PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus (Away) Sat 8th Oct 05

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Green Tribe
24/08/2005, 10:18 PM
Cyprus is coming around very quick .I cant wait for this trip :D :D

I know, just wait until the Green Army come ashore on the beaches of Cyprus, the place will be wild! :D

onenilgameover
25/08/2005, 8:33 AM
Are you on the Block Booking?

I got 2 from them aswell...They said that people got the amount of tickets that they had on the BB Scheme. And that they could sort everyone out. from what I hear there is nothing to worry about. Loadsa tics floatin round.

Peadar
25/08/2005, 9:01 AM
Just saw this on GoHop.ie (http://www.gohop.ie/) if anyone is still considering travelling.

Destination CYPRUS - AYIA NAPA
From Sun, Oct 2, 2005 DUB 23:55 / 07:00
To Sun, Oct 9, 2005 LARNACA 19:45 / 23:05

Accomodation HOTEL AYIA NAPA BAY
Bed + Breakfast

Twin Room 2/2 Cs
Adults 2
Duration 1 week
Price €709 per person

Colie
26/08/2005, 6:20 PM
Yeehooo, flight tickets came today. Yesss.

Ash
29/08/2005, 11:49 AM
:( Ive not heard yet about my application ( 4 tickets ).......did everyone get what they asked for...or has anyone been told they were unsuccessful?

I applied for 3 and got allocated 2 so Im happy with that.
I've got the same for all the away games in this qualifying
group so I cant complain.

buckiefc
31/08/2005, 3:10 PM
anyone have any info details about getting to from the game from pathos?
Bout 10 of us going so will probably need a mini bus

blueanto40
31/08/2005, 8:12 PM
there are 3 of us going over to pathos and i can arrange transport for you but need to know how many

Green Army Girl
01/09/2005, 8:38 AM
Is anyone organizing transport to the under 21 game in Cyprus is on 7th October in Larnaca Town, kick off time for that game is 16.00 local time

Sligo Hornet
01/09/2005, 8:56 AM
Four of us staying in Protaras would be interested in going to the U21 match.....anyone else from this resort (or Ayia Napa ) thinking of going?...Also, anyone one organised transport yet from Protaras ( or Ayia Napa ) for the "Big Game"?

Sligo Hornet
01/09/2005, 12:51 PM
hi we are running coaches to the match on the saturday from paphos and from ayia napa to the game the price is £10 cypriot pounds each.
steve

Hi Steve, thanks for the info......how do we book travel to and from Ayia Napa?..Where does coach depart from?....approx timings ?

Paulie
01/09/2005, 1:20 PM
hi the coaches from ayia napa will be leaving from the napa mirmaid hotel at 10am spending the day in nicosia the out to the stadium for the match.
the girls are taking bookings in the hotel but we can add you to the list if you want and pay on the day.
steve

Hi Steve. I'm probably being a bit cheeky here as we're travelling independently but is it possible for myself and two others to book ourselves on to the coach from Ayia Napa as well? If you can't do it don't worry about it, as I said I'm just chancing my arm really.

Dawn_Run
01/09/2005, 1:51 PM
Travelling from Larnaca to Nicosia... does anyone have any idea on how to get there? Are there any buses or anything organised?

BTW: Has everyone got sorted for tickets for the game? I've got mine - Is there a shortage of tickets or are we looking good?

Peadar
01/09/2005, 2:04 PM
Is there a shortage of tickets or are we looking good?

They FAI have got an allocation and have requested more.
Cyprus have had poor crowds for all their games so far and if the last game we played there is anything to go by, we'll be able to pick up plenty tickets out there.

captkeen
04/09/2005, 10:35 AM
Has anybody got web address for stadium in cyprus or if anyone has a spare couple of tickets i would be very greatful.

Only2keanos
04/09/2005, 12:26 PM
Has anybody got web address for stadium in cyprus or if anyone has a spare couple of tickets i would be very greatful.

I tried to get a website for the stadium before and even emailed the cypriot FA about it but they never replied. I guess they figured they should just let the FAI deal with ticket distributions to Irish fans. Anyway the following link is about the most info I could find on the net about the stadium.

http://www.worldstadiums.com/stadium_pictures/europe/cyprus/nicosia_neo_gsp.shtml

captkeen
05/09/2005, 11:08 AM
i am thinking of going to cyprus with my brother but we dont have tickets,have the f.a relased their allocation and ifso has anybody recieved them.

Paulie
05/09/2005, 12:53 PM
i am thinking of going to cyprus with my brother but we dont have tickets,have the f.a relased their allocation and ifso has anybody recieved them.

The FAI are not taking any more applications fot this game. Anybody that applied through them has been informed as to whether their application was successful or not. The tickets should be issued fairly shortly. This is one game that I would not be too concerned about regarding tickets. While there will be a lot of Irish there the Cypriots do not come out in big numbers to support their team as anyone who was there the last time we played them will testify to. I think they prefer to support Greece or Turkey depending on their background.

deego11
05/09/2005, 3:02 PM
anyone have any info details about getting to from the game from pathos?
Bout 10 of us going so will probably need a mini bus

you can book minibuses on this site. we got 1 from ayia napa very easy and reasonable too.

http://www.cyprus-car-hire.com

deego11
05/09/2005, 3:05 PM

I might have about 4 spare but I wont know till they come out from the football club next week so ill post it then if I do, just keep an eye on the site.

like a badger
08/09/2005, 11:21 PM
3,000 turned up. They'll be giving tickets away over there I'd say.......

zinedineontour
09/09/2005, 9:42 AM
you can book minibuses on this site. we got 1 from ayia napa very easy and reasonable too.

http://www.cyprus-car-hire.com

yeah we booked one on the day of the game and back with them as well ... cheap enough ...

dublinwanderer
10/09/2005, 6:09 PM
goin to cyprus with three others for match. staying in ayia napa. is there any return transport from ayia napa to nicosia for the match?

Colie
11/09/2005, 12:15 PM
The bars will be piling on the buses, so long as you drink there for a while of course.

ccfcgirl
11/09/2005, 6:56 PM
goin to cyprus with three others for match. staying in ayia napa. is there any return transport from ayia napa to nicosia for the match?YES .There is the Irish bars out there are doing buses too and from the game .Im stayingg in Aiya Napa as well ,I cant wait for this trip .

Saint Tom
11/09/2005, 8:46 PM
we just to gotta go all out one on this one.. anyone been to ayia napa before? I know our trips are by nature lairy, but anything added by being in ayia napa?

supasparx
12/09/2005, 6:19 PM
You can e-mail info@thebhoysbar.com to book match tickets and return bus trips (from ayia napa) to the match.

4tothefloor
12/09/2005, 7:57 PM
Have the flight tickets for the global travel week-long trip from Cork been sent out yet? Anyone know?

4tothefloor
13/09/2005, 6:54 PM
Nice one

keenanboy
14/09/2005, 7:54 PM
everyone keeps mentioning aiya napa...is anyone out the other side near paphos? Group of 15 of us there

Condex
14/09/2005, 9:35 PM
Just booked a flight with Helios - London to Larnaca(hopefully not on auto-pilot)... 5th to the 10th £ not £168 not bad...

Colie
14/09/2005, 9:35 PM
hi dont worry we have just under 200 in paphos plus i know of several other groups staying there so i will be good craic!!!steve :D
Hi Steve, just as a matter of interest, where are the lads you were over in the Faroes with staying?

By the way, anyone renting a car we got a 7 seater for under €400 here:
www.carjet.co.uk

Green Army Girl
15/09/2005, 10:35 AM
hi the midlands lads are staying in paphos but as far as i know the london lads are in limassol.

God Steve Paphos is a bit far trying to get away from the rest of us :D

Sligo Hornet
15/09/2005, 10:40 AM
:( can't see anyone else mentioning that they are staying in Protaras, 4 of us at Tsokkos Beach hotel.......sounds as though we might get a bit lonely!!........anyone know the local telephone number for the Samaritans!

Green Army Girl
15/09/2005, 1:09 PM
anyone know the local telephone number for the Samaritans![/QUOTE]

Thats if they even have phones out there :D

NOLANone
15/09/2005, 2:28 PM
There's 13 of us heading to Ayia Napa on Sunday 2nd Oct for 7 nights :eek: , staying at the Senator Apartments. I know that there will be loads of Irish fans knocking about because of the match :ball: , but what about other nationalities, will the place be totally dead apart from the Irish as this is the end of the season?

I'm not worried cause I know the craic will be mad :cool: , was just wondering if anyone knows if Ayia Napa's likely to be busy at this time of year?

Anyone planning to stay at Senator Apartments or has been there in the past?

Cosmo
15/09/2005, 2:39 PM
There's 13 of us heading to Ayia Napa on Sunday 2nd Oct for 7 nights :eek: , staying at the Senator Apartments. I know that there will be loads of Irish fans knocking about because of the match :ball: , but what about other nationalities, will the place be totally dead apart from the Irish as this is the end of the season?

I'm not worried cause I know the craic will be mad :cool: , was just wondering if anyone knows if Ayia Napa's likely to be busy at this time of year?

You mean will there be plenty of chicks there for everyone ;)

NOLANone
15/09/2005, 2:41 PM
Correct! :)

keenanboy
15/09/2005, 8:07 PM
Just booked a flight with Helios - London to Larnaca(hopefully not on auto-pilot)... 5th to the 10th £ not £168 not bad...

Bring a flask of hot tea and a duffel coat mate

Sligo Hornet
16/09/2005, 8:07 AM
:( We did not get any tickets from the FAI in the original application, but were held on the 'Reserve' list awaiting the second wave of tickets from the Cypriot FA.However, I received an e-mail yesterday from Merrion Square stating that to date the Cypriots have not come forward with any additional tickets, and are now unlikely to!!

Apparently, the FAI received over 7,500 applications for the 'just over ' 10% official entitlement, which has been swallowed up by the 'Block-Bookers'.

Bearing in mind Cyprus usually only get 3-4,000 at Internationals, makes you question the skills of the people negotiating at both ends!!

Oh well, we will just have secure tickets from some of the 'watering holes'.................any firm suggestions?

Peadar
16/09/2005, 11:26 AM
Oh well, we will just have secure tickets from some of the 'watering holes'.................any firm suggestions?

The Step Inn
The Welcome Inn
The Hamlet Bar
All in Limassol, some may even put on a bus to the game.
Don't rub it in if you get your ticket for a fraction of the cost paid for FAI tickets.

Green Tribe
16/09/2005, 6:17 PM
There's 13 of us heading to Ayia Napa on Sunday 2nd Oct for 7 nights :eek: , staying at the Senator Apartments. I know that there will be loads of Irish fans knocking about because of the match, but what about other nationalities, will the place be totally dead apart from the Irish as this is the end of the season?

Fireman looking to score again? :eek: :D

onenilgameover
17/09/2005, 9:59 AM
Have the FAI sent out the tickets yet. I got offered two but have't recieved anything as yet????

onenilgameover
17/09/2005, 10:01 AM
hi we are running coaches to the match on the saturday from paphos and from ayia napa to the game the price is £10 cypriot pounds each.
steve

Paphos seems to be a bit of a distance away from Nicosia...How long will the bus take and what time you thinking of heading...

thx d

Green Tribe
17/09/2005, 11:10 AM
http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/3727-Ayia_Napa-Senator_Apartments-Holiday-Review.html

onenilgameover
17/09/2005, 1:03 PM
hi we plan to leave paphos at 10am spend the day in nicosia then head back out to the stadium which is on the outskirts of town returning straight back after match.
last time took us about an hour and half last time.
we have a break halfway at a services.

sounds good...lookin forward to this one now!!

dublinwanderer
18/09/2005, 10:14 PM
staying in napa tssokis apartments in ayia napa anyone else staying there? anyone know if its a good spot? is there many irish bars in ayia napa?

Peadar
19/09/2005, 10:58 AM
The weather forecast (http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/CYXX0004_c.html?force_units=1) is looking good at the moment.
Hope it lasts.

Only2keanos
19/09/2005, 1:31 PM
Anyone know if there are irish bars around nicosia or the stadium. It would be good for drinking before the game and hopefully getting to see the Switzerland v France game afterwards. I think it is supposed to be starting at about the same time our game finishes.

Peadar
19/09/2005, 3:33 PM
the stadium is in an industrial estate on the outskirts of town.

Out in the fecking desert more like! :D
I kid you not, guys, the last time we were there, we nearly froze to death. :(

supasparx
19/09/2005, 4:27 PM
Out in the fecking desert more like! :D
I kid you not, guys, the last time we were there, we nearly froze to death. :(

What time of year was that Peadar? I'm too lazy to look it up! :o