View Full Version : Cyprus (Away) Sat 8th Oct 05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

Green Tribe
19/09/2005, 5:53 PM
What time of year was that Peadar? I'm too lazy to look it up! :o

Was it the middle of March? :confused:

SuperDub
19/09/2005, 7:26 PM
Yea it was the end of march. the evenings at that time of the year all always cold there. That was one cold night. Looking athe climate at this time of the year i think it will be pretty warm :)

ccfcgirl
19/09/2005, 9:58 PM
Anyone here staying in the Anthea Apartment in Aiya Napa?

Green Tribe
19/09/2005, 10:16 PM
Anyone here staying in the Anthea Apartment in Aiya Napa?

That's where we are going to book on a last minute deal......hopefully.

NeilMcD
20/09/2005, 9:06 AM
Yeah thats where I am staying with my brother. See you there, Our apartment will be the one with the Ireland flag outside it.

Peadar
20/09/2005, 9:21 AM
That was one cold night. Looking athe climate at this time of the year i think it will be pretty warm :)

I think it just gets cold in the desert at night. :(
I'll be bringing a cardigan this time, just in case. ;)

Paulie
20/09/2005, 10:23 AM
The weather last time was great during the day but it did get pretty chilly at night. This time I'll be bringing a sweatshirt to the game.

Sligo Hornet
20/09/2005, 11:28 AM
The weather last time was great during the day but it did get pretty chilly at night. This time I'll be bringing a sweatshirt to the game.

Sweatshirt, cardigan??.............Jelly Babies!! :D

Green Tribe
20/09/2005, 6:16 PM
I think it just gets cold in the desert at night. :(
I'll be bringing a cardigan this time, just in case. ;)

A wee zippy pink one Peadar...... ;)

ps bohs
20/09/2005, 11:33 PM
anyone staying in the green Bungaloes in Ayia NAPA

Paulie
21/09/2005, 10:29 AM
We're staying in Ayia napa alright, just not there. We're at the Napa Plaza Hotel.

Reddladd
21/09/2005, 12:16 PM
Most of you seem to be staying around Aiya Napa, is anyone staying in Limassol? Looks to be a far better cultural experience if you're into that sort of thing. A combination of partying and sightseeing! No shortage of bars either.

Peadar
21/09/2005, 12:21 PM
is anyone staying in Limassol?

Yes, my posse and I are staying there.
We stayed there for the last game and it was fine.
Not sure about the culture though.
You'd pretty much see it all in one day.
The bars are grand.
Steer clear of the strip clubs though.
They're full of women trafficked from Russia/Eastern Europe.
Some taxi driver will try to take you to these places if you're unsure of where you're going.

Ash
21/09/2005, 12:22 PM
Anyone staying around the Avenue Hotel Apartments in Larnaca?

According to the website its:
Makarios Avenue, within 10 minutes walking distance from the main
beach area of Phoenikoudes, the shopping centre, banks, pubs, cafs,
restaurants, pharmacies, travel agents and discos.

michaelguineys
21/09/2005, 12:59 PM
Diid anyone hear from Global Travel that the company supposed to be flying us from Stansted are gone bust???
And we have to fly from gatwick now?
I don't know if my friend is winding me up or what.
Hope she is

Do d duffer
21/09/2005, 3:31 PM
To anyone staying in Ayia Napa, there's 54 of us, yes 54, staying in Nicks Apts right on the strip! Ayia Napa is a great spot and will be a sea of green, doubt there will be many other nationalities there that week but it should be great craic and another Ireland Away Trip to remember. People shudnt worry about travel to and from the stadium because the majority of irish bars in cyrpus will run buses.

Roll on a bit of sun,sea, sand and sangria!!!

Not long to go now!

:p :p :p

dessieisgod
21/09/2005, 7:37 PM
Staying in the Anthea Apartments as well, ccfcgirl. 5 of us heading from Westmeath. I cant wait. Been to Ayia Napa 3 years ago and it was great craic. Somebody told me that a lot of the clubs & pubs close at the end of September. I hope this isn't true. Can anyone confirm? If so, there won't be standing room in Luke Kellys.

onenilgameover
21/09/2005, 9:44 PM
Diid anyone hear from Global Travel that the company supposed to be flying us from Stansted are gone bust???
And we have to fly from gatwick now?
I don't know if my friend is winding me up or what.
Hope she is

Which trip are ye on 7 or 4 day. I'm on the 7 day and AFAIK it was always gatwick they were going from...Tickets should be out to us soon too.

Steve seems like a reliable bloke...and will be back on here to answer your questions soon

Green Tribe
21/09/2005, 10:39 PM
yeah, the global travel flights are from gatwick or birmingham, no flight from stansted at all, where did ya hear that???
steve will be on soon to put you straight and bol-lock ye for not paying attention! ;) :p :D

Green Tribe
21/09/2005, 10:40 PM
Staying in the Anthea Apartments as well, ccfcgirl. 5 of us heading from Westmeath. I cant wait. Been to Ayia Napa 3 years ago and it was great craic. Somebody told me that a lot of the clubs & pubs close at the end of September. I hope this isn't true. Can anyone confirm? If so, there won't be standing room in Luke Kellys.

aargh i hope it is still available for us to book....... :eek:

ashy
22/09/2005, 3:26 AM
hi ya anyone have email address or phone number for match tickets.

parkhead
22/09/2005, 7:22 AM
aargh i hope it is still available for us to book....... :eek:

Theres around 15 of us stating there. All from Leixlip.
By the way Abbey travel upgraded us to this apartment complex from another one. I think they did it for a lot of people too. So you would want to get booking now!

PaulB
22/09/2005, 7:30 AM
Steer clear of the strip clubs though.
They're full of women trafficked from Russia/Eastern Europe.

Don't know whether you saw the program of Channel 4 on Monday about this, shocking stuff. Should make people think twice before going to strip clubs/brothels etc etc..

Enough moralising for now, won't be going this time, enjoy the trip..

zinedineontour
22/09/2005, 9:14 AM
Theres around 15 of us stating there. All from Leixlip.
By the way Abbey travel upgraded us to this apartment complex from another one. I think they did it for a lot of people too. So you would want to get booking now!

think everyone was moved from the phillipiana they are some kip .. anthea not bad ..

Green Tribe
22/09/2005, 6:05 PM
sorry steve, didn't know there was a stansted flight..... :o

ccfcgirl
22/09/2005, 8:07 PM
Staying in the Anthea Apartments as well, ccfcgirl. 5 of us heading from Westmeath. I cant wait. Been to Ayia Napa 3 years ago and it was great craic. Somebody told me that a lot of the clubs & pubs close at the end of September. I hope this isn't true. Can anyone confirm? If so, there won't be standing room in Luke Kellys.The Anthea are lovily apartments and very central .I got an email from luke kelly lots of fun and games organised for the week .I will post up juring the week whats on and what days .

aidz1
23/09/2005, 11:11 AM
does any1 know of any late pachages available for affordable prices at the mo? (i'm about to scour the net now, but any useful help much appreciated)
found out from work just this morning that i can take the few days off..

Ash
23/09/2005, 11:59 AM
Match tickets arrived today :)

Sligo Hornet
23/09/2005, 12:22 PM
:cool: :(
Match tickets arrived today :)

Aren't you the lucky one!!....i'm on the 'hunt' for 4 tickets!.....just have trawl all the bars over there......hic hic! :D

ccfcgirl
23/09/2005, 2:48 PM
does any1 know of any late pachages available for affordable prices at the mo? (i'm about to scour the net now, but any useful help much appreciated)
found out from work just this morning that i can take the few days off..Do Cork - stanstead Ryanair
then book www.sterlingtours.co.uk. wed- wed.

Ash
23/09/2005, 2:59 PM
.i'm on the 'hunt' for 4 tickets!.....just have trawl all the bars over there......hic hic! :D

Shouldnt have much of a problem getting them over there, unless you get too
drunk while searching and forget ;)

Happened to a lad me met in Tel Aviv. Got so drunk before the game he forgot
the game was on so he left the pub, in full battle gear :D , and headed back to
the hotel.

Only realised what was going on when the barmaid in the hotel flicked on the
tv and put the match on :eek:

Saint Tom
23/09/2005, 6:25 PM
thats outrageous Ash! bet he wasnt the only one though.. everyone was jarred in tel aviv

Condex
24/09/2005, 8:21 AM
Shouldnt have much of a problem getting them over there, unless you get too
drunk while searching and forget ;)

Happened to a lad me met in Tel Aviv. Got so drunk before the game he forgot
the game was on so he left the pub, in full battle gear :D , and headed back to
the hotel.

Only realised what was going on when the barmaid in the hotel flicked on the
tv and put the match on :eek:

Was this fella a 'Ginger' by any chance ? ;)

zinedineontour
24/09/2005, 9:21 AM
Really dont get why people get so locked before a game ... whats the point ffs ? Wont even remember what happened or owt ...

Colie
24/09/2005, 12:11 PM
Really dont get why people get so locked before a game ... whats the point ffs ? Wont even remember what happened or owt ...
Those 5 or 6 lads outside the Buzz Bar were total writeoffs when we arrived & that was a good 4 hours before the game. There's no way any of them made it.

Ash
26/09/2005, 9:54 AM
Was this fella a 'Ginger' by any chance ?

Nope, so he had no excuse :)
Think he eventually got back out to the stadium for the 2nd half

roboyle
26/09/2005, 1:33 PM
Anybody got their accomodation details yet from Globaltravel? I rang last Friday week and the girl said they'd be sending them out within a couple of days... :confused:

Only2keanos
26/09/2005, 2:51 PM
Our flights are with cyprus airways from stansted arriving at 8:40 pm on Monday the 3rd and returning to stansted departing larnaca at 10:30 am on Monday the 10th. We are going to get a minibus to and from ayia napa.
If any of you are on either of these flights and staying in or around Ayia Napa then PM me if you would be interested in sharing the minibus. We have 1 quote of 41 cypriot pounds for 1 way transfer of 10 people.

Schlooooomp
26/09/2005, 4:00 PM
Those 5 or 6 lads outside the Buzz Bar were total writeoffs when we arrived & that was a good 4 hours before the game. There's no way any of them made it.

I guess some of the reason that there is a good atmosphere at away games is because a lot of the fans are half ****ed!

michaelguineys
26/09/2005, 5:00 PM
Anybody got their accomodation details yet from Globaltravel? I rang last Friday week and the girl said they'd be sending them out within a couple of days... :confused:

Dont talk to me...its going from bad to worse with them.
They have changed the apartments now!!
We were originally going cork-stansted-paphos
Now, with less than a week to go we are told everything is changed...
Now its cork-stansted...
Bus to gatwick
Gatwick - larnaca
Bus to paphos!!!!!!!!!

And now we were told today that our apartments are changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With no reason given!!!!!!

Has anyone else had this hassle with them? Surely we are owed some financial compensation.
Can anyboday shed some light on this please?
Loads us have cancelled already and im thinkin of cancelling now too. Sounds very dodgy

Cowboy
26/09/2005, 8:34 PM
what is it with Irish travel agents?

AidoM
27/09/2005, 2:15 AM
Hello all! Just new to the site and going to Cyprus next Monday. I know I'm staying in Ayia Napa but haven't got all details yet as a friend of a friend is organising it but I know I'll be there and we'll have the usual ball

Eire06
27/09/2005, 8:43 AM
Dont talk to me...its going from bad to worse with them.
They have changed the apartments now!!
We were originally going cork-stansted-paphos
Now, with less than a week to go we are told everything is changed...
Now its cork-stansted...
Bus to gatwick
Gatwick - larnaca
Bus to paphos!!!!!!!!!

And now we were told today that our apartments are changed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With no reason given!!!!!!

Has anyone else had this hassle with them? Surely we are owed some financial compensation.
Can anyboday shed some light on this please?
Loads us have cancelled already and im thinkin of cancelling now too. Sounds very dodgy
I had an error on my flight details so rang this morning!! :(
Steve from Global travel is out of the country until Friday but spoke to one of the girls in the office who cleared everything up for me and was very helpful..
You should give them a shout at let them know your bothered about the change of apartments.. but don't think your entitled to compensation if the new apartments are of the same standard as the others (Same rating, amenities and not to far away from the original location)..
If you cancel this late you will prob not get any of your money back :o

holteender
27/09/2005, 9:58 AM
Howya everyone,

First post so be gentle with me. Match tickets arrived today, flight tickets arrived yesterday. No idea where we're staying yet, we find out when we get there, but here's hoping its in lovely Napa.

Superhoops
27/09/2005, 11:02 AM
what is it with Irish travel agents?
Are Global not based in Birmingham?

zinedineontour
27/09/2005, 11:31 AM
Are Global not based in Birmingham?

London ...

Green Army Girl
27/09/2005, 1:27 PM
www.globaltravelrugeley.co.uk thats Steve's website. He will get back to you as soon as he is back Fri he is a very dependable bloke.

onenilgameover
27/09/2005, 1:42 PM
Have people in Ireland/Dublin got their tickets form Global travel. They where sent out on thursday just gone.? If ye did get em what exactly did yis get?

Not worried mind still a few days left but no post on a Sat here as apposed to the UK who do.

michaelguineys
27/09/2005, 3:12 PM
Have people in Ireland/Dublin got their tickets form Global travel. They where sent out on thursday just gone.? If ye did get em what exactly did yis get?

Not worried mind still a few days left but no post on a Sat here as apposed to the UK who do.

Ya my buddy got all our tickets i think.
Well think we have to collect them in gatwick but def got something anyway

Dawn_Run
27/09/2005, 3:31 PM
Would anyone care to speculate as to how many travelling supporters we will have in Cyprus? There seems to be huge interest on here, lots of people I have spoken to seem to be going too. Could this be an invasion Paris-style?