PDA

View Full Version : Clare League Season 2008/09

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

out red
26/09/2008, 7:59 AM
as for the rule outred posted maybe he should have read the rule above that..

Rule 78: A club wishing to sign a player registered with another club must advise that club (in writing) that they wish to approach the player. A copy of said letter must be forwarded to the C.D.S.L.

who would we advise the whole rineanna commitee went in hiding for the week. should we post it to the home shed, old back road half way between newmarket and shannon.

Nice to see that ye now have a copy of a rule book:D

Young Lad
26/09/2008, 9:13 AM
Hacker, I believe ye are far better off without players who do not want to play for ye. There are always going to be players who have no loyalty and are waiting for other offers. I think once a player signs for a club the soonest he should be allowed to leave is January.

out red
26/09/2008, 10:04 AM
is there a new back road:p

ya it used to be the old main road:p

Clifford
26/09/2008, 3:16 PM
Come on lads can we please get back to talking about Clare SOCCER and forget about the who done whats and why. Ye are all beginning to sound as paranoid and defensive as poor oul Clifford.:D

thats right oh rightgeus one. you seem to be very selective on what messages u reply too. i have no problem with talking on clare soccer or anyone else for that matter but when you come to the table under avenue club banner and start ruffling feathers like you do one can only ask questions. we have asked at training etc for this 1990 to stop his manure as all you really are is counter productive to avenue, the club you pretend to have an affiliation with. you seem to have an agenda to rub peoples nose in it or irritate them. (you certainly do it to me and i'm avenue to the bone) you then look at who played in 1990 and know it couldn't be any of these guys as they'd never let the club down, like YOU do. skinny, rochie, mallers, john man, jp, mannix, black. pleassssseeeeeeeee its an insult to even associate yourself with them. so do defensive clifford and all of avenue a favour and go support someone else. or am i just been paranoid.

old git
26/09/2008, 4:41 PM
thats right oh rightgeus one. you seem to be very selective on what messages u reply too. i have no problem with talking on clare soccer or anyone else for that matter but when you come to the table under avenue club banner and start ruffling feathers like you do one can only ask questions. we have asked at training etc for this 1990 to stop his manure as all you really are is counter productive to avenue, the club you pretend to have an affiliation with. you seem to have an agenda to rub peoples nose in it or irritate them. (you certainly do it to me and i'm avenue to the bone) you then look at who played in 1990 and know it couldn't be any of these guys as they'd never let the club down, like YOU do. skinny, rochie, mallers, john man, jp, mannix, black. pleassssseeeeeeeee its an insult to even associate yourself with them. so do defensive clifford and all of avenue a favour and go support someone else. or am i just been paranoid.

clifford .. some fine soccer players you named above.. had many a game against them usually lost most of them as well.. as for blackie
the most gifted / talented player i had the joy to play against and even managed the odd game on the same team as him he was some player :ball:

Clifford
26/09/2008, 5:32 PM
clifford .. some fine soccer players you named above.. had many a game against them usually lost most of them as well.. as for blackie
the most gifted / talented player i had the joy to play against and even managed the odd game on the same team as him he was some player :ball:

no disrespest to davey wall and paul carr (well he playd at a higher level) i think clare only capped junior internationals. nwkt had the collins o'meara, avenue had o'connor mannix charlie donnellan played for both both no one would lace the boots of black. the man was gifted. if i'm not mistaken i think peterbourough wanted to take black across. dont know why he never went. it would probably have been a stepping stone for him i think he was that good. the man is now plagued with back problems. on the plus side his son robin (8 i think) is going to be a cracking player as well.
jp as blind and all as he is and peter cosgrove could have played at a higher level. so that leads to the million dollar question do you think the standard was better 20, 15 years ago then it is today?

out red
26/09/2008, 5:48 PM
no disrespest to davey wall and paul carr (well he playd at a higher level) i think clare only capped junior internationals. nwkt had the collins o'meara, avenue had o'connor mannix charlie donnellan played for both both no one would lace the boots of black. the man was gifted. if i'm not mistaken i think peterbourough wanted to take black across. dont know why he never went. it would probably have been a stepping stone for him i think he was that good. the man is now plagued with back problems. on the plus side his son robin (8 i think) is going to be a cracking player as well.
jp as blind and all as he is and peter cosgrove could have played at a higher level. so that leads to the million dollar question do you think the standard was better 20, 15 years ago then it is today?

now thats a question to get this forum going. must admit the nmkt avenue games of the 80's and 90's were some games. i only believe the standard has gone up in the last 2 years and would hand on heart have said the sides of the 80's and 90's were better than whats around now. you have named some cracking players from that generation and even though im a nmkt man i always thought newtowns sean lyndsey was different class

old git
26/09/2008, 6:21 PM

straight answer standard was way higher in the good ould days ..

some front line blackie / bernard collins / sean lindsay would have scored you some goals and destroyed any defences :D

Avenue1990
26/09/2008, 6:39 PM

As HACKER SAYS;

FACT 1; I reply to all your messages i think you will find.

FACT 2; I dont have the legs anymore to be able to be training with the young lads so i wouldnt know what ye (Pat, John or Alfonso) ask at training regarding foot.ie

Fact 3; I have an affiliation with Avenue as a Supporter or does that count anymore? Maybe i should think about my loyalties when ye come knocking on the door looking for a couple of hundred euro for the kids to play soccer or ye want books to be bought?

Fact 4; The above names mentioned above;;;all quality players legends even,,

Fact 5; This is a site for opinions if you dont like mine then let me apologise in advance or in this case the aftermath but iv no problems listening to yours

I only wish we could get on Cliff...;)

Clifford
27/09/2008, 2:15 PM
As HACKER SAYS;

FACT 1; I reply to all your messages i think you will find.

FACT 2; I dont have the legs anymore to be able to be training with the young lads so i wouldnt know what ye (Pat, John or Alfonso) ask at training regarding foot.ie

Fact 3; I have an affiliation with Avenue as a Supporter or does that count anymore? Maybe i should think about my loyalties when ye come knocking on the door looking for a couple of hundred euro for the kids to play soccer or ye want books to be bought?

Fact 4; The above names mentioned above;;;all quality players legends even,,

Fact 5; This is a site for opinions if you dont like mine then let me apologise in advance or in this case the aftermath but iv no problems listening to yours

I only wish we could get on Cliff...;)

so you have kids playing underage for avenue. well the money goes towards the payment of lees road austro and pitches (roughly €15,000 a year) and i hope you enjoyed the book.
i have no problem whats so ever with your affiliation or opinions. in fact i'd like nothing more to win the four cups on offer and munster and fai, but i don't put the cart before the horse????? what the hell am i on about....
let me jog your memory. its hard enough to win any of the above without making it harder.

these are some comments you made and some you recieved.

Hacker, what is the field like for sunday? I suppose the grass is lovely and long and the livestock will be in on friday to trim it?;)

Originally Posted by Avenue1990 
Cheers Bossman...Very interesting draws. Two good ties between Newmarket and Rineanna and Avenue and Bunratty.It cud be the year where we see a team from the lower division make the final and cause a shock as this draw is suited to them. As for Avenue Im delighted with the draw. We played bunratty in the league few weeks ago and played them off the park with football but couldnt score. More of the same again i think...

i think you'll find the draws are rineanna v newmarket and bunratty v avenue ie rineanna and bunratty at home..
you remind me of a guy that use to post here called the boss...
he kept on throwing out smart comments about how lifford played teams off the park...and how we beat them world beaters....

i wonder are you the boss in disguise...
if you think your going to go to bunratty and win easy i think you should open your eyes..
i'd say your avenue team mates are delighted your on here blowing your trumpet

Exactly.Totally agree with you.In order to win the cup you need to beat the best. and we will!!

best of luck to you .. but your comments here won't help your chances .. i'm sure a few clubs out there will fancy a crack at avenue now "If you are going to go on performances in Clare then Newmarket have had a great run and went top of the league which on current form makes them the best in the county. "

True - Newmarket deserve the award as its their first time on top of the premier league in Clare since the late 1990s id say!!

"Bitter"

Not in the slightest. Let them have their time in the limelight.They have waited long enough for it! Normality will be resumed soon enough ie. avenue back on top

Does anyone think theres some shocks in store for the weekend? Should be some good games either way. Who do people fancy in the next round. I wouldnt mind Corofin.
We had yet to play bun ratty who knocked us out on pens and you still tried your best to gee mwkt our sworn enemies up with this beauty.

I wont lie and say were not dissappointed but we should have won the game. Anyways best of luck to Bunratty. We are a wounded team and we will do everthing to win the league starting next sunday with victory over newmarket.

typical avenue sour grapes..you came on here saying ye would win against bunratty.take your beating can't wait til ye lose league too.

The man utd of clare wont lose the league

People are talking about newmarket and avenue as they are on top of the table as are Lifford. No one has forgotten about ye. As for winning the double it wont take much for ye to bottle it id say. Enjoy being top of the table after wednesday because after we play ye it will be a 2 horse race between us and Newmarket. That is of course they dont start fighting with each other and bottle it also.

have to agree its in our hands now but saying that we have to get the points first. A good result for Newtown and an even better one for avenue and lifford. Once we get the win on sunday against lifford i think were coasting providing of course we beat bunratty tonight - but we owe them from the cup but its going to be a tough one.

Originally Posted by Avenue1990 
rats are going down?? typical after good cup result cant get themselves up for the bread and butter of the league

Fair enough Avenue1990... but its comments like the the above that do you no favours.
I think you will find the lads were fairly "up" for it last night.

now if you still don't know what i'm on about i don't think we'll ever get on.
hopefully you'll see the light and let boss back on his pedestal. lets this be the end of it and we'l move on

so you won't be doing the avenue 200 club????????

Avenue1990
27/09/2008, 3:39 PM
Clifford - that is pure class detective work on your behalf! Crimeline watchout! look cliff i want to get on with you buddy so il keep my comments in check in future for the sake of it. Most of those comments were from last season and i suppose the emotion or thoughts of winning the league in our 25th year got the better of me. Heres hoping we do better in our 26th year.

Clifford
27/09/2008, 9:28 PM
Clifford - that is pure class detective work on your behalf! Crimeline watchout! look cliff i want to get on with you buddy so il keep my comments in check in future for the sake of it. Most of those comments were from last season and i suppose the emotion or thoughts of winning the league in our 25th year got the better of me. Heres hoping we do better in our 26th year.

water under the bridge. forward is the way. tomorrows munster game v kilrush is a potental banana skin. they have a few polish lads that can play ball. (and few locals) home advantage as well. we have 6 or seven youths in our squad. this time last year we came unstuck and after a great start went seven games losing 3, drawing 3 winning 1. lets see if we have learnt anything.

on the 200 club avenue are starting to collect €20 montly by dd to secure deposit for their own pitch. one or two things in the pipeline.
has any other club got ideas on a fundraiser?

Clifford
27/09/2008, 9:32 PM
christ i taught i was bad...:D

thats what we like about newmarket, they know their own limitations. dons must be buzzing tonight or am i allowed mention the dreaded gaa (should be banned in ireland). does it effect the real sport. is their any players involved to come back. we have russ and monie (injured at moment) back.

Bossman
28/09/2008, 8:51 PM
www.claresoccer.net updated

talisman
29/09/2008, 9:43 AM
[quote=Planners;1026754]Predictions - Rats / NOF / and Moher wins -

sunday's league results

corofin 1 bunratty 2
newmarket 0 bridge celtic 3
burren 3 moher 1

1 0ut of 3 ain't bad planners..stick to the day job:)

this league is going to be very close this year..everyone taking points off each other..
bridge celtic only unbeaten team left..

yes hacker its shaping up to be a very close race this season by the looks of it at this point in time. bunratty had to work hard to earn the points against corofin yesterday and have a real good shout at bringing home a first league title in 5 years and the b team have made a strong start too 2 wins from 2.

big shock yesterday was bridge celtic beating newmarket. only team not to lose yet and cant be ruled out of contention after their performance yesterday. although the penalty they got was a bit dodgy they were still full value for their 3-0 win and newmarket just had no answer yesterday for them

celts1888
29/09/2008, 10:49 AM
water under the bridge. forward is the way. tomorrows munster game v kilrush is a potental banana skin.

on the 200 club avenue are starting to collect €20 montly by dd to secure deposit for their own pitch. one or two things in the pipeline.
has any other club got ideas on a fundraiser?

good call here didnt make the game but was given the full story disappointing result for the clare league cause the avenue generally make good progress in this cup, days out against fairview and clonmel and killarney, cobh were always enjoyable, and kilrtush are going nowhere in it,went to thelifford game, lifford got done wat was needed to be done barely, good win all the same

this is a great idea
i remember doora barefield did the same thing ( i know there would be much biigger support there than the avenue) its a start to build the interest in the club which is needed, ideas will flow soon ,
A league and cup double http://foot.ie/images/icons/icon12.gif mite attract a few investorshttp://foot.ie/images/icons/icon5.gif

2on2
29/09/2008, 11:59 AM
lads what was the score in Avenue game and has anybody got a more detailed match report. eg list of teams...

mr miyagi
29/09/2008, 1:49 PM
yes hacker its shaping up to be a very close race this season by the looks of it at this point in time. bunratty had to work hard to earn the points against corofin yesterday and have a real good shout at bringing home a first league title in 5 years and the b team have made a strong start too 2 wins from 2.

Unless there's been an injection of new players since the League Cup,
I wouldn't go putting any money on Bunratty B :D

Hard to look further than Kilkishen Celtic, Newmarket B or Hermitage B for the 3rd Division...

old git
29/09/2008, 2:31 PM
lads what was the score in Avenue game and has anybody got a more detailed match report. eg list of teams...

ya very quiet from marrion avenue today usually the lads are on mondays very happy giving results & reports .. big shock match finished 2-2 and kilrush won on penaltys but i'm sure we will get a report sooner or later from an avenue point of view. :ball:

Clifford
29/09/2008, 3:01 PM
ya very quiet from marrion avenue today usually the lads are on mondays very happy giving results & reports .. big shock match finished 2-2 and kilrush won on penaltys but i'm sure we will get a report sooner or later from an avenue point of view. :ball:

avenue went 1 up and could have had one or two more. kilrush levelled from nothing really. stupid mistake out wide avenue switched off. 2nd goal was ball over top avenue keeper came out too late and 2 1 down. it was only then avenue woke up and peppered kilrush goal got it 3 mins to go. extra time avenue had one r two good chances but the lotto ended up with kilrush win. avenue were 4 4 with pen to win it but keeper saved poor effort to force sudden death. the only good thing to come out of the game was avenue finished with 4 under 17's and 1 under 16, with another u17 on the bench. the club in the process of rebuilding the future looks good. having said that if they play like that against burren we'l be out of faI as well.

Halo
29/09/2008, 4:07 PM
How come so may young players playing? Surely ye can't expect to be winning competitions which so many young players in the side.

What type of side are Kilrush this year? What did you think of them?

old git
29/09/2008, 4:18 PM
avenue went 1 up and could have had one or two more. kilrush levelled from nothing really. stupid mistake out wide avenue switched off. 2nd goal was ball over top avenue keeper came out too late and 2 1 down. it was only then avenue woke up and peppered kilrush goal got it 3 mins to go. extra time avenue had one r two good chances but the lotto ended up with kilrush win. avenue were 4 4 with pen to win it but keeper saved poor effort to force sudden death. the only good thing to come out of the game was avenue finished with 4 under 17's and 1 under 16, with another u17 on the bench. the club in the process of rebuilding the future looks good. having said that if they play like that against burren we'l be out of faI as well.

process of rebuilding the last time i saw avenue the team was young enough .. without out these underage players ... no harm giving them all games but pick and choose other matches .. the future may not look so good if you are having to play 5 underage players so early in season in a major cup competition :ball:

Clifford
29/09/2008, 4:50 PM
process of rebuilding the last time i saw avenue the team was young enough .. without out these underage players ... no harm giving them all games but pick and choose other matches .. the future may not look so good if you are having to play 5 underage players so early in season in a major cup competition :ball:.

there was six first teamers missing for different reasons. beggars cant be choosers.apart for the keepers blunder for the second goal (had good game besides this) the other four acquitted themselves well. in fact it was on there introduction our game improved. maybe i should have said why we played them. not many teams have this underage quality at their disposal. hopefully our underage system will pay off as in the next few years there will be at least two or three every year.

Clifford
29/09/2008, 6:57 PM
How come so may young players playing? Surely ye can't expect to be winning competitions which so many young players in the side.

mark lawersons famous quote on man utds youngsters. hope its the same outcome. they went on to win the double. competition for places. if your good enough ur old enough. no one guaranteed place unlike last year.
kilrush have some nice players. bogdan up front has the touches and brains. in fairness not a bad team but we were the arcitects of our own downfall. a lot of verbals flying around, add in frankie coote. part and parcel of the game.we gave we took it etc. the only three low points was one of their defenders went off thought he broke his leg (didn't, wouldn't wish that on anyone as we ve all to go to work at the end of the day) and a spitting/snot incident. personnally would prefer a punch to be thrown. when avenue taking pens some of their players were shouting just as players were about to kick. no part for that in sport. we shock hands with them and wished them well.

2on2
29/09/2008, 7:29 PM

Hummmmm Clifford with all due respect i think saying that " club in the process of rebuilding " is a very poor effort to try and cover over the fact in what i would consider a absolute disgraceful result ( no disrespect to Kilrush) but with the pick of players and all the training that i have heard ye have been doing this should not have happened.I think if i was involved with avenue and out of such a major cup already especially one that ye have over the years set high standards and would be seriously thinking that ye should be making the last 8 if not last 4 like ye did a couple of seasons ago is a total mess!!!I have played plenty of clare soccer in my time and i know that away trip to Kilrush is not the place to bring school boys.. when you know that it is going to be a dog fight.Ye have a B squad surely 2/3 players are good enough to be called up when ye are short players especially for a major cup game or do ye have that much little faith in them??I have watched the A & B games this year and there is a couple of B players that would push for a place if given the chance eg. Barry Cusack super player one of the bast midfielders i have seen this year box to box for 90 min and as hard as nails...game yesterday would have suited him down to the ground.. I have seen your A team and id say the average age is 23/24 so i cant understand how you can be "rebuilding" the team... This brings me back to the question that was asked the other day about the team of the 90s they would have gone back and the game would have been over at half time there is no comparison between the two teams...Also i would agree with Old Git that is is bad for the Clare league to have one of there best teams gone out of the MJC at such an early stage...

Clifford
29/09/2008, 8:26 PM
Hummmmm Clifford with all due respect i think saying that " club in the process of rebuilding " is a very poor effort to try and cover over the fact in what i would consider a absolute disgraceful result ( no disrespect to Kilrush) but with the pick of players and all the training that i have heard ye have been doing this should not have happened.I think if i was involved with avenue and out of such a major cup already especially one that ye have over the years set high standards and would be seriously thinking that ye should be making the last 8 if not last 4 like ye did a couple of seasons ago is a total mess!!!I have played plenty of clare soccer in my time and i know that away trip to Kilrush is not the place to bring school boys.. when you know that it is going to be a dog fight.Ye have a B squad surely 2/3 players are good enough to be called up when ye are short players especially for a major cup game or do ye have that much little faith in them??I have watched the A & B games this year and there is a couple of B players that would push for a place if given the chance eg. Barry Cusack super player one of the bast midfielders i have seen this year box to box for 90 min and as hard as nails...game yesterday would have suited him down to the ground.. I have seen your A team and id say the average age is 23/24 so i cant understand how you can be "rebuilding" the team... This brings me back to the question that was asked the other day about the team of the 90s they would have gone back and the game would have been over at half time there is no comparison between the two teams...Also i would agree with Old Git that is is bad for the Clare league to have one of there best teams gone out of the MJC at such an early stage...

not trying to hide the fact that its a terrible result. the b team are also in the munster cup. do you sacrifice their season and all their training and cup tie their players. apart from barry cusack some of the best players on the b team are the youths. its barrys bravery that has held him back with injuries sustained. i've no doubt he would be in the oscar team if he had a bit of luck, as his a top lad with great attitude. dont forget barry came through the underage as well and he would have been given a chance just like we have to give these. we had players for dog fight russ and keane. again individual errors cost us. we had a squad of players that should have been able to do the job. anyways winners play lifford and winners of that play bunratty/mewmarket so we could easily have lost to either of these teams. would like to have had the chance but to say last 4 is a bit premature (would like to think we could have won it but now i'l have to dream of winning fai) and if we play like we did sunday burren will put and end to that.
we should have got skinny, mannix, bombs mccarthy, mikey twomey, brendan nelligan, mallers. no prisoners.

bigguy
29/09/2008, 8:36 PM

You'll win nothing with kids!!!!!...i seem to remember a well know pundit and ex player eating his words after saying that hehe..im sure avenue lads will save that quote just incase ;)

Halo
29/09/2008, 10:31 PM
You'll win nothing with kids!!!!!...i seem to remember a well know pundit and ex player eating his words after saying that hehe..im sure avenue lads will save that quote just incase ;)

It was Alan Hansen with that famous quote back in 95 I think. I don't see Avenue playing so many of these young lads in their side at the same time again this season (unless they really have to) and expect to win anything. I think a lot of teams would love if they did.

littleman
30/09/2008, 6:37 AM
How come the Clare league dosent play Saturday

2on2
30/09/2008, 7:57 AM
Clifford just for a matter of interest what was the avenue starting 11.???

CousinSylDolan
30/09/2008, 8:46 AM
Any transfer activity before the window closes tonight lads????

smellyfeet
30/09/2008, 8:55 AM
How come the Clare league dosent play Saturday

Because they play Sunday.;)

Clare league have played Sunday for as long as i can remember, I say its for many reasons. The School Boy/Girls play Saturday so i'm sure a shortage of Ref's would be a problem too.

old git
30/09/2008, 10:59 AM
not trying to hide the fact that its a terrible result. the b team are also in the munster cup. do you sacrifice their season and all their training and cup tie their players. apart from barry cusack some of the best players on the b team are the youths. its barrys bravery that has held him back with injuries sustained. i've no doubt he would be in the oscar team if he had a bit of luck, as his a top lad with great attitude. dont forget barry came through the underage as well and he would have been given a chance just like we have to give these. we had players for dog fight russ and keane. again individual errors cost us. we had a squad of players that should have been able to do the job. anyways winners play lifford and winners of that play bunratty/mewmarket so we could easily have lost to either of these teams. would like to have had the chance but to say last 4 is a bit premature (would like to think we could have won it but now i'l have to dream of winning fai) and if we play like we did sunday burren will put and end to that.
we should have got skinny, mannix, bombs mccarthy, mikey twomey, brendan nelligan, mallers. no prisoners.

clifford
surely priority should be with A Team in the munster junior .. no disrepect to B team but they aint going to get near winning it ..
i would have thought b team players would have been brought up and underage players would then go to b team .. if ye had got a result in kilrush sunday it would have been a great result... but it did not happen and by avenues own high standards it must be a big disapointment to be out of a major cup competition already.
yes future is looking good with underage players coming through but must add with such a young team already when are all the underage players going to get games ...plus a major problem with squad if you have to call up 4-5 underage players to cover for missing players .. just in case i am totally biased against ye .. it may be a result that brings team/ club together and get them to push on for rest of season to prove us all wrong :ball:

2on2
30/09/2008, 1:10 PM
clifford
surely priority should be with A Team in the munster junior .. no disrepect to B team but they aint going to get near winning it ..
i would have thought b team players would have been brought up and underage players would then go to b team .. if ye had got a result in kilrush sunday it would have been a great result... but it did not happen and by avenues own high standards it must be a big disapointment to be out of a major cup competition already.
yes future is looking good with underage players coming through but must add with such a young team already when are all the underage players going to get games ...plus a major problem with squad if you have to call up 4-5 underage players to cover for missing players .. just in case i am totally biased against ye .. it may be a result that brings team/ club together and get them to push on for rest of season to prove us all wrong :ball:

yes Old Git i agree with everything you said here you hit the nail on the head!! The A team should be the most important team on these cup competitions and that is all that matters. Like you said bring up the B players to fill in at least they would have the experience of playing junior football and know what to expect.To the school boys its just another game lose and it means nothing to them they just go back to their own teams at least junior players will know how important a game like that can be.. Iam still waiting to here Avenues first 11:rolleyes:

Clifford
30/09/2008, 4:43 PM
yes Old Git i agree with everything you said here you hit the nail on the head!! The A team should be the most important team on these cup competitions and that is all that matters. Like you said bring up the B players to fill in at least they would have the experience of playing junior football and know what to expect.To the school boys its just another game lose and it means nothing to them they just go back to their own teams at least junior players will know how important a game like that can be.. Iam still waiting to here Avenues first 11:rolleyes:

colin smyth, simon cuddihy, mattie nugent, david russell, ritchie neylon, david herlihy, gary flynn aidan keane, david smyth, micky mahony, barry nugent. subs dean ryan (played senior gaa eire og clare minor), nicola macura (played junior last year, ian lyons micky dinan (anyone remember their dads?) this team should have been good enough and hard enough for game. all due respect to the younger lads they improved team and helped take it to extra time. should even had the winner. i certainly wouldn't point the finger at them and their commitment maybe even better than some you'd expect more out off. have to take it on the chin and get on with it.

2on2
30/09/2008, 9:57 PM
colin smyth, simon cuddihy, mattie nugent, david russell, ritchie neylon, david herlihy, gary flynn aidan keane, david smyth, micky mahony, barry nugent. subs dean ryan (played senior gaa eire og clare minor), nicola macura (played junior last year, ian lyons micky dinan (anyone remember their dads?) this team should have been good enough and hard enough for game. all due respect to the younger lads they improved team and helped take it to extra time. should even had the winner. i certainly wouldn't point the finger at them and their commitment maybe even better than some you'd expect more out off. have to take it on the chin and get on with it.

Yea i would agree with you there this team should have been good enough but the reason i asked for the team was that i heard a very interesting thing and i see from your team that a very prominent player for ye was missing and i was told he choose a junior A/B football match over this major cup game for ye!!!! Is there any truth in this?????:rolleyes:

CousinSylDolan
01/10/2008, 7:17 AM
your talking about rochie..better he miss munster junior than league...
the last time i checked 1 player doesn't make a team..

I believe they drew the football match too and the replay is this Sunday. Which code will be play this weekend?????

2on2
01/10/2008, 8:03 AM
your talking about rochie..so what if he was playing a junior A semi final...is he not allowed to play gaelic...most teams have gaa players..i'd say lifford are the only team in premier (correct me if wrong)that don't have gaa players..better he miss munster junior than league...
the last time i checked 1 player doesn't make a team..

special 1 where did you see in any of my posts that i said i had a problem with fellows playing gaa and soccer????? but what really gets me going is that he is CLUB CAPTAIN and next game he shows up for he will be handed his jersey and in the first team without a word said...certain fellows can come and go not worry about their place regardless how good the player that filled in for them did... and id say fair play to Lifford you go around to the top sides in the country and see how many of their Captains pick gaa over a major cup game.

Halo
01/10/2008, 9:12 AM
special 1 where did you see in any of my posts that i said i had a problem with fellows playing gaa and soccer????? but what really gets me going is that he is CLUB CAPTAIN and next game he shows up for he will be handed his jersey and in the first team without a word said...certain fellows can come and go not worry about their place regardless how good the player that filled in for them did... and id say fair play to Lifford you go around to the top sides in the country and see how many of their Captains pick gaa over a major cup game.

Do clubs see the Munster Junior Cup as a mayor cup competition.
Quick question: What do Clubs in Clare see as the priorty in terms of the competitions they play
ie
1 League
2 Cup
3. FAI
4 Munster

Just wondering what ye think?

out red
01/10/2008, 9:16 AM
Do clubs see the Munster Junior Cup as a mayor cup competition.
Quick question: What do Clubs in Clare see as the priorty in terms of the competitions they play
ie
1 League
2 Cup
3. FAI
4 Munster

Just wondering what ye think?

that would be the order with us anyway. i know some teams treat the clare area finals very highly also (hacker :D). but in all seriousness league is always top priority.

old git
01/10/2008, 9:59 AM
that would be the order with us anyway. i know some teams treat the clare area finals very highly also (hacker :D). but in all seriousness league is always top priority.

league would be first

cup second choice

fai / munster outright just a dream .. but if had pick munster junior probaly a lot more easier to win outright surely clare teams must realise this and have a major go at winning it someday it would be some achievement for club & county .. :ball:

old git
01/10/2008, 10:02 AM

personally i would not entertain him as captain no more he is supposed to be the clubs leader on the pitch and drive on the rest of the players ... let him sit on bench for next game or two also :D

talisman
01/10/2008, 10:57 AM
Personally, I think Clare clubs should be giving the Munster Junior a good shot. Granted it's a very tough competition to win but it's not as if the top teams in the county are a million miles away from the top dogs in Munster like some people seem to think. Hopefully this year a Clare club will do well.

ILuvFootie
01/10/2008, 11:53 AM
Its very hard to stop Lads playing GAA.However its easy enuf for the GAA to stop lads playing footy.A few of our players(Kilkishen Celtic)were told by the Junior A team not to play Munster Junior last weekend.Only 1 lad came along and played.Its so maddening:mad:

Interested
01/10/2008, 3:26 PM
personally i would not entertain him as captain no more he is supposed to be the clubs leader on the pitch and drive on the rest of the players ... let him sit on bench for next game or two also :D

Surely this is a case of individual choice. The said player chose to play in a Semi Final (albeit in a differant sport) instead of travelling to Kilrush to play a Munster Junior Cup game that everyone except the Kilrush players thought Avenue would win handy enough.
I don't think his past commitments to Avenue can be doubted and any decision that has to be made regarding his continued captaincy or place in the team should be left to the clubs management. I am sure that the Avenue contingent that do post sensibly on Foot.ie would not even consider doubting the mans commitment.

Spudd
01/10/2008, 3:26 PM
Its very hard to stop Lads playing GAA.However its easy enuf for the GAA to stop lads playing footy.A few of our players(Kilkishen Celtic)were told by the Junior A team not to play Munster Junior last weekend.Only 1 lad came along and played.Its so maddening:mad:

How much do you love footie then?

On a scale of lets say....1--------10.

Probibly be a 10 myself..But then again,i do love my footie,me!

Halo
01/10/2008, 3:49 PM

And what benefit would this be to the club or team?

Avenue1990
01/10/2008, 4:35 PM
This lads committment not only to Avenue but to Clare soccer is legendary. I understand people will open up the old argument again about GAA and soccer but I think its unfair to highlight this mans committment to avenue when he has probably given more than most. Maybe he is just interested in adding a junior football title to his collection of soccer medals.,,Avenue should still have enough against Kilrush without Rochie but unfortunately they did not and good luck to Kilrush. Maybe winning back the league is the number 1 priority this year?

plasticpitch
01/10/2008, 5:21 PM
agreed.. i cant see many teams setting out to win the munster junior cup(st michaels and co excused) i think that the league is the main priority. as for the avenue player in question... he has been present in the avenue team for many years as well as representing clare and travelling all over the country for those games... in fairness lads i think the guys commitment is not in doubt!!

mr miyagi
01/10/2008, 5:21 PM
Maybe winning back the league is the number 1 priority this year?

That should always be the no.1 priority for a club like Avenue...
But does that mean they should forget about everything else?