PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup 2011/12

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

apo11o
11/12/2011, 1:27 PM
Tramore 3 - 1 Ballina Town

Jofspring
11/12/2011, 1:49 PM
Of course it is,why wouldn't it be,isint that what yellow is doing at the boro sure,????

If yellow is only signed for the next month it is a waste of time. I don't think yellow will be going back to Limerick for next season if he isn't available in January for pre-season.

Second
11/12/2011, 2:01 PM
Probably getting looked after better at the boro anyway.. More resources there I'd say..

Hollywood Hogan
11/12/2011, 2:34 PM
Big shock on here at the pike

KUFCMan
11/12/2011, 2:46 PM
Kilbarrack 0-0 Carrick Rovers
Extra Time now being played

Second
11/12/2011, 2:48 PM
Come on Balla 11/2 in paddy powers yesterday hopefully it was worth €20..

Footy247
11/12/2011, 3:07 PM
Broadford 4-1 innisvilla

KUFCMan
11/12/2011, 3:32 PM
Fai junior cup[ results
ballymun 2-0 springfield
sandyhill 6-2 mount merrion
carew park 2-4 killester
peakevilla 3-0 quay celtic
tra,ore 3-1 ballina town
new oak boys 3-2 st pats cy(aet)
kufc 0-0 carrick rovers(kufc win 5-4 on pens)
shannonside 2-4 sheriff yc
prem a
corduff v o dev - off
mells v wfta - off

blinkx
11/12/2011, 3:38 PM
Pike Win 4-2 on Penalties.

buddygeary23
11/12/2011, 3:42 PM
Shannonside (Limerick Desmond) 2-4 sherriff (Dublin)

Newcastle west (Limerick Desmond) 0-3 Castlebar Celtic (Mayo)

Broadford utd (limerick Desmond) 4-1 Innisvilla (cork)

AlanOB
11/12/2011, 4:50 PM
Pike Rovers 2-2 Ballynanty Rovers (A.E.T. - Pike win 4-2 on penalties)

A late equaliser from substitute John Boyle denied Ballynanty a huge 15/2 upset here in the Sports Ground. Balla opened the scoring early in the first half - a free kick on the right connecting with the head of Dermot Fitzgerald. After the goal however, Balla retreated into their own half and gave Pike far too much time on the ball. They were forming a bank of five in front of the defence, which meant that Conor Kavanagh was able to drop off and play balls to the wings. And it was from the right wing that the equaliser eventually came. Tierney joined Mick Aherne on that side, overloading Balla left winger Tony Fahy. His great inswinging cross was despatched by Alan Barry. 1-1. It was a somewhat controversial goal however, as it was well into first-half injury time.

Second half, Balla pushed up a bit higher, obviously realising they were too deep. They started getting tighter in midfield and it paid dividends when they went 2-1 up, again from a set piece - Tony Fahy the scorer. However the old pattern emerged again, and Balla again dropped off too deep, allowing man of the match Conor Kavanagh to run the show. Despite this, Balla had a chance to wrap it up on the break. All game I had been saying that Kelleher was the wrong man to have upfront when sitting deep. A paceman who can run the channels was needed. Robbie got through behind the defence but he couldn't pull away from his man, and keeper Gary Neville came out to thwart him. Eventually Balla took off Robbie (who worked hard in fairness) and put Fahy upfront. But he was off colour and his first touch was atrocious at times.

Pike were camped in Balla's half for the last twenty minutes, and eventually the equaliser came. A silly unnecessary challenge from Fahy resulted in a Tierney free kick. Sub John Boyle got away from fellow sub Dara Droog at the back stick to send the game into extra time.

The 20 minute period of extra time was relatively uneventful, with both teams tired. Pike were always favourites for the penalties, and so it proved, Kevin Nolan missing the decisive penalty and Colm Enright converting the winner.

An exciting but poor quality game. Pike will have to improve greatly if they are to retain their title. Boris Hanrahan in particular was incredibly poor and stormed off into the stands when subbed. Moloney also had a big off day. The centre of midfield is a formidable area for them though, and Tierney and Kavanagh dominated today against Doran, Brock and Lee. Balla can take heart from this, but simple tactical errors like not putting someone goalside of Kavanagh in open play, and not putting a channel runner up top cost them. Also, fitness constantly seems to be an issue for them.

theboywonder8
11/12/2011, 5:56 PM
You're down a score bud,now off with ya.

Jofspring
11/12/2011, 6:00 PM
Probably getting looked after better at the boro anyway.. More resources there I'd say..

Barr the problems he himself had with the manager, the players are looked after very well at Limerick so he wouldn't be looked after any better.

AlanOB
11/12/2011, 6:16 PM
You're down a score bud,now off with ya.

I'm not actually.

Pike fan I take it?

Second
11/12/2011, 6:42 PM
I think he was answering my comment bud.. O he's a pike fan alright .. One of the blinkered ones.. Full of his own ???? He let's down the real pike fans..

Fairkop
11/12/2011, 6:48 PM
can hardly be shocked that my.. st.mics obsessionists..rally the intelligent response by referring to something completely different,this is fai junior cup thread,[regarding the inference keep trying lads.]BTW.great report alan ob did not get to game so nice to get a balanced view on proceedings.

junglegym
11/12/2011, 6:55 PM
FAI Junior Cup 5th Round: Moyross FC 1 Kinsale 1 (Kinsale won 4-3 on pens aet); Athenry 1 Fairview 1 (Athenry won 5-4 on pens aet)

Sat Results
Any Sun results ?

Glen Celtic ( Cork AUL) 1 - 1 Wicklow Rovers
Wicklow won 7-6 on spotters after extra time.

culloty82
11/12/2011, 7:43 PM
Moneygall 1-2 Dingle Bay Rovers

The Kerry League usually gets one club into the last 32 in recent seasons, but Dingle have never been a major power locally, so would be no match for Pike, Castlebar etc.

celticlads
11/12/2011, 7:47 PM
Moneygall 1-2 Dingle Bay Rovers

The Kerry League usually gets one club into the last 32 in recent seasons, but Dingle have never been a major power locally, so would be no match for Pike, Castlebar etc.

were you at the game how did it go?

CRFC
11/12/2011, 8:59 PM
Best of luck to Kilbarrack Utd in rest of competition from all at Carrick Rovers, good bunch of lads!

Longshanks
11/12/2011, 9:10 PM
Carbury 0 Ballymote 4, bit of a surprise result fom last round of Sligo/Leitrim/Roscommon, Ballymote now travel to play Claremorris in round 5

Longshanks
11/12/2011, 9:15 PM
also round 3 result, St Johns 3 Calry Bohs 0

KUFCMan
11/12/2011, 9:55 PM
Kilbarrack 0-0 Carrick Rovers-Kilbarrack win 5-4 on Pens

Nothing between the sides today in a very evenly contested game.0-0 aet the dreaded pens where we just about won.Carrick were a decent side all over the pitch with no weaknesses.Very few chances on a bitterly cold day.
Best of luck to Carrick in the Meath League for the rest of the season.

ponyobrien
11/12/2011, 10:07 PM
Clonmel Celtic 1-0 Glenea United

blinkx
11/12/2011, 11:55 PM
can hardly be shocked that my.. st.mics obsessionists..rally the intelligent response by referring to something completely different,this is fai junior cup thread,[regarding the inference keep trying lads.]BTW.great report alan ob did not get to game so nice to get a balanced view on proceedings.

Could you possibly review you posts before they are submitted?
They are getting increasingly hard to read.
A few edits to include the likes of Capital Letters, spacing, spelling, etc would be appreciated.
Ironic right? When you are trying to rally "the intelligent reply."

On the Pike game. Not a day for football, horrible weather. Pike aren't quite up to last years standard, but similar to Munster currently, they are doing enough to win games and progress in competitions. Don't think we'll see many FAI Cup games until at least mid January. And a note "AlanOB", nice match report, it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the Limerick Leader report tomorrow.

theboywonder8
12/12/2011, 12:04 AM
Good man blinx,

realcelt
12/12/2011, 2:08 AM
Yeah in Carrick its 3 euro per league gamballe and a 5r for the out of town stages of the FAI and Munster Junior Cups. The referee and linesman cost have to be coveres and also if a team is travelling distance, food afterwards needs to be sorted for them.very true but u would never see a a Kerry league game charge.its a real shame that kerry soccer doesnt take it as serious as we,ll say as limerick soccer because there is fantastic footballers down there.they are as good at soccer as they are as gaelic...fact!

safe hands
12/12/2011, 2:45 AM

A late equaliser from substitute John Boyle denied Ballynanty a huge 15/2 upset here in the Sports Ground. Balla opened the scoring early in the first half - a free kick on the right connecting with the head of Dermot Fitzgerald. After the goal however, Balla retreated into their own half and gave Pike far too much time on the ball. They were forming a bank of five in front of the defence, which meant that Conor Kavanagh was able to drop off and play balls to the wings. And it was from the right wing that the equaliser eventually came. Tierney joined Mick Aherne on that side, overloading Balla left winger Tony Fahy. His great inswinging cross was despatched by Alan Barry. 1-1. It was a somewhat controversial goal however, as it was well into first-half injury time.

Second half, Balla pushed up a bit higher, obviously realising they were too deep. They started getting tighter in midfield and it paid dividends when they went 2-1 up, again from a set piece - Tony Fahy the scorer. However the old pattern emerged again, and Balla again dropped off too deep, allowing man of the match Conor Kavanagh to run the show. Despite this, Balla had a chance to wrap it up on the break. All game I had been saying that Kelleher was the wrong man to have upfront when sitting deep. A paceman who can run the channels was needed. Robbie got through behind the defence but he couldn't pull away from his man, and keeper Gary Neville came out to thwart him. Eventually Balla took off Robbie (who worked hard in fairness) and put Fahy upfront. But he was off colour and his first touch was atrocious at times.

Pike were camped in Balla's half for the last twenty minutes, and eventually the equaliser came. A silly unnecessary challenge from Fahy resulted in a Tierney free kick. Sub John Boyle got away from fellow sub Dara Droog at the back stick to send the game into extra time.

The 20 minute period of extra time was relatively uneventful, with both teams tired. Pike were always favourites for the penalties, and so it proved, Kevin Nolan missing the decisive penalty and Colm Enright converting the winner.

An exciting but poor quality game. Pike will have to improve greatly if they are to retain their title. Boris Hanrahan in particular was incredibly poor and stormed off into the stands when subbed. Moloney also had a big off day. The centre of midfield is a formidable area for them though, and Tierney and Kavanagh dominated today against Doran, Brock and Lee. Balla can take heart from this, but simple tactical errors like not putting someone goalside of Kavanagh in open play, and not putting a channel runner up top cost them. Also, fitness constantly seems to be an issue for them.pal you have put a lot of words to put you 10 pence across.. you did'nt say that much bout cardavhin when they took pike to pens you can pick the bones out of us robbie dodo and so on but your lookin out of your A**E if you are saying we were not value for money today in 1 line i can say we lost you took the alphabet to make excuses pike lads are great lads we were all in the pub tonight google earth could'nt find you build a bridge get over it we did best of luck to pike from here on in

fatboyslim
12/12/2011, 8:12 AM
anyone have the updated draw?

Longshanks
12/12/2011, 9:32 AM
few results:

11/12/2011

Corrib Rangers
vs
Mountview Utd

14:00
More

Venue : Terryland

Hill Celtic
vs
OLBC

More

Venue : Hill Celtic

10/12/2011

Athenry
vs
Fairview FC

More

Sunday 11th December
FAI Umbro Junior Cup 5th Round
Highview FC 2-1 Ballinasloe Town
Milford United 3-0 Castlerea Celtic

Umbro F.A.I.Junior Cup—Round 5
Newcastle West 0 v 3 Castlebar Celtic 2.00pm
Tramore FC 3 v 1 Ballina Town 12.00pm

SUNDAY Dec 11
FAI Jun Cup:
Kilbarrack 0, Carrick 0, AET, [5 – 3 Pens];
Peake Villa (Thurles) 2, Quay Celtic 0.

hotspur
12/12/2011, 10:24 AM

An exciting but poor quality game. Pike will have to improve greatly if they are to retain their title. Boris Hanrahan in particular was incredibly poor and stormed off into the stands when subbed. Moloney also had a big off day. The centre of midfield is a formidable area for them though, and Tierney and Kavanagh dominated today against Doran, Brock and Lee. Balla can take heart from this, but simple tactical errors like not putting someone goalside of Kavanagh in open play, and not putting a channel runner up top cost them. Also, fitness constantly seems to be an issue for them. Thanks jimmy mcgee

hotspur
12/12/2011, 10:28 AM
Well done to pike rovers some achievement with the players that they have lost this year.

Longshanks
12/12/2011, 11:37 AM
also round 3 result, St Johns 3 Calry Bohs 0

apologies not a 3rd FAI result, Connacht Cup

Balbec77
12/12/2011, 11:52 AM
Well done to pike rovers some achievement with the players that they have lost this year.are pike only team left in fai from limerick.

Longshanks
12/12/2011, 12:04 PM
I think these teams into the 6th round:
OLBC
Castlebar Celtic
Pike
Sherriff
Kilbarrack
Dingle Bay
Highview
Peakevilla
Wicklow Rovers
Trinity Corths
Clonmel Celtic
New Oak Boys
Corrib Rangers
Milford Utd
Tramore FC
Kinsale
Ballymun
Killester
Athenry
Broadford
Sandyhill Celtic

Longshanks
12/12/2011, 12:09 PM
5th round matches still to be played:

Claremorris v Ballymote Celtic
Evergreen v Willow Park
Landen Utd v St Michaels
Bridge Utd v Kentstown
Wayside Celtic v Glebe North
Bansha v Knockavilla
Carndonagh v CIE Ranch or Richmond Rvrs
Crettyard Utd v Middleton FC
St John Bosco v Mungret Regional
Carrick Utd v Gweedore Celtic
O'Devaney Dunard v Baldoyle Utd

some of these games could've been played but I couldnt find any results

ponyobrien
12/12/2011, 12:20 PM
5th round matches still to be played:

Evergreen v Willow Park
Landen Utd v St Michaels
Bridge Utd v Kentstown
Bansha v Knockavilla

some of these games could've been played but I couldnt find any results

Landen Utd v St Michaels
Bansha v Knockavilla

Both these ties are to be played on 18/12/11

pearse4t3
12/12/2011, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=Longshanks;1559593]5th round matches still to be played:

Evergreen v Willow Park
Landen Utd v St Michaels
Bridge Utd v Kentstown
Bansha v Knockavilla

some of these games could've been played but I couldnt find any results[/QUOTE

St John Bosco beat Mungret Reg 5-1

Inswinger
12/12/2011, 1:12 PM
Bansha v Knockavilla, this game has been changed to Bansha v Coachford AFC, down for this Sunday at 2pm in Bansha, Coachford were reinstated as Knockavilla fielded an illegal player.

dutchie
12/12/2011, 1:48 PM
are pike only team left in fai from limerick.

Broadford from Limerick Desmond lge still there .

ponyobrien
12/12/2011, 1:58 PM
Boylesports outhright odds 12/12/11
Pike Rovers 7/2
Sheriff YC 9/2
St. Michaels 7/1
Tramore 8/1
Carrick United 12/1
Clonmel Celtic 12/1
Ballymun United 14/1
Baldoyle United 16/1
Castlebar Celtic 18/1
Athenry 20/1
Willow Park 20/1
Sandyhill Celtic 22/1
Kilbarrack United 22/1
Peake Villa 22/1
Old Ladies Boys Club 50/1
Landen United 50/1
Kinsale 66/1
Killester United 80/1

Roadend
12/12/2011, 2:12 PM
Boylesports outhright odds 12/12/11
Old Ladies Boys Club 50/1

I heard they have a load of tits and knobs playing for them.

oooooooh matron

Longshanks
12/12/2011, 2:16 PM
I heard they have a load of tits and knobs playing for them.

oooooooh matron

I could be wrong but I thought they were Our Ladies Boys Club??

leather
12/12/2011, 2:30 PM
well played hill celtic yesterday. the opposition were a bit fitter and a little smarter than you, but it will stand you in good stead for the rest of the season.

AlanOB
12/12/2011, 5:08 PM
pal you have put a lot of words to put you 10 pence across.. you did'nt say that much bout cardavhin when they took pike to pens you can pick the bones out of us robbie dodo and so on but your lookin out of your A**E if you are saying we were not value for money today in 1 line i can say we lost you took the alphabet to make excuses pike lads are great lads we were all in the pub tonight google earth could'nt find you build a bridge get over it we did best of luck to pike from here on in

Sorry mate. In future all my posts will be four line, borderline illiterate, post-pub crap.

I promise.

balls
12/12/2011, 8:54 PM
any truth pike have brought in 3 new signings from league of ireland. big colin Hawkins from dundalk fc, jeffrey judge of limerick and another lad of athlone town. looks like fai is staying where it is in limerick for another year if these are true

Jofspring
12/12/2011, 9:03 PM
any truth pike have brought in 3 new signings from league of ireland. big colin Hawkins from dundalk fc, jeffrey judge of limerick and another lad of athlone town. looks like fai is staying where it is in limerick for another year if these are true

Judge is supposed to have said he has not signed for Pike. Gary Higgins ex Athlone, Janesboro, Weston Villa and one of the Shannon Teams is the other player. Hawkins seems far fetched to be honest. LOI Premier to Junior Soccer. Think I saw it mentioned that he is the Dublin Oscar traynor manager too.

Draper
12/12/2011, 9:09 PM
Whens' the draw lads?

kalyani
13/12/2011, 7:47 AM
Jeffrey Judge has signed for Pike:confused:, and he has gone there for the love of the club i am sure :confused:, absolutely a joke what is going on and we need the FAI or LDMC to do something about it, as the good and excitement is going out of junior football fast with the carry on.

blinkx
13/12/2011, 8:22 AM
Jeffrey Judge has signed for Pike:confused:, and he has gone there for the love of the club i am sure :confused:, absolutely a joke what is going on and we need the FAI or LDMC to do something about it, as the good and excitement is going out of junior football fast with the carry on.

Pike sign 1 player and there's uproar?? And Janesboro to date have signed what at least 10-12 new players this year. All signing for the love of the club I'm sure.