PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

cufc champions
10/01/2012, 12:20 PM
Tramore seem to be the team to beat in Waterford, i dont think they have lost this season can anyone confirm.
Correct they have not being beaten 9 wins from 9 games in the league and still both provincial and national cups.
Quilty their striker who signed from the Glass is a serious operator: quick, strong and is a very good finisher. but is tempermental. They have a very good squad assembled this year having recruited from New Ross to Dungarvan and all inbetween. Very good passing side. Stephen Grant (ex Waterford United) is their playmaker.

footballfanatic
10/01/2012, 12:32 PM
Why no odds for clonmel celtic match? will paddy power have odds up, cant see any yet. If anyone see's em let us know, they can be tough to find on that page.
Michaels can still be got at 7/1 on boyles to win outright and clonmel celtic 18/1 on powers.

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 12:36 PM
Minesapint,€750.47,best of luck with it,stick sherrif into that double cufc,no fear of it,lol

cufc champions
10/01/2012, 12:52 PM
Minesapint,€750.47,best of luck with it,stick sherrif into that double cufc,no fear of it,lol
Id be wary of the spin to Castlebar and also backing near 1/2 away from home especially in this competition. Are Sheriff going up over night to Mayo, I know Tramore are staying in Athlone.

Longshanks
10/01/2012, 12:58 PM
@CUFC

Castlebar very much over priced for a decent home team.
Longshanks how do you reckon Claremorris v Ballymote will go??

the game is being played on the new Astro Turf pitch in Sligo, so Claremorris have to travel. Ballymote are a decent side for Sligo/Leitrim standards, young energetic and pacey with one or two experienced talkers to gel it together, on their day they are a handful. They've dumped both City and Carbury(Sligo top 2 teams last few seasons) out already. I think claremorris pushed Castlebar all the way to the last day of the season in the mayo league, but as with all Mayo teams keepng the motivation and training up from September through to march without regular games can be a problem, I think Claremorris have a few players in the Oscar Traynor team that beat Sligo 4-1 on Sunday, so some of them should be fit and sharp. I'd fancy Claremorris to come through the tie, although I'd be delighted to see Ballymote go through(I'm an ex Ballymote player:-)

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 1:01 PM
Id be wary of the spin to Castlebar and also backing near 1/2 away from especially in this competition. Are Sheriff going up over night to Mayo, I know Tramore are staying in Athlone.

They surely will,heard they have serious side this year,lester top signing for them.

republican
10/01/2012, 1:13 PM
saints will probably beat wicklow rovers but 9/1 about wicklow is way too big if thats the same side saints beat 4nil last year. scoreline was not true reflection of the game that day.

the runner
10/01/2012, 2:14 PM
Willow have a very strong side this year i have seen them play a good few times this year and i think the team they have now are even better than the side that won lenister 2 years ago. They still have most of that squad and they have added a few quality players. Tramore will have a very tough game sunday i cant see willow losing after all they have not lost a home game for 4 years.The 9/4 is a massive price for willow

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 2:26 PM
Willow have a very strong side this year i have seen them play a good few times this year and i think the team they have now are even better than the side that won lenister 2 years ago. They still have most of that squad and they have added a few quality players. Tramore will have a very tough game sunday i cant see willow losing after all they have not lost a home game for 4 years.The 9/4 is a massive price for willow

Thanks the runner,thats interesting,havent being beaten at home in 4 years,is that just fai or all comps?

cufc champions
10/01/2012, 2:33 PM
I heardWillow were strong, for Carrick chances of reigning back in Tramore in the league I hope they go further in the comp and hopefully fixtures will catch up with them.

the runner
10/01/2012, 2:36 PM
Yes that's in all comps. And i have been told that Willow are delighted with this draw that's why i was very surprised to see them priced at 9/4 at home

cufc champions
10/01/2012, 2:47 PM
Yes that's in all comps. And i have been told that Willow are delighted with this draw that's why i was very surprised to see them priced at 9/4 at home

They will be delighted with 9/4 so. All I can vouch is Tramore are a decent outfit, up there with best of Munster teams I have seen so far this season. It could an absolute belter in Athlone on Sunday.

republican
10/01/2012, 3:02 PM
willow lost at home to clonmel in fai 2 years ago?? correct me if wrong.

Minesapint
10/01/2012, 3:08 PM
@CUFC

Castlebar very much over priced for a decent home team.
Longshanks how do you reckon Claremorris v Ballymote will go??

the game is being played on the new Astro Turf pitch in Sligo, so Claremorris have to travel. Ballymote are a decent side for Sligo/Leitrim standards, young energetic and pacey with one or two experienced talkers to gel it together, on their day they are a handful. They've dumped both City and Carbury(Sligo top 2 teams last few seasons) out already. I think claremorris pushed Castlebar all the way to the last day of the season in the mayo league, but as with all Mayo teams keepng the motivation and training up from September through to march without regular games can be a problem, I think Claremorris have a few players in the Oscar Traynor team that beat Sligo 4-1 on Sunday, so some of them should be fit and sharp. I'd fancy Claremorris to come through the tie, although I'd be delighted to see Ballymote go through(I'm an ex Ballymote player:-) Why would castlebar give sheriff a big advantage playing on a astro surface, sheriff play all there matches on that surface, only chance castlebar had was playing on grass ill go 4nil to sheriff.

ponyobrien
10/01/2012, 3:30 PM
willow lost at home to clonmel in fai 2 years ago?? correct me if wrong.

Clonmel Town beat them one nil 2 years ago. Dwaine Burns scored an early goal and they shut up shop then. It was the same day St. Michaels lost to Pike rovers but still went through.

KUFCMan
10/01/2012, 3:45 PM
Boyles Match Betting

1-5 Clonmel Celtic.4 draw.9 Highview
11-8 Middleton.9-4 Draw.6-4 New Oak Boys

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 5:33 PM
Boyles Match Betting1-5 Clonmel Celtic.4 draw.9 Highview11-8 Middleton.9-4 Draw.6-4 New Oak BoysWhat about yereselves kufc,??

KUFCMan
10/01/2012, 5:44 PM
6-5 Kilbarrack,23-10 Draw.7-4 Kinsale

We were well beaten 3-1 by Ballymun in Nivea Cup last Sunday.Kinsale had us watched and probably think they will win.They will if we play like that although it was our poorest performance in 2 yrs,.I wouldnt take 6-5 as its too short against a team unbeaten this yr in all compos,although theyve not played a league game.It will be a cagey affair Id say,which could go all the way to pens.

I hear 7th Round draw is on today/tonight!

KUFCMan
10/01/2012, 5:53 PM
7TH Round Draw

Kilbarrack Utd or Kinsale V Ballymote or Claremorris or Carrick Utd

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 5:59 PM
7TH Round DrawKilbarrack Utd or Kinsale V Ballymote or Claremorris or Carrick UtdMilford or athenry v pike or waysideCastlebar or sherrif v st michaels or willow park,tasty one there.

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 6:01 PM
6-5 Kilbarrack,23-10 Draw.7-4 KinsaleWe were well beaten 3-1 by Ballymun in Nivea Cup last Sunday.Kinsale had us watched and probably think they will win.They will if we play like that although it was our poorest performance in 2 yrs,.I wouldnt take 6-5 as its too short against a team unbeaten this yr in all compos,although theyve not played a league game.It will be a cagey affair Id say,which could go all the way to pens.I hear 7th Round draw is on today/tonight!They wont beat ye,guarentee ya,

KUFCMan
10/01/2012, 6:11 PM
Is tthat Castlebar or Sheriff v St Michaels or Wicklow?

ponyobrien
10/01/2012, 6:36 PM
Has anyone got the full draw?

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 6:51 PM
Is tthat Castlebar or Sheriff v St Michaels or Wicklow?Sorry meant wicklow rovers,

theboywonder8
10/01/2012, 7:06 PM
Anyone know who willow or tramore got?

ponyobrien
10/01/2012, 7:17 PM
FAI CUP 7th Round

Millford Utd orAthenry FC v Pike Rvs. or Wayside Celtic
Willow Park FC or Tramore FC v Dingle Bay FC or Carndonagh FC
O’ Devaney Dunard or St. John Bosco v Broadford FC or Corrib Rgs
Castlebar Cel or Sheriff YC v St. Michaels FC or Wicklow Rvs.
Bridge Utd or Peake villa FC v Sandyhill Celtic or Bansha Celtic
Kilbarrack Utd or Kinsale FC v Claremorris FC/ Ballymote /Carrick Utd
Clonmel Celtic or Highview FC v Trinity Corths or OLBC
Middleton FC or New Oak Boys v Killester Utd or Ballymun Utd

Longshanks
10/01/2012, 8:06 PM
Why would castlebar give sheriff a big advantage playing on a astro surface, sheriff play all there matches on that surface, only chance castlebar had was playing on grass ill go 4nil to sheriff.

bit of crossed wires here......I was refering to the Ballymote v Claremorris game being played on the astro turf

balls
10/01/2012, 8:31 PM
FAI CUP 7th Round

Millford Utd orAthenry FC v Pike Rvs. or Wayside Celtic
Kilbarrack Utd or Kinsale FC v Claremorris FC/ Ballymote /Carrick Utd
Clonmel Celtic or Highview FC v Trinity Corths or OLBC
Middleton FC or New Oak Boys v Killester Utd or Ballymun Utd

Cheers pony great draw for celtic another home tie against beatable opposition if ye manage to win sunday. Best of luck anyway sunday. Saint Michaels have toughest draw possible but im sure they wont be looking beyond there game on sunday

ponyobrien
10/01/2012, 8:34 PM
Cheers pony great draw for celtic another home tie against beatable opposition if ye manage to win sunday. Best of luck anyway sunday. Saint Michaels have toughest draw possible but im sure they wont be looking beyond there game on sunday

Thanks. I'm sure all 4 teams in our group will think they have done well in the draw.

magpie
10/01/2012, 8:38 PM
hey lads, anyone have any tips or info on new oak boys from the carlow league? thanx again.

cufc champions
11/01/2012, 7:21 AM
bit of crossed wires here......I was refering to the Ballymote v Claremorris game being played on the astro turf

Thanks for the info, if Ballymote win on Sunday will Carricks game also be on Astroturf?

Longshanks
11/01/2012, 9:36 AM
Thanks for the info, if Ballymote win on Sunday will Carricks game also be on Astroturf?

I doubt it, I'd say its down for the Astro this weekend to get it out of the way, Ballymote have decent pitch, can get a small bit heavy at times but its a good surface, might be touch and go if it'd be playable this weekend with all the rain thats fallen up of late

cufc champions
11/01/2012, 9:55 AM
I doubt it, I'd say its down for the Astro this weekend to get it out of the way, Ballymote have decent pitch, can get a small bit heavy at times but its a good surface, might be touch and go if it'd be playable this weekend with all the rain thats fallen up of late

Cheers hopefully if they do win it will be on the grass, Astro games always seem to lack the edge of a grass game.

culloty82
11/01/2012, 10:47 AM
Dingle Bay Rovers v Carndonagh - Sunday 15th, 1 p.m., Dingle. Dingle are currently 3rd in the KDL, so should have a good chance of progressing.

the runner
11/01/2012, 3:31 PM
I was just having a look at the betting on this game, Dingle are 2/1 to win with boylesports and Carndonagh are evs. But when you look at the outright betting with paddy power Dingle are 40/1 and Carndonagh are 100/1 to win it out. Have the bookies got their prices on the game all wrong???????????

ponyobrien
11/01/2012, 4:08 PM
I was just having a look at the betting on this game, Dingle are 2/1 to win with boylesports and Carndonagh are evs. But when you look at the outright betting with paddy power Dingle are 40/1 and Carndonagh are 100/1 to win it out. Have the bookies got their prices on the game all wrong???????????

There have been a few big differences in prices between the two. Paddy Powers are generally more accurate.

philipnoonanful
11/01/2012, 8:43 PM
Bansha FC from Tipp should not be underestimated. They're a solid but not spectacular team who can grind out a victory. A lot of St. Michael's youths moved there as well as players from other teams who had been knocked out in the early stages of the cup (CTFC for example). Lump on them

ponyobrien
12/01/2012, 6:57 AM
A lot of St. Michael's youths moved there as well as players from other teams who had been knocked out in the early stages of the cup (CTFC for example). Lump on them

Those players are cup tied

theboywonder8
12/01/2012, 8:20 AM
Those players are cup tied
Not if they didnt play in fai with previous clubs.

the runner
12/01/2012, 4:12 PM
Anyone know anything about Dingle or Carndonagh.

Minesapint
12/01/2012, 10:46 PM
Anyone know anything about Dingle or Carndonagh.
Dingle at home are very strong but if you play them on dry land you will beat them there no 9 fungy he will be like a fish ot of water.

KUFCMan
14/01/2012, 2:27 PM
LATEST

Killester 0-1 Ballymun
Ballymun also miss pen in 1st half

ponyobrien
14/01/2012, 2:38 PM
Trinity Corinthians 3-2 OLBC

KUFCMan
14/01/2012, 2:45 PM
RESULT

Killester 0-2 Ballymun

abbeyvale
14/01/2012, 8:54 PM
Updated FAI CUP 7th Round

Millford Utd or Athenry FC v Pike Rvs. or Wayside Celtic
Kilbarrack Utd or Kinsale FC v Claremorris FC / Ballymote / Carrick Utd
Clonmel Celtic or Highview FC v Trinity Corths
Middleton FC or New Oak Boys v Ballymun Utd

Bin Ladin
15/01/2012, 1:33 PM
any latest scores from 2days games pony

KUFCMan
15/01/2012, 1:41 PM
LATEST

Kilbarrack 0-0 Kinsale
40 mins Played