Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kenny for St Pats?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    According to the grapevine, Kenny getting sacked Is not only due to the fact that the team are not performing but there are some Issues relating to his off the field antics. He done a good job at Derry but he cost them the league by agreeing to go to Dung-fermline before the season's end. Everybody wished him the best but it wasnt a clever decision in hindsight. Id say, he wishes he'd have stayed in Ireland now and he wouldnt be in as much bother as he is now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    According to the grapevine, Kenny getting sacked Is not only due to the fact that the team are not performing but there are some Issues relating to his off the field antics.

I believe he left 'issues' in Derry too before having to leave

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    "Off field activities"...? Stephen hasn`t taken to selling dodgey scrag end cuts again has he? Stogiegate?

By the way St Shelbourne Athletics expansionist tactics are now well known to the Local Autorties after they recently tried to claim jump city council land either side of the Camac. Don`t expect a sympathetic ear if your altruistic property developer owner comes calling to the planning offices on changing the use of the lands he got from the Saints for a song. The councillors can be bought though so he should do alright!
    So when are you announcing the move to Tallaght?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    When your new stadium is built

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    "
    By the way St Shelbourne Athletics expansionist tactics are now well known to the Local Autorties after they recently tried to claim jump city council land either side of the Camac. Don`t expect a sympathetic ear if your altruistic property developer owner comes calling to the planning offices on changing the use of the lands he got from the Saints for a song. The councillors can be bought though so he should do alright!
    Coming from a Margarine Kid all of the above must be a FACT!
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    He would not be in this mess right now if he didn't stay on til Derry played the cup final last season. He got Dunfermline to within a whisker of staying up and if he went there three weeks earlier when the regular season ended they probably would have stayed up.

Ergo...Dunfermline getting relegated was Derry Citys fault.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cestlavie View Post
    According to the grapevine, Kenny getting sacked Is not only due to the fact that the team are not performing but there are some Issues relating to his off the field antics. :
    Back to his natural home so?
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    There was some talk about his personal life not long ago, including him leaving issues before he left here. If he was to leave I wouldnt be one bit suprised if he and Robbo were to swap, with Robbo going to Dunfermline.

He has made it clear that he wants to return to Scotland not too far down the line, and he was linked to the Inverness job with a wall of silence from him, no comment on it until they got Brewster. Its really a wait and see time.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Here it is on Google Maps

Here's the corresponding satelitte image
    its in the space between Emmet Road and Inchicore Road. The "new" apartments are btween Myra Cottages and Camac Court. The river runs parallel to Inchicore road

Ya thats what I thought, manys a trip on the 78A out to clondalkin comes back to me ( what an experience! )
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerc View Post
    Coming from a Margarine Kid all of the above must be a FACT!

No idea what a Margarine Kid is Are you denying that City Council turfed St Shels out from the north bank of the Camac recently?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    The rumours supposedly relating to SK and his private life are bullsh*t.

Dunfermline supporters now even seem to agree that they were all part of some whispering campaign earlier in the year to try and discredit him.

The Glasgow Herald even published an apology for suggesting that private issues had put his job at Dunfermline in jeopardy.

A lot of Dunfermline supporters are suggesting that much of this is coming from a senior member of the DAFC playing staff.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Decades ago there was a plan mooted to pipe the Camac in concrete pipes and build a stand on the far side straddling the river. The rumour at the time was that St. Pat's owned a significant parcel of land on the other bank of the river from the terraced side . Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeTillIDie View Post
    Decades ago there was a plan mooted to pipe the Camac in concrete pipes and build a stand on the far side straddling the river. The rumour at the time was that St. Pat's owned a significant parcel of land on the other bank of the river from the terraced side . Can anyone confirm this?
    yes...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Dodge... I have good sources then

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die View Post
    There was some talk about his personal life not long ago, including him leaving issues before he left here. If he was to leave I wouldnt be one bit suprised if he and Robbo were to swap, with Robbo going to Dunfermline.

He has made it clear that he wants to return to Scotland not too far down the line, and he was linked to the Inverness job with a wall of silence from him, no comment on it until they got Brewster. Its really a wait and see time.
    I have heard exactly the same, wouldn't surprise me if there was a swop involved. How do you feel Derry fans would take to him coming back.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexy View Post
    I have heard exactly the same, wouldn't surprise me if there was a swop involved. How do you feel Derry fans would take to him coming back.
    It would be mixed, abit like the Dolan situation at Cork, alot of fans like him and alot dont. There afe many who are angry at him walking out on us, but on the other hand many believe he was our best manager and would take him back in an instant. I'm undecided on whether i'd want him back

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Decades ago there was a plan to fill inthe grand canal and create a new road in Dublin. Decades ago there was no EU environmental directives or respect for biodiversity. Any Pat's fans that think they are cantilevering or culverting over the Camac are deluded. I dunno if you will stay in Richer but that's a non-runner and if that's the spin you have bought into then expect to be heading west eventually.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Dodge... I have good sources then
    It was in a program mid 90s that Roadstone offered to pipe the camac and provide material for a stand.

Awesome source

kdjac
    5-0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    They`ve recentlytried to claim adverse posession of that land and develop "trainining facilities"but have got short shrift from Dublin C.C. Thats what officials in DCC are saying anyway. Not being denied by Pats posters I note.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by City till I Die View Post
    I'm undecided on whether i'd want him back
    Im with you on this one, id actually like to give Robbo a go from season kick off, he was left in a bad situation when he arrived.
    Go lí cúnna ifrinn do thóin bheagmhaitheasach

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast