PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163

Poor Student
08/10/2006, 4:31 PM
Just starting a thread here so fans of various clubs can inform us of updates on where their clubs stand at the moment as regards to stadium plans. What's the story with Cork and the Shed, Rovers and Tallaght, Athlone's move, Drogs and Finn Harp's proposed stadiums?

As far as I know Wednesday is d-day for UCD as the objection to the planning application to upgrade the Belfield Bowl will be dealt with. Plan is to extend the current stand which has about 600 seats into a 1,500 seater. It'll be a step up from Belfield Pk. as the stand will be concrete based.

iceman
08/10/2006, 4:43 PM
Drogs having problems securing a site. The second site on the southside of the town has apparently fallen through and now they are looking at a third site just off the Dublin Road. Obviously cant lodge a planning application without a site so further delays on the cards. Earliest completion date now 2008 season.

GalwayFrancis
08/10/2006, 5:09 PM
as far as i know - the new stand in terryland is to start construction soon, and once the foundations have been laid it should only take 18weeks until completion, so well have it ready for the new season in the "premiership"

pete
08/10/2006, 5:23 PM
Work on the new shed continues at Turners Cross. I believe unlikely to be fully finished by Feb 2007 but may be able to open the seats & continue to work on the dressing rooms & other facilties.

Apparently plans to start with roofing the St Annes end when the Shed finished so maybe before this time next year will have 7,500 all covered & seated stadium & best in the eL.

:cool:

chippie0001
08/10/2006, 5:27 PM
Bohs deal well on the road. Hopefully all legal agreements will be signed before the year end and already one large six figure sum has been received by Bohs. Will be at least 3 years before we are in Harristown.

GalwayFrancis
08/10/2006, 5:32 PM
Work on the new shed continues at Turners Cross. I believe unlikely to be fully finished by Feb 2007 but may be able to open the seats & continue to work on the dressing rooms & other facilties.

Apparently plans to start with roofing the St Annes end when the Shed finished so maybe before this time next year will have 7,500 all covered & seated stadium & best in the eL.

:cool:

great to hear... whats the story with the small stand that runs the length of the pitch, is it backed by houses or something, would be great if ye could expand it
ya, i agree turners will be the best ground in the league when its all covered n seated. with terryland as the best compact ground in the league once the new stand is completed - with a capacity of just over 3500 seated and 1000 standing

atfconline
08/10/2006, 5:39 PM
Athlone Town's New Stadium, here (http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/newstadium/stadium-031006.png). We'll be in it next season.

oriel
08/10/2006, 5:43 PM
Good thread !

The former shed in oriel was replaced with new terracing the lenght of the pitch (and twice as close as the old shed to the pitch) when the new surface was installed. This was built to accommodate bucket style seats, maybe 2,000, next phase will see it roofed, i think the plan is for it to look like bray's open stand, railyway side. This will then give the ground around 4,000 seats as the front terrace of the stand will also convert to bucket seats.

Also new dressing rooms/car parking is being built behind the carrick rd goal (for pitch rentals) and also on the town side of the stand (to replace current dressing rooms under stand, this area will then increase current clubhouse/bar)

No completition date, but i`d say 2008, our new owner is a builder, he has enough on his plate at the moment !

On a separate note, the increased pitch bookings and bar activities have greatly helped finances this year.

Poor Student
08/10/2006, 5:51 PM
Athlone Town's New Stadium, here (http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/newstadium/stadium-031006.png). We'll be in it next season.

What's the estimated date of the next stand? Do they intend to continue work immediately?

Also, to the best of my knowledge the Belfield Bowl will have a very healthy amount of toilets and room for a fast food outlet. The stadium is right beside some of the most advance dressing room facilities in the country and the ground has a scoreboard.:cool:

Aaron
08/10/2006, 6:24 PM
Waitin on the effin council!! We've been waitin years now and still are. Plans have been made, just need the council to either hand it over or lease it long-term. Cud be another year yet before they hand it or lease it to us

manic da hoop
08/10/2006, 7:03 PM
Good thread !

The former shed in oriel was replaced with new terracing the lenght of the pitch (and twice as close as the old shed to the pitch) when the new surface was installed. This was built to accommodate bucket style seats, maybe 2,000, next phase will see it roofed, i think the plan is for it to look like bray's open stand, railyway side. This will then give the ground around 4,000 seats as the front terrace of the stand will also convert to bucket seats.

Also new dressing rooms/car parking is being built behind the carrick rd goal (for pitch rentals) and also on the town side of the stand (to replace current dressing rooms under stand, this area will then increase current clubhouse/bar)

No completition date, but i`d say 2008, our new owner is a builder, he has enough on his plate at the moment !

On a separate note, the increased pitch bookings and bar activities have greatly helped finances this year.

Did you get planning permission for all this?

Philly
08/10/2006, 7:15 PM
County/NTFC have planning permission for a new 1200 seater covered stand, with new dressing rooms and a tunnel thingy to bring ambulances through.

Now they just need the money... :o

SPXcyan
08/10/2006, 7:24 PM
Our new 1650 stand should be commencing once the season has finished!! this will make the RSC alot nicer to look at!!

Mr A
08/10/2006, 7:24 PM
Harps stadium is at the stage of assessing the tenders that have been received, and an annoucement is expected soon on who the winner is. Then it's time to seek approval from the department of sport and tourism and the FAI to secure grant aid (which shouldn't be a problem I don't think) and then building should start. There's no set timescales, but the nature of the deal (the developer doesn't get their hands on FP until the new ground is complete) means that it is in the interest of the developer to complete the stadium as quickly as possible.

Paddyfield
08/10/2006, 8:12 PM

It looks brilliant. Where is it in Athlone? I believe it close to the new B&Q

Peadar
08/10/2006, 8:17 PM

Jaysus, Athlone will have a cracking little ground.
What facilities are you going to have there?

Battery Rover
08/10/2006, 8:17 PM
What's the estimated date of the next stand? Do they intend to continue work immediately?

I would say that when this phase is completely finished there will be some kind of announcement.

oriel
08/10/2006, 8:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriel
Good thread !

Did you get planning permission for all this?

I think so, not sure though, as i said our new owner is a builder/property developer so he knows what he`s doing, and before anyone dives in, dlk dont own oriel, its a 200 year free lease job, stipulations that it can only be used for football

Rebal Boy
08/10/2006, 8:26 PM

Looks good. Best of luck to all involved.Hopefully it will attact a few extra fans to support Athlone up in that area.

Battery Rover
08/10/2006, 8:31 PM

The full site is 10 acres.

There will be be male and female referees dressing rooms, home and away dressing room.

Toilets at both ends of the ground, male, female and disalbed.
Club room, full bar facilities that will be open on match nights and possibly leased out for the remainder of the week to an outside interest.

Press and post match interview room to hold 25+ journalists as far as I know.

Physio Room

Managers office.

FAI room I believe.

Club members room.

Club shop.

There are all located under the stand.

In the stand there is a dedicated press area.

there is a new turnstyle plaza at the entrance to the ground as well

Car parking for 2000 cars as well I think.

To the side of that stand there is a full sized training pitch. Both pitches have floodlighting to UEFA standard.

All work done is to UEFA standard and the club will receive a premier licence next season easily. Pity we will have to use it in the First Division.

There might be more that I have left out but I will try and locate the paper that has an interview with Tom Burke, the Stadium Project manager in it and check it against what I have here

The Stars
08/10/2006, 8:35 PM
Think the next thing on the agenda for The Showgrounds is the demolition and re-buliding of the Shed end.
This will hopefully be started sometime during next season.
It is planned to include a clubhouse/hospitality area,gym for the players,treatment room,and board room.
Still have to get the new turnstiles finished along with the wall,but when its finished it should look nice.

Billy Lord
08/10/2006, 10:07 PM
Tallaght in dry dock for Shamrock Rovers until High Court judge decides on the appeal for a judicial review by GAA. Result due mid-December.
If it goes our way, it will take nine months for first phase to reach completion (3,400 seats, standing for around 2,000, plus various facilities). Other stands to follow until stadium reaches all-covered, 10,000-seater capacity as per PP in about two years from recommencement date.

ifk101
09/10/2006, 7:02 AM
Good thread this and should be made into a sticky as our national team looks for suitable grounds to play future internationals in.

Any word on the Shels move to Morton? And what's the situation at Richmond Pk?

Mental Man
09/10/2006, 7:46 AM
Looks like the GAA are hoping that they succeed in holding up the developements of the ground in Tallaght and that the court hearing goes their way, if they succeed in doing this then i fear the worst for Rovers, what the GAA are frightened of is that Rovers getting a foothold back into Tallaght and basically taking all their support which is possible, what i cant understand is that the dimensions of the new ground in Tallaght is not suitable for any GAA games, am i right in this and if so then the above other reason that that they have to hold up rovers is based on pure Bigotry.
Interesting to see will Fianna Fail (their political latchicos) will back them up with this? Sholud be made an election issue in Tallaght by all rovers supporters in there.
Well at the RSC the new stand should be starting at the end of the season and it should bring the seating capacity to over 3000 which should brighten up the other side of the ground and will be used for away fans more then likely.

BohsPartisan
09/10/2006, 8:04 AM
Don't know how much of election issue it will be. How many Rovers fans actually live in Tallaght? Rovers fans are spread all over Dublin so as far as I can see wouldn't be a sizeable enough force in one constituency to do any damage.

Poor Student
09/10/2006, 8:44 AM
Billy Lord, is that really really the last decision by the courts? This seems to be a never ending saga and there always seems to be some date coming up soon that's crucial.

OneRedArmy
09/10/2006, 8:59 AM
Billy Lord, is that really really the last decision by the courts? This seems to be a never ending saga and there always seems to be some date coming up soon that's crucial.If the GAA wanted to be truly vindictive they could conceivably appeal the High Court decision to the Supreme Court (and hypothetically appeal that result to the European Courts).

However I think both these options are unlikely and the December date should be D-day.

Lets hope for Rovers and the wider League's sake that good wins over evil.

Magicme
09/10/2006, 9:06 AM
Hey atfconline were u lying on ur belly to take that shot??

Will Finn Harps fix their seated area and open it to the public again for next season? I know u probably dont want to spend money on the old stadium but at the same time its not exactly user friendly as it is.

Mons have plans but not so much for our actual stadium as it is suffient to our current requirements and more for the development of other facilities at the club. We will be doing some improvements on the stadium but not as major as the other developments at present.

manic da hoop
09/10/2006, 2:06 PM
The GAA can only take if further if the judge is of the opinion that their case is in the "national interest", which, of course, it isn't. This is an objection against the planning proceedings under taken by SDCC in relation to the completion of the stadium by themselves, as opposed to the GAA kicking up a fuss about being locked out when it's finished.

SPXcyan
09/10/2006, 8:16 PM
Well at the RSC the new stand should be starting at the end of the season and it should bring the seating capacity to over 3000 which should brighten up the other side of the ground and will be used for away fans more then kely.

You seriously think they would open a 1650 seated stand for away fans??.. I hope ya only mean 1 block and not the entire stand?? that would not make any sense at all.. the only decent travellers are cork.. no other team fills the one block allocated to away fans... meh!! i dunno

NY Hoop
10/10/2006, 11:42 AM
You seriously think they would open a 1650 seated stand for away fans??.. I hope ya only mean 1 block and not the entire stand?? that would not make any sense at all.. the only decent travellers are cork.. no other team fills the one block allocated to away fans... meh!! i dunno

We did last time and we had an overflow too.

Will your new stand have a gantry in it?

Passing by athlone on way back saturday. Floodlights up and it looks like it will be an excellent addition to the league. Cant blame anyone there for not going to Mels but with a new stadium there is huge potential.

KOH

Drumcondra Red
11/10/2006, 12:24 PM

You mean cracking stand??? Are there plans for the rest of the ground???

http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/newstadium/aeriel.png

As for us, seen plans for Santry, don't think much tbh...

manic da hoop
11/10/2006, 12:56 PM

Any details?

GalwayFrancis
11/10/2006, 1:42 PM
You mean cracking stand??? Are there plans for the rest of the ground???

http://www.iol.ie/~eganwd/atfc/newstadium/aeriel.png

if my memory serves me correct, this stand is only phase one of the stadiums. There will be 4 seated stands in the New St. Mel's (circa 6,000)

Passive
11/10/2006, 1:54 PM
Don't know how much of election issue it will be. How many Rovers fans actually live in Tallaght? Rovers fans are spread all over Dublin so as far as I can see wouldn't be a sizeable enough force in one constituency to do any damage.

Fair point, but it isn't only Rovers fans that will make this an election issue. The people of Tallaght want this eyesore completed asap. Locally, the 'stadium' is known as "the Shamrock Rovers ground" and I know for a fact that the stadium issue is regularly brought up on the doorsteps when politicians go house-to-house.

The problem, of course, is that very few of the politicians - as well as very few of the ordinary people - know what the hell is going on. Sean Crowe, for example, has come out with several contradictory statements saying that he wants the stadium completed asap and therefore supports the GAA. Clearly, that makes no sense because if the GAA win their case it is going to set back the stadium. The only way for this stadium to be completed is for the GAA's case to be thrown out. If there is an ounce of justice in the world, this is what will happen.

Peadar
11/10/2006, 2:56 PM
The precast concrete is currently being installed at the Shed end of Turners Cross.

Jerry The Saint
11/10/2006, 3:09 PM
Bear in mind that this thread will be used by the FAI to award qualification points for next year's Premier("ship") so feel free to exaggerate the scale and likelihood of your club's stadium plans.

I understand that Pat Dolan's plan of a 20,000 seater stadium in St. Michael's Estate is still very much on the cards for St. Pats...

Drumcondra Red
11/10/2006, 3:13 PM
Any details?

New stands either side of the pitch and curves behind the goals, gaps in corners and looks like running track will be staying... :(

Mr A
11/10/2006, 3:28 PM
The cheek of them! Insisting on a running track in the National Athletics Stadium! Whatever next.

Partizan
11/10/2006, 3:42 PM
The new stand in the RSC will have capacity for 1680 patrons which will bring the RSC covered seating capacity up to 3000. The new stand built from precast concrete will incorporate press boxes, toilets and 3 office units. The tender for the stand was sent out a number of weeks ago so construction should begin after Christmas. The floodlights will have to be moved beforehand to accomodate the stand. I dont think the new stand will be ready for the start of next season.

The development of the RSC also incorporates the provision of two all-weather pitches behind the town goal, and 4 new turnstiles at the Cork Road and the town side as well as access for the disabled. Expect the RSC to resemble a building site for much of next season.

I have heard rumours that Waterford are looking into securing a medium to long term lease on the RSC with a view to developing behind the country goal and extending the existing stand. However the City council maybe unwilling to grant us this as they dont want to see the athletics track touched and wish to keep the RSC community owned.

manic da hoop
11/10/2006, 4:09 PM
Interesting that they sound so protective of the athletics track, which permanently looks in rag order with barely visable markings. Is it ever used btw?

Drumcondra Red
11/10/2006, 4:18 PM
Interesting that they sound so protective of the athletics track, which permanently looks in rag order with barely visable markings. Is it ever used btw?

I think it is, there is a club there and then for national athletic thingys

The cheek of them! Insisting on a running track in the National Athletics Stadium! Whatever next.

There was talk of a removable running track, which obviously, you were oblivious to before posting a comment that you have no means of backing up, trying to make somebody look like an idiot, well done sir :rolleyes:

BohsPartisan
11/10/2006, 4:21 PM
New stands either side of the pitch and curves behind the goals, gaps in corners and looks like running track will be staying... :(

Will the curves be terraced?

Drumcondra Red
11/10/2006, 4:25 PM
Will the curves be terraced?

I don't think so, its a nice idea though, for european games etc. its hard to imagine getting terracing in!

manic da hoop
12/10/2006, 8:29 AM
The curves already are terraced.

Drumcondra Red
12/10/2006, 9:32 AM
Its being redone though

Partizan
12/10/2006, 11:47 AM
Tawdy, the capacity of the current stand is 1275. The new stand will hold 1680 seats which will bring the covered seating capacity up to 2955. I cant see why not that WUFC can get a long term lease on the RSC. There is ample space for further development but only the right of the existing stand and behind the country goal.

As I mentioned on BTID before there is enough space to add another 750 seats (3 rows) onto the existing stand and the erection of a curved terracing (uncovered seating) for 2000 spectators which will bring seated capacity up to 5700 enabling the RSC to hold European games and underage internationals.

As I said, this is all furtehr down the line but if WUFC manage to get a medium to long term lease on the RSC, there is no reason why it cant happen.

A face
12/10/2006, 12:23 PM
Our new 1650 stand should be commencing once the season has finished!! this will make the RSC alot nicer to look at!!

Is this being paid by Waterford County Council ??

bluemovie
12/10/2006, 12:34 PM
as long as they build outside the running track there shouldnt be a problem with the city council,
waterford city council are very happy with waterford united as tenents and wouldnt have any problem giving the blues a lifetime lease of the rsc.

i know
i work there;)

Well that says a lot about both you and the council!:eek: :D I thought you just spent all day drinking cider and waving at cars on the Tramore Road, Tawdy?

SPXcyan
12/10/2006, 3:41 PM
Are there any pictures of this new stand yet?? been waitin ages for them!!