006, 2:42 PM
Why bother replying to him at all, its almost as if you acknowledge he has some valid point to make

Old keeper
10/10/2006, 4:26 PM
Why bother replying to him at all, its almost as if you acknowledge he has some valid point to make

Good point

Soccer Lover
10/10/2006, 7:49 PM
I have all the facts I need yer days are numbered some of the real ldmc members are seing to that

IMO this is trolling:mad:

while im not a fan of the ldmc whoever longtime fan is (paddy cussack is my guess :D ) has there own agenda - why should 1 man have the power to deside if a team can have a match called off or not!

having the rules upfront and clear where everyone can see them is the way forward and everyone knows where they stand. people respect that (except for the "real ldmc")

the website is a great idea and gives the league a air of transparancy and can only be good for the profile of the league

if the league did go back to the bad old days of cloak and dagger stuff in smokey filled back rooms football in limerick will only be worse for it

old keeper keep up the good work and i for one appriciate what you do

longtimefan can you answer a question for all of us - who are the real ldmc?

i thought the we were the league and the ldmc committee representeed us? and without us you are nothing

as u2 said - don't let the ba5tards get you down

Old keeper
11/10/2006, 10:46 AM
well hopefully everybody can bury the hatchet next week and support the charity game in Jackman to help the Murray Children fund. lets get a huge turnout to show what limerick soccer is all about.

Roadend
11/10/2006, 11:09 AM
Just a quick one, Old keeper. The fixtures per division on the LDMC site have been causing a bit of confusion at FAI/MFA weekends. I know that the last time "A" teams weren't competing in either that new fixtures were scheduled for B or C teams. This caused problems as some of those teams players had already made plans to go away based on the LDMC site's fitxture list. With the new fixture not appearing until Tuesday's Chronicle, teams were left short due to other commitments being pre-arranged. I know it has happened one or two teams again this weekend.

Old keeper
11/10/2006, 11:15 AM
Just a quick one, Old keeper. The fixtures per division on the LDMC site have been causing a bit of confusion at FAI/MFA weekends. I know that the last time "A" teams weren't competing in either that new fixtures were scheduled for B or C teams. This caused problems as some of those teams players had already made plans to go away based on the LDMC site's fitxture list. With the new fixture not appearing until Tuesday's Chronicle, teams were left short due to other commitments being pre-arranged. I know it has happened one or two teams again this weekend.

Yea thats a good point

I will change the layouts at the weekend and show all fixtures by team regardless of the competition

Poloman
11/10/2006, 1:02 PM
Make three divisons (3a, 3B and 3C) from the bottom four divisions. There is simply not enough games in a season for those clubs in the lower leagues. Its what everyone wants so please discuss that at the nect meeting. Ta.

longtimefan
11/10/2006, 1:28 PM
Make three divisons (3a, 3B and 3C) from the bottom four divisions. There is simply not enough games in a season for those clubs in the lower leagues. Its what everyone wants so please discuss that at the nect meeting. Ta.

if you want something done you have to ask the right people Wont happen this season but will fix it for next season. We will try to introduce the extra cups for the smaller divisions, that should help a little mabey even a home and away!

longtimefan
11/10/2006, 1:29 PM

Now you will see how the real LDMC works

longtimefan
11/10/2006, 1:36 PM
old keeper is very quiet now that a few to the point questions have been asked! wheres the info and openess now

leather
11/10/2006, 1:47 PM
Real ldmc my arse... crawl back under you rock and let the people with new and intelligent ideas prosper... your contribution yesterday proved to any doubters which is the right way to go... I imagine that your little group still think that the world is Flat, The earth is the center of the solar system and that the titanic was unsinkable..
who are THE RIGHT PEOPLE?????
do us minnions need to be ruled by the right people???

longtimefan
11/10/2006, 1:53 PM
Real ldmc my arse... crawl back under you rock and let the people with new and intelligent ideas prosper... your contribution yesterday proved to any doubters which is the right way to go... I imagine that your little group still think that the world is Flat, The earth is the center of the solar system and that the titanic was unsinkable..
who are THE RIGHT PEOPLE?????
do us minnions need to be ruled by the right people???

the right people are the ones who make soccer work properly clubs need to understand that theres only a few people who can get things done and if they are gone the whole thing will fall apart

larrywhite
11/10/2006, 2:07 PM
the right people are the ones who make soccer work properly clubs need to understand that theres only a few people who can get things done and if they are gone the whole thing will fall apart

Hi Paddy :D

leather
11/10/2006, 2:12 PM
How did football run without The right people???? my oh my! all the people that proceeded the right people had no idea how to run football???
i take it that you are a fan of the book animal farm....
i take offence with your statement "clubs need to understand" A lot of the clubs were there before your group of right people and some how manged...

have to go now... i think that sound i hear is the sound of limerick football falling apart....

Hoops 1967
12/10/2006, 8:22 AM
How did football run without The right people???? my oh my! all the people that proceeded the right people had no idea how to run football???
i take it that you are a fan of the book animal farm....
i take offence with your statement "clubs need to understand" A lot of the clubs were there before your group of right people and some how manged...

have to go now... i think that sound i hear is the sound of limerick football falling apart....

Great stuff!:D

Hoops 1967
12/10/2006, 8:26 AM
old keeper is very quiet now that a few to the point questions have been asked! wheres the info and openess now

What is this bloke going on about?
stay off the drugs pal! :D

MitreSize5
12/10/2006, 8:47 AM
paddy please, your killing me here. reading your posts over the last few days i've gone from not being able to believe the stuff you were writing, to laughing out loud at some of it, to now pitying you in your last desperate efforts to keep control of limerick football.

Some guy asks for three divisions to be rolled into two (not a bad idea mind) but you jump "Yes i can provide that .... and and wait ... I'll throw in another few cups .... wait wait theres more, i'll make it home and away aswell ... well what do you think of that ha, give a vote will ya"

pathethic

barryk
12/10/2006, 9:33 AM
paddy please, your killing me here. reading your posts over the last few days i've gone from not being able to believe the stuff you were writing, to laughing out loud at some of it, to now pitying you in your last desperate efforts to keep control of limerick football.

Some guy asks for three divisions to be rolled into two (not a bad idea mind) but you jump "Yes i can provide that .... and and wait ... I'll throw in another few cups .... wait wait theres more, i'll make it home and away aswell ... well what do you think of that ha, give a vote will ya"

pathethic

I agree but unlike you I am not laughing because the old brigade headed by Pike Rvs, Fairview Rgs, Caherdavin, Mungret and Geraldines look like having the numbers to force a successful vote of no confidence.
If the readers on this site do not put pressure on thier clubs we could well have the old ****e back in charge

longtimefan
12/10/2006, 9:41 AM
Hi Paddy :D

My name is not paddy yur way off there friend

leather
12/10/2006, 9:52 AM
I agree but unlike you I am not laughing because the old brigade headed by Pike Rvs, Fairview Rgs, Caherdavin, Mungret and Geraldines look like having the numbers to force a successful vote of no confidence.
If the readers on this site do not put pressure on thier clubs we could well have the old ****e back in charge

LADS I KNOW THAT ALL CLUBS HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS WITH OTHER CLUBS, PART OF THE CRAIC, BUT LADS PLEASE TELL WHATEVER CLUB THAT YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH THAT THESE "RIGHT PEOPLE" DON'T GIVE A FIG ABOUT ANY OF THE CLUBS, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES. IF THE ABOVE MENTIONED BIG CLUBS GO AHEAD AND TRY AND SCREW THE NEW AND IMPROVED LDMC, IT WILL BE SHAME ON YOU !!! LET GO FWD AND NOT GO BACK TO THE DARK AGES....

BARRYK , YOU CAN REST ASSURED THAT ONE OF THE BIGGEST CLUBS IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE WONT BE BACKING THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

Old keeper
12/10/2006, 10:16 AM
Hi
I have decided that answering Longtime fan would be a waste of my time as he has not asked one pertinent question since his first post (other than one about the treasurer and I cant answer that till the appeal process has expired)

But a few things need to be made clear, even if the so called "real LDMC" (I'm just waiting for the continuity LDMC to emerge) do propose a vote of No confidence in a standing committee this is no more than a bunch of people saying that there is no confidence there! there is no rule that states a committee be removed if a vote of no confidence is passed and unless each individual member is to resign there will be a committee in place. In addition if any club votes for such a motion I personally would be asking the club to explain why they held a meeting to discuss this and who or what exactly they have no confidence in. We have a whole gaggle of sideline lawyers who “advise” clubs and make a total mess of things.

So longtimefan no offence but babble away until you become constructive I for one will be ignoring your posts

Bye

see's it
12/10/2006, 10:42 AM
LADS I KNOW THAT ALL CLUBS HAVE THEIR PROBLEMS WITH OTHER CLUBS, PART OF THE CRAIC, BUT LADS PLEASE TELL WHATEVER CLUB THAT YOU ARE INVOLVED WITH THAT THESE "RIGHT PEOPLE" DON'T GIVE A FIG ABOUT ANY OF THE CLUBS, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES. IF THE ABOVE MENTIONED BIG CLUBS GO AHEAD AND TRY AND SCREW THE NEW AND IMPROVED LDMC, IT WILL BE SHAME ON YOU !!! LET GO FWD AND NOT GO BACK TO THE DARK AGES....

BARRYK , YOU CAN REST ASSURED THAT ONE OF THE BIGGEST CLUBS IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE WONT BE BACKING THE RIGHT PEOPLE.

big clubs caherdavin,mungret and geraldines ya right!:) :)

Jock MIB
12/10/2006, 3:39 PM
Hi Old Keeper, quick question on the website when do the fixtures after 29th November become know on the website... need to plan christmas shopping soon :)

Old keeper
12/10/2006, 6:01 PM
Old Keeper do you have the authority to as you said "personally" ask clubs anything about the content of their meetings are you not the only the PRO for LDMC.... and if my information is correct if we talk about democracy you were never voted onto LDMC by the clubs you were co-opted in. If anyone has the power to question any clubs regarding their meetings it should be the so called chairman and certainly not the PRO or are you still his voice as in the AGM.

Hi Bluesboys

I'm afraid your information is incorrect sorry. I was voted in at the last AGM.

In relation to the clubs being asked questions.

If any club decides to put forward a motion of no confidence in the committee then every member of the committee is being called into question. This gives any member of the committee the right to question the probety of the clubs actions.

With regard to speaking out at meetings.

I am sure it was a shock to many that the committee bit back at the last AGM but that’s life, I have been involved in many organisations both local national and international and have never been to a meeting where members on the one hand say there is no accountability but on the other hand get upset when there is a response from the top table. The whole point of having an AGM is to allow the clubs an input to the league and approve the committees running of same while also allowing questions to be asked and here is the crunch ANSWERED. I will only hope that at all future AGM's there will be far more accountability for actions and far more interaction between the committee and the floor. Just to be clear on this ANY member of the league can ask questions at the AGM be they a member of the committee or a delegate from a club.

However you are correct when you say I am ONLY the PRO but I must say I am proud to be ONLY the PRO for one of the largest leagues in the country.

For information purposes only, the title is "public relations officer" this means that my job is to ensure that the committees decisions are not misrepresented in any way and that the leagues decisions & policies are presented a manner that enhances the profile of the league both locally and nationally. From your point of view this is unfortunate as if there is any misinformation then my job is to correct it, but you and all the league members can rest assured that I will do this to the best of my ability even if it means challenging people who deliberately misrepresent the truth

If you need any other matters cleared up please post or PM me and I will respond

Old keeper
12/10/2006, 6:06 PM
Hi Old Keeper, quick question on the website when do the fixtures after 29th November become know on the website... need to plan christmas shopping soon :)

Hi Jock

I will have them up when the Fixtures secretary issues the dates but the second round games should be the reverse of the first round.

larrywhite
12/10/2006, 7:11 PM
Hi Bluesboys

I'm afraid your information is incorrect sorry. I was voted in at the last AGM.

In relation to the clubs being asked questions.

If any club decides to put forward a motion of no confidence in the committee then every member of the committee is being called into question. This gives any member of the committee the right to question the probety of the clubs actions.

With regard to speaking out at meetings.

I am sure it was a shock to many that the committee bit back at the last AGM but that’s life, I have been involved in many organisations both local national and international and have never been to a meeting where members on the one hand say there is no accountability but on the other hand get upset when there is a response from the top table. The whole point of having an AGM is to allow the clubs an input to the league and approve the committees running of same while also allowing questions to be asked and here is the crunch ANSWERED. I will only hope that at all future AGM's there will be far more accountability for actions and far more interaction between the committee and the floor. Just to be clear on this ANY member of the league can ask questions at the AGM be they a member of the committee or a delegate from a club.

However you are correct when you say I am ONLY the PRO but I must say I am proud to be ONLY the PRO for one of the largest leagues in the country.

For information purposes only, the title is "public relations officer" this means that my job is to ensure that the committees decisions are not misrepresented in any way and that the leagues decisions & policies are presented a manner that enhances the profile of the league both locally and nationally. From your point of view this is unfortunate as if there is any misinformation then my job is to correct it, but you and all the league members can rest assured that I will do this to the best of my ability even if it means challenging people who deliberately misrepresent the truth

If you need any other matters cleared up please post or PM me and I will respond

Hear hear.

As you suggested Oldkeeper, we are probably better off ignoring him as he seems intent on causing trouble.

Jock MIB
12/10/2006, 8:07 PM
thanks your doing great PRO work :)

Old keeper
12/10/2006, 9:56 PM
Theres no one intent on causing trouble am I not allowed to express an opinion and ask questions. Where in Old Keepers reply to me did it suggest to" ignore him" maybe you should read the post thoroughly before making a comment.

Hi Bluesboys

I think he may have confused you with longtimefan!

larrywhite
12/10/2006, 10:50 PM
Hi Bluesboys

I think he may have confused you with longtimefan!

Oops....exactly.

longtimefan
13/10/2006, 2:07 PM
Old Keeper do you have the authority to as you said "personally" ask clubs anything about the content of their meetings are you not the only the PRO for LDMC.... and if my information is correct if we talk about democracy you were never voted onto LDMC by the clubs you were co-opted in. If anyone has the power to question any clubs regarding their meetings it should be the so called chairman and certainly not the PRO or are you still his voice as in the AGM.

He has no idea how a AGM needs to be run he thinks he can talk when ever he wants. Things are run a certian way for a reason and changing them serves no one only the committee

Old keeper
13/10/2006, 2:37 PM
He has no idea how a AGM needs to be run he thinks he can talk when ever he wants. Things are run a certian way for a reason and changing them serves no one only the committee

Well no point in explaining to you the basics of representation then?

The committee represents ALL of the clubs not the chosen few and any member of the committee can speak at any time on matters that are being discussed. This will benefit ALL the clubs as they will get a rounded view of any subject not the view of one or two stirrers

Now if you are not going to be constructive just start your own thread and see the response you get!

longtimefan
13/10/2006, 3:46 PM
Well no point in explaining to you the basics of representation then?

The committee represents ALL of the clubs not the chosen few and any member of the committee can speak at any time on matters that are being discussed. This will benefit ALL the clubs as they will get a rounded view of any subject not the view of one or two stirrers

Now if you are not going to be constructive just start your own thread and see the response you get!

So unless im saying what you want I cant talk is that it.

Old keeper
13/10/2006, 8:46 PM
So unless im saying what you want I cant talk is that it.

Of course you can talk

But we were hoping for a bit more quality and a lot less quantity

Hoops 1967
18/10/2006, 7:23 AM
I did try to have a proposal passed at the last AGM that we would have a facilitator for each division who would be responsible for maintainining data for each of the divisions, this would have split the work load and we could place player stats on the system but there are also issues with some people not wanting yellow and red cards included in the player stats??? but we should be able to run with full stats soon as they are being collected but not displayed.

Hi Old Keeper any idea when this will be happening?

Old keeper
18/10/2006, 8:51 AM
Hi Old Keeper any idea when this will be happening?

Hi Hoops

The facilitators are on board. I have been very busy for the last few weeks so any delays are down to me, but after this week we should see movement on the new look website with the stats included.

Hoops 1967
18/10/2006, 11:55 AM
Nice one.

the only 1
18/10/2006, 1:33 PM
lads oldkeeper which is mr finnan is doin a good job dis year as it is only his first year on the ldmc

Roadend
18/10/2006, 1:54 PM
You're a regular Jessica Fletcher all the same.

Old keeper
21/10/2006, 10:23 PM

Hi
awaiting dates from the FS to put the 2nd round games up and change the website, should be done soon

Old keeper
21/10/2006, 10:28 PM
Hi

As you know the LDL has no treasurer at the moment, as a result the committee are looking for nominations for the position. I would urge any of you who are members of clubs to try and make sure your clubs discuss the nomination rather than take instruction from certain quarters. The nominations need to be in by the 31st of the month in order to have a special delegate meeting to elect the new treasurer.

Old keeper
23/10/2006, 11:25 PM
Hi

Some facts for your perusal

This weekend there are 19 referees available, 7 of these are doing two games each this gives us 26 games to play. there are 37 games scheduled not including games that are off due to the OT or for free weekends, so we are short 11 referees. This is the reason that games will be off over the weekend.

Dont forget it is the long weekend and refs have a life too!!!

Roadend
24/10/2006, 10:35 AM
When will the games off be known?

Jock MIB
24/10/2006, 11:47 AM
what is actually happening the website says games are on sunday the Star newspaper says some games on Saturday is that a miss print..

thought from last time that if there was a shortage of referees then the lower divisions will be taken into account this time. now i see that its has games on with refs but once again there are question marks beside few games in 3a , 3b, 4a and 4b.

why are we being overlooked again if it happens the same way as last time then my team will not have played a game since 1st October and there are no games scheduled for next week again.

starting to get very frustrating to keep a team together
:mad: