PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

kalyani
19/09/2011, 2:46 PM
How come bennis not in goals..

Bennis was away for the weekend i heard and so was Darren O Sullivan.Fairview have a lot of injuries dont they terrible bad luck at the moment but good to see young lads coming in and doing well. they wont have them every sunday if the minors are playing there own match i would imagine.

prawnsandwich2
19/09/2011, 3:00 PM
Bennis was away for the weekend i heard and so was Darren O Sullivan.Fairview have a lot of injuries dont they terrible bad luck at the moment but good to see young lads coming in and doing well. they wont have them every sunday if the minors are playing there own match i would imagine.

don't think ian will get in ahead of ryan.
looking at the fixtures for next week,i see the munster "youth" cup is on.
what age group is that these days????
if it's the under 19's then fairview could be missing a lot of players for the MJC match against summerville

fifty50
19/09/2011, 5:08 PM
don't think ian will get in ahead of ryan.
looking at the fixtures for next week,i see the munster "youth" cup is on.
what age group is that these days????
if it's the under 19's then fairview could be missing a lot of players for the MJC match against summerville

youths is for lads born in 94 u19 is for the 93s

Fairkop
19/09/2011, 8:29 PM
enjoyed the boro v pike encounter,in the end easy win for pike who were by no means at their best.boro poor enough though had a good spell i thought in the first half.enright best player on the pitch,and moloney not far behind.not too sure about this ref,boro surely should have had a pen in the first half.i missed the pike pen incident but lads near me said it was harsh.

swinfordfc
19/09/2011, 8:33 PM
who would be the top sides in mayo these days??
just on reputation the iorrais and castlebar tie looks the big clash no??

Yes that is the big clash in round 2 ..... winners of this match and ballina town and westport utd will be mayo teams that will go into open draw in round 5

nosebleds
19/09/2011, 10:49 PM
`labour card...the point i am making is that it's only the first round.
glamour tie,admittedly,but you can't(or should'nt)vary the price of the first round game based on who you are playing.
let's face it,if they were playing a div.4 side would they have charged a fiver???
remember this is not a critisism of the boro...it's for all the clubs who up their prices on that basis
rember both teams, the price had nothing to do with both team F A I were on the gate so where do u go from there.

magicman
20/09/2011, 3:21 AM
Yeah, let's be realistic. Boro are charging a fiver and Hill Celtic charging 3? Look at the difference in playing facilities? Maybe Hill Celtic should charge the extra 2 euro and their pitch will be as good- that's not a dig at HC either. I'm just making the point the Boro put so much work into an absolutely brilliant playing surface, then I cant see the problem with paying 5 euro.

magicman
20/09/2011, 3:23 AM
rember both teams, the price had nothing to do with both team F A I were on the gate so where do u go from there.

The Fai dont come onto the gate until the QF onwards I think. Any charges before that stage are of the clubs doing.As Jofspring said, Abbey v Coonagh was free. FAI cant pick and choose which games they would want control of the gate- even if they wanted to

prawnsandwich2
20/09/2011, 7:06 AM
The Fai dont come onto the gate until the QF onwards I think. Any charges before that stage are of the clubs doing.As Jofspring said, Abbey v Coonagh was free. FAI cant pick and choose which games they would want control of the gate- even if they wanted to

that is correct...anyway back to soccer

prawnsandwich2
20/09/2011, 7:08 AM
Yes that is the big clash in round 2 ..... winners of this match and ballina town and westport utd will be mayo teams that will go into open draw in round 5

is mayo still a summer league?
if so do you not think it is a disadvantage to teams there in respect of the FAI junior cup?

mrman
20/09/2011, 8:14 AM
I think €5 is reasionable for the standard of the 2 teams, dont really know what people are moaning about

nononsense
20/09/2011, 9:07 AM
I think €5 is reasionable for the standard of the 2 teams, dont really know what people are moaning about

Totally agree. Well said.

Football MaD
20/09/2011, 9:18 AM

dont most teams charge at the gate for premier games anyway so dont know what all the fuss is about.

cufc champions
20/09/2011, 10:14 AM
dont most teams charge at the gate for premier games anyway so dont know what all the fuss is about.
Yeah in Carrick its 3 euro per league game and a 5r for the out of town stages of the FAI and Munster Junior Cups. The referee and linesman cost have to be coveres and also if a team is travelling distance, food afterwards needs to be sorted for them.

hoops38
20/09/2011, 12:00 PM
please remind me how much was the addmission for last years clash between Pike and Fairview... also kids with their parent(s) were free of charge.

correct leather,we always charge a fiver for what we would call bigger games,i went in with my daughter yesterday and i wasnt charged for her,also all you have to do is look at the facilities boro provide to see where money is going

hoops38
20/09/2011, 12:12 PM
lads can someone confirm for me who is actually the boro manager,they had at least 4 fellas roaring and shouting at players last sunday,shane was like someone on the catwalk,daithi was like danny mills scratching his head and braddish and browne were like 2 foghorns roaring at players

hotspur
20/09/2011, 12:43 PM
lads can someone confirm for me who is actually the boro manager,they had at least 4 fellas roaring and shouting at players last sunday,shane was like someone on the catwalk,daithi was like danny mills scratching his head and braddish and browne were like 2 foghorns roaring at players

I think Daithi is the manager, shane is assistant, braddish looks after team affairs and browne is the club physio, i know i will get knocked back on this but i think Braddish should be manager.

cufc champions
20/09/2011, 1:06 PM
What consists of looking after team affairs???

blinkx
20/09/2011, 1:28 PM
What consists of looking after team affairs???

I'd imagine Kit man or something along those lines.

hoops38
20/09/2011, 1:32 PM
I think Daithi is the manager, shane is assistant, braddish looks after team affairs and browne is the club physio, i know i will get knocked back on this but i think Braddish should be manager.

well braddish seemed to be calling the shots last sunday anyway,i understand what your saying about lads positions above but is there a need for the roaring and shouting at players if your only looking after team affairs and a physio,

cufc champions
20/09/2011, 1:41 PM
I'd imagine Kit man or something along those lines.
I was thinking that, bit over the top in the job title though like calling a binman a waste disposal technician.

passandmove
20/09/2011, 4:00 PM
A dreadful result for all connected with wembley on sunday,hats off to hill celtic who fully deserved to win but for a premier team to be well beaten by a 2b outfit is not good.Im not sure where we go from here but our lads need to have a serious look at themselves,best of luck to hill celtic in the next round.

hotspur
20/09/2011, 4:22 PM
It was a bad result i still think if ye regroup ye will stay up but wembley cant afford to lose anymore ground.

swinfordfc
20/09/2011, 4:45 PM
is mayo still a summer league?
if so do you not think it is a disadvantage to teams there in respect of the FAI junior cup?

Yes it is a summer league and yes it is a disadvantage but i prefer a summer league especially with the weather we are getting now at winter ..... 2 months of snow!

nononsense
20/09/2011, 5:23 PM
Nice to see 'cufc champions' on thread. Miss your contributions on Waterford League. How is it going? Saw on Daily Star Waterford Crystal beaten in F.A.I. Junior cup. Was this a surprise? Apart from Carrick Utd who are the teams to watch out for? As I say really miss you. Could you keep us up to date on Waterford?

balls
20/09/2011, 8:41 PM
tramore are favourates for waterford premier this season and are a decent outside bet for mjc or fai in my opinion. carrick are a team in transition but still a decent outfit. this weekend carrick play tramore in league should be a cracker

cufc champions
21/09/2011, 6:29 AM
Nice to see 'cufc champions' on thread. Miss your contributions on Waterford League. How is it going? Saw on Daily Star Waterford Crystal beaten in F.A.I. Junior cup. Was this a surprise? Apart from Carrick Utd who are the teams to watch out for? As I say really miss you. Could you keep us up to date on Waterford?
Ah Thanks you have me blushing.
Crystal being beaten is no real surprise, they have lost a few players and their star striker Quilty has signed for Tramore, St Saviors are going well and any team that gets an away to them willl be in for a serious battle. As said by Balls, Tramore are a good outfit and have went down the recruitment line to try and compete with Carrick, they played Saviors last Sunday week with only 4 Tramore locals in their starting eleven. They are very strong and could go close in the FAI. Carrick are away to Tramore on Saturday @ 7pm promises to be a cracker, Our new signing from Cyrstal Conor Fell is suspeneded for being sent off where as I think Quilty is suspended for Tramore. If you give them time to pass the ball around they will pick you off at will so hopefully we close down their space.
As for being a team in transition we have lost a few players to retirments but we have only dropped two points in 5 games conceding a late late fluke goal to Villa in the 1st game of the season, since then our performances have being slowly coming together.

prawnsandwich2
21/09/2011, 7:11 AM
Yes it is a summer league and yes it is a disadvantage but i prefer a summer league especially with the weather we are getting now at winter ..... 2 months of snow!

that's a valid point,weather wise.
how does it work out for family holidays etc.
i know it's an amateur game,but it must get affected by lads going missing for a few weeks during the season.
here in limerick(premier league anyway),we have over a third of the games played already.
they have switched the divisional cup to being played under lights at a neutral venue which clears up another couple of sundays for league matches to go ahead.
i know it must be great to play football in good weather,but would still prefer it in the winter league format myself.
would also like to agree with "nononsense" as regards more contributions for the various leagues around the country.
keep us informed,in particular about FAI games

Round Tower
21/09/2011, 8:37 AM
that's a valid point,weather wise.
how does it work out for family holidays etc.
i know it's an amateur game,but it must get affected by lads going missing for a few weeks during the season.
here in limerick(premier league anyway),we have over a third of the games played already.
they have switched the divisional cup to being played under lights at a neutral venue which clears up another couple of sundays for league matches to go ahead.
i know it must be great to play football in good weather,but would still prefer it in the winter league format myself.
would also like to agree with "nononsense" as regards more contributions for the various leagues around the country.
keep us informed,in particular about FAI games

Normaly there is a 2 week break end of July begining of August and finished the leagues early to mid September so holidays are normaly fixed around these dates.

Aldo
25/09/2011, 9:38 AM
Saturday 24-09-2011 Result
Umbro FAI Junior Cup 1st Round
Shannon Olympic(Clare) 1 Castleisland(Kerry) 3 – Mike Hanafin, Aidan O’Callaghan and Ross Cronin.

Aldo
25/09/2011, 12:38 PM
Sunday 25-09-2011 Result
Umbro FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round
Classic FC (Kerry) 3 Killarney Celtic(Kerry) 1 , Classic scorers Alan Sanker, Tommy Sheridan, Gary Lynch. Killarney Scorer Stephen Hayes.

mastermind1
25/09/2011, 1:24 PM
Avenue united were given a walkover today. Any 1 know why inter kenmare couldn't play?

Aldo
25/09/2011, 7:46 PM
Updated FAI JUNIOR CUP DRAW AFTER 1st Round

Kerry/Clare/Desmond League
Round1
Shannon Olympic (Clare) 1-3 Castleisland FC (Kerry)
Dingle Bay Rovers FC (Kerry) 2-0 Corofin Harps fc(Clare), (Dingle recieved walkover)
Glin Rovers FC (Desmond) 3-1 Bridge Utd (Clare)
Listowel Celtic (Kerry) 1-0 Tulla Utd (Clare)
Mastergeeha Rgs (Kerry) 0-1 Abbeyfeale Utd (Desmond)
Avenue Utd(Clare) 2-0 Inter Kenmare FC(Kerry), (Avenue recieved walkover)
Bridge Celtic (Clare) 0-5 Broadford Utd (Desmond)

Round 2
St Brendans Park (Kerry) v Broadford Utd (Desmond)
Ruan Utd (Clare) v Spa Road Celtic (Kerry)
Avenue Utd (Clare) v Burren Utd (Clare)
Rathkeale FC (Desmond) v Castleisland FC (Kerry)
Newcastle West Rovers (Desmond) v Connolly Celtic (Clare)
Classic FC (Kerry) 3-1 Killarney Celtic (Kerry)
Adare Utd (Desmond) v Dingle Bay Rovers (Kerry)
Coole FC (Clare) v Newcastle West FC (Desmond)
Ballingarry FC (Desmond) v Listowel Celtic (Kerry)
Manus Celtic (Clare) v Lifford FC (Clare)
Newmarket Celtic (Clare) v Glin Rovers (Desmond)
Ennis Town Rock(Clare) v CSKA Tralee (Kerry)
Abbeyfeale FC (Desmond) v Tralee Dynamos (Kerry)
Bunratty Cratloe (Clare) v Sporting Ennistymon (Clare)
Ringmahon Rgs v Tralee Celtic (Kerry)
Kilkishen Celtic (Clare) v Shannonside FC (Desmond)

ROUND 1 17TH/18TH SEPTEMBER 2011
ROUND 2 15TH/16TH OCTOBER 2011

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 7:56 AM
Sunday 25-09-2011 Result
Umbro FAI Junior Cup 2nd Round
Classic FC (Kerry) 3 Killarney Celtic(Kerry) 1 , Classic scorers Alan Sanker, Tommy Sheridan, Gary Lynch. Killarney Scorer Stephen Hayes.

was this a bit of a shock??
thought killarney were one of the stronger sides in kerry.
no disrespect intended to classic

Aldo
26/09/2011, 8:11 AM
was this a bit of a shock??
thought killarney were one of the stronger sides in kerry.
no disrespect intended to classic

Yes this would be considered a big shock. Classic are a division below Killarney after being relegated last season , while Killarney are the premier champions. Apparently Killarney had all the possession but failed to create any clear chances . Fair play to classic for believing in them selves . That is killarney's 3rd defeat this season in 8 matches from all competitions .

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 8:21 AM
Yes this would be considered a big shock. Classic are a division below Killarney after being relegated last season , while Killarney are the premier champions. Apparently Killarney had all the possession but failed to create any clear chances . Fair play to classic for believing in them selves . That is killarney's 3rd defeat this season in 8 matches from all competitions .

that's cup football for you.
congrats to classic...what happened with inter-kenmare??
never showed up for the match against avenue apparently

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 10:05 AM
regional v fairview on sunday should be a good one.
'view lost at home to regional in the league this year....
very hard to call....

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 10:18 AM
Normaly there is a 2 week break end of July begining of August and finished the leagues early to mid September so holidays are normaly fixed around these dates.

was the FAI played in mayo last weekend???

theboywonder8
26/09/2011, 10:55 AM
regional v fairview on sunday should be a good one.
'view lost at home to regional in the league this year....
very hard to call....

Is it not mj again next weekend,tough one in that as well,kilmallock.

thomas72
26/09/2011, 11:02 AM
Is it not mj again next weekend,tough one in that as well,kilmallock.

I think there Is only one MJC game on next week pike v balla.

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 11:10 AM
I think there Is only one MJC game on next week pike v balla.

correct,and thats on in the afternoon.
almost all the FAI matches are on at 10.30.
could be wrong,but i think it is the tie of the round

Round Tower
26/09/2011, 11:49 AM
was the FAI played in mayo last weekend???

Yes, http://foot.ie/threads/156053-FAI-Junior-Cup-2011-12/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by swinfordfc http://foot.ie/threads/156053-FAI-Junior-Cup-2011-12/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://foot.ie/threads/156053-FAI-Junior-Cup-2011-12/showthread.php?p=1534453#post1534453)
Round 2 Mayo Section

Ballina Town v Moy Villa FC
Ballyvarry Blue Bombers v Charlestown Ath.
Claremorris FC v Ballyheane FC
Partry Ath v Ballinrobe Town FC
Killala FC v Newport Town
Iorras Aonaithe FC v Castlebar Celtic
Kilkmore v Urlaur Utd
Swinford FC v Manulla FC
Hollister FC v Bangor Hibs
Ballyhaunis Town v Mulranny Utd
Westport Utd v Snugboro FC
Straide & Foxford Utd v Clew Bay Utd.

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 11:54 AM
Yes, http://foot.ie/threads/156053-FAI-Junior-Cup-2011-12/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by swinfordfc http://foot.ie/threads/156053-FAI-Junior-Cup-2011-12/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://foot.ie/threads/156053-FAI-Junior-Cup-2011-12/showthread.php?p=1534453#post1534453)
Round 2 Mayo Section

Ballina Town v Moy Villa FC
Ballyvarry Blue Bombers v Charlestown Ath.
Claremorris FC v Ballyheane FC
Partry Ath v Ballinrobe Town FC
Killala FC v Newport Town
Iorras Aonaithe FC v Castlebar Celtic
Kilkmore v Urlaur Utd
Swinford FC v Manulla FC
Hollister FC v Bangor Hibs
Ballyhaunis Town v Mulranny Utd
Westport Utd v Snugboro FC
Straide & Foxford Utd v Clew Bay Utd.

grand job...you might post the results next week.
hopefully fairview will still be in it!!!!

Aldo
26/09/2011, 1:40 PM
that's cup football for you.
congrats to classic...what happened with inter-kenmare??
never showed up for the match against avenue apparently
Have no idea why they didn't travel , dingle bay rovers received a walk over from corofin harps also

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 1:53 PM
Have no idea why they didn't travel , dingle bay rovers received a walk over from corofin harps also

should never have entered the comp. if that's the case.
it demeans the trophy really.

hotspur
26/09/2011, 2:35 PM
fairview to win 4nil i dont think regional are up to much.

prawnsandwich2
26/09/2011, 2:57 PM
fairview to win 4nil i dont think regional are up to much.

yeah right

hotspur
26/09/2011, 3:07 PM
yeah right

regional are poor i think the fairview experience will take over

Round Tower
26/09/2011, 3:12 PM
grand job...you might post the results next week.
hopefully fairview will still be in it!!!!

Round 2 here in Mayo is not fixed next week i think it could be 15-16 of October for 2nd round.

Aanother
27/09/2011, 1:14 PM
regional are poor i think the fairview experience will take over

Yea Regional were poor when they beat ye 3 weeks ago up in the fairgreen