PDA

View Full Version : Richard Keogh

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

geysir
07/05/2016, 10:03 AM
That was an unrestricted poll. No doubt Richie pressed family and friends into action in order to vote repeatedly on his behalf.
There is no limit to what this ability challenged, shameless self promoter will do.

TheOneWhoKnocks
07/05/2016, 10:53 AM
The more and more geysir mocks me over this, the more and more I think Keogh will make a crucial mistake in either a Playoff semi/final or European Championships game.

He is tempting fate and it could come back to bite all of us, not just me.

Closed Account
07/05/2016, 11:22 AM
The more and more geysir mocks me over this, the more and more I think Keogh will make a crucial mistake in either a Playoff semi/final or European Championships game.

He is tempting fate and it could come back to bite all of us, not just me.
Don't be ridiculous, no matter what happens, I'm blaming geysir regardless. And Stutts, and POS, not Charlie though.

DeLorean
07/05/2016, 11:59 AM
That's some ridiculous logic TOWK but I agree the joke has probably run its course. Judging by the longevity of the 'Coleman penalty waiting to happen' gag though, you're just gonna have to suck it up for another few years I'm afraid. :)

TheOneWhoKnocks
07/05/2016, 12:07 PM
Concedes penalty, McGoldrick scores.

Derby 0-1 Ipswich.

DeLorean
07/05/2016, 12:15 PM
Hopefully that's the Geysir jinx out of the way.

Closed Account
07/05/2016, 12:35 PM
Hopefully that's the Geysir jinx out of the way.
And now he's been taken off at half time. Geysir are you sitting at home with pins and a Richie Keogh action doll? G.I. Keogh

SwanVsDalton
07/05/2016, 2:09 PM
Lads.

Geysir is Keogh.

http://i.imgur.com/EYfrk.png

geysir
07/05/2016, 2:24 PM
I have it on good authority, considering this was a dead rubber game for Derby, therefore once Richie picked up a yellow card after a bad foul, the manager took him off just in case Richie's red mist day got even worse and he got himself suspended for the play offs.

Or I could have jinxed him.... heh heh.

DeLorean
09/08/2016, 9:08 PM
Scored in Derby's 1-0 League Cup win against Grimsby. Christie and Pearce also played with Hendrick coming on with ten minutes left.

DeLorean
11/08/2016, 1:29 PM
New deal for his 30th birthday (http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/richard-keogh-signs-new-three-year-deal-at-derby-county-3241282.aspx)

tetsujin1979
11/08/2016, 3:07 PM
200 appearances in four years is a solid record

TheOneWhoKnocks
20/09/2016, 8:03 PM
Richie's having a bit of a nightmare tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q15qKRC8Wpw

Not to be outdone by Cyrus.

Stuttgart88
21/09/2016, 8:08 AM
You must have loved that

DeLorean
22/09/2016, 9:21 AM
Yeah, although regardless of the messenger that's shocking by Keogh especially. He seems incapable of damage limitation when he makes a mistake as it usually leads to a really poor outing. He seems to be able to recover pretty well game to game though which is something I suppose. Even if he never kicked a ball for us again he's already massively exceeded expectations. Clean sheets against Germany and Italy in our two biggest wins in nearly 25 years and another in the playoff against B&H is far more than I ever thought he would be involved in. It does scare me that a night like Tuesday might be just around the corner though.

tetsujin1979
22/09/2016, 10:05 AM
better teams than Derby are going to be made look foolish by Liverpool this season.

DeLorean
22/09/2016, 10:19 AM
That doesn't excuse the first goal (in particular) to be fair.

geysir
22/09/2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah, although regardless of the messenger that's shocking by Keogh especially. He seems incapable of damage limitation when he makes a mistake as it usually leads to a really poor outing. He seems to be able to recover pretty well game to game though which is something I suppose. Even if he never kicked a ball for us again he's already massively exceeded expectations. Clean sheets against Germany and Italy in our two biggest wins in nearly 25 years and another in the playoff against B&H is far more than I ever thought he would be involved in. It does scare me that a night like Tuesday might be just around the corner though.
It is our inescapable football dharma to live in fear of what could happen next on the field of play.

DeLorean
22/09/2016, 1:21 PM
Well that's true. In fairness to Keogh he's been the common denominator in those big wins/clean sheets I mentioned above. He had a different partner each time in O'Shea, Clark & Duffy. O'Shea and Clark didn't really work out in the Euros and Duffy was the much bigger culprit when things went wrong against France, on top his mistake against The Netherlands pre-tournament. It's fair to say Richie is there on merit.

TheOneWhoKnocks
22/09/2016, 1:43 PM
You must have loved that

Not really.

CraftyToePoke
22/09/2016, 2:22 PM
better teams than Derby are going to be made look foolish by Liverpool this season.

Yeah, but his moment in the lead up to their opener would need several of us on here needing counselling, if it happened in a green shirt.

TheOneWhoKnocks
24/09/2016, 2:45 PM
Conceded a penalty after a foul on Marvin Emnes, but Sam Gallagher missed it. Remains Derby 0-0 Blackburn.

DeLorean
27/12/2016, 6:48 PM
Played very well today despite himself and Pearce having little to do defensively. He played some really precise, forward passes into the feet of Derby's front players. It was Michael Carrick-like at times, there was often an easier pass available but he was brave enough to try to keep Derby on the front foot, which they were throughout. He also won the all important penalty after being wrestled by Michael Morrison from a corner.

It was his 95th consecutive Championship start and 7th home game in a row where Derby kept a clean sheet. A record for them.

Stephen Gleeson was playing the holding role for Birmingham, can't say he overly impresses me. I suppose he's functional but doesn't offer anything more, or even as good as what we have, granted I haven't seen a whole pile of him so might be a bit harsh. Hourihane got yet another quality assist for Barnsley yesterday, I'd definitely be more interested in his inclusion in our squads I think.

Our hot prospect Jutkiewicz barely got a kick up front, zero supply to be fair to him.

Stuttgart88
27/12/2016, 8:19 PM
Keogh must be playing well if TOWK hasn't posted about him for over 3 months.

OwlsFan
28/12/2016, 9:24 AM
I think TOWK is in High Dudgeon (a nice little village just north of Ballygobackwards) at most of his posts being contradicted and has disappeared for the moment. With Walters scoring, it might take a little longer than usual for him to come back. However, I do like his contributions as it would be a dull world if we all sang from the same hymn sheets.

DeLorean's summary of the game is quite accurate if slightly harsh on Gleeson. He is in a very average Birmingham side and with a lot of deadwood around him, it's hard to excel.

DeLorean
28/12/2016, 10:37 AM
Yeah you're probably right about Gleeson as he seems to be an important player for them. I was only speculating in the context of him making Ireland squads really. Birmingham aren't that bad though are they? They were only three points outside they playoffs before the latest fixtures and have scored as many goals as, say, Sheffield Wednesday. :) They were dire yesterday though.

OwlsFan
28/12/2016, 10:46 AM
Yeah you're probably right about Gleeson as he seems to be an important player for them. I was only speculating in the context of him making Ireland squads really. Birmingham aren't that bad though are they? They were only three points outside they playoffs before the latest fixtures and have scored as many goals as, say, Sheffield Wednesday. :) They were dire yesterday though.

The standard of the Championship wouldn't be that great to be honest having watched the Newcastle v Wednesday game on St. Stephen's Day. Newcastle are by common consensus the best team in it with the most famous manager and they were made to look very average to say the least. Birmingham are well short of that standard so what does that make them ? How much "football" was played in the Derby/Birm game ? Not a huge amount to be honest. It's an exciting league with a lot of big clubs trying to resurrect their former "glory days" but the standard ? Mind you that doesn't say much for the Premier League either with a lot of promoted teams managing to hang on up there except for those from non-football cities such as Hull.

DeLorean
28/12/2016, 10:54 AM
Yeah I wasn't really questioning the level of the Championship, more the potential for Gleeson to excel at a relatively competitive club within it. Hourihane is excelling in a big way at a club on the same number of points as Birmingham, Judge excelled at an average enough side in Brentford, etc. Granted Gleeson seems a more defensive type so won't generate the same kind of recognition.

DeLorean
07/01/2017, 10:03 PM
Bit of a howler for West Brom's goal today when he was closed down by James McClean. Great result for Derby though against a pretty much full strength West Brom side and Keogh had made a brilliant goal line clearance earlier in the game after a poor clearance from Scott Carson, which isn't shown below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2PpnnBCtyU&app=desktop

TheOneWhoKnocks
09/01/2017, 2:57 PM
Look into a mirror and say my name five times and I will appear criticising Richard Keogh.

"He didn't cover himself in glory for the second and third goals when Derby lost 3-0 to Norwich."

They call me Keoghdyman.

tetsujin1979
09/01/2017, 5:01 PM
nobody calls you that

SkStu
09/01/2017, 8:41 PM
Who de man?

Keoghdyman

TheOneWhoKnocks
23/01/2017, 4:02 PM
Balls.ie explore Steve McClaren's claim that Keogh is the best defender in the Championship.

https://www.balls.ie/football/richard-keogh-357337

Stuttgart88
23/01/2017, 4:13 PM
Crikey, does that pass for journalism?

paul_oshea
23/01/2017, 4:18 PM
Maybe in Australia.

SkStu
23/01/2017, 5:18 PM
Crikey, does that pass for journalism?

journalism is dead. :(

DeLorean
01/02/2017, 4:07 PM
100th consecutive league start for Keogh last night in a 3-0 win at Ipswich (their 42nd clean sheet in that run of games). The sequence doesn't seem to include the playoff semi finals against Hull last season (102 games - 43 clean sheets otherwise).

dcfc.co.uk (http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/keogh-hits-impressive-100-successive-league-starts-mark-3548816.aspx)

TheOneWhoKnocks
03/02/2017, 11:21 AM
Delaney, O'Shea, Ward and Meyler keeping clean sheets in the Premier League as well.

Good week for Irish defenders up and down the leagues.

tricky_colour
08/02/2017, 9:38 PM
decent dispslay v leicester..

geysir
09/02/2017, 4:45 PM
decent dispslay v leicester..
He's a proper pro and a great leader.

TheOneWhoKnocks
10/02/2017, 6:58 PM
Will Derby struggle to go up with Keogh in the team?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/talk-sport-derby-county-will-struggle-to-go-up-with-keogh-in-the-team/story-30126949-detail/story.html

DeLorean
10/02/2017, 7:17 PM
They'll struggle to go up regardless. Best defence in the division though, what a numbnuts.

tricky_colour
11/02/2017, 12:35 AM
Yea I don't think Keogh was much at fault there, more so the other defender who ended up on his backside, he should have closed him down, but that Demari or whatever
is a good player, I think they got him cheap ie about 1 million?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68ymmFtCHek

I'd say Keogh did his bit to hold him up the other defender should have closed the door so to speak but he just lollede around and ended up flat on his face.

CraftyToePoke
11/02/2017, 1:12 AM
I think they got him cheap ie about 1 million?

Gray ? Closer to 4 million I think.

TheOneWhoKnocks
11/02/2017, 2:17 PM
Joint second best defence in the division ATM.

They've conceded two against Bristol City so far.

TheOneWhoKnocks
11/02/2017, 2:41 PM
Derby losing 0-3 at home to Bristol City.

Something tells me they won't have the best defense in the division this time tomorrow.

DeLorean
11/02/2017, 2:44 PM
You going to post every time they concede a goal? Sad.

TheOneWhoKnocks
11/02/2017, 3:19 PM
Derby pull one back!

TheOneWhoKnocks
11/02/2017, 3:42 PM
3-3!

Heroic stuff from Keogh.

Charlie Darwin
11/02/2017, 4:00 PM
*Unsubscribe*