PDA

View Full Version : Cyprus (Away) Sat 8th Oct 05

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Cowboy
01/04/2005, 4:03 PM
Well, you can always buy through the Cypriots... will probably be cheaper, too. Can't imagine they'll have too much interest of going.

I am beginning to think I might come to. I can apply for press accreditation, I think - so at least that won't be a problem, and flights are cheap.

Why dont you guys all meet us in Cyprus for a drinking contest after the game. :)

Shae_B2D
01/04/2005, 4:07 PM
Why dont you guys all meet us in Cyprus for a drinking contest after the game. :)

Being in Cyprus might be a bit weird for me, an Israeli Ireland fan in a country which speaks my favorite language! drinking contest to the sound of Greek music, you know what? I love the sound of that idea!

Eldad
01/04/2005, 4:07 PM
Well, you can always buy through the Cypriots... will probably be cheaper, too. Can't imagine they'll have too much interest of going.

I am beginning to think I might come to. I can apply for press accreditation, I think - so at least that won't be a problem, and flights are cheap.

Thank you,
I will decide in July if I get there or not.

Cowboy
01/04/2005, 4:21 PM
Being in Cyprus might be a bit weird for me, an Israeli Ireland fan in a country which speaks my favorite language! drinking contest to the sound of Greek music, you know what? I love the sound of that idea!

Ok I'll get the first round in

Shae_B2D
01/04/2005, 7:18 PM
Ok I'll get the first round in

I'm still on a drinking break though, from that last minute. My friends all think I'm out of my mind, I'm known as the eternal-beer-in-hand-girl out of us, but I'm sick as hell and needed two days to recover from the hang over. :)

Cowboy
01/04/2005, 8:43 PM
needed two days to recover from the hang over. :)

as did I :)

Saint Tom
02/04/2005, 1:38 PM
have got a good deal through A friend who is an agent, €500 approx via Gatwick. 7 nights (tue-tue) in Ayia Napa. Seeing what the stand up boys are doing before confirming though.

FarBeag
02/04/2005, 4:59 PM
Ye got some very good deals there lads but you have to remember Cyprus is fairly expensive.Their pound is stronger than Stirling.Limassol is good,well it was in 2001 but if you want loads of music,women men(for the women and men if you like) beer sun,good beaches and too many Brits Ayia Nappa is what you are looking for.I was there in 2001 but i am in my mid thirties now so will have to go to Phapos along with all the other wrinklies.

Tipp Townie
06/04/2005, 12:00 PM
Any word on how easy it is to get from Greece (Athens) to Cyprus? And how expensive? Just scanned the whole thread but cant see any info :confused:

dcfcsteve
06/04/2005, 12:12 PM
Everyone seems to be staying in Ayia Napa from what they have been saying on this thread. Know people who went out for the game a few years back. Will be speaking to them, but I dont think its gonna be that big a deal where you stay. I will sort it when im back from the Faroe islands. Cheap deals will hopefully be available by then.

Did the Ireland game in Cyprus in 2001, and also did the Derry game in 2003. Both superb craic from start to finish.

Getting to the game from pretty much anywehere on the island won't be a huge problem. The bars in Ayia Napa will be running buses up (at least the 3 or 4 Irish ones will anyway). I'm sure it'll be the same from Limassol. Paphos is quite a bit further away and don't know if it has any Irish bars, so not sure about that. The Cypriots don't miss a trick when it comes to making a few quid, so I'd expect buses to be running from anywhere there's more than a handful of Paddies.

Taxis to the game from Ayia Napa wouldn't be that expensive either, though your problem would be getting one back afterwards (the stadium's in the middle of nowhere).

We hired a jeep last time, which between 5 of us cost very little. Didn't take it up to the senior game though. I drove us up to the U21 game and managed to combine getting stopped for speeding with being sick at the roadside after a heavy night before. Luckily not at precisely the same time.... :D

The game coincides with the end of the holiday season at Ayia Napa, so it'll be quieter than it is in the thick of Summer. Should still be fairly lively though.....

Peadar
06/04/2005, 12:54 PM
managed to combine getting stopped for speeding with being sick at the roadside after a heavy night before.

You met Nice Guy in Tel Aviv, did he tell you their story about speeding in Cyprus?
It basically concluded with, "He's got to catch us first!" :D

IsMiseSean
06/04/2005, 10:01 PM
Whats the story with the standup... tour? Is it a 3 day tour or 7 days?

Saint Tom
07/04/2005, 6:58 PM
€450 for nine nights inc accommodation just booked!! Monday 1st (14:20 Stansted) back weds 12th ( 4.00 larnaca-0725 heathrow / heathrow 09.50 Dublin 11.05 (plenty of time for swiss game!!) www.cyprusairways.com out through stansted (ryanair fr Dublin) in through heathrow (aerlingus to dub) staying in ayia Napa. sweet. Four in an apartment.

chuffed. hope this helps

Cowboy
07/04/2005, 7:37 PM
€450 for nine nights inc accommodation just booked!! Monday 1st (14:20 Stansted) back weds 12th ( 4.00 larnaca-0725 heathrow / heathrow 09.50 Dublin 11.05 (plenty of time for swiss game!!) www.cyprusairways.com out through stansted (ryanair fr Dublin) in through heathrow (aerlingus to dub) staying in ayia Napa. sweet. Four in an apartment.

chuffed. hope this helps

Good deal

Colie
11/04/2005, 8:28 PM

chuffed. hope this helps

Jaysus Tom, if ye thought we went mental in Tel Aviv for 3 nights, how will we handle a week in Ayia Napa! Ha, just make sure Eddie brings the video cam.....

Saint Tom
12/04/2005, 7:11 PM
some shop in the square are putting the footage of TA on dvd. can burn them at home for added copies...

nice long break all the same

IsMiseSean
12/04/2005, 9:51 PM
I'm all booked, myself and 3 others goin over on friday back on tuesday.
I'm going over via Amsterdam with Royal Dutch Airlines. €700 for everything (except beer money)

like a badger
14/04/2005, 7:26 PM
4 of us heading over, leaving Friday back Wednesday morning, €471 flights and accomodation via Glasgow. €659 + €49 Tax = €708 for a 3 day deal with Abbey Travel. They'll be whistling Dixie for our money.

Tá mé Corn an Domhain MANIA (Grammar goes out the window when "MANIA" is in a sentence)

michaelguineys
16/04/2005, 9:11 AM
Lads seriously think Global Travel is the best deal.
6 of us going, €600 each for the week.
Cant wait!
Home Mon morn and up to Dub then for the Swiss game on the Wed. Its gonna be some week and a half!!

supasparx
16/04/2005, 12:30 PM
Got flights through ebookers.com for £160, Heathrow to Larnaca out on the 5th back on the 14th. Don't have a ticket for the swiss game so return date doesn't matter, hopefully there will be a few stragglers left over to watch it with out there. Any one else stayin out there for the swiss game?
Combining football trip with a sun holiday for the missus, keeps everyone happy. Roll on october! :D

Babysis
16/04/2005, 4:55 PM
Got flights through ebookers.com for £160, Heathrow to Larnaca out on the 5th back on the 14th. Don't have a ticket for the swiss game so return date doesn't matter, hopefully there will be a few stragglers left over to watch it with out there. Any one else stayin out there for the swiss game?
Combining football trip with a sun holiday for the missus, keeps everyone happy. Roll on october! :D

Thats the plan with us. Potentially Me and my sisters, plus there partners and friends etc. Wed-wed or something along those lines. Footy and sun, bliss :D

Saint Tom
17/04/2005, 12:36 PM
great value on the flights with cyprus airways

Green Tribe
17/04/2005, 12:41 PM
great value on the flights with cyprus airways

true, was going to fly from manchester with them, but it is so much cheaper from london, so might go from there.
:D

onenilgameover
21/04/2005, 2:43 AM
Just doing some research on the trip and the one Global travel have organised. The peoples flag seem to be involved too. Seems like a good price for flight and acomodation. I fancy a package meself (don't want the hassle of organisin all details etc.) Anyhoo right the details are -

Studio based on 2 sharing 599 Euro per person
-1 bed Apt based on 4 sharing 599 Euro per person
-Twin room on bed and breakfast 679 Euro per person
-Twin room on Half Board 759 Euro per person
Price includes:
-flights to/from Cork or Dublin to Pathos
7 nights accomodation in mayfair hotel and apts
transfers to from airport at pathos
reps on site and travelling out and back on all flights.
entertainment every night in the hotel
all taxes and fuel supplements included

Reports on pathos itself seem to differ as it was ''called for wrinkles'' by someone on this thread. Not sure seems nice enough I'd say if your lookin for madness you'ill not have to go far to find it with the lot of us over there. I'm with the misses on this one so prob not over concerned by that. Anyway the Hotel they're stayin in is called the Mayfair. Here is a load of reviews for it.

http://www.holiday-truth.com/holiday_truths/hotel_reviews/2005/Mayfair%20Hotel%20And%20Apartments%20/

As you can see people seem to differ on their opinions there too. I'm not sure if they're flyin direct or stoppin off in London but flights are goin from Cork and Dublin which is quite cool. I haven't decided yet whether to go with them. Anyone got anymore unbiased info?

michaelguineys
21/04/2005, 1:41 PM
I def think global travel is the best deal.
Tried loads all goin for 750+ for 3 /4 nite packages which is a complete rip off.
There are loads of us goin and one of the lads is a complete nutter so entertainment is guaranteed for everyone.
Its gonbna be some trip!!

Babysis
21/04/2005, 1:44 PM
Im really up for this one. Ive founf some nice and cheap deals from London. i just want to get an idea of where most people are staying. I know Ayia Napa is popular, anywhere else?? Thanks :)

paul_oshea
21/04/2005, 2:11 PM
1 bed Apt based on 4 sharing 599 Euro per person

i was planning on getting that one for 4 of us, from england its £400 so its pretty the same, 1 week the usual, we would be out about 1km from the main part of aiya napa which is good as yu can relax and it looked like a quiet place, which the rep also said it was, so you can have it both ways really

from what ive found aiya napa and larnaca are the most expensive with limassol getting you the best deal... either way you are going to be spending a serious amount of money when you get there as its not that cheap.

oh ya those 4 bed are 2 sharing singles and a pull out double bed, so make sure there are no snorers or grumps amongst ye if you are sharing that!!!

Green Army Girl
22/04/2005, 8:06 AM
Well me and my friend Lindsey booked with 747 travel. Staying in Limmasol from 6th of Oct to the 10th of Oct early morning flight on the 6th. I heard Aya Napia will be closed (well the big clubs and that)anyway so it doesnt make much of a difference where you stay really. Hopefully it is good as Israel but with a better result.

Saint Tom did you get a chance to put the video of Israel on dvd yet i saw your message on the peoples flag website.

carricksmasher
22/04/2005, 9:53 AM
theres a mob of us going from Thursday to Monday, flying from heathrow. Have managed to get a hotel in Larnaca for 60 yo yo for the 4 nights...not exactly luxury accomadation but you wouldnt mind that

http://www.cactus.com.cy/ncactushotel/index.htm

location wise i reckon we will be ok, taxi spin to larnaca centre and same to ayia napa if we fancy that.

Green Tribe
22/04/2005, 10:07 AM
Well me and my friend Lindsey booked with 747 travel. Staying in Limmasol from 6th of Oct to the 10th of Oct early morning flight on the 6th. I heard Aya Napia will be closed (well the big clubs and that)anyway so it doesnt make much of a difference where you stay really. Hopefully it is good as Israel but with a better result.

Saint Tom did you get a chance to put the video of Israel on dvd yet i saw your message on the peoples flag website.

big welcome to more girls on the site :D There are a handful of us. See yous are famous on thepeoplesflag!!!! :D

Green Army Girl
22/04/2005, 12:42 PM
Oh stop will you didnt realise that were that many pictures.Us girls will soon be taking over the websites.

Green Tribe
22/04/2005, 12:44 PM
Oh stop will you didnt realise that were that many pictures.Us girls will soon be taking over the websites.

ya big posers!!!! ;) :D :D

Colie
23/04/2005, 1:36 AM
ya big posers!!!! ;) :D :D

Dn't worry, ye'll have yer chance to shine in Cyprus

:)

Green Tribe
23/04/2005, 1:46 AM
Dn't worry, ye'll have yer chance to shine in Cyprus

:)

:D :D will be great , my friend is from Nicosia, must see if he'll be there in October, force him to support Ireland cos his team is craap :D

Colie
23/04/2005, 1:48 AM
Tell him to forget the match completely so we can get more tivkets for it. I'd say there'll be 20kl Irish over hter fot it. We;re all in Ayia Napa & all. Bizin for this one too/

onenilgameover
23/04/2005, 10:25 AM
I reckon there's gonna be a huge amount over there alright 10k or 15k if not 20..Tickets????Whats the story with gettin them... The stadium is not that big and if theres a huge crowd of us we could fill it. Was thinkin right....If there were tickets in the bars before the game. What if your stayin in aya napa or paphos which are both a couple of hours away and are only goin up to Nicosia for the match day. Its a bit risky don't ya think tryin to get tickets on the match day with thousands of others thinkin the same thing..Anyone there in 2001. How did that work out? I know the stadium was only half full but I reckon it will be different this time round.

Stadium is 23,400 here it is..... click on top one...

http://www.worldstadiums.com/europe/countries/cyprus.shtml

Colie
23/04/2005, 10:58 AM
Vs Israel - 1624
Vs France - 3319
Vs Faroes - 1400

Tickets shouldn't be a problem with a 23k capacity.

Thunderblaster
23/04/2005, 11:22 AM
Looking forward to Cyprus myself. Going to go with a group.

Saint Tom
23/04/2005, 1:36 PM
the israel vid is on the way as soon as some editing is done... hehe

its in the shop being done as we speak so should have by middle of next week. will make it available to one and all

Duffer
25/04/2005, 12:45 PM
Flights and accomadation booked me and my pal (2 more girls we're taking over).
We're staying in Paphos - is many people staying in Paphos?

Green Army Girl
25/04/2005, 12:52 PM
Is anyone staying in the CRUSADER HOTEL in Limasol. Anyone hear anything about it

Green Tribe
25/04/2005, 1:15 PM
Flights and accomadation booked me and my pal (2 more girls we're taking over).
We're staying in Paphos - is many people staying in Paphos?

We're taking over indeed.
:D

Still cannot decide where to stay, Paphos is supposed to be really nice, but i was thinking more of Limassol or Ayia Napa as they are closer. Anyone help? Hotel accomodation in Ayia Napa looking about £20 pp per night, not so bad, will contact hotels directly, might be cheaper. Can't afford to book anything for a month or 2 though :o

Green Army Girl
25/04/2005, 1:55 PM
Ah Kerr's tribe you should go to Limasol keep all the girls together. I had a look at our hotel today it seems to be fine for a 3 star. Sure everything is closed in Aya Napia anyway and Nicosia isnt too far.

And thanks Global Travel (sorry for calling you that dont have your first name) you always help me out where would i be without you.

Green Tribe
25/04/2005, 2:13 PM
Ah Kerr's tribe you should go to Limasol keep all the girls together. I had a look at our hotel today it seems to be fine for a 3 star. Sure everything is closed in Aya Napia anyway and Nicosia isnt too far.

And thanks Global Travel (sorry for calling you that dont have your first name) you always help me out where would i be without you.

:D It is not Ayia Napa's wild reputation i am after, if it was high season i would NOT go, prefer something a bit more in between. Supposed to be a great beach at ayia napa, nissi beach? Anyway will check out a few more things but definitey Ayia Napa or Limassol. Seems most people are going to Limassol so it seems the better option :confused: :D

NeilMcD
25/04/2005, 2:15 PM
I am going to be in Ayia Napa with my little brother, so I think you should come and join us there. I agree its not the tons of tacky nightclubs that I am after but I hear the beach etc is great. I think its going to be a great trip.

Green Tribe
25/04/2005, 4:07 PM
Limassol is closer to the mountains! :D

Saint Tom
25/04/2005, 5:33 PM
dont think you'll get much skiing in cyprus... ;)

ed and myself in Ayia Napa

Green Tribe
25/04/2005, 5:39 PM
dont think you'll get much skiing in cyprus... ;)

ed and myself in Ayia Napa

:rolleyes: :D Tom! Behave!

As it will be warm and sunny i want to go walking in the mountains to clear the hangover. There for 9 days so plenty of time to explore. :D

Still can't f*cking decide!

Actually, you and Ed = camcorder so that can be dangerous!! Heh heh ;)

Colie
25/04/2005, 6:14 PM
Actually, you and Ed = camcorder so that can be dangerous!! Heh heh ;)

I swear, if you could see Eddie with a camcorder youes'd all be in Ayia Napa, he's halarious with it, a real craic maker.

supasparx
26/04/2005, 5:04 PM
I think we're gonna go for Larnaca. 10 mins. from airport, 25 mins to ay. napa, 30 mins. to Nicosia. Pretty much inbetween everything.