PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List for Germany tickets

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

keenanboy
23/06/2006, 8:07 PM
Hi there,
seeing as many people are both booking match tickets online and applying to the FAI, thought it might be a good idea to start some kind of waiting list for those who couldn't get any. Some peoples applications will come through as well as the tickets they bought from eventim.de so I'm guessing alot of people will have spares. Seeing as I'm here now I'll put my name down for tickets please :) Was looking for 5 but realistically anything will do!!

Updated List 29th August

1. Fireball (2 tks)
2. Murtybyrne (3 tkts)
3. Irish Tricky (2 tkts)
4. Jockser (2 tkts)
5. DubJohn (3 tkts)
6. Kingdom (2 tkts)
7. Pegan (2 tkts)
8 Ddelaney (2 tkts)
9. Green Machine (2 tkts)
10. Beal Feirste (3 tkts)
11. Westside hoop (2 tkts)
12. Duffman (2 tkts)
13. Mayo Bhoy (1 tkt)
14. Jerry the Saint (3 tkts)
15. GK for the Town (3 tkts)
16. RDBloomfield (3 tkts)
17. Stickyjoe (1 tkts)
18. nKeane (3 tkts)

Total 41 tkts required

Jon'o
23/06/2006, 8:25 PM
Hi there,
seeing as many people are both booking match tickets online and applying to the FAI, thought it might be a good idea to start some kind of waiting list for those who couldn't get any. Some peoples applications will come through as well as the tickets they bought from eventim.de so I'm guessing alot of people will have spares. Seeing as I'm here now I'll put my name down for tickets please :) Was looking for 5 but realistically anything will do!!

Top idea, dont forget some people (my self included) have offered their uk addresses for people who still want to buy tickets from the eventim site and then have them forwarded on home to you lads.

Dont forget, foot.ie rules tickets for sale must be sold for face value.

Good luck

keenanboy
23/06/2006, 8:58 PM
Cheers mate,
just thought if we all pulled together we can be the 12th man that the team will need. I've retried buying 5 tickets with my mate's belgian address so fingers crossed, but if i come into any other ones from my mates etc. I'll be only too happy to sell them on here at face value.

Soko
24/06/2006, 12:53 AM
I'll be getting a few more sent through a German address too if anyone needs it

keenanboy
24/06/2006, 10:22 AM
soko I might well take you up on those!

elroy
27/06/2006, 10:23 AM
Same as, looking for 5 tickets but if anyone can help just to get one or two, would really appreciate it. Thanks.

casso36
27/06/2006, 10:33 AM
If any going spare for this game need two please!!!!

paul_oshea
27/06/2006, 3:43 PM
ya as i said lads let me know if you want a uk address. looks like ill be home for the next roscommon match ( finger crossed ) so i could prolly meet ppl to hand them over in person.

keenanboy
27/06/2006, 7:58 PM
Lads those tickets I booked to the Belgian address came through so I'm sorted. You can consider my ticketing needs satisfied. If the other ones do amazingly materialise they'll be given to the lads on this list. Cheers again to the likes of Paul O'Shea for the kind offer of his UK postal address. Its people like him that make this site worthwhile

Reddladd
27/06/2006, 10:23 PM
My tickets have also been cancelled(I ordered them last Friday week) but I have a contact in Germany so should be sound. Didn't get my credit refunded though. Has anyone had the money credited back to their card??

Milesmayhem24
28/06/2006, 12:01 AM
My tickets have also been cancelled(I ordered them last Friday week) but I have a contact in Germany so should be sound. Didn't get my credit refunded though. Has anyone had the money credited back to their card??

In same boat. Money was taken out of credit card straight away but still no sign of getting it back. Hope they get their act together soon!

Quball15
28/06/2006, 3:05 PM
Hey Im a long time lurker on these boards, Im only setting out on my career in the green army and if any spares are floating around id be grateful for 2

Thanks!

4tothefloor
28/06/2006, 6:53 PM
Lads those tickets I booked to the Belgian address came through so I'm sorted. You can consider my ticketing needs satisfied. If the other ones do amazingly materialise they'll be given to the lads on this list. Cheers again to the likes of Paul O'Shea for the kind offer of his UK postal address. Its people like him that make this site worthwhile
keenanboy, did you use your Irish credit card to buy the tickets? Just asking because I can get a foreign address to buy tickets, and wondering will they cop the Irish credit card??

I'll join this waiting list too by the way, 3 tickets needed!

green army
28/06/2006, 8:24 PM
if anyone will have 2 spares, please keep me in mind.

keenanboy
28/06/2006, 8:52 PM
keenanboy, did you use your Irish credit card to buy the tickets? Just asking because I can get a foreign address to buy tickets, and wondering will they cop the Irish credit card??

I'll join this waiting list too by the way, 3 tickets needed!

I used the same credit card that I did the first time when they cancelled on me! Its an Irish mastercard. I just stuck down a foreign billing address and shipping address. Billing addresses don't really matter you can put down what you like there the money will still come off your card.

Milesmayhem24
29/06/2006, 9:59 AM
I'd be looking for three tickets if there's any spares floating around. Applied through FAI but not holding out much hope

rodoman
29/06/2006, 6:56 PM
Any of you any idea when the FAI will enlighten us to whether any of us are getting tickets, or not ???

P.S. I tried getting tickets tru eventim, no joy, phoned them monday about getting my money back, phoned them again today (thur), was told by yer wan she'd pass it on to their billing dept. I getting the impression we're going to have to haunt them to get the spon back :(

Jon'o
29/06/2006, 7:33 PM
I think the FAI wanted to see if they'd get any more tickets - unlikely as we've all brought most of the rest of the ground up.

The booking form said that the forms had to be returned correctly completed by yesterday.

Id say that once people find out if they have tickets from the FAI or not then there will be plenty of spares available, just sit tight and keep your eyes peeled

Superhoops
29/06/2006, 7:56 PM
I think the FAI wanted to see if they'd get any more tickets - unlikely as we've all brought most of the rest of the ground up.

The booking form said that the forms had to be returned correctly completed by yesterday.
Id say that once people find out if they have tickets from the FAI or not then there will be plenty of spares available, just sit tight and keep your eyes peeled
My form says it needs to be back by Weds. 5 July

Fireball
29/06/2006, 9:09 PM
Lads, I'd like to add my name to the growing list of fans needing tickets for the match. Have accommodation and flights sorted. Just two match tickets now needed. Any help appreciatiated!!

oconghc2
29/06/2006, 9:13 PM
My form says it needs to be back by Weds. 5 July

mine was 28th too. Are you a blockbooker or on the waiting list superhoops?

scousedub
29/06/2006, 9:22 PM
superhoops, hope you got your dates right, any one i know who had application forms had to be in by 28th June

Schumi
30/06/2006, 12:12 PM
Mine says Wednesday too.

jbyrne
30/06/2006, 12:51 PM
mine said next wed the 5th july but got it in last monday in anycase. one of the lads i am traveling with had a form that said 28th june :confused:

Superhoops
30/06/2006, 4:13 PM
superhoops, hope you got your dates right, any one i know who had application forms had to be in by 28th June
I'm a Block Booker and definitely 5 July.

Beavis
30/06/2006, 4:17 PM
Mine said 28th, I'm not a block booker

Forever Dreamin
30/06/2006, 9:16 PM
28th but in fairness i dont think they are that strict on dates, they will try and look after those with a track record of going to away games and then draw lots for the rest. remember they have a record going back donkeys years of who bought tickets, and its pretty easy to look at anyone whos gone to the majority of away games over the past 10 yrs or whatever, and in fairness they are entitled to a bit of preference in my opinion!

Jens1893
01/07/2006, 10:29 PM
if you missed the boat on the eventim tickets, theyre still fairly cheap on ebay ... when i consider the amount of irish travelling and the world cup germany have played so far, im expecting the ticket prices to shoot up any minute

http://search.ebay.de/deutschland-irland_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300

jbyrne
03/07/2006, 9:43 AM
they will try and look after those with a track record of going to away games and then draw lots for the rest

they have never rewarded loyalty like this before and doubt they will this time. question was put to john delaney on radio a while back and the order was..
sponsors and players then ten yr ticket holders then block bookers including clubs and leagues. any tkts left over after sponsors, players and 10 yr tkt holders will be raffled with all block bookers getting equal chance (depending on amt of tkts they block book) no matter what their previous record. non block bookers havnt a hope id say

casso36
03/07/2006, 10:41 AM
If any going spare for this game need two please!!!!

Thanks, just got email from borther to say that the 3 tickets i ordered last thurday arrive at his london address this morning. So i'll no longer be requiring the 2 tickets requested.

May have 1 left over so will post it here when i find out if my mate is comming if not ticket will be sold face value!!!!!

wooman
05/07/2006, 4:11 PM
if you missed the boat on the eventim tickets, theyre still fairly cheap on ebay ... when i consider the amount of irish travelling and the world cup germany have played so far, im expecting the ticket prices to shoot up any minute

http://search.ebay.de/deutschland-irland_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300

anyone bought of the germans on ebay yet?

would it be much hassel?

i know u just pay throguh paypal so i suppose therell b little or no contact.

got flights and accomodation sorted but just waiting on a mate to get back to me on the ticket situation. dont want to be withough so might put a bid on ebay to be on the safe side

gunnerbar
05/07/2006, 5:00 PM
Am also in need of 2 as stupidly missed the bb boat and also seemingly this German site.

Jon'o
05/07/2006, 5:42 PM
anyone bought of the germans on ebay yet?

would it be much hassel?

i know u just pay throguh paypal so i suppose therell b little or no contact.

got flights and accomodation sorted but just waiting on a mate to get back to me on the ticket situation. dont want to be withough so might put a bid on ebay to be on the safe side

I'd say you'd be fine, i was talking to one of the german lads who was selling tickets on ebay the other day and he seemed sound... replyed to my email within half an hour

good thing is that the german crowd on ebay are generaly selling tickets at face value where as everyone else is selling them for £££

Junior
05/07/2006, 6:41 PM
good thing is that the german crowd on ebay are generaly selling tickets at face value where as everyone else is selling them for £££

apart from the odd guy who can't make the game, why would you bother buying up tickets to resell them on ebay for face value???

Jens1893
05/07/2006, 6:46 PM
apart from the odd guy who can't make the game, why would you bother buying up tickets to resell them on ebay for face value???

The prices right now are still pretty decent. Plenty of tickets to be had for like 40 €, which obviously more than face value, but not outrageous by any means. When you consider the estimated amount of Irish travelling AND what´s been happening here recently that price should shoot up soon.

reder
06/07/2006, 9:58 AM
I'd say most block bookers wont even get tickets from the FAI. It'll be like the switz away game in the last euros. I am a block booker who has got tickets for ever home game for the last 10 years and I got nothing for that game.

Strangely enough 747, Abbey etc managed to source a few hundred tickets in the irish section for that game. I know the FAI doesnt give them tickets but you just have to wonder where these people get such large quantities of tickets. So many travel agents are selling packages with guaranteed irish section tickets at the moment.

elroy
06/07/2006, 1:03 PM
Tickets on ebay are now going for about 60+ compared to 50 odd the last few days, so Id say get them now or in a few weeks they could be crazy prices. Doubt the germans have even thought about looking for tickets for this game yet.

Forever Dreamin
06/07/2006, 2:42 PM
they have never rewarded loyalty like this before and doubt they will this time. question was put to john delaney on radio a while back and the order was..
sponsors and players then ten yr ticket holders then block bookers including clubs and leagues. any tkts left over after sponsors, players and 10 yr tkt holders will be raffled with all block bookers getting equal chance (depending on amt of tkts they block book) no matter what their previous record. non block bookers havnt a hope id say

thats th eofficail line but i know a few of them in the ticket office and they do try and look after the people they know that go to most away games. Applied for 4 for Basle mark 1 got 4, applied for 4 for Brussells got 4, applied for 4 for all away games so hope to get the 4 for this one. Will still be looking for 1 or 2 poss for fellas that go to about half the games and lads that arent on the bb scheme. Not saying its fair but a lot better than ticketmaster etc, remeber those on the BB scheme fromt the start have gone to lots of games that were not slel outs or anywhere near it. Remember being in lasndown with as low as 15,000 wathcing when Giles was in charge and then Hand! Team used tostay in the Central Hotel and then the Tara Towers. Could you imagine his corkness in the Tara Tower;) :rolleyes: s?

jbyrne
06/07/2006, 3:40 PM
Team used tostay in the Central Hotel and then the Tara Towers. Could you imagine his corkness in the Tara Tower;) :rolleyes: s?

think the team actually stayed in the dorms in blackrock college for a while in the 70's!! off-topic i know... sorry

Forever Dreamin
06/07/2006, 4:35 PM
think the team actually stayed in the dorms in blackrock college for a while in the 70's!! off-topic i know... sorry

not quite, but they used to train on the lawn in front of the college while Giles was manager, i know because i used to bunk off school to watch them train and get the autographs etc, and believe me then you got slagged off for goig to an ireland game at home dont mind away!!:D :D

murtybyrne
08/07/2006, 4:35 PM
Well Gents I was also one of the Few, who got his credit card refunded by eventim!!!

So if anyone has any spare tickets for the german game pls let us know!!

murtybyrne22@hotmail.com

irish tricky
12/07/2006, 8:33 AM
Hi

The FAI made a balls of my application. I am a blockbooker, i sent in my email back in May. I rang them at the start of June to make sure i was on teh correct list and she said i was.

I rang again the other day asking why did i not get an application form, she said they made a mistake and put me on the general list instead of the blockbooking list, muppets!!! So no tickets!!

So I am looking for 2 also, if anyone has any spare

Thanks

Oleole
12/07/2006, 9:15 AM
Hi

Stupidly I only came across the guide to eventim.de in the last week when all the tkts were gone. Have tried the FAI but no luck. Am also bidding on ebay but keep getting outbid. So if anyone had any spare tkts it would be much appreciated....

Kempes1-0
12/07/2006, 11:15 AM
Just got the dreaded email from eventim saying my credit card will soon be refunded...took them long enough as i had originally booked on the 17th June. Anyway, on the look out for just two wee tickets if anyone wants to take pity on me!

Junior
12/07/2006, 3:31 PM
;) Is it me just getting very cynical in my old age or does there seem to be a fair number of posters appearing with a very low number of posts looking for tickets for this game.........................................

I am not accusing anyone of anything and no offence mean't if you've just come across the site and are heading to the game etc.... but I wouldn't put it past those pesky touts to make a few token posts before looking for some briefs at face value to sell on at a healthy profit!!;)

Oleole
12/07/2006, 4:14 PM
Hi Junior,
yes, I'm one of those of those johnny-come-lately posters and I know it must look a bit dodgy to seasoned veterans but I only came across the site last week (don't know what I was at till then). Have been going to home games since the early 90's and apart from the friendly in Amsterdam in '04, the trip to Stuttgart will be my first full away game. just finding it hard to get the tickets, stupidly thought the hard part would be getting the flights + accom. So I am legit and its killing me to put bids on ebay and deal with these guys who are trying to make a nice profit for themselves....

Forever Dreamin
12/07/2006, 4:33 PM
Hi Junior,
yes, I'm one of those of those johnny-come-lately posters and I know it must look a bit dodgy to seasoned veterans but I only came across the site last week (don't know what I was at till then). Have been going to home games since the early 90's and apart from the friendly in Amsterdam in '04, the trip to Stuttgart will be my first full away game. just finding it hard to get the tickets, stupidly thought the hard part would be getting the flights + accom. So I am legit and its killing me to put bids on ebay and deal with these guys who are trying to make a nice profit for themselves....

i would imagine that there will be a few tickets flaoting around on the day of the game from genuine irish supporters. we should have a few spares but wont really know till the day of the game and can ascertain all our regular gang are sorted. Dont pay mad money to touts.

Oleole
12/07/2006, 4:47 PM
Thanks for that. Yeah, I'll see what happens closer to the game. Have some German friends who have been fairly useless (and distracted by WC) up till now. Also don't think they realised how quick off the mark the Irish are in sorting out away games! Should be good craic seeing their faces when half the stadium is in green!

jbyrne
12/07/2006, 5:17 PM
i would imagine that there will be a few tickets flaoting around on the day of the game from genuine irish supporters. we should have a few spares but wont really know till the day of the game and can ascertain all our regular gang are sorted. Dont pay mad money to touts.

i would say most people that applied for fai tickets also got tickets from eventim so when the FAI ones are allocated there should be a decent amt of spares floating about. I'm sure the FAI tickets will be allocated in a few weeks leaving about 4 weeks for others to pick up spares. dont give in to touts.... was badly stung (along with many others) for Basle 03

Kempes1-0
12/07/2006, 5:55 PM
;) Is it me just getting very cynical in my old age or does there seem to be a fair number of posters appearing with a very low number of posts looking for tickets for this game.........................................

I am not accusing anyone of anything and no offence mean't if you've just come across the site and are heading to the game etc.... but I wouldn't put it past those pesky touts to make a few token posts before looking for some briefs at face value to sell on at a healthy profit!!;)

I'm in me old age too! Been at matches since home v. Belgium in '87, not that regular admittedly. Discovered the site about 2 years ago, round about the time i could finally afford to go to a few away games. So i don't post much since logging on last year, check the content of my posts to see if i sound like a tout.
Despite the credential checkers:mad: , still think its a great site, as i wouldn't have known about the block booking list and also good for sourcing tickets in general. Keep it up lads.