PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2005/06

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Nibzer
13/10/2005, 1:19 PM
Ha...an eye for an eye!

Unreal Madrid
13/10/2005, 1:49 PM
Also, any information on Lisselton Rovers who we (Bridge United) play on Sunday.
We are fairly depleted though with injuries for the weekend!

Only heard that a local hotelier is pumping big money into the club and that they are attracting a lot of players that way.

CousinSylDolan
13/10/2005, 2:00 PM
Only heard that a local hotelier is pumping big money into the club and that they are attracting a lot of players that way.

This is true... A lot of clubs in the Kerry area are not too happy with Lisselton as they have approached a lot of the top players envelope in hand if you know what I mean...

Supposed to be a good side this year.

Prem Rep!
13/10/2005, 2:38 PM
We'll be without John Fahy, John Downes and Denis Murphy so should be a very big ask for us to get a result.

francesco_1
13/10/2005, 4:37 PM
[QUOTE=francesco_1]

No, he's not Tommy.

Lets see, Shels to Caherdavin (could not get on there) back to Shels and now to Celtic in 3 years. (pot calling kettle black, at least Abbeyvale moved around prem)

This is the same guy that signed 2 forms at the start of the season with Shels and Celtic and got suspended for 6 weeks (what a t*t). So your experience in the big league is maybe 2 games :o . Have you ever even won a prem game:eek: .

Welcome to foot.ie Cos.

Sorry to let you down but im not cozzie....if you were with shel's last year you'd no me bud.

abbeyvale
13/10/2005, 8:27 PM
[QUOTE=francesco_1]

No, he's not Tommy.

Lets see, Shels to Caherdavin (could not get on there) back to Shels and now to Celtic in 3 years. (pot calling kettle black, at least Abbeyvale moved around prem)

This is the same guy that signed 2 forms at the start of the season with Shels and Celtic and got suspended for 6 weeks (what a t*t). So your experience in the big league is maybe 2 games :o . Have you ever even won a prem game:eek: .

Welcome to foot.ie Cos.

Unreal Madrid.
The clue is in his username..........think about it!!!!

Francesco 1.

Unreal Madrid
13/10/2005, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE=Unreal Madrid]

Unreal Madrid.
The clue is in his username..........think about it!!!!

Francesco 1.

Got you now, sub to the Oscar Traynor sub. Did not think it was him at the start as he can spell :D

By the way, it was Prospect B apart from when Larry had a claim in.

tralee_dynamo
14/10/2005, 7:15 AM
Now what can you tell me about Killarney Celtic. We (Bunratty, Clare) travel to play them on Sunday in the FAI.

Killarney Celtic are one of the top 6 teams in Kerry and are good enough at home!. They are not bad,and they do try to knock the ball about and play decent football. Their right winger (can't remember his name) is a decent player, and so is their centre back (David Hayes),captain of the Kerry U21 team.

However I reckon ye should get a result, Killarney Celtic haven't got it together in competitions outside of Kerry in the last few years!

tralee_dynamo
14/10/2005, 7:22 AM
Also, any information on Lisselton Rovers who we (Bridge United) play on Sunday.
We are fairly depleted though with injuries for the weekend!

Besides ourselves, Lisselton were the only team in Kerry last year to win silverware. They have alot of Kerry U21 talent mixed with alot of experienced players. They did get to the last 16 of the FAI two years ago and I reckon they fancy putting a decent run together this year.

They have lost a few players from last years squad (to us mainly) but they have replaced them with some players just as good. Overall they are a very young team.

Are ye at home?,they are not great travellers!

CousinSylDolan
14/10/2005, 7:43 AM
Killarney Celtic are one of the top 6 teams in Kerry and are good enough at home!. They are not bad,and they do try to knock the ball about and play decent football. Their right winger (can't remember his name) is a decent player, and so is their centre back (David Hayes),captain of the Kerry U21 team.

However I reckon ye should get a result, Killarney Celtic haven't got it together in competitions outside of Kerry in the last few years!

Cheers... I'll let you know Monday how we do.

Prem Rep!
14/10/2005, 8:24 AM
Are ye at home?,they are not great travellers!

No we are playing in Tralee at 2.30

abbeyvale
14/10/2005, 4:54 PM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale]

Got you now, sub to the Oscar Traynor sub. Did not think it was him at the start as he can spell :D

To be honest I'm surprised he could even spell Francesco

Gaillimh Al
17/10/2005, 7:40 PM
Hibs beat Mervue Utd on penalties in big game of weekend in Galway

Den Perry
18/10/2005, 7:57 AM
just joined up hello all! On the subject of Peake Villa, Finnan seems to be taking this all very seriously. In addition, Villa held on to both Derek Loughnane and Ted O'Connor who were both on the verge of leaving prior to the cup win over Michaels. That said, he has a job on his hands as Villa are currently bottom with some togh games ahead. On paper though they are too good to go down but......

Prem Rep!
18/10/2005, 9:21 AM
Lisselton 3 Bridge United 0
Fair play to Lisselton, they beat us fair and square although they weren't three goals better than us. They took the lead on 70 mins and against the run of play in what was a tight game up until then. In their keeper they have serious sportsmanship issues. We were slightly disappointed after the game also that Lisselton had nothing organised for us. I know all Clare teams look after any travelling teams who come to Clare. I am sure this is not the case for all Kerry teams but Lisselton let the Kerry league down at the weekend. No hospitality, very little sportsmanship. Additionally I'm sure I spotted an Ex league of Ireland player playing for them and would question whether his registration could possibly have gone through for him to play Junior football.

tipp man
18/10/2005, 10:46 AM
Statoil FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round (from www.southtippsoccer.com)

Glengoole United…6 Burncourt Celtic…1

Sarsfield Rovers…1 Rearcross (NTDL)…3

Wilderness Rovers…2 Lismore (WWEC)…2

(AET: Lismore won 4-1 pens)

Clonmore United (NTDL)…2 Killenaule Rovers…1 (AET)

Clonmel Town…2 Nenagh Celtic (NTDL)…1

Clonmel Celtic…3 Cloughjordan (NTDL)…3

(AET: Cloughjordan won 5-4 pens)

Clerihan FC…0 Blackcastle United (NTDL)…4

Killusty FC…2 Cormackstown Rovers (NTDL)…2

(AET: Killusty won 6-5 on pens)

Mullinahone FC…1 Arra Rovers (NTDL)…2

Moyglass United…4 Ballymackey (NTDL)…1

Gooldscross FC…4 Rock Rovers…3

gnasher
18/10/2005, 11:07 AM
Gaillimh Al Hibs beat Mervue Utd on penalties in big game of weekend in Galway

Any other results from Galway? How many of the big teams are left in it?

allrounder
18/10/2005, 2:50 PM
7 Kerry 7 Clare 2 Desmond

Tralee Dys v Moher Clt - Tralee
Newcastle West v Ballybunion - Newcastle West
Newtown v St Brendans - St Brendans
Cratloe v Spa Road - Cratloe
Hermitage v Avenue - Avenue
Killarney Clt v Lisselton - Lisselton
Rathkeale v Tralee Clt - Rathkeale
Mountshannon v Bridge Clt - Bridge Celtic

Dont Know much about the Kerry Teams Left. Would like some feedback. Which Tralee team is stronger. Dynamos or Celtic? Are Spa from Tralee aswell?

abbeyvale
18/10/2005, 9:36 PM
just joined up hello all! On the subject of Peake Villa, Finnan seems to be taking this all very seriously. In addition, Villa held on to both Derek Loughnane and Ted O'Connor who were both on the verge of leaving prior to the cup win over Michaels. That said, he has a job on his hands as Villa are currently bottom with some togh games ahead. On paper though they are too good to go down but......

Having a good team "on paper" means nothing these days, if they don't get their finger out they will be relegated.

kingpin
19/10/2005, 8:51 AM

Dont Know much about the Kerry Teams Left. Would like some feedback. Which Tralee team is stronger. Dynamos or Celtic? Are Spa from Tralee aswell?
Dynamos are definatley the stronger tralee team.

BallBreaker
19/10/2005, 11:17 AM

do you travel all around Munster or are these only guesses,you should only make a prediction on something you know about,not a guess............

francesco_1
19/10/2005, 11:22 AM
[QUOTE=abbeyvale]

Well with prospect b we won the league 18 match's from 18,im still a record breaker and nobody will match that........:)

francesco_1
19/10/2005, 11:23 AM
[QUOTE=Unreal Madrid]

To be honest I'm surprised he could even spell Francesco

alan S.M.B

Neutral Jo
19/10/2005, 11:25 AM
Nobody likes a show off francis, self praise is no praise, and it was a B team aswell? In my day that would not be a good record. Lets get real.

tralee_dynamo
19/10/2005, 3:06 PM
Any info in Moher Celtic?...sounds like they are from Clare...

papa-j
19/10/2005, 3:31 PM
Any info in Moher Celtic?...sounds like they are from Clare...

From West Clare. They got relegated from the clare premier last year but I feel they were unlucky to go down. If they have their full team GAA players included they will be strong enough. On the other hand if they dont then they could be quite poor. Depends on the day & who shows up for them really. Tell me more about St Brendans.

allrounder
20/10/2005, 12:59 PM
Any info on spa road??

tralee_dynamo
20/10/2005, 1:06 PM
Tell me more about St Brendans.

St Brendans are known as "the Park" in Kerry and would be our main rivals in the Kerry District League. The are from Tralee and and have a large squad of players to choose from. Besides the players I have mentioned already, they have an excellent winger known as "Wally", who is very quick and scores alot of goals. They also have a very good centre-midfielder (Damien Reid).

They are very good going forward but their weakness would be their defence, their goal keeper isn't great, and their back four wouldn't be world beaters either as they conceed many goals in the Kerry District League alone.

Thats about all I know...its all on the day I suppose!

abbeyvale
22/10/2005, 8:24 PM
Nobody likes a show off francis, self praise is no praise, and it was a B team aswell? In my day that would not be a good record. Lets get real.

Who is Francis???

OpenGoal
24/10/2005, 8:53 AM
From West Clare. They got relegated from the clare premier last year but I feel they were unlucky to go down. If they have their full team GAA players included they will be strong enough. On the other hand if they dont then they could be quite poor. Depends on the day & who shows up for them really. Tell me more about St Brendans.

Played against moher many times in the past. The big factor in this one is whether the tie is home or away. If they are at home it will be a much more difficult affair. Their pitch IS GAA sized. No joke, it is huge. And they are fit.

Clifford
24/10/2005, 2:25 PM
Played against moher many times in the past. The big factor in this one is whether the tie is home or away. If they are at home it will be a much more difficult affair. Their pitch IS GAA sized. No joke, it is huge. And they are fit.

there not playing on that pitch anymore. they now play out of community pitch in liscannor. (lovely views but bit open ) it is way smaller (unless they have extended it. that was 5 weeks ago in shield and we are back up there this weekend in league.

Clifford
27/10/2005, 2:18 PM
there not playing on that pitch anymore. they now play out of community pitch in liscannor. (lovely views but bit open ) it is way smaller (unless they have extended it. that was 5 weeks ago in shield and we are back up there this weekend in league.

anyone info on kerry league. is it between st brendans and tralee dymo's anyone got a loaddown on these or is there a dark horse???????

Thunderblaster
27/10/2005, 6:43 PM
I'm very impressed with Janesboro's 1-0 win over the former champs. The game against Carew Park will be hugely interesting and I think that the winners of the game could be serious contenders. All the last four from last season are through, I notice also, eventhough both Galway Hibs and Westport United had lucky escapes. Still a lot of football to be played.

clownboy
28/10/2005, 6:21 AM
I'm very impressed with Janesboro's 1-0 win over the former champs.

TB...That game finished 2-1 to the Boro....

l.f.c......
28/10/2005, 9:09 AM
mark my words lads carew park will beat the boro. carew had alot of big games last season in this comp... and a few in the fai senior playing in front of huge crowds i think that experence will carry them through. iv watched them the last couple of games and there starting to play fantastic football the squad are starting to gel it took a while but its coming together and with the likes of pat mcgarry jason o connor ( top goal scorer in town) johnny corbett (who i think is the best right full in town fantastic player) monty added to an already strong team they will take alot of beaten. IMO

tralee_dynamo
28/10/2005, 9:25 AM
I know that only four teams make it through the Limerick section into the open draw but of the four teams, I would have expected the View, Carew Park and Janesboro to make it to the open draw!

Alot of the top Limerick teams have been drawn against each other at the early stages of the competition this year!

Also, with the likes of Fairviewand St Michaels out this year, it is wide open again! - I would still put my money on Clonmel Town, and the champs Westport will not be far off either!

tipp man
28/10/2005, 10:01 AM
Dont rule out Carrick United

Neutral Jo
28/10/2005, 10:12 AM
I would fancy Westport, Carrick and one of the Limerick teams to get to the business end of the competition this year. The other team could be anyone, no mention of the Dub teams? Are Portmarnock still in?

tralee_dynamo
28/10/2005, 11:05 AM
I forgot about Carrick United... a class side,they will definitely take some beating also!

Thunderblaster
28/10/2005, 7:47 PM
TB...That game finished 2-1 to the Boro....

Sorry!!:eek:

HuRya
31/10/2005, 12:56 PM
Limerick Section-Sun November 6th

2nd Rnd(outstanding):
Summerville vs Moyross
(winners home to Ballynanty Rvs)

3rd Rnd (Proper):

Park AFC vs Hill Celtic.
Herbertstown vs Regional Utd.
Athlunkard Villa vs UL/Aisling
Star Rvs vs Shelbourne
Distillery vs Holycross
Carew Pk vs Janesboro
Prospect vs Mungret Reg
Kilteely v St.Patricks
Pike Rvs v Caherdavin

abbeyvale
01/11/2005, 9:31 AM
Limerick Section-Sun November 6th

2nd Rnd(outstanding):
Summerville vs Moyross
(winners home to Ballynanty Rvs)

3rd Rnd (Proper):

Park AFC vs Hill Celtic.
Herbertstown vs Regional Utd.
Athlunkard Villa vs UL/Aisling
Star Rvs vs Shelbourne
Distillery vs Holycross
Carew Pk vs Janesboro
Prospect vs Mungret Reg
Kilteely v St.Patricks
Pike Rvs v Caherdavin

Predictions
Balla
Park
Regional
UL/AA
Star
Holycross
Boro
Mungret (only just)
St.Pats
Pike

the only 1
01/11/2005, 10:25 AM
Predictions
Balla
Park
Regional
UL/AA
Star
Holycross
Boro
Mungret (only just)
St.Pats
Pike

morton will u stop posting dis shxx about star be honest who really cares about 1st division teams wait till next year if ye get up

abbeyvale
01/11/2005, 2:02 PM
morton will u stop posting dis shxx about star be honest who really cares about 1st division teams wait till next year if ye get up

just giving mungret a feel for what they are in for next year.
and it's not IF we get up it's WHEN we get up you TOxxER

Canine
02/11/2005, 2:03 PM
Dynamos are definatley the stronger tralee team.

Yep Dynamos definetly stronger. Spa Road are from Tralee - will probably go out in the next round unless they face very poor competition

Clifford
02/11/2005, 2:30 PM
Yep Dynamos definetly stronger. Spa Road are from Tralee - will probably go out in the next round unless they face very poor competition

whats the run down on dynamos??? will they go far this year who trains.

Canine
03/11/2005, 10:00 AM
Dynamos are very strong this year on paper. I haven't seen them play yet though so whether it will take time for them to gel or not I don't know. They have an excellent defense and have signed the Kerry U21 keeper who is a great addition to the team. They have also signed James Sugrue (former Limerick) who poses a huge threat on the wing.
It will be hard to judge them based on the Kerry league (although I'm looking forward to seeing them play St. Brendan's Park in a cup competition as I don't think Dynamos will give the Park the respect they deserve...) as they are in the easier of the two groups so won't face any major competition. The real test for them is when they go outside Kerry.

tralee_dynamo
03/11/2005, 12:45 PM
There is no way Dynamos will go into the Park game without showing them respect. Park are a good side and have lots of very good young players coming through, mixed with some very experienced players also.

We have been waiting to draw the Park in competitions for more than two seasons now, so it should be a cracker of a game.

texas ranger
03/11/2005, 12:48 PM
Lads nobody mentioning the Dublin teams, Killester, Portmarnock and Ballymun all still in the comp. I know Killester have added players to there squad this year and have got stronger. Very unlucky last year against Westport in a game they should have won easy. Porto and mun are strong as well and neither side will pushovers for any of the country teams

gnasher
03/11/2005, 5:05 PM
Lads nobody mentioning the Dublin teams, Killester, Portmarnock and Ballymun all still in the comp. I know Killester have added players to there squad this year and have got stronger. Very unlucky last year against Westport in a game they should have won easy. Porto and mun are strong as well and neither side will pushovers for any of the country teams

No offence man but you hardly expect us to talk about teams we know nothing about. We all know 'of' the good Dublin teams, but we hear nothing from up in the pale cos' no one posts on the thread. Maybe you can start it off Mr. Ranger sir (i feel like Yogi).

I am a Westport fan and I know how lucky we were last year, but as they say, the luck was with us on the day of the QFinal. The rest of the tournament was down to.... class! (Please Limerick lads, don't bother jumping at this, it's only a laugh).

Keep posting and letting us know what's happening up there. Things can get a bit lopsided on this thread.