PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

junior_foot
12/03/2012, 7:54 AM
that is correct...would not like to call the clonmel and boro match...both teams in great form at the moment

Was at the Celtic Boro game yesterday... Boro were a well organised outfit and will take some beating in the MJC, tough game in the next round though. It was unusual for Celtic to have a bad day at the office, especially at the backs. If anyone knows... Who was the little number 7 for Boro yesterday, excellent game, and dragged Celtic defence all over the place... Great to see the another excellent MJC game.

KnowItAll
12/03/2012, 11:06 AM
What do you mean badker, not on purpose, they threw it over a fence into a bunch of trees, did it accidentally slip out of the persons hand or something. I agree with you it is the person who did it let the club down, i said that, but i'd like to know who was put in charge of it, usually the captain gives it to the manager who may give it to a club official so it probably passed through a few high ranking people within the club. I'm not trying to blacken any clubs name, probably 99% of the clubmen are very professional and sportsmanlike, but that is seriously poor sportsmanship from whoever it was, it shows total lack of respect for another junior club and their league. Yes , we have reported it to our club so don't know what they'll do with it. Granted, the headline was very sensationalist but thats what causes debate and gets topics noticed and I feel that this is a very serious topic.

Nesta
12/03/2012, 11:06 AM
Was at the Celtic Boro game yesterday... Boro were a well organised outfit and will take some beating in the MJC, tough game in the next round though. It was unusual for Celtic to have a bad day at the office, especially at the backs. If anyone knows... Who was the little number 7 for Boro yesterday, excellent game, and dragged Celtic defence all over the place... Great to see the another excellent MJC game.

Didn't see the game, but at a guess I'd say Shane Walters. Wide on the right? Top player alright.

theboywonder8
12/03/2012, 5:58 PM

Shane Waters,has the draw being made?

Hollywood Hogan
12/03/2012, 10:35 PM
From reports on here and speaking to people at the games both broadford n fairview were unlucky and both feel they should have won. It looks between boro and tramore for trophy. Boro apparently played nenagh in a friendly 2 months ago and gave them a trimming. Not sure if either side were at full strength that day

KUFCMan
30/03/2012, 1:07 PM
FAI JUNIOR CUP SEMI FINALS

Sat 7th April - Cooke Park Tipperary-5.00PM

8-11 Clonmel Celtic.5-2 Draw.3-1 Kilbarrack Utd

Sun 8th April- AUL Complex Dublin-2.00PM

4-7 Sheriff YC .5-2 Draw.4-1 Ballymun

Boyles Betting

A big crowd expected to travel to Tipperary from Kilbarrack and a huge crowd expected in Dublin the following day!

Longshanks
02/04/2012, 8:59 AM
Best of luck KUFCMan, hope you enjoy yer day in the sticks ;-)

junior_foot
04/04/2012, 7:47 AM
Best of luck to all teams this weekend in the FAI Junior... Rooting for Celtic, great achievement to reach a semi of the biggest junior soccer competition in Europe after only 9 years existance.

balls
04/04/2012, 9:28 AM
Did sheriff put out a full strength side against avondale last sunday in fai senior i didnt see either sides teamsheet

brownetube
04/04/2012, 3:10 PM
Yea sheriff had a full side out, it was just 1 of those games sheriff mustv had 10 gud chances in the whole game, and how they went in 2-1 down at half time is beond me avondale must hav been in yc half twice and scored from sill mistakes. Have to say how avondale get away playing on tat pitch is a discrace the the corner flag is 2 ft from the barrier imposible to take a decent corner, and there was no football played watsoever pitch was unplayable dont tink iv ever seen a pitch as bad as tat in april. Avondale grinded out the result, but im sure if ull ask any1 tat was at match theyll tell u they wer very lucky. First time iv seen avondale playing and from hearing a lot about them over the years there the best team in cork, one of the best in inter football, they must be in a tranision period cause the team i watched were poor.

jpmoose
04/04/2012, 8:53 PM
Hello lads
as a nutural supporter from tipperary i wish clonmel celtic all the best in the semi final and hopefully they can bring the cup back to tipperary.. pony o brien talks alot of crap on this but im sure he has no involvement with the club. also i heard the clonmel celtic team is drinking mad after each game surely they can be a bit more respectful for the younger member of the club.
Best of luck saturday. i shall be there do the county proud

theboywonder8
04/04/2012, 9:40 PM
Yea sheriff had a full side out, it was just 1 of those games sheriff mustv had 10 gud chances in the whole game, and how they went in 2-1 down at half time is beond me avondale must hav been in yc half twice and scored from sill mistakes. Have to say how avondale get away playing on tat pitch is a discrace the the corner flag is 2 ft from the barrier imposible to take a decent corner, and there was no football played watsoever pitch was unplayable dont tink iv ever seen a pitch as bad as tat in april. Avondale grinded out the result, but im sure if ull ask any1 tat was at match theyll tell u they wer very lucky. First time iv seen avondale playing and from hearing a lot about them over the years there the best team in cork, one of the best in inter football, they must be in a tranision period cause the team i watched were poor.

Pike also played them last year in sen fai on that pitch and I have to agree with you it is very poor,ye were in cork yereselves the same day,think ye were playing Corinthians or maybe it was Douglas hall,not too sure.

brownetube
04/04/2012, 11:04 PM
Yea we wer playing college corinthians that day, they actually had a nice set up good club house anol, can remember seeing the pike maneger there himself having a spy ha, it mustv worked use beat use the following sunday. Hav to say its a bit silly having an fai senior game on the week b4 a junoir semi tats 2 years in a row now, no matter wat ur gona hav 1 eye on the junior semis.

Roberto
05/04/2012, 8:15 AM
Hello lads
as a nutural supporter from tipperary i wish clonmel celtic all the best in the semi final and hopefully they can bring the cup back to tipperary.. pony o brien talks alot of crap on this but im sure he has no involvement with the club. also i heard the clonmel celtic team is drinking mad after each game surely they can be a bit more respectful for the younger member of the club.
Best of luck saturday. i shall be there do the county proud

'Drinking mad after each game' is a bit ott. Like most players they have a few pints after a game and considering the sacrifices they make and the work they put in every week and the big pressure games they are playing I think they are well entitled to have a few after a game on Sunday. Come Tuesday again they knuckle down and put in a lot of effort. Junior Players are amateurs remember.

jpmoose
05/04/2012, 2:46 PM
From what i hear they are in the pub mondays and tuesdays after everygame. of course they are entitled to a few drinks and are not pros after all. it might only be a rumour. it would be a shame to throw away the fai over a bit of drinking. anything but that trophy going to the dublin teams would be brilliant. ye have a great setup down there its a credit to ye. if yer players can keep the head i.e mcguire and burns then ye should do the biz. also the manager k,oshea needs to keep the head hes only back from a ban and could easily flip over a decision or something. i take it roberto you are part of the setupo down there ?

cufc champions
05/04/2012, 6:27 PM
Jaysus they were out celebrating getting to their first ever fai semi finals, some of the sessions Carrick had after FAI games were unreal. In 2008 the craic went on until Tuesday, we stopped traffic around Carrick beg on the Monday by signing and dancing on the crossroad.
I hope they win Saturday and have a right cut at the weekend, these celebrations are the pay back for staying in every Saturday night for 9-10 months a year.

balls
05/04/2012, 6:46 PM
Jaysus they were out celebrating getting to their first ever fai semi finals, some of the sessions Carrick had after FAI games were unreal. In 2008 the craic went on until Tuesday, we stopped traffic around Carrick beg on the Monday by signing and dancing on the crossroad.
I hope they win Saturday and have a right cut at the weekend, these celebrations are the pay back for staying in every Saturday night for 9-10 months a year.

couldnt agree more with ya. these lads stay in almost every saturday night from august to may and someone has a pop about lads going out on the raz after big fai games get a grip. also the earlier comment from jpmoose is harsh on pony o brien. Pony has been posting on the tsdl forum for years and i always felt he contributed well.

KUFCMan
06/04/2012, 3:11 PM
Were optimistic ,and bringing a big crowd with us to Tipperary to play a decent Clonmel Celtic team.We will give it our best shot on the day .All 4 teams were beaten in Senior Cup last weekend.We rested a few that had knocks and Im sure the other 3 teams did as well,but having said that we had some clear chances in losing 0-1 to Crumlin last Friday.We warmed up with a 2-0 home win over Seaview in the League last Tuesday(in baltic conditions) so were in fine fettle and a fully fit squad to boot.

UP THE KILLYER

Roberto
06/04/2012, 6:58 PM
From what i hear they are in the pub mondays and tuesdays after everygame. of course they are entitled to a few drinks and are not pros after all. it might only be a rumour. it would be a shame to throw away the fai over a bit of drinking. anything but that trophy going to the dublin teams would be brilliant. ye have a great setup down there its a credit to ye. if yer players can keep the head i.e mcguire and burns then ye should do the biz. also the manager k,oshea needs to keep the head hes only back from a ban and could easily flip over a decision or something. i take it roberto you are part of the setupo down there ?

I'm their dietician and Kenny O'Shea's mind coach!

theboywonder8
06/04/2012, 7:00 PM
Lads there's nothing wrong celebrating with pints after big games,players put enough of effort during the week so deserve their bit of chilling out,they can't be doing much wrong if they can beat the FAI champions twice in a matter of weeks,and one of those was on Pikes home ground.Good luck to both teams on sat night I'm sure it will be a great occasion for both teams,what time is kick off by the way lads.Oh I forgot to mention they also beat the so called unbeatable Saints in MJ.

Fairkop
06/04/2012, 9:43 PM
best of luck to clonmel celtic sat night,having watched both their recent games v pike one can have no doubt they will be well prepared and give their all.their victory over the recent fai champions in the pike field was well merited,though it must be said they were helped in no small measure by the bizzare decisions made on the pike sideline,the workrate of this celtic team is one to be admired,with home advantage they could create their own bit of history.

oldlegs
06/04/2012, 10:58 PM

Was at that match too good game of ball Avondale without 5 first team starters to be honest though Sheriff played some good football at times impressed with yere 2 strikers nice touchs etc also yere number 5 played c mid fine player whats story with cards and reds in that game ? do they effect anyone ie in yere own league etc or are the bans for that cup only ?

balls
07/04/2012, 12:14 PM
Best of luck to clonmel celtic today

KUFCMan
07/04/2012, 4:37 PM
LATEST

Clonmel Celtic 0-1 KUFC
Scorer Aaron Humphries

KUFCMan
07/04/2012, 5:27 PM
Latest

Clonmel Celtic 0-2 KUFC
Scorer Jon Maleady

KUFCMan
07/04/2012, 5:50 PM
LATEST

Clonmel Celtic 1-2 KUFC

KUFCMan
07/04/2012, 5:57 PM
RESULT

Clonmel Celtic 1-2 KUFC

balls
07/04/2012, 6:18 PM
congratulations KUFCMan great win. Cooke Park becoming abit of a graveyard for tsdl teams in fai semis. thats celtic, town and peake who have lost fai semis there in past decade

nononsense
07/04/2012, 6:41 PM
congratulations KUFCMan great win. Cooke Park becoming abit of a graveyard for tsdl teams in fai semis. thats celtic, town and peake who have lost fai semis there in past decade
Clonmel Celtic had no luck. Were the better team. Should have been two up inside opening twenty minutes. Kilbarrack used the ball well and took their two chances. They were out on their feet in last quarter hour with Celtic pulling one back and throwing the kitchen sink at them including hitting the upright. Ten minutes injury time played, justifiably so, but Celtic just couldn't get that equaliser. Must say Cooke Park looked immaculate.

republican
07/04/2012, 10:29 PM
Clonmel Celtic had no luck. Were the better team. Should have been two up inside opening twenty minutes. Kilbarrack used the ball well and took their two chances. They were out on their feet in last quarter hour with Celtic pulling one back and throwing the kitchen sink at them including hitting the upright. Ten minutes injury time played, justifiably so, but Celtic just couldn't get that equaliser. Must say Cooke Park looked immaculate.

would have to disagree with you there nononsense i think the better team on the night won apart from last maybe 15mins where kilbarrack sat back. celtic could easily have leveled for a finish they had a great chance from a corner. celtic played nowhere near the level they can and i think roberto and pony will agree. they have had a great run done the tsdl and their club proud and can hold their heads high. they will be gutted tommorrow but but as the saying goes you have to lose 1 to win 1 the team is young enough and next year will be back around in no time.

KUFCMan
08/04/2012, 11:16 AM
Clonmel could have been 2 up after 10 minutes but we then settled and took control of the game .We scored twice and then missed a one on one to make it 3 nil.Its only natural that Clonmel would come at us then .They threw everything at us but we handled it well.I never seen 10 minutes put up by the 4th official in my life and yes it was nerve racking for us but we held firm and probably deserved the victory on the night.
Its a great achievement for our small club especially playing away in the semi final.We had some session in our local last nite and it will last til Tuesday when we play Baldoyle in League.Clonmel are a decent team and best of luck to them for rest of season.

Roberto
08/04/2012, 1:50 PM
Clonmel could have been 2 up after 10 minutes but we then settled and took control of the game .We scored twice and then missed a one on one to make it 3 nil.Its only natural that Clonmel would come at us then .They threw everything at us but we handled it well.I never seen 10 minutes put up by the 4th official in my life and yes it was nerve racking for us but we held firm and probably deserved the victory on the night.
Its a great achievement for our small club especially playing away in the semi final.We had some session in our local last nite and it will last til Tuesday when we play Baldoyle in League.Clonmel are a decent team and best of luck to them for rest of season.

'Control of the game'?? Don't know what game you were watching as Celtic had much more possession. The reason why there was 10 extra minutes was because of the annoying distasteful time wasting of your players. I thought your keeper was seriously hurt when he collapsed only to be diving around minutes later and then another of your players gets injured off the field and rolls back on the pitch for treatment. No need for that carry on. If I was a neutral supporter last night I know which team I would prefer to watch every week.

Anyway you are a well organised outfit and I can see why you don't conceed much. Best of luck in the final.

KUFCMan
08/04/2012, 2:14 PM
Our centre forward who ran yous ragged all game and was everyones man of the match is out injured for maybe 2 weeks after he came off injured.Any team that is 2-0 and 2-1 up would run the time down.As I said before Ive never seen 10 minutes on any board but .Our 2nd goalscorer is also out injured so they wernt feigning injury.Weve 2 league games this week and a LFA Junior Cup game next Sunday and both are out for all 3 games!!!!!!!!!!

KUFCMan
08/04/2012, 2:51 PM
LATEST

Sheriff YC 1-0 Ballymun

theboywonder8
08/04/2012, 3:07 PM
'Control of the game'?? Don't know what game you were watching as Celtic had much more possession. The reason why there was 10 extra minutes was because of the annoying distasteful time wasting of your players. I thought your keeper was seriously hurt when he collapsed only to be diving around minutes later and then another of your players gets injured off the field and rolls back on the pitch for treatment. No need for that carry on. If I was a neutral supporter last night I know which team I would prefer to watch every week.

Anyway you are a well organised outfit and I can see why you don't conceed much. Best of luck in the final.
Time wasting or feigning injury as you call it is part and parcel of the game,most teams if not all do it,Best of luck to Kilbarrack in their 1st junior cup final appearance,will be a great occasion for yere club,and also Celtic who have a decent side there and now know how hard it is to get to junior cup final,it's been a decent year for ye,an all pale final finally,they're trying hard for it for a while,time now for the Munster teams to knuckle down and retrieve that FAI next year and I'm sure they will especially the Limerick and Tipp teams.

KUFCMan
08/04/2012, 4:07 PM
LATEST

Sheriff YC 3-0 Ballymun

balls
08/04/2012, 4:22 PM
All dublin final. cue huge front page spread on target supplement in the daily star tuesday :)

junior_foot
09/04/2012, 10:20 AM
LATEST

Sheriff YC 3-0 Ballymun

Well done to KUFC and Sheriff... Regarding the 10 minutes added time at the end of the Celtic game,i think it is fully justified. KUFC had a few injuries and a few "pretenders"... In fairness, KUFC went down with cramp for 6+ minutes, and was perfect after the "special" water... 10 minutes were fully justified in my opinion

Redman028
09/04/2012, 10:24 AM
10 mins Stoppage time wasnt enough ... what really P##sed me off was some of the Kilbarrack fans singing about Clonmel and Tipp people been Inbred and all sorts , There is no defending that crap , What a bunch of classy people ...

Roberto
09/04/2012, 10:56 AM
You should just ignore that redman and don't let it bother you. Every club has their share of airheads.

Galla
10/04/2012, 10:21 AM
Tough luck on Celtic on Saturday. Felt they were the better team but credit to KU for their work rate and organisation. Thought it was a good game with Cooke Park again shown as a perfect location for matches of this level and higher. It was just one of those nights for Celtic where 'what might have beens' were going to be the big story. Wonder what the story would have been if Celtic had scored from their quickly taken restart after KU had scored their second which left Kevin Waters 1 on 1 with the keeper. The ref would have felt some heat then - fair play to him for the 10 mins injury time - not many refs have the neck to call it in those situations. Paul Kennedy was unlucky too with his brilliant scissors kick effort (shades of Kevin Waters (I think) overhead kick which hit the crossbar against Fairview for 'Town at the same end also in FAI semi a few years ago).

Pity for Celtic not to have any trophies to show for their great cup runs but sure that shows the value in actually winning one - hopefully next year will see them push on. (Good luck to KU in final)

Longshanks
12/04/2012, 11:38 AM
All dublin final. cue huge front page spread on target supplement in the daily star tuesday :)

If Sherriff win it they will be the third different Dublin club to win it in the last 6 years.......

balls
12/04/2012, 2:04 PM
If Sherriff win it they will be the third different Dublin club to win it in the last 6 years.......

Are you sure you didnt mean to say If Kilbarrack win they will be the third different Dublin club to win it in the last 6 years :)

Was just having a dig at the star Longshanks due to their dublin bias, but in fairness its a great little supplement and i enjoy reading it every tuesday . The dublin bias can be forgiven as it is a dublin paper but credit where its due they do bring out different versions of the supplement for munster and leinster which deserves recognition. Were waiting nearly 20 years to get the fai junior cup back to the TSDL so were bound to be a bit cranky :)

Longshanks
13/04/2012, 11:52 AM
Are you sure you didnt mean to say If Kilbarrack win they will be the third different Dublin club to win it in the last 6 years :)

Was just having a dig at the star Longshanks due to their dublin bias, but in fairness its a great little supplement and i enjoy reading it every tuesday . The dublin bias can be forgiven as it is a dublin paper but credit where its due they do bring out different versions of the supplement for munster and leinster which deserves recognition. Were waiting nearly 20 years to get the fai junior cup back to the TSDL so were bound to be a bit cranky :)

Sorry Balls and KUFC, bit of a brainfreeze there, though it was Ballymun v sherriff in final..........yeah Target is a grand little supplement, although the front page is usually very Dublin biased.....I even made an appearence in the Sligo section 2 weeks ago, thankfully no pictures of me but our match was the feature game!!

brownetube
20/04/2012, 2:09 AM
FAI Junior cup final: 12th of May, Dalymount park, kick off 5pm.

balls
20/04/2012, 10:25 AM
Best of luck to both sides in the final. would make for much better atmosphere if the final was played in a smaller more compact stadium.surface in dailymount not the greatest this year, looked very hard and bumpy few weeks back when pats played bohs

KUFCMan
22/04/2012, 8:25 PM
FAI Junior Cup Final now down for Sat 19th May at 330PM- Venue not yet decided

brownetube
02/05/2012, 3:47 PM
Venue for the final is tolka park.

deadly man
02/05/2012, 5:45 PM
FAI Junior Cup Final now down for Sat 19th May at 330PM- Venue not yet decided
Did Sheriff play Kilbarrack in the league last week KUFCMan?if so what was the score?

KUFCMan
03/05/2012, 1:04 AM
Prem A Result-Played Tuesday nite on Sheriffs Alll Weather Pitch

Sheriff Yc 2-2 KUFC
In fairness they played us off the park but couldnt put us away and we scored a late equaliser.Thats football!!!!!!
Were 6 points behind them with a game in hand v ST Pauls this Friday.We have to play them at home also.Theyve 4 games left and weve 5 so weve not giving up the ghost just yet.

FAI Junior Cup Final
Sat 19th May-230PM - TOLKA PARK