PDA

View Full Version : Next Manager?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

The Stars
02/11/2006, 10:17 PM
Would love to see Pat Scully get it,if Shams dont get up you never know.

Fivesilver
02/11/2006, 10:24 PM
Good title for a new thread.
Time to draw a line under the Connor era and look to the future. The past is the past.
I'd be hopeful of another young, ambitious manager (but with a bit more professionalism and integrity - oops, there goes the past again).

Midgit
02/11/2006, 10:24 PM
Conor has really left us B#loxd now!!!!
Why couldnt he just have waited to the end of the season?
GERRY CARR?

Red&White Rover
02/11/2006, 10:28 PM
TBH im gonna say it could be between 3 pepole for it:

Gerry Carr:)
Gavin Dykes:(
Terry Phelan:eek:

oh and Bryan Tosh!

DmanDmythDledge
02/11/2006, 10:29 PM
Fat Dolan?

The Stars
02/11/2006, 10:33 PM
if Gavin Dykes name is even mentioned during the talks the board have to decide a new manager i think i will jump off a bridge.
He cant win a game with Summerhill never mind Sligo Rovers.
Gerry Carr?Great assistant but does he have what it takes to go it solo.
I would love to see Gerry back with us but as an assistant.

soccerc
02/11/2006, 10:38 PM
make do with Leo Tierney til seasons end I expect!

The Stars
02/11/2006, 10:41 PM
Only Rovers manager never to lose a game....not a bad shout.

Midgit
02/11/2006, 10:41 PM
Lets have Gerry Carr!!!

sligoman
02/11/2006, 10:43 PM
Pat Dolan? Please god no.

Pat Scully? Definitely wouldn't mind tbh.

Gerry Carr? Yeah, if the board back him like they did Sean then, give him a go.

Gareth Gorman? Despite been god, no. He can stay as an assistant though.

Terry Phelan? He expressed an interest before...I wouldn't mind but can't see it happen tbh.

Gavin Dykes? I will no longer support the club if he's appointed.

DonalE
02/11/2006, 10:44 PM
Better not be Dykes is right lads. Scully is a good shout. Said it before and i'll say it again; Gareth Gormans red and white army!

Red&White Rover
02/11/2006, 10:45 PM
I agree about Dykes...would not be pleased at all if he got it...

Midgit
02/11/2006, 10:49 PM
I agree about Dykes...would not be pleased at all if he got it...

Aren't you the person who mentioned him for the job?:rolleyes:

Red&White Rover
02/11/2006, 10:52 PM
Aren't you the person who mentioned him for the job?:rolleyes:

yes i did say he was one of the three who i thought would be in the running for it...still dosent mean i want him though:rolleyes:

Think before you post.:o

soccerc
02/11/2006, 10:53 PM
make do with Leo Tierney til seasons end I expect!

Your next manager is Leo Tierney albeit in a caretaker capacity.

Top of the list for full time the job I suggest is John Gill ;)

sligoman
02/11/2006, 11:03 PM
Your next manager is Leo Tierney albeit in a caretaker capacity.Tierney is only our goalkeeping coach. Gareth Gorman will be our next manager in a caretaker capacity as he's the assistant manager.

soccerc
02/11/2006, 11:04 PM
Tierney is only our goalkeeping coach. Gareth Gorman will be our next manager in a caretaker capacity as he's the assistant manager.

Assistants don't always get the top job, it's Leo as caretaker boss.

sligoman
02/11/2006, 11:05 PM
Assistants don't always get the top job, it's Leo as caretaker boss.and you know how exactly? Are you Leo?:eek:

Magicme
02/11/2006, 11:09 PM
I would expect John Gill to be putting his hat into the ring and also maybe Dermot Kiely.

soccerc
02/11/2006, 11:13 PM
and you know how exactly?

I have a nose for this sort of thing

Are you Leo?:eek:

Eh no, and that's as obvious as the nose on my face:D

Magicme
02/11/2006, 11:16 PM
John Gill touts himself for every job.

sligoman
02/11/2006, 11:17 PM
John Gill touts himself for every job.A bit like Sean Connor so:D

Magicme
02/11/2006, 11:26 PM
So u lot will love him then!

The Stars
02/11/2006, 11:34 PM
Tony Cousins?has done a good job with Galway...but so did O'Riordon so maybe not.

sligoman
02/11/2006, 11:35 PM
Tony Cousins?has done a good job with Galway...but so did O'Riordon so maybe not.Even Derek O'Brien and David O'Dowd have done good jobs at Galway...doesn't mean they're good:p.

Shedzer
02/11/2006, 11:48 PM
Pat Dolan- No, not a good overall manager!

Pat Scully- My tip for the job, never shuts up bout us on ELW, loves us enfact...hope Shams **** up and hes with us then!

Gerry Carr- Nah, what experience has he? 1-2 yrs as an assistant? Its Europe we want remember...?

Gareth Gorman- Id prefer if he didnt get it...Id pick Carr over him

Terry Phelan- Good ol Phelan Terry I dont know what hed bring to the club...Maybe..
Gavin Dykes- Id rather take it up the arse from a bull...

Sligo Hornet
03/11/2006, 7:09 AM
What a shame Martin O Neil took the Aston Villa job..........I'm sure he'll be gutted now he's missed out on the "top prize"!:D

gustavo
03/11/2006, 7:49 AM
What a shame Martin O Neil took the Aston Villa job..........I'm sure he'll be gutted now he's missed out on the "top prize"!:D

Oh the hilarity :rolleyes:

SRFC Head
03/11/2006, 8:06 AM
If Gavin Dykes gets the job we better get used to Mons and Cobh...

Rory H
03/11/2006, 8:13 AM
richard sutherland is a contender too

gustavo
03/11/2006, 8:13 AM
Judging by your post you think they are all jokes , they all werent successful as Rovers boss or in Dykes case Harps and Derry , Sean was successful and still he warrants your critizism. You are very hard to please!

Red&White Rover
03/11/2006, 8:54 AM
richard sutherland is a contender too

was thinking that myself...AFAIK he has all the necessary badges etc.

SRFC Head
03/11/2006, 8:59 AM
There is far too much, don't the the door hit you on the way out mentality, Sean has done a great job with Rovers and we would be hard pressed to have a manager come in an do as well.

Although If Stephen Kenny fancies the dugout with the best view in the league I'd be happy.

Da Real Rover
03/11/2006, 9:24 AM
what about mickey feeney??? at least deserves a return to the club in some capacity, would be a decent part time appointment until they appoint the next manager.

gavin dykes, dermot kiely or felix healy??? i would rather insert shards of broken glass up my arsehole.

gerry carr maybe??

pat dolan or pat scully would both be good appointments, but would we be able to meet dolans wage demands???

and eh who is sutherland??? are we going for jack bauer??

Redie
03/11/2006, 10:05 AM
Alan Matthews is worth considering. Would be surprised if he is with Longford next year

De Town
03/11/2006, 10:39 AM
Alan Matthews is worth considering. Would be surprised if he is with Longford next year

I'd be surprised if he wasn't with us next year....

Red4Eva
03/11/2006, 11:08 AM
scully's the only one mentioned so far that i would want but chances are it's not gonna be some we've ever heard of b4. i'd say leo will take over till end of season. would be class if they got o'riordan back as caretaker till end of season, bring 6 eggs to every match.

LukeO
03/11/2006, 11:20 AM
Do you honestly believe Sligo are a bigger club than Shamrock Rovers? :rolleyes:

Pat Scully won't leave Rovers for Sligo.

Red4Eva
03/11/2006, 11:25 AM
Do you honestly believe Sligo are a bigger club than Shamrock Rovers?

nope and they're a bigger club than bohs as well. i doubt any1 actually believes there's any chance of scully even thinkin about takin the job

akearins
03/11/2006, 11:29 AM
Pat Dolan - Perferct for us and cannot believ some forum members dont arte him
Alan Mathews - Not a great season with Longford but has a good track record before this year in League and Cups

Red4Eva
03/11/2006, 11:35 AM
Pat Dolan - Perferct for us and cannot believ some forum members dont arte him
Alan Mathews - Not a great season with Longford but has a good track record before this year in League and Cups

i'd like fat pat as well, he'd get the passion goin anyway but every clubs he's been at always say he's overspent&then left them in sh*t but that should be the MC's responsibility. matthews!!!! no f*ckin way. the showgrounds would be empty by may if we had to watch longballford's style of "football"

lofty9
03/11/2006, 11:36 AM
I hear the moustachioed one wants the job;). As a DC fan I cannot speak his name. Although his teams do play good football. He has a habit of falling out with people and speaking his mind and having played for one of his reserve teams - he has an aura about him that very few people have. Still a ****** though.

Red4Eva
03/11/2006, 11:38 AM
what's the cat's last job? harps??

Ash
03/11/2006, 11:49 AM
As Soccercentral and MagicMe say, its only a matter of time before
Giller brings out a story to say he hasn't been approached about the
job, while in the same paragraph also touting himself for it.

Seeing as Dundalk propably wont be going up, even if they win the
league, (just a hunch!), I can see him jumping ship to the Premier.

Da Real Rover
03/11/2006, 12:07 PM
I hear the moustachioed one wants the job;). As a DC fan I cannot speak his name. Although his teams do play good football. He has a habit of falling out with people and speaking his mind and having played for one of his reserve teams - he has an aura about him that very few people have. Still a ****** though.

noooooooo, please not the cat, we are proper fukd now.

Shedzer
03/11/2006, 12:18 PM
Scully never stops talking abput us on ELW, i think he wants to be appriciated, he surely would be here......

Royal rover
03/11/2006, 12:23 PM
Betting-
So Far

Gareth Gorman 5/2

Terry Phelan 3/1 has a job somewhere, america possibily

Alan Mathews 7/2-good solid manager

Dermot Kiely 4/1 to old and Dublin based they will want someone who will move to sligo

Roddy Collins 6/1 In Fairness if Tesco's offered him a job managing the trollies in the car park he would probably take it, and then tell the world how good he was,

Outsiders- Pat Dolan , wages would be a major thing but he would be my preffered choice, has great enthusiam for the league as a whole,
Gareth Farrelly- another one i wouldn't mind seeing, outside all the bull**** at bohs he does know his stuff and deserves another chance,

Basically we don't want or need someone who will be Dublin based as our next manager, i would adopt the same approach as before , finding someone who is young,hungry, i think the fact rovers will not be able to pay huge wages will keep the likes of Dolan out of the running, and as for Dykes- he would manage a good s****e

Shedzer
03/11/2006, 12:29 PM
^oh ****

Midgit
03/11/2006, 1:04 PM
Betting-
So Far

Gareth Gorman 5/2

Terry Phelan 3/1 has a job somewhere, america possibily

Alan Mathews 7/2-good solid manager

Dermot Kiely 4/1 to old and Dublin based they will want someone who will move to sligo

Roddy Collins 6/1 In Fairness if Tesco's offered him a job managing the trollies in the car park he would probably take it, and then tell the world how good he was,

Outsiders- Pat Dolan , wages would be a major thing but he would be my preffered choice, has great enthusiam for the league as a whole,
Gareth Farrelly- another one i wouldn't mind seeing, outside all the bull**** at bohs he does know his stuff and deserves another chance,

Basically we don't want or need someone who will be Dublin based as our next manager, i would adopt the same approach as before , finding someone who is young,hungry, i think the fact rovers will not be able to pay huge wages will keep the likes of Dolan out of the running, and as for Dykes- he would manage a good s****e

Where did you get these odds?
As far as i know Connor is still in charge despite all speculation!

Only1Rovers
03/11/2006, 1:13 PM
Phelan is in new Zealand player/coach with Otago Utd. They have won 3 of their last 10 games although there only 5 games into thier new season
I don't care Seanie must go, Phelan in, Phelan in, :D :D :D