PDA

View Full Version : Dida Tonight

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jebus
03/10/2007, 8:37 PM
Jesus I knew AC were a bunch of dirty cheats, but tonight is unbelievable, and I'm not even a Celtic supporter. How he thinks that he would get away that is beyond me. I'd actually throw the book at Dida and not at Celtic for that incident, although obviously Celtic should get a fine for not controling their crowds

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 8:42 PM
Jesus I knew AC were a bunch of dirty cheats, but tonight is unbelievable, and I'm not even a Celtic supporter. How he thinks that he would get away that is beyond me. I'd actually throw the book at Dida and not at Celtic for that incident, although obviously Celtic should get a fine for not controling their crowds

Absolute clown, but nothing different to what MOST other keepers would do

sligoman
03/10/2007, 8:42 PM
For those that didn't see it, care to say what happened?

jebus
03/10/2007, 8:44 PM

Fan ran onto the pitch when Celtic hit a 90th minute winner, tapped Dida on the face/shoulder, Dida turned ran after the fan, got about 5 steps and realised he could pretend he was assaulted and fell to the ground holding his face and was substituted as injured

Olander
a fan got onto the pitch after celtic scored the winner, he ran past dida barely touching him, dida ran after him for a second or two then decided to dive on the floor in agony, he was taken off . dirty cheats

Hibs4Ever

Celtic scumbag ran onto pitch and smacked dida across neck. dida went down like he was shot

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 8:46 PM
a fan got onto the pitch after celtic scored the winner, he ran past dida barely touching him, dida ran after him for a second or two then decided to dive on the floor in agony, he was taken off . dirty cheats

I wouldn't say "barely" touched him. He ran across him with his arm out intending to hit him. Dida made a meal of it, but he wasn't "barely touched"

inexile
03/10/2007, 8:47 PM
classic quote from johnny giles, dida should be charged for bringing the game into disrepute for feigning injury, he should also be charged with impersonating a goalkeeper!! what a legend!!

sligoman
03/10/2007, 8:48 PM
Just saw it now on Sky Sports, cheers lads:D.

stiofain
03/10/2007, 8:49 PM
Shamefull behaviour by a grown 'man'.

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 8:50 PM
Shamefull behaviour by a grown 'man'.

Yeah. The keeper was a disgrace too ;)

kingdom hoop
03/10/2007, 8:51 PM
Jebus wins the best description award. Well done! :p

The BBC are calling it nothing more than a cheeky jock strap, slap, sorry.

jebus
03/10/2007, 8:54 PM
I wouldn't say "barely" touched him. He ran across him with his arm out intending to hit him. Dida made a meal of it, but he wasn't "barely touched"

Someones just given away that they've never been in a fight anyway! :p

Plastic Paddy
03/10/2007, 8:59 PM
-----

sfc red
03/10/2007, 9:01 PM
Loved the way George Hamilton tried to justify a SellThick scumbag (which he was) running onto a pitch and striking a player. Goon.

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 9:03 PM
A "Celtic scumbag"? You are some arsehole. And a bitter, twisted and judgemental one at that. Any effing excuse for a pop and you take it.

If you can see past the end of your nose why don't you actually watch what happened?

:ball: PP

I'm sorry, I'll refraise

The "wonderful celtic fan, that was a credit to the club ran onto pitch and smacked dida across neck. dida went down like he was shot"

Didn't mean to offend the guy. You must be so proud of him.

(for the record, if a Hibs fan done that, my opinion would be the very same)

Saint MacDara
03/10/2007, 9:06 PM
"Barely touched him" is an apt description of the non-incident.The Celtic fan couldnt have been more gentle if he'd kissed Dida.

Dida and Celtic should have their knuckles wrapped with a few grand fine for the antics but no more.Dida will be a laughing stock for awhile and might discourage other brainless footballers from fraud.Realistically no club can keep every single fan off the pitch without a cordon of riot police,dogs and barbed wire to make their stadium a friendly impregnable fortress.

backstothewall
03/10/2007, 9:08 PM
Dida should be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice. Celtic fan should never be near parkhead again

jebus
03/10/2007, 9:15 PM
Honestly I think Celtic should have to play their remaining home games in the group stage behind closed doors. I know we're all laughing at that clown Dida but the fan could just as easily have stabbed him, don't know what the stewards were up to to be honest.

On a lighter note I hear the Celtic forums are awash with conspiracy theories that the fan in question was actually a Rangers supporter looking to get them kicked out :D:D:D Celtic fans, always good for a laugh or two

Dida should be charged with attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Jesus he's hardly holding the missing piece of evidence in the Maddy McCann case in the trunk of his car is he

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 9:17 PM
Look at the Denmark game from last year where a fan tried to get the ref but didnt really get near him.

They got the game result changed to a 3-0 loss and where force to play their next four games 250 km away

UEFA don't care if contact was minimal - the fan got on the pitch and made contact with the keeper. Thats all that'll matter to them

Olander
03/10/2007, 9:21 PM
I wouldn't say "barely" touched him. He ran across him with his arm out intending to hit him. Dida made a meal of it, but he wasn't "barely touched"maybe you wouldn't but I would, i suspect dida has gotten harder kisses from his granny than that, he's a dirty cheat. saying that celtic will certaintly and rightfully get punished for the fan getting on the pitch... that doesn't disguise what an absolute ass he made of himself :o

Sheridan
03/10/2007, 9:37 PM
Loved the way George Hamilton tried to justify a SellThick scumbag (which he was) running onto a pitch and striking a player. Goon.
Agreed, I was cringing listening to him. Dida ought to be at least somewhat embarrassed (although more so for his goalkeeping), but as the away goalkeeper and therefore the most vulnerable player on the field he has a right to demand protection. For a supporter to enter the field of play and strike a player is utterly inexcusable; the Scotch should forfeit the game and be ordered to play their remaining matches behind closed doors.

Darco Ooragnak
03/10/2007, 9:40 PM
Link
(http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1435095)

Might have to try a few times to get a connection.

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 9:43 PM
You just add up what went on:

1. Fan on pitch
2. Struck player (no matter how hard)
3. Dida makes most of it.

Points 1 and 2 are all that uefa need deal with and I think they will. Celtic fans or some of the press IE Daily Record are going on about the 3rd point.

They broke 2 rules before he Dida did and you can't prove he is not hurt, points 1 and 2 are not up for debate

soccerc
03/10/2007, 9:47 PM
Dida tonight

Dida Awat in Lansdowne, June 2005.

Must be something about dida's

Dodge
03/10/2007, 9:53 PM
You just add up what went on:

1. Fan on pitch
2. Struck player (no matter how hard)
3. Dida makes most of it.

Points 1 and 2 are all that uefa need deal with and I think they will. Celtic fans or some of the press IE Daily Record are going on about the 3rd point.

They broke 2 rules before he Dida did and you can't prove he is not hurt, points 1 and 2 are not up for debate

WOnder would you be thinking the same if you didn't hate Celtic as much. He ran after the guy, stopped and 3 seconds later fell clutching his face. He should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute. And yes, Celtic should be punished for lack of security. Can't see how its one or the other to some here...

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 9:56 PM
WOnder would you be thinking the same if you didn't hate Celtic as much. He ran after the guy, stopped and 3 seconds later fell clutching his face. He should be banned for bringing the game into disrepute. And yes, Celtic should be punished for lack of security. Can't see how its one or the other to some here...

Simple. It can't be proved the keeper wasn't hurt. FACT

and YES, I'd think the same if it was another team.

jebus
03/10/2007, 9:58 PM
Simple. It can't be proved the keeper wasn't hurt. FACT

So now you've proved that you haven't been in a fight, and have no basic understanding of what modern medicine can do

Olander
03/10/2007, 9:58 PM
sniff sniff ;):D

Dodge
03/10/2007, 10:00 PM
Would you ****....

It can be proven he wasn't hit anywhere near where the ice pack was. RIvaldo got fined for something similar in the 2002 world cup. I'd expect at least the same for dida.

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 10:00 PM
So now you've proved that you haven't been in a fight, and have no basic understanding of what modern medicine can do

Modern medicine can't prove that at that time Dida wasn't feeling pain

Secondly, I'm not saying he didn't dive/cheat. I'm saying it can't be proven he wasn't hurt by what happened

And whats the big deal about never being in a fight? Is something like that important to you?

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 10:03 PM
Would you ****....

It can be proven he wasn't hit anywhere near where the ice pack was. RIvaldo got fined for something similar in the 2002 world cup. I'd expect at least the same for dida.

Rivaldo got fined for holding his face when the ball hit his legs. Christ thats a huge difference in holding your head when getting hit in neck!! and as I said, it CAN'T be proven he wasn't in pain.

jebus
03/10/2007, 10:05 PM
Modern medicine can't prove that at that time Dida wasn't feeling pain

I do think it would be able to prove that he didn't need ice packs and stretchers however

And whats the big deal about never being in a fight? Is something like that important to you?

Not at all, just having a bit of fun is all, jeez you Scottish football supporters take things seriously

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 10:06 PM
As Charlie Nichlos said on Sky Sports, if it happened to Boruc, Celtic would be claiming EVERYTHING

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 10:07 PM
I do think it would be able to prove that he didn't need ice packs and stretchers however

Precautions ;)

Hibs4Ever
03/10/2007, 10:10 PM
Not at all, just having a bit of fun is all, jeez you Scottish football supporters take things seriously

Sorry,

I'm getting told my opinion is because I'm anti celtic, even though someone has already on this thread had a go at me for saying the celtic fan was a scumbag, and called me various names because he felt he needed to defend this guy!! I have on numerous times on this thread said Dida made a meal of it.

I'm looking at the FACTS of the way UEFA will look at it

NeilMcD
03/10/2007, 11:14 PM
The fan should not have been on the pitch and Celtic should be fined for that and Dida should be fined and suspended for acting and for bringing the game into disrepute. I have not affinity with Celtic but Hibs4Ever you comments on this are entirely informed by your love for Hibs and subsequent hatred for Celtic. Nothing wrong with it but dont try to preted that you are an impartial observer on any of this are you are antic Celtic in this case.

mypost
03/10/2007, 11:17 PM
Honestly I think Celtic should have to play their remaining home games in the group stage behind closed doors. I know we're all laughing at that clown Dida but the fan could just as easily have stabbed him

:confused:

I presume every fan was searched on the way in.

In keeping with UEFA's form, and given the fact it happened to AC Milan, I strongly suspect they will hand Celtic a 3-0 defeat for the incident. Harsh but generally how they deal with fans interfering with players/officials at games. :rolleyes: That will hurt.

jebus
03/10/2007, 11:23 PM
:confused:

I presume every fan was searched on the way in.

All too easy to slip something in if you so wish and there is no way of preventing it, bar full cavity searches for everyone attending football matches

geysir
03/10/2007, 11:30 PM
Stretchered off clutching an ice pack to the right side off his face :D
Uefa should be able to see through that one even if some rabid juveniles can't.
What a poncy game soccer is turning out to be at the top level. Champions of Europe me árse.
Hard to say how serious UEFA will take the pitch incursion. Somehow I think Dida's antics may work in Celtic's favour.
Who did UEFA fine when that streaker came on in the UEFA final in Seville?
themselves?

mypost
03/10/2007, 11:44 PM
Stretchered off clutching an ice pack to the right side off his face :D
Uefa should be able to see through that one even if some rabid juveniles can't.

Oh but this is AC Milan we're talking about, UEFA as we know, like to bend over to help them out whenever possible. As we saw, when they allowed the match-fixers into the comp. last year, and awarded a 0-3 defeat to Inter in the q/f in '05 too, just like that. :rolleyes:

shanman2
04/10/2007, 9:46 AM
What a poncy game soccer is turning out to be at the top level. Champions of Europe me árse.

It was just Didas antic there were several other incidents that were digraceful. Nesta the best defender in the world tripping over daisies. Pirlo jumping to the ground faster than a break dancer. Kaka hurting his shin when no one tackled him and to top it all off the two "Hard men" Gattusso and Ambrosini falling around the place when tackle yet they can give it out. Typical Italian ****e it happens in Spain the whole time two. Uefa have to do something fast because the kids are watching this thinking its ok to play act.

jebus
04/10/2007, 9:50 AM

Typical Italian ****e it happens in Spain the whole time two.

And it never happens in the Premiership? Home to Ronaldo, Gerrard and Owen, amongst others, three born and bred divers? Why even Wayne Rooney has taken the dive when needed. Uefa do need to stamp it out by sending off players for feigning injury, or doing so through video footage if the player succeeds in conning the ref but this isn't just a Italian or Spanish problem

Hibs4Ever
04/10/2007, 9:54 AM
The fan should not have been on the pitch and Celtic should be fined for that and Dida should be fined and suspended for acting and for bringing the game into disrepute. I have not affinity with Celtic but Hibs4Ever you comments on this are entirely informed by your love for Hibs and subsequent hatred for Celtic. Nothing wrong with it but dont try to preted that you are an impartial observer on any of this are you are antic Celtic in this case.

Show me which of my comments are wrong here!!

Stuttgart88
04/10/2007, 9:56 AM
Funny, I just knew H4E would take a totally biased view on the incident. No proof he wasn't injured? Get real man, or rather, get objective.

Club allegiances aside, anyone can see that he wasn't hurt and was playing up completely.

Very different incident to Copenhagen where the fan actively tried to get at the referee. The Celtic fan was a total and utter eejit but what he actually did was in no way violent. Felipe Contemponi did the same to O'Gara late on in the game on Sunday. A provocative wind-up, a pat on the face (or in last night's case - upper chest). Totally mindless? Yes. Derserving of the fan being banned & Celtic fined? Yes. Capable of causing pain? You're joking.

Stuttgart88
04/10/2007, 10:00 AM
Show me which of my comments are wrong here!!

This one maybe:

smacked dida across neck

AC Milan are to make no complaint. Says it all in my opinion.

The Danish fan had to be restrained from attacking the referee and, from what I can remember, the fan actually struck out at the ref but missed. Ref then abandoned the match.

Hibs4Ever
04/10/2007, 10:07 AM
Funny, I just knew H4E would take a totally biased view on the incident. No proof he wasn't injured? Get real man, or rather, get objective.

Club allegiances aside, anyone can see that he wasn't hurt and was playing up completely.

Very different incident to Copenhagen where the fan actively tried to get at the referee. The Celtic fan was a total and utter eejit but what he actually did was in no way violent.

I think YOU should get real, and put your obvious pro celtic feeling aside (you and many others on this forum)

I have said many times on this thread that Dida dived, cheated, made a meal of it.

But the FACTS are, a fan ran onto the pitch, towards a player, stuck his arm out with the intention of hitting the player, and made contact with him. My point here is that thats all FIFA are going to look at. So tell me why you say I need to sort my objectives?

The Denmark fan ran towards the ref, didn't get that far and didn't make ANY contact with him, and you are saying thats worse than the guy last night actually swinging at and making contact with a player!! I think YOU need to get real.

This one maybe:

AC Milan are to make no complaint. Says it all in my opinion.

The Danish fan had to be restrained from attacking the referee and, from what I can remember, the fan actually struck out at the ref but missed. Ref then abandoned the match.

He did smack dida across neck. Barely touched him, but the intention was there.

Now thats ONE comment. Show me the commentS i said that are wrong ;)

Again, as Charlie Nicholas (a celtic man) said last night, if it had been the other way around, Boruc would have reacted the same, and celtic would drag it all the way through UEFA

John83
04/10/2007, 10:09 AM
For those who missed it before, the video:
http://www.d1g.com/video/show/1435095

Bloody hell, how anyone can defend Dida there is beyond me.

galwayhoop
04/10/2007, 10:17 AM
Bottom line is that the Fan shouldn't have come onto the pitch. He was stupid and could cost Celtic dearly.

Personally I happpen to think that the 'Slap' was in the vein of 'ahh how about ya, ya muppet, you foooked up' if you know what I mean. Nothing malicious and definately not an attack on the player.

Not excusing the supporter in the slightest, who was either p1ssed or estactic (as Jamie Rednapp said), I wouldn't necessarily class him as a Scumbag but I would have to agree that he was extremely, extremely stupid and made an eegit out of himself.

Dida's reaction was terrible though. IMO he was attempting to get the game called off.

The fan will be banned for life. Celtic should (rightly) receive a large fine (and unfortunately may have to play behind closed doors) but Dida should, as some pundits suggested, also be fined/suspended for bringing the game into disrepute.

After all the fan obviously didn't hurt Dida (again I reiterate he was such a fool for coming on in the first place) but Dida certainly tried to influence the outcome of the game with his over reaction and feigning injury and through his over reaction will cost Celtic a fine and possibly further sanctions including the forfeiture of the game, hardly a good example for young players.

For me the incident sullied the result which was brilliant for Celtic and unfortunately may have severe repercussions for the Hoops.

On a side point it was nice to see the Sporting Director (I think that was his title) from Milan stating in his interview with Sky that the incident "had no effect on the Validity of the game". As Richard Keyes said - a very grown up response.

biscuit
04/10/2007, 10:17 AM
H4E you seem to think that everyone here has a biased towards celtic...i am not biased towards them, i think that celtic should get a heafty fine, ban the fan, be warned about future conduct and thats that. Your a typical bitter and twisted hibs fan, nothing new there. Your posts on the subject have now gone beyond discussion they are just rants....jealous?:rolleyes: