PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23

buddygeary23
04/03/2012, 9:02 PM
Right job. And the clonmel celtic wagon keeps rolling on :)

blinkx
04/03/2012, 10:44 PM
As a Pike person I'd just like to wish Clonmel Celtic the very best for the remainder of the FAI Junior Cup. They were clearly the better side today and deserved the win.

No questions re the Pike Lineup today either, probably the strongest lineup he could have put out.

prawnsandwich2
05/03/2012, 6:37 AM
huge loss for pike.
out of the big two...winning the premier league is not going to be any reward for the team that has been assembled up there...think you will see some of them go to league of ireland now.

prawnsandwich2
05/03/2012, 6:39 AM
huge loss for pike.
out of the big two...winning the premier league is not going to be any reward for the team that has been assembled up there...think you will see some of them go to league of ireland now.
apologies to the boro..personally i think they are too far ahead to be caught

booster 03
05/03/2012, 6:56 AM
[QUOTE=prawnsandwich2;1579899]huge loss for pike.
apologies to the boro..personally i think they are too far ahead to be caught[/QUOTE

hard luck pike

theboywonder8
05/03/2012, 9:13 AM
excellent match report there boywonder ;) bad defeat at home for the ex holders

Traumatised old git,clonmel are a decent side,maguire and barnes does terrible damage,i think personally they will get to the final,and good luck to them,the only team left outside the pale,they had huge support in pike yesterday.they might do what the other crowd in green and white couldnt do.where will they play kilbarrack,cooke pk or cahir?

prawnsandwich2
05/03/2012, 9:32 AM
heard the free kick for clonmel was a screamer.
i fancied the boro in the munster junior up until yesterday,but clonmel are in with a big shout,particularly with home advantage.heard their keeper made a few clangers in particular.

theboywonder8
05/03/2012, 9:50 AM
heard the free kick for clonmel was a screamer.
i fancied the boro in the munster junior up until yesterday,but clonmel are in with a big shout,particularly with home advantage.heard their keeper made a few clangers in particular.

Was a screamer ya,ya he dropped a few alright,but he's a good keeper,they'll give the boro plenty,will be a good game,theyre on a nice little roll now and they'll have huge support.

theboywonder8
05/03/2012, 9:51 AM
Just for you old git,

FAI Junior Cup holders Pike Rovers crashed out of this season’s competition when they went under 3-2 to Clonmel Celtic at the Pike Club on Sunday afternoon.

It was the second time in just over two weeks that the Tipperary side got the better of Rovers having beaten them 1-0 in the Munster Junior Cup a couple of weeks back.

Pike fell two goals behind in the first half and changed their shape to three at the back.

Pike had a chance to open the scoring in the first minute when John Tierney crossed from the right but Jeffrey Judge, racing in at the back post, was unable to get the required touch to move goalwards.

After 15 minutes Eoin Hanrahan took possession unmarked 20 yards from goal but was unable to put his effort beyond the reach of keeper Kenrick.

Three minutes later Colm Enright as harshly adjudged to of fouled outside the penalty area.

Graham Doyle took a short a short free kick to Kevin waters and the midfielder fired an unstoppable 20 yard shot that gave Gary Neville no chance as it nestled in the top corner of the net.

Seven minutes from the break slack marking in the Pike defence allowed Waters in on goal. Gary Neville made a good block but from the follow on play Evan McGuire was impeded in the area and from the resulting spot kick Simon Scully doubled the Clonmel lead.

Pike upped the tempo after the restart and fought their way back into the game when Eoin Hanrahan’s free kick from the left touch line found it’s way to the net.

Pike’s joy was short lived as the visitors regained their two goal advantage three minutes later when Evan McGuire’s shot was deflected by Sean Kelly past an already committed Gary Neville.

Alan Barry was introduced and had an immediate impact when he dispossessed Kendrick on the end line and centred for Judge to tap in.

The visitors were livid claiming the ball had been knocked out of the keepers hands but the Referee insisted the goal was legal.

With 15 minutes to play Pat Mullins delivered a free kick into the area.

Kendrick came to collect and slipped but luckily for him Scully read the danger and got back to head off the line.

Pike really had only one other chance of note in the final couple of minutes when Kelly delivered to the back post where Alan Barry lost his marker but his headed effort was saved by the keeper.

PIKE ROVERS - Gary Neville; John Boyle; Stephen Kelly; Pat Mullins; Colm Enright; John Tierney; Jeffery Judge; Conor Kavanagh; Eoin Hanrahan; Pat Moloney; Dave Ryan. Subs: Alan Barry

CLONMEL CELTIC - Kieran Kendrick, Darren Burns, Mark Power, Simon Scully, Craig Condon, John Casey, Kevin Waters, Evan McGuire, Stephen Ryan, Graham Doyle, Dwayne Burns

Hollywood Hogan
05/03/2012, 11:05 AM
Pikes sfrongest 11, alan barry is one of the best centre forwards in town. Also pike went to 3 at the
Back. 4-4-2 has served them so well

prawnsandwich2
05/03/2012, 11:15 AM
Just for you old git,

FAI Junior Cup holders Pike Rovers crashed out of this season’s competition when they went under 3-2 to Clonmel Celtic at the Pike Club on Sunday afternoon.

It was the second time in just over two weeks that the Tipperary side got the better of Rovers having beaten them 1-0 in the Munster Junior Cup a couple of weeks back.

Pike fell two goals behind in the first half and changed their shape to three at the back.

Pike had a chance to open the scoring in the first minute when John Tierney crossed from the right but Jeffrey Judge, racing in at the back post, was unable to get the required touch to move goalwards.

After 15 minutes Eoin Hanrahan took possession unmarked 20 yards from goal but was unable to put his effort beyond the reach of keeper Kenrick.

Three minutes later Colm Enright as harshly adjudged to of fouled outside the penalty area.

Graham Doyle took a short a short free kick to Kevin waters and the midfielder fired an unstoppable 20 yard shot that gave Gary Neville no chance as it nestled in the top corner of the net.

Seven minutes from the break slack marking in the Pike defence allowed Waters in on goal. Gary Neville made a good block but from the follow on play Evan McGuire was impeded in the area and from the resulting spot kick Simon Scully doubled the Clonmel lead.

Pike upped the tempo after the restart and fought their way back into the game when Eoin Hanrahan’s free kick from the left touch line found it’s way to the net.

Pike’s joy was short lived as the visitors regained their two goal advantage three minutes later when Evan McGuire’s shot was deflected by Sean Kelly past an already committed Gary Neville.

Alan Barry was introduced and had an immediate impact when he dispossessed Kendrick on the end line and centred for Judge to tap in.

The visitors were livid claiming the ball had been knocked out of the keepers hands but the Referee insisted the goal was legal.

Kendrick came to collect and slipped but luckily for him Scully read the danger and got back to head off the line.

Pike really had only one other chance of note in the final couple of minutes when Kelly delivered to the back post where Alan Barry lost his marker but his headed effort was saved by the keeper.

PIKE ROVERS - Gary Neville; John Boyle; Stephen Kelly; Pat Mullins; Colm Enright; John Tierney; Jeffery Judge; Conor Kavanagh; Eoin Hanrahan; Pat Moloney; Dave Ryan. Subs: Alan Barry

CLONMEL CELTIC - Kieran Kendrick, Darren Burns, Mark Power, Simon Scully, Craig Condon, John Casey, Kevin Waters, Evan McGuire, Stephen Ryan, Graham Doyle, Dwayne Burns
who was the other(unused)subs for pike

prawnsandwich2
05/03/2012, 11:35 AM
Pikes sfrongest 11, alan barry is one of the best centre forwards in town. Also pike went to 3 at the
Back. 4-4-2 has served them so well
barry and moloney have been the best partnership in the last few years in the premier.
maybe barry was carrying a knock of some sort,but then again he did come on

republican
05/03/2012, 1:01 PM
lads said id post on fai page so everyone could see. coming to the end of season again and was looking at some league tables from diff lges in munster in particular and its striking how uncompetitive most lges are at the top end of lges, janesboro and pike well ahead in limerick, st michaels in tipperary carrick and tramore in waterford etc. so just an opinion what would people think about say forming a munster 'super lge' if you like whe you have for example a 10 team lge with say
pike
janesboro
st michaels fc
clonmel town
carrick
tramore
avenue
killarney
fairview
and also representatives from each other junior lge to say make up two leagues of 1o teams a 1st and 2nd div.
i think it would be great to see those games every week instead of only in latter stages of cups, also would attract huge crowds to games which would cover teams travelling expenses, would increase quality of teams/clubs, also would not effect fai or munster junior cup as teams could still enter both and clubs could play their reserve teams in tsdl, limk lge, waterford lge etc. i think something similar is done in germany. ( sorry if i didnt mention anyones club was simply using above clubs as examples) what would ye think lads? i think it would work for sure.

booster 03
05/03/2012, 2:08 PM
lads said id post on fai page so everyone could see. coming to the end of season again and was looking at some league tables from diff lges in munster in particular and its striking how uncompetitive most lges are at the top end of lges, janesboro and pike well ahead in limerick, st michaels in tipperary carrick and tramore in waterford etc. so just an opinion what would people think about say forming a munster 'super lge' if you like whe you have for example a 10 team lge with say
pike
janesboro
st michaels fc
clonmel town
carrick
tramore
avenue
killarney
fairview
and also representatives from each other junior lge to say make up two leagues of 1o teams a 1st and 2nd div.
i think it would be great to see those games every week instead of only in latter stages of cups, also would attract huge crowds to games which would cover teams travelling expenses, would increase quality of teams/clubs, also would not effect fai or munster junior cup as teams could still enter both and clubs could play their reserve teams in tsdl, limk lge, waterford lge etc. i think something similar is done in germany. ( sorry if i didnt mention anyones club was simply using above clubs as examples) what would ye think lads? i think it would work for sure.

good theory but something like this will never happen.

LegendStriker10
05/03/2012, 6:29 PM
pike
janesboro
st michaels fc
clonmel town
carrick
tramore
avenue
killarney
fairview

A good idea in theory but in a way is that not what Division 1 of the LOI is for?

Junior Football needs to remain junior football, with the local element attached.

Clubs can go through different stages of form with different squads, as is only normal in any amatuer sport.

eg. Clonmel Town have been strong last 3/4 years, and now Celtic have become the form team. Janesboro are pushing Pike all the way this year seemingly, whereas they would not have featured in your list 2/3 years ago. In Clare, Newmarket Celtic dropped something like 4 points in their league campaign last year and seem strong again this year, after having a poor year or two before that.

As well as that, teams getting promoted from 1A and the likes deserve their chance to compete with the bigger teams mentioned above and make it all the more worthwhile when they claim a scalp, as happens from time to time.

nononsense
05/03/2012, 7:06 PM
Sheriff Utd 4/5
Clonmel Celtic 5/2
Ballymun Utd 9/2
Kilbarrack Utd 7/1

old git
05/03/2012, 9:10 PM
Just for you old git,

fair play boywonder and understand your disapointment but thats football for you unfortunatly you can only have one winner, but i'm sure pike will regroup and push on for rest of season and i'm sure already planning to bring back fai trophy to limerick for next season .

Draper
05/03/2012, 10:24 PM
pike
janesboro
st michaels fc
clonmel town
carrick
tramore
avenue
killarney
fairview
Certainly a nice idea Republican but unfortunately it surely wont happen, the FAI arent exactly a proactive bunch are they?
Also you gotta think of the other small clubs left behind in their local leagues, t'would be a little like the Scottish premier if the the Old Firm went to England (which is absurd I know but just giving the analogy)
But ertainly I'd vote for it, high profile games are great.

Longshanks
06/03/2012, 3:16 PM
fair enough to delete my quoted message of what had to be a WUM

theboywonder8
06/03/2012, 4:03 PM
fair enough to delete my quoted message of what had to be a WUM

I presume that's a wind up merchant??

KUFCMan
06/03/2012, 5:44 PM
Full Draw FAI Senior Cup

Crumlin V Kilbararck
Kildrum V Clonmel
Douglas Hall V Killester
Phoenix V Lucan
Malahide V College Corinthians
Avondale V Sheriff YC
C Orchard V Verona
Ballymun V Mayfield

BYES
ST Pats Cy
Blarney
Everton
Drumkeen

Roberto
06/03/2012, 6:02 PM
Full Draw FAI Senior Cup

Crumlin V Kilbararck
Kildrum V Clonmel
Douglas Hall V Killester
Phoenix V Lucan
Malahide V College Corinthians
Avondale V Sheriff YC
C Orchard V Verona
Ballymun V Mayfield

BYES
ST Pats Cy
Blarney
Everton
Drumkeen

Greetings KUFC, Where are Kildrum from? Please don't say Donegal

ponyobrien
06/03/2012, 7:43 PM
Greetings KUFC, Where are Kildrum from? Please don't say Donegal

Kildrum Tigers FC is a soccer club based in Dundee, St Johnston, Co.Donegal.

Black and Red
06/03/2012, 7:50 PM
anyone know if its true that pike have an objection gone in against clonmel ??

Black and Red
06/03/2012, 8:10 PM
i heard it was a genuine case over a fella was supposes to be suspended for d game

ponyobrien
06/03/2012, 8:19 PM
i heard it was a genuine case over a fella was supposes to be suspended for d game

No Celtic player was suspended for that game

KUFCMan
06/03/2012, 9:12 PM
SEMI FINAL FIXTURE

Clonmel Celtic V Kilbarrack Utd
Cooke Park
Sat 7th April,5.00PM

Roberto
06/03/2012, 9:27 PM
anyone know if its true that pike have an objection gone in against clonmel ??

Do Pike seriously think we would play an illegal player in the quarter final of the FAI Junior Cup. Give us a bit of credit.

Roberto
06/03/2012, 9:33 PM
It's true, but they are grasping at straws. A Clonmel Town man has been lying to them.

I find it hard to believe that Town would stoop so low. Can anyone from Pike or Limerick shed any light on this?

theboywonder8
06/03/2012, 9:49 PM
I find it hard to believe that Town would stoop so low. Can anyone from Pike or Limerick shed any light on this?

There has been no objection lodged against clonmel celtic,rumours flying around limerick about a player,questions being asked how many games suspension he received,it looks like he only received 2 because thats all he served.

Roberto
07/03/2012, 6:54 AM
There has been no objection lodged against clonmel celtic,rumours flying around limerick about a player,questions being asked how many games suspension he received,it looks like he only received 2 because thats all he served.

And that would be correct. He missed MJC game against Pike and then a league game against Cashel so hopefully that is the end of it. The conspiracy theorists can take a break now.

ponyobrien
07/03/2012, 7:09 AM
And that would be correct. He missed MJC game against Pike and then a league game against Cashel so hopefully that is the end of it. The conspiracy theorists can take a break now.

All this after the abuse Pike Rovers hurled at St. Michaels for the same thing a couple of years ago. Very short memories, but thankfully we didn't make the stupid mistake of playing an ineligible player.

Longshanks
07/03/2012, 8:29 AM
I presume that's a wind up merchant??

spot on

nononsense
07/03/2012, 9:22 AM
I am glad to hear there has been no objection lodged and we can look forward to a great occasion at Cooke Park on Easter Saturday April 7th. There is alway a great atmosphere at Cooke Park on big occasions. Is there a date fixed for that game in Donegal? Heard rumour about April 1st but surely Clonmel Celtic not expected to go there six days before the big one.

ponyobrien
07/03/2012, 10:09 AM
I am glad to hear there has been no objection lodged and we can look forward to a great occasion at Cooke Park on Easter Saturday April 7th. There is alway a great atmosphere at Cooke Park on big occasions. Is there a date fixed for that game in Donegal? Heard rumour about April 1st but surely Clonmel Celtic not expected to go there six days before the big one.

No objection yet. They made an enquiry to the FAI who passed it on to the MFA.

FAI Senior cup is fixed for 1st April.

theboywonder8
07/03/2012, 11:30 AM
No objection yet. They made an enquiry to the FAI who passed it on to the MFA.

FAI Senior cup is fixed for 1st April.

There is no objection being lodged,and there is no point bringing up st michaels fiasco again for crying out loud,best of luck to clonmel for remainder of the competition,pike were quiet entitled to find out how many matches the player involved was suspended for,now that should be the end of it.

theboywonder8
07/03/2012, 2:46 PM
i was speaking to a Pike rovers officer.they have no objection against clonmel celtic.all within pike rovers wish celtic the very best of luck in the semi final of the fai.lets just put it to bed now

Well said hightackle,time to move on from it.

prawnsandwich2
07/03/2012, 4:00 PM
i was speaking to a Pike rovers officer.they have no objection against clonmel celtic.all within pike rovers wish celtic the very best of luck in the semi final of the fai.lets just put it to bed now

welcome back....any sign of hotspur??

theboywonder8
07/03/2012, 6:34 PM
ya i think they are in north london.

Haha,now prawn,how will ye fare out against nenagh do you reckon?

prawnsandwich2
08/03/2012, 7:01 AM
Haha,now prawn,how will ye fare out against nenagh do you reckon?
think we will win to be honest...although the fact that we have an under 19 match that morninf (which i cannot understand) does not help matters.
as you probably know,there are a good few from that squad now involved with the A panel.
home advantage is a big plus,so hopefully we will progress.

theboywonder8
08/03/2012, 8:52 AM
think we will win to be honest...although the fact that we have an under 19 match that morninf (which i cannot understand) does not help matters.
as you probably know,there are a good few from that squad now involved with the A panel.
home advantage is a big plus,so hopefully we will progress.

Thats the fix sec now for you,its helping the clubs he should be not hindering them,a law onto himself he is.but he will still be re-elected come what may,baffles me,

junior_foot
08/03/2012, 12:46 PM
welcome back....any sign of hotspur??

Prawn, any idea to started or esculated this rumour regarding Clonmel Celtic and an illeagl player...

prawnsandwich2
08/03/2012, 4:03 PM
none whatsoever...
first i heard of it was on here..
just to clarify,am a fairview supporter so would have no knowledge or interest in any aspect of this.
only reading what was on this site

junior_foot
08/03/2012, 4:22 PM
none whatsoever...
first i heard of it was on here..
just to clarify,am a fairview supporter so would have no knowledge or interest in any aspect of this.
only reading what was on this site

So as predictions go...
sheriff yc to beat the mun, celtic to beat kilbarrack
boro to upset Celtic at home in the munster.

Any odds on these games?

prawnsandwich2
09/03/2012, 9:29 AM
So as predictions go...

Any odds on these games?
celtic are 7/5 boro 6/4
view are 4/6 nenagh 3/1

both on this sunday

Roberto
09/03/2012, 2:46 PM
So as predictions go...

Any odds on these games?

Going by prawn's odds Boro beating Celtic would not be considered too big of an upset as there appears to be very little between them. I'm going stick my neck out and go for an extra time or penalty shoot out win for Celtic!

ponyobrien
09/03/2012, 2:51 PM
Going by prawn's odds Boro beating Celtic would not be considered too big of an upset as there appears to be very little between them. I'm going stick my neck out and go for an extra time or penalty shoot out win for Celtic!

They are Paddy Power's odds.

prawnsandwich2
09/03/2012, 3:30 PM
They are Paddy Power's odds.
that is correct...would not like to call the clonmel and boro match...both teams in great form at the moment

KnowItAll
11/03/2012, 10:49 PM
Just wondering what all you guys think of the disgraceful, unsporting behaviour from the Sheriff Club that has just come to light today. You know when you are playing a team from another league and may never play them again so the usual thing is to give the opposing team a token before the game, especially a small team from a league that probably will never win the cup but just want to enjoy playing one of the so called "big teams". Now, I know that does not always happen, which is fine but if a club give you a token, the least you could do is keep the token and take it back to dublin. Today, almost 2 months or so after the game, an underage player from the club was looking for a football that had gone into a few trees beside the pitch and found the token that they had given to Sheriff. They didn't even have the decency to take it back with them and even throw it away up there. An absolute disgrace, what kind of message does that give to young fellows playing football, that young lad sees probably one of the strongest junior clubs in Ireland behave like that. The club and in particular the person who threw that away should be ashamed of themselves, they have let themselves, their league and the very idea of sportsmanship down. The only thing I can hope for is that karma will play its part and Sheriff don't win the cup. Shame on you sheriff. So those clubs who will take Sheriff on from now on in any cup competition, don't waste your money on a gesture because they will probably throw it away the minute your back is turned. Pity, Good side, poor sportsmen.

badker
12/03/2012, 2:07 AM
Not from sheriff, but i'm sure that it wasnt on purpose. Whoever was made responsible for it on the day wasnt right. But with mascots and capts (who have other things on their mind) cant cast a whole club like that. Your newspaper like title is is a disgrace as well. Who are you to blacken any clubs name? Let alone Sheriffs. A good club. If their is a real issue go about in the right manner, through your club. Who did you report this 2?