PDA

View Full Version : Republic of Ireland V Slovakia - Friday, 2nd September 2011 - Euro 2012 Qualifier

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 11:42 AM
Enjoy the trip.

CraftyToePoke
I have work and cannot get anyone to cover me as I am off tomorrow as well, being off both nights was a non runner, so I will be trying to stream it from a place where I am not sure I will be able to get online yet even ...

Absolute complete nightmare scenario, I had this covered until an hour ago but have been let down badly.

Real ale Madrid
Leaving work in 20 mins - drive to Eindhoven, Mickey Leary's finest to Dublin. Then prawn sandwiches galore!

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 11:45 AM
I have work and cannot get anyone to cover me as I am off tomorrow as well, being off both nights was a non runner, so I will be trying to stream it from a place where I am not sure I will be able to get online yet even ...

Absolute complete nightmare scenario, I had this covered until an hour ago but have been let down badly.

Ah that's cat.

tommy_c12000
02/09/2011, 12:22 PM
Leaving Donegal in a minute for the capital. Got a shrewd student budget made out for the wkend.

- Return petrol = E40 (to stick to this will require me averaging 50m/hr plus a tow from Omagh to Letterkenny, might have to keep a sneaky fiver in reserve just in case)
- Match ticket = E45 (Southstand, upper tier. Best seats in the house . . . . .)
- Pocket tissues = E0.50 (for the inevitable nosebleeds I will get at that altitude)
- 6 cans of Bavaria = E7.50
- 1 token pre-match pint to blend in with my more affluent working friends = E4.90
- Entry to nite club = E10
- McDonalds Double Quarter w/cheese meal (Diet Coke) = E7.50

TOTAL COST = E115.40

Ultimate cost of the trip = Living off Aldi pizzas for the next 9 days until I get more money monday wk.
Excitement and buzz of being in the Aviva cheering on the Boys in Green in a crucial Euro Qualifier = Priceless

Best of luck to the lads! COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!!

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 12:30 PM
Where are all the other pints in between after your cans of bavaria?

tommy_c12000
02/09/2011, 12:37 PM
Where are all the other pints in between after your cans of bavaria?

My friends are very supportive but didn't want to jinx it by taking it for granted and factoring it into my wkend budget!

tetsujin1979
02/09/2011, 12:39 PM

whatever course of action/retaliation you take, rest assured no jury would convict you

christo
02/09/2011, 12:41 PM
Argh, I wish it kicked off earlier

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 12:42 PM
whatever course of action/retaliation you take, rest assured no jury would convict you

A jury composed solely of denizens of here.

tetsujin1979
02/09/2011, 12:44 PM
A jury composed solely of denizens of here.
actually, finding 12 men, honest and true, here would be some achievement!

Closed Account
02/09/2011, 12:48 PM
Phew , only asked for the afternoon off at 12.50, the day after getting a warning for being late on Mondays.

On the train now and meeting the lads in Dublin. Biggest problem is that I've a relegation death match tomorrow so can't drink tonight. Hopefully the euphoria of a win tonight will make the inevitable night out bearable.

elroy
02/09/2011, 1:00 PM
Shane Long out of tonights game.

EDIT: Looks like I heard about 4 hours after every one else.

pineapple stu
02/09/2011, 1:00 PM
actually, finding 12 men, honest and true, here would be some achievement!
Isn't that why Adam's the sole overlord?

cornflakes
02/09/2011, 1:07 PM
Škrtel targets Dublin draw for Slovakia - http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro2012/news/newsid=1671407.html

Noelys Guitar
02/09/2011, 1:23 PM
Was that Cascarino on the radio there a few mins ago? Just caught the end of it. Was suggesting that Doyle was always going to start and that Trap is playing mind games. Long to be on the bench. Not beyond the bounds.

CraftyToePoke
02/09/2011, 1:28 PM
Was that Cascarino on the radio there a few mins ago? Just caught the end of it. Was suggesting that Doyle was always going to start and that Trap is playing mind games. Long to be on the bench. Not beyond the bounds.

I was thinking this, depends if Long is well enough for the bench or not I suppose, do we know the bench yet? Oh happy days to actually have strikers enough to contemplate mind games, remember when we headed off to a world cup with Tommy Coyne and a knackered Aldridge.

tommy_c12000
02/09/2011, 1:35 PM
One quick point I want to make before I jump in my car (I'm not as technologically advanced as Joe_D or BonnieS who bang in comments via their mobile phones willy-nilly. Dial up serves me grand . . . . ): For the first time since the last time Roy Keane played I am not overly concerned with our midfield being especially vulnerable. I've actually watched Glenn Whelan in two full Premier League games this season, and he actually impressed me greatly. His tackling and breaking up the play was spot on, and his range of passing was brilliant. He's in great form coming into this match. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Whelan grabs the man of the match accolade. Even though Ipswich's start to the season has been nothing short of tragic, Andrews has managed to grab himself a couple of goals and has been their one leading light by all accounts.

Glad I got that off my chest. Off now to dublin. Good luck

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 1:43 PM
I don't do Willy Nilly. That's Paul's job.
I'm calculating and considered.

With you on that Tommy re confidence.

1hr 17min to go...

Noelys Guitar
02/09/2011, 1:44 PM
One quick point I want to make before I jump in my car (I'm not as technologically advanced as Joe_D or BonnieS who bang in comments via their mobile phones willy-nilly. Dial up serves me grand . . . . ): For the first time since the last time Roy Keane played I am not overly concerned with our midfield being especially vulnerable. I've actually watched Glenn Whelan in two full Premier League games this season, and he actually impressed me greatly. His tackling and breaking up the play was spot on, and his range of passing was brilliant. He's in great form coming into this match. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Whelan grabs the man of the match accolade. Even though Ipswich's start to the season has been nothing short of tragic, Andrews has managed to grab himself a couple of goals and has been their one leading light by all accounts.

Glad I got that off my chest. Off now to dublin. Good luck

Agree about Whelan's start to the season. His passing seems to have improved. Played one cross field ball against Chelsea that was top drawer. Hope it continues tonight and on Tuesday.

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2011, 1:55 PM
Leaving Donegal in a minute for the capital. Got a shrewd student budget made out for the wkend.

- Return petrol = E40 (to stick to this will require me averaging 50m/hr plus a tow from Omagh to Letterkenny, might have to keep a sneaky fiver in reserve just in case)
- Match ticket = E45 (Southstand, upper tier. Best seats in the house . . . . .)
- Pocket tissues = E0.50 (for the inevitable nosebleeds I will get at that altitude)
- 6 cans of Bavaria = E7.50
- 1 token pre-match pint to blend in with my more affluent working friends = E4.90
- Entry to nite club = E10
- McDonalds Double Quarter w/cheese meal (Diet Coke) = E7.50

TOTAL COST = E115.40

Ultimate cost of the trip = Living off Aldi pizzas for the next 9 days until I get more money monday wk.
Excitement and buzz of being in the Aviva cheering on the Boys in Green in a crucial Euro Qualifier = Priceless

Best of luck to the lads! COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN!!!!!!!!!
4.90 for a pint? Tenner into a nightclub? Lad, it's not 2007 anymore - we even have a chance of qualifying this year!

jbyrne
02/09/2011, 1:56 PM

but if this was so why tell the slovaks early rather than keeping it till 5 mins before KO?

Noelys Guitar
02/09/2011, 2:06 PM
but if this was so why tell the slovaks early rather than keeping it till 5 mins before KO? True. But it will be a very strange one if Long is on the bench. Its probably a genuine injury but if Long is a sub then Trap has either changed his mind or is trying to mess even more with Weiss (ie revealing to the press that Hamsik needed injections last week to play for his club side in Italy). And I really hope Long is available to play as a sub. Or at worst available to play on Tuesday. Doyler to score two tonight.

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 2:11 PM
1/4 Kinda of the journey done...east India to Liverpool st station and on train in under 25 mins.i hope that's the toughest running in underground stations with know aircon on a boiling hot day is a tough task for someone as unfit as me....

Trap is sounding quite confident im getting worried...

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 2:13 PM
Did you bring the Gucci luggage Paul?

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 2:37 PM
Arlie Darwin not where i go in Dublin.i mean as in not any place i go...normal pubs that is!!!

I did! quick change of shoes and shirt for later.how did you know it was gucci

listening to we're all part of jackies army....over and over and over and over and over.come on Ireland!i left work earlier than planned and with my part of a demo broken but dxuk it...i might not be saying this on Monday mind....and over and over

this flight better not get delayed....

Oh i just let it play into wind of change....i think or hope this song could be quite apt in a few days....an out with the old and in with the new....not a change in wind from bonniesehles posterior that is.

elroy
02/09/2011, 3:24 PM
Oh jesus, ive been doing well all week but a fupping nervous wreck now. This game is so MASSIVE. Come on YBIG!! Come on the foot.ie crew, lets bring the result home tonight. YBIG - nothing, nothing compares to you!!!!

PS Thought the russia game was off at 4, looks to be five, even nervous about that as well. Oh god.

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 3:39 PM
Haha elroy as bonniesehles says leave heart on sleeve Willy nilly (Willy Willy came up.pnn my phone) stuff to me.ah no great to see you come out of the box and show yer hand.

Still not on this flight.for fcuk sake come.on ryanair do you not know the importance of me being in the Aviva to the boys in green

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 3:43 PM
Just how locked are you Paul?

Just about to disembark at Blackrock station after the longest day in the history of my working life. Nirvana time.
The pint in O'Rourkes is calling me.
Leave here at 7 and an easy stroll to the upper east.

Come on Ireland!

Come on!

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 4:03 PM
Plane moving!

elroy
02/09/2011, 4:04 PM
Fair play to ye lads doing the long travels. Im working on stephens green and have only a short walk. But id imagine the long journey almost adds to the occasion on these big game nights. Russia game is underway, a draw would be very nice, thank you.

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 4:05 PM
Plane not moving arggggh

MeathDrog
02/09/2011, 4:08 PM
Fantastic updates here lads.

DannyInvincible
02/09/2011, 4:18 PM
Plane not moving arggggh

They're waiting for you to turn your mobile off.

elroy
02/09/2011, 4:22 PM
They're waiting for you to turn your mobile off.

Breakingnews.ie: An Irishman has been arrested on board a plane destined for Dublin. We have no further details at this time, however fellow passengers noted that the man was very nervy and continually looking at his phone. He also ignored repeated calls to turn off the phone. It is understood that when confronted he said that he was just so bl**dy nervous because Ireland have a massive game against Slovakia in a few hours time. It is not clear at this time if the individual was under the influence of alcohol. More to follow.........

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2011, 6:01 PM
Breakingnews.ie: An Irishman has been arrested on board a plane destined for Dublin. We have no further details at this time, however fellow passengers noted that the man was very nervy and continually looking at his phone. He also ignored repeated calls to turn off the phone. It is understood that when confronted he said that he was just so bl**dy nervous because Ireland have a massive game against Slovakia in a few hours time. It is not clear at this time if the individual was under the influence of alcohol. More to follow.........
The individual then proceeded to stand up and do what has been termed a "Depardieu".

BonnieShels
02/09/2011, 6:13 PM

But then they read this and it became clear he was...

Haha elroy as bonniesehles says leave heart on sleeve Willy nilly (Willy Willy came up.pnn my phone) stuff to me.ah no great to see you come out of the box and show yer hand.

Still not on this flight.for fcuk sake come.on ryanair do you not know the importance of me being in the Aviva to the boys in green

Charlie Darwin
02/09/2011, 6:17 PM
Any idea who's commentating for RTE tonight?

Irish_Praha
02/09/2011, 6:22 PM
Any streams lads? myp2p doesn'T exist anymore

DannyInvincible
02/09/2011, 6:31 PM
Any streams lads? myp2p doesn'T exist anymore

Sopcast stream with Russian commentary here: sop://sop.rojadirecta.es:3912/91871

It's tennis at the minute, but it's showing the match, according to http://www.rojadirecta.es.

paul_oshea
02/09/2011, 6:31 PM
Phillip Greene? Lads bring a man bag to all games.yoing get cans in.

I had to buy a booster ti check my card whether it was the right one before i made a big walk and potential turn around to be hit with bonniws advice of 'bring both and sure w
one will scan one won't'.

That information cost me 5 pound

Luckily i brought the right one......

Irish_Praha
02/09/2011, 6:37 PM
Sopcast stream with Russian commentary here: sop://sop.rojadirecta.es:3912/91871

It's tennis at the minute, but it's showing the match, according to http://www.rojadirecta.es.

Cheers Danny.

MagicMon
02/09/2011, 6:39 PM
Any English commentary ones?

tricky_colour
02/09/2011, 6:44 PM
I can't get any of he streams listed to work, are there any others I could try?

lostinbrum
02/09/2011, 6:44 PM
Google footballstreaminginfo and you get a selection of links to streams from all over, including Ireland game...seem to be a few links to sky coverage

theworm2345
02/09/2011, 6:48 PM
This is one should have English, if the ESPN3 stream ever actually comes on
http://soccerjumbo-future.blogspot.com/2009/12/channel-1.html

seanfhear
02/09/2011, 6:49 PM

That stream is not working for me guys. Any others out there please ? ?

Metrostars
02/09/2011, 6:53 PM
also this one works
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/81594/1/watch-rep-of-ireland-vs-slovakia.html

OwenGoal
02/09/2011, 6:54 PM
This is one should have English, if the ESPN3 stream ever actually comes on
http://soccerjumbo-future.blogspot.com/2009/12/channel-1.html

this ones working but no sound

theworm2345
02/09/2011, 6:57 PM
this ones working but no sound
Was just crowd sound for a few minutes but theres commentary now...I believe thats Ronnie Whelan doing color commentary.