PDA

View Full Version : Who's Gonna Win FAI Junior Cup 2004/05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

Bad Bob
30/03/2005, 9:14 PM
Have Carew ever been in a big final before ?

Thunderblaster
30/03/2005, 10:30 PM
What odds are given for the final? Surely Carew Park are the favourites now!!

Thunderblaster
30/03/2005, 11:42 PM
sorry gaffer to answer your first post

carew park are a very hard working team
back four very soild just check the stats on the league table
midfield is were carew could win this cup they have two very good wingers maher and wheelan in the centre albert sla who on his day is one of the best in limerick and paul quinn
ger ned will be a handful the rest ye should not be troubled to much

One or two reports suggest that they are a carbon copy of Wimbledon F.C; long ball merchants.

Thunderblaster
30/03/2005, 11:44 PM
Well done yesterday and good luck in Turners Cross on May 8th

Would have been a ridiculous venue had the results gone the opposite direction on Sunday.

backodanet
31/03/2005, 7:31 AM
Have Carew ever been in a big final before ?

they were beaten by fairview in the munster junior final a few years ago

Mark_no9
31/03/2005, 8:30 AM
typical begrudgery from you.
you slag off the standard of the carew game !
was it the same standard as when pike beat fairview or when westport beat pike or when westport beat killester.
carew pk were exellent on sunday, defended stoutley and attacked them all over in the second half.
how can you say that the game was not of a high standard(in comparison to what)
ive been at a lot of fairview finals througout the years and i can assure you that not too many of them would have matched carew last two matches for sheer effort,excitement and some brillant individual displays.
cop on all the knockers and get behind what could be possibly be a true footballing fairytale !
Easy up there Whistler...he's entitled to his opinion be it constructive or criticism...You are always going to get the knockers & begrudgers even in your own city. Your right it will be a fairytale if ( when in my opinion ) they win it , then let the begrudgers have their say when the Cup is in the Wheel or getting kicked up and down the "hill" :D

clownboy
31/03/2005, 8:35 AM
Great to see Carew in the final ...Hope they go on and win it now Fair play to them

widow
31/03/2005, 11:36 AM
don't begrudge carew a thing, just putting forward how pike and boro may be feeling, hope and think carew will win it myself, saw them in the last two games and don't think theres a team in limerick that would match them for team spirit and heart, fair play to them, think it is their year, reports from the granville and park games suggest crystal aren't a great side but they must have something about them to get this far

riverside
31/03/2005, 12:15 PM
Belief and spirit and a good team effort does that sound familiar

centre mid
31/03/2005, 2:23 PM
Heard a rumour that westport are going to lodge a complaint ( not another one ) against carew - they reckon there was an inelligible player

not sure of the details - can anyone shed some light?

l.f.c......
31/03/2005, 2:33 PM
prob against denis wheelan for his sending off against balla but the fai i faxed a letter stateing that denis was ok to play that his hearing is not up yet so martin redden has the proof from the fai they are wasting there time and money

Mark_no9
31/03/2005, 2:36 PM
Heard a rumour that westport are going to lodge a complaint ( not another one ) against carew - they reckon there was an inelligible player

not sure of the details - can anyone shed some light?

I tought you wrote intelligent player , when I first read the post, That would have been thrown out straight away :D ...I'm only kidding , before I get the I'm a begrudger stuff :rolleyes:

The Gaffer
31/03/2005, 2:56 PM
prob against denis wheelan for his sending off against balla but the fai i faxed a letter stateing that denis was ok to play that his hearing is not up yet so martin redden has the proof from the fai they are wasting there time and money
Could he possibly be gone for the final???

riverside
31/03/2005, 3:03 PM
Could he possibly be gone for the final???
ITS EXACTLY WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN, AND HE WILL BE MISSED.

The Gaffer
31/03/2005, 3:47 PM
ITS EXACTLY WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN, AND HE WILL BE MISSED.
Jaysis thats terrible, going that far and getting suspended

backodanet
31/03/2005, 4:10 PM
I HOPE CAREW WIN THE FINAL AND I HOPE WHELAN CAN PLAY AND NAUGHTON TOO

HARD TO PICK 2 STRIKERS OUT OF NED, BUSSOLI & DEVLIN

CAREW HAVE SHOWN TREMENDOUS FORM AND SPIRIT IN THEIR CAMPAGIN SO FAR BUT THEY HAVE WON NOTHING ONLY ADMIRATION

WHILE CRYSTAL HAVE ONLY CONCEDED VERY GOALS AND SCORED ONLY A FEW MORE THEY HAVE GONE QUITELY THROUGH THE ROUNDS APART FROM HEADLINES OF BEATING CARRICK AND ALL THE HEADLINES OVER THE APPEALS

I'LL GO FOR CAREW

PATHS TO FINAL

LAST 4

CAREW PARK [LK] V WESTPORT UTD. [MY]
GALWAY HIBS. [GY] v WATERFORD CRYSTAL [WD]

LAST 8
CAREW PARK [LK] V BALLYNANTY RVS [LK]
WATERFORD CRYSTAL [WD] V PARK RGS [LK]

LAST 16
CAREW PARK [LK] V TRIM CEL. [MH]
WATERFORD CRYSTAL [WD] V SALTHILL DEVON [GY]

LAST 32
BALLINASLOE TOWN V CAREW PARK [LK]
Granville UTD. [LK] V WATERFORD CRYSTAL [WD]

LAST 64
GLASHEEN F.C. [CK] V CAREW PARK [LK]
WATERFORD CRYSTAL [WD] V EAST END UTD. [KK]

Thunderblaster
01/04/2005, 12:24 AM
Waterford Crystal F.C. must have to be the luckiest team in the competition. They got out of jail against Carrick Rovers, Park Rangers and Galway Hibs. Are there black cats crossing the pitch? :D

The Gaffer
01/04/2005, 7:08 AM
Waterford Crystal F.C. must have to be the luckiest team in the competition. They got out of jail against Carrick Rovers, Park Rangers and Galway Hibs. Are there black cats crossing the pitch? :D
Maybe it wasnt all luck, maybe is was 100% hard work and determination! And who are Carrick ROVERS???

Mark_no9
01/04/2005, 7:28 AM
I'm with you Gaffer, Granted you need a bit of luck but most of the time it's hard work and determination...they must have a lot of that , I have been writing them off since the last 32 when I saw them beat Granville ,but they must have been doing something right to get to the final , Best of luck to them ;)

Goals4fun
01/04/2005, 8:00 AM
Carew wil be favs going in.
Neither team are anything special !
It wil be on the day and the way it has gone this year, i feel waterford will win. (a luck thing)

Thunderblaster
01/04/2005, 7:17 PM
And who are Carrick ROVERS???

Sorry, Carrick UNITED!!!!!!! :o

Thunderblaster
01/04/2005, 7:39 PM
It wil be on the day and the way it has gone this year, i feel waterford will win. (a luck thing)

I think that Waterford Crystal will get found out in the final. Their lucky run cannot go on and on until they would eventually be exploited. It certainly has a George Graham's Arsenal side against an Egil Olsen's Norwegian outfit look to the final. It won't be a classic to watch but may the best side win. Goals are most likely to come from set pieces.

Thunderblaster
04/04/2005, 12:41 AM
How did Carew Park and Waterford Crystal do in their league games over the weekend?

turbotimmy
04/04/2005, 11:32 AM
I hear westport utd signed a zambian forward for the new season hes from the capital, does anyone know what is the capital of zambia and would he get a work permit?

The Gaffer
04/04/2005, 1:00 PM
How did Carew Park and Waterford Crystal do in their league games over the weekend?
Crystal drew 0-0 with Tramore

l.f.c......
04/04/2005, 5:04 PM
i can whistler they did but the sec..... of the fai rang martin redden to asure him that carew are ok and he said he was appalled by the carry on of westport sour grapes id say carew beat them well on the day

abbeyvale
05/04/2005, 9:18 AM
heard last night that wesport have won their appeal?? any truth in that rumour???

The Gaffer
06/04/2005, 8:34 AM
Is Turners Cross a definite venue for the final?????????

widow
06/04/2005, 9:54 AM
ya thats definately the venue, and westports appeal is yet to be heard but it is going to be

riverside
06/04/2005, 12:23 PM
ya thats definately the venue, and westports appeal is yet to be heard but it is going to be
Not to sure about that one Widow. The Star had it yesterday that the decision had not yet been made but that Turners Cross was in the picture. Noises probably been made about a more suitable venue for both clubs.Tipperary for example

Thunderblaster
06/04/2005, 6:25 PM
Rule 16

A player who receives a red card in an FAI Junior Cup tie will stand suspended for a minimum for one game in the next game in the competition if his team advances. If his team is eliminated from the competition he stands suspended for a minimum of one game in his next competitive game. A player sent from the field of play in a 1st team match shall not serve an automatic suspension in a reserve team match. Following receipt of a referees report the relevant disciplinary body may at their discretion extend the duration of the suspension and/or impose a fine. :ball:

Council May Alter Rules

The Council shall have the power to alter these (19) rules but in no case shall they do so until the final tie in any year has been played. :ball:

Thunderblaster
06/04/2005, 6:38 PM
heard last night that wesport have won their appeal?? any truth in that rumour???

Westports Appeal Thrown Out By Fai Last Night.
Serves Them Right ! They Were Beaten Fair And Square But They Tried To Object With No Reasonable Grounds.
I Hope It Inspires Carew To Go On And Win It !

Both clubs are being informed in writing through registered post the outcome of the hearing, and are unlikely to know until tomorrow, so boys, I do not know where you are getting your information from.

balls
06/04/2005, 9:22 PM
game should be played in cooke park in tipp town. halfway house.great pitch and would get a much bigger crowd. alot more neutrals would go and see it there as well id bet.

LFC in Exile
07/04/2005, 12:15 PM
game should be played in cooke park in tipp town. halfway house.great pitch and would get a much bigger crowd. alot more neutrals would go and see it there as well id bet.

Apparently there is work going on there to improve the ground.

LFC in Exile
07/04/2005, 12:18 PM

Thinking back through the rounds I think teh favourite going into each round has been beaten. Fairview, Pike, Westport, Killester etc. Maybe someone who knows more than I could vouch for that. If so, then Waterford should do it. :ball:

The Gaffer
07/04/2005, 2:07 PM
I DON'T THINK CAREW WILL COUNT THEMSELVES AS FAVS, KNOWING THEM THEY WILL STILL SEE THEMSELVES AS UNDERDOGS.
IN SURE CRYSTAL WILL NOT WANT TO LOSE A SECOND FAI FINAL IN RECENT TIMES AND THIS WILL SPUR THEM ON, ITS NO MORE THEN A FIFTY/FIFTY GAME !
Have to agree with you there, dont think they are any favs going into this game, definately a 50/50 game. Im sure both teams will try and play the best football of their lifes

The Gaffer
08/04/2005, 7:14 AM
Can anyone tell me "IS Turners Cross the Venue for the Final"???

abbeyvale
08/04/2005, 8:36 AM
carew beat pike last night 2-1 in the prem league and by all accounts looked very good

joeSoap
08/04/2005, 2:13 PM
Westport appeal refused.....official!!

Thunderblaster
08/04/2005, 7:09 PM
Have to agree with you there, dont think they are any favs going into this game, definately a 50/50 game. Im sure both teams will try and play the best football of their lifes

Any cup final is a 50/50 game. It is all on the day. The mighty may be humbled. We will wait and see. What is the problem with Turner's Cross?

Thunderblaster
09/04/2005, 6:37 PM
As we await the final of the blue riband of junior football, what do you think were the defining moments of the FAI Junior Cup this season? Would it be the Ballymun affair, would it be the amazing run of Carew Park, would it be Pike Rovers beating Fairview Rangers, would it be Waterford Crystal beating every objection against them, would it be the aftermath of the Castlebar Celtic v Ballynanty Rovers game or would it be Dicey Reilly's pub team getting to the last 32? Forumites, please make your call on your moments. :ball:

Thunderblaster
09/04/2005, 6:41 PM
carew beat pike last night 2-1 in the prem league and by all accounts looked very good

Huge result for Carew and it will do them the world of good before May 8th.

Mark_no9
10/04/2005, 9:20 AM
Carew beat Fairview in the Touhy Cup last night same score 2-1.....

Thunderblaster
10/04/2005, 9:36 AM
Carew beat Fairview in the Touhy Cup last night same score 2-1.....

Carew are playing well at just the right time.

l.f.c......
11/04/2005, 9:13 AM
comfirmed fai fianl is switched to cooke park tipp. i think that will suit carew park to the ground its a perfect playing surface

The Gaffer
11/04/2005, 10:55 AM
comfirmed fai fianl is switched to cooke park tipp. i think that will suit carew park to the ground its a perfect playing surface
Crystal got a letter from the FAI confirming that the venue for the final is Turners Cross

balls
11/04/2005, 6:43 PM
final shud be payed in cooke park its a super pitch and there would be a much better atmosphere there. what happened after balla castlebarr game in earlier rounds. best moment of the competion this year was pike beating fairview it started the ball rolling for all the for all the cup upsets this year.

abbeyvale
11/04/2005, 7:17 PM
u a balla man balls?

Thunderblaster
12/04/2005, 6:16 PM
I see there is an interesting article on The Star today on page 31 if anyone is interested in following the Westport United/Carew Park saga and it is pretty fascinating reading.

Thunderblaster
12/04/2005, 6:21 PM
what happened after balla castlebarr game in earlier rounds.

There was major headlines on the Mayo media about an alleged spitting incident by a Castlebar Celtic player on a Ballynanty supporter after Balla's 3-1 win. A Ballynanty supporter wrote into one newspaper criticising its version of events that day.