PDA

View Full Version : A few things.....

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Keen2win
25/02/2013, 11:51 AM
It's all up to you Marty, don't let us down.

L.T.F.C.
25/02/2013, 1:00 PM
Not Marty, the new supporters club should be up for it no?

Bosco
25/02/2013, 1:54 PM
What could realistically be done with it lads?I don't think it would fit in the clubhouse and even if it did I don't think it would be appropriate with new sponsors.If the club were to auction it off do you think there would be any interest?It could be a good idea to raise some money..

outspoken
25/02/2013, 2:02 PM
I dont think the new sponsors would care about 1 sign after all the new signs for CC will be all over the stadium this week so 1 piece of history in the club house isnt going to hurt them. I think bosco raises the main question, would it fit in the club house and would it look nice in there?

Bosco
25/02/2013, 2:17 PM
Lads of course the sponsors would mind. You can't accept all this money and sponsorship to change the stadium name and then just have the old name of the stadium on display at your ground. That's not how sponsorship works.

People are getting a bit too nostalgic about this, Flancare is a company name that were good enough to sponsor us all those years ago, the place wasn't always called Flancare, the same way it won't always be called City Calling Stadium....hopefully...

I think the best option would be to auction it off to raise money...not sure who would buy it though..

Keen2win
25/02/2013, 2:31 PM
Not Marty, the new supporters club should be up for it no?

I made the comment in jest.

Maybe a raffle as opposed to an auction? Throw it in with a season ticket, Ireland ticket, a jersey or two and a bottle of wine. Whoever wins it probably won't want it, it really is a big chunk of a sign, would it really fit in the clubhouse?

We have lots of sheds at home, give it to me if ye want, at least we will be able to put it up :)

howsyourtouch
25/02/2013, 5:31 PM
Lads of course the sponsors would mind. You can't accept all this money and sponsorship to change the stadium name and then just have the old name of the stadium on display at your ground. That's not how sponsorship works.

People are getting a bit too nostalgic about this, Flancare is a company name that were good enough to sponsor us all those years ago, the place wasn't always called Flancare, the same way it won't always be called City Calling Stadium....hopefully...

I think the best option would be to auction it off to raise money...not sure who would buy it though..

Spot on, sell itnfor scrap or something,will probably raise more money than an auction,at the end of the day it is still just an old sponsors advertisement! Never liked the name flancare park,remember when it was announced they would be renaming the ground to that it was met with a few eyebrows raised....mullolagher was always a much better name!

Martinho II
25/02/2013, 6:13 PM
I got in touch with Paddy Donnelly just now to voice our concerns. He has already arranged that the sign will be preserved and will be safe!

Cabs88
25/02/2013, 7:11 PM
to be honest agree completely with Bosco, at the end of the day Flancare were brilliant for us, but we have to move on.. City Calling Group have put in plenty of money and this will surely help secure the short term future of the club which is the important thing..

Pauro 76
04/03/2013, 9:06 AM
Right lads, any suggestions for the Fanzone/Section O section, email them to padraigstapleton@gmail.com... Also the online club shop might be tricky to set up (not so much online but for looking after stock and that, wonder would the club shop be up for that) but does anyone have details on the club shop prices and selling the new kits? Was thinking of putting pics of the kit etc online and leave an email address for anyone who wants to order via that...

Keen2win
04/03/2013, 9:41 AM
Set up an online donation thing for Section O to buy flags and shtuff, God only knows what rich American might have pity on us a throw us a few euro.

Honestly though, would it be hard to do? There is talk about getting a new flag or two, we could get a few donations from far afield, then put up pics to show them where their money is going!

L.T.F.C.
04/03/2013, 10:02 AM
Wouldn't be hard to do.

It would be far more hassle than it is worth though.

Pauro 76
04/03/2013, 10:29 AM
Wouldn't be hard to do.

Going to have a bit of a look this evening. I don't know a huge amount about PayPal workings. Not sure how well it'd work though.

Edit: Had a look, and it can be done. Likewise with the online club shop. If anyone wants to volunteer for looking after that one? Very useful addition but not sure if the club shop would want the extra work in reserving stock for the online store. I'm more than happy to set it up but won't be able to manage it....

Keen2win
04/03/2013, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't be hard to do.

As I said, you never know who is away and would be willing to give a bit of money.

L.T.F.C.
04/03/2013, 2:09 PM
As I said, you never know who is away and would be willing to give a bit of money.
Ok. Who administers the account? Who is willing to add their own bank account to the Paypal account? What if someone makes a mistake and gives €100 instead of €10?

And why should the money go for flags and ****e for Section O? Wouldn't the donations be better given to the club? I would hazard a guess at saying that more than €20 won't be given over the season.

L.T.F.C.
04/03/2013, 2:12 PM
Going to have a bit of a look this evening. I don't know a huge amount about PayPal workings. Not sure how well it'd work though.

Edit: Had a look, and it can be done. Likewise with the online club shop. If anyone wants to volunteer for looking after that one? Very useful addition but not sure if the club shop would want the extra work in reserving stock for the online store. I'm more than happy to set it up but won't be able to manage it....
I'm sure there are some good plugins that could cater for that.

Longfordian
04/03/2013, 2:34 PM
The online shop could be handy enough but it needs to be administered, at least partly, by one of the committee. The money received has to be transparent and someone has to physically get and post the gear. There could be delays in getting stock due to having to wait for a minimum order etc and all of that needs to be outlined before people place their order. It's something that needs to be brought up through official channels rather than just speculated about on here. Maybe if those on the Supporters Club committee are meeting with the club at any stage then it's something that could be brought up there. You can't start advertising anything without official authorisation anyway.

Pauro 76
04/03/2013, 3:05 PM
Ok. Who administers the account? Who is willing to add their own bank account to the Paypal account? What if someone makes a mistake and gives €100 instead of €10?

And why should the money go for flags and ****e for Section O? Wouldn't the donations be better given to the club? I would hazard a guess at saying that more than €20 won't be given over the season.

I take your point on that one. Apart from the ****e for Section O bit which some of us might take issue with. I reckon fundraising for Section O would be best via fanzines and the likes, but that's just me.

The online shop could be handy enough but it needs to be administered, at least partly, by one of the committee. The money received has to be transparent and someone has to physically get and post the gear. There could be delays in getting stock due to having to wait for a minimum order etc and all of that needs to be outlined before people place their order. It's something that needs to be brought up through official channels rather than just speculated about on here. Maybe if those on the Supporters Club committee are meeting with the club at any stage then it's something that could be brought up there. You can't start advertising anything without official authorisation anyway.

Wasn't aware of the amount of work that'll be needed for that. Any of these ideas mentioned on here, could be mentioned to the committee and whatever they're happy with to go forward with, I'm happy to go ahead on.

L.T.F.C.
04/03/2013, 4:22 PM
Would you rather flags and "stuff"? Which is how it was meant.

Anyway the point is that it would be pointless, and more hassle than it is worth.

Would Section O not set up their own site?

sorbothegreek
04/03/2013, 7:19 PM
Pretty much as Longfordian said, best not get ahead of yourselves on here before the other elements are in place as regards on line shop. With regards to a fanzone/section o page on the site, it's been discussed with the lads what we can do and the procedure for doing it.

Cabs88
04/03/2013, 9:25 PM
Would Section O not set up their own site?

Why should they not be included in the main site? Section O have made huge effort over the years in improving the atmosphere at games and supporting the team the length and breadth of Ireland and abroad. We have used social media as a way of encouraging new supporters to attend and arrange meet ups before games. I think it's only right that they get some recognition on the main site..

L.T.F.C.
04/03/2013, 10:42 PM
I never said they shouldn't get recognition on the main site. I'm also not denying the value in the work they do.

I'm saying if Section O set up their own site, you can have all the donation pages on it or whatever you like. I'll even design the site for you if you wanted it that badly.
I do think that a Fanzone section on the site would be better and more inclusive rather than a Section O page though.

Bosco
05/03/2013, 8:09 AM
Not sure about a donations page for flags really,as someone said it would be a good bit of work and I cant really imagine anyone donating money specifically for flags, I cant really see even just a normal donations page to the club working either, if anyone really wanted to give money to the club from abroad it's not hard to see the sponsorship section on the page as it is. If these section o meetings go to plan we'll be talking about fundraising for flags and stuff as well as fundraising for the club..

Pauro 76
05/03/2013, 9:38 AM
OK, fanzone page I'll have before the end of the week...

Yeah, donations page I'll skip. So far, pics from fans will go in, a short piece on Section O and any ongoing news, anything else?

Bosco
05/03/2013, 9:53 AM
Pauro do you want to put maybe a shortened version of what I wrote about Section O membership in the other thread?

fitzpatrick10
05/03/2013, 10:38 AM
just on a side note, ever any mention of linkin up with other fans from a differnt club, i know waterford are linked with a crowd in denmark i think it is

Pauro 76
05/03/2013, 1:16 PM
just on a side note, ever any mention of linkin up with other fans from a differnt club, i know waterford are linked with a crowd in denmark i think it is

Plus Drogs and Trabzonspor... As for us... Oh that's Nice.

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/ogc-nice-home-away-shirts-1213_16021

Martinho II
05/03/2013, 6:57 PM
maybe in fanzone pauro put in lyrics of songs that we sing in section o ie like we did in our fanzine a few yrs back.

Keen2win
09/03/2013, 3:56 PM
So can we set up an event for the upcoming home game?

If I'm made a moderator for the Longford Town F.C. facebook page I don't mind doing it for the matches!

Pauro 76
10/03/2013, 9:08 AM
maybe in fanzone pauro put in lyrics of songs that we sing in section o ie like we did in our fanzine a few yrs back.

I probably won't put in the lyrics, everyone probably knows them anyway. Plus on the off-chance someone, somewhere might get offended. :-)

Bosco
10/03/2013, 12:34 PM
You'd be suprised the amount of people who dont know the words to songs,even over in section O i've heard people singing along to songs in completely different words than everyone else is!Not sure if some of the songs would be appropriate for the club website mind you!On the subject of chants I've come up with one for Roddy and our dear friends in Athlone for the coming season...

"Oh Roddy is a ******, he wears a ******'s hat,
He tried to come to Longford but we weren't having that,
He went to Monaghan United, he ran them to the ground,
AND WE ALL JUST CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HE ****S UP ATHLONE TOWN"

Martinho II
10/03/2013, 3:48 PM
promising effort bosco!!I like it!;)

Pauro 76
11/03/2013, 8:38 AM
http://ltfc.ie/index.php/fanzone/downloads/

Downloads section with poster for the next home game, right here!

Acornvilla
11/03/2013, 10:31 AM
Something I noticed.

http://ltfc.ie/index.php/category/sponsorship-packages/

''Sign in Flancare Park:€700 (small) €1500 (Large)

Advertising space in Flancare Park for all league and cup games for the duration of the 2012 season.''

Should probably be changed to 2013 I'm guessing.

Pauro 76
11/03/2013, 12:07 PM
Something I noticed.

http://ltfc.ie/index.php/category/sponsorship-packages/

''Sign in Flancare Park:

€700 (small) €1500 (Large)

Advertising space in Flancare Park for all league and cup games for the duration of the 2012 season.''

Should probably be changed to 2013 I'm guessing.

Hey Sorbo, want to change this one in case the prices have changed?

sorbothegreek
11/03/2013, 12:35 PM
Hey Sorbo, want to change this one in case the prices have changed?

Will do, i don't think there's been any change though..

Martinho II
11/03/2013, 10:53 PM
pauro that poster for the Waterford game has a 7.45 ko that is not right!

Pauro 76
12/03/2013, 12:35 PM
pauro that poster for the Waterford game has a 7.45 ko that is not right!

Ah sh!te, you're right. I'll change that later on...

Longfordian
12/03/2013, 6:16 PM
Right lads, a facebook event has been set up for the match as suggested, get posting on the page, sharing and inviting etc. Whatever you crazy kids want to do..

fitzpatrick10
14/03/2013, 6:44 PM
just noticed the squad pic and bio on ltfc.ie hasent been uptaded and chris deans is down twice ...

Pauro 76
14/03/2013, 8:39 PM
just noticed the squad pic and bio on ltfc.ie hasent been uptaded and chris deans is down twice ...

Meant to get onto that, I'll be fixing that one up over next few days. I don't have info on a few players, once I do, it'll be up!

Bosco
16/03/2013, 1:07 PM
New Section O twitter page for anyone interested lads @section_0_ltfc

Martinho II
16/03/2013, 3:29 PM
New Section O twitter page for anyone interested lads @section_0_ltfc

when I try and do a search for this on twitter I get the following message;

No people results for @section_0_ltfc.

Acornvilla
16/03/2013, 3:45 PM
its a lower case o. Just click this link.

https://twitter.com/section_o_ltfc

While we're talking about the auld twitter, how many of you lot are on it so I can follow you and hurl internet abuse?

Martinho II
16/03/2013, 4:01 PM
its a lower case o. Just click this link.

https://twitter.com/section_o_ltfc

While we're talking about the auld twitter, how many of you lot are on it so I can follow you and hurl internet abuse?

I am on it Barry!

outspoken
17/03/2013, 12:17 PM
Think you already follow me Barry

Acornvilla
17/03/2013, 1:50 PM
Sure, tell everyone my name why don't ye! :D

We could put the links of interesting town fans twitters in the same topic where we link players, make a post with a list of each.

Pauro 76
17/03/2013, 6:59 PM
Follow me on @padrageous there lads!

L.T.F.C.
17/03/2013, 11:05 PM
I would love if this was played when the teams come out onto the pitch! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHVJVQzHv5Q&t=390s

L.T.F.C.
20/03/2013, 11:28 AM
I looked into it last year, and I want to say it again!

I would happily edit footage from the game into few highlights. Would be a nice addition to the site, facebook page, and clubhouse.