PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Season Transfer Rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

sligoman
12/06/2010, 1:08 AM
Can't find the old thread so made a new one.

Lee McEvilly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_McEvilly) (Barrow A.F.C.) is supposedly after signing for us, no official confirmation yet though. Would have played with Cook at Accrington.

Aaron
12/06/2010, 10:36 AM
Danny Lafferty of Celtic is supposed to have signed with us, no confirmation yet though. Also rumours of Darren McCauley of Celtic, Michael McCrudden of Newcastle and Owen Morrison signing

Sam_Heggy
12/06/2010, 10:40 AM
Chris Breen and Tony Shields both training with Harps at present.

Trainee
12/06/2010, 10:53 AM
Anto Flood to a club in cyprus

poster
12/06/2010, 11:47 AM
Heard Stephen O 'Donnell is close to signing for Shams.

Dalymountrower
12/06/2010, 1:31 PM
Heard Stephen O 'Donnell is close to signing for Shams.

How many by-passed by long - ball central midfielders will they have then?

Dunny
12/06/2010, 5:14 PM
Colin Larkin linked with us.(apparently)

sheao
12/06/2010, 10:16 PM
Neil Horgan and Billy Woods could be signing for us.

Terry
12/06/2010, 10:17 PM
karl Sheppard to sligo

bullit
12/06/2010, 10:22 PM
Colin Larkin linked with us.(apparently)
Larkin is injury prone.Also he still has a year left on his contract at Hartlepool,so unless he is released i cant see DFC buying him out.

Dillonman
12/06/2010, 10:25 PM
Stephen O'Flynn ex Limerick to Dundalk is what I heard! Northampton released him a few weeks ago.

MariborKev
12/06/2010, 10:36 PM
Danny Lafferty of Celtic is supposed to have signed with us, no confirmation yet though. Also rumours of Darren McCauley of Celtic, Michael McCrudden of Newcastle and Owen Morrison signing

Three of them will happen from what I hear, one won't.

blue til i die
13/06/2010, 12:07 AM

Lee McEvilly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_McEvilly) (Barrow A.F.C.) is supposedly after signing for us, no official confirmation yet though. Would have played with Cook at Accrington.

"Barrow joint-manager Dave Bayliss has promised the club's supporters that forward Lee McEvilly will be replaced before the start of next season.

The 28-year-old is on his way to the Republic of Ireland to play for Sligo Rovers, a move which many fans are unhappy about."

Seems like its happening anyway.
We've brought in Murphy and Barrett, but one more player definately coming in, not sure who yet tho. :confused:

Bunny Kelly
13/06/2010, 11:48 AM
Keith Foy will look thin compared to this chap!!! Good player otherwise though

Aaron
13/06/2010, 12:36 PM
Well McCauley wants to stay across the water so i'd guess the other 3. I know Lafferty and McCrudden want to sign, but not sure on Morrison

GUFCghost
13/06/2010, 12:52 PM
Anto Flood is going to Cyprus I hear,sound like a load of Bull****.:poo:

Mr A
13/06/2010, 1:17 PM
A lot of very worrying rumours from a Galway perspective there, what's the story with that?

Ezeikial
13/06/2010, 1:54 PM
A lot of very worrying rumours from a Galway perspective there, what's the story with that?

Nick Leeson has offered Galway players to other clubs - all with fees attached. If anyone bites at the fees quoted - O'Donnell, Conneely, Flood and others are certainly available. I don't know the story with Sheppard - if he is on loan from Everton, Galway would hardly off-load him unless they can also get a fee.

gael353
13/06/2010, 4:34 PM
So does this mean that glaway are in some sort of bother already? Surely the FAI/eamon naughton will come to their aid.

Sam_Heggy
13/06/2010, 4:50 PM
what's the story with Dave Rogers at Cork?

Haven't seen his name on the teamlist for a while now and he isn't mentioned as being injured.

Didn't feel the need for a new thread.

Dunny
13/06/2010, 4:57 PM
what's the story with Dave Rogers at Cork?

Haven't seen his name on the teamlist for a while now and he isn't mentioned as being injured.

Didn't feel the need for a new thread.
http://www.corkcityfc.net/home/2010/06/05/rogers-leaves/

Sam_Heggy
13/06/2010, 5:01 PM
The obvious place to look then :o

I wonder where will Dave end up? Shels possibly?

**FrOsTy**
13/06/2010, 5:05 PM
He was talking to us before the game down here saying he wasn't happy in Cork and that Tomm Dunne dropped him because he missed training to bring his daughter to hospital. Told us he got his badges in Scotland but doesn't want to move his family from Ireland. Management next I would say.

Jofspring
13/06/2010, 5:09 PM
He was talking to us before the game down here saying he wasn't happy in Cork and that Tomm Dunne dropped him because he missed training to bring his daughter to hospital. Told us he got his badges in Scotland but doesn't want to move his family from Ireland. Management next I would say.

I thought he was managing a junior side in Cork as well. He was certainly announced as a manager for someone at the start of the season. I had presumed he was doing both, playing with Cork and Managing the junior team.

Ezeikial
13/06/2010, 5:20 PM
The Indo reported this back in early May

with Dave Rogers, the one squad member based in Dublin -- the ex-Shels man has started a new job as a postman in Balbriggan.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/corks-long-and-grinding-road-2168513.html

A job as a postman in North County Dublin was hardly every likely to tie in with playing for Cork. At least the annual "Rogers departs from club" is a little more low key this season then last.

Bandon did annouce him previously as club coach

http://www.bandonafc.com/news.htm

NEW CLUB COACH

http://www.bandonafc.com/richieanddaveweb.jpg
CLUB P.R.O. RICHARD O'REGAN PRESENTING
DAVE ROGERS WITH A CLUB TRACKSUIT.

NEW CLUB COACH DAVE ROGERS WILL BE A FAMILAR FACE TO MANY CORK CITY SUPPORTERS HAVING LINED OUT AGAINST THE REBEL ARMY WITH THE LIKES OF SHELBOURNE, DERRY CITY, ST. PATS. AND DUNDALK. THE LIVERPOOL BORN DEFENDER HAS WON THE LEAGUE OF IRELAND 3 TIMES WITH SHELS. DAVE HAS ALSO PLAYED IN THE ENGLISH LEAGUE WITH CHESTER CITY, SOUTHPORT, PETERBOROUGH UTD., SCUNTHORPE UTD. AND CARLISLE UTD. HE HAS ALSO PLAYED IN SCOTLAND WITH DUNDEE, AYR UTD. AND PARTICK THISTLE. HE HAS ALSO PLIED HIS TRADE IN HOLLAND WITH CAMBUUR LEEUWARDEN.
DAVE HAS RECENTLY SIGNED TO PLAY FOR CORK CITY FORAS CO-OP

Martinho II
13/06/2010, 5:47 PM
heard last nite that Fiachra McArdle the player we signed from Sporting Fingal last close season has left us for good stating his lack of first team action as the reason for him quitting. As of yet no clubs have being linked to him to the best of my knowledge..

Heard last night that Don Cowan from Shamrock Rovers has signed for us. As of yet I havent being told whether it is permanent or a loan move..

sligoman
13/06/2010, 5:55 PM
if he is on loan from EvertonHe's not, they released him.

Dunny
13/06/2010, 6:51 PM
heard last nite that Fiachra McArdle the player we signed from Sporting Fingal last close season has left us for good stating his lack of first team action as the reason for him quitting. As of yet no clubs have being linked to him to the best of my knowledge..

Heard last night that Don Cowan from Shamrock Rovers has signed for us. As of yet I havent being told whether it is permanent or a loan move..

Rumour on the Rovers forum he wants to offload him along with
Kavanagh.Barrett ,cahill been released while surprsingly Rice offloaded to Fingal with Turner in a swap deal with somebody from galway.

sheao
13/06/2010, 10:19 PM

He was taken on full time by An post and so he was'nt training at all with the squad in the end. The club asked him was there a way he could train more despite the job, but he could'nt .

corkharps
13/06/2010, 10:35 PM
He was taken on full time by An post and so he was'nt training at all with the squad in the end. The club asked him was there a way he could train more despite the job, but he could'nt .
Could you not even pretend there was a row? Couple of punches thrown etc?

Olander
14/06/2010, 12:56 AM
So does this mean that glaway are in some sort of bother already? Surely the FAI/eamon naughton will come to their aid.

Yes, of course. Sure the FAI love "glaway" and hate Limerick. Tis mighty.

Lim till i die
14/06/2010, 1:14 AM
Billy Woods could be signing for us.

LOL

Where was Limerick mentioned :confused:

Galway are obviously an absolute mess and are trying to cut costs on the basis that no matter how crap they are Bray will be worse.

Forgive me for being dim but how would being a postman prevent someone training?? Is that not one of the more flexible jobs a player could have. :confused:

Losing him is a MASSIVE blow to Cork, he would be a superb signing for Shels or any other First Division club who could lay hands on him.

danthesaint
14/06/2010, 10:34 AM
Ollie Cahill suppose to be coming to us i hear

razor
14/06/2010, 10:58 AM
Could you not even pretend there was a row? Couple of punches thrown etc?Well of course there was but the An Post thing was far more interesting.
Another rumour doing the rounds is that Dunne gave him a dressing down after his backpass cost us a goal at home to Bluebell and that he walked out.
I'd imagine the truth is probably a mixture of both stories

Losing him is a MASSIVE blow to CorkWhile he was immense at the start of the season, his heart hasn't been in it the last couple of games. If we get Hoggie & Billy it won't be so much of a loss as you'd think.

**FrOsTy**
14/06/2010, 11:28 AM
Seen Billy Woods play with Midelton in the Munster Senior Cup final last week. Played centre mid. Done ok to be fair to him.

Olander
14/06/2010, 1:07 PM
Where was Limerick mentioned :confused:

Galway are obviously an absolute mess and are trying to cut costs on the basis that no matter how crap they are Bray will be worse.

Obviously??? A few eejits on foot.ie are speculating about us selling our whole squad and you take that as gospel. i will be shocked if we sell any more than 2 players during the window and dont bring in as many to replace them. wait and see I suppose :)

redobit
14/06/2010, 1:23 PM
Any progress on the lad, Craig ... , that came 3rd in the Footballs Next Star programme on Sky - signed for Shams at the start of the season.

micls
14/06/2010, 3:32 PM
LOL

:confused: What's funny about Woodsy signing?

Forgive me for being dim but how would being a postman prevent someone training?? Is that not one of the more flexible jobs a player could have. :confused:

Losing him is a MASSIVE blow to Cork, he would be a superb signing for Shels or any other First Division club who could lay hands on him.

Dunno how flexible it was but he couldnt make it down to Cork for training so wasn't going to work.

I think he's more of a loss in terms of a character with experience in the squad that football wise, defense is probably the only place we have a bit of cover, especially if the 2 lads sign.

Rasputin
14/06/2010, 5:04 PM
They did move the goal posts to arrange your promotion ahead of Dundalk in all their wisdom.
Look at both respective clubs now.

Lim till i die
14/06/2010, 5:24 PM
Obviously??? A few eejits on foot.ie are speculating about us selling our whole squad and you take that as gospel. i will be shocked if we sell any more than 2 players during the window and dont bring in as many to replace them. wait and see I suppose :)

I was thinking more in general than going by the foot.ie rumours thread, which lets face it is largely nonsense.

I bow to your superior knowledge. ;)

:confused: What's funny about Woodsy signing?

Dunno how flexible it was but he couldnt make it down to Cork for training so wasn't going to work.

Last time I saw Billy Woods play he was being given the runaround by a 17 year old in an A team game for the old Cork City.

I'm sure he'll do some kind of job though.

On Dave Rodgers, it's just the rumours coming out of your squad were that twas more to do with the manager treating him badly than his job. Just postman seems a strange one to prevent someopne training.

Cuyahoga
14/06/2010, 7:46 PM
Any progress on the lad, Craig ... , that came 3rd in the Footballs Next Star programme on Sky - signed for Shams at the start of the season. Yeah Craig Walsh is playing for Shamrock Rovers A team. He was on the
bench for the senior team but didn't play. He is still young will get his chance in the future i'm sure.

micls
14/06/2010, 8:26 PM
Last time I saw Billy Woods play he was being given the runaround by a 17 year old in an A team game for the old Cork City.

I'm sure he'll do some kind of job though.
He'l bring some much needed experience and a bit of quality on the left to the team. His legs obviously aren't what they used to be but he still has the skill.

On Dave Rodgers, it's just the rumours coming out of your squad were that twas more to do with the manager treating him badly than his job. Just postman seems a strange one to prevent someopne training.
Well I'm sure if he was a postman in Cork it wouldn't have mattered, but I doubt he had the time or energy to get up at 5 to do the job, get to Cork for half 5 that afternoon for training for a couple of hours and then spend the 2 and a half hours in the car again to get home to his family a few days a week. It's a very long day.

I'd be sceptical of the rumours but i'd say if there was any issue with the manager it was because he wasn't training, which he wasn't.

gufc2000
15/06/2010, 12:32 PM
Anto Flood definitely looks like he is joining a Cypriot team in the July transfer window.

It says in the star that we are talking to a Scottish striker about joining as a replacement

pineapple stu
15/06/2010, 12:37 PM
Any ideas which Cypriot team?

Nice move for him, I suppose.

gufc2000
15/06/2010, 12:47 PM
Any ideas which Cypriot team?

Nice move for him, I suppose.
No they haven't said what club yet.

Ezeikial
15/06/2010, 12:56 PM
Anto Flood definitely looks like he is joining a Cypriot team in the July transfer window.

It says in the star that we are talking to a Scottish striker about joining as a replacement

Seannie has spoken to Martin McGowan about joining Galway. He is a brother of Michael McGowan, and was with Seannie at Dundalk last year - but got very little game time in the first team.

He would be modest cost, but afraid he is also modest standard.

Olander
15/06/2010, 1:12 PM
Seannie has spoken to Martin McGowan about joining Galway. He is a brother of Michael McGowan, and was with Seannie at Dundalk last year - but got very little game time in the first team.

He would be modest cost, but afraid he is also modest standard.
What position does he play?

Ciaran W
15/06/2010, 1:48 PM
I dont know about Yous but i cant see it working out for anto flood as usual and he will probly be back in the loi next season, hopefully im wrong though and the best of luck to him :D

Doomofman
15/06/2010, 4:42 PM

Alex Williams maybe? :p

Dillonman
15/06/2010, 5:17 PM
Alex Williams maybe? :p

I remember the press release form you lot for him saying it was for a full year so unless Galway won the lotto then I cant see them paying any cash for him!