PDA

View Full Version : Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

cleansheetagain
21/02/2005, 11:43 AM
Anyone tell me anything about Park Rangers? I believe they are managed by Tommy Lynch

tommy is the manager of local lims side shelbourne in div 2 a i think,

kingpin
21/02/2005, 12:06 PM
ya I'd fancy park against waterford crystal, saw them against granville looked very average, at home they might be different though, carew park v balla, I'd say carew park are slight favourites as balla aren't playing well at the moment, but its all on the day, interesting to see who or how many will be sent off, that will have a major say in the outcome
Crystal are very average but are getting great luck this year, they have played every round to date at home and obviously now thw 1/4 final aswell. There very poor attacking.

willy mcspud
21/02/2005, 12:14 PM
Anyone tell me anything about Park Rangers? I believe they are managed by Tommy Lynch

No not tommy lynch.Albert finnin and neil o'brien.Park are rubbish do you know the waterford cry. lads tell them that they will have no prob go out there thinking its a handy one 5,6 nil at least no need even to train the next couple of weeks. ;)

The Gaffer
21/02/2005, 12:36 PM
No not tommy lynch.Albert finnin and neil o'brien.Park are rubbish do you know the waterford cry. lads tell them that they will have no prob go out there thinking its a handy one 5,6 nil at least no need even to train the next couple of weeks. ;)
Ye I know Crystal and I reckon your a Rangers player/supporter

clownboy
21/02/2005, 12:50 PM
Crystal are very average but are getting great luck this year, they have played every round to date at home and obviously now thw 1/4 final aswell. There very poor attacking.

Dident they play Granville away up at the pike and beat them on penos

kingpin
21/02/2005, 2:07 PM
Yeah your right, i forgot about that game. As far as i know that's the only away game they've played in the competition

Supersub
21/02/2005, 2:38 PM
Kingpin , you seem to be aCarrick supporter ... What is your knowledge of Wat Crystal ... No doubt if you are a Carrick supporter you would like them to be beat as I believe there is no lost between the clubs. Bit like Pike & Fairview in Limerick !!!

Galway Hibs will be the happiest team with the draw ...... Bookies believe Bellurgan and Park to be the weakest of the teams left ...

The Gaffer
21/02/2005, 2:46 PM
Lads, at the end of the day, it's not who they play, where they play, what they won by, it about winning! :D

Supersub
21/02/2005, 2:57 PM
At this stage it is about winning although I am sure that the result in the Balla v Carew match will not tell the whole story .. Cannot wait to watch that match , it should be explosive !!!

Have to fancy Balla though , as they have more class players !!!! This is when it starts to get good !!!

kingpin
21/02/2005, 3:35 PM
Kingpin , you seem to be aCarrick supporter ... What is your knowledge of Wat Crystal ... No doubt if you are a Carrick supporter you would like them to be beat as I believe there is no lost between the clubs. Bit like Pike & Fairview in Limerick !!!

Galway Hibs will be the happiest team with the draw ...... Bookies believe Bellurgan and Park to be the weakest of the teams left ...
Im a little bit more than a supporter!! Crystal are solid at the back and have a very good keeper, the main reason why they've gotten to the 1/4 finals. There game plan is purely defensive, they tend to sit back and soak up a lot of pressure. There very poor going forward and are lacking in width in my opinion, they also had a lot of luck when beating carrick but this is an essential ingredient needed to be successful in this competition. I wish them the best of luck, but would be sickened if they got any further because in my opinion they have fielded an illegal player several times, and the main reason they simply are'nt a good footballing side which usually the deserving winners are!!

backodanet
21/02/2005, 3:48 PM
rumours have circulated on northside that they are taking bets on a certain ex balla player getting the shown the red card ! should be a cracking match with 2 ex balla players in the carew team and also martin reddan having played for a couple of seasons with balla ! have to say no doubt balla are clear favs but that tag never lies easy with them !

carew have actually 4 ex balla players 5 including the manager

backodanet
21/02/2005, 3:53 PM
Paul Quinn, Jason Devlin, Dave Liston, The Mad Italian and Geezer Reddan

Supersub
21/02/2005, 3:56 PM
Im a little bit more than a supporter!! Crystal are solid at the back and have a very good keeper, the main reason why they've gotten to the 1/4 finals. There game plan is purely defensive, they tend to sit back and soak up a lot of pressure. There very poor going forward and are lacking in width in my opinion, they also had a lot of luck when beating carrick but this is an essential ingredient needed to be successful in this competition. I wish them the best of luck, but would be sickened if they got any further because in my opinion they have fielded an illegal player several times, and the main reason they simply are'nt a good footballing side which usually the deserving winners are!!

I have heard that they like to play 4-5-1 even at home and leave it late to push forward... They would probably need to concede early to bring them out of their shell ...

Park have not been scoring a lot of goals of late themselves but they always have a go. If there are any weaknesses in the WC team lets hope the LL team can profit from them.

In fairness to Park they are only a small club within the LL(i.e don't have the history of the Pike . Fairviews Ballas etc ..) so WC would probably be happier having drawn them that either of the other two LL teams left in it ...

Whats the general consensus down your way about the draw and their chances ??

backodanet
21/02/2005, 3:56 PM
ok whistler point taken

Supersub
21/02/2005, 4:10 PM
The Balla v Carew match was gonna be a tough one without the lads playing against their former team .. Throw that in and you have got one hell of a battle ..

Think that the two teams will have to put in for a free week the following Sunday ... Another point , how many players will the winning team have suspended for the semi final ????

Thunderblaster
21/02/2005, 7:27 PM
:ball:
Draw for 1/4 Finals was made today ...

Waterford Crystal v Park Rangers
Killester v Westport Utd
Carew Park v Ballynanty Rovrs
Galway Hibs v Bellurgan

Waterford Crystal to scrape past Park Rangers, Killester United to overcome a gallant Westport United, Ballynanty Rovers to overcome Carew Park, narrowly, after an explosive game of football and Galway Hibs to dispose of Bellurgan United. Permutation permitting, I would go for a Killester United V Ballynanty Rovers final and the Dublin side to sneak it, because they went about their business quietly. :ball:

Thunderblaster
21/02/2005, 9:22 PM
Quote One from Killester Forum: Anything is possible in football, all you have to do is take one game at a time and see what happenes.
But I have to take my hat off to you.
I have never heard of any other junior football team that has had your sucess without any junior players, any x-league of Ireland, any x-pros or any x-internationals.
Great achivement and a credit to all involved from day 1.
Where do you find these players?

Quote Two from Killester Forum: Killester 1 Usher 0

Desperate game. With the pitch soft and bobbly and the wind blowing the ball everywhere the game was a disaster. They were always goin to come out kickin after the 5-1 thumpin earlier in the season.After 10 mins both teams down to ten men. Ian cumiskey flung himself into a challenge and won the ball. The only thing you could say was wrong was his studs were showing. it was one foot to the ball and and it was along the ground. usher were incensed(as if they can complain about another teams challenges) and a lot of pushing and shoving began. tranner then decides to punch hannier(who was breakin it up) in the face for no reason (we all no why he went for hannier though, ye windy f*ck). philly broderick then went for trannor. but was pulled back the ref then sent philly and tranner off. Few late tackles after that then as well. hannier taken off with a swollen ankle. and how the usher midfielder wasnt sent off is a mystery. davo has the ball at his feet and the usher lad goes straight for the knee. studs marks all across his knee which the ref can clearly see and he doesnt even book him. ye couldnt pick the better team from this because there was no football played and a lot of bad tackles. ref let too many of them go too. both teams hit the crossbar but killester prob ahd the better chances. the game was one with two minutes to go when kenny curly nodded home a shane dunne cross. Usher need to take a good look at themselves..from prem A Champs to this is a travesty.

Premier A League Table
Team P W D L F A GD PTS
Portmarnock 11 9 2 0 23 5 18 29
Valley Park United 13 8 2 3 22 17 5 26
Ballymun United 11 6 4 1 21 10 11 22
WFTA 13 7 1 5 21 14 7 22
Usher Celtic 13 6 4 3 22 21 1 22
Killester United 9 6 0 3 20 8 12 18
St. Kevins Boys 14 4 5 5 22 20 2 17
Baldoyle United 13 2 4 7 13 21 -8 10
Raheny United 12 2 4 6 11 19 -8 10
Kilbarrack United 11 2 2 7 7 21 -14 8
Howth Celtic 13 2 2 9 12 30 -18 8
St. John Bosco 10 2 1 7 12 20 -8 7

As you can see, Killester not doing too spectacular, but can move to second with their games in hand.

Killester United are away to Howth Celtic in Carrickbrack Road on Sunday at 3:00. Hopefully if there are any Killester fans that can give a report on the forum.

David Sheridan is their top scorer with 15 goals with Ian Graham on 9 and Philip Madden also on nine. The squad is as follows: Goalkeepers; Keith Donaghue and John Paul Brown. The veteran, Thomas Stanley is the sweeper with Ian Graham, Philip Broderick, Darren Murphy, Dwayne Keegan, James Askins and Stephen Scallan as centre halves. The wing backs are Shane Dunne, Ian Cumiskey, Andy Fitzsimons, James McGrath and Karl Meehan. The centre of midfield is made up of Philip Hanney, Alan Murphy, Jay Donnery, Stephen Murphy, Warren Boyle, John Duffy, Brian Togher, Ciaran McLoughlin and Eddie Hayes. The forwards are Tony Alcock, David Sheridan, Mark Alguaidy, Gerard Redmond, Michael Keogh, Philip Madden, Thomas Keenan and Keith Brown. I would suspect that Killester United likes to play with a 3-5-2 when pushing on and revert to a defensive 5-3-2 with a sweeper, given the actual player positions stated. Looks like that Ian Graham is the target man from set pieces. :ball:

The Gaffer
22/02/2005, 8:05 AM
Kingpin,
Who is the illegal player??? Did the FAI not throw this out on numberous occasions? Is this bitterness on your behalf? You say you are more than a Carrick supporter, it ****es me off when individuals/clubs in leagues wont support there own. I was at last years final in the RSC and was standing with at least 8 to 9 Crystal members all of whom were shouting for Carrick. Im not a Crystal member myself

Twinkle Toes
22/02/2005, 8:43 AM
Kingpin,
Who is the illegal player??? Did the FAI not throw this out on numberous occasions? Is this bitterness on your behalf? You say you are more than a Carrick supporter, it ****es me off when individuals/clubs in leagues wont support there own. I was at last years final in the RSC and was standing with at least 8 to 9 Crystal members all of whom were shouting for Carrick. Im not a Crystal member myself

The Gaffer.
Just because the FAI dimissed the 3 objections does not mean he was legal.
Two of the objections were thrown out on technicalities.
I have been told that two rules from the FAI Rulebook were broken. The rules are rules but as we know the FAI always seem to do what they like.
Aside from all that I think Park have a very good chance going down there. I saw Crystal in Limerick and they were outplayed in large parts of the game by Granville a 1A side in Limerick.

LFC in Exile
22/02/2005, 9:18 AM
The Gaffer.
Just because the FAI dimissed the 3 objections does not mean he was legal.
Two of the objections were thrown out on technicalities.

Fair enough. Then why was the third one thrown out? Because the FAI dismissed three objections he is legal. He is legal until proven otherwise isn't he? :confused:

Supersub
22/02/2005, 9:25 AM
We should be concentrating on the facts here ... He will play , there will be no objection as there is obviously no point ...

Lets hope that the controversy ends here and Park can do all the rule writers a favour by going down and knocking WC out of the comp ...

This site seems to be filled with people harping on about the Lim sides while the other teams are allowed go about their business with the minimum of fuss ..

All you Bellurgan , Killester , Galway Hibs & Wesport supportters out there have anything to say ...

I can also see a good debate between Kingpin & TT in the offing. Looks like something akin to the Pike/Fairview rivalry this side of the country !!!

kingpin
22/02/2005, 9:30 AM
Kingpin,
If you read the last post i made, i wished crystal the best of luck and hold no bitterness against them. I'm not going to start naming players, carrick were late with their objection and the other objection was sent with a cheque instead of a postal order and that was dismissed. Im a carrick man through and i hope crystal do well that does'nt mean i have to go down and shout them on like a fanatical supporter. Just because it was thrown out on the other occasion does'nt mean he is legal, believe me I've seen this happen a lot over the last few years with different objections. Every year we as a club seemed to be getting screwed on some issue!!

backodanet
22/02/2005, 10:55 AM
Granville put in there objection with everything in order and it was also thrown out

The Gaffer
22/02/2005, 10:56 AM
If you read the last post i made, i wished crystal the best of luck and hold no bitterness against them. I'm not going to start naming players, carrick were late with their objection and the other objection was sent with a cheque instead of a postal order and that was dismissed. Im a carrick man through and i hope crystal do well that does'nt mean i have to go down and shout them on like a fanatical supporter. Just because it was thrown out on the other occasion does'nt mean he is legal, believe me I've seen this happen a lot over the last few years with different objections. Every year we as a club seemed to be getting screwed on some issue!!
"Every year we as a club seemed to be getting screwed on some issue!" Come on your have a laugh

irisheagle
22/02/2005, 11:46 PM
"Every year we as a club seemed to be getting screwed on some issue!" Come on your have a laugh

Fact : Carrick did not object against Crystal. They learned of the "Illegal" player too late to object. I believe they made an approach to the FAI but no objection.
There are many clubs countrywide, miles from The South East, very unhappy re the whole Crystal suitation.

Scout
23/02/2005, 9:20 AM
Any 1 Have The Latest Betting Odds For The Fai Cup??

Twinkle Toes
23/02/2005, 4:20 PM
Fact : Carrick did not object against Crystal. They learned of the "Illegal" player too late to object. I believe they made an approach to the FAI but no objection.
There are many clubs countrywide, miles from The South East, very unhappy re the whole Crystal suitation.

You are wrong on that. They did object along with East End of Kilkenny.
One was thrown out because the objection was late and the other because the payment method was incorrect.

irisheagle
23/02/2005, 10:50 PM
You are wrong on that. They did object along with East End of Kilkenny.
One was thrown out because the objection was late and the other because the payment method was incorrect.

No you are wrong

Thunderblaster
24/02/2005, 12:29 AM
I had a look at the Killester website and the forum on it reckons that Bellurgan United F.C. are vastly underrated by the bookies, given their three year record in the competition. Killester beat Bellurgan United in a cup competition on penalties in Dundalk a number of months back and the fans reckon that Bellurgan are a difficult enough side to deal with. Galway Hibs may find their quarter final match tougher than they may originally have thought. :eek:

Thunderblaster
24/02/2005, 12:36 AM
Any 1 Have The Latest Betting Odds For The Fai Cup??

Or more like Waterford Crystal winning the quarter final and Park Rangers lodging an objection. Does these clubs actually have copies of the F.A.I. Rule Book? If so, then they may get their grievances upheld. If Waterford Crystal broke the rules, and their opponents went the right and technical ways about their objections, I do not think we would be reading about Carrick or Granville at this stage. Correct me if I'm wrong and I will apologise if you think I'm out of order. :ball:

Thunderblaster
24/02/2005, 12:42 AM
I have tipped Ballynanty to overcome Carew Park in the Quarter Final. Given that the game is a local derby and Carew Park are at home and would surely be a great game to attend, what is the head to head record this season in all competitions and can you see Carew Park in the Semi Final? :ball:

Terry
24/02/2005, 7:21 AM
I had a look at the Killester website and the forum on it reckons that Bellurgan United F.C. are vastly underrated by the bookies, given their three year record in the competition. Killester beat Bellurgan United in a cup competition on penalties in Dundalk a number of months back and the fans reckon that Bellurgan are a difficult enough side to deal with. Galway Hibs may find their quarter final match tougher than they may originally have thought. :eek:

Just to let anyone from Bellurgan know that the match is scheduled to be played in Terryland. Will have time and date later.

backodanet
24/02/2005, 7:44 AM
I have tipped Ballynanty to overcome Carew Park in the Quarter Final. Given that the game is a local derby and Carew Park are at home and would surely be a great game to attend, what is the head to head record this season in all competitions and can you see Carew Park in the Semi Final? :ball:

I DON'T THINK THEY HAVE MET THIS YEAR

BALLA BEAT THEM IN 2 FINALS LAST YEAR AND DUNNO IF THE WON BOTH LEAGUE MATCHES BUT CAREW DIDN'T WIN ANYWAY CAUSE BALLA NEVER LOST A LEAGUE GAME LAST YEAR

CAREW ARE A TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAM NOW

Scout
24/02/2005, 8:23 AM
Just to let anyone from Bellurgan know that the match is scheduled to be played in Terryland. Will have time and date later.

Terry i would not be so sure about the fixture of Bellurgan and Galway hibs... Galway Hibs will not make it easy on any visiting team..

Terry
24/02/2005, 8:39 AM
Terry i would not be so sure about the fixture of Bellurgan and Galway hibs... Galway Hibs will not make it easy on any visiting team..

It is where they have played there last couple of games, as had west utd. Terryland belongs to the galway fa so they always let the latter stages of competitions play there. Hibs have one of the biggest supporter followings in Galway so there should be a good atmosphere there too. Its only maybe 200 metres away from there own pitch anyway.

Scout
24/02/2005, 9:23 AM
It is where they have played there last couple of games, as had west utd. Terryland belongs to the galway fa so they always let the latter stages of competitions play there. Hibs have one of the biggest supporter followings in Galway so there should be a good atmosphere there too. Its only maybe 200 metres away from there own pitch anyway.

I knows its very near by and the galway fa always supply the use of terryland but i know for a fact that if it can be played in Bohermore it.. both the players and supporters have requested it..

Twinkle Toes
24/02/2005, 10:54 AM
does anyone know why granvilles objection was thrown out ?

THE FAI NEVER GIVE REASONS. JUST YES OR A NO

Goals4fun
24/02/2005, 10:56 AM
THE FAI NEVER GIVE REASONS. JUST YES OR A NO

how is it known about the other clercial mistakes that the other objections never made it ??

lookout
24/02/2005, 8:43 PM
Cant see why carew, balla or park cant go on and win this out, think its about time that there is so called small clubs in the last 8,like Fairview success attracts good players, so who knows it could be the start of another small club on the way to being one of the best and most respected in the country…you have to start somewhere,

striker
24/02/2005, 8:55 PM
Cant see why carew, balla or park cant go on and win this out, think its about time that there is so called small clubs in the last 8,like Fairview success attracts good players, so who knows it could be the start of another small club on the way to being one of the best and most respected in the country…you have to start somewhere,

couldn’t agree more lookout, although balla I think are respected locally and prob nationally as a good progressive club,carew and park would not,localy I think carew and park are regarded as teams that will hold their own but will not do anything major, this could be the year,carew and park in the final.

Supersub
24/02/2005, 10:13 PM
Locally Balla & Carew Park looks to be the pick of the ties in last eight. However I think that we are looking at it with hearts rather than heads ...

Best tie is Killester vs Westport and I would expect that the winner will come from this tie !

Im sure the other three teams in the last 4 would like to avoid the winner of the above match. Anyone know the format that the semi will take regarding home advantage??

Is it played at neutral venue and if so how do they determine where to play game????

Thunderblaster
24/02/2005, 10:58 PM
Anyone know the format that the semi will take regarding home advantage??

Is it played at neutral venue and if so how do they determine where to play game????

The semi final would be at neutral venues. The first and third teams drawn would play at a neutral ground that is nearest to them, for example, if Killester United draw Galway Hibs, the match would be in the A.U.L. Complex and if Ballynanty Rovers draw Waterford Crystal, the game would be in Mick Cooke Park in Tipperary. That is going from recent experience. Now, if Westport United drew Bellurgan United, the game would be likely to be held in Milebush Park in Castlebar and if Park Rangers drew Carew Park, that game would likely take place in The Fairgreen in Limerick. Interesting permutations lay ahead of us. :confused:

Supersub
24/02/2005, 11:05 PM
I see you are covering eery angle TB !! What are your picks for the four semi final places ???

Thunderblaster
24/02/2005, 11:08 PM
I see you are covering eery angle TB !! What are your picks for the four semi final places ???

Ballynanty Rovers, Galway Hibs, Killester United and Waterford Crystal would be my last four.

Supersub
24/02/2005, 11:14 PM
Thought that would be the case seeing as they were the first four that you named ..

Might as well go one step further and tell us who you think will win it out??

Thunderblaster
25/02/2005, 1:03 AM
Thought that would be the case seeing as they were the first four that you named ..

Might as well go one step further and tell us who you think will win it out??

I think that Killester United will edge past Ballynanty Rovers in a closely contested final. Both are good teams and Killester have got this far pretty quietly. The least hyped favourites usually succeed.

backodanet
25/02/2005, 8:01 AM
The semi final would be at neutral venues. The first and third teams drawn would play at a neutral ground that is nearest to them, for example, if Killester United draw Galway Hibs, the match would be in the A.U.L. Complex and if Ballynanty Rovers draw Waterford Crystal, the game would be in Mick Cooke Park in Tipperary. That is going from recent experience. Now, if Westport United drew Bellurgan United, the game would be likely to be held in Milebush Park in Castlebar and if Park Rangers drew Carew Park, that game would likely take place in The Fairgreen in Limerick. Interesting permutations lay ahead of us. :confused:

if a limerick team get a home semi it is played in Jackman/Hogan - the rule is it is played in the leagues ground or if that ground is also used by a club ie St Michs from tipp it would go to the next best club ground in tipp ie clonmel

Scout
25/02/2005, 9:40 AM
Tb, It Seems Like You Are The Type Of Person Who Backs All Favs In Horse Racing Despite Of Form Of Other Runners.
I Would Be Almost Certain That All Your Four Mentioned Teams Will Not Win ! Maybe 2 Or 3 But Not 4.

SO WHO ARE YOUR 4 FOR THE SEMI FINALS??

CousinSylDolan
25/02/2005, 10:38 AM
I'll go with Park, Balla, Hibs and Killester.

The Gaffer
25/02/2005, 11:30 AM
I'll go with Park, Balla, Hibs and Killester.
Its hard to leave Westport out, after their excellent win over Pike