adamd164
11/04/2013, 3:17 PM
Best odds taken from oddschecker.

Premier Division

Friday, April 12, 2013
7:45 p.m. Dundalk v Derry City
Dundalk (11/4) Draw (45/19) Derry (6/5)

7:45 p.m. U.C.D v St. Patrick's Ath
UCD (162/23) Draw (10/3) St Patricks (8/15)

8 p.m. Shamrock Rovers v Bray Wanderers
Shamrock R (2/5) Draw (39/10) Bray Wanderers (170/19)

8 p.m. Shelbourne v Drogheda United
Shelbourne (3) Draw (27/11) Drogheda (11/10)

Saturday, April 13, 2013
3:55 p.m. Sligo Rovers v Cork City - live on RTE2
Sligo Rovers (1/2) Draw (42/13) Cork City (7)

First Division

Friday, April 12, 2013
8 p.m. Wexford Youths v Longford Town
Wexford Youths (59/18) Draw (44/17) Longford (1)

7:45 p.m. Athlone Town v Finn Harps
Athlone (25/12) Draw (43/18) Finn Harps (13/9)

7:45 p.m. Salthill Devon v Waterford United
SD Galway (11/2) Draw (35/12) Waterford U (13/19)

Saturday, April 13, 2013
7:30 p.m. Cobh Ramblers v Mervue United
Cobh Ramblers (17/8) Draw (12/5) Mervue Utd (6/4)

pineapple stu
11/04/2013, 6:26 PM
7:45 p.m. Dundalk v Derry City
Draw (45/19)

7:45 p.m. U.C.D v St. Patrick's Ath
UCD (162/23)

8 p.m. Shamrock Rovers v Bray Wanderers
Bray Wanderers (170/19)
Go home oddschecker! You're drunk.

adamd164
11/04/2013, 7:00 PM
Probably exchange offs off Betfair or some such.:)

Through injuries and suspension we'll have a very young central defensive partnership v Sligo. Possibly worth looking at the -1 or -2 odds.

redarmyfaction
11/04/2013, 8:34 PM
Probably exchange offs off Betfair or some such.:)

Through injuries and suspension we'll have a very young central defensive partnership v Sligo. Possibly worth looking at the -1 or -2 odds.
Yeah I saw that on yeer site and I was going to suggest something similar unless ye boss midfield to the extent we don't make any chances.

oriel
11/04/2013, 8:43 PM
Derry fans heading to DLK tomorrow night, rumour that the main bar prob open for all away fans. The club tried this since we got promoted for certain away fans, and seems to work well with the Derry visits. I always think its a shame this cant be offered to some of the other big clubs, but at least away fans going to the stand do have the option for both bars.

Anyway, another home draw for us tomorrow I think, should be a good game.

Sam_Heggy
11/04/2013, 9:51 PM
Pats, Rovers and Waterford treble this weekend for me.

Charlie Darwin
12/04/2013, 12:09 AM
Pats, Rovers and Waterford treble this weekend for me.
The naivety of youth :)

Sam_Heggy
12/04/2013, 8:26 AM
The naivety of youth :)

I like you already....

I didn't say which Rovers.

avvenalaf
12/04/2013, 10:23 AM
I like you already....

I didn't say which Rovers.

Good man, Sam. We all knew which one you meant. The other one is, as always, a banker draw.

brendy_éire
12/04/2013, 11:59 AM
Derry fans heading to DLK tomorrow night, rumour that the main bar prob open for all away fans.

Has it not always been open for us? Great oul spot. I mind back in 2009 we were queued outside some time before 5 o'clock waiting for it to open, stayed after the match until last orders then got service bus back to Belfast. Some craic.
Raining over on the east coast today, aye?

We've Rory Patterson back in the team, he's been on fire, along with your good friend Michael Rafter. Should be an interesting enough match, with a wee bit of added spice with Stephen Kenny there now.
Liked the stat from the Dundalk site: there hasn't been a scoreless draw between the sides at Oriel for 21 years, way back in September 1992. Can't see it being scoreless tonight either.

BonnieShels
12/04/2013, 12:17 PM
Liked the stat from the Dundalk site: there hasn't been a scoreless draw between the sides at Oriel for 21 years, way back in September 1992. Can't see it being scoreless tonight either.

There's my random bet for the evening as unlikely as it may be.

Ezeikial
12/04/2013, 12:26 PM
Has it not always been open for us? Great oul spot. I mind back in 2009 we were queued outside some time before 5 o'clock waiting for it to open, stayed after the match until last orders then got service bus back to Belfast. Some craic.
Raining over on the east coast today, aye?

No rain so far - but looking likely. A wet and slick pitch would make for a good spectacle as it suits a passing team.

Always enjoy the visiting Derry support - and the craic and banter in the Lilywhite Lounge is a big part of that

I expect Rafter will start with Griffin on the bench?

Any decent odds on 2.5 + goals should be checked out!

adamd164
12/04/2013, 1:19 PM
Heavy rain forecast for tomorrow but not today, and Sligo and Cobh's pitches hold up well, so all games should be fine this weekend.

Jofspring
12/04/2013, 1:34 PM
Was the bar we were allowed use the main bar? I take it it was as it was packed at half time. We got to go in the back door from the away section at half time to the surprise of a lot of Dundalk fans. Pints were cheap too which satisfied plenty of our lads.

Louth4sam
12/04/2013, 2:40 PM
Was the bar we were allowed use the main bar? I take it it was as it was packed at half time. We got to go in the back door from the away section at half time to the surprise of a lot of Dundalk fans. Pints were cheap too which satisfied plenty of our lads.

Yes that's the main bar. There is also another bar upstairs.
The club have started to allow away fans in to the bar when there is a low risk of trouble.

bullit
12/04/2013, 4:38 PM

Prolly because it's been a while since Lims fans have been spotted in OP ;) €3.60 a pint is great deal.

bullit
12/04/2013, 7:13 PM
dundalk lead 1-0 faherty 2000+ crowd here

Dunny
12/04/2013, 7:29 PM
1-1 fckin stupid peno to give away by rossi

bullit
12/04/2013, 7:39 PM
1-1 fckin stupid peno to give away by rossi

softest of touches by rossi on diver rafter,dubious pen to say the least

Charlie Darwin
12/04/2013, 7:55 PM
Typical, first home game I can't make this season and Rovers batter in three in the first half. I give up, I'm going to start supporting Manchester United like everybody else.

TheBoss
12/04/2013, 7:57 PM
1780 at Oriel tonight:

https://twitter.com/LMFMRADIO/status/322800027401609216

bullit
12/04/2013, 8:07 PM
poor punch from cherrie from a corner and mcnamee scores a peach 2-1 derry

bullit
12/04/2013, 8:19 PM
another soft pen given by ref doyle patterson puts it in the same spot derry on top this half

Longfordian
12/04/2013, 8:24 PM
Town 1-0 up in Wexford, that man Davy O'Sullivan again. Literally on fire as Jamie Redknapp would say. Town are down to ten men since be fore half time, Gillespie sent off. By all accounts he hasn't been contributing much when he's been on the pitch anyway.

passinginterest
12/04/2013, 8:25 PM
Typical, first home game I can't make this season and Rovers batter in three in the first half. I give up, I'm going to start supporting Manchester United like everybody else.
Same as myself and it's 4 now!

Charlie Darwin
12/04/2013, 8:26 PM
4-0 Rovers, Quigley. Sounds like Danny Ledwith is running the show out there, which begs the question why he's been left out to date.

McEleney has decided to have himself sent off at Oriel in an attempt to cancel out Rory Patterson's soft penalties.

Dunny
12/04/2013, 8:35 PM
F**ked :(

Charlie Darwin
12/04/2013, 8:41 PM
6-0... I should be happy, right?

The title challenge is back on!!!! Until sometime around 5.30 tomorrow!!

adamd164
12/04/2013, 8:46 PM
No less than SIX yellow cards tonight for Shels... over half the team booked.:D

Edit: it was five. Still hilarious.

Longfordian
12/04/2013, 8:48 PM
Shels just need Barry Ferguson and Alan Reynolds to come out of retirement to boost the card count a bit.

ATFC-1887
12/04/2013, 9:04 PM
Solid performance from Athlone. Deserved the win. Harps were poor attacking. Expected alot more from them

SeanDrog
12/04/2013, 9:14 PM
Thank goodness drogs won, I was certain shels would break their poor form against us

Dunny
12/04/2013, 9:28 PM
No less than SIX yellow cards tonight for Shels... over half the team booked.:D

Edit: it was five. Still hilarious.

Eh yeah..

oriel
12/04/2013, 9:46 PM
Have to say although we were good in the first 30 mins, Derry are one decent side, solid, great shape and in fairness fully deserved their win.

We are at least 3 quality players away from challenging these type of sides, but still happy with the season, we'll drop to 5th when pats beat shels mid week, if we finish there or even 6th it will be a great season.

Decent crowd just under 2k at the match, not all doom and gloom, but we have got to start winning games at home.........live on tv perhaps in weeks v cork maybe ?

bullit
12/04/2013, 10:12 PM
Oblig mention for Drogs pen. How many's that now?? More than Shellers red cards i would reckon.

markc1184
12/04/2013, 10:29 PM
Is Rodgers always as whistle and card happy as he was tonight? 3 very soft yellows given within the first 10 minutes. Didn't look like it was going to happen for Drogs tonight, but Fabio changed it when he came on. I've no idea what Sava thought he was doing when he raced out of his box and made a mess of things which led to the corner for Shels goal. Don't think anyone would have had any complaints had Hughes gone down and probably would have been a red for Sava.

SwanVsDalton
12/04/2013, 11:12 PM
Good win tonight particularly after going one down and being totally outplayed in the first 30 minutes. Dundalk are a tidy team, our defence was getting a particularly tough time dealing with Byrne latching on to through balls.

As for the controversial incidents my gut instinct was the penalties were penalties and McEleney's sending off was harsh (cue cries of bias). Was far away from the first peno but it looked like he got shoved in midair. Second peno was clearly handball - definite case for ball to hand but it was a shot travelling goalwards and his hands should be down.

For the sending off was again at the far end, but seemed to me McEleney and the Dundalk striker were going 50/50 and the tumble was pretty soft. For there couldn't tell if the Dundalk player was actually going to get on to the ball or if they were just contesting it.

Either way we were good value for the first 25 minutes of the second half. Very composed and clinical, once again. We didn't have the necessarily the hottest starts against Shels, Bohs and now Dundalk but we've come up with comfortable results in each.

oriel
12/04/2013, 11:21 PM
Derry sending off was a yellow card max. I was right on line with the defender. Never a sending off. First pen no way. Second yes, couldn't blame either ref or player, instinct reaction but pen. Actually thought madden challenge on 90 mins was inside box box but the ref ( who was awful) was never going to give a 3rd pen to the same team.

If Derry beat Sligo in next round it could be game on.......at last.

White Horse
12/04/2013, 11:29 PM
I thought the ref got all three big decisions wrong. Never a sending off and the two penalties were a joke.

Having said that the "foul" on Madden was inside the box, but would have been a harsh penalty.

I thought Derry would have created more. I was expecting a lot more from them. I think their gifted first penalty was the fist time they even got into the Dundalk box.

Rafter was very quiet, just like he was in the McCaffrey days.

SwanVsDalton
12/04/2013, 11:38 PM
I was in the minority of Derry fans who thought it was outside, he was pulling at him for yards before Madden actually went over. Can't believe he didn't at least get booked after McEleney got a straight red.

I'll take the Rafter comments cos I was miles away but the second was a pen. Keep your hands down. I couldn't tell where the shot was on target, but it was goalwards and had already flashed past the Dundalk players body before it hit his outstretched arm.

bullit
12/04/2013, 11:54 PM
Yeah, but,hold on a minuite SwansVDalton.The 1st pen was a simple tap on the back on Rafter by Rossiter.It was NEVER a pen but it was a game changer.I didn't see the 2nd pen decision but to be fair those around said it was a pen.

For the sending off-it wasn't a sending off,simple as that.The ref was abysmal for both sides,ruined a fairly clean game with his constant whistling for fairly innocuous tackles and also managed to hand out 7 cards to.:(

On the balance,Derry deserved the win albeit with a little help from an appalling set off officials led by the commander- in -chief- Mr. Neil Doyle.

/Rant/

jinxy lilywhite
13/04/2013, 12:22 AM
7 yellow card and one red for a pretty clean game. Neil Doyle has to be the worst ref ever

Derry probably shaded it in the 2nd half but in no way are they 2 goals better than us.

SwanVsDalton
13/04/2013, 2:21 AM
7 yellow card and one red for a pretty clean game. Neil Doyle has to be the worst ref ever

Derry probably shaded it in the 2nd half but in no way are they 2 goals better than us.

We wern't four goals better than Shels and Bohs either, but we're continuing to be clinical - even if the ref and your defence gave us a hand. Fancied us to get more if 11 players stayed on the pitch.

bullit
13/04/2013, 2:52 AM
We wern't four goals better than Shels and Bohs either, but we're continuing to be clinical - even if the ref and your defence gave us a hand. Fancied us to get more if 11 players stayed on the pitch.
Yous were better by four v Bohs.No Doubt.Dont know about Shellers? Even when S McEleney was sent off ye still had 11 on the pich 'cos Doyle- the ref was still there :D

SwanVsDalton
13/04/2013, 3:21 AM
Personally thought four against Bohs was a bit flattering. We didn't turn up for the first 40 minutes against Shels, and they missed a couple of sitters.

11v11 better than 12v11 surely? :D

bullit
13/04/2013, 3:26 AM
Kenny tonight in DundakFC matchday programme

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHq8aCICMAEqTdp.jpg:large

Charlie Darwin
13/04/2013, 3:32 AM
Somebody's a fan of Ken Early's new column in the Times.

JC_GUFC
13/04/2013, 7:05 AM
Is Rodgers always as whistle and card happy as he was tonight? 3 very soft yellows given within the first 10 minutes. Didn't look like it was going to happen for Drogs tonight, but Fabio changed it when he came on. I've no idea what Sava thought he was doing when he raced out of his box and made a mess of things which led to the corner for Shels goal. Don't think anyone would have had any complaints had Hughes gone down and probably would have been a red for Sava.

Yes, Rob Rogers generally gives a lot of bookings. He's a young ref just getting Prem experience and you often find younger refs give out early bookings to lay down their authority in the match. Alan Kelly used to be similar but has now gained the respect of all the players so doesn't need to do that anymore.

As for the match itself I was thinking exactly the same when Sava charged out but it was good to see Hughes backing himself to take it past him and score instead of going down.

Overall Shels deserved a point, Drogs actually shaded the first half and were unlucky not to have scored themselves, hitting the post and a couple of cross-shots just needing a touch to turn it in. Then they got stung by the goal right on HT.
Shels started the 2nd half much better and it looked like they'd get a second rather than Drogs equalising. However once it went 1-1 Shels totally fell apart. Maybe there's a lack of confidence...

Overall it was entertaining but neither team look that great. I'd say Drogs will finish at best 5th.

Btw who was the right winger with yellow boots? Gavin Brennan was it? He was my MotM

White Horse
13/04/2013, 8:24 AM
On the balance,Derry deserved the win albeit with a little help from an appalling set off officials led by the commander- in -chief- Mr. Neil Doyle.

Unfortunately, we don't know who the best team were last night as the ref ruined the game. Giving away penalties and sending off a player influences the game too much.

markc1184
13/04/2013, 9:55 AM
Yes, Rob Rogers generally gives a lot of bookings. He's a young ref just getting Prem experience and you often find younger refs give out early bookings to lay down their authority in the match. Alan Kelly used to be similar but has now gained the respect of all the players so doesn't need to do that anymore.

As for the match itself I was thinking exactly the same when Sava charged out but it was good to see Hughes backing himself to take it past him and score instead of going down.

Overall Shels deserved a point, Drogs actually shaded the first half and were unlucky not to have scored themselves, hitting the post and a couple of cross-shots just needing a touch to turn it in. Then they got stung by the goal right on HT.
Shels started the 2nd half much better and it looked like they'd get a second rather than Drogs equalising. However once it went 1-1 Shels totally fell apart. Maybe there's a lack of confidence...

Overall it was entertaining but neither team look that great. I'd say Drogs will finish at best 5th.

Btw who was the right winger with yellow boots? Gavin Brennan was it? He was my MotM

Gav would have been the left winger, also my MOTM.