PDA

View Full Version : SRFC v DCFC

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Maynard
21/11/2005, 5:02 PM
Just to let all the neutrals/Dublin City sympathisers/Bohs fans etc etc know that...

Following a security meeting tonight (Monday) it has been decided that the Dublin City fans will be accomodated in the Des Kelly Stand behind the goal.
Therefore it is likely that Shamrock Rovers will have the Jodi to themselves.
Dublin City wanted to divide up the Jodi (I think) but "security reasons" prevented that from happening.

So I'd urge all non Rovers fans to throw their lot in with us for the night and have a bit of craic in the Des Kelly stand...cheaper too;)

Poor Student
21/11/2005, 5:35 PM
What are the arrangements for Tolka?

Edit: Wait, are they both in Dalymount? Or is it just one leg? I can only find details of the game tomorrow in Dayler.

Buller
21/11/2005, 6:03 PM
The game on friday is in tolka as homeless homeless home farm dont have a ground.... :eek:
I think we'll be put in the riverside stand in tolka as we're "away" and "dublin city" fans will be in the new stand and the the road stand...

Dublin City sympathisers
Yeah, you wish!!! If rovers go down you'll bring nothing to the premier, if rovers go down it'll also be a big loss crowds wise as lets face it, "dublin" have no fans!

Drumcondra Red
21/11/2005, 6:08 PM
The game on friday is in tolka as homeless homeless home farm dont have a ground.... :eek:

Hello pot, my name is kettle and I'm black!

Friday the 25th is the Tolka leg!

Bald Student
21/11/2005, 6:19 PM
Hello pot, my name is kettle and I'm black!

Friday the 25th is the Tolka leg!There was even a rovers fan with no sence of irony slagging UCD last weekend because we're not sure where we'll be playing next season (we might be moving accross campus).

monkey magic
21/11/2005, 6:24 PM
if were gonna talk about irony, try a certain ucd fan calling shels a plucky little club on another thread very recently:D

Bald Student
21/11/2005, 6:28 PM
if were gonna talk about irony, try a certain ucd fan calling shels a plucky little club on another thread very recently:DTouché

blueviking1980
21/11/2005, 6:30 PM
I think we'll be put in the riverside stand in tolka as we're "away" and "dublin city" fans will be in the new stand and the the road stand...

Yeah, you wish!!! If rovers go down you'll bring nothing to the premier, if rovers go down it'll also be a big loss crowds wise as lets face it, "dublin" have no fans!

Ya see.. sayin all that dosen't spell good moral in the Hoops camp... 1st Division isn't as bad as all that... & we should know... ;)

Buller
21/11/2005, 6:36 PM
Friday the 25th is the Tolka leg!
We shall see...;)

sonofstan
21/11/2005, 6:56 PM
if were gonna talk about irony, try a certain ucd fan calling shels a plucky little club on another thread very recently:D

or a UCD fan who can't spell 'sense' or 'across' - the 'U' Stands for university..

Poor Student
21/11/2005, 7:04 PM
or a UCD fan who can't spell 'sense' or 'across' - the 'U' Stands for university..

He must have been in one of the student bars during his lecture on spelling.:rolleyes:

Ringo
21/11/2005, 7:15 PM

We have a home , Whitehall, unlike Rovers. The Reason, its been moved is for Security reasons- Rovers predicted to cause trouble when their relegated:D

Student Mullet
21/11/2005, 7:54 PM
We have a home , WhitehallSo you are Homefarm in disguise?

Peadar
21/11/2005, 7:55 PM
I think anyone who cares about football should get out and support Rovers.

Mental Man
21/11/2005, 8:06 PM
Have to totally agree with you there, get out and shout for rovers!!

CMON ROVERS>

Drumcondra Red
21/11/2005, 8:24 PM

What??? No its not our fault that they can't survive Premier League status, history or no history, Dublin City have deserved to get this far!!!

Just for the record, I don't nessecarily take the above view but thats the neutral in me coming out, may the best team take Premier football next season!!!;)

Rebal Boy
21/11/2005, 8:32 PM
If Dublin City do go up will they play their home games in Whitehall or in Tolka Park.:confused: I think they should have them in Whitehall. I've never been there, but I was at Tolka and thats a dump of a place. They don't even have lights in the toilets. I guess someone forgot to pay the ESB bill.

Derek
21/11/2005, 9:06 PM
If Dublin City do go up will they play their home games in Whitehall or in Tolka Park.:confused: I think they should have them in Whitehall. I've never been there, but I was at Tolka and thats a dump of a place. They don't even have lights in the toilets. I guess someone forgot to pay the ESB bill.

Games will be in Whitehall as far as I know although some seating will have to be installed when we get promoted, nice bar and clean toilets withs lights.

Ringo
21/11/2005, 9:14 PM
Games will be in Whitehall as far as I know although some seating will have to be installed when we get promoted, nice bar and clean toilets withs lights.

And the best pitch in the league

Derek
21/11/2005, 9:14 PM

What sort of crap is that? what do you mean "anyone who cares about football", how do you think we got to the playoff? by playing cricket?.

Change the record. Dublin City are a proud football club even if we only have a short history. As for all the other sour grapes, Rovers will survive if they beat us over two games, and if they can do that then the will deserve to avoid relegation, they have no devine right to to stay in the premier, let players decide who deserves the premier league spot. I for one hope that Dublin City beat the stuffing out of Rovers and send them down.

Ringo
21/11/2005, 9:16 PM
What sort of crap is that? what do you mean "anyone who cares about football", how do you think we got to the playoff? by playing cricket?.

Change the record. Dublin City are a proud football club even if we only have a short history. As for all the other sour grapes, Rovers will survive if they beat us over two games, and if they can do that then the will deserve to avoid relegation, they have no devine right to to stay in the premier, let players decide who deserves the premier league spot. I for one hope that Dublin City beat the stuffing out of Rovers and send them down.
fair play derek. if we go up , its due to you & others in the club who encouraged the team on.

monkey magic
21/11/2005, 9:41 PM

LOL:D

Dodge
21/11/2005, 10:21 PM
Jesus Christ peader, are you the FAI in Disguise? (We care about football)

**** football. Support your team, hate your rivals. DC is a rival to nobody and deserves every true fan's support.

dfx-
21/11/2005, 10:27 PM
I for one hope that Dublin City beat the stuffing out of Rovers and send them down.

I'd be worried if I were you if you didn't.......:rolleyes:

A face
22/11/2005, 12:35 AM
I have to say i am rooting for Rovers in this one !!

A hoop for a day !! :p

mypost
22/11/2005, 2:22 AM
Dublin City are a proud football club even if we only have a short history.

Dublin City is a city, not a football club. In football terms, Dublin City = Home Farm (in a Carroll's plastic bag!!). Home Farm do indeed have a proud history, ...as an amateur club, who won the FAI Cup 30 years ago. They haven't come remotely close* to winning anything of any kind in senior football since then, not that they should be even playing senior football in the first place!! :rolleyes:

Agreed. Bar Bohs, I would support anyone in a play-off against Home Farm. If we go down, there will be 11 Premier Division chairman sh-itting themselves at the prospect of gate receipts collapsing from hosting Home Farm next season. And if they're really unlucky, they might have to play them at home twice! :eek: :eek: Home Farm getting promoted, would ruin a great LOI season. It's up to us to ensure it doesn't happen.

*1st Division, and Leinster Senior/League Cup titles, do not count.

Ringo
22/11/2005, 4:41 AM
if you win you deserve to stay up, if you don't win you don't deserve to stay up, learn to live with it. You don't have a divine right to a place in premier division.:rolleyes:

DvB
22/11/2005, 7:49 AM
Personally i couldnt give a flying f**k who tags along to support ICBINHF tonight and friday, if it was anyone else playing them i certainly wouldnt be bothered 'supporting' them or indeed any other team!! I support one team at the end of the day & one team only!

From another perspective though i hope loads of neutrals turn up tonight, their cash will be more than welcome!!

Ona more serious note I have to say I agree with a couple of the posts above, whoever wins over the two games deserves to be in the premier division, end of!! History (or lack therof) is irrelevant, as much as i dislike ICBINHF i can honestly say i dont have anything like as big a problem with them as i have with Bohs or Pats, all this ****e about them not deserving to be in the league is nonsense, they're here now & thats that, get over it & let them get on with it, if they beat us i'll have a reason for disliking them but thats as far as it goes! Thats football! People can whinge about how they came about and how new a club they are & whatever title they use but the simple fact is for whatever reasons they are good enough to be playing us this week & we have to deal with it, like it or not! The sooner the rest of the league accepts it the better!

May the best team win, & if thats not us well may the second best team win!;)

Koh

patsh
22/11/2005, 9:54 AM
100% agree.
COME ON ROVERS.

Nothing personal against DCFC, or their few loyal fans, but DCFC have no ground, no support, and would bring absolutely nothing to the Premier division.
This league needs to have teams and clubs that have something to build on, and DCFC have shown that they are unable to attract any support of real consquence so far.
Rovers, $hels, SPA and Bohs all have the potential to attract/get back significant support, even UCD have a ground and a following, but DCFC are a nothing club, and until thy can show themselves to be something more substantial, I would prefer to see them in the 1st division.
If they beat Rovers they will have earned their place, but I hope that won't happen.
Up the Hoops! :eek:

sfc red
22/11/2005, 9:57 AM
Who gives you the right to say who are a "nothing team"??
The whole "$hels" thing is getting childish at this stage, not to mention the fact that it makes no sense

patsh
22/11/2005, 9:59 AM
Who gives you the right to say who are a "nothing team"??
The whole "$hels" thing is getting childish at this stage, not to mention the fact that it makes no sense
Awww, a lickle tantrum from a little $hels fan, whatever next? :D

LFC in Exile
22/11/2005, 9:59 AM

That should read anyone that cares about the premier division should get out and support Rovers. The best thing for football in this country is for Rovers to lose and go down. That way all the First Division clubs will benefit from the massive crowds they bring all over the place with them. :rolleyes:

LFC in Exile
22/11/2005, 10:00 AM
*1st Division, and Leinster Senior/League Cup titles, do not count.

They will next year. :)

Drumcondra Red
22/11/2005, 10:49 AM
Patsh, last time I checked Rovers didn't have a ground either, so where's your point???

LFC in Exile has got a point, it really would help to enhance the media attention on the 1st Division and would indeed boost attendences as Rovers have great traveling support, every week, :P

But realisticly, does anyone see CHF beating Rovers? It would be a bit of a shock to say the least, wouldn't it???

Colm
22/11/2005, 10:52 AM
I hope Rovers absolutely hammer Dublin City.

Scumbag Seery's pathetic little franchise has no place in this league.

Drumcondra Red
22/11/2005, 10:53 AM
I hope Rovers absolutely hammer Dublin City.

Scumbag Seery's pathetic little franchise has no place in this league.

Yeah you have to hate these newly formed clubs, don't you??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

blueviking1980
22/11/2005, 11:02 AM
100% agree.
COME ON ROVERS.

Nothing personal against DCFC, or their few loyal fans, but DCFC have no ground, no support, and would bring absolutely nothing to the Premier division.
This league needs to have teams and clubs that have something to build on, and DCFC have shown that they are unable to attract any support of real consquence so far.
Rovers, $hels, SPA and Bohs all have the potential to attract/get back significant support, even UCD have a ground and a following, but DCFC are a nothing club, and until thy can show themselves to be something more substantial, I would prefer to see them in the 1st division.
If they beat Rovers they will have earned their place, but I hope that won't happen.
Up the Hoops! :eek:

If ya say we bring nothin to the Premier League & don't deserve to be in it coz we've nothin to build on.. how we gonna build on anythin if we don't start & have a chance?? Ya mentioned that we haven't been able to 'attract significant support so far'... SO FAR bein the key words.. so that's a bit promisin... :rolleyes:

Poor Student
22/11/2005, 11:16 AM
I am disappointed in people's attitude towards Dublin City. I can understand Seery has rubbed some people up the wrong way, particularly Cork fans however you must admire his drive and energy to push his club forward. City have existed what, 4 seasons now? They've pushed for promotion in their 3 years in the 1st division and tried to make a fist of it in the Premier. Yes they're built on the template of Home Farm but all joking and banter aside they are not Home Farm. It's like insisting Airdre United are in fact Clydebank or MK Dons and Wimbledon FC. It's a new entity with a new identity. DCFC are a different club who certainly have different ambitions to Home Farm. Surely to have a new, vibrant and innovative club is what we want in this league? As DCFC fans say ad nauseum, how many fans are they going to have starting from scratch? People point out that they're just another Dublin club cramming into an overcrowded market. Monaghan, Kilkenny and Kildare aren't Dublin clubs and their attendences are similarly poor. Kildare themselves are equally as much a franchise as Dub City and they get no hassle. We often berate the Irish public for showing an apathy to our league yet clubs like UCD and DCFC get slagged for having the temerity to have people who actually care about the clubs and have a passion for them.

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 11:17 AM

Are u NUCKING FUTS!!!!!!
Can't wait to see the back of the homeless B******S

Block G Raptor
22/11/2005, 11:22 AM
I am disappointed in people's attitude towards Dublin City. I can understand Seery has rubbed some people up the wrong way, particularly Cork fans however you must admire his drive and energy to push his club forward. City have existed what, 4 seasons now? They've pushed for promotion in their 3 years in the 1st division and tried to make a fist of it in the Premier. Yes they're built on the template of Home Farm but all joking and banter aside they are not Home Farm. It's like insisting Airdre United are in fact Clydebank or MK Dons and Wimbledon FC. It's a new entity with a new identity. DCFC are a different club who certainly have different ambitions to Home Farm. Surely to have a new, vibrant and innovative club is what we want in this league? As DCFC fans say ad nauseum, how many fans are they going to have starting from scratch? People point out that they're just another Dublin club cramming into an overcrowded market. Monaghan, Kilkenny and Kildare aren't Dublin clubs and their attendences are similarly poor. Kildare themselves are equally as much a franchise as Dub City and they get no hassle. We often berate the Irish public for showing an apathy to our league yet clubs like UCD and DCFC get slagged for having the temerity to have people who actually care about the clubs and have a passion for them.

POTM!!!!!!

patsh
22/11/2005, 11:37 AM
OOOhhhh, the little boys from Tolka are really getting their knickers in a twist these days... The Revenue and costly failure getting to you boys?:D

4 years is long enough to see whether a club is going to garner some sort of support or not. DCFC have 20- 30 loyal fans at best?

If Rovers stay up, they will play twice at the Cross next season. They will attract a gate of 4 to 5,000, they will bring around 100 themselves and there will be a great atmophere.
If DCFC come down twice, they will bring zero fans, zero atmosphere, and we will only get 2 - 3,000 to show up. That is a fact, and whether you like it or not, DCFC don't bring anything to this league.

I'm not disputing that they have loyal and passionat people involved with the club who are doing their best and are trying hard but that's not enough.
Drogheda have spent a fortune and have a decent following, yet were 19 points behind $hels this season. There is a big gap there, Harps finished 53 points beind City this season, so we need more competitive teams in the league, not less.
I can see why SPA fans want them up, then at least someone will finish beneath the junkies, but I would prefer a vibrant and raucous Rovers support any day over the silence from DCFC.

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 11:43 AM
Firstly have to laugh at the gypos wanting us relegated.

Secondly if CHF beat us no complaints.

Although to be realistic they should not be in the league. What part of "they do not have any support" do people not understand?

When they were in the premier last year they did NOT increase their crowds and wont again if they go up this week. So what is the point? No fans no club. Comparing them to Kildare is ridiculous as they got decent support when they entered the league.

We will have our stadium to move into but they will never have a ground and will have to rent.

Replace them with the Kerry club asap.

KOH

Drumcondra Red
Of all these thousands you've quoted, how many actually came when you were shít???

Block G Raptor
DCFC don't bring anything to this league.
I'd Sooner see Hartstown Utd. U7A in the premier than the Homeless Scum :D

Go Vikings:)

patsh
22/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Of all these thousands you've quoted, how many actually came when you were shít???
You get about 1200, I think? :D

ThatGuy
22/11/2005, 11:46 AM
Firstly have to laugh at the gypos wanting us relegated.

You must be easily amused then. If that makes you laugh then I advise you not to go and see Billy Connolly live as you would die of laughter.

Why do you laugh? Would you not like to see Bohs go down if the roles were reversed? Of course you would.

Patsh, can you post an insult about someone without saying "little man" and adding a smiley as if you are cracking yourself up? Is it possible?

Poor Student
22/11/2005, 11:50 AM
Although to be realistic they should not be in the league. What part of "they do not have any support" do people not understand?

When they were in the premier last year they did NOT increase their crowds and wont again if they go up this week. So what is the point? No fans no club. Comparing them to Kildare is ridiculous as they got decent support when they entered the league.

Comparing them to Kildare is ridiculous why? So what if the initial euphoria of having a club that represents your local area drew in bigger crowds? At the end of the day both Dub City and Kildare have similar crowds only Dublin City are a club that is doing more on and off the park. What will you be saying when your Kerry club goes the same way of Kildare? Bring in a Mayo club? So what if DCFC don't have a ground? Neither do our champions Cork City. As long as they have a fixed home to rent then that's good enough.

NY Hoop
22/11/2005, 11:52 AM
Boez Rovers = derby, big gate, maybe live tv.

Boez CHF = small gate and little coverage.

Do the maths.

Its like the gypos whinging that they cant wait to get us out of their ground. Eh free money.........

KOH

Jaime
22/11/2005, 12:01 PM
Boez Rovers = derby, big gate, maybe live tv.

You're assuming a lot there. Firstly, you're assuming we care about you. We don't.

"Live TV"? Is that supposed to be exciting or something? Who gives a shít whether a match is on "live TV" or not?

Most football fans I know don't think mathematically. You can go in for the "ah no eL club has the right to turn down money, blah blah blah" if you want, but it simply doesn't matter. The season is over for us, those who care about this non-event would rather see Rovers fúck off to Cobh and Monaghan, for the rest of us it's an afterthought, if we remember we might check the score at half time in the Champions League football.

WeAreRovers
22/11/2005, 12:05 PM
You're assuming a lot there. Firstly, you're assuming we care about you. We don't.

:D

Keep saying it and you might convince yourself.

KOH