Castlebar 0-1 Sheriff yc-HT
Sandyhill 1-1 Bansha

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 2:13 PM
LATEST

Sandyhill2-1 Bansha

footiefanatic
15/01/2012, 2:15 PM
Anymore updates on the broadford game Buddygeary??? is that 1-1 after only 5 minutes...some start!! Good half for sheriff....hopefully they can hold on!

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 2:20 PM
LATEST

Castlebar 0-2 Sheriff YC

thomas72
15/01/2012, 2:25 PM
PIke 0 wayside 0 70mins played

ALL pike matter of time I reckon

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 2:37 PM
LATEST

O Devaney 0-0 Boscos

thomas72
15/01/2012, 2:55 PM
PIKe one up pen

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 2:59 PM
RESULTS

Midleton 1-1 New Oak-EXTRA TIME
O Devaney 0-0 Boscos- EXTRA TIME
KUFC 1-0 Kinsale
Sandyhill 2-1 Bansha

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 3:01 PM
Is Pike in Extra Time?

cornflakes
15/01/2012, 3:01 PM
any score from Willow Park - Tramore?

Nunugget
15/01/2012, 3:06 PM
Broadford 3-1 Corrib rgs

sportsfan
15/01/2012, 3:06 PM
saint mls 2 wicklow 1

footiefanatic
15/01/2012, 3:08 PM
Is Broadford full time, or in extra time??? any more full time scores lads? Sheriff, Pike etc....

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 3:12 PM
RESULT

Castlebar 1-2 Sheriif YC

The 9-1 Powers went looking good now!!!!!!!

Nunugget
15/01/2012, 3:12 PM
Any result on the Clonmel celtic vrs Highview Athletic

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 3:14 PM
RESULT

Hearing Sheriff won 3-1 and not 2-1 but they defo won in 90 mins

ponyobrien
15/01/2012, 3:19 PM
Clonmel Celtic 5-1 Highview Athletic FT

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 3:21 PM
RESULT

Midleton 2-1 New Oak (AET)

footballfanatic
15/01/2012, 3:30 PM
Peake villa won 3-1.

liamo
15/01/2012, 3:49 PM
Tramore won on penalties

culloty82
15/01/2012, 4:04 PM
Dingle Bay Rovers 0-2 Carndonagh FC

Perhaps it should have dawned that it wouldn't be Dingle's day when poor weather forced a venue change to Mounthawk Park, and a 3 p.m. KO. Dingle dominated the first half, peppering the Carndonagh goal, but to little effect. The Donegalmen took advantage of the windy conditions in the second half, scoring early, before an own-goal compounded a miserable afternoon for the Corca Dhuibhne team.

buddygeary23
15/01/2012, 4:22 PM
Broadford utd (Desmond league) beat corrib rangers (galway league) 3-1

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 5:10 PM
UPDATED 7th DRAW

KUFC V Ballymote/Claremorris/Carrick
Milford/Athenry V Pike
Sheriff YC V ST Michaels
Tramore ATH V Carndonagh
O Devaney V Broadford
Peakevilla V Sandyhill
Clonmel Celtic V Trinity Corinthians
Midleton V Ballymun

nononsense
15/01/2012, 5:12 PM
Milford beat Athenry on penalties after a 0-0 draw.

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 5:17 PM
KUFC V Ballymote//Carrick
Milford/ V Pike
Sheriff YC V ST Michaels
Tramore ATH V Carndonagh
O Devaney V Broadford
Peakevilla V Sandyhill
Clonmel Celtic V Trinity Corinthians
Midleton V Ballymun

5TH ROUND RESULT

Ballymote 2-0 Claremorris

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 5:37 PM
BOYLES LATEST PRICES
Price

Pike Rovers
3/1

Sheriff YC
3/1

Tramore
13/2

Ballymun Utd
8/1

St Michaels
10/1

Carrick Utd
11/1

Clonmel Celtic
11/1

O'Devaney
16/1

Kilbarrack United
20/1

Peakevilla FC
22/1

SANDYHILL CELTIC
22/1

Trinity Corinthians
25/1

Carndonagh FC
50/1

Milford United
66/1

Broadford United AFC
66/1

Midleton FC
100/1

Ballymote
125/1

gameon
15/01/2012, 6:00 PM
well done carndonagh and milford.
keep the flag flying for inishowen and donegal leagues

AlanOB
15/01/2012, 6:05 PM
Pike Rovers 1-0 Wayside Celtic

There were two clear-cut chances in this game, and neither of them fell to the home side. An unbelievable sitter on the line and a botched free header saved Pike's blushes in a game in which they had all the possession and yet created nothing, relying on a late penalty to separate the sides.

Huge credit to Wayside. They defended brilliantly in numbers with their No.5 at the heart of the defence having a particularly good game. They pushed up the field and had some good possession for periods in the first half, but there was always the feeling that with the almost constant pressure they were under somebody would eventually make a mistake, and so it proved. Hard luck to them though. They were given no chance in this game, yet if they had a No.9 of any quality they could have won the game.

Pike looked extremely pedestrian and the weight of expectation was blatantly having an effect. They were comfortably restricted to long shot opportunities and missed the direct running and penetrative passing of John Tierney in midfield. Pa Moloney was the standout performer for them, exhibiting excellent movement and strength and eventually winning the penalty that sealed it.

minivan man
15/01/2012, 7:19 PM
who was the reff in the ballymoate-claremorris match. i'm just wondering is it a record to miss 5 blatant handballs in 1 match (he was only 2-3 yards away for at least 3 of them). also is it not manditory to have linesmen for matches at this stage of the fai junior cup? there were none present at this game. if he reffed a match like that in a lot of other junior leagues\competitions he would be looking at being downgraded.

Minesapint
15/01/2012, 9:55 PM
Pike are in the next round of the fai it took the last 10min to get the winning goal against a very poor Dublin team, if that was waysides second team it was a poor performance from pike rovers, pike never looked like winning this match from start to finish and if anyone is willing to put a bet on them winning the fai i will take it , both the left full and right full were very poor, centre half is very slow, judge needs to play a few more matches he looked very unfit, as did both wings for pike, up front pike look very lazy and average any brave pike people to take the bet.

Longshanks
15/01/2012, 10:36 PM
who was the reff in the ballymoate-claremorris match. i'm just wondering is it a record to miss 5 blatant handballs in 1 match (he was only 2-3 yards away for at least 3 of them). also is it not manditory to have linesmen for matches at this stage of the fai junior cup? there were none present at this game. if he reffed a match like that in a lot of other junior leagues\competitions he would be looking at being downgraded.

dunno who was reffing the game and didnt see it either so cant comment on it, but I can say this about Sligo refs: if you(a Sligo/Leitrim team) have a home draw against a visiting non Sligo/Leitrim team in either the Connacht or FAI Cups you have to earn a win, the home ref is so conscience of being biased that most of the 50/50's go to the away team. I much rather travel 'out of town' in these games. thats not a slight on sligo refs either, its just in my experience to win at home you have to be 2/3 goals the better side, but away from home you just have to be the better side in the majority of cases. Dunno if that makes sense?!??!

was the game in Ballymote or the astro pitch?

@ CUFC: next round v Carrick should be ok for Ballymote

G3rryB
15/01/2012, 11:46 PM
Ya if Claremorris weren't whinging to the ref they might have got a few decisions. Don't forget Sligo/Leitrim got screwed by Mayo refs in Castlebar. Paul Deering was the name of the ref if you want to know. Ye got free's for the handballs what more where ye looking for?

theboywonder8
16/01/2012, 7:37 AM
Pike Rovers 1-0 Wayside Celtic

There were two clear-cut chances in this game, and neither of them fell to the home side. An unbelievable sitter on the line and a botched free header saved Pike's blushes in a game in which they had all the possession and yet created nothing, relying on a late penalty to separate the sides.

Huge credit to Wayside. They defended brilliantly in numbers with their No.5 at the heart of the defence having a particularly good game. They pushed up the field and had some good possession for periods in the first half, but there was always the feeling that with the almost constant pressure they were under somebody would eventually make a mistake, and so it proved. Hard luck to them though. They were given no chance in this game, yet if they had a No.9 of any quality they could have won the game.

Pike looked extremely pedestrian and the weight of expectation was blatantly having an effect. They were comfortably restricted to long shot opportunities and missed the direct running and penetrative passing of John Tierney in midfield. Pa Moloney was the standout performer for them, exhibiting excellent movement and strength and eventually winning the penalty that sealed it.
sorry alanb have to disagree with you there,i taught there no9 was probably one of their best players,worked his socks off all day long,and made probably the best junior player in the country work hard all day,best of luck to waysideb for the rest of their season,great bunch of lads,boris made a huge difference when he came on,and if smyth hasnt a look at moloney its idle,

theboywonder8
16/01/2012, 7:42 AM
dunno who was reffing the game and didnt see it either so cant comment on it, but I can say this about Sligo refs: if you(a Sligo/Leitrim team) have a home draw against a visiting non Sligo/Leitrim team in either the Connacht or FAI Cups you have to earn a win, the home ref is so conscience of being biased that most of the 50/50's go to the away team. I much rather travel 'out of town' in these games. thats not a slight on sligo refs either, its just in my experience to win at home you have to be 2/3 goals the better side, but away from home you just have to be the better side in the majority of cases. Dunno if that makes sense?!??!

was the game in Ballymote or the astro pitch?

@ CUFC: next round v Carrick should be ok for Ballymote
Limerick refs are just as bad,better off with out of town refs,no one wants favours but a bit of fair play wouldnt go astray,

Minesapint
16/01/2012, 8:44 AM
I would have to agree the standard of refs in limerick is very poor, but they have to answer to know one and you cant talk to most of them., i think george clancy and tom duggan where very bad yesterday.

theboywonder8
16/01/2012, 8:52 AM
I would have to agree the standard of refs in limerick is very poor, but they have to answer to know one and you cant talk to most of them., i think george clancy and tom duggan where very bad yesterday.
Why broughton is not getting the big games is beyond me,he was doing the line yesterday morning for fairview match,and he is the best ref in limerick by a country mile,i think the rest of them are sour because he's doing loi,and none of the rest of them are capable of it,fella on the other line isint much better either by the way,can you tell me why was moloneys goal was disallowed,because the ref and linesman hadnt a clue what was going on.

TopperHarley
16/01/2012, 9:24 AM
and he is the best ref in limerick by a country mile,i think the rest of them are sour because he's doing loi

So thats the reason why the other refs are crap...WTF

abbeyvale
16/01/2012, 9:49 AM
sorry alanb have to disagree with you there,i taught there no9 was probably one of their best players,worked his socks off all day long,and made probably the best junior player in the country work hard all day,best of luck to waysideb for the rest of their season,great bunch of lads,boris made a huge difference when he came on,and if smyth hasnt a look at moloney its idle,

Who are you referring to when you say "probably the best junior player in the country"?

theboywonder8
16/01/2012, 12:44 PM
and he is the best ref in limerick by a country mile,i think the rest of them are sour because he's doing loi

So thats the reason why the other refs are crap...WTF
The reason he is on the line and not refereeing,

theboywonder8
16/01/2012, 12:46 PM
i would say he is talking about mullins
Correct,he knows well who im talking about,just a bit of sarcasm id say,

G3rryB
16/01/2012, 1:59 PM
The only reason the game wasn't played on Astro turf yesterday was because of Claremorris whinging about there being no Showers in Cleveragh. Pitch was in alright shape bit dodgy through the middle and some of the bobbles in the second half where dog cat.

AlanOB
16/01/2012, 4:56 PM
Mullins had that No.9 in his pocket.

Yesterday showed again that there's a clear strategy to beating Pike. Both Ballynanty and Wayside have frustrated them by defending deep and narrow and forcing them out wide where they are weaker in terms of personnel. Both clubs however were missing the second part of the plan - a pacey no.9 with intelligent movement who can play off the shoulder, run the channels and be the focal point of counter attacks. We know Pike lack pace at the heart of defence and that they are weak in the full back areas. If either of their previous opponents could have got balls in behind to a player of this description, they would be out of the competition now.

I wouldn't recommend playing too deep against them however. A low block, with being too low is sufficient. Their two target men are so good that you want to keep them as far away from goal as possible.

Another potential problem is that a deep line gives their centre midfield a lot of time on the ball, but without Tierney this area looks very functional, despite the obvious qualities of Judge and Kavanagh.

sprah1
16/01/2012, 7:51 PM
The only reason the game wasn't played on Astro turf yesterday was because of Claremorris whinging about there being no Showers in Cleveragh. Pitch was in alright shape bit dodgy through the middle and some of the bobbles in the second half where dog cat.

No axe to grind here but don't think any team can expect to play an FAI Junior cup match at a pitch with no basic changing facilities??

wanderer
16/01/2012, 9:28 PM
pike very poor.wayside had the 2 best chances 2nd half.mullins had 9 in his pocket mainly because he wasnt good enough no dis. to mullins.pike brought on two wide men and still couldnt get in any decent crosses.service to the front men very poor.pike will have to improve a lot if they want to hold on to FAI.waysides defenders were all over the place when under pressure but still pike had to rely on a pen to score.def. pen.pike look short on confidence and seemed hurry everything.need a couple of players plus tierney big loss.

G3rryB
16/01/2012, 10:13 PM
Ya fair point, but then there was the question that the pitch wasn't great. So they couldn't have it both way's on this occasion. Very sore losers after the game as well.

deadly man
16/01/2012, 11:44 PM
Correct,he knows well who im talking about,just a bit of sarcasm id say,

I agree,Pa Mullins probably is the best junior player in the country
Whats wrong with Tierney,is he injured?

brownetube
17/01/2012, 12:48 AM
think the cup is going to end up in dublin this year, with 6 of the last 16 coming from the capital. the 2 dub teams that stand out have to be ballymun and sheriff yc, with ballymun having won it 3 years ago they have that experience and seem to be getting the luck of the draw, but i cant help felling its sheriffs this year, most of that team have been together 3, 4 years now and every year there adding 1 or 2 more players to push them on. with the squad they hav now i cant really see anyone stopping them, very unlucky last year against pike in the semis and wat iv heard from reports on this is tat pike arnt firing on all cilinders.

on another note...has the standerd in the limerick teams dropped dramatically this year?? usually they wud have a good few teams in an around this stage, and wit killesters 2nd side easily brushing aside Carew park (in limerick) in the 5th round and carew are sitting comfortably in 3rd place in the limerick prem just behind pike, tat killester side tat beat them are a mixture between an over 35s and youngfellas. and with pike struggling to finish off a very weak wayside celtic (sat side) it wud ask the question how strong are the limerick sides this year??

Roberto
17/01/2012, 7:54 AM
think the cup is going to end up in dublin this year, with 6 of the last 16 coming from the capital. the 2 dub teams that stand out have to be ballymun and sheriff yc, with ballymun having won it 3 years ago they have that experience and seem to be getting the luck of the draw, but i cant help felling its sheriffs this year, most of that team have been together 3, 4 years now and every year there adding 1 or 2 more players to push them on. with the squad they hav now i cant really see anyone stopping them, very unlucky last year against pike in the semis and wat iv heard from reports on this is tat pike arnt firing on all cilinders.

on another note...has the standerd in the limerick teams dropped dramatically this year?? usually they wud have a good few teams in an around this stage, and wit killesters 2nd side easily brushing aside Carew park (in limerick) in the 5th round and carew are sitting comfortably in 3rd place in the limerick prem just behind pike, tat killester side tat beat them are a mixture between an over 35s and youngfellas. and with pike struggling to finish off a very weak wayside celtic (sat side) it wud ask the question how strong are the limerick sides this year??

Considering the number of junior teams in Dublin you would expect them to have a fairly good representation in the last 16. However you must respect Tipperary who have 4 teams there. You would have to fancy the winners of St Michaels/Sheriff to go all the way.

qwertyabu
17/01/2012, 9:00 AM
saints all the way this year if they overcome sherrif.