PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

widow
13/12/2011, 10:20 AM
Carry on of both clubs is a disgrace.

Roberto
13/12/2011, 11:47 AM
Does anyone know whatever happened to the Sportsbag programme that used to be on 2FM on Sunday mornings at 10am? They used to have the FAI Junior Cup draw live which was a great idea.

On the subject of the FAI Junior Cup draw why is the FAI website so out of date. Surely it should be the first place the draw is published and it wouldn't take an awful lot to get it up on the site immediately after the draw is made?

ponyobrien
13/12/2011, 11:55 AM
On the subject of the FAI Junior Cup draw why is the FAI website so out of date. Surely it should be the first place the draw is published and it wouldn't take an awful lot to get it up on the site immediately after the draw is made?

I have emailed them many many times over the last few years asking them the same question, and they have never even responded to me.

hotspur
13/12/2011, 2:00 PM
Carry on of both clubs is a disgrace. Teams this year have had a chance to knock pike out of the the Fai and Munster junior, Caherdavin, balla, and AA in the Munster junior but neither of these teams had the bottle to it yet someone else is to blame are you going to blame money for balla missing penos, i suppose i would look to blame someone if all i had was a lawson to play for.

hotspur
13/12/2011, 2:01 PM
Jeffrey Judge has signed for Pike:confused:, and he has gone there for the love of the club i am sure :confused:, absolutely a joke what is going on and we need the FAI or LDMC to do something about it, as the good and excitement is going out of junior football fast with the carry on.
You in bad form today Kalyani it wouldnt have anything to do with carew park losing a few players.

Roberto
13/12/2011, 2:10 PM
I have emailed them many many times over the last few years asking them the same question, and they have never even responded to me.

You should get your club secretary to make representations to Tommy Lewis, your league secretary, who is also on the FAI Council.

For a team who never got past the 6th round the odds of 12/1 on Celtic are brutal.

ponyobrien
13/12/2011, 2:17 PM
Paddy Power FAI Junior cup outright odds
Pike Rovers 10/3
Sherrif YC 6/1
Tramore 7/1
St. Michaels 7/1
Castlebar Celtic 9/1
Carrick United 9/1
Ballymun 16/1
Athenry 16/1
Clonmel Celtic 22/1
Willow Park 22/1
Baldoyle United 25/1
Kilbarrack United 25/1
Sandyhill FC 25/1
O'Devaney/Dunard 33/1
Milford 40/1
Evergreen 40/1
Peake Villa 50/1
Landen United 50/1
Kinsale 50/1
Mountview 66/1

ponyobrien
13/12/2011, 2:18 PM
You should get your club secretary to make representations to Tommy Lewis, your league secretary, who is also on the FAI Council.

For a team who never got past the 6th round the odds of 12/1 on Celtic are brutal.

22/1 in Paddy Powers

ponyobrien
13/12/2011, 2:20 PM
Paddy Power FAI Junior cup outright odds
Pike Rovers 10/3
Sherrif YC 6/1
Tramore 7/1
St. Michaels 7/1
Castlebar Celtic 9/1
Carrick United 9/1
Ballymun 16/1
Athenry 16/1
Clonmel Celtic 22/1
Willow Park 22/1
Baldoyle United 25/1
Kilbarrack United 25/1
Sandyhill FC 25/1
O'Devaney/Dunard 33/1
Milford 40/1
Evergreen 40/1
Peake Villa 50/1
Landen United 50/1
Kinsale 50/1
Mountview 66/1

Paddy Power and Boylesports are quite different with their prices

hotspur
13/12/2011, 2:20 PM
Steven o flynn has signed for pike rovers football club, i know he was injured for most of the season but i am sure if he gets fit he could do damage at junior level.

balls
13/12/2011, 2:37 PM
Steven o flynn has signed for pike rovers football club, i know he was injured for most of the season but i am sure if he gets fit he could do damage at junior level.

steven o flynn from mallow.that the striker who used play with cork city and derry and stints in england. your having a laugh if he is gone back playing junior level. i think your definatly on the wind up with this one hotspur

balls
13/12/2011, 2:40 PM
Paddy Power and Boylesports are quite different with their prices

paddy powers odds are spot on. carrick maybe should be a bit further out as they are not the team they were in previous years. Peake villa at 50/1 abit generous but spot on with the rest. I said tramore to win it last august should have backed them then not much value @ 7/1 now

hotspur
13/12/2011, 2:41 PM
steven o flynn from mallow.that the striker who used play with cork city and derry and stints in england. your having a laugh if he is gone back playing junior level. i think your definatly on the wind up with this one hotspur
He was injured for most of the season, limerick havent asked him back anybody know how old he is? Balls it came from a limerick supporter if im wrong i will kill him my self but seems he signed today for pike rovers until june.

Jofspring
13/12/2011, 3:22 PM
Stephen O'Flynn wasn't offered another contract by Limerick but there are loads of LOI teams that would take him in a flash. Any team in the First Division would have him and a few premier teams. I highly doubt he has signed for Pike. He has been talking to Waterford United though.

The rumours I have heard since last night are:

Pike In:

Jeffrey Judge (Limerick FC)
Colin Hawkins (Dundalk)
Shane Duggan (Cork City)
Philly Hughes (Shelbourne)
Stephen O Flynn (Limerick FC)

Shane Duggan signed a new 2 year deal with Cork a few weeks back and Philly Hughes signed for Shels in the last couple of weeks. I'd love to know where lads come up with this stuff, it's hilarious.

balls
13/12/2011, 3:36 PM
steven o flynn would be about 29 max 30 top class player. was top drawer for cork city at start of his career, had a great season with derry in premier about 4 years ago. has been destroyed with injuries since, has had flashes of his old self with limerick and got goals but poor fella gets crocked with injuries. he actually went back to england only a year or 2 ago for few months but didnt work out. I could not see the lad playing junior but stranger things have happened. I actually saw judge play few games for limerick last season and was very impressed with him. very comfartable on the ball and pace to burn, be madness for him to go back junior. as for shane duggan his next move would be to england if anywhere he is top class footballer was playing below his level in division 1 league of ireland last season head and shoulders above most other midfielders, technically the lad is superb and im sure cork city would be expecting great things from him next season in the premier. Philly hughes bit of a journeyman but has scored goals where ever he went also good for 15-20 a season if he gets a run of games. As for hawkins how can that be true whats the point he is at end of his career with bags of league of ireland medals from his days with shels and bohs, why would he bother playing junior down in limerick. most of these are nonsense storys especially the non limerick lads why would they go to limerick to play junior ball,and also sure didnt judge and duggan play underage with fairview why link them with pike now its crazy

Second
13/12/2011, 3:52 PM
Robbie Keane and wife Claudine bringing their mobile home to Crossagalla while La Galaxy are off season.. Rumour is robbie would love to play for the pikeys

Second
13/12/2011, 5:11 PM
Sure was always happy to be making a wage sitting on the bench ..

ponyobrien
13/12/2011, 5:29 PM
All this talk of Pike signings is getting a bit much. Take it to the Limerick forum.

AlwaysAHoop
13/12/2011, 5:40 PM
How are Castlebar Celtic 9 to 1 and Ballymun are 16 to 1 strange prices..I seen castlebar last season against St peters and losing 5.0 they most have improved greatly..Ballymun i seen couple of times this year great price at 16 to 1 outside bet.

ponyobrien
13/12/2011, 6:21 PM
6th round

Clonmel Celtic v Highview Athletic

rightboy
13/12/2011, 6:26 PM
6th round

Landen/ St michaels v Wicklow rovers

Any word on full draw ?

Jofspring
13/12/2011, 6:31 PM
Wayside vs Pike not sure which was drawn first.

maradona100
13/12/2011, 6:40 PM
O'Devaney/Dunard / Baldoyle United v St John Bosco

Round Tower
13/12/2011, 7:14 PM
How are Castlebar Celtic 9 to 1 and Ballymun are 16 to 1 strange prices..I seen castlebar last season against St peters and losing 5.0 they most have improved greatly..Ballymun i seen couple of times this year great price at 16 to 1 outside bet.

Castlebar had a team in the national U20's league or what ever age group it was last year and not this year and are much stronger, won the super league in Mayo this year.

cufc champions
13/12/2011, 7:28 PM
Any word on Carrick United & Tramore?

theboywonder8
13/12/2011, 7:31 PM
Pike were,also few ye forgot to mention bobby ryan,

KUFCMan
13/12/2011, 7:55 PM
Kilbarrack Utd V Kinsale

A tough draw for us but delighted with the Home draw!!!!!!!!!!

Draper
13/12/2011, 8:07 PM
Its a bloody joke the FAI dont post the full draw anywhere once its made....

Aldo
13/12/2011, 8:50 PM
Full Draw anyone please, or where can i see it?

KUFCMan
13/12/2011, 8:59 PM
6th Round Draw

Clonmel Celtic v Highview
Landen/St Micks v Wicklow Rovers
Killester v Ballymun
Kilbarrack V Kinsale
Pike Rovers V Wayside
Castlebar V Sheriff YC
Sandyhill V ?

Mighty almighty
13/12/2011, 9:31 PM
Can you get the full draw up,or can you tell me were I can see it?

KUFCMan
13/12/2011, 9:36 PM
AFAIK each secretary gets their own draw only,so Ive just been getting bits from friends and acquaintances.As I get more I shall post.If most clubs have someone on Foot.ie we should get it all tonite.Weve 6 ties from 16 so far,

barryk
13/12/2011, 9:38 PM
FAI UMBRO JUNIOR CUP
6TH ROUND DRAW
Landen Utd or St. Michaels FC v Wicklow Rovers
O’ Devaney Dunard or Baldoyle Utd v St. John Bosco FC
Broadford Utd v Corrib Rgs.
Bridge Utd or Kentstown v Peakevilla FC
Castlebar Celtic v Sheriff YC
Clonmel Celtic v Highview FC
Evergreen FC or Willow Park v Tramore FC
Millford Utd v Athenry FC
Claremorris FC or Ballymote v Carrick Utd or Gweedore
Sandyhill Celtic v Bansha Celtic or Coachford FC
Middleton FC or Crettyard Utd v New Oak Boys FC
Dingle Bay v Carndonagh FC or CIE Ranch FC
Trinity Corths v OLBC FC
Killester Utd v Ballymun Utd.
Pike Rovers v Wayside Celtic
Kilbarrack Utd v Kinsale FC

Mighty almighty
13/12/2011, 9:41 PM
Its a bloody joke the FAI dont post the full draw anywhere once its made....
Totally agree very hard to access the draw when it's made.a joke this is very frustrating to be honest.

theboywonder8
14/12/2011, 7:35 AM
Ye wont have too much trouble there,saw them last week and they werent great,should have been beaten.Kufc

Longshanks
14/12/2011, 1:17 PM
tie of the round should be Castlebar Celtic v Sherriff YC. Boyle Sports have it as a 9/1 shot at home to a 6/1 shot.

although Boyle also have Mountview priced up at 66/1 even though they were knocked out by Corrib Rangers in the 5th round, and they dont have a prive for Corrib???

Killester v Ballymun has a lovely ring to it but apparently both sides arent the forces they were 5/6 years ago

KUFCMan
14/12/2011, 2:42 PM
That was Powers betting Longshanks,I think theyve taking out Mountview now.Neither Powers or Boyles have Corrib in the betting.Tie of the round looks Castlebar V Sheriff.18-1 v 9-2 in Boyles betting.Theyve 2 games priced up this week

18 Dec 14:00
Evergreen v Willow Park

13/8
9/4
6/5

18 Dec 14:00
O'Devaney v Baldoyle United

6/4
9/4
11/8-----O Devaney and Baldoyle both having great seasons,couldnt call it myself!

nononsense
18/12/2011, 11:00 PM
Some results in F,A,I, Junior cup this week-end;
Landen Utd (Dublin) 0, St.Michaels (Tipperary) 1.
O'Devaney Dunard 2, Baldoyle Utd 0.
Bridge Utd (Kilkenny) 1, Kentstown (Meath) 0
Bansha Celtic (Tipperary) 2, Coachford (Cork) 2. AET. Bansha won 4-2 on pens.

Mighty almighty
19/12/2011, 3:40 AM
Heard midleton travelled up to play Carlow outfit crettyard united last Sunday,and game was called off when referree came during warm up,heard the pitch was so soft you wudnt put a dog out on it,crazy stuff for this expense to be put on a amateur club like that.

ponyobrien
19/12/2011, 7:53 AM
Heard midleton travelled up to play Carlow outfit crettyard united last Sunday,and game was called off when referree came during warm up,heard the pitch was so soft you wudnt put a dog out on it,crazy stuff for this expense to be put on a amateur club like that.

Midleton will have home advantage now

rightboy
19/12/2011, 7:59 AM
Good win for saints yesterday over a decent landen team looking forward to next round as it s a home draw for once

drummerboy
19/12/2011, 9:52 AM
tie of the round should be Castlebar Celtic v Sherriff YC. Boyle Sports have it as a 9/1 shot at home to a 6/1 shot.

although Boyle also have Mountview priced up at 66/1 even though they were knocked out by Corrib Rangers in the 5th round, and they dont have a prive for Corrib???

Killester v Ballymun has a lovely ring to it but apparently both sides arent the forces they were 5/6 years ago

Thats Killester's reserve team in the Junior Cup. First team in Intermediate cup.

KUFCMan
19/12/2011, 10:35 AM
RESULTS

Carndonagh 3-1 CIE Ranch
O Devaney 2-0 Baldoyle
Evergreen 1-3 Willow Park
Claremorris V Ballymote - OFF
Landen 0-1 St Michaels

Longshanks
19/12/2011, 11:50 AM
FAI UMBRO JUNIOR CUP
6TH ROUND DRAW
St. Michaels FC v Wicklow Rovers
O’ Devaney Dunard v St. John Bosco FC
Broadford Utd v Corrib Rgs.
Bridge Utd v Peakevilla FC
Castlebar Celtic v Sheriff YC
Clonmel Celtic v Highview FC
Willow Park v Tramore FC
Millford Utd v Athenry FC
Claremorris FC or Ballymote v Carrick Utd or Gweedore
Sandyhill Celtic v Bansha Celtic
Middleton FC or Crettyard Utd v New Oak Boys FC
Dingle Bay v Carndonagh FC
Trinity Corths v OLBC FC
Killester Utd v Ballymun Utd.
Pike Rovers v Wayside Celtic
Kilbarrack Utd v Kinsale FC

Ballymote v Claremorris is fixed for the 15th Jan, Mayo/Sligo in Oscar traynor on 8th. When is the Carrick Utd v Gweedore game fixed for? presume Middleton v Crettyard is for the 8th

KUFCMan
19/12/2011, 12:09 PM
Carrick V Gweedore is fixed for the 8th Jan 2012

KUFCMan
19/12/2011, 12:12 PM
Pike Rovers
7/2

Sheriff YC
6/1

St Michaels
7/1

Tramore
8/1

Carrick Utd
12/1

Clonmel Celtic
12/1

Ballymun Utd
14/1

O'Devaney
16/1

Castlebar Celtic
18/1

Athenry
20/1

Willow Park
20/1

Kilbarrack United
20/1

SANDYHILL CELTIC
20/1

Peakevilla FC
22/1

Corrib Rangers
33/1

Trinity Corinthians
40/1

Crettyard
50/1

Old Ladies Boys Club
50/1

Kinsale
66/1

St John Bosco
66/1

Milford United
66/1

Killester Utd
80/1

Wayside Celtic
80/1

Wicklow Rovers
80/1

Dingle Bay Rovers
100/1

BOYLES Betting

count cambi
19/12/2011, 1:47 PM
Good win for saints yesterday over a decent landen team looking forward to next round as it s a home draw for once

Wicklow Rovers have had a good few away trips ourselves rightboy but no point complaining, looking forward to another trip to tipp, hope we put up a better fight than last year!! See you soon

kerryfan
19/12/2011, 4:26 PM
what an embarresment to dynamos. have they applied for a 1st division licence? If so, then they better check the paperwork again. what an error..

rightboy
19/12/2011, 5:15 PM
Wicklow Rovers have had a good few away trips ourselves rightboy but no point complaining, looking forward to another trip to tipp, hope we put up a better fight than last year!! See you soon

Hi count ye will most welcome in tipp town and ur right ye had a few away days as well , I was just wondering it would great to have game on Saturday night there us a brilliant atmosphere under the lights at Cooke park would that suit ye ?

Just a quick note to landen their hospitality after game was top class well done to all

culloty82
19/12/2011, 6:54 PM
Are all the sixth-round matches going ahead on the 8th of January? Suspect Dingle will be happy they didn't draw Pike or Sheriff, anyone know much about Carndonagh - any team from Donegal would have a high standard anyway?