PDA

View Full Version : Dida Tonight

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

galwayhoop
12/10/2007, 8:56 AM
Celtic can count themselves lucky IMO. Paltry fine as usual from UEFA. Dida deserved his ban although I didn't think it would stick but I thought Celtic would be hit harder in the pocket.

i don't think its true that Celtic are lucky. if you think about it had Dida not over-exageratted the 'injury' then Celtic would only ever have got a fine around that figure for an incident like that.

Personally I'm amazed that UEFA have acted this way as it seems a logical and thought out solution to the incident. amazing stuff.

btw - i presume dida will get his ban overturned on appeal but it doesn't matter anyway as he is sh1te!!!!

Bottle of Tonic
12/10/2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah wasn't expecting such a rational decision either. Dida will probably not have to serve two games, coming more in line with what i thought the original decison would be, but it's a strong and positive message from UEFA that they can hand down such a sentance to the Euro champs goalie.
The Lithuanian incident against Scotland recently probably went under the radar for alot of people (players too it seems) and it's great UEFA have kept their standards up and are sending out a message crystal clear about the consequences of simulation or whatever its called these days.
Not surprised with the relatively small fine. It's still a bit bigger than other fines recently handed out to other sides for crowd trouble - spain crowd racist monkey noises , rangers rioting at osasuna etc. Don't have the figures stored in me head but think they always hand out pretty tiny fines anyway.
Hope Aberdeen don't get hammered for their flare in the Ukraine. They really can't afford it.

drinkfeckarse
12/10/2007, 12:17 PM
Not arguing it's a very rational decision because it's refreshing as you say. I just think in the context if things the fine was small. Poor security afterall. Not that I'm complaining about it.

geysir
12/10/2007, 3:48 PM
Delaney could apply for a job with Uefa and work wonders for their coffers.

The fine is a bit above standard for a lone pitch incursion.
That's all Celtic were charged with.
It's encouraging that Uefa completly rejected the idea beforehand that Dida was in any way harmed.