PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Fans

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Peadar
08/11/2005, 10:26 AM
You did your club proud last night.
I pity you having been lumped with Roddy.

Your players need to show as much pride and passion as you if they want to stay up.

Great to see that we can share the same stand.

Hope Waterford fall into the play-off.

tiktok
08/11/2005, 10:47 AM
Hear hear Peadar.

Passive
08/11/2005, 11:03 AM
Both sets of supporters were a credit to the league last night. Respect.

"We'll never die, we'll never die..."

Colm
08/11/2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah fair play to Rovers fans last night, they were excellent.... I maintain that only them, us and maybe Derry have the only sets of proper fans in this league.

Contrast them with Bohs last week or Waterford the other night who were pathetic.

Chatting about it in Doyles after the game and we were all commenting on what a weird fcuked up turn of events had taken place.... one week City fans are battering Bohs "fans", the following week City fans are applauding Rovers fans out of the ground!!:D

Anyway, I'll say it again fair play Rovers. I hope ye stay up and Waterford go down.

joey B
08/11/2005, 11:08 AM
Yeah fair play to Rovers fans last night, they were excellent.... I maintain that only them, us and maybe Derry have the only sets of proper fans in this league.

Contrast them with Bohs last week or Waterford the other night who were pathetic.

Chatting about it in Doyles after the game and we were all commenting on what a weird fcuked up turn of events had taken place.... one week City fans are battering Bohs "fans", the following week City fans are applauding Rovers fans out of the ground!!:D

Anyway, I'll say it again fair play Rovers. I hope ye stay up and Waterford go down.

What is your defenition of "proper fans":confused:

Terry
08/11/2005, 11:12 AM

Exactly.

I think every club has proper fans, just some clubs have more than others.

Colm
08/11/2005, 11:24 AM

I wasn't having a dig or anything!

I just meant fans who travel in big numbers and always create a brilliant atmosphere etc. Rovers are bottom of the table and they brought a bigger crowd to the Cross this year than any other team did, we bring the biggest away support everywhere but who knows how many we'd bring if we were in Rovers position so they deserve a bit of credit.

Strabane_Harp
08/11/2005, 11:27 AM
I wasn't having a dig or anything!

I just meant fans who travel in big numbers and always create a brilliant atmosphere etc. Rovers are bottom of the table and they brought a bigger crowd to the Cross this year than any other team did, we bring the biggest away support everywhere but who knows how many we'd bring if we were in Rovers position so they deserve a bit of credit.

Cork would bring the fourth biggest support to finn park, behind derry, shams and sligo

Colm
08/11/2005, 11:29 AM
Cork would bring the fourth biggest support to finn park, behind derry, shams and sligo

That's because of the distance. Derry don't bring that many to Cork either but usually bring decent crowds to Dublin etc.

Mr A
08/11/2005, 11:33 AM
Harps maintained decent crowds throughout 11 long years in the first division. Through all the ups and downs we still have a decent core of loyal, passionate supporters. When the club nearly went under it was the supporters who saved the club, and still are keeping it going. For years we brought fans to first division grounds all over the country when only a few other clubs like Galway still did so. This year it's dropped away a bit, but given the season we've had that's hardly surprising.

I don't know what your definition of 'proper fans' is, and frankly I don't care, but it certainly is difficult to listen to some of the crap that is spouted on this forum at times.

Colm
08/11/2005, 11:34 AM
Anyway, fair play to the Rovers fans last night!

bohs til i die
08/11/2005, 11:44 AM

Rovers have plenty of muppets who cause trouble, just like Bohs do. Does Cork fans 'battering' Bohs fans not make you just as unproper as Bohs then?

Colm
08/11/2005, 11:56 AM
Does Cork fans 'battering' Bohs fans not make you just as unproper as Bohs then?

We won't go into this now BTID but know what happened and the sooner you lot can rid your club of the cowardly BSC scum the better. We've always got on well with Bohs until this season and even last week I had a chat with plenty of decent Bohs fans in the bar just like I met many decent Rovers fans last night.

Macy
08/11/2005, 11:58 AM
We won't go into this now BTID but know what happened and the sooner you lot can rid your club of the cowardly BSC scum the better. We've always got on well with Bohs until this season and even last week I had a chat with plenty of decent Bohs fans in the bar just like I met many decent Rovers fans last night.
Defeats your arguement somewhat - I mean Cork can't have brought that many if the BSC felt brave enough to attack...

bohs til i die
08/11/2005, 12:00 PM
but you generalised about Bohs fans while gloating about 'battering' Bohs fans. My point was about the hypocrisy in your post.

If you look at the Bohs MB you'lll see that you are not alone in disliking the BSC.

Colm
08/11/2005, 12:01 PM
Defeats your arguement somewhat - I mean Cork can't have brought that many if the BSC felt brave enough to attack...

They waited until 20-30 minutes after the game. I'm sure they'll wait a few hours the next time though!;) :D

Colm
08/11/2005, 12:02 PM
but you generalised about Bohs fans while gloating about 'battering' Bohs fans. My point was about the hypocrisy in your post.

I didn't intend that BTID. I said bohs "fans" as to distinguish the muppets from the proper Bohs fans.

Mr A
08/11/2005, 12:08 PM
Ah, so Bohs are proper fans now?

Colm
08/11/2005, 12:10 PM
Ah, so Bohs are proper fans now?

No, too quiet!

Patrick Dunne
08/11/2005, 12:12 PM
"improper" fan, Galway Harps, we should head off to our little forums and not be annoying the massive clubs like Cork, who have been bringing thousands to every away game since 1984.:rolleyes:

tiktok
08/11/2005, 12:16 PM
Before this goes completely off topic.

There isn't a single club in the EL without proper fans. We all know the problems of our league and no club would survive without proper fans behind them, whatever way those fans show their support.

Colm's clearly referring to the generation of atmosphere, and let's be honest, it's a relatively recent development for CCFC to travel in such large, vocal numbers. At the moment though, Derry and ourselves (due in no small part to our relative success this season) are travelling the country and I think for the most part, both sets of fans are making more friends than enemies and are adding a sense of occasion to each and every game.

It's a shame it doesn't seem to apply online, everyone seems to want to have a cut off us these days. This must be what's it was like to be a Shels fan the last few years.

So just to reiterate the point of the thread, well done the Rovers fans last night, who when things are so bleak at the club, stood and cheered for 15 minutes at the end of the game. It can't have been easy.

sligoman
08/11/2005, 12:16 PM
Man, I'm really starting to feel a hatred towards Cork "we have the best fans in the world" City:rolleyes:. Come on DERRY!:)

mypost
08/11/2005, 12:22 PM

Thanks lads, but for every 10 credits of our fans, there's always the odd one out, isn't there?? :rolleyes:

From 07/11:

last time i was at a rovers @ home game, a pint glass was thrown into our section. since i quit my job last month, myself and the missus have been to every away game but i'd rather not bring her anywhere near you scum for this one.

That's the kind of crap that we're up against. :mad:

redgav
08/11/2005, 12:24 PM
Shower of smalltime muppets - For gods sake ,The point of the thread was clear , it was to praise the attitude and support of Rovers last nite- why is it that EVERY single mickeymouse throwaway comment HAS to have the smallminded eacbrigade up in arms every time

To re-iterate what some city fans said about last nite - well done Rovers fans ,everyone is quick to jump when its something negative,what went on with both sets of supporters last nite was a nice gesture.Despite the result ,rovers were still proud and loud in their support, and their reception for us as they left ( and our response) are moments that journo's should be writing about

bigmac
08/11/2005, 12:27 PM
Thanks lads, but for every 10 credits of our fans, there's always the odd one out, isn't there?? :rolleyes:

That's the kind of crap that we're up against. :mad:

Check my posts over the last year or so and you'll see that I'm a big fan of what the 400 club are doing and hope that it's a big success. But the only time i've ever had missiles thrown at me after a game in the RSC (had a season ticket since we moved there) was at a Rovers game, so on the balance of my experiences, I can see why people have such a negative view of the fans. Clearly it's a minority but of all clubs in the league, the fact that the fans run Rovers means they have to be the most visible about stamping out bad behaviour.

Mr A
08/11/2005, 12:32 PM
How dare the fans of clubs that don't get 30,000 at every game react to an insult! Shame on us all, we must bow down and accept the pronouncements of Cork City fans, the properest proper fans of them all. How lucky we are to have them among us to share their wisdom and knowledge.

Colm
08/11/2005, 12:33 PM
How dare the fans of clubs that don't get 30,000 at every game react to an insult! Shame on us all, we must bow down and accept the pronouncements of Cork City fans, the properest proper fans of them all. How lucky we are to have them among us to share their wisdom and knowledge.

That's more like it! Know your place!;)

Mr A
08/11/2005, 12:33 PM
On a more serious note- DERRY FOR THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!

Peadar
08/11/2005, 12:34 PM
On a more serious note

On a serious note, enjoy being back where you belong in the lower league.

Patrick Dunne
08/11/2005, 12:35 PM
I want to apply to be a fan of Cork City. Where can I get a form ?

tiktok
08/11/2005, 12:36 PM

CCOSC (http://corkcityfc.ie/downloads/supportersclubform.doc) :D

KR's Post
08/11/2005, 12:37 PM

POST OF THE MONTH by a mile.....:D :D :D Brilliant Patrick!

sligoman
I want to apply to be a fan of Cork City. Where can I get a form ?:D.

Oh Jaysus, it's not like that PD, you have to go for an interview and all, it's worse than applying for a job, and theres a huge waiting list too:rolleyes: :p

Peadar

This is the kind of crap that ruins so many threads.
You are unfortunate enough to be a Galway fan, live with it!

This thread was started to highlight the positive things about Shamrock Rovers support. If you've nothing to contribute, go back to bed.

Colm
08/11/2005, 12:39 PM

This thread was started to highlight the positive things about Shamrock Rovers support. If you've nothing to contribute, go back to bed.

Leave them alone Peadar, you know that they are unable to stop themselves from displaying their jealousy and bitterness everytime someone from a big club makes a post!

ColinR
08/11/2005, 12:42 PM
Leave them alone Peadar, you know that they are unable to stop themselves from displaying their jealousy and bitterness everytime someone from a big club makes a post!

are cork fans the new bohs fans :eek:

big club:rolleyes:

Gareth
08/11/2005, 12:42 PM
You see the problem is if your going to have a love in between two sets of fans, in this case Cork and Rovers, then all the other fans will get jealous and feel they deserve a bit of love. The backlash was unavoidable. :)

In really ebbs and flows when it comes to crowds in the league. I have seen travelling support be large and small from many teams depending on the match. Some of the Cork lads came on to genuinely applaud Rovers and well fair play. Next week, they may hate them. I wouldn't get so worked up about it all.

As for tiktoks reference to this being what its like to be a Shels fan, you haven't won the league yet :). But any team that wins will be disliked and underdogs preferred. Examples are littered through sport!!!

thomas
08/11/2005, 12:44 PM
Obviously the mods are struggling with double entendres, hint, delete them. :rolleyes:

Colm
08/11/2005, 12:45 PM
Obviously the mods are struggling with double entendres, hint, delete them. :rolleyes:

No! I prefer to leave them embarass themselves.

mypost
08/11/2005, 12:49 PM
Check my posts over the last year or so and you'll see that I'm a big fan of what the 400 club are doing and hope that it's a big success.

What the 400C have achieved this year is astonishing, considering the state the club was in 6 months ago. Nobody else could/would do it, in the circumstances.

But the only time i've ever had missiles thrown at me after a game in the RSC (had a season ticket since we moved there) was at a Rovers game, so on the balance of my experiences, I can see why people have such a negative view of the fans.

From my experience at the RSC, I have never seen missiles been thrown when we've been there. I have also never heard of any such incident there in the past.

the fact that the fans run Rovers means they have to be the most visible about stamping out bad behaviour.

Wrong! The fact that the fans own the club, allows us to take a hardline stance against any incident involving the club's fans.

A Cork fan ran onto the pitch after they scored their second goal against Rovers, in full view of their own fans. What will happen to him? :confused:

Philo
08/11/2005, 12:50 PM
are cork fans the new bohs fans :eek:

big club:rolleyes:

No - Cork fans would actually take it seriously.

It wasn't too long ago that Bohs fans were noisy, colorful and travelled in large numbers. Now it's only on odd occasions and rarely at Dalymount. :(

Mr A
08/11/2005, 12:58 PM
The thread may have been started to congratulate Rovers fans but a Cork fan chose to insult the fans of most of the league's clubs. The rest of us probably shouldn't have bothered reacting, but it's a public forum and we've every right to do so if we feel like it. The fact is that many people from a lot of different clubs are sick of listening to some of the garbage that some Cork fans have been coming out with over the last few years. As has been pointed out before- ultimately we're all small clubs and crowds overall in the league are woeful.

Incidentally-if you don't want people to take issue with your comments don't post them on a public forum!

redgav
08/11/2005, 1:05 PM
The thread may have been started to congratulate Rovers fans but a Cork fan chose to insult the fans of most of the league's clubs. The rest of us probably shouldn't have bothered reacting, but it's a public forum and we've every right to do so if we feel like it. The fact is that many people from a lot of different clubs are sick of listening to some of the garbage that some Cork fans have been coming out with over the last few years. As has been pointed out before- ultimately we're all small clubs and crowds overall in the league are woeful.

Incidentally-if you don't want people to take issue with your comments don't post them on a public forum!

and by that same token , if I want to constantly hear someone b!tch and moan at every little petty thing I'll get Married

FFS , It was a throwaway comment ,it meant no disrespect to anyone ,just certain numpties up in arms over it ,once again ruining a thread
Grow up ,take a chill pill,try and try learn about somethiong called common sense

Mr A
08/11/2005, 1:13 PM
It might have been a throw-away comment but was part of a trend that has been going on for quite a while.

People are sick of it and they're saying so.

Terry
08/11/2005, 1:21 PM

I think the thread was ruined right at the very start

COME ON DERRY

redgav
08/11/2005, 1:21 PM
It might have been a throw-away comment but was part of a trend that has been going on for quite a while.

People are sick of it and they're saying so.

Lobby your local TD

In the meanwhile -If you've nothing of note to contribute to the thread,start off a new one where you can b!tch and moan to your hearts content - oh wait a minute you already have that in the galway forum :rolleyes:

Terry
08/11/2005, 1:25 PM
Lobby your local TD

In the meanwhile -If you've nothing of note to contribute to the thread,start off a new one where you can b!tch and moan to your hearts content - oh wait a minute you already have that in the galway forum :rolleyes:

Why would he want to come onto our forum? He's a harps fan

Passive
08/11/2005, 1:28 PM
I think we're getting off topic here people - we're supposed to be discussing how amazing Rovers fans are, not how irrelevant supporters of other clubs are.

More praise please...

NY Hoop
08/11/2005, 1:31 PM
Anyway fair play to the cork fans for clapping us at the end. Nice to see Damo and Billy Woods acknowledging the Hoops faithful.

Now to the really relevant question: Who were the 2 good looking cork young ones walking in front of the jodi?!:D

KOH

Mr A
08/11/2005, 1:32 PM
Maybe from now on you should reply to each topic before anyone else and tell everybody who is allowed to post and what they're allowed to say.

In the meantime I'll post what I want where I want, despite your bitching and moaning about all the bitching and moaning.....