PDA

View Full Version : Back above Northern Ireland

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

EalingGreen
17/02/2007, 5:44 PM
Thread title: "Back above Northern Ireland"

Thread Topic: Latest FIFA Rankings

Are you asking me or yourself. Because, irrelevant, incontinent drivel is what passes for almost 100% of your posts on here. Sorry, Scotland didn't duck out of playing in four times NI in the 1970s? You've only played them seven times in your history? It was the IFA that cancelled the BC so that w*nkers like you can brag about how you're reigning British champions two decades after the competition folded?
Some NI fan you are. And, unlike many of mis compadres, who weren't born when I made my debut, you have no excuse. The 1978 game was also played at HP. I remember the first game at WP being the opener of the 1980 BC and thinking, really, is this the first time Scotland had set foot in Belfast in a decade? So that's at least two games they passed on, needlessly. Possibly three if you include 1974.

Are you on drugs? :eek:

CollegeTillIDie
17/02/2007, 5:58 PM
I think the Republic going above Northern Ireland after their abysmal performances in the last few months( the Republic I mean) proves the rankings
are what the Sex Pistols asked us to Never Mind all those years ago.... :D

CollegeTillIDie
17/02/2007, 6:01 PM
You could always ask fans of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia how they managed to fit their name into a chant.

FYR Macedonia clap clap clap clap clap ; FYR Macedonia Clap Clap clap clap clap :D

sylvo
17/02/2007, 6:41 PM
Re. your first para, I for one have never "blame[d] our nearest rival for everything"; and it is FIFA who will determine who is eligible for whom.

Re. your second para, why are you so interested in my relocation from one part of the country to another?

P.S. Some more "pub football" for you, this time taken from Spanish TV:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6e2EBfsqzU
Enjoy! :cool:

First if he's Irish regardless of which one of our 32 counties he's from then he's eligible, I belive the good friday agreement covers this little matter. Maybe you can take up this up with the passport office, no need to get in touch with the main one in Dublin, theres one in Belfast which I hear is most helpful from our fellow fans from the Northern part of the country.

Second you moved to Ealing from Ireland. Not the same country. Sorry to break that news to you. Really I couldn't care where you live.:)

EalingGreen
17/02/2007, 6:59 PM
First if he's Irish regardless of which one of our 32 counties he's from then he's eligible, I belive the good friday agreement covers this little matter.

Second you moved to Ealing from Ireland. Not the same country. Sorry to break that news to you. Really I couldn't care where you live.:)

Find me the clause in the GFA which refers to football generally, or international eligibility specifically. I'd be most interested to read it.

Secondly, when I moved from Northern Ireland to Great Britain, I don't recall crossing any frontiers, so I am pretty sure I remained in the same country. (The name "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" in my Passport is a clue, not that I had to present it to anyone)

And forgive me for thinking you might be interested in where I live. I must have misunderstood your post from earlier today, when you asked:
"Anyway EG go on tell us how you ended up in Ealing..." :rolleyes:

P.S. Did you enjoy the "pub football" clip I posted? :cool:

lopez
17/02/2007, 10:57 PM
The thing is Ealing, YOU don't decide what is posted in this thread. There are mods to do the job. If you don't like that, go back and play with the little boys on ourweeminds.

As Scotland's coastline is nearer to Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Park than Dundalk, you've played them perhaps fifteen more times than us, they've stitched you up more than once over 'security', and we won't even mention the BC, the reason we are your 'nearest' rivals is not geography but bigotry. In fact, I'd say the only justification for us being your nearest rivals in the empty space between your ears is the two minute drive from the Village to the Botanic Inn on the Malone Road, which the last time I was there was filled to the rafters with supporters watching the real Ireland team, while the fake one was warming up to play down the road. :D

Find me the clause in the GFA which refers to football generally, or international eligibility specifically. I'd be most interested to read it.

http://www.fifa.com/documents/static/regulations/Statutes_09_2005_EN.pdf

We've gone through this before. Article 15 of 'Eligibility to play for Association Teams.' Pretty clear cut. FIFA does the football. The GFA allows anyone in Ireland to get an Irish passport. Until the recent referendum, for some it was the only one of the two they could get (so much for more the knowledge of your own 'country's' - which one is it today? - citizenship laws.)

P.S. Did you enjoy the "pub football" clip I posted? :cool:I'd like to say I've got a tape from SCGP 94, but a small country like us hammering someone 4-0 away really isn't something worth keeping. Especially a team that isn't a real country. Even youtube don't have it. No one can be bothered posting it. Frankly, a video of the union jack waving inbreds leaving at half time would be the only memorable moment from that game. (Boooo-hooo!). Were you one of them? I'd imagine your obsession with us would have meant that that scoreline was particularly hard to stomach.

When I moved from Northern Ireland to Great Britain, I don't recall crossing any frontiers, so I am pretty sure I remained in the same country.'
I'm thinking of having that as a signature. The delicious irony of that statement is splitting my sides.

LOL: There's no need for Prozac when you're around.

geysir
18/02/2007, 1:26 PM
First if he's Irish regardless of which one of our 32 counties he's from then he's eligible, I belive the good friday agreement covers this little matter.
Passport eligibility precedes the GFA by decades.
AFAIK, FIFA's articles on eligibility have only been clarified and entered into their statutes since the early 70's (Mancini, the first ?) and furthur clarified/ ammended to cover for the likes of Troussier and Oman.

couldn't care?
His location has been questioned again and again. The obsession about this irrelevant location issue nearly equals EG's obsession with things Ireland.

sylvo
18/02/2007, 7:02 PM
Passport eligibility precedes the GFA by decades.

I know.:)

couldn't care?
His location has been questioned again and again. The obsession about this irrelevant location issue nearly equals EG's obsession with things Ireland.

Hardly call it obsession now.:)

Paddy Garcia
18/02/2007, 7:05 PM
Hardly call it obsession now.:)

Passing interest at most.

sylvo
18/02/2007, 8:21 PM

Secondly, when I moved from Northern Ireland to Great Britain, I don't recall crossing any frontiers, so I am pretty sure I remained in the same country. (The name "United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland" in my Passport is a clue, not that I had to present it to anyone)

And forgive me for thinking you might be interested in where I live. I must have misunderstood your post from earlier today, when you asked:
"Anyway EG go on tell us how you ended up in Ealing..." :rolleyes:

P.S. Did you enjoy the "pub football" clip I posted? :cool:

As has been said, it respects peoples rights to be whatever nationality they want to be. Ratified by the majority of people all across Ireland. I belive there was politicans from Ireland, Britain and America involved in it;) . So the basic story is people born in the North can class themselves as Irish (Strange that hey, seeing it is Ireland after all) and hold an Irish passport. Which in turn means their able to play for Ireland. Sorted.

But if your talking about Eligibilty regarding people born in your fake country here's some things that people from the Nationalist side of your so called country weren't entitled to for so long.

Equal opportunities in jobs which resulted in no vote if you were unemployed, Less funding for schools, Respect for national identity and culture ( I belive a lot of that was a criminal offence to display forms of Irish culture), huge election boundaries so they could never get any form of power, marches by a bigotted organisation forced through their areas against their will.

Things they were eligible for was discrimination and harrassment from a police force which was like the ss, which also aided and abetted Loyalist death squads in their murder of Nationalists. ( there was some proof provided as recent as three weeks ago to back that up so no need for me to check).

So in the real context of things seeing the wonderful civil rights record that your so called country has shown to its Nationalist population, that if theres one team that Darren Gibson is not eligible to play for is ''YOUR F**CKING SHOWER OF SH1TE''.

I look forward to seeing Darren getting his first senior cap, I think you lot have a nerve to even question and interfere in the selection of one of our own countrymen for our national team.

Didn't check out the pub team clip, couldn't download it, whats it about does it show you lot in action.

sylvo
18/02/2007, 8:29 PM
Passing interest at most.

Yes maybe a passing interest, seeing we live in a third world country according to him, a country which so many people have come too and make it their home, I just can't see why someone like him would then want to leave our so called land neigbour which seems like such a superpower according to his songs.:confused:

Qwerty
18/02/2007, 10:05 PM
Ealing Green's non-stop postings to a forum dedicated to the Republic Of Ireland senior team are a pretty clear indication of his fear of the South and his insecurity as a Northerner. We in the South may have cast off the yoke of history but our Northerner brothers are still well and truely burdened by the past. Take it easy on him now.

co. down green
18/02/2007, 10:31 PM
Ealing Green's non-stop postings to a forum dedicated to the Republic Of Ireland senior team are a pretty clear indication of his fear of the South and his insecurity as a Northerner. We in the South may have cast off the yoke of history but our Northerner brothers are still well and truely burdened by the past. Take it easy on him now.

Some of us Northerners are neither insecure nor burdened by the past, if fact many of us are perfectly comfortable following a team with supporters and players from all over the Island.

Good to see O'Connor & Kane named in the u21 squad for the Madeira cup next week

Closed Account 2
18/02/2007, 10:48 PM
How many of the NI squad were born before the last time they were in a major competition ?

geysir
19/02/2007, 12:07 AM
Didn't check out the pub team clip, couldn't download it, whats it about does it show you lot in action.
It shows the North scoring 3 goals against a currently ranked 4th seeded team at WP. I suspect that the goalkeeper in all innocence blessed himself and got distracted by the rumpus behind him.
I think the point of the clip is to demonstrate that the obsession with things Southern goes way beyond EG's sphere. Two of the goals are so Charltonesque that they could be a replica of scenes from our Charlton years.

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 10:31 AM
The thing is Ealing, YOU don't decide what is posted in this thread. There are mods to do the job. If you don't like that, go back and play with the little boys on ourweeminds.

As Scotland's coastline is nearer to Saxe-Coburg-Gotha Park than Dundalk, you've played them perhaps fifteen more times than us, they've stitched you up more than once over 'security', and we won't even mention the BC, the reason we are your 'nearest' rivals is not geography but bigotry. In fact, I'd say the only justification for us being your nearest rivals in the empty space between your ears is the two minute drive from the Village to the Botanic Inn on the Malone Road, which the last time I was there was filled to the rafters with supporters watching the real Ireland team, while the fake one was warming up to play down the road. :D

http://www.fifa.com/documents/static/regulations/Statutes_09_2005_EN.pdf

We've gone through this before. Article 15 of 'Eligibility to play for Association Teams.' Pretty clear cut. FIFA does the football. The GFA allows anyone in Ireland to get an Irish passport. Until the recent referendum, for some it was the only one of the two they could get (so much for more the knowledge of your own 'country's' - which one is it today? - citizenship laws.)

I'd like to say I've got a tape from SCGP 94, but a small country like us hammering someone 4-0 away really isn't something worth keeping. Especially a team that isn't a real country. Even youtube don't have it. No one can be bothered posting it. Frankly, a video of the union jack waving inbreds leaving at half time would be the only memorable moment from that game. (Boooo-hooo!). Were you one of them? I'd imagine your obsession with us would have meant that that scoreline was particularly hard to stomach.

I'm thinking of having that as a signature. The delicious irony of that statement is splitting my sides.

LOL: There's no need for Prozac when you're around.

So, to sum up:
1. Scotland is nearer to NI than the Irish Republic;
2. You are the authority on FIFA's Regulations, not FIFA;
3. SFA/IFA relations from over 30 years ago, and a match which took place nearly 13 years ago, together have more bearing on the respective merits of the NI and ROI teams than matches which have taken place in the last 13 months;
4. GB and NI are not both part of the "UK of GB & NI".

I don't know whether Prozac would do you any good, but you should stay away from the LSD...:eek:

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 10:54 AM

How curious that amongst those most "obsessed" with my location have been Livehead1 (living and studying in Nottingham), and Lopez (English born and bred)!

As for my own "obsession" with "Ireland" (I assume you mean the Republic of Ireland football team), I would merely point out that the overwhelming majority of my posts on this Board have been in the following threads:
Dermot Aherne's call for a single Irish team, which would mean the end of the NI team I support;
The Gibson thread, which concerns the eligibility or otherwise of NI-born players for NI or the ROI;
This thread, which covers the respective merits of NI vs the ROI team.

In case you've missed it, I've highlighted the common thread to my "obsession"; as an NI fan I think I'm entitled to an opinion, whether you find it disagreeable or not.

As for the dozens of other threads on the ROI team, other than when I have a particular interest (Robbie Keane, Cian Hughton, Steve Hunt etc), I have generally avoided commenting, since I have no great desire to intrude upon private grief. :cool:

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 11:02 AM
As has been said, it respects peoples rights to be whatever nationality they want to be. Ratified by the majority of people all across Ireland. I belive there was politicans from Ireland, Britain and America involved in it;) . So the basic story is people born in the North can class themselves as Irish (Strange that hey, seeing it is Ireland after all) and hold an Irish passport. Which in turn means their able to play for Ireland. Sorted.

But if your talking about Eligibilty regarding people born in your fake country here's some things that people from the Nationalist side of your so called country weren't entitled to for so long.

Equal opportunities in jobs which resulted in no vote if you were unemployed, Less funding for schools, Respect for national identity and culture ( I belive a lot of that was a criminal offence to display forms of Irish culture), huge election boundaries so they could never get any form of power, marches by a bigotted organisation forced through their areas against their will.

Things they were eligible for was discrimination and harrassment from a police force which was like the ss, which also aided and abetted Loyalist death squads in their murder of Nationalists. ( there was some proof provided as recent as three weeks ago to back that up so no need for me to check).

So in the real context of things seeing the wonderful civil rights record that your so called country has shown to its Nationalist population, that if theres one team that Darren Gibson is not eligible to play for is ''YOUR F**CKING SHOWER OF SH1TE''.

I look forward to seeing Darren getting his first senior cap, I think you lot have a nerve to even question and interfere in the selection of one of our own countrymen for our national team.

A particularly virulent mixture of Mopery, Bilious Indignation and Whataboutery which serves only to distract from the need to get back onto the subject of the thread.
(And I thought Dermot Ahern was bad, but I suppose he at least has an Election to fight...)

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 11:14 AM
It shows the North scoring 3 goals against a currently ranked 4th seeded team at WP. I suspect that the goalkeeper in all innocence blessed himself and got distracted by the rumpus behind him.
I think the point of the clip is to demonstrate that the obsession with things Southern goes way beyond EG's sphere. Two of the goals are so Charltonesque that they could be a replica of scenes from our Charlton years.

That's one interpretation. Another would be that it's film of NI twice coming from behind to beat a team ranked in the top 15 in the world, by virtue of a hat-trick from their No.9, in what was arguably the best individual display of finishing seen in an international match anywhere in the world in 2006.

P.S. I'm surprised at your implied scorn for the methods of Jack Charlton; do you prefer the tactical sophistication of Stan, then? ;)

Not Brazil
19/02/2007, 11:24 AM
P.S. I'm surprised at your implied scorn for the methods of Jack Charlton; do you prefer the tactical sophistication of Stan, then? ;)

:D

"The buck ends with me"

:D

OwlsFan
19/02/2007, 12:12 PM
I'm surprised at your implied scorn for the methods of Jack Charlton; do you prefer the tactical sophistication of Stan, then? ;)

:D Never, never, never. Jack C can do no wrong. Won promotion for the Owls. Took Ireland to 2 WCs and a European Championship and had one of our biggest away victories ever in Belfast (as it happens) under him. Whether his tactics were sophisticated or otherwise interest me not. They were effective as our brethern across the border know only too well :p

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 1:17 PM
:D Never, never, never. Jack C can do no wrong. Won promotion for the Owls. Took Ireland to 2 WCs and a European Championship and had one of our biggest away victories ever in Belfast (as it happens) under him. Whether his tactics were sophisticated or otherwise interest me not. They were effective as our brethern across the border know only too well.

Then I shall take Geysir's original comment as a compliment, than you very much. :)

P.S. Did you have to mention that feckin game in Belfast? It took me years to erase it from the oul memory... :o

geysir
19/02/2007, 1:20 PM
That's one interpretation. Another would be that it's film of NI twice coming from behind to beat a team ranked in the top 15 in the world, by virtue of a hat-trick from their No.9, in what was arguably the best individual display of finishing seen in an international match anywhere in the world in 2006.
Healy scored a brilliant hat trick tbs, the second was a cracker the third sublime, the first looked a bit dubious but who cares.
In September Spain look a bit dozy :)
No implied scorn of big Jack intended, more a copying = flattery thing. A high Bonner punt, a Cas flick on and Quinn nets it, all in 3 seconds, was a thing of beauty. It is no coincidence that Charlton was there at the 3 finals with our team. He was a part of it and made some very good decisions. We already had the backbone of a good team and went nowhere.
Stan our gringo from El Paso reckons we will come good in March.

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 1:51 PM
Healy scored a brilliant hat trick tbs, the second was a cracker the third sublime, the first looked a bit dubious but who cares.
In September Spain look a bit dozy :)
No implied scorn of big Jack intended, more a copying = flattery thing. A high Bonner punt, a Cas flick on and Quinn nets it, all in 3 seconds, was a thing of beauty. It is no coincidence that Charlton was there at the 3 finals with our team. He was a part of it and made some very good decisions. We already had the backbone of a good team and went nowhere.
Stan our gringo from El Paso reckons we will come good in March.

Fair play to ye - perhaps people can begin to see why we worship the wee man so much. The third goal was, indeed, sublime, but I have to say he's scored better than that for NI, including against Austria from 35 yards and even better, from the same distance against Denmark, with only a certain Peter Schmeichel in goal!

Mind you, his winner vs Latvia a month after the Spain game was none too shabby, either (or Route 1), in a game he insisted playing, despite suffering a severe bout of flu. Like his hat-trick goal vs Spain, note how no sooner has he hit it than he turns away to celebrate, so confident is he in his touch - for me, the stamp of a genuine finisher:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMZlg4S2FMk

And whilst I'm trawling through Youtube, I might as well bring this up again (the flimsiest of excuses always suffices):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUamyEOzaAU&NR

And, of course, that goal is never complete without a wee bit of bouncy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e45-jt7nqAM

I'll go now. Besides, I can't type any more for the tears which are welling up...:o

youngirish
19/02/2007, 5:06 PM
We all know why you worship him. You worship him because you have no one better. Simple as that. He's pants.

You only have one player of any quality. Steven Davis. Possibly Evans will turn out to be good but at the moment Davis is your only quality player irrespective of what other delusions you have regarding the rest of your squad.

By the way you were mentioning Michael Duff would get into the Republic team instead of the Champions League winning Finnan earlier in this thread . Have a read of this from soccernet.com regarding Burnley's defeat to Wolves at the weekend and in future stick to your medication:

However, seconds later, Wolves widened the gap to two goals when Ward brought the ball forward and rode an unconvincing challenge from Mike Duff before toe-poking the ball low past Coyne.

Duff was left standing by our world class player Stephen Ward. How many squads has he been in again?

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 5:44 PM
We all know why you worship him. You worship him because you have no one better. Simple as that. He's pants.

You only have one player of any quality. Steven Davis. Possibly Evans will turn out to be good but at the moment he's your only decent player.

Aye right, those five Healy goals from the last 18 months (worth nine qualifying points alone, btw) weren't real, just Computer Generated Imagery, I suppose?

And you're right about our other players, as well: nothing to compare with your all-conquering heroes, eh? I mean to say, beating Spain, Finland and Latvia and drawing away to Denmark is one thing, but hardly comparable to the ROI's exploits.

Still, you're nearly right about one thing: we worship Healy because we have no-one better; in fact, we worship him because there is no-one better - on this island, at least!
Or were Texaco taken in by mere goals when they made him their (All-Ireland) Football Sports Personality of the Year for 2006? ;)

Anyhow, the above is all about opinions; you might be advised to get your facts right before you bless us with your opinions. Or have you forgotten posting the following:

"I'm sure you're well aware that him scoring so many goals for NI is irrelevant. The majority of those goals have been against sub standard opposition bar the notable exceptions you have mentioned (mainly due to NI not being able to secure friendlies against decent opposition for a long time due to their lowly ranking)"

"Also EalingGreen when did you beat us when you played us last? Refresh my memory? Because if I remember correctly the last time we played your team competitively in senior internationals we beat you 5-1 over the two legs. Are you that desperate to make a point that you are clinging on to Youth team games?"

Not only has Healy scored more goals in compeitive games versus ranking opposition than e.g. Keane (not to mention Morrison, Stokes, Long or Connolly combined), but in recent years, NI have played friendlies against minnows like Germany, Portugal, Italy and Spain (plus giants like Switzerland and Wales, in preparation for them for their matches against you-know-who).
And you seem to have conveniently overlooked the result the last time our two teams met. Perhaps a wee song will remind you:
"Who put the ball in the Beggars' net?
Super, Danny,
Who put the ball in the Beggars' net?
Super Danny Griffin" ;)

EalingGreen
19/02/2007, 5:51 PM
By the way you were mentioning Michael Duff would get into the Republic team instead of the Champions League winning Finnan earlier in this thread . Have a read of this from soccernet.com regarding Burnley's defeat to Wolves at the weekend and in future stick to your medication:

However, seconds later, Wolves widened the gap to two goals when Ward brought the ball forward and rode an unconvincing challenge from Mike Duff before toe-poking the ball low past Coyne.

Duff was left standing by our world class player Stephen Ward. How many squads has he been in again?

I wasn't comparing Duff with Finnan, who is indeed a fine player. I actually posted that Duff, on the basis of 250 League games, including over 100 in the Championship, makes a better case for playing centre half than McShane, who's still a novice, both at club and international level.
Of course, McShane shows a great deal of potential as a centre half, but if it's potential we're talking about, he doesn't appear to compare with Jonny Evans in that position - that's if Alex Ferguson or, ahem, Roy Keane are any judge of a player.

And remind me what it was soccernet.com had to say about McShane's role in the goal conceded by the ROI versus the mighty San Marino? ;)

as_i_say
19/02/2007, 6:15 PM
Johnny who?

kingdom hoop
19/02/2007, 6:20 PM
Still, you're nearly right about one thing: we worship Healy because we have no-one better; in fact, we worship him because there is no-one better - on this island, at least!

:D :D brilliant. one of the premierships top scorers isnt a patch on a reserve player for one of the worst teams in the championship, who has never even played in the premiership? you're completely wrong.

jmurphyc
19/02/2007, 6:31 PM
Of course, McShane shows a great deal of potential as a centre half, but if it's potential we're talking about, he doesn't appear to compare with Jonny Evans in that position - that's if Alex Ferguson or, ahem, Roy Keane are any judge of a player.

And remind me what it was soccernet.com had to say about McShane's role in the goal conceded by the ROI versus the mighty San Marino? ;)

Actually Ferguson apparently wanted to keep McShane but felt he wasn't ready for the first team, but McShane wanted first team football and didn't want to hang around waiting for a call up to the first team squad, and requested a transfer to get first team football and further his career (showing more ambition that o'shea), whereas jonny evans seemingly hasn't gotten to that stage of his career. also, in terms of criticising mcshane for the goal against SM had henderson not come out then mcshane and dunne would have dealt with the situation easily, but henderson put them under pressure by coming out which led to them being nervous and not dealing with it properly.

republicofwhite
19/02/2007, 6:39 PM
Kingdom Hoop is talking about Doyle (who's from "this island") of course Ealing Green, Just thought I'd let you know, because all your statements smack of ignorance. Statements like that about Healy are completely outlandish. Wait for a steady stream of stats to flow in that perfectly illustrate the truth about this mediocre "superstar" of yours. I never hear you going on about how good he was during that ridiculous goalless streak of the Sammy McIllroy Halcyon days, or why he left United with a whimper, or why he can't get a game at Leeds etc etc. Thought you were maybe making an effort at being humourous with some of your statements, but you lot are devoid of that. Its becoming more and more obvious your relishing our retorts to your nonsensical yarns, must be your form of entertainment. Give up the charade, your flogging a dead horse at this stage, and have beenfor quite a while.

Paddy Garcia
19/02/2007, 7:06 PM
Super, Danny,
Super Danny Griffin" ;)

..would you mind not using that term. I've already informed you that its origins are rooted in the famine. You may have used it initially in ignorance (you claimed so), but obviously you still don't feel disinclined to refrain from pitching the insult here.

I'd suggest politely that even the risk of causing offence (whatever you think of its origins) should be sufficient to engender a little moderation in your appproach. I'm sorry it's not, but its no wonder those 6/7 lads decided not to play for you.

You may be having sport, I'm bored with it all.

ifk101
19/02/2007, 8:33 PM
Aye right, those five Healy goals from the last 18 months (worth nine qualifying points alone, btw) weren't real, just Computer Generated Imagery, I suppose?

And you're right about our other players, as well: nothing to compare with your all-conquering heroes, eh? I mean to say, beating Spain, Finland and Latvia and drawing away to Denmark is one thing, but hardly comparable to the ROI's exploits.

Or were Texaco taken in by mere goals when they made him their (All-Ireland) Football Sports Personality of the Year for 2006? ;)

Anyhow, the above is all about opinions; you might be advised to get your facts right before you bless us with your opinions. Or have you forgotten posting the following:

"I'm sure you're well aware that him scoring so many goals for NI is irrelevant. The majority of those goals have been against sub standard opposition bar the notable exceptions you have mentioned (mainly due to NI not being able to secure friendlies against decent opposition for a long time due to their lowly ranking)"

"Also EalingGreen when did you beat us when you played us last? Refresh my memory? Because if I remember correctly the last time we played your team competitively in senior internationals we beat you 5-1 over the two legs. Are you that desperate to make a point that you are clinging on to Youth team games?"

Not only has Healy scored more goals in compeitive games versus ranking opposition than e.g. Keane (not to mention Morrison, Stokes, Long or Connolly combined), but in recent years, NI have played friendlies against minnows like Germany, Portugal, Italy and Spain (plus giants like Switzerland and Wales, in preparation for them for their matches against you-know-who).
And you seem to have conveniently overlooked the result the last time our two teams met. Perhaps a wee song will remind you:
Super, Danny,
Super Danny Griffin" ;)

Once again drivel .... but as you have proved on countless occasions you are the master of drivel. Healy will be an average striker in league one next year but I'm sure he'll remain a hero for you. Because, as is the case in all supporters of international minnows, you take pleasure in the "small victories" as this is seen as justification for your existence.

lopez
19/02/2007, 10:21 PM
Passport eligibility precedes the GFA by decades.Passport eligibility prior to the GFA was confined to those whose grandparent was born in Ireland prior to 1922 - no insult intended, but maybe you were too young to have applied for a passport prior to 1998 - which would have omitted future generations from their right to hold an Irish passport if their forefathers hadn't held one (those of Unionist descent). To their credit Irish embassies said b*llocks to that rule. An example was given to me by an official in Chapel St, London of an Indian doctor and his wife in 1994 who got his son an Irish passport, despite him being born in the Belfast.

His location has been questioned again and again. The obsession about this irrelevant location issue nearly equals EG's obsession with things Ireland.EG brought up location with livehead. He has other obsessions too. My English birth is obviously understandable as it makes me in his eyes a real Brit rather than a plastic one that he is. (He might not know it in NI, but f*ck me, he'd certainly know it in London) However my rejection of the lottery ticket of life seems to seriously p*ss him off. Aaaaahhhh!!! He also has an obsession with my 'beloved' Spain too. Frankly, who can blame him. She's boootiful. :D

So, to sum up:
1. Scotland is nearer to NI than the Irish Republic;
It's nearer to Windsor Park than the 'Irish Republic' (sic.)

2. You are the authority on FIFA's Regulations, not FIFA;
FIFA regs are there to see. Perhaps not what you were expecting. Dear me, what a shame!

3. SFA/IFA relations from over 30 years ago, and a match which took place nearly 13 years ago, together have more bearing on the respective merits of the NI and ROI teams than matches which have taken place in the last 13 months;
They have more bearing on your obsession with us as your 'nearest (sic.) rivals.' From a purely footballing rivalry they would be first choice. However you and your scummy bigoted brethren are inventing a rivalry that is based more on what Sylvo said in his post than football. Your continual use of 'beggar' merely confirms what a pathetic little bigoted sh*te you are.

4. GB and NI are not both part of the "UK of GB & NI".
It wouldn't be if the gutless British government of 1914 practiced what they preached. The fact it is merely confims that the choice of nationalists re NI and Ireland is one of Britain and Ireland. FIFA agree too. Funny, I don't know the muppet's name in the IFA who thinks he's doing a great job stopping Irish people playing for their own country, but ask yourself this, with all this 'we've got the best players this' and 'the better players that', who would you rather have? Gibson et al or the refugee who had never heard of ourweecountry (sic.) Maik Taylor. Because if you are going down that road, perhaps FIFA might start looking at the anomalies of some of the NI players and their lack of connections and residency of the NI. But then that lack of foresight is why I call you and your mates 'ourweeminds'.

I don't know whether Prozac would do you any good, but you should stay away from the LSD...I remember the same line about drugs from the army groupie. Great one to use when you can't answer a simple question. :rolleyes: How is Marty these days? Tell the w*nker he was pretty prophetic about those US soldiers killing babies. He'll know what I mean by that.

I'll go now. Besides, I can't type any more for the tears which are welling up...I feel exactly the same reading your cr*p.

lopez
19/02/2007, 10:27 PM

Didn't check out the pub team clip, couldn't download it, whats it about does it show you lot in action.Post of the month for me. :D

lopez
19/02/2007, 10:29 PM
...You may be having sport, I'm bored with it all.If I get a ban because of this ****, I'm going over to ourweeminds and I'll show you 'sport.' :mad:

sylvo
19/02/2007, 11:53 PM
A particularly virulent mixture of Mopery, Bilious Indignation and Whataboutery which serves only to distract from the need to get back onto the subject of the thread.
(And I thought Dermot Ahern was bad, but I suppose he at least has an Election to fight...)

:D . Sweeet.

Have you got on u-tube any clips of the three goals scored by Ronnie, Rayo and Cas in 89, Stan's corner in 93, Roy Keane and Alan Mac dancing around the pitch at Windsor park on hearing the news we were off to America, as well as the four goals put passed you in 94 ( I belive the last one of the four was scored to a near empty ground):D .

Maybe you could show us some clips from u-tube of people being batoned of the streets by the RUC, or clips of them being hemmed into their homes by rows of land rovers, show us some clips of little girls being pelted with everything from pipe bombs to urine while on their way to school as the forces of law and order just let it happen, and then you can see why some people don't feel like playing for or supporting your vile little football team.:D

Not Brazil
20/02/2007, 8:40 AM
If I get a ban because of this ****, I'm going over to ourweeminds and I'll show you 'sport.' :mad:

I believe you already are registered on OWC?

Instead of running back here with tales of the unexpected, I'm surprised that a man of your intellect does not put his case on the OWC Board.:confused:

I'm quite sure some of the natives would be only too happy to indulge you in some "sport".

The personal abuse that you frequently dish out to EG, tells me that the match wouldn't last too long tho.

Dishing out personal abuse does you, or your arguements, no benefit whatsoever and portrays you as a very angry man.

youngirish
20/02/2007, 9:23 AM

If we're just talking about potential then Stokes, Gibson (United's young player of the year last year ahead of ur mate Evans though you'll probably choose to ignore that), J O'Brien, Garvan, Long, Supple, Mc Geady, Chris McCann, O'Dea, Ireland, Keogh, Clarke, Best, Ward, O'Donovan, S Quinn (I could go on for ever) are all better or at least equally as good prospects as Evans. Then again I suppose you also have Kyle Lafferty (a player who Chris McCann is younger than and rated more highly than at Burnley that gets into the North's first team - McCann as we all know is a regular for the Republic). And if you want to argue whether McCann is rated more highly than Lafferty at Burnley then just have a look at who won their young player of the year last year along with 4 other accolades from the supporters and the club. Here's a clue it wasn't Lafferty, I don't think he got a single one.

You're so biased you no longer inhabit reality as far as football is concerned. Sweden the end of March will give you a reality check if Liechenstein don't manage to do it beforehand. I have nothing against the North personally. I just believe their players are for the most part sh*te and they have been punching well above their weight for the last 3 games. Obviously the 3-0 home loss against Iceland the game before has been long since forgotten by you. Healy was brilliant in that game.

EalingGreen
20/02/2007, 9:38 AM
Actually Ferguson apparently wanted to keep McShane but felt he wasn't ready for the first team, but McShane wanted first team football and didn't want to hang around waiting for a call up to the first team squad, and requested a transfer to get first team football and further his career (showing more ambition that o'shea), whereas jonny evans seemingly hasn't gotten to that stage of his career.

I'd have thought that if Ferguson really wanted to keep McShane, he'd have found a way. Look, for example, at the way he has loaned Ben Foster to Watford for two full seasons, even signing that keeper from WBA whose name I can't remember (K-something) or spell, as cover for VDS.
Similarly, with Evans himself, Ferguson first sent him on loan to Antwerp, then to Sunderland, where Keane has pitched him straight in.
Remember, Evans is a year younger than McShane.

lopez
20/02/2007, 9:50 AM
I believe you already are registered on OWC?
I'm not registered on ourweeminds and never have been. Up until a year or two ago, I was a regular 'viewer'.

Instead of running back here with tales of the unexpected, I'm surprised that a man of your intellect does not put his case on the OWC Board.
It's pointless talking to many of the muppets on there, when the main man's, visit here just showed what a pointless exercise it would be. When asked why he put up military insignia on his website - something EG was previously crowing about Irish fans, but incidently did nothing - unlike Gather Round - to challenge with the army groupie - or that the website allowed an article that claimed Irish fans in Japan were thieving travellers, his reply was 'if it p*sses people like you off, that's a bonus.'

Generally NI and IL fans that come on here, want to discuss without insulting and picking on people. I don't agree with everything they say, but at least I can't accuse them of winding people up. EG is different. A self styled cyber bruiser that's making relations between NI and ROI fans worse. If that's what you like, then fine. You have plenty to say about me here, but are quiet on the EG front. Are words like 'beggar' are perfectly acceptable, even though you yourself know that there is more than a distant link with words you wouldn't use like Taig and Fenian?

I'm quite sure some of the natives would be only too happy to indulge you in some "sport"..
I'm sure they would.

The personal abuse that you frequently dish out to EG, tells me that the match wouldn't last too long tho..
You're right. Unlike this forum which allows bigots to use terms such as 'beggars' with aplomb, the Army Groupie wouldn't allow me to stay on too long without a ban. To be honest, unlike EG, I haven't the time to go on other fans' website, let alone - in footballing terms at least - one I have no interest in. And yet, however brief it would be, I'm sure I'd ruin a few people's day. :D

Dishing out personal abuse does you, or your arguements, no benefit whatsoever and portrays you as a very angry man.
Well thanks for that Doc. :rolleyes:

EalingGreen
20/02/2007, 9:53 AM
:D :D brilliant. one of the premierships top scorers isnt a patch on a reserve player for one of the worst teams in the championship, who has never even played in the premiership? you're completely wrong.

If I were a club manager looking for a striker, I'm sure I'd sign e.g. Keane or Doyle ahead of Healy.
But that's not what's at issue here. We're talking about international football, where Healy's record, over more than 50 caps gained over several years, in a mostly mediocre team (at best), often against the highest opposition, is simply outstanding.
Now I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, but the Statistics back it up, the video record backs it up and impartial and qualified judges (e.g. on the Texaco Panel) back it up.
What does it take to convince some of you guys? It's like that sketch in the "Life of Brian": What did Healy (the Romans) ever do for us?
Apart from scoring goals whenever's he's played. And carrying the team half the time. And always turning out, even when not fully fit, for meaningless games, when there was nothing at stake. And never giving less than 100% effort. And smashing our all-time scoring record out of sight. And playing 35 consecutive games before an appalling sending off deprived him of the chance of setting a record for that. And remaining modest and a genuine team-man throughout. And always acknowledging his fans/family etc. And maintaining an excellent disciplinary record, despite getting kicked up and down by huge great defenders every game. And refusing to get involved in any way when some petty local councillor tried to make a political issue about some playing fields to be named after him in his home town.
Apart from that, what has he ever done for us? :rolleyes:

EalingGreen
20/02/2007, 10:03 AM
Kingdom Hoop is talking about Doyle (who's from "this island") of course Ealing Green, Just thought I'd let you know, because all your statements smack of ignorance. Statements like that about Healy are completely outlandish. Wait for a steady stream of stats to flow in that perfectly illustrate the truth about this mediocre "superstar" of yours. I never hear you going on about how good he was during that ridiculous goalless streak of the Sammy McIllroy Halcyon days, or why he left United with a whimper, or why he can't get a game at Leeds etc etc.

Doyle certainly look a good player, who's come a long way in a short time. But he's yet to do anything in international football.
As for Healy, he never hid, complained or gave less than 100% during the long, dark scoreless days when McIlroy packed the defence and midfield and played Healy virtually on his own up front, with no service, in a terrible team.
That, to me, is to Healy's credit (and is in marked contrast to what some ROI fans are saying about the attitude of the likes of Keane, Carr or O'Shea)
He left MU for the same reasons as e.g. McShane: as a youngster, he couldn't get a place ahead of established stars. And he can't get a game at Leeds because he's got a broken elbow.

Not Brazil
20/02/2007, 10:07 AM
Are words like 'beggar' are perfectly acceptable, even though you yourself know that there is more than a distant link with words you wouldn't use like Taig and Fenian?

Absolute rubbish.

I have detailed elsewhere my understanding of the origins of the term "beggar", as used by some Northern Ireland fans in relation to ROI players.

In no way would I link it with words like "taig" or "fenian".

That YOU choose to, displays a paranoia that you are all to quick to identify in others.

Your petty personal gripes with individuals really does belittle your arguements.

Just merely an observation.

PS: There must be a "lopez" impersonator registered on OWC then.:eek:

lopez
20/02/2007, 10:25 AM
Absolute rubbish.I have detailed elsewhere my understanding of the origins of the term "beggar", as used by some Northern Ireland fans in relation to ROI players.:
And there was me expecting something better from you. Just shows. :rolleyes: Thanks for that. Your in the same category as EG: A bigot.

BTW, where are your understanding of the origins of the word 'Taig' and 'Fenian'. I mean Taig is the English writing of Teague. Pretty mundane I'd have thought. Fenian, also pretty mundane in origins. As has been pointed out to you and the other bigot, not only by myself but another poster too, the word 'beggar' has far more deeper meaning than either of the above regarding modern Irish history. But then again this is more causing offence 'being a bonus.'

PS: There must be a "lopez" impersonator registered on OWC then.I wouldn't be an impersonator. I'd go on as myself. And as you said, I'd make sure my stay was short and sharp and caused as much damage as possible. The fact that someone else feels the need to 'have a go' doesn't surprise me in the least judging by some... sorry, most of the posters on such drivel as the 'Darkside' thread.

EalingGreen
20/02/2007, 10:29 AM
..would you mind not using that term. I've already informed you that its origins are rooted in the famine. You may have used it initially in ignorance (you claimed so), but obviously you still don't feel disinclined to refrain from pitching the insult here.

If I thought that the term had any reference to the Famine, there is no way I would continue to use that term. After all, the famine devastated not only large parts of what is now the Irish Republic, but actually cut a terrible swathe through the whole of the island, affecting every creed in every county, including my own.

But you have not "informed" me of anything, since your information [sic] is bumkum. Then again, you're not alone in falling for myths which suit your own particular agenda. Lopez for example, assures me that the term actually originated with Rangers supporters taunting their rivals about the origins of Celtic (Bro.Walfrid, charity, helping the poor etc). Perhaps you might get together and get your story straight?

By far the most persuasive explanation I have heard is that it derives from the Jack Charlton era, when the FAI was "begging" players the length and breadth of the British Isles to remember their dear old Kerry Grandmammy's dying wish and play for Oireland, in preference to the Saxon invader etc etc etc.
The fact that the first use of the term dates from that period (15-20 years ago), whereas the Famine was 150 years ago, and the ROI is over 80 years old, rather backs this up.

In the meantime, we shall add your version to the "Great Book of Myths which Idiots insist on Believing about the NI football team".
This long and growing Volume already includes such gems as:
"The Bouncy" is a taunting reference to the shocking murder of Robert Hammill, even though its first use predates his death by a couple of decades;
The IFA flies the Union Flag over Windsor specifically to remind Nationalists of their place (it doesn't);
Windsor Park was named after the British Royal Family, even though it was built in 1905, over a decade before the Battenburgs (or was it Saxe-Coburg-Gothas?) changed their name;
Billy Bingham personally used to lead the team in singing sectarian songs (pretty unusual behaviour for a man who made Martin O'Neill his captain and had a Falls Road Catholic as Best Man at his wedding)
The IFA tried to force players to carry a UK Passport (when they, in fact, lobbied FIFA successfully to obtain an exemption from the Rules so that they don't have to carry one)

Anyhow, it was "Super Danny Griffin" who scored that day in Dublin, so there! :)

EalingGreen
20/02/2007, 10:35 AM
Healy will be an average striker in league one next year but I'm sure he'll remain a hero for you

You may be right about Leeds getting relegated. You may be right that Healy will stay with them if they are (though personally I doubt it). You may even be right that he will be "average" in that division (though I can't really see that myself).
But you're 100% correct that he'll still be a hero of mine.
You see, that's because I support NI, not Leeds United, thank goodness*.

(* - On both counts ;) )

Not Brazil
20/02/2007, 10:42 AM
And there was me expecting something better from you. Just shows. :rolleyes: Thanks for that. Your in the same category as EG: A bigot.

BTW, where are your understanding of the origins of the word 'Taig' and 'Fenian'. I mean Taig is the English writing of Teague. Pretty mundane I'd have thought. Fenian, also pretty mundane in origins. As has been pointed out to you and the other bigot, not only by myself but another poster too, the word 'beggar' has far more deeper meaning than either of the above regarding modern Irish history. But then again this is more causing offence 'being a bonus.'

Well lopez, if you say I'm a bigot, then I must be a bigot eh?:rolleyes:

I do not know, nor do I care, what the origins of the terms "taig" and "fenian" are - they are not words that I use.

The term "beggar" has "deeper meaning", only because you perceive it to have.

I have told you, honestly and frankly, my understanding of how it came to be used in a footballing context.

I care not about your religious beliefs - I am one of the lucky ones who couldn't hold a discussion about the slight differences in teaching by very similar strands of exactly the same religion. I don't understand them, and I don't want to know about them.

Perhaps you use the term "bigot" in a different sense?

lopez
20/02/2007, 10:47 AM
...In the meantime, we shall add your version to the "Great Book of Myths which Idiots insist on Believing about the NI football team"...Along with:

NI is a country.
NI are higher in the FIFA rankings than Ireland.
NI has better players.
Nationalists in the O6C can only play for NI.
Nationalists in the O6C must only play for NI.
Nationalists would support us if we weren't so sh*t.
Nationalists are now supporting us because we aren't as sh*t as we were.
Nationalists want to play for us.
Ireland is our nearest rival.
The FAI are poaching our players.
The FAI are using bungs to entice our players.
Sinn Fein councillors and community workers are putting pressure on Nationalists not to play for NI.
The FAI are bigots because they aren't poaching Protestant/Unionist players.
NI have never played anyone that hasn't at least one grandparent from the O6C.
The IFA has never 'begged' anyone to play for them in the same way we accuse the FAI of doing.
NI players can cross international borders without passports.
We've always loved Lawrie Sanchez.

EalingGreen
20/02/2007, 10:50 AM
Passport eligibility prior to the GFA was confined to those whose grandparent was born in Ireland prior to 1922 - no insult intended, but maybe you were too young to have applied for a passport prior to 1998 - which would have omitted future generations from their right to hold an Irish passport if their forefathers hadn't held one (those of Unionist descent). To their credit Irish embassies said b*llocks to that rule. An example was given to me by an official in Chapel St, London of an Indian doctor and his wife in 1994 who got his son an Irish passport, despite him being born in the Belfast.

All very well and this explains why, for instance, Spike Milligan got an Irish Passport, rather than a British one. But I'm fcuked if I can see what relevance this has to FIFA, and their Rules on eligibility for international football.

EG brought up location with livehead. He has other obsessions too. My English birth is obviously understandable as it makes me in his eyes a real Brit rather than a plastic one that he is. (He might not know it in NI, but f*ck me, he'd certainly know it in London) However my rejection of the lottery ticket of life seems to seriously p*ss him off. Aaaaahhhh!!! He also has an obsession with my 'beloved' Spain too. Frankly, who can blame him. She's boootiful. :D

As for our respective origins, I continue to bring it up since it amuses me to be told by you on this very site that I, as someone born and reared in Ireland, am less of an Irishman than you, born and reared in England. As for your rejection of your joint British heritage, it doesn't p*ss me off in the slightest - the UK can manage quite alright without your contribution (so long as you continue to pay your taxes to the Crown). And Spain is, indeed, a wonderful country - but I already know that from regular visits down the years.

It's nearer to Windsor Park than the 'Irish Republic' (sic.)

Calais is closer to Wembley than e.g to Paris, but that doesn't make the UK a "closer" neighbour of France than Spain, Belgium, Switzerland or Germany. (Well, unless you live in the geographically-challenged world of Lopez, that is)

They have more bearing on your obsession with us as your 'nearest (sic.) rivals.' From a purely footballing rivalry they would be first choice. However you and your scummy bigoted brethren are inventing a rivalry that is based more on what Sylvo said in his post than football. Your continual use of 'beggar' merely confirms what a pathetic little bigoted sh*te you are.

I have addressed my (infrequent) use of the term "Beggar" elsewhere.

It wouldn't be if the gutless British government of 1914 practiced what they preached. The fact it is merely confims that the choice of nationalists re NI and Ireland is one of Britain and Ireland. FIFA agree too. Funny, I don't know the muppet's name in the IFA who thinks he's doing a great job stopping Irish people playing for their own country, but ask yourself this, with all this 'we've got the best players this' and 'the better players that', who would you rather have? Gibson et al or the refugee who had never heard of ourweecountry (sic.) Maik Taylor. Because if you are going down that road, perhaps FIFA might start looking at the anomalies of some of the NI players and their lack of connections and residency of the NI. But then that lack of foresight is why I call you and your mates 'ourweeminds'.

I really have no idea what that last little mini-rant is meant to prove. FIFA explicitly recognises the right of the four "Home" countries to continue to field their own teams in international competition. Not only that, but they have made specific provision for players like Taylor (or Channel Islander Le Tissier, for instance) who hold a British Passport entirely properly, but have no direct connection with one of those Associations.
Why don't you write to FIFA, if you think Taylor is breaking the eligibility rules, rather than banging on about it here?