PDA

View Full Version : What Should the LDMC be Doing for Clubs ?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]

Jock MIB
03/04/2007, 8:29 AM
Good stuff Old Keeper. Just one thing.

On the website and in The Star it has:
Div 4B Cup
Croom United B Vs Parkville
St Patricks Vs Holycross
But the semi finals for the 4B Cup are:

Croom Vs St Pats
Shelbourne Vs St Pauls

Should these be league games?

its not a league game we have played st pats twice this season in league

Old keeper
03/04/2007, 8:55 AM

Div 4B Cup
St Patricks Vs Holycross

Croom Vs St Pats
Shelbourne Vs St Pauls

Hi
I Can only put up what the FS gives me and that is the fixture list. I will check and come back to you

oscar
03/04/2007, 4:53 PM
old keeper.....LEGEND

pearse4t3
03/04/2007, 5:18 PM
old keeper.....LEGEND

Old Keeper for president.........:D :D

Old keeper
03/04/2007, 10:31 PM

Div 4B Cup
St Patricks Vs Holycross

Croom Vs St Pats
Shelbourne Vs St Pauls

Hi it was an error in the fixtures issued by the FS

oscar
04/04/2007, 4:36 PM
or maybe he fcuked up,wouldn't be he's first time now would it

CousinSylDolan
04/04/2007, 4:44 PM

We have a real comedian here in this Oscar bloke... You have made some very intelligent posts in the last 10 mins on a number of threads... Keep it up.:mad:

gaidin
04/04/2007, 4:53 PM

Who the FS?

oscar
04/04/2007, 4:54 PM
i speak the truth:p

oscar
04/04/2007, 5:27 PM
Who the FS?

yes the FS

Old keeper
07/04/2007, 11:20 PM

Hi Oscar
An error or mistake! we can all make them. remember no one gets paid to run the LDL and a lot of time goes into getting things as near to right as possible

greenandwhite
10/04/2007, 11:17 PM
Hi Oscar
An error or mistake! we can all make them. remember no one gets paid to run the LDL and a lot of time goes into getting things as near to right as possible

why do you defend these guys one of the older ldmc memberss just told me that nonan has got the committee to stop any work that limerick37 were doing in jackman and he is gettin the lawers involved saying he has to protect the league. sure didnt the clubs vote on this already and said go ahead

kingofkillteely
16/04/2007, 1:50 PM
May ask why Coonaghs b team goalkeeper was suspended for 3 months, while a Shannon town b player got just 3 matches for the same offence for a second time this season?

see's it
16/04/2007, 2:31 PM
its down to the refs report on the match id say

Hoops 1967
18/04/2007, 1:13 PM
Old Keeper,

what has happened with the LDMC website it's seems as if there is even less info on it now than two weeks ago, have you still got plans for the website or is it been binned??

Old keeper
19/04/2007, 9:11 PM
May ask why Coonaghs b team goalkeeper was suspended for 3 months, while a Shannon town b player got just 3 matches for the same offence for a second time this season?

Hi King

I dont know the details of the incidents, but many things may seem the same but the referees report is what determines the suspension.

Old keeper
19/04/2007, 9:14 PM
Old Keeper,

what has happened with the LDMC website it's seems as if there is even less info on it now than two weeks ago, have you still got plans for the website or is it been binned??

Hi Hoops

There are a couple of issues in relation to access to the site at the moment but these should be resolved by the next meeting and normal service will be resumed

Sorry for the lack of info at probably the most critical time of the season when teams are competing to go up or down. but it's for reasons outside of my control

Roadend
23/04/2007, 9:05 AM
Oldkeeper, a quick question. What's the position of a team if a ref puts in a match report which contains a completely made up incident and that team gets called up in front of the LDMC?

Old keeper
24/04/2007, 8:39 AM
Oldkeeper, a quick question. What's the position of a team if a ref puts in a match report which contains a completely made up incident and that team gets called up in front of the LDMC?

Hi Roadend

Firstly it would be very unusual for any ref to "make something up" and referees reports are sent directly to the FS so any one who says they saw one before a meeting is just pulling your leg. The first step you need to take is to request a copy of the referees report from the LDL this request must be submitted in writing. ALL clubs are entitled to a copy of the refs report for any game they are participating in. Secondly your club should write an account of the goings on and submit this to the LDL. If you are called by the LDL to give your side of the story then your club should bring any people or documentation that may have any bearing on the situation.

Hope the above was helpful

kingofkillteely
24/04/2007, 4:32 PM
Thanks old keeper, pity there aint a few more like you in the ldmc.

Old keeper
24/04/2007, 11:29 PM
Hi Please make sure your clubs are aware of this, it's your chance to propose changes to all those rules you guys keep telling me are silly!

The Limerick district league would like to remind clubs that any nominations for positions in the league or any proposed rule changes MUST be submitted in writing on or before the 29th April for consideration by the committee. All nominees must be nominated by a minimum of 2 clubs, all nominations must be on club headed notepaper and must be signed by the chairman and secretary of the club. Details of the date and location of the League AGM will be published shortly.

Please not that the LDL committee will not meet on Tuesday next as the league is playing the Desmond league in the Oscar Traynor, the meeting has been switched to Monday at 7pm players and clubs who wish to see the committee are asked to attend after 9pm.

larrywhite
25/04/2007, 9:09 AM
Hi Please make sure your clubs are aware of this, it's your chance to propose changes to all those rules you guys keep telling me are silly!

The Limerick district league would like to remind clubs that any nominations for positions in the league or any proposed rule changes MUST be submitted in writing on or before the 29th April for consideration by the committee. All nominees must be nominated by a minimum of 2 clubs, all nominations must be on club headed notepaper and must be signed by the chairman and secretary of the club. Details of the date and location of the League AGM will be published shortly.

Please not that the LDL committee will not meet on Tuesday next as the league is playing the Desmond league in the Oscar Traynor, the meeting has been switched to Monday at 7pm players and clubs who wish to see the committee are asked to attend after 9pm.

Hi Oldkeeper,

Just a point on the changing of rules.

I know that any proposals have to be correctly submitted and refer to the exact rule number etc. Im sure quite a few clubs do not have a correct up to date rulebook within their club, I know we dont, and would find it difficult to get any proposals correct. Any proposal with the slightest mistake would be thrown out.

As far as I know its been a few years since an up to date rulebook was printed but in surely it wouldnt be that hard to publish one in .doc or .pdf format and put it on the LDMC website so anyone can download it or print it. The FAI rulebook is on their website in .pdf format so I cant see why the LDMC cant do this. It would save money on the actual printing of them and any updates could be easily changed.

Old keeper
25/04/2007, 9:17 AM
Hi Oldkeeper,

Just a point on the changing of rules.

I know that any proposals have to be correctly submitted and refer to the exact rule number etc. Im sure quite a few clubs do not have a correct up to date rulebook within their club, I know we dont, and would find it difficult to get any proposals correct. Any proposal with the slightest mistake would be thrown out.

As far as I know its been a few years since an up to date rulebook was printed but in surely it wouldnt be that hard to publish one in .doc or .pdf format and put it on the LDMC website so anyone can download it or print it. The FAI rulebook is on their website in .pdf format so I cant see why the LDMC cant do this. It would save money on the actual printing of them and any updates could be easily changed.

Hi

I agree that the way forward is to have the rules posted on the site but the committee made a decision that this would not happen. This could be a proposal from your club to the AGM. any clubs that would like a rule book should contact the committee or just mail me.

greenandwhite
28/04/2007, 10:40 PM
Old keeper

is it true that the website was off for the last few weeks cause the committee wouldnt pay the bill

Old keeper
01/05/2007, 3:11 PM
Old keeper

is it true that the website was off for the last few weeks cause the committee wouldnt pay the bill

No It is not true that the LDMC would not pay the bill, It is true to say there was a delay and the service was suspended, the site will have full access in a few days

smellyfeet
02/05/2007, 2:16 PM
Old keeper,

Why is the sky blue, and while your at it, have you got tonights lotto results:)

First
02/05/2007, 2:35 PM
Old keeper,

Why is the sky blue, and while your at it, have you got tonights lotto results:)

Get back over to the Clare League Thread and stop taking the **** out of people:)

Fairkop
02/05/2007, 9:57 PM
Get back over to the Clare League Thread and stop taking the **** out of people:)

he is right to take the p...s.the way things are going we will have to clone the poor chap after you lot.

Jock MIB
05/05/2007, 3:58 PM

The people in power have been taking the p**s out of lower league teams for years now, taking there money and delivering a well well well below par service...

Old keeper
05/05/2007, 4:05 PM
The people in power have been taking the p**s out of lower league teams for years now, taking there money and delivering a well well well below par service...

Hi Jock

While I understand your frustration I cannot think of a single club who has requested a change in structure, administration or any other issue that would make things easier for clubs in the lower divisions. A lot of the teams you refer to have also teams in the higher divisions so the clubs are fully aware (or should be ) of the issues you refer to. Until the "Clubs" who feel downtrodden actually speak up, the status quo will remain. One or two committee members can't change things without the public and vocal support of clubs

Jock MIB
05/05/2007, 6:39 PM
Hi Jock

While I understand your frustration I cannot think of a single club who has requested a change in structure, administration or any other issue that would make things easier for clubs in the lower divisions. A lot of the teams you refer to have also teams in the higher divisions so the clubs are fully aware (or should be ) of the issues you refer to. Until the "Clubs" who feel downtrodden actually speak up, the status quo will remain. One or two committee members can't change things without the public and vocal support of clubs

because they know it will do diddly sqwat, the same people will do the same thing and get what they want and thats all the lower leagues to just give up and leave less leagues.. so it will cure the referee problem... tell me how paying the same amount as a premier or 1a or 1b team and my 4b team have played one game in nine weeks... not as a PRO but as a soccer person tell me why that is?

B1977
06/05/2007, 2:36 PM
Anyone out there whose team has gone weeks without a game ?
what the longest length of time a team hasnt played a match in.Is it possible to get junior matches played on the allweather in UL.what about a rule where teams must be given a fixture atleast every 3 weeks,even if its a B or C team,that they will get preference over their A team.:confused:

Old keeper
06/05/2007, 9:53 PM
because they know it will do diddly sqwat, the same people will do the same thing and get what they want and thats all the lower leagues to just give up and leave less leagues.. so it will cure the referee problem... tell me how paying the same amount as a premier or 1a or 1b team and my 4b team have played one game in nine weeks... not as a PRO but as a soccer person tell me why that is?

Simple answer! I can't

I agree that going even 2 weeks without a game can totally destroy a teams balance and focus. I do think that if clubs are more vocal this will be prevented. the days of saying there is no point in trying to change anything are gone, clubs are the power and until they realise this individuals will feel they have the right to do as they please

3 Heroes
07/05/2007, 12:45 AM
Simple answer! I can't

I agree that going even 2 weeks without a game can totally destroy a teams balance and focus. I do think that if clubs are more vocal this will be prevented. the days of saying there is no point in trying to change anything are gone, clubs are the power and until they realise this individuals will feel they have the right to do as they please
Well ok the power then lies with those in 1A or higher so, what's the point in us voting so...

Jock MIB
07/05/2007, 8:54 AM
how many votes does each club get?

i know different clubs get different votes whats the break down?

and how many votes do a certain idea need to get passed?

holycrossjock

Old keeper
07/05/2007, 11:26 AM
how many votes does each club get?

i know different clubs get different votes whats the break down?

and how many votes do a certain idea need to get passed?

holycrossjock

Hi Jock

Clubs get a vote for each team they have registered. IE Patrickswell have 3 Junior and 1 Youth team so have 4 votes.
A simple Majority of the clubs present on the night can carry any proposed rule change,

In the past there has been a rush to leave after the voting in of the committee and there are only a handful of clubs left to vote on rule changes. 2 or 3 clubs can make a huge difference at these times

Jock MIB
08/05/2007, 10:32 PM
Hi Jock

Clubs get a vote for each team they have registered. IE Patrickswell have 3 Junior and 1 Youth team so have 4 votes.
A simple Majority of the clubs present on the night can carry any proposed rule change,

In the past there has been a rush to leave after the voting in of the committee and there are only a handful of clubs left to vote on rule changes. 2 or 3 clubs can make a huge difference at these times

aka the bigger teams have the power :(

Old keeper
08/05/2007, 10:55 PM
aka the bigger teams have the power :(

No, the CLUBS who try to expand have proportionally more votes than clubs with one team, would you class St Patrick's as a "big club", we struggle just like every other club but we do speak out on issues at the AGM and other delegate meetings. to be fair the system works well when clubs participate but getting clubs to participate is the challenge.