PDA

View Full Version : A few things.....

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Keen2win
01/01/2013, 1:46 PM
Just wondering when the AGM is?

Also, any chance of having a game against the Athlone fans this season? Was never involved in one, would love to see one happening this year though!?

Martinho II
01/01/2013, 7:35 PM
Just wondering when the AGM is?

Also, any chance of having a game against the Athlone fans this season? Was never involved in one, would love to see one happening this year though!?

Well keen2 win I know for a fact for last season that there was no AGM held... I havent heard any word as of yet but the supporters club are having theirs in the new year and there will be a few vacancies on the committee due to two bereavements and one resignation so any new blood gratefully appreciated..

Longfordian
01/01/2013, 8:00 PM
I'd imagine there'll be one in the coming weeks due to changes on the committee that were being talked about at the end of season dinner.

fitzpatrick10
04/01/2013, 3:59 AM
Well I was asked to get involved in the supports club committee this year at the dinner dance. It was said there would be a meeting after Christmas at some stage. Would love to get involved and have a few suggestions of simple things that could be done that may have been overlooked . . .
Social media
The Facebook and twitter page need a revamp(the website was done and fair play) I know it doesn’t sound like a big thing in the general scheme of things but I feel it’s something that costs nothing that can get potential returns.
The Facebook page isn’t updated much and isn’t really pushed, sec o set up a page and it is going strong, simple things like posting fixtures and general news. For example there were no photos of the Christmas club shop until I brought in my camera and uploaded them. Free advertising!!
Also feel that Facebook page could be used to drive in more support maybe with some “like and share “competitions etc. such as two free pass to next home game ... just an idea anyway could try it and see how it goes if it doesn’t work its not going to cost the club
Club merchandise
Back in the day there was always pictures in the club programme of the gear and prices, simply a few photos and prices on the web wouldn’t go a miss. (The pictures of the home and away jersey on Facebook/twitter are ones I took on a camera phone) it’s not a massive job but still would be nice to have the gear up on the web.
Young Supporters
It’s all about the supports and anything that has potential to get people out to games should be tried
I don’t know what the story is with ball boys we didn’t have them on a regular basis last season, it would be good to start it up again, don’t know if it ended for a certain reason...
Also what about the free passes with a paying adult that were given out in schools years back, maybe do that for the start of the season try and get a few out...

So yeah, that’s the main bits that came to mind at first so what’s your opinions /suggestions ??

Longfordian
04/01/2013, 10:19 AM
Some decent ideas there. Sometimes it's just a case of better coordination between the various people involved and making sure the information is provided to them. It's all voluntary of course and people are busy but some of those things could be improved alright.

Keen2win
04/01/2013, 10:52 AM
No offence, but I'd prefer to get involved with the club, as opposed to the supporters club! I'd help out with both, think it's time I started doing my bit!

Another idea, instead of a LTFC shop at xmas, the Town should have tried to get on to the GAA, and have a joint shop over the xmas period. Increased footfall, hopefully increased sales!

Longfordian
04/01/2013, 10:57 AM
The GAA would never go for that, I think they'd probably be actively discouraged from doing it even if they were in favour of it locally.

Keen2win
04/01/2013, 11:12 AM
You sure? Maybe not, wouldn't be any harm asking anyway!

L.T.F.C.
04/01/2013, 11:25 AM
**** the GAA.

That thing about tickets for free children with paying adults was done by Sorbothegreek I think. He did a few hundred and only two were handed in at the gate by people that would have been going anyway.

Longfordian
04/01/2013, 11:46 AM
**** the GAA.

That thing about tickets for free children with paying adults was done by Sorbothegreek I think. He did a few hundred and only two were handed in at the gate by people that would have been going anyway.

It's generally been the case when the club have run these promotions in previous years that it actually hurts the club financially as it just means those who are going anyway end up not paying in.

Martinho II
04/01/2013, 4:56 PM
Some great ideas there ethan. It should be ran past the club at the next AGM and the next supporters club AGM as it is very much a team effort. Longfordian and pauro did both facebook and twitter and are I am sure open to suggestions for improvements. Dont forget this has only being set up over the last year. In fairness to pauro it is not easy for him to do it when he is based in London but I am sure if there was more people that had access to both of those tools it would be of great help to pauro and longfordian..

Longfordian
04/01/2013, 5:04 PM
Yep, more than willing to share/hand over any limited duties I may or may not have :) , provided the club are ok with it obviously. I'm living and working in Dublin so I don't get down to Longford or make it to games as often as others might.

fitzpatrick10
04/01/2013, 6:10 PM
Yeah I understand people might not have time and that im not pointing fingers just thinking of realistic things I could help out with.id have no problem putting my name forward to help out with the computer side of it seeing as im in college and have alot of free time while studying haha...
Will you let me know when the dates for that meeting is announced , would like to go to it..

same keen2win, i would really like to get involved in some way this year thats if our ideas werent falling on deaf ears
Yeah I wasent sure about the passes, it was just an idea anyway...

Pauro 76
04/01/2013, 6:28 PM
Alright lads... As Marty mentioned, based in London, I'm happy to keep developing the website especially as there's going to be a fair bit of updating in the run up to the new season. Obviously difficult to get pics where Im based so reckon a good idea would be sending any crowd pics, etc. to myself at padraigstapleton@gmail.com or i might set up a special email address so people can send things to, if it's good quality, more than happy to put it in. Facebook page is being looked after by one of the guys but happy to leave the Twitter page to one of you Twitter savvy lads so can I concentrate on the main website.

Twitter: Recently did a new background with the relevant web addresses which hopefully you might find useful. One suggestion from myself, some live match updates on the day would be great if someone who goes to games regularly had the time to do it. Some clubs do similar, ExtraTime do a great one as well of course. Plus any relevant official news.

Website is open to suggestions as well! Was possibly thinking of a Fan Photos page. Merchandise page with prices etc, would be very very handy as well.

fitzpatrick10
04/01/2013, 6:38 PM
Was just talkin to L.T.F.C and we would both be happy to do the facebook and twitter page

Pauro 76
04/01/2013, 6:45 PM
Was just talkin to L.T.F.C and we would both be happy to do the facebook and twitter page

Good stuff! Is everyone else happy with that?

Longfordian
04/01/2013, 6:46 PM
Clear it with the club (sorbothegreek has been handling these matters, he has my details or if he pops on here he can confirm it) and I'll happily pass over the logins I have to ye. Obviously the club is accountable for anything put up on it so they need to be fully aware of who's doing it and have some control over it.

fitzpatrick10
04/01/2013, 6:47 PM
o also on a side note i was wondering who has the copy of the dvd that was played at the dinner dance of goals form the season.. want to get that up online and show off some of the talent form the season... maybe post it in build up to next season, tried to get it off the photographer but he said have to go through the club to get it

Pauro 76
04/01/2013, 7:58 PM
o also on a side note i was wondering who has the copy of the dvd that was played at the dinner dance of goals form the season.. want to get that up online and show off some of the talent form the season... maybe post it in build up to next season, tried to get it off the photographer but he said have to go through the club to get it

Not 100% sure if it's doable, but I could put the odd clip on the website. Maybe each Friday as a build up. Not sure if it's possible to do up, say a build up to a goal in a 30 second clip or something. Not brilliant on video software myself, but if someone on here knows... MP4 format might work, I'll have to look it up. :)

Keen2win
04/01/2013, 8:02 PM
Let me proof read any updates you do on the Facebook/Twitter pages now Fitzy, capital letters and punctuation are important :P

L.T.F.C.
04/01/2013, 8:14 PM
Wouldn't you be too busy swigging naggins?

Keen2win
04/01/2013, 9:43 PM
How many did you have this day?

http://www.sportsfile.com/id/272982/

Longfordian
04/01/2013, 11:09 PM
There were folks a fair bit older than him in tears or on the verge of tears that night, myself included. Truly the end of an era. But for the best in the long run really.

Cabs88
08/01/2013, 2:19 PM
Great upbeat thread this as stated above am willing to help out in some way if needs be. In the coming year it is hoped to see section O go from strength to strength. The past year was very productive, with increased support, banners, and a meeting spot located. We hope this will continue and improve next year with further developments.

Onwards and upwards!

fitzpatrick10
08/01/2013, 3:36 PM
have to say the Sec O facebook page is goin very well, gets alot of attention and reaches alot of people, could do with getin few photos of the support next season to show people its doin well and try and get them out to the games, as i found this year our away atmosphere was great! even when we had small number at the start of the season, it really grew abit towards the season , hope people come back this season and get behind the team..

Pauro 76
08/01/2013, 7:25 PM
Was thinking of putting up a Fanzone section on the website, basically it'll be pictures taken by the fans. Any good ones will go in!

outspoken
09/01/2013, 3:59 PM
I'll be providing stats and interviews for the website and match program again this season but if theres anything else I could get involved in I'd only be too happy to help. I agree that some pictures and videos would be great for the Section O page next season.

sorbothegreek
11/01/2013, 9:16 AM
Moving on from this and it was something that was actually in the pipeline anyway, how would you be for a meeting with some of the committee members in the coming weeks (definately before the start of the season)?
There isn't a set date for the AGM yet so anyone that wanted to get involved or bring their ideas to the table could do so. There are other somewhat less glamourous areas that we need help in also, selling lotto and stewarding matches and the like that come with the job that should be considered.
We're also looking for ideas for an event that might bring some of our younger supporters together pre-season and that didn't cost too much to run, so any ideas?

Anyone that has any ideas or would like to attend the proposed meeting can PM me their contact details and i'll pass them on the club secretary who'll arrange the meeting.

Cabs88
13/01/2013, 3:45 PM
Moving on from this and it was something that was actually in the pipeline anyway, how would you be for a meeting with some of the committee members in the coming weeks (definately before the start of the season)?
There isn't a set date for the AGM yet so anyone that wanted to get involved or bring their ideas to the table could do so. There are other somewhat less glamourous areas that we need help in also, selling lotto and stewarding matches and the like that come with the job that should be considered.
We're also looking for ideas for an event that might bring some of our younger supporters together pre-season and that didn't cost too much to run, so any ideas?

Anyone that has any ideas or would like to attend the proposed meeting can PM me their contact details and i'll pass them on the club secretary who'll arrange the meeting.

All sounds very good, its an area of the club that has been lacking somewhat, the liaison with the fans and it's something I would like to be kept informed with.

As for an event for the younger supporters, an open training session on a saturday before a pre season perhaps? Meet the players, photographs etc, penalty shoot outs.. wont cost much and if its linked in with the local schoolboys playing at half time of a pre season game it might be a cost effective way of getting new support. One thing that I feel has been badly missing of late (in a practical sense aswell) is ball boys/girls.. Its not a good idea for players to be hopping walls to retrieve footballs when they go out of play, so this is another area that can be looked at.

outspoken
14/01/2013, 5:31 PM
All sounds very good, its an area of the club that has been lacking somewhat, the liaison with the fans and it's something I would like to be kept informed with.

As for an event for the younger supporters, an open training session on a saturday before a pre season perhaps? Meet the players, photographs etc, penalty shoot outs.. wont cost much and if its linked in with the local schoolboys playing at half time of a pre season game it might be a cost effective way of getting new support. One thing that I feel has been badly missing of late (in a practical sense aswell) is ball boys/girls.. Its not a good idea for players to be hopping walls to retrieve footballs when they go out of play, so this is another area that can be looked at.

That sounds like a fantastic idea and if you could get just a few of those kids to join the red and black pack you could organise more events like that throughout the year.

Macy
15/01/2013, 8:57 AM
For those of us living away, a photo listing of stock, sizes and prices for the club shop on the website would be great. Obviously an online shop/ online ordering or postal ordering would be ideal, but even to know what was there beforehand that you could pick up at games would be an advantage.

Pauro 76
15/01/2013, 1:43 PM
For those of us living away, a photo listing of stock, sizes and prices for the club shop on the website would be great. Obviously an online shop/ online ordering or postal ordering would be ideal, but even to know what was there beforehand that you could pick up at games would be an advantage.

The online store is doable from my end of things. I can certainly set it up, but being based away from Longford, maintaining it will be awkward enough. But if anyone is up for the task, I'm sure new stock will be incoming over the next season due to change of sponsors. Who'd be normally in charge of stock levels?

Martinho II
15/01/2013, 5:31 PM
The online store is doable from my end of things. I can certainly set it up, but being based away from Longford, maintaining it will be awkward enough. But if anyone is up for the task, I'm sure new stock will be incoming over the next season due to change of sponsors. Who'd be normally in charge of stock levels?
pauro Paul Bayliss is the person in charge of merchandise. btw the Red and Black pack have disbanded..

Pauro 76
15/01/2013, 9:15 PM
Nice one Marty, I've taken the Red and Black Pack stuff off... What's the best way to contact him and see what stock he might be up for putting on the website?

outspoken
16/01/2013, 4:09 PM
btw the Red and Black pack have disbanded..

Well maybe thats something that could be looked at getting back on track, a childrens club is a great way to bring more kids out to games and like said above if kids are coming parents have to come too. All it takes is a few interested kids and before you know it they are bringing there mates along, would many of ye agree?

Martinho II
16/01/2013, 5:07 PM
Well maybe thats something that could be looked at getting back on track, a childrens club is a great way to bring more kids out to games and like said above if kids are coming parents have to come too. All it takes is a few interested kids and before you know it they are bringing there mates along, would many of ye agree?

I know from my tenure in the Red and Black Pack that load of children that were members went to the matches.. problems was with their parents who said that the red and black park can look after their kids for them and so nvr goin! . that was the problem i was afraid!
btw Pauro I will send u a txt with Paul Bayliss mob no as I dont want to publicise it ere!

Cabs88
23/01/2013, 8:06 PM
I know from my tenure in the Red and Black Pack that load of children that were members went to the matches.. problems was with their parents who said that the red and black park can look after their kids for them and so nvr goin! . that was the problem i was afraid!

Sure even if the parents didnt come in, what harm.. If parents let them go unsupervised at least they would spend money in the shop etc.. Should be about encouraging new supporters, and future life long supporters! Involve them as ball boys/ball girls

outspoken
24/01/2013, 4:48 PM
I hear Swansea have a good young ball boy up for grabs :)

Pauro 76
24/01/2013, 8:51 PM
Not sure who did this last year, but if someone is doing up the Town fixtures in Excel, can they send them to padraigstapleton@gmail.com, I'll stick them on the website, something like the following below! ta!

Date
Home
Away
Venue
KO
Result

L.T.F.C.
25/01/2013, 1:47 AM
It was me!

Pauro 76
25/01/2013, 5:19 AM
If you're doing the same this year, drop us an email and i'll stick them in over the weekend.. :)

Keen2win
30/01/2013, 1:21 PM
Just saw with Shamrock Rovers, they have an event up on facebook for every game!

Would be cool if the Longford Town facebook page could do the same? Could encourage more people to come out???

Longfordian
30/01/2013, 3:06 PM
Good idea that. I'm sure it can be done.

Keen2win
30/01/2013, 4:48 PM
Good idea that. I'm sure it can be done.

Yep, would be very easy!

nigel-harps1954
30/01/2013, 5:44 PM
Very easy, but usually largely ineffective. Harps done it for every home game last season.

Keen2win
30/01/2013, 6:04 PM
Well we are starting to get more younger people out, at least they will know a match is on if they see a friend or two sharing the event!

Plus it's an easy way to tell people to come to the pub before games too!

Macy
01/02/2013, 10:31 AM
Easy, free advertising.

Dodge
01/02/2013, 11:01 AM
Here's what Pats do;
http://www.facebook.com/stpatsfc#!/events/216139918510854/

Important for people to back it by inviting friends etc and sharing the event.

Pauro 76
01/02/2013, 2:03 PM
Here's what Pats do;
http://www.facebook.com/stpatsfc#!/events/216139918510854/

Important for people to back it by inviting friends etc and sharing the event.

Very good idea.

Have an idea for the website. Thinking of putting in a Fanzone section. Photo of the Week might be a good section, and whoever is judged Photo of the Week (not the best judges of photos myself so who's up for it?), their picture will feature (along with a credit) on the next home game's promotional posters, which I'll also put up as they come along. Thoughts?

Martinho II
01/02/2013, 5:08 PM
crackin idea podge well worth a go to generate Publicity for us