PDA

View Full Version : Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Eire06
07/03/2005, 4:17 PM
Galway Hibs (2) – (0) Bellurgan Utd
Bohermore, Galway

Delighted hibs won, only saw half of the match and both performances were nothin to write home about.... :o

Anyway congrats Hibs and best of luck in the rest of you matches :D

widow
07/03/2005, 4:57 PM
last few years, RTE have shown the goals in the sports section of the news the night of the final thats being it. where will the final be on Tolka? or will it depend on whose in the final?

Thunderblaster
08/03/2005, 12:06 AM
Anybody know if there is any plans to show the final on the box - delayed coverage or anything?

There is a better chance of being shown a live Champions League match between Skonto Riga and Apoel Nicosia by RTE than the FAI Junior Cup Final. The biggest club competition in Europe is only given lip service by the national media, save for Target on The Star on Tuesdays and a supplement on the Evening Herald on a Monday evening and the efforts put in by all these footballers is not recognised enough. All the top sides in junior football deserves national attention and television coverage will give recognition to the clubs and its players and boost the profile of the competition. Even TG4 could tie up exclusive rights, like they have in the GAA Club Championship. :(

Thunderblaster
08/03/2005, 12:29 AM
As we reach the business end of the competition, depending on the draw, who would you tip for the final? I would go for Carew Park V Galway Hibs with the Limerick side to attain glory. The watch Carew Park contributors are certainly the happier of everybody going by Sunday and this time last month.
Waterford Crystal grinded their ways through the competition and Westport United are vastly over rated, I was at the game in Dublin and really and truly, Killester should have packed their bags at half time. The winning goal was an absolute howler with the Killester sweeper smashing a belter of a backpass back to the keeper, which came off the keeper's chest for the lanky Westport player to poke in from close range. Killester blew their biggest chance ever of national glory and they know it. They played quick football, switching from left to right/ vice versa, closed down sharply and the wing backs were very fast and they had FAI Junior Cup champions written all over them. :ball: :confused:

Thunderblaster
08/03/2005, 12:48 AM
The Statoil FAI Semi Final draw will take place at Moran's Red Cow Hotel on Thursday 10th March at 18.00. :ball:

Do the FAI not think that it is a ridiculous time and location to have the draw? Do they really expect club officials to take a half day or a day off work? Why not have it on a Friday Night in Ennis, for example, at 8:00 which is more central for the four sides left in the competition. Give club officials a chance to make themselves available to travel and attend the draw. :eek:

Mark_no9
08/03/2005, 7:09 AM
What was the name of the grey haired fella at the back for Carew. He was very good and only made 1 mistake all day which he even got away with...
Have to agree with you csd, He ( Paddy Koyce) had an excellent game won every header and was also excellent on the ground.. :ball:

dasher
08/03/2005, 8:16 AM
ThunderBlaster: Would you not agree too many killester players hid on the day and played the occasion rather than the game. They were well capable of wiping the floor with westport, no disrespect to them.

justhefacts
08/03/2005, 9:38 AM
:ball:

Do the FAI not think that it is a ridiculous time and location to have the draw? Do they really expect club officials to take a half day or a day off work? Why not have it on a Friday Night in Ennis, for example, at 8:00 which is more central for the four sides left in the competition. Give club officials a chance to make themselves available to travel and attend the draw. :eek:
Thunderblaster, you should know better than to use the words "think & FAI" in the same sentance, what you suggest would be common sense........this is the FAI we're talking about

The Gaffer
08/03/2005, 12:27 PM
I hear park rangers were not even offered a cup of tea after their game against waterford crystal-bad form. :cool:
Handy Man
There was tea and sandwiches provided by Crystal after the game as usual, Park Rangers were also invited to join Crystal in another local pub where the Crystal players went afterwards
Like all the other Quarter Finals Statoil also provided Bottles of water/minerals and sandwiches
I think you owe Crystal an apology if you have the balls too

widow
08/03/2005, 12:59 PM
park were probably just sore losers, bitter shower those

justhefacts
08/03/2005, 1:17 PM
Not a very educated opinion Widow,the park lad's were bitter,but only bitterly disapointed,they had more chances but to a man accepted that you have to put the ball in the net. Well done to Crystal who while not the best side i've seen this year where determined and well organised and most important gracious winners.Best of luck in the semi Crystal.

willy mcspud
08/03/2005, 2:28 PM
Not a very educated opinion Widow,the park lad's were bitter,but only bitterly disapointed,they had more chances but to a man accepted that you have to put the ball in the net. Well done to Crystal who while not the best side i've seen this year where determined and well organised and most important gracious winners.Best of luck in the semi Crystal.

Well pointed out justhefacts,park very unlucky not to be in semis best of luck to carew Park hope yee go all the way.

widow
08/03/2005, 3:12 PM
wasn't at the match but from past experiences their side line can be very bitter when things aren't going their way

l.f.c......
08/03/2005, 5:14 PM
if ye check back on page 15 i said to every one of ye that carew park have an awful lot of heart this season in fact more than any other team in this town and if you were at the match on sunday you will know what i am talking about they refuse to quit and refuse to be beaten after going down to ten men against the premier champions and play over a hundred mins of football and out play balla like they did was remarkable and even after missing that pen in the last min they still did not give up well done carew now lets go on and win it

cleansheetagain
08/03/2005, 8:48 PM
I do apologise if what i said was untrue but i heard this off a lot of park rangers players and committee who sounded very disappointed.

i dont think anyone would crib about not getting grub after game,as i was there, tea and coffee and sandwiches were available, the players were just late coming in thats all and they didnt mind anyhow.

cleansheetagain
08/03/2005, 8:56 PM
wasn't at the match but from past experiences their side line can be very bitter when things aren't going their way

can't remember any club laughing and joking when thier side are losing,

Thunderblaster
08/03/2005, 11:15 PM
ThunderBlaster: Would you not agree too many killester players hid on the day and played the occasion rather than the game. They were well capable of wiping the floor with westport, no disrespect to them.

Killester were disappointing in terms of converting their dominance into goals, given that Westport didn't exactly have Peter Schmeichel in goal. The front two were always a threat and the wing back's subsitution was suicidal as he was the key man to getting behind Westport's stubborn defence. This is the first time I saw Killester play in eleven years, so I could not judge this side on this particular performance. It seems by your analysis that Killester can play much better than they did on Sunday and it is possible that they played the occasion rather than the game and only an idiot would argue that Killester were the better side. I originally tipped Killester for the competition due to their merit in winning the AUL Premier and they still looked a class act on Sunday, despite the goal and the missed opportunities. If Killester retain the squad, they will be in the business end again next season. :ball:

Thunderblaster
08/03/2005, 11:23 PM
The current prices from Ladbrokes are as follows:

7/4 Favs. Westport United

2/1 Carew Park

4/1 Waterford Crystal/Galway Hibs

Will the curse strike again? Look at Fairview Rangers, Pike Rovers and Ballynanty; all gone. Westport United are dead certs to be eliminated in the semi final, given the nature of the competition this season. The bookies form never reflects the form on the pitch.

Scout
09/03/2005, 8:27 AM
Any one have any date for the semi finals?? I heard that they might be played on different sunday's?? is that true..

The 20th and 27th of this month.

justhefacts
09/03/2005, 8:45 AM
Have to say it's looking good for Carew,if they can keep a lid on their aggression they should go the whole way,on the other hand if their opposition in the next round does their homework and knows the right players to aggrivate they could be in trouble. Keep calm and go all the way Carew.

Eire06
09/03/2005, 9:02 AM
Have to say it's looking good for Carew,if they can keep a lid on their aggression they should go the whole way,on the other hand if their opposition in the next round does their homework and knows the right players to aggrivate they could be in trouble. Keep calm and go all the way Carew.
Hope they play hibs then :D ...

Theyre a very aggressive team as well, would be intresting

The Gaffer
09/03/2005, 9:36 AM
Rumour has it that Park Rangers have sent in an objection against Crystal, anyone know if there is truth in this :confused:

CousinSylDolan
09/03/2005, 10:20 AM
Rumour has it that Park Rangers have sent in an objection against Crystal, anyone know if there is truth in this :confused:

Are you trying to stir some crap thats not true or have you a genuine source :confused:

justhefacts
09/03/2005, 10:39 AM
Great day for fishing Gaffer?

The Gaffer
09/03/2005, 10:48 AM
Are you trying to stir some crap thats not true or have you a genuine source :confused:
I believe Limerick Junior League had a delegate meeting last nite and there was talks of it????

CousinSylDolan
09/03/2005, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=The Gaffer]I believe Limerick Junior League had a delegate meeting last nite and there was talks of it????[/QUOTE

Do any of th Park Rangers contingent such as Guvnor, Striker or Supersub have anything to add to this???????

Goals4fun
09/03/2005, 10:56 AM
I believe Limerick Junior League had a delegate meeting last nite and there was talks of it????

On what grounds ?
I believe Paddy Cusack was at the Park /waterford game .......

justhefacts
09/03/2005, 11:04 AM
I think Park are objecting because they did'nt get any sandwiches!

willy mcspud
09/03/2005, 1:59 PM
I think Park are objecting because they did'nt get any sandwiches!

yea id say thats the only objection going in! wouldnt say so gaffer an objection for what? :confused: :confused:

Thunderblaster
09/03/2005, 9:48 PM
Where are you getting these odds TB from ?
Surely they will not be any odds till after the draw ?

I called into a Ladbrokes bookie office and enquired about the odds for the semi final. Remember, they did not change the odds after the quarter final.

cleansheetagain
09/03/2005, 9:55 PM
gaffer ye must be realy worried down there,they beat park fair and square,

Thunderblaster
09/03/2005, 9:58 PM

If this story is true, surely it could not be over the same issue that saw other appeals thrown out. Either that or the tea and sandwiches incident (which I doubt anyone would lodge an objection over as the provision of food is not quoted on the rule book), Park Rangers are flogging a dead horse.

blobbyblob
09/03/2005, 10:48 PM
If this story is true, surely it could not be over the same issue that saw other appeals thrown out. Either that or the tea and sandwiches incident (which I doubt anyone would lodge an objection over as the provision of food is not quoted on the rule book), Park Rangers are flogging a dead horse.

Havent Crystal won 3 appeals already?

Thunderblaster
09/03/2005, 11:14 PM
Havent Crystal won 3 appeals already?

All on the one player that the clubs objected to already.

riverside
10/03/2005, 6:34 AM
There is no objection to anything, players or otherwise. The refreshment situation was a mix up because the crystal people thought that STATOIL were looking after everything. There are no grounds for a player objection, beliene me i know, so get on with the football to come.

justhefacts
10/03/2005, 9:01 AM
Heard you the first time riverside,and by the way Thunderblaster the sandwich thing was a joke!

summervilleman
10/03/2005, 4:09 PM
Carew Park to win the fai lads.......Any objections???Pretty good team and gret result last weekend....either crew or westport

Thunderblaster
10/03/2005, 7:59 PM
The draw for the semi final of the FAI Junior Cup was made this evening, approx thirty minutes late. The full draw is:

Carew Park V Westport United, Jackman Park, Limerick.
Galway Hibs V Waterford Crystal, Terryland Park, Galway

Both games provisionally set for Easter Sunday, 27th March.

I have a sneaker that it will be a Carew Park/Waterford Crystal final with the Shannonsiders to be crowned champions.

What's your opinions lads and lassies? :ball:

l.f.c......
10/03/2005, 8:49 PM
very tough draw for carew park at least there at home. westport have not let in a goal yet in this years fai it will be tough. but carew have the heart and that beats alot of things. i think they can do why not they came this far if carew win this fai it would be a remarkable for a team like carew nobody gave them a chance right from the start and then against balla the way people were talking carew might aswell not turn up. now there in the semi just two more games and there the best junior side in ireland and that is facts

widow
10/03/2005, 10:01 PM
the fai is a cup competition by the way, its a fact in every league in the world, that the best team wins the league, to say that if carew win the fai that they are the best junior team in ireland is a bit much. :rolleyes: is the winner of the FA cup the best team in england come on man

cleansheetagain
10/03/2005, 10:12 PM
the fai is a cup competition by the way, its a fact in every league in the world, that the best team wins the league, to say that if carew win the fai that they are the best junior team in ireland is a bit much. :rolleyes: is the winner of the FA cup the best team in england come on man

Give lfc a break, an obvious carew supporter (player),excited that his team is where they are and rightly so, a good side this year, they still could win the league yet.

l.f.c......
10/03/2005, 10:20 PM
so its a fluke if carew park win the fai is that what your saying well if they beat westport who beat pike 3_0 in the pike field and killester who are the current dublin champions away aswell. that say it all about your statement really. and carew out played the current limerick champions with 10 min for over a hundred mins of football im not saying carew are going to beat westport but if they do you have to say they are the best if they go on and win look at the teams this westport side beat to get were they are now. there is not many teams that will go up to the pike field and hammer them 3 nil our go away to killester and beat them we all know the the best junior soccer league is in limerick and dublin well carew just beat the limerick champs now they could beat the team who beat the dublin champs says it all really

o ya carew also beat current fai holders 5 nil

Thunderblaster
11/03/2005, 7:38 AM
westport have not let in a goal yet in this years fai

Westport have conceded five goals in the competition to date, albeit three of them came against Tralee Dynamoes. They have scored 18 goals to date in the competition.

widow
11/03/2005, 8:24 AM
so its a fluke if carew park win the fai is that what your saying well if they beat westport who beat pike 3_0 in the pike field and killester who are the current dublin champions away aswell. that say it all about your statement really. and carew out played the current limerick champions with 10 min for over a hundred mins of football im not saying carew are going to beat westport but if they do you have to say they are the best if they go on and win look at the teams this westport side beat to get were they are now. there is not many teams that will go up to the pike field and hammer them 3 nil our go away to killester and beat them we all know the the best junior soccer league is in limerick and dublin well carew just beat the limerick champs now they could beat the team who beat the dublin champs says it all really

o ya carew also beat current fai holders 5 nil

does the best team in a cup competition always win the competition????

who ever wins this years FAI will have deserved it, but that does NOT make them the best junior team in Ireland, come out of the clouds

backodanet
11/03/2005, 8:29 AM
if u win it you are the best team in the country

you have to play at a high standard for a good few months

if wesport win it u cudn't argue after the teams they beat so far and the same for the other teams

so best of luck to carew

Badboy
11/03/2005, 9:33 AM
Westport have done well to get to where they are, but I hope and seriously doubt they will make it any further, they are by no means a good never mind a great football side, and I think it would be very bad for junior football if they win. I saw the killester game, and killester did not play to their potential on the day, but they did do okay....they will be kicking themselves that westport beat them.

I do not know much about the other teams left in the comp, but I have seen westport play, and I honestly do not know how they have got to where they are, they are so average its shocking, but beware the tribe they bring with them, they are like a load of extras from a braveheart sequeal.

best of luck to all left in the comp.

regards
sore looser.

riverside
11/03/2005, 11:13 AM
Carew will be like the proverbial blood hounds at this stage. They will be delighted with the home fixture, Jackman Park will be as good as playing at home to them and they will have huge support. :D Discipline will be a major problem for them but they have kept it together so far and Martin Reddin wont let them loose when they are so close :cool:

Ask me tom
11/03/2005, 1:38 PM
I was talkin to one or two pike players reckoned wesport were very goood but then 2 older men who have followed the club for years told me that pike were not at the races at all against wesport and never got going.
Carew have a great chance in this game with only one LIMerick side left their support will rocket.Best of luck to them

riverside
11/03/2005, 2:20 PM
Galway Hibs have been knocking on the door for the last few years and they wont fear a Crystal side that were lucky to beat Park 1-0

Scout
11/03/2005, 3:09 PM
Galway Hibs for the cup..
They have gone about their business very professionaly and have got better with every game.
They fear no one but themselves.. by that the only way they will be beaten is if they do it to themselves..