Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Maribor View Post
    £12-15m redevelopment of the entire stadium complex
    - New stands
    - New retail facilities
    - 3rd gen training facilities
    And I'm going to be the next Taoiseach!!

How do you propose to pay for all this?
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btid1 View Post

Funding from the FAI, the British and Irish Governments and other sources AFAIK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Without any Angel of Mercy/Death property developers.....

The First stage of the scheme involves retail units on the Brandywell sports centre side of the site. They will provide funding (and an ongoing revenue stream) that will be added to funds secured froma variety of sporting and non-sporting bodies north and south.

The club does have to find some money itself as well - but only a portion of the total costs. Money from third parties doesn't appear to be proving much of an obstacle.

The Brandywell plans are certainly at a more advanced stage than the plans for either Richmond Park or any new Bohs or Drogs stadiums are, for example.
    Maybe we should invite you to the eventual opening in your capacity as An Taoiseach....?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    He's a Bohs fan.

And are those the "they're not really the plans for the Brandywell, they're only generic stadium plans" plans
    Well maybe he should worry more about his club's own stadium plans then....

The Brandywell plans are at a relatively advanced stage - as outlined above. Certainly appear to be at a more advanced stage than the plans for Richmond Park.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post

The Brandywell plans are at a relatively advanced stage - as outlined above. Certainly appear to be at a more advanced stage than the plans for Richmond Park.

They dont need any, they'll just copy the ones used next door, 288 apartments i believe was the total granted PP there!!

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Without any Angel of Mercy/Death property developers.....

The First stage of the scheme involves retail units on the Brandywell sports centre side of the site. They will provide funding (and an ongoing revenue stream) that will be added to funds secured froma variety of sporting and non-sporting bodies north and south.

The club does have to find some money itself as well - but only a portion of the total costs. Money from third parties doesn't appear to be proving much of an obstacle.

The Brandywell plans are certainly at a more advanced stage than the plans for either Richmond Park or any new Bohs or Drogs stadiums are, for example.
    Maybe we should invite you to the eventual opening in your capacity as An Taoiseach....?

And I look forward to attending in my official capacity but only if the game is against Bohs.

Listen you take the money where you get it and that just happens to be a developer in Bohs case.

Good to hear that the Irish taxpayer is once again funding something north of the border.Maybe Bohs,Pats and Drogs should apply to the British Government for some funding!
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm very impressed with your attempts at point-scoring over which club has the swankiest artist's impression, scale model and/or fly-through of their future plans. Check the stadium update thread - the league has moved on from the days when clubs would announce something just to keep from losing their grant money. No one outside Derry cares that you have a virtual tour of someone else's stadium on your website.

Come back to us and gloat when you're sitting in your fancy new stadium and Pats and Bohs haven't made any improvements or (God Forbid!) are sharing a one-sided Tallaght Stadium with Thomas Davis, Rovers, Shels and Sporting South Dublin FC (the poor pitch will take an awful hammering ).
    SIGNATURESCOPE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    And I look forward to attending in my official capacity but only if the game is against Bohs.
    Even Man U-loving Bertie isn't that blinkered.....

Listen you take the money where you get it and that just happens to be a developer in Bohs case.
    Indeed. Though you do have to ask questions as well. Unless you want to end up like Shels or Shamrock Rovers...

Good to hear that the Irish taxpayer is once again funding something north of the border.Maybe Bohs,Pats and Drogs should apply to the British Government for some funding!
    And good to see your partitionist sentiments coming to the fore. Though some of your fans are more worried about applying to the British authorities for bail and clemency at this particular moment, rather than stadium funding.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    Pat's wouldn't be the first roof garden stadium. I think the Louis II in Monte Carlo is on the roof of a carpark.
    Yeah, I thought that as well, and I had some sort of impression of the one in San Sebastien being on top of a car park too?
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    Yeah, I thought that as well, and I had some sort of impression of the one in San Sebastien being on top of a car park too?
    Amsterdam arena is over one too, Milltown is under one

kdjac
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Indeed. Though you do have to ask questions as well. Unless you want to end up like Shels or Shamrock Rovers...
    Members of Bohs will know that there are more than enough controls in place to make sure we dont go the way of Shels or Rovers.Dont worry about us we are not niave in the art of doing business!

And good to see your partitionist sentiments coming to the fore. Though some of your fans are more worried about applying to the British authorities for bail and clemency at this particular moment, rather than stadium funding.....
    *Call me what you like be that partitionist or whatever but I dont do the whole Northern politics debate and certainly could not be put in the same box as any of those assh*les who are hopefully rotting in their cells around now.All I know is I pay my taxes and would prefer to see them spent in my jurisdiction and considering the so called Government of this country refuse to help sporting organisations based in the Republic (ie Bohs) I dont see why they should fund Derry City FC.This is nothing against DCFC, as they are a club I have a lot of time for, its just a financial gripe.

*Disclaimer: Do not want to start a political debate just airing a view.
    Bohs Will Be Back!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    It'd be a sensible use of space in an expensive city like Dublin to have a pitch over a car park.

Though very few other clubs building a new stadium in big cities have done it, so maybe there's a good reason..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    There's a car park under the nou camp too
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345