Friday 10th (19:45 unless stated)

Bray v Athlone 19:30
Wexford v Cobh
UCD v Cabo
Galway v Treaty
Cork v Shelbourne

sbgawa
06/09/2021, 9:05 AM
Decided to throw the Sligo v Shamrock Rovers match in as there is no first Division fixtures that weekend and there is a separate thread for the FAI cup

3 games in a week for Sligo who just broke their losing run so a chance to either confirm they are top 3 material or continue the slide. Pats , Dundalk and Rovers are not an easy 3 games..
Chance for Bohs with two wins to set themselves up for a late title charge if they can beet Rovers twice when they play us and win their 2 games in hand they are only 4 points off us. Winning at Drogs and Harps would show a bit of credentials but can they do it when the pressure is on.
Rovers will have Finn and Mandriou back from suspension as well as Pico back from international duty as well as hopefully a few back from injuries so a great chance to get back to winning ways against Waterford and Sligo before the match away to Pats.
If Dundalk don't beat Longford they are officially in the relegation playoff battle but a win combined with a Rovers win (hopefully) over Waterford will ease them two points clear of Waterford with 2 games in hand so that should be enough to settle the nerves.
Wins for Shels and Bray will mean the rest of the first division season is irrelevant except for building form and staying fit.
Big week ahead

PartySaint
06/09/2021, 9:14 AM
No wins in 8 for Sligo so I'm fully expecting a performance of the season from them on Friday in front of the RTE camera's to beat us and ruin any chance of a decent title race.

Nesta99
06/09/2021, 12:37 PM
Feels a bit grubby to hope for a Rovers win! There are a few games that if results go a certain way and Dundalk win things would look slightly better - with making games in hand count too in due course.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
06/09/2021, 1:46 PM
No wins in 8 for Sligo so I'm fully expecting a performance of the season from them on Friday in front of the RTE camera's to beat us and ruin any chance of a decent title race.

If you can’t beat us at the moment you don’t deserve to be in a title race

Dalymountrower
06/09/2021, 1:57 PM
Drogs v Bohs away allocation sold out in 15 minutes this morning, no idea how many were allocated. It will be great to be in a stadium with both sets of fans

PartySaint
06/09/2021, 2:22 PM
If you can’t beat us at the moment you don’t deserve to be in a title race

Is Bolger back?

Finlay Harp
06/09/2021, 2:56 PM
I’ll be interested to see if we can go to the council pitch and get a result. That would be a statement of intent.

DCWA
06/09/2021, 3:28 PM
I’ll be interested to see if we can go to the council pitch and get a result. That would be a statement of intent.

Already done it this year and followed it up
with an abysmal run, Harps have had the better of us for a while now so it would hardly constitute a statement of intent at this stage.

Personnally I expect another close game decided by the odd goal.

Finlay Harp
06/09/2021, 3:38 PM
Derby match the form guide goes out the window. Derry will be out to redress the balance after the cup defeat. If we can deal with that it’s a statement of intent to avoid the play offs and push up the league.

joey B
06/09/2021, 4:03 PM
Already done it this year and followed it up
with an abysmal run, Harps have had the better of us for a while now so it would hardly constitute a statement of intent at this stage.

Personnally I expect another close game decided by the odd goal.

Is the Brandywell anywhere near getting back to full capacity DCWA? Seen the Irish League seem to be getting there and loads of concerts in Belfast packed out,must be close......

DCWA
06/09/2021, 9:15 PM
Is the Brandywell anywhere near getting back to full capacity DCWA? Seen the Irish League seem to be getting there and loads of concerts in Belfast packed out,must be close......

I don’t believe so. It should be at full capacity now really but to my knowledge it unfortunately remains capped at approx 1200.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
07/09/2021, 9:46 AM
Is Bolger back?

Dunno. Thought he was going to back at the weekend and then didn’t even make the bench.

Nesta99
07/09/2021, 11:55 AM

I had to double check fixtures as I assumed you meant Tallaght! I hope its not grounds for shouting obsessed....

Dalymountrower
07/09/2021, 12:17 PM
I had to double check fixtures as I assumed you meant Tallaght! I hope its not grounds for shouting obsessed....

Em, also Dalymount ( City Council) and Turners x ( Munster Council), QED you are obsessed!

pineapple stu
07/09/2021, 12:21 PM
RSC and the Carlisle owned by Waterford and Bray Councils too afaik

Bucket
07/09/2021, 12:51 PM
Galway Utd, Cabo, Drogheda, Dundalk and Treaty don't own their pitches either.

Nesta99
07/09/2021, 1:12 PM
Em, also Dalymount ( City Council) and Turners x ( Munster Council), QED you are obsessed!

RSC and the Carlisle owned by Waterford and Bray Councils too afaik

But THE council pitch was said which is biggest and bestest of course....

How long is Dalymount owned by DCC just out of interest, was it a handover on the basis that t would be redeveloped by the council or sold to them (maybe even twice). Turners cross is pushing it as council owned:) Bray being North Korea and all its hard to get any info on them. Forgot about the RSC.

sbgawa
07/09/2021, 1:21 PM
The Rovers members own some of the land around the Stadium , does that count :)

Mr A
07/09/2021, 1:22 PM
The Rovers members own some of the land around the Stadium , does that count :)

Fools. They should have bought cans instead.

DCWA
07/09/2021, 4:00 PM
I don’t believe so. It should be at full capacity now really but to my knowledge it unfortunately remains capped at approx 1200.

This is confirmed, due to 1m social distancing remaining in place for outdoor events in the north the permitted attendance remains at 1150.

Of course this is only when it suits them as windsor would have lost the super cup final had they abided by the same rules.

DCSIL
07/09/2021, 9:19 PM

Irish Government funding the new Harps ground. But we won’t mention that will we.

If local authorities owned more sports grounds we wouldn’t have situations like Milltown, or Pats when they lost Richmond briefly, or Ards in the North.

Nesta99
08/09/2021, 12:12 AM
Irish Government funding the new Harps ground. But we won’t mention that will we.

If local authorities owned more sports grounds we wouldn’t have situations like Milltown, or Pats when they lost Richmond briefly, or Ards in the North.

I think its been done to death until additional progress happens there is little more to say. I'd e more than happy with a council built and run ground, but Id prefer that we had an ongoing plan where our own money and grant allocations drive a redevelopment of Oriel while maintaining full control of the ground.

nigel-harps1954
08/09/2021, 8:09 AM

Harps have to significantly fund the stadium ourselves actually, along with grant aid.

We won't have a situation, as per Derry, where they don't put a penny in themselves, of course.

Neish
08/09/2021, 10:04 AM

Harps went 15 or 16 without a win before wining the last 6 in a row (albeit Fairview was one of them but it started of the winning run)

El-Pietro
08/09/2021, 11:25 AM

Turners Cross is not owned by any council/government agency. Its complicated but effectively in the hands of the Munster Football Association.

Nesta99
08/09/2021, 12:07 PM
Turners Cross is not owned by any council/government agency. Its complicated but effectively in the hands of the Munster Football Association.

I think that comment was meant in a flippant way, At least Id be very surprised if someone actually thought there was a 'Munster Council' that wasnt just GAA!!

DCSIL
08/09/2021, 4:41 PM
We won't have a situation, as per Derry, where they don't put a penny in themselves, of course.

Maybe that’s because Derry and Strabane Council own it…

nigel-harps1954
08/09/2021, 4:48 PM
Maybe that’s because Derry and Strabane Council own it…

Colour me shocked then. Who paid for the stadium redevelopment?

Dalymountrower
08/09/2021, 7:15 PM
Dont mind me, I also think Libery Hall is the tallest building in Ireland

TonyD
08/09/2021, 7:59 PM

Open to correction, but I don’t believe Pats ever “lost” Richmond. We moved out between 89/90 and 93 until we could get the place renovated. But we never lost ownership that I’m aware of.

lofty9
09/09/2021, 5:07 PM
Harps have to significantly fund the stadium ourselves actually, along with grant aid.

Harps should go and ask Phil for a charitable donation, he's been good to the people in Donegal. Interesting times ahead for Derry!

sbgawa
09/09/2021, 9:16 PM
Tim clancy banned for 3 more games for his rant about the referees. That's 5 games out of 6 he will be in the stands. Talk about putting the bullies be in charge of handing out punishments.

D24Saint
09/09/2021, 9:38 PM
Open to correction, but I don’t believe Pats ever “lost” Richmond. We moved out between 89/90 and 93 until we could get the place renovated. But we never lost ownership that I’m aware of.

Wasn’t up to league standards in a era were the standards weren’t up to much. Afaik we always owned the lease if not the land. I think that was sold piecemeal over the years to raise cash.

Longfordian
10/09/2021, 9:35 AM
What's the ownership model in Pats these days? Does Kelleher own everything including the stadium?

brendy_éire
10/09/2021, 11:24 AM

Personally, I like the Sligo Showgrounds set up, where it's not actually owned by the club itself, but a trust.

Expecting another cagey match at the council-owned, DfC-paid for Brandy tonight. I do think that we were a bit out of sorts for the Cup game, and should perform better tonight on the bigger pitch. In saying that, wouldn't be betting on us at 11/10 for the win. Serious run of form that Harps are on.

All ties this weekend are interesting too. Not inconceivable that they could all end in draws.

Tomas
10/09/2021, 12:50 PM
No easy money for LOI punters tonight. Especially after a liitle break, there is close to zero information about injuries, suspensions, possible covid restrictions etc.

Dont even trust Rovers to beat dangerous Waterford tonight. Interesting Derry and Finn Harps still very much in fight for european places despite the season they have had. What a turnaroud by both clubs lately, should be a good game.

My money is on Bohs to beat Drogheda, never easy but the quallity should prevail. Sligo-Pats no bet - everything is possible there.

Great spirits within Bray Wanderers squad, apparently they have recieved a nice summer bonus on top of their wages today. So you do expect them to be relentless againt Athlone, showing the directors money well spend. I go with handicap bet - Bray to beat Athlone by at least 2 goals.

Correct score: Bray - Athlone 3:0

sbgawa
10/09/2021, 1:19 PM
Rovers are 1 to 3 on to beat Waterford which is literally ridiculous given the form of both sides .
Waterford 6 to 1 (draw no bet) is the bet of the night imo.
Obviously hope Rovers do the business but Harps were 4 to 1 to beat Rovers las Friday and i thought that was a great bet as well

Tomas
10/09/2021, 1:42 PM
Do you have a key players injury free sbgawa mate? And what sort of attendance do you expect in Tallaght tonight

sbgawa
10/09/2021, 1:52 PM
Do you have a key players injury free sbgawa mate? And what sort of attendance do you expect in Tallaght tonight

No idea but 7 days ago we had a heap out injured and i cant see many being back so quickly.
Chances are the odds on paddypower wont change after team is released they don't pay any real attention to LOI hence the stupid odds.

Attendance, should be at least 3500 there you would think cant see it getting to 4000 though.
Bizarrely i know a few people who despite being members or STH were talking about watching on LOITV as the weather is supposed to be bad. I'd crawl over glass to watch live games at this stage.
In fairness a good few of the members are oldish..

placid casual
10/09/2021, 2:09 PM
The next few weeks will be interesting to view in terms of who finishes where.
Another Rovers loss and a pats win could mean Pat's have it in their own hands to actually go on and win the league (my maths is woejus).
The European spots look likely to go to the final day judging by the shuffling around mid table at the moment.
If Dundalk lose to Longford... Then I don't know what happens. But the lack of coverage in the media over their club dissolving in front of our eyes is hard to fathom.

brendy_éire
10/09/2021, 2:31 PM
Bizarrely i know a few people who despite being members or STH were talking about watching on LOITV as the weather is supposed to be bad. I'd crawl over glass to watch live games at this stage.

People have got out of the habit of going to matches. Some might never be back.

I don't think that applies only to football, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, etc. could face the same issue.

DCWA
10/09/2021, 2:54 PM
People have got out of the habit of going to matches. Some might never be back.

I don't think that applies only to football, pubs, restaurants, cinemas, etc. could face the same issue.

I think this is a very good point and we could see a longer term impact on attendances due to that break in pattern.

You also have older fans who vaccinated or not will now be very wary are regards attending games. We will unfortunately lose some of them forever.

lofty9
10/09/2021, 3:38 PM
I think this is a very good point and we could see a longer term impact on attendances due to that break in pattern.

You also have older fans who vaccinated or not will now be very wary are regards attending games. We will unfortunately lose some of them forever.

My old man is terrified of going to the games. He didn't enjoy the Southend stand as people around him didn't wear masks and generally sat where they wanted. He was happy having watched the Dundalk game from the Mark Farren Stand and will watch tonight's game from there. He said once the Brandywell is at full capacity he'll be watching from home. My uncle who hasn't missed a game in years hasn't been back since the pandemic started.

DCWA
10/09/2021, 3:42 PM
My old man is terrified of going to the games. He didn't enjoy the Southend stand as people around him didn't wear masks and generally sat where they wanted. He was happy having watched the Dundalk game from the Mark Farren Stand and will watch tonight's game from there. He said once the Brandywell is at full capacity he'll be watching from home. My uncle who hasn't missed a game in years hasn't been back since the pandemic started.

Yeah my Grandfather is the same accepts that there is some degree of risk in attending games and so won’t go more out of concern for his own wife at home than himself . He says he will think about going back next season but we will surely be back to full capacity and I can’t see it.

It may affect other clubs differently but Derry have a high age profile of fan you can see that on matchday so I think we will see a small decline at least in our attendances.

Tomas
10/09/2021, 4:52 PM
No idea but 7 days ago we had a heap out injured and i cant see many being back so quickly.
Chances are the odds on paddypower wont change after team is released they don't pay any real attention to LOI hence the stupid odds.

Attendance, should be at least 3500 there you would think cant see it getting to 4000 though.

Cheers. Will have a small bet on Waterford ´not to lose´ then. But have they ever got a decent result in Tallaght?

3500 will be very good in the covid circumstances.

Dont think Pats are strong enough to take the league this year but a shamrock slip up tonight would make things interesting.

sbgawa
10/09/2021, 6:21 PM
Just in case u are betting I was suggesting u bet on waterford to win

Tomas
10/09/2021, 6:26 PM
Yeah I went with Waterford win or draw, Bohemians to win, Bray to win heavilly and Ireland to beat Portugal (at darts)

Jack B
10/09/2021, 6:44 PM
Extremely attacking line-up from us tonight, should make for a good game hopefully.

DCSIL
10/09/2021, 6:47 PM
Just looked at the Harps team. Constant battle for us against teams with Superior Budgets.